Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Witches are bitches (modern day)

Chrystabel helped to carry Fion and as they reached the gate of the holding cell, she saw a short bald cop checking on the limp old cop at the desk. "Shit..." She muttered and quickly left Lilith as the cop did not notice them yet and circled around him. The short cop looked up and saw Lilith with Fion and Chrystabel moved behind him and covered his mouth with the rag and the cop was surprised and did not put up much of a fight.

"This thing is kinda effective," Chrystabel muttered and help carry Fion out of the cell area. As they walked all the way to the rear exit, Chrystabel saw motorcycle cops outside that spotted the limp cops. Looking at Lilith, she looks very exhausted. "I got this..." Chrystabel said and gestured an invisibility spell and moved quickly behind the cops. She covered the mouth of the cop with a thick mustache and the cop went limp. The other cop spotted Chrystabel and Chrystabel channeled a charm spell and stared at the cop who briefly looked daze and she covered hit mouth with the rag as well.

Casting consecutive spells made her head hurt as well and she quickly helped Lilith to carry Fion to the car. Gesturing, Chrystabel cast an awaken spell to try to get Fion up but she was out of juice. "We need to get to somewhere safe, perhaps to that old lady's place again."

She drove back, avoiding a few roadblocks and saw the old lady waiting. "The man is fixed, and you brought Fion."

"Sure, I can help her too," The old lady said. "I owe her a favor."

The demons heard footsteps and saw cops approaching and as they were still dazed from the earlier attack, they still had demonic features and the cops drew their guns and shot them on sight. When the bullets penetrate their tough leathery skin, the demons bled black blood and more of the cops joined in and the demons had no chance.

===========================================================================

Fion woke up in a room with weird-smelling oils and a sweet cotton-candy-like taste in her mouth. She saw the old lady massaging her and her vaginal felt raw as she applied salves and oils and massaged it. Her body was still in pain and she got up and recalled her horrible experience getting raped by demons.

"Oh, hag!" Fion asked. "How do I get here?"

"The young ladies brought you here," The old lady said.

"You don't have to disguise for me," Fion said. "I know what you are... Thank you."

"I no longer owe you a favor as I have saved you life," The old lady said.

Fion frowned and nodded. She walked to a crystal ball and muttered a spell and chatted with Peggy and they were safe in the safehouse and she scanned around and the demons were dead.

"I know you are enjoying this," Fion said to the old lady. "What else did you see?"

"They were trying to impregnate you," The old lady said. "They were trying to find a host to carry the demon baby, and already found a suitable host to extract semen."

"So, have they found one?" Fion asked.

"They did," The old lady said. "I've removed the baby from you as well."

"Anything else you need to tell me?" Fion asked.

"Well, the vampires who were laying low are feeding on humans again. Bloodlust is hard to control when you have demons murdering humans on the street," The old lady said. "If you get to them, may I ask for a vial of vampire blood?"

"Thanks, I'll deal with them later," Fion said and walked out to see Lilith and Chrystabel, and also a dashing young man.

"I'm much better now, thanks," Fion said. "The demons are settled, we are moving the coven, looking for a new house and then your classes will start and we need to perform a ritual once the new coven is found. So no sex for the next 2 weeks."

Fion called a few other covens and they were able to help with calming down the BPD. State police and the other towns send cops to help patrol the streets to prevent more murders and many of the police contacts that the witches made were killed in the assault.

Streets were more violent than before and the demons woke up the creates that laid low, and started to again acquire the taste for human blood.

Lilith had made it to the car before she felt every ounce of energy draining out of her. She barely made it into the passenger seat next to Chrystabel before she passed out from the day's efforts. For this reason she too had to be carried into the old lady's house and was given a recovery potion that while it took a while to take full effect had here awake by the time Fion entered the room where the three of them, Lilith, Chrystabel and Sebastian (who was also just starting to regain consciousness) were waiting.
"Fuck," she groaned and sat up slowly, expecting a serious headache but even though her head felt heavy it was no worse than a mild hangover.
"I need a smoke," she said and stood up on slightly wobbly legs and headed for the door to the back porch just as Fion entered the room.
She shot the older witch a smile, happy to see her up and about and in seemingly good health.
"Excuse me," she said and pulled out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter as explanation and went outside. She sat down on a bench and lit her cigarette.

Chrystabel seemed to be in the best shape among everyone. She was not injured but could not get rid of the smell of the sleeping potion in her hands. She felt a relief as she sees Fion.

"New coven?" Chrystabel muttered. She liked the old place as she was familiar with the neighborhood. Moving was always hard as there are so many things to move.

Chrystabel went out to Lilith. "Wow, you are really powerful," Chrystabel said. "You know that old lady is a hag right? Greedy and keepers of knowledge and favors..."

"I have to work hard to cast spells," Chrystabel said. "But you can shoot them out all day..."

====================================================================

A few senior witches began to look at new places to move to, Peggy and the others started to move the witches to their new house near the end of the dead end street, quiet and peaceful. The group left their safehouse and started fortify the coven with spells and minor renovation with magic.

Fion was contacted by the coven telepathically. "Hey girls, you should head back to the coven later, here is the new address, we are adding more spells and protection and may need your help."

Fion took another potion from the old lady and left to settle the problems created by the demons. She wore an amulet that allows her to detect demons nearby and saw another roadblock ahead. "Damn it, a demon is there too..."

Moving the car to the side, she exited and muttered an invisibility spell, and approached.

She spotted 2 limp cops and heard gunshots. She looked up and saw a lady among a few cops, swiftly taking them down and getting shot by other cops. "A battle type demon, I like..." Fion said and the lady crushed the heads of 2 cops and rushed at the remaining plump cops. Leaping on the cops, she slapped away their guns and grabbed their throats.

"Hey!" Fion said as she completed a spell and released dark energy from her hands which turned into tentacles that bounded the demon's limbs. "I guess you should be more subtle, but you cannot..." A gate opened behind the demon and the demon was pulled inside and the gate closed.

The 2 cops were shocked and trembling in fear. Fion smiled and nodded as she returned to her car to drive off again. The city was full of police patrols as there were many murders and there was a state of emergency called. Fion went to the police station that had a massacre and avoided the roadblocks as she easily charmed the cops to get through. She met the desk sergeant and brought him to her car and rubbed his white hair. "Give me the low down..."

Fion was shocked to hear so many cops murdered and hospitalized, including the detectives and the captain which she knew very well. "Damn it, I need to build up more relationships again."

She looked at the amulet and spotted another demon nearby and went invisible to search and found a small imp scuttling around the cell area. She gestured a spell which directed a black bolt through the imp and the imp was impaled. She whispered a spell and the gate unlocked and she walked towards the imp. An old cop spotted a small black creature on the wall and it looked like a bat but had arms and legs. Suddenly, Fion appeared and stabbed its head and the old cop was shocked and staggered back. Fion looked at him and muttered another spell and disappeared again.

The imp was gone and what was left was black demon bloodstains on the wall.

Fion drove around and most of the demons detected were bounded by other supernatural beings and not free-roaming. "I guess this is it..." Fion said. "The ones that can be found and not the stealth types are destroyed. Luckily they do not gather and work together once, and I'm glad that Lilith could pick up the slack."

"Whether you want to or not you're coming with us."

That was the last thing he remembered hearing. Although he lapsed into and out of consciousness, everything was mostly a blur after that point. He remembered nodding when one of the women asked if they did this to him, but everything felt like a dream and Sebastian couldn't help but feel like he was on death's door. With the help of the two women holding him, he was able to make small movements to aid in his own transportation, but it wasn't really anything he consciously chose. Nightmarish dreams plagued his mind, but he heard the voices of the women who were by his side before he blacked out, along with a few others. They were in the background having a muffled conversation that was completely unintelligible to him in his current state, but it was little more than aperture to the hellscape going on in his mind. Whatever that demon did to him, he'd never experienced nightmares like this in his entire life.

"Don't worry, you will be fine with me."

At some point while he was lapsing, he heard those words and they reverberated in his mind. It created a soothing echolalia in his mind that was almost a counter-balance to the visions racing through his mind. The young man's mind was haunted by gnarled faces, gory torture, and thousands of women being burnt at stakes while figures were laughing that he never met but somehow recognized as being familiar. A recurring image was his father's twisted grin overlaying the disturbing images over and over again. Over time though, the imagery grew dimmer and the voice telling him that he would be okay grew louder. The shift continued until he was sleeping with no imagery in his mind at all.

The next thing he could consciously remember was waking up naked on a bed-table with his legs spread and a murky image of an old woman standing over him. He could feel the woman's hand between his legs, applying some kind of salve to his genitals. It was impossible to tell how long he had that agonizing erection, but it seemed like it was subsiding. His first conscious reaction was to freak out and pull away, but his body felt completely immobile during that time. Worst yet, he had no idea what had happened in the time he had been out. But the woman seemed to be nurturing him rather than hurting him, and when he heard her speak, he recognized her voice was the one from his dreams telling him he would be okay.

After blacking out once more, he awoke with his clothes on on the same bed-table, unsure once again about how much time had passed. But time, he was able to move. Sebastian was nowhere near recovered from that harrowing experience, but he was no longer dealing with the pain and he seemed stable. When he looked around, a few faces jumped out at him as familiar. His eyes gravitated toward Chrystabel though as he rubbed his face and couldn't help but ask the obvious question.

"What... the hell is going on?"

Lilith's head was beginning to clear from the fresh air when Chrystabel came out to the porch. She took a deep drag and sucked the smoke into her lungs, held it there for a moment before letting it simply slip out through barely parted lips. She nodded as she looked at Chrystabel although it was uncertain which of the slightly older witch's statements she responded to.
"It takes a lot of energy though," she then said and took another drag on the cigarette.
"And I get terrible headaches, migraines really, if I use my powers as much as I have since my first showdown with that demon you and your friends summoned."
There was not a hint of blame in her voice.
"And right now I feel like I could sleep for a thousand years. To be honest, Peggy's potions is what's got me through the last two days. I really need to ask her for the recipe, not that I think she'll part with it until her dying breaths."
Lilith chuckled a little as it kind of sounded something a bored housewife would say after a dinner party.
"And yea. I figured she was something other."
Lilith was not quite sure what exactly a hag was but she had sensed something not quite Human from the old lady who sort of looked like every cliché image of witches. It was just the flying broom and pointy hat that was missing but Lilith was dead sure the old lady had one of each in her closet.
"I just hope it will be worth the favours we owe her."

Lilith crushed the cigarette against the floorboards and then bent down to pick up the butt as if afraid to leave even as small a piece of herself as the saliva on the filter behind. She got up and went inside feeling that she might just be on the verge of making a new friend, not that she had many of those back in New York.
"Y'know. I think we might just get along," she said as they entered back into the room where Sebastian was just about conscious enough to start putting things together, not that any of it would make sense, Lilith imagined and knowing that the demon who had attached him had done so in her form she hung back near the door and let Chrystabel take the lead in answering his question.

"What... the hell is going on?"

"Oh, you're awake!" Chrystabel said with a surprise tone. "We found you barely alive... Too much explaining to do... Short answer... doppelganger demons, made my life shit and made me wanted by the police."

The radio turned on playing Culture Club

Do you really want to hurt me
Do you really want to make me cry
Words are few
I have spoken
I could waste a thousand years
Wrapped in sorrow, words are token
Come inside and catch my tears

"And yeah, I sort of now have to move house," Chrystabel said, blushing and not sure why she is confessing everything to him.

Chrystabel was more of a Goth chick, spying on boys from a distance, and not really good at holding a conversation.

The old lady walked over and sniffed her fingers with a smile of satisfaction and pleasure. "mmm..mmm," She muttered and looked at Sebastian, "You almost died, they brought you in for me to save you, and now, they owe me a favor."

The old lady poured a strong alcohol smelling liquid from a bottle with a snake and a fetus suspended in the liquid into a small bottle and passed it to Sebastian. "I guess you can apply this by yourself now."

There was an uncomfortable pause and Chrystabel tried to break the silence by saying something, "So, in your near-death experience... did you have any visions?"

Fion returned to the new coven building and saw all the senior witches moving some of their belongings into the house. "So this is move-in day?" Fion asked and Peggy nodded and hugged her. A loud roar was heard as a plane flew overhead and Fion shook her head. "So, we are now opposite the freaking airport? 79 Court Rd Winthrop, MA You can even smell the jet fuel."

"Well, we are at the end of the street overlooking a river," Peggy said. "And yes, that is the runway."

"I need to be 100% fast!" Fion said. "My body still hurts."

"Abusing magic for healing means you will pay later -- with interest!" Peggy said. "Just sleep it off first, we'll get to potions when you need them."

"Sorry, I can't be much help with the moving," Fion said.

"Thanks for risking yourself out there," Peggy said.

"I think we need to thank the new girl Lilith as well," Fion said. "She can be dangerous, but she helped out a lot as well."

"We found you barely alive... Too much explaining to do... Short answer... doppelganger demons, made my life shit and made me wanted by the police."

That was the explanation that he got. As if things couldn't get any more convoluted. Grimacing and closing his eyes tightly while rubbing his temples for a moment, he tried to process everything that had happened. He hadn't quite noticed Lilith yet, but was cognizant at least that Chrystabel had been with the person whose image had attacked him. There was really no way for him to tell what was true and what was false at the moment. At the moment, his head was still pounding and everything seemed to be swirly like he had been drinking a fair bit of alcohol.

When the old woman walked in with an oddly devious look on her face, he winced a bit and recalled that she had been the one tending to him. Although he also remembered... no, best not to even think about that. When she offered the salve to him, he looked at it hesitantly before cautiously taking it from her. It took a moment for him to process that it had been what she was rubbing on him, but when it did, his face grew flushed.

Glancing around, he spotted Lilith as well and his heart raced, but he recalled mention of doppelgangers. Might there be truth to that? Did he have any reason whatsoever to trust these women? The immediate answer seemed to be no. But the more he thought about it, the more certain he was that his attackers had fully intended to kill him -- and there seemed to be ample evidence that this group of women rescued him and the old woman healed him. Thinking for a moment, he rubbed his head before finally speaking up.

"I had... a lot of dreams while I was out," Sebastian began, recalling some of the more horrific ones. "But now that you mention it, they were really lucid. Maybe they were visions, I don't know. A lot of them looked like they were from the past; women burning on stakes, medieval torture devices, inquisitions, that sort of thing. There were also a lot of... I don't know what they were. There were a lot of dreams that I can't really put into words. Demons, beasts, gore, disgusting looking things that I don't even know how to begin describing. A lot of pain and anguish. It was like I was being dragged through the underworld or something. I kept seeing my f-- uh... certain faces. Not sure why, but it felt like I'd known them -- but I've never seen them before to my knowledge and I certainly couldn't tell you their names. What... is this all?"

Lilith still maintained her distance to Sebastian, standing by the door with her arms crossed as Chrystabel explained about doppelgangers and then listened as Sebastian tried to make sense of what she had said in context of what he had experienced.
"Dreams you say," she said after he asked what this all was.
"Visions?"
She uncrossed her arms and took a few steps towards him trying to look as non-threatening as possible but the truth was she had sensed some of what he was talking about back at the funeral home.
Witches burned at the stakes a long time ago and she was curious as to what the connection might be with this guy. In her journal her mum had mentioned witch hunters going all the way back to Salem and beyond. She chose to say nothing more on the subject at that moment. Instead she explained as calmly as she could that not all of the gore and demons he had experienced were dreams or visions.

Perhaps she was breaking some unspoken rule of the coven by telling a non-witch about the outbreak of demonic activity they had been battling over the last two days but it was in her opinion the best way to explain to him what she suspected had happened to him and that it had not been her hurting him but a demon using her appearance.
"Believe me," she finally said and recrossed her arms.
"I wouldn't be caught dead doing what that demon did to you," she added and scoffed as if she had just had to explain how stairs work.
"The question is, do we bring him to the new house, or leave him with the hag?" she asked Chrystabel.
"I think it would be best to let Peggy and Fion talk to him, see just what he knows and why he was at the funeral. You drive."

"I think we should bring her to the new house," Chrystabel said. "Aunt Peggy informed me where is it..."

Chrystabel listened to Sebastian about his bad experience and shook her head, then tears started building up in her eyes as Chrystabel recalled some of her past.

"There are worst things than witches and demons," Chrystabel said. "No one questioned why men burning innocent women in the past. 300 years ago, many women were burned. One of my ancestors had medical training and now allowed to be a doctor because she was a woman and when she saved lives and got noticed, she was called a witch and burned alive. Her daughter was subsequently hunted and burned as well. One of my ancestors managed to run away and returned years later to get closure, and practiced the occult to communicate with her mother."

"Many of us have interest in the occult, and not everyone comes from a purebreed family," Chrystabel said and looked at Lilith. "We have to train hard and bend the rules of physics for our powers."

Chrystabel drove to the new coven. It was at an industrial part of town at the end of the street. Chrystabel brought Sebastian towards the house and saw Peggy by the front door.

"This is my classmate," Chrystabel said. "He was kidnapped and attacked by demons at the funeral."

"So, he needs another potion?" Peggy asked. "I'll settle some of the wards and come over later."

Fion woke up after a nap, feeling slightly better. She walked to the bathroom and gestured a spell to get the unseen servant to make her bed. "I hope everything is cleared..." Fion muttered and quickly freshened up and left her room.

"Stop playing around!" Fion shouted at some of the younger witches. "We need to get the wards and protection up today!"

"Turn off the Nintendo!" Fion shouted at some of the girls in the living room who just unpacked the TV and was testing it. "More unpacking to be done! Do you see those boxes over there? They will not unpack themselves!"

Then a few more phone calls came. "Thanks a lot," Fion said sarcastically. "Showing concern after the problem is settled is much appreciated. Yes, we received your thoughts and prayers too."

As Fion went out to check on the progress, she saw Chrystabel and Lilith. "Bringing a guy over?" Fion said and rolled her eyes. "We are not set up yet!"

Sebastian’s entire life felt like it was on rails at this point. There was not a damn thing that felt like he had some say in. When Lilith said that she wouldn’t do the things that were done to them, he nodded awkwardly and then grew quiet, listening to the others.

They talked about him like he wasn’t even there for awhile. After the trauma of everything that had transpired, it left a sour taste in his mouth. When Chrystabel spoke though, it seemed to be much more to him and put the visions he had into perspective. It also made him feel even more uncomfortable to consider that what he had saw was real. Still she gave as much of an explanation for things as he could expect he supposed.

The car ride over gave him some time to think and he mostly stayed quiet. When they arrived, he seemed to be referred to but not directly engage with. For now, he let that be since he was still trying to condense a lot of trauma.

"Yes we brought a guy over," Lilith said and while Chrystabel talked to Peggy about Sebastian's further treatment she asked the older witch if they could have a word in private about him.
They went outside so Lilith could have a smoke while they talked and having lit her cigarette Lilith looked at Fion.
"He was at the funeral and I strongly suspect that the demon not only used him as a decoy for her escape but also took him with her."
She then explained how and where and in what state she and Chrystabel had found him. She also vented a bit about the thought that a demon in her form had caused the guy that much harm.
"There's more though," she said after a few drags of silence.
"Back at the funeral home when I tackled him to save his sorry ass I felt something else. You might call it a vision I suppose. I saw witches burning when I touched him. I can't be sure of course but I think you really should talk to him, interrogate him even. He might not be a hunter himself but certainly related to one, by blood."
She finished her cigarette and having crushed it against the ground picked up the butt and dropped it into her shirt pocket.
"I can perhaps help you out or if there's anything else you need me to do."
She was well aware that as when was not officially part of the coven the other witches might not want her included in setting up their new house.

Chrystabel brought Sebastian to a new guest room and Peggy requested that she help with unpacking and the rituals. Chrystabel frowned as it was a tiring and boring task, but Sebastian still looked confused and had to deal with a lot in his head.

"Don't worry, you will be safe here," Chrystabel said. "We are all dealing with what happened, and here are some books over there that we usually share with guests."

There was a small library containing books on witches and the Salem Witch Trails, these are all mainly facts, nothing about the occult, but written in a neutral perspective.

"We are forced to move here, so repacking and doing some moving in now," Chrystabel said. "Just stay here, I'll be back later."

The house was a large mansion with many females in the house, they were all dressed in black and oddly goth in a way, every furniture in the house seemed to be old, not valuable, but have some form of history.

Fion looked a little concerned. "Visions... you say."

"Well, currently there are a lot of things to settle," Fion said. "You know the situation with the police still needs to be addressed. Hunters may come to hunt as the situation got national attention."

Fion was a little worried. The last time she met a witch with the gift of vision and great powers, she was a pureblood witch with an ancestral like of demon blood. She channeled a little too much aggression and power into a fight and she went into a frenzy and many were killed.

"I think I may need you to find out more about the man and why he was targeted," Fion said. "You may have some form of connection already and it may be hard for others to connect. I don't have such ability and Peggy can speak with the dead and spirits. Do you have time to help with this? It will take us another 2 days before we can settle the move, and then you need to attend some classes for you to explore and control your power better."

The phone rang and one of the younger witches came and called for Fion.

"I'll handle this if you can't get any more information," Fion said. "Meanwhile, I'll have to take a call."

This whole situation was beyond Sebastian's ability to process. If these women had just told him they were witches combating some kind of demon, he'd have thought they were crazy people and headed for the hills. Well, he still wasn't sure that they weren't crazy people. What he did know though was that there was more to this than just some delusional fantasy world. He had experienced things that were impossible to ignore, and as of now, these were the only people he could gather information from. And really, who else would he talk to about this? Anyone from school would think he'd lost his mind, and his father...

Sebastian shuddered to think what his father would say about it. In fact, how was he even going to explain his disappearance or... really anything? He supposed he could just say nothing; his dad might not even realize he was gone. In the meantime though, he had to figure out more about what was going on. Every fiber of his being just wanted to lay down, curl up in a ball, and pretend none of this ever happened. The trauma of everything was still warping his mind, but the adrenaline in his chest made him adamant about doing something about this. More to the point, he had to know if these people were worth trusting and what he could expect.

"Thank you. I'll hang out here for now," Sebastian responded to Chystabel, not quite sure if he was being truthful when he said that.

In the meantime, he eyed up the bookshelves and when Chrystabel was gone, he made a mad dash over to begin scanning the titles. It was certainly nothing like any library he'd ever seen, but he supposed that was probably useful to the current predicament. As far as he knew, he had nothing but time for now, so he began to pull out various books that were of interest. Some on history, others on arcane theory; potions, runes, treatises, grimoires, you name it. He wouldn't be able to read them all cover to cover, but he could scan them enough to get an idea of what he was dealing with.

"Find anything interesting there Sebastian," Lilith asked as she returned to the room where she had left Chrystabel with the guy they had rescued and crossed her arms over her chest with a crooked smile on her face.
She had agreed to Fion's suggestion that she was perhaps best suited for extracting information from him, due to the connection she seemed to have with him. It was after all her he had called out to with a vision of his earlier predicament, not that he had done so consciously of course but it was the most plausible explanation that his subconscious had reached out to the spirit that was the natural owner of the form that had abused him. Hopefully Chrystabel had explained to him that the look a like who had caused him pain and left him alive to suffer from her demonic residue was not the same Lilith who had come to his aid and brought him back to the coven.

She acted like she belonged in the coven and took a few steps towards him, making sure to close the door behind her and positioning herself in such a way that he would have to move around or through her to get to it.
"If I were you I'd start with anything relating to the atrocities committed in Salem," she said just to judge his reaction as she kept moving towards him.
"But perhaps we should talk before you immerse yourself in such dark history. Fion has asked me to debrief you on what you saw at the funeral home and what if anything you remember about what happened to you afterwards."
She was now close enough to reach out and touch him but she kept her arms crossed and instead of moving closer she leaned up against a heavy dark oak table.
"Let's start with you full name and just how you came to be at the funeral, shall we?"

Unpacking can be quite tiring and emotional. There are many things that brought up memories of the old building and bad memories of childhood as some of these witches are from broken families or orphans, discovered by the coven. Then everyone had to contribute to the wards cast to protect the building and it was draining as well.

Chrystabel wanted to check on Sebastian or Lilith but by the end of the day, she was spent and after washing up, she wanted to take a nap first but once her head touched the pillow, she started snoring.

Everyone was sort of tired and it was day one of the move. Most of the furniture was in, but there was a lot more in terms of the protection and wards needed. Some of the rooms needed cleaning and painting as well, but it was not too bad as magic will be used.

Fion had a meeting with the other senior witches in the coven. "So, for the Lilith girl, can we keep her?" Fion asked. "I can probably get her to take lessons, although she may think that she already knows everything."

"Do you know her background?" An older lady in the coven asked. "If she received her powers from some demon and the demon is back to claim, she will bring trouble to all of us, since she is so powerful, she must have a powerful patron."

"She's shown willingness to help our coven, and would put herself at risk doing so," Fion said. "Yes, she does have visions and she has powers from an unknown source."

"How do you know she's not lying," The lady said. "your ill-disciplined girls with the summons already caused so many problems, and can you handle one more powerful witch?"

"She helped us..." Fion said.

"This witch is on you," The lady said. "If she messes up, you have to go as well, we may be merging with another coven in Revere."

Fion exhaled and was disappointed. Covens are very political when it comes to the senior position and Fion wanted nothing to do with it.

As Sebastian was poking around in whatever he could find, he was jarred by a voice asking him what he was doing. In his quiet curiosity, he hadn't even noticed Lilith entering the room and it startled him, prompting him to glance up at her. When he saw who it was, the expression on his face soured as he wrestled with the cognitive dissonance of being face-to-face with the face of his attacker but also the alleged alibi that they were dealing with doppelgangers.

"Not yet," he responded in a quiet and defensive tone. "I just started looking."

She suggested Salem as a place to start and he supposed he understood why since it was one of the most famous events involving witches in the history of the country. Still, it seemed like an unusual place to start given the things he was the most curious about. Either way though, Lilith seemed to move beyond that and he couldn't help but feel like he was being interrogated. As she closed the distance between them, Sebastian couldn't help but lean away from her, subconsciously trying to keep as much distance as possible.

"Seems like you all already know my name, and it wouldn't take much to find out my full name. My name's Sebastian Cromwell. I was at the funeral because I went to school with the girl who died. Didn't know her though. Not much more to it than that," he remarked, finding it hard to be so close to her.

Cromwell ... the name jogged something in the back of Lilith's mind. Something she had read in her mother's journal. Something directly related to Salem. It also fit with the vision she had gotten from him when she tackled him back at the funeral home. Fion would probably know if it meant anything, or Peggy.
"Cromwell you say," Lilith said and just to make the poor guy even more nervous and perhaps more willing to talk she followed him, cutting off every possible escape route and staying close to him until she had basically backed him into a corner from which the only escape would be to climb out a window.
"And you're just a concerned school mate of the dead girl?"
She now stood close enough to him that he would feel her breath on his face, maybe even her breasts against his chest had she not had her arms crossed over them.
"Not much more to it than that you say," she added in a very sceptical voice putting emphasis on the word much because that was an indication that the was more to it even if it wasn't much.

"Sit," she told him and took a few steps back to give him room to breathe before he went into a full scale panic attack.
"What else is there?" she asked and pointed out to him that his choice of words suggested there was more to it, however little more it was.
"Did you have a crush on her?" she added giving him a way out of an almost impossible question with a lie she could catch him in.

Normally she didn't smoke in doors and she was unsure what the coven's policy on it was but she took out a cigarette and lit it, possibly more for show than anything else. It would give her something to keep her hands busy while judging the honesty of his answer. She also figured it might be a good way to make him uncomfortable to blow smoke in his direction.
"I'm waiting ..."

Many of the girls in the coven did not take well to the move. It was further away from the city in a more industrial part of town, making it harder to get anywhere if you don't drive. Chrystabel finished her duty to unpack and cast some wards and met her group who were still sad as they kept bits of the dead girl's belongings.

Chrystabel wanted to go check on Lilith and Sebastian but she was distracted and tired. There was a lot of healing to be done and Chrystabel washed up and wanted to take a nap but quickly fell asleep.

Fion tried to re-establish her contact with the police by calling some of the contacts and realized that there were many police officers killed in the massacre. She drove out and met a few of her state police contacts and got a few names of the new people in charge of operations. Then she went to the Chelsea police station to meet the police captain. With a quick disguise spell, she had no problems walking into the police station and searching till she found the captain's office.

"Who are you?" The pudgy man with short white hair asked as Fion approached him. "I'm a good ally..."

"Tell me about the strangest cases your station encountered..." Fion asked and did a charm spell on the man and the captain shared some of the murders they investigated and 20 of his men getting attacked by 'men high on drugs' who are resistant to firearms.

"Well, if there are strange cases which you cannot settle, here's my number," Fion said and kissed the man and exited the room. She walked down the stairwell and heard muffled moans and muttered a quick invisibility spell and approached. She saw 4 cops on the ground and a lady uncuffing herself. "Demon again?" Fion muttered and spotted an alarm button and pressed it. There were flashing red lights and the lady looked shocked and waited in ambush as 2 cops entered the room and she choked a cop and kicked the other in the head.

"The police are not doing so well," Fion said and saw a fat sergeant entering and getting grabbed and choked. 3 more cops entered and saw the lady choking the sergeant and she rammed a few fists into the sergeant and engaged the cops. A large cop tackled her and she was on her back and the others simply surrounded her and stomped on her.

"That is brutal..." Fion muttered and it seemed that the lady was not a demon and was knocked out. As the cops dragged her away, she walked up to the fat sergeant and muttered a charm spell, and kissed him. "Fuck that bitch... Who is she by the way?"

"We picked her up as she broke the curfew and she was carrying a lot of different weapons," The sergeant said.

"Interesting, can I see them?" Fion asked in a sweet voice.

Fion saw the weapons and it seemed like she was a hunter with equipment that could kill various supernatural creatures. "This is not good, a hunter in Chelsea is too close to home."

Fion continued her trip to meet other new police commanders to establish a relationship and got a few names and numbers. She returned to the funeral parlour and met some other witches from the other covens who arrived and were investigating as well. "Sorry for your loss," One of the other witches said.

"Yeah, we did not expect the demon to get out of hand so fast," Fion said.

"Shit happens," The lady said. "Some of them are very resourceful and hard to get rid of."

"Tell me about it," Fion said. "Thanks for coming... We had to move and now, the hunters are here."

"Not surprised, the massacre is national news," The lady said. "I'm from Connecticut and the massacre also stirred up some paranormal activities there, this thing is big."

"Sorry about the trouble," Fion said.

"Our scryer researched on the event, and we do not think it is entirely your fault," The lady said. "Some new leylines are forming up in Salem again and there are a lot of strange energies there, we just wanted to make sure that it was not from this place where the news reported the massacre, you know, demons and other nefarious creatures get attracted to these places."

"Ok, thanks, will look into Salem too." Fion said.

Back
Top Bottom