Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dear Guardian (Duragon and Crimson-Moon)

Lucio's attacker held him closer, grinning as he put his blade against Lucio's neck. If Kim didn't act soon, Lucio might be killed right in front of her. The young prince remained collected, didn't look afraid, just frustrated.

She sighed as she stepped back, "Only cowards use hostages. Real warriors fight without using shields." she said quietly, "Stop hiding behind a Prince and come fight. Or, if you let him go without him being harmed any further, your life will be spared. I really hate killing people." she said seriously as she glared at the man.

The attacker's eyes widened, "Oh, is that so..."

Lucio's head quickly snapped back, headbutting the man right below the nose. The attacker stepped back, releasing Lucio as the prince rolled away, the attacker's nose begining to bleed.

The girl stepped forward slowly though her eyes had hardened as her hands clenched tightly, "You made a mistake in coming here..." she murmured as she grabbed the guy's throat before she kicked him in the side. She dropped the man and turned when she heard more yelling down a near corridor.

Lucio remained kneeling, breathing somewhat heavily as he looked up at her. "Go and help whom you can... I will join you in a minute..." He ordered, his hand moving to touch the back on his head.

She nodded slightly, "Are you okay though?" she asked quietly as she looked at him, she knew that her eyes were betraying her, they were being caring and feminine, it was something that she could not control. She was about to say something more when she heard a growl from a door. She turned and saw a man staring at the lady that Kim had killed. She grabbed her sword and waited to see the man's reactions.

Lucio closed his eyes, apparently shaken up by the headbutt he gave his enemy. "Yes, I'm okay... just get going."

The man screamed, pulling a long sword with jagged edges, or teeth. "Ah! I'll kill you boy!!" He rushed towards Kim, but was obviously far too angry to be effective.

Kim sighed as she quickly held up her sword, "I will once I get rid of this idiot." she said quietly as she quickly went to hit the man's chest, "Your leader was easy to fight. She was sidetracked. She was thinking about how she'd finish off my family once she killed me. She was not paying attention." she told him quietly as her eyes hardened quickly.

The man's chest was cut. Blood splurted from his injury, the wound pounding as the crimson solution painted the walls and anything else in its path. The man looked at Kim with a frown on his face, quickly taken over by a look of fear and pain, as death arrived to take his soul away. His body fell to the ground, limp, lifeless and still. The blood continued to ooze out as the man deflated, Lucio finally getting to his feet and collecting himself after the brutal defeat.

She sighed quietly, "With all due respect sir. I feel that I should stay with you. The other men can care for themselves. They are strong." she said quietly as she stepped away from the body. Blood had stained her armor and her side was killing her. She pulled out a cloth and wiped her blade clean before she put it back and went over to the lady and closed her eyes quietly, "You should leave the castle. It is unsafe for you here..." she murmured, "They are stubborn people. Most will fight even when they are heavily wounded."

Quietly and quickly, she got up and moved over to Lucio, "Your safety is the most important thing to me. I will not let any of them use you as a hostage again. I am sorry for being sidetracked." she apologized as she looked down.

Lucio's hand patted her shoulder as he nodded. "Pay it no mind. I am shaken from the attack I delivered. I need to watch myself sometimes as well. Let us leave this place at once then. We do have a safe ground underneath the castle. Can you make sure we make it there alive?" He smiled at her, starting to move towards this so called safe ground.

She nodded, "I will make sure you make it there alive." she said quietly as she turned to look at him, "We should hurry, more of these idiots should be heading this way to see what has happened to those two." she murmured as she glanced at both of the dead humans on the floor, not one bit of sadness or remorse could be seen in her eyes as she looked at them.

Lucio nodded. "Lets move." He moves past her and begins to walk slightly groggily into the halls. "Did you know those people?" He asked, seeing two men quickly slain by one of his four guards, who then dashed off to kill more.

She followed him quietly and closely not saying a word until she heard the question. "The lady was my cousin. She betrayed my family and murdered them before she left when she met the man that took you hostage. They were engaged." she said quietly as her arm crossed her stomach to try to put pressure on her reopened wound to the chest. It was really starting to get worse.

"I am sorry that your duty has brought you to fight family. I will make sure that their bodies are perserved so we may give them a proper dismissal." He looked back at her, "You're injured... hurry up, we need to get out of here before we encounter anymore foes." He reached for her chest, to check the depth of the wound. It may have exposed her female breasts if he undid her bandages.

She reached out and grabbed his hand that was reaching for her chest, though she did not squeeze it, just stopped it, "I am fine Your Highness. The wound is not that bad and after what she did to my family...I never considered her my cousin and we severed the ties that are in between us." she murmured.

Lucio gave her a suspicious glance, his hand coming back towards his body as he shrugged quietly. "Come on." He continued his way out, eventually brining her to a room with a door below a small rug. He opened it up, and jumped down onto a very dark area where it was rumored to be well hidden and safe. "Come down here."

Skillfully, she avoided the suspicious glance without seeming to be paranoid. Though out of everyone in the castle, she probably would have felt safe if Lucio was the one to find out. Quietly, she followed him down into the dark area and winced when she hit ground again, though she did not complain. Her eyes slowly started to adjust as she headed towards Lucio quietly.

Once the two had reached the underground complex, they discovered the place to be absolutely dark, with little visibility thanks to one of Lucio's glowing brooches. "Okay, Johnathan, are you still with me? Stick closeby and we'll find our way through."

Kim followed Lucio quietly though she had forgotten for a split second about her having to be named Johnathan, "I am right behind you Your Highness." she said quietly as she tried to make out any details in the dark. Her eyes soon gave up as she concentrated on the Prince that was in front of her.

Lucio placed his hand over her shoulder and pulled her very close after a few seconds of groping for direction. "Okay Johnathan, you're going to see something I've only shown one other person. So please be very quiet about this." He instructed, opening his palm. "Fuego..." A small flame hovered over his palm. Though small, the light was enough to look around a bit and see the clearest way out. Slowly the flame began to grow until about the size of an orange. "Don't be afraid... and come with me."

Magical use was fabled at the time. There were stories of mages and witches and such, but no one ever had hardcore, solid proof. The magical users were also always described as evil. With intentions to hurt anyone who wasn't gifted like they were.

Kim's eyes widened slightly when she saw the flame, "I could never be afraid of your actions Your Highness." she said quietly before she looked down, her voice had sounded too much like her own. She had to concentrate or else she'd be discovered. "Please...lets continue, I still have a bad feeling within me." she added as she stepped closer to the Prince, her eyes looking at the fire again. "Though if I may ask. Who was the other person that you have shown this too?"

He turned around with a smile, "The person who taught it to me." He did her some gentleness in her voice, however it was too hard to sit there and watch for feminine actions, he had a job to do for now.

The bright orange and white flame flickered in his hold, the two of them descending even further, until finally, they reached a rusted gate which Lucio opened with ease. Lucio entered the dark area and tossed his ball of fire onto a waiting torch at the walls. He closed the gate, and soon the room became revealed. It wasn't the most beautiful of places, but it was definitely well hidden. The furniture seemed old and uncomfortable, there was also a tremendous amount of dust covering almost everything. "This is it..."

She continued to watch the flame as they continued to head down the passage. When they got to the room she looked at Lucio, "Are you sure that we will be safe down here?" she asked curiously as she turned to look at the furniture. The floor even looked more comfortable than it in her eyes. She walked over to the wall and stretched slightly before she sat down and held her side. "Please, try to get some rest Your Highness, I will wake you if anything happens."

Lucio glanced around, not having entered his underground safety in years. "This place should be safe... it is not assured however, so yes, we should stay on our guard." His eyes watched around, "This place should be cleaned up sometime..." He smirked, looking over at Kim and frowning as he walked towards her. "You are injured. Come, I wonder if the baths are still working."

Back
Top Bottom