Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Witches are bitches (modern day)

mappy

Supernova
The Year is 1984. Karma Chamelon is on the radio and the blood stained incandescent bulb on the walls are flickering. On the TV, the Celtics was playing Lakers on Game 7 in the NBA finals. There were still some burger patties grilling but the whole diner was a mess. What started with a more advanced summoning spell quickly spiraled out of control as Jennifer, one of the young witches lost her concentration and the summon Demon Ezrorath possessed her and she started going to town for a massacre.

Chrystabel sat on the ground, clearly shaken as she witnessed her friend Jennifer ripping the patrons in the diner apart and stabbing the remaining staff with the kitchen knife. Chrystabel and her other friends were shocked as Jennifer started charging towards them and her eyes were completely black and Jennifer still has chunks of flesh in her mouth as she smiled at the group of witches. Jennifer had a Cheshire cat grin showing her sharp teeth and the kitchen knife slowly melded into her hand and her arms lengthened and her body convulsed into a twisted form as her skin darkens with a hellish grey tint.

Jennifer charged towards the group and one of the girls casted a warding spell and it repelled Jennifer hard, pushing her through the window and she smashed through the glass and ran off into the night. Chrystabel was following her friend as she acted strangely after the summon, and did not expect something like this to happen. "What the fuck..." Chrystabel shouted. "We did not finish the spell... Was that... Ezrorath?"

Everyone saw Jennifer ran down the street but no one decided to continue the chase. It was beyond them now.

It was the twelfth day of June 1984, eleven days after her seventeenth birthday and Lilith was dancing down the street with a cigarette between her lips, bobbing her head to The Sisters of Mercy's Temple of Love, blasting from the headphones to the Walkman she had lifted off the shelf for her birthday. She was on the run from the orphanage again and this time she had no intention of going back to the orphanage run by Ms Patel and her so-called close friend Ms Barrington. Friends indeed. Lilith had seen them and knew just what they were. They were just like her, no interest in boys whatsoever, but of course they had to pretend to be friends and business partners or the state would have revoked their license to operate an orphanage. She took a few more dance steps, did a pirouette with her arms out at a forty five degree angle from her body. That caused her green and black chequered plaid shirt to fly around her, along with her red hair. Other than that she was wearing a simple pair of jeans and black Converse.

She then stopped suddenly, stopped the tape, took off the headphones and put them into her black canvas bag along with the Walkman. She was close to the diner she had seen in her vision the night before, the one with blood on the walls and people screaming from fear and pain at the top of their lungs as they were being eaten. It was not that part of the vision that had drawn her there though. It was what would be happening outside in just a few seconds. She hid in the shadows across the street from Deb's Diner and waited. Three, two, one, Lilith dropped the cigarette butt on the ground and crushed it under her foot just as a girl, some years older than herself with hellish grey skin, came flying through the window, surrounded by shattering glass. Her arms and even her legs were unnaturally long and after having tumbled backwards the girl got up and started to run away from the diner, towards the town center. Right towards Lilith who was prepared and using her telekinetic power slung a trash can at the demon-possessed girl. When that didn't stop her she picked up a bicycle parked in the alley, let it hover freely for a second before hurling it right at the possessed girl's knees which did cause her to stumble. It also brought her attention towards Lilith who held her arms out and jumped off the ground and hung there, seemingly without much effort as she began hurling every conceivable loose object in the alley at the possessed girl, eventually bringing her to her knees with a roar that must have awakened the entire block.

Last edited:
Fion was driving down the street in her black Porsche 944 and saw a demon-possessed girl crashed through a diner window and ran off. Fion was furious as she stepped out of the car. Revealing her long legs and black stiletto heels, Fion walked to the diner in her mini skirt, and her eyes narrowed as she saw the massacre. She looked at the young witches and glared at them.

"What a mess!" Fion shouted. "There will be some explaining to do..." Before Fion could finish her sentence, she saw police cars arriving and looked at the nervous young ladies. "The only thing you have to fear here -- is me!"

Fion walked out to the policemen who came out of the police car and gestured at the 2 fat cops and they stopped moving. She walked to an older cop with a detective and gestured at the older cop and he stood there motionless. "What the..." The detective muttered and suddenly felt pressure on his throat and could not breathe. There was an invisible force pressing on his throat and he was lifted off the ground.

"There is nothing much to investigate here detective," Fion said. "Bad things will happen if you continue to investigate this, close this case as soon as possible, do you understand?"

Fion stared at the detective who was slowly turning blue and struggling for air. "Nod if you understand." Fion said and the detective nodded. The pressure from his throat was suddenly released and he could taste blood in his mouth. The detective looked away from Fion and the other cops started moving and they entered the diner and saw the massacre.

When the possessed girl went down after having taken a full trash can to the face Lilith slowly lowered herself down to the ground again and looked at the misshapen creature before her. It was clear that nothing had truly been solved but at least the demon had been stopped, temporarily. To fully release the girl from possession would take spells beyond her abilities. Perhaps the older woman who had arrived shortly before the cops could be helpful with that. She seemed to be on top of the situation. First she would need some way to restrain the girl though. The ladder from the fire escapes on the surrounding buildings might make for a decent cage.

When that was done she lit another cigarette and walked out onto the street, nodded at the older woman who looked like she was about to start tearing the other girls an entirely new one.
"I think the girl you're really looking for is out cold in that alley over there," she said and shoved her hands into her pockets, looking over at the girls she had seen in her vision, the ones that were responsible for the sloppy summoning spell.
"She might need a bit of exorcism, and possibly medical care as well."

Chrystabel stood there and suddenly saw Fion. Her face turned pale and chills ran down her spine. Then there was flashing blue and red lights. One of the girls with Chrystabel muttered, "Oh shit..." And fortunately for the girls, Fion decided to deal with the police first.

The girls ran out and quickly ducked into an alley as more police cars arrived. "What... what have we done?" One of the girls muttered. "The people at the diner were murdered, is Jennifer ok? Are the police looking for us? Should we..."

Chrystabel grabbed the girl and covered her mouth, she seemed to have lost it. Chrystabel could see a man with a flashlight entering the alley to check and quickly got her friend to be quiet. As the footsteps got closer, Chrystabel came out from her hiding place and muttered a spell. She saw the motorcycle cops looked at her briefly and collapsed on the ground.

"Run." Chrystabel said. "Let's go far away from here."

========================================================================

The detective and the cops entered the diner and called it in. The detective looked around and saw some bloody handprints and footprints, which meant that there were others in the diner who were not killed. When more cops came, he simply took more photos and took some of the vital evidence.

"What the fuck is this?" The police captain muttered. "Get more men and searched the area for other clues, and make sure the reporters to come close until we have this cleaned up."

Fion saw Lilith with a cigarette and walked over. She spotted the possessed girl Jennifer on the ground. She gave a smirk and shook her head. "The coven is as strong as the weakest link, and these young ones are really weak," Fion muttered. "Thanks."

Fion checked on Jennifer and her body seems twisted and the possession had already reached the next phase. As Fion was gesturing a spell the body floated up in the air and the iron bounded around her body was absorbed into the body. The arms were twisted and the skin darkened into a hellish black color. The demonic face appeared and the girl opened her eyes as her human features disappeared.

"Her will was broken," Fion said and released her spell, and bolts of energy flew towards the demon. "Release her!"

The demon stood up and leathery wings formed and sharp talons grew on her hands and legs. "THE GIRL IS GONE."

The bolts of energy that pierced the demon were shattered and the demon rushed at Fion with murderous intent but hit a magical barrier and the demon turned invisible and rushed off. Fion released another spell and glittering dust filled the air and she spotted the demon leaving the alley towards the street.

"Ezrorath, that is a full demon, and it is not bounded," Fion said and looked at Lilith. "This is going to be troublesome for all of us."

Lilith had taken a few steps back as the older woman approached the girl, or rather the demon because it was becoming quite clear the girl had been completely absorbed by it, and stood watching the final stages of the transformation. She saw the demon attack and be repelled by an invisible barrier. The woman must be quite powerful to be able to repel a full demon like that but she was also quite right when she said that it was going to be troublesome. Blood thirsty demons running around freely in a small town usually were, or so Lilith assumed at least. She had no prior experience about such things and a small part of her had no desire to change that. Another much larger part of her wanted to just steal a patrol car and go after the creature.
"Ezrorath?" she asked the woman.
It was not a name she was familiar with. There had not been much about demonology as such in the journal she had received in a parcel from her dead mother six years ago, along with a letter to let her know she was a witch and apparently came from a long line of witches going right back into the time of legends.

At first Lilith had simply shook her head when she read the letter and rolled her eyes at the seemingly insane claims and rants of the letter and the journal. She had been told repeatedly that her mother had been institutionalised at a locked mental facility and considered to be a danger to herself and to her daughter. Lilith herself had no memories of her mother but the files Ms Patel had kept on her claimed that she had no other living family than her crazy mother which was how she ended up in the foster care system.

"I'm Lilith," she said to the woman after a few moments of hesitation and a few drags on her cigarette.
"Anything I can do to help?"

Fion looked at the lady taking a smoke. "You look much stronger than the young witches I have who can't even do a summoning circle right," Lilith said. " Ezrorath is a major demon that will bring chaos and mayhem."

Fion rolled her eyes as she saw more police cars arriving. "The humans are not going to be much help against such a thing, it can possess and can be invisible, not sure how to send it back to hell."

Fion avoided the cops and walked away. "Maybe you can try to kill it next time you see it... My name is Fion, let's just hope this thing does not summon more friends."

"Note to self. Try to kill demon on next encounter, Got it," Lilith said and nodded.
The one major question that was unclear was how, drop a bus on its head?
"And what about the other witches then?" she asked and walked around the car in which Fion had arrived with her hands still in her back pockets as if inspecting it.
She didn't seem to be in much of a hurry to do anything but she was curious as to why her vision of the events at Deb's diner had nit shown this woman arriving to ... what ... clean up, threaten the police into coming up with some cover story, punish the witches responsible.

Having made a full orbit around the Porsche she stopped in front of the woman and hesitated for a few seconds.
"That I seem stronger than your proteges. Now I'm not entirely sure of course but perhaps my bloodline is simply stronger than theirs."
She shifted her feet and moved her hands from her back pockets to the front pockets, trying to decide if she was going to tell this woman what her mum had mentioned in the journal, about her heritage. Then again the cat was sort of out of the proverbial bag already.
"Like I said I'm not entirely sure about any of it because all I have is a journal my mum sent me for my eleventh birthday, and a letter to go along with it, explaining that I'm a witch."
She made a pensive face and then look the woman in the eyes.
"Anyhow, according to my mum's journal I am a distant descendant of Morgan LeFay and Myrrdin Wylt, a.k.a Merlin but the the DCF as well as the court also said my mum was crazy so I dunno."

Chrystabel ran off with the girls and hailed a cab to go back to the coven. "Oh, shit.. Fion... What will she do to us?" Chrystabel muttered.

"Shit, shit... they are all dead." The other girl muttered as she rocked back and fourth in the seat. When they reached the house, Chrystabel went into the library and did more research on what went wrong while the other girls went back to their room. "It was just a simple summon spell!"

========================================================================

The police were interviewing people but no one seemed to have seen what happened. The officers spread out to search the alleys as there may be clues on what killed the people, may be some kind of best, but definitely something big and must be stopped. However, no one knew what they were looking for.

The police found the motorcycle cops sleeping in the alley and more backup were called and they continued to search the alley. The police were on high alert but they still could not find the killer.

=========================================================================

As the commotion died down, 2 cops remained at the diner as the others returned to the police station. One of the cops went to the toilet and Ezrorath appeared in front of the remaining cop and grabbed him. The cop was shocked and easily choked unconscious and Ezrorath forced itself into the body.

"Hey Jack... Are you ok?" The other cop returned and shook the cop on the ground and the cop opened his eyes and it was pure black. The cop's neck was grabbed and snapped with ease. "Nice... But I don't like blue."

The possessed cop walked down the street and saw a lady exiting the taxi and walking to her apartment. The cop followed her into the lobby and covered her mouth. The lady gave off muffled moans as she was carried to the basement where the cop choked her out and Ezrorath exited the cop and possessed the lady. "Ah... much better." Ezrorath muttered and looked at her purse. "Oh, just upstairs." Ezrorath muttered and went to the apartment.

When the whole area began flooding with cops Lilith had hid in the shadows and floated to the rooftop of the building opposite the carnage in the diner and sat down watching and thinking. She had no desire to get caught up in their investigation, as brief as that might be after Fion's little threat, neither as a witness or as a suspect, and she certainly had no desire to be brought back to the orphanage. She lit another cigarette and smoked it, slowly, while taking stock of the evenings events. Those careless witches who had caused the trouble were probably part of a coven of some sort and Fion some kind of enforcer cleaning up after them when things went badly.

She took out her mother's journal from the bag around her shoulder and opened it to the last page. There was an address and a name: Jemima Frupp; 22 Chestnut Lane. It could be where the coven congregated and Jemima Frupp might be their high priestess, or maybe she was when the journal was written. The address and name was the reason Lilith was in town. She was seeking guidance and also more information on her family but then she had gotten caught up in fighting a demon possessing a young girl, presumably a witch. Things were stating to take an interesting turn.

Crushing the cigarette against the concrete she walked to the other end of the roof, descended into a different alley from the one where she had fought Ezrorath, stepped where she found an ATM. She placed her left hand on the keypad and her right on the card slot, closed her eyes and tried to think of a reasonable sum of money. Seconds later the machine began whirring and almost spat out eight crisp Ben Franklins. She took them and then hailed the first cab she saw and gave the driver the address from her mother's journal. Unless the witches responsible for the unfinished summoning were renegades that's where she expected to find them, hopefully along with the answers to a few of her questions.

Fion was pissed, not because the young witches botched a spell -- but because they did not even try to fix their problems or get help when they cannot manage. "These young witches are mentally weak, and how can they manage more powerful spells?" Fion muttered and did a quick drive by to look for the demon and went back.

She went to the girls' room and the girls looked in fear as she stared at them. "I'm quite disappointed at you." Fion said and gestures at the 2 ladies as they suddenly felt a force pulling at their limbs spreading them out. "There are lots of spells that can dismember you, many others that can do worse things, and you all have the right blood in you to do great things, but you lack the focus and grit. The demon can feed on your fear and you can easily defeat it, yet you fear the cops because some humans died."

The ladies screamed in pain as their limbs were about to be dislocated and suddenly they dropped to the ground all stretched out and in pain. The radio turned on.
Once upon a time I was falling in love
But now I'm only falling apart
Nothing I can say
A total eclipse of the heart

"I won't let your screams spoil this song. Tidy up your shit and make sure you don't fuck it up next time." Fion said. "Your shit just endangered everyone."

Fion walked to the library to do some research and saw Chrystabel looking through some books. She was a little impressed that it seemed that this one was trying to look for solutions. "You just escaped some punishment, I give you a week to hunt down Ezrorath, you are part of the group that summoned it, and it is a demon, and its nature is to cause chaos and destruction, and will come for you."

Fion's familiar appeared beside her and whispered in her ears. Fion did some divination rituals and looked a little worried. "This is bad." Fion muttered. "Perhaps I need to get everyone and that Lilith to help out. Ezrorath will gaining strength and getting more powerful, and it needs to be sent back."

Lilith had climbed into the back seat of the cab and as a signal to the driver that she was not interested in small talk she had put the headphones on and pressed play on her Walkman which for the next half hour filled her head with The Cure's Charlotte Sometimes, The Psychedelic Furs' Love My Way, Siouxie and the Banshees' Fireworks, Cocteau Twins' Peppermint Pig which was about to end just as Lilith arrived outside 22 Chestnut Lane to the . It was a white three storey wooden house from the turn of the century not far from the edges of the city. Lilith got out and paid the cab driver, even tipping him rather generously. As he drove off she stopped the tap, took of her headphones and stuck them all into her bag, lit a cigarette and looked around, taking in the surroundings as well as the house. She noticed Fion's Porsche parked outside which confirmed what she had thought. This was the coven's house and it certainly looked the part. She stood there watching it for the full length of the cigarette before she walked up the steps to the porch that went all around the house and rang the door bell.

Chrystabel was reading up more about summoning spells and Ezrorath when Fion came and gave her a shock of her life. Chrystabel's face went pale and her body tensed up so much that she was not even able to reply Fion and was expected to be tossed around, but luckily she was in the library where such magic is forbidden.

"I give you a week to hunt down Ezrorath, you are part of the group that summoned it, and it is a demon, and its nature is to cause chaos and destruction, and will come for you."

Chrystabel nodded and quickly read more about the summon spell they did. In an old tome on the summoning rituals they did, Chrystabel read about the link between summons and their summoner and she could prepare a ritual to view through the eyes of the summoned. After gathering the girls who looked physically shaken and meeting the others elders to consult them, they gathered the components which included various eyeballs and herbs, pounded and then injested as they performed the spell.

==================================================================

Ezrorath was in another apartment fucking a young man with a great body. As he ejaculated, Ezrorath kissed him and inserted a demon spawn into his body and went away to take a bath. There were 3 other bodies in the bathroom as Ezrorath cleaned herself and she felt something wrong as through she was watched.

Ezrorath closed her eyes and breathed in deeply. "Ah, I can feel you now..." Ezrorath said and left the bathroom. She went to the next door where she heard screams and the naked man with a great body left the door opened and she entered and saw a middle aged couple. "Don't worry... it will be over soon."

Chrystabel saw Ezrorath overpowering the man and another naked man began kissing forcefully at the lady. She felt the connection and could feel the intense hatred and anger in the demon. Chrystabel could feel and see what Ezrorath was doing but could not hear anything. Ezrorath bit the throat of the man she fucked and ripped out his throat and drank the blood. One of the ladies lost her concentration and the ritual ended.

"Ezrorath has allies and there is a naked man raping others with it... Ezrorath is now in a female body..." Chrystabel said. "In some form of apartment."

2 cops arrived at the apartment and a beautiful lady opened the door. She had some red stains on her throat. "Ma'am, is everything ok? We have complains about screams, and need to verify everything is ok." The short plump cop said.

"Sure, come on in," The lady said. "Everything is just fine."

The lady ushered the cops in and closed the door behind them as they entered the house and saw a naked man with a great body. The lady placed her arms around the cops and sniffed them. "The screams were just us... having sex."

The doorbell rang and a plump cheerful-looking middle-aged lady opened the door and Fion came along and saw Lilith outside. Fion narrowed her eyes as she saw Lilith. Did the girl follow her back? Fion kept calm and decided to keep it friendly as she may need her help.

"Oh, it's you again," Fion said. "Lilith right?" She stepped out and closed the door, to prevent anything in the house from leaving and other invisible or creatures to go in. Fion seemed extra cautious as she felt something was not right.

"Ezrorath may be a bigger problem than expected, I was just planning to look for you," Fion said and saw a police cruiser drive by and the passenger suddenly pointed his gun and started firing at them. "What the hell?" Fion grabbed Lilith and ducked aside as the police seemed to have just done a drive-by shooting and stopped their car.

Lilith fidgeted with the copper witch's knot hanging in a simple leather necklace around her neck as she waited for the door to open which was the only other thing, except for the journal, her mother had left her. Then as the door was opened and a short, round lady, seemingly in her late forties, or as she appeared to Lilith, ancient, she smiled her friendliest smile.
"Jemima Frupp?" she asked and was just about to start explaining why she was there when Fion appeared inside.
Their eyes met and Fion seemed somewhat suspicious at the sight of Lilith who waved and extended her smile at the impressive woman from Deb's Diner. She nodded as Fion spoke her name quizzically and since it seemed the first interview, or test, or whatever was needed for her to gain entrance to the house and thus access to the coven was to take place outside Lilith lit another cigarette as she leaned up against one of the columns holding up the roof around the porch.

She tried her best not to look too nonchalant but at the same time she didn't want to seem too eager to gain access either. So the demon she had fought in that alley was, unsurprisingly, not content with laying low and licking its wounds. Lilith didn't know much about summoning spells or demonic possession but she figured that Fion was talking about Ezrorath coming for one or all of the witches that had summoned i, probably to kill them in much the same way it had killed the people at the diner.

No more had she concluded that thought than a patrol car came down the street and as it passed the house someone inside opened fire at them. She felt Fion grab her and pull her down but there wasn't much to hide behind except to stay as flat against the wooden floor as possible. What the hell was this. Demon's didn't do drive by shootings. Did they? She heard tires screeching and looked up to see the police car having stopped outside the neighbouring house and for a long time nothing happened.
"Inside?" she asked Fion since that seemed the most logical course of action.
"Or stay and fight?"
Having seen what Fion had done to the cops on the scene of Ezrorath's first appearance she didn't find it entirely unlikely that the two of them could handle the situation. She had in fact already focused her mind on the black and white car, readying herself to lift it and throw it.

Chrystabel found out where Ezrorath was and was rather excited. As she went to look for Fion, she heard gunshots outside. Her first reaction was to dodge, but she was very curious what was happening.

"Ezrorath is creating more minions!" Chrystabel said. "We need to find him now!"

Chrystabel went round the compound to look for Fion but could not find her. Could she be outside?

The 2 cops walked back to their police car and saw another car arriving. 2 plump cops exited the car and saw 2 cops approaching with 2 beautiful ladies behind them. "All clear?" A plump cop asked and the cops seemed emotionless and walked up to them. "Everything's fine."

The ladies walked up to the plump cops and hugged them. Ezrorath stared into the eyes of the cop she hugged and said, "I need a favor, you need to go take out some cop killers." The other plump cop was confused. He tried to struggle as she lady started to kiss him. Ezrorath simply walked over and grabbed his head and snapped his neck, then tossed him into the trunk of the police car.

"Serial cop killers are targeting cops," Ezrorath said. "Go have you vengeance for your friends."

"Or stay and fight?"

Fion looked at Lilith and said, "No one comes to my house and shit on me..." There was rage in her eyes as she chanted a spell. An image of Fion and Lilith appeared to be running towards the police car as the cops emptied their guns at it. To the cops, the illusion of the ladies was real and they started seeing things differently as they gunned down the ladies, the ladies kept coming at them and they had to reload and continued fire, but this time, the images moved in such a way that the cops shot each other.

"I'm sorry that you are caught in the middle of this," Fion said. "Are you okay?"

Fion walked over and saw the cops on the ground as they shot each other in their vests. She checked on a moaning cop and saw abrasions on his neck. She muttered another spell, cut her finger scribbled some symbol on the cop's head and the blood glowed and penetrated into the skin. She went to the other cop and did the same thing and waited and dark wisps of smoke exited the cops' mouth.

"They were already dead when these shadows are implanted in them," Fion said. "I'm afraid there might be more."

And she was right, a few more headlights approach as 2 cars with armed men sped towards her.

As the images of them Fion conjured up charged the police car and the two cops emptied their guns at them Lilith focused and backed the car over the confused cops at high speed, sending one of the cops diving onto the sidewalk while trying to hit the mirror images but only hitting the other as he ducked onto the street while returning fire but only hitting the car. She then managed to rotate the car, hitting both cops again before sending it speeding away about half a block where it hit a lamp post. It was taking quite a lot of effort, especially after having fought Ezrorath just over an hour ago, and she realised that she would have a splitting headache by the end of the day, as she usually did after having stretched her powers to their limit, or at least as far as she could.

"I'm fine," Lilith said and stood up as Fion did.
She then followed the older witch to check on the cops. She watched the ritual Fion performed to exorcise whatever it was that had possessed them.
"So this is all Ezrorath's doing then?"

She had barely asked the question before two more cars approached. This time however she was prepared and with a wave of her hand she steered one of the cars into another lamp post and managed to flip the other one over backwards. She then put a hand to her forehead and closed her eyes. This was the most she had used her powers in ... well ... ever. Having had no formal training in how to use her powers she had focused less on the mental strength to use them regularly for things other than shoplifting and stealing from ATMs. That was one reason she had sought out this coven, and probably the exact reason her mother had added the address to the last page of the journal.

She sat down on the curb with her eyes still closed, leaning her head in her hand.
"I'm sorry ..." she said but wasn't exactly sure what she was apologising for.

Chrystabel exited the house and saw a police car steered to the lamppost and another one flipped over. Her body was conflicted as he first reaction was to run, but a part of her wanted to scream. She froze for a moment, not knowing what to do and she saw Fion, and in fear of punishment, she suddenly found the courage to go to Fion to tell her about what she found.

"Ezrorath is killing people and implanting demons inside them." Chrystabel said. "She is in some apartment..." Chrystabel close her eyes and concentrated, "Oh wait... I think she is in a police station!"

Ezrorath saw a plump old cop and approached him. "Ma'am, this is a restricted area..." Ezrorath covered his mouth and pulled him close. The cop was hugged as he flailed helplessly as Ezrorath sucked the breath out of him and he went limp. His eyes opened again and it was all black and Ezrorath said, "Bring me inside." She smiled and the lady and now a man with 2 cops followed her into the police station.

Fion was surprised to see Chrystabel come out, and now, she has one more person to look after, but it seemed that Chrystabel had some information on Ezrorath. As she was distracted, Lilith took care of the 2 cop cars. After that, it looked like Lilith was having a headache.

Fion was not sure what powers Lilith had as it did not look like any spells. "What the hell was that?" Fion muttered. It seemed like Lilith did try hard, but it did not look subtle at all. Lilith walked over to the cop cars to get rid of the shadows again. Lilith was shocked to see gangsters in the police cars instead of cops, and they too were possessed by shadows.

"This Ezrorath works really fast," Fion muttered. "We need to go hunt it down now before we get more surprises."

Chrystabel entered the coven to tell the other witches and approached Chrystabel and Lilith. "We need to go to the police station to take it out, are you okay to go?" Fion was concerned that Chrystabel was not ready and Lilith looked sick, but this was all she could get for now.

Lilith heard another girl come out of the house and began to rummage around blindly in her shoulder bag until she found what she was looking for, a bottle of aspirin. She opened it and took two, waited another few seconds before opening her eyes and looked up at Fion and the girl who had joined them. She looked far too young to be the woman Lilith was waiting for but that didn't mean anything really. This was the right place no matter what. Slowly she stood up and looked around.
"Wouldn't want to be the one to clean up this mess," she said with a smile and managed to focus her eyes on Fion first and then Chrystabel.

"I'll be just fine in a little while," she said and nodded at the older witch.
She then asked for a glass of water and having been shown to the kitchen where she gulped down two big glasses of water she felt much better. The aspirin was doing the trick, even if it might just be temporary. There would be time for a full scale migraine later. For the time being it was more important to stop the demon before it turned the entire town into its minions.

Expecting to return back to the house afterwards Lilith left her bag on a chair in the kitchen and introduced herself to Chrystabel.
"Ok. Let's go hunt some demon ass then shall we," she said and tried her best to sound tougher than she felt.

The plump cheerful-looking middle-aged lady walked over to Chrystabel and gave her a few flasks. She patted Chrystabel's head and nodded. "You can do it." She whispered and walked away. There were a few other witches that gathered and a small team was formed besides the 3 of them -- defending the coven was high priority.

"Hi, I'm Chrystabel," Chrystabel said to Lilith nervously. Chrystabel was a little excited as this seemed to be her first official mission. Everyone else going seemed to be the senior witches. All she used her magic before was to clean her room, help her shoplift or charm some boys she met at the mall.

====================================================================

Ezrorath walked to the cell area and saw 2 old cops she approached the confused cops and walked to the locked gates and the cops approached her. From behind, a large cop and a lady grabbed the old cops and easily overpowered them. "Open the gates." Ezrorath commanded and an old cop nodded and took the bunch of keys and unlocked.

Ezrorath looked into the cell and saw a bruised up Asian man and a few other gangster like people, she closed her eyes and smiled. The old cops were escorted to unlock the cell doors and they were shoved into the cell. "Fuck up these old pigs and you get your freedom," Ezrorath walked over and kissed the Asian man and his wounds were gone, his broken arm seemed to be working again and he smiled. The other gangsters seemed confused and the lady entered the cell and punched a gangster in the throat, grabbed his head and snapped his neck. "Useless bastards, not worth a fuck..."

Fion got a few witches in the coven to perform a short ritual on the group. It was to prevent any of them from getting possessed, there was a tingling sensation after the ritual and the witches doing it seemed to be tired after doing it. "Simple rituals can be tiring," Fion said to the group. "But we have to trust each other, and cannot be possessed."

There were too many of them to go in the Porsche and Fion went to the garage and took the minivan. She does not drive it much as she feels like a soccer mum doing so. There was an unusually big and strong looking lady in the car. Her arms and legs look very muscular and with closer inspection, there seemed to be very fine stitches that held her limbs together. "Athena here will do the heavy lifting," Fion said to Lilith. "She does not do spells."

Before leaving the plump lady approached and gave Fion another flask which she passed to Lilith. "This is an invigorating potion, our master of potions prepared this for you. It took 3 months to brew this, and it tastes a little sour and minty."

Fion was not sure how to get the team to work together. This seemed to be a pretty random group of volunteers, but Ezrorath needs to be stopped. Fion made sure everyone buckled up as she turned on the radio -- 'Like a Virgin... Touched for the very first time' It was Madonna, a catchy new tune that seemed to have made the mood less serious.

It was a short drive and the group reached the police station. Fion looked at Chrystabel and Chrystabel nodded. "Ezrorath is inside, trust no one," Fion said. "We may have to use force on this one."

The group entered the police station and the desk sergeant asked, "How may I help you?"

"You may sleep..." Fion said and gestured a spell and stared at the man with white hair and he went limp on the desk. Fion walked past 2 fat cops in the corridor and Athen grabbed them and slammed their heads on the wall and they slumped to the ground. "We need to get Ezrorath and end this... NOW."

The tingling sensation that spread through her body from the protection ritual almost had Lilith giggling, ut only almost. She did manage to keep a straight face due to the seriousness of the situation. Then as she got into the minivan it was hard not to notice the large muscular lady in the back.
"Hi. I'm Lilith," she said when Fion introduced the lady and tried not to stare at the stitches around her joints. Was this lady ... nah ... it couldn't be. This was the real world and not Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Then again these were witches and she supposed with a bit of skilled needlework and a bit of necromancy it might be possible that this large woman was technically not alive.

She took the flask from Fion and nodded. An invigorating potion was exactly what she needed. The aspirin had taken care of the head ache but she didn't know how much more she had left in her and they were after all on their way to fight a demon, one that Chrystabel had summoned. The potion lived up to every part of Fion's description with regards to taste, it was like drinking toothpaste dissolved in lemon juice. It did exactly what Fion had suggested it would though. Within a minute of having swallowed down the potion Lilith felt like she would never sleep again. She was wide awake and could feel the energy surge through her veins. She was ready to take on whatever they encountered out there, or at least that was how she felt. She even bopped along to the song on the radio.

When they got to the police station she scanned the environments and then she closed her eyes for a few seconds while Fion put the put the elderly cop at the reception desk to sleep.
"Cells!" she said and pointed down a corridor to the left with a set of stairs and nothing else at the end of it.
Then she smiled wryly when she saw how Athena disposed of the two cops who were in their way as if they were little more than rag dolls.
"Do we have a plan?" she asked Fion.

Back
Top Bottom