Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dear Guardian (Duragon and Crimson-Moon)

She nodded as she quickly removed the armor. She had bandaged her chest pretty well to hide the femininity that it showed and also for the wounds sake. "Going through those men was harder than it looked." she said quietly, "Though the trick is to wait long enough so that they have taken each other out, then you slide into the fight once they are getting tired." she explained. "It is a good tactic, though it never has a good time to be used in a real like threatening fight." she added before she quickly followed the third guard.

"Sir, may I ask your name?" she asked quietly, "I only know two names here, one of them is my own. The other is Prince Lucio's."

"You should have learned a bit more about your prince's select four." He smiled. "The first guard is Lucio's most trusted vassal and has already inherited a small piece of this country for he and his family after he is dismissed. He is Olscar. The second is a powerful warrior, the strongest of the four, easily, his body always armored and his love life more rare than blue moons. He is Udon. I am the third guard, the prince comes to me to handle most recruiting activities, and help encourage men to join our cause. I am not as strong as Udon, but much more agile than the juggernaut. I am Adam. Finally the fourth, a gigantic, tall monster of a man, his endurance is second to none as he can simply take on and take on massive amounts of damage without being phased. Sometimes he fights armed men with his bare hands and a simple armbrace to defend himself. He never told us his name, so we called him Wall. Because he is every little bit like a powerful wall of steel and iron." He looked back at her and smiled. It could become a little difficult to become a guardian. All four of the guards were remotely attractive men, most of all Adam. "Although you are not part of the four royal guards, you are welcome to see us, particularly me, at any time you like. I can also work on finding you a follower or two. To make your job easier." He walked her towards a room created only to keep the countries finest art. Paintings, sculptures and creations of the like. Some were wonderful while others were a mere bland of colors and meld. Some were even horrifying and disturbing.

She sighed, "Names never reach the lesser villages...it is only 'them' or 'The select'. Boys pretend to act like all of you...most get hurt in the process...or they try standing up to those who hurt their families...I see it no matter where I go." she murmured as she looked down slightly. "But a follower is unneeded. I'll be fine on my own." she added before they got to the room full of art.

"Adam...on my travels here...I heard of rumors in a few outer villages about unknown men heading towards here...their armor was thin and dark, but they were not from this kingdom. And the older men said that they were not allies." she said quietly as she stared at a painting on the wall. "I fear the worse...they were warriors, not men of peace."

"This is true. They are our neighboors from the north. If you can even call them that. We've had our scouts look into the men apparently wandering a bit close to our territory. They will be handled if we are provoked. A big reason we needed a guardian for Lucio is because of the high price on his head. He has the potential and has already been influential in the continent. If he continues to travel, speak and gather followers, our power will rival the largest country in our continent, and the balance of power will shift in our favor. Lucio's a good man. He does what he can to satisfy his people above all, he's just not very good at expressing himself." He said, turning from the art room and continuing to walk down the halls. "Your walk is a little unorthrodox." He turned into the library, where tons of old literature was at her fingertips. The history of their continent, the basis of their religion, comedies, dramas, mysteries and everything in between, even erotic writes were all gathered there for Lucio or his guards to read from.

She nodded as she listened to him, "They will never get the money for his head." she said quietly, "He has helped the kingdom so much." she added before she heard the comment about the unorthodox walk, "Sometimes, unorthodox is good." she murmured as she walked into the library where her eyes lit up. She was one for reading, her blacksmith had taught her. "So many..." she murmured quietly. Her mind turned back to what Adam was saying earlier. "How good are the men from the north?" she asked quietly. She had heard rumors that a few women were with them, but she did not mention it. She walked over to a book in front of her and ran a hand across the title of it. Sadness slipped into her eyes as she looked down at the floor or the bottom shelf.

(I posted for you but it timed out. I am on my blackberry. I will reply to you tonight
.)

"That is one hundred percent correct. Sometimes, all you need is an unorthodox style to give yourself an edge in a battle. He smiled but it quickly faded when he started to speak about their potential opponents. "They are very strong... brutally powerful warriors. If they are to ever attempt an invasion here... we would be overrun. Not even us, Lucio's four guards would be able to fend off that many, that strong." His eyes narrowed as he watched her seemingly having some difficulty with a specific title. "Is something wrong?"

She sighed, "They have killed people within this kingdom before...they killed my family...and took a girl that was like a sister to me...she is leading the invasion." she murmured as she shook her head slightly, "Lets continue the tour..." she said quietly, "I should not have brought it up." she added as she stopped looking at the ground. The sadness was gone from her eyes just as a ray of sunlight hit them. "Please...can we continue the tour?" she asked.

Adam looked at her with a sentimental look on his face, then silently nodded. "Right."

He continued on to show her the chambers, where she would likely be sleeping, the aquarium, the training grounds, he told her where the soldier's garrisons were and everything else she required in order to do her job effectively. Eventually the two came to Lucio's room, finally. Adam slowly opened the door as easy, the most decorated room in that place came to be. The room looked more like a large living room, with swords hung from the walls. His bed was enormous and inside was a young maid dusting his cabinets. He had a bookshelf filled with the rarest books of their country and time, a silver-haired cat prowled around carelessly and glared at both Adam and Kimberly with it's green eyes. The floor was carpeted, which was very classy and advanced for the time, his rugs made of the finest materials, a suit of armor resting in a corner, shining brightly.

"This is... Prince Lucio's room. That's Ki, Lucio's perferred servant, and his cunning feline, Anna."

She quietly followed him around the grounds and mentally made a map of the more important rooms. When they finally came to Lucio's room, a large star was plotted on the mental map. Her eyes scanned the room before they focused on the swords. "A nice mixture and variety..." she murmured more to herself before she caught sight of the cat.

She crouched down and smiled, "Anna..." she said gently as she held out her hand, waiting to see what the cat would do, not even caring about the possibility that she could get bit. Her eyes narrowed when she heard shouting about an invading army in the corridor nearby. Quietly she stood up, "They got here quickly." she murmured quietly before she turned to Adam, "I promise to keep a level head...protecting Prince Lucio is more important than personal revenge...I promise to not let that get in the way." she said quietly.

Anna, Lucio's cat, slowly approached Kimberly's hand and licked it once before darting away.

Adam watched and sighed, "That's bizzare. Anna bites ALL men besides Lucio. She's ferocious. She is somewhat friendly with females though." He glanced at Kimberly before he heard the yelling. "What is that? We're being attacked right now?"

((I got the names mixed up lol))

"I am great with animals...both wild and pets." she said quietly as she looked at Anna.

Kim nodded, "Yes... the army is heading here...they are in a near by village..." she said quietly as she headed towards the door, "Where is Lucio now? Do you know?" she asked quietly as she turned to look at Adam. She had a bad feeling about this, and it was a really, really bad feeling.

"That would be top priority actually." He said, taking the time now to get ready to fight at any moment. "Lucio is probably in the garden if not in his own room. Find him. I am going to warn the others." He said, rushing by her.

She nodded slightly as she left the room as well, heading towards Lucio's room first since it was closer. All of the thoughts about what could go wrong and about what could happen ran through her mind as she ran, trying to find Lucio.

Lucio sat in his chair in his room, a book opened as his legs were crossed, his eyes skimming through the text.

When she got to the room, she took a quiet, deep breath to compose herself before she knocked on the door, "Prince Lucio. Are you in there? It is Johnathan." she asked through the door, hoping he was.

"Yes... you may enter." He said calmly, taking a bookmark and sliding it between the pages before closing the book. "What can I do for you?"

She entered the room, "A small invading group is coming from the north. They are in village near by already." she explained clearly and calmly as she looked down. She heard shouting down a corridor and her eyes closed, "They are already here." she said quietly.

Lucio's eyes looked up at hers as he slowly stood up. "Very well. Let's make short work of these invaders, I wish to return my reading as soon as time allows." He took the hilt of his sword and pulled it from it's sheathe. "Are you ready?"

She nodded, "I am ready." she said gently. She was not going to have the same fate as her family did. She'd survive the fight. She could not die, she had too many things that she cared about, Lucio was at the top of her list. She heard screams from outside, "So...she is here." she said quietly as she looked down, "The infamous torturer. I hate family reunions..." she added as she turned towards the door.

"Family reunions?" Lucio asked quietly, rushing past her and making his way out. Drawing his blade, the prince quickly got tangled with an opponent, matching every shot with a parry. "What are you doing in my country... fool..." He asked, his blade pushing back his enemy's.

"You're country?! This country will not belong to you after we're finished with it!"

Lucio frowned, "Imbecile..." He pushed hard, his opponent stumbling before charging at him again. Lucio leapt forward, avoiding the low cut as his blade slid smoothly over his foe's throat. Lucio landed on the ground and quickly rolled to recover.

Kim followed Lucio and her eyes narrowed when she saw a female at the end of the corridor, "You should not have come Sarah." she said quietly as she pulled out her sword, "None of you should have come." she added as she ran at the female.

The lady that Kim had called Sarah just laughed, "Oh if it isn't my weak pathetic cousin. Could not even kill a bug when you were younger...did not run after me when I killed your family. Stopping fighting the adult fights and let your Prince fight me." she said gently as she parried Kim's attack.

Kim frowned as she stepped back, "I am not here for revenge...I'd be a fool if I was. I am here to protect Prince Lucio...and I refuse to die by your hands." she said quietly as she made another swipe, feeling the sword hit the armor of the lady.

Lucio looked over at the two quarreling females, his eyes confused as they seemed to be talking. Taking his eyes off his enemies, Lucio felt his shoulder grazed by a blade, cutting his skin semi-deeply. The prince grunted and grabbed his arm before being grabbed from behind by an attacker.

Kim's eyes narrowed as the female fell backwards, a large gash could be seen across her stomach and arms. She turned and ran at the person who attacked Lucio, though her face had shown pain as well, she had a small wound on her stomach and the wound she had received from fighting as herself had reopened. "Let him go..." she said quietly as she stopped, keeping her distance from the attacker who had grabbed Lucio.

Her arm was over her stomach as she swayed slightly. Her grip on her sword weakened as she stood there. Soon, it fell to the ground as her eyes closed as she stood up straight, "If you hurt him anymore...you will regret it..."

Back
Top Bottom