Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pokemon Unity! (Priscilla x Shinsei)

From out of a shadowy corner a response came to Victor’s insinuation that the next challenger would watch the previous match.

“It upsets me slightly you would think we the ladies of the Golddenrod Gym would stoop to such tactics.” A girl walked from the shadows, her silver hair lighting up as it reflected the sky light above them, feeding the flowerbeds in the arena with its solar rays. She was a small girl, almost the opposite of Koko from the last qualifier in her figure. Her eyes also gave a sort of indifference as opposed to Koko’s prudish demeanor.

“I’ll have you know we each wait in a room similar to the one you were in at first, so we know nothing about our opponents until they enter the arena.” She stepped down a small set of stairs that led up to another door to the main arena. Standing on the opposite end of the field she ran her fingers under her chin as she sized victor up.
“I assess you are old, and stuck in your ways.” She said judgingly. “You bring with you last decades battle styles I would venture to guess, but I am young! And I am here to blossom!” She struck a pose, a bit stiffer than the challengers before her but still with a flamboyance befit a gym trainer.

“I am Lass Akari…. come fourth Pigeot!” She mysteriously brought out a pokeball from behind her back, unleashing the bird pokemon which appeared on her shoulder.

'Victor' got a vibe off this one, stroking his chin as he looked at her, a prideful type, the cold type. He had to admit he was bad with this type. They were hard to read, but there was a certain appeal to making their demeanor break. As she spoke he chuckled, "Hmmm, well one can hardly be blamed for wondering," he said lightly, "After all it would be the tactically sound decision to make. Especially given these are televised in some way, so I imagine many trainers have watched your battles out there."

As she called out her pokemon a Pidgeot, he let out a whistle, those were a good brand. But he didn't change his mind on his choice of pokemon, not at all. After all, flying type were weak to..."Well then, lets get things underway, all yours Tyrant," he said as he tossed his Pokeball and the intimidating pressure of his golden Tyranitar rushed out as it let out its growling rumble.

"And lets start ourselves out with a big one, Stone Edge," 'Victor' commanded as the Tyranitar stomped the ground causing several large rocks to go flying up towards the Pidgeot at high speed. A powerful move that aimed right at flying type's weakness. He did have to admit, he was tempted to bring out his third mon for this battle, but he wanted to save him for the finale. Bringing out him early seemed like a bit of a waste. Though going through things like this, it did make him realize he really should get another three mons at some point.

“Tactically sound or not, it would be weak to resort to such cowardly measures.” The girl eyed Victor as he began to throw his ball. She anticipated that he would not waste much time in making his first attack, clearly both socially and in battle he was the aggressive type.

“Go Pigeot.” The girl said so blankly. It was noticeable she had not named her pokemon, calling them instead by their scientific breed names. The large bird almost the size of the girl flew from her shoulder with grace, weaving in and out of the stones that Tyranitar threw into the air with its Stone Edge.

Thrusting her index finger forward she singled to her mon to make its attack, coldly looking at the man across from her the Lass made her move.

“Now Pigeot, use Steel Wing!” Directly to the Tyranitar’s weakness she played, her pokemon flying downwards with the shining wing edges of steel to directly confront the large pokemon opponent.

'Victor' let out a whistle as she busted out Steel Wing, his Tyranitar immediately going to block it as he brought his hand up and debated on touching something on his wrist before deciding to hold back. The Tyranitar receiving the attack as its legs bent and cracks formed on its carapace. But it withstood the blow, "Not bad, not bad at all," he replied, "Tyrant, Ice Beam."

The Tyranitar immediately slung its arms out to either side of it, opening its mouth up and a frigid blast of cold energy erupted out from its mouth aimed squarely at the Pidgeot that was now at point blank range with it. Victor taught all his team moves from TMs that would cover areas that normally would be weaker zones or concerning places for him. Of course Rock was good against fliers, but so was Ice, and Ice was also good against Dragons and more importantly Grass.

He was wondering if he'd get the extra effect from Ice Beam, inflicting Freeze on his opponent, but he did doubt he'd get lucky enough for it. Though he was interested to see if this girl would continue her cold emotionless reactions.

The Pigeot had little room to avoid the ice beam having been so close to deal its steel wing attack. The shards of ice would strike its wing hard sending it plummeting into the arena with a cry, and standing opposite Victor the Lass would let out a tsk.

“Regrettable.” The small girl eyed the field before her and her Pigeot who struggled to regain its footing on the ground. That was certainly a surprise move, she didn’t expect the Tyranitar to be packing such an attack.

“Pigeot, we must regain the initiative!” Lass Akari thrust out a command with a feminine yet cold and commanding voice.
“Go! Agility!”

The Pigeot sprung into action, dashing around the arena at high speed before taking off again. It would keep up the momentum to be able to dodge such attacks if used again, the bird type soaring above its target.

Victor grinned as she used a smart move, but he had another of his own, "Tyrant, Operation Desert Storm," he gave a command, but it wasn't a move. Yet the Tyranitar immediately went into action as it stomped the ground as Victor took out a pair of goggles from behind his back in a pack and put them on over his eyes. A massive sandstorm immediately kicked up all around the Tyranitar blocking vision, and perhaps more terrifying for the Pidgeot, it would begin taking damage from the sandstorm.

If it went for an attack in the midst of the sandstorm it would soon find that the Tyranitar was missing, only soft earth being left where it was. Victor was going to play the long game now. Let the sandstorm wear the Pidgeot down, the Tyranitar only coming up to breath or renew the Sandstorm as it used Dig to become invulnerable. Putting up quite a difficult combo for the Lass to figure out how to respond to.

Victor had multiple methods to fight, and he had taught Tyrant quite a lot. He taught his Feraligatr quite a lot as well, but he hadn't needed to get creative there. So now he just needed to sit back and see if Akari could figure out how to respond to this combo.

The sand filled the arena suddenly enough that even the cold and calculated Akari was caught off guard. She began to cough heavily, falling to her knees as she dust covered her and choked out her lungs. She looked to the air to see if her Pigeot was still flying, yet she could not see him! It was a frightening cut check moment that even put an expression of fear on the Lass’s face.

Trying to gasp for air she yelled out as much as she could through the dust to commander her Pigeot, hoping to regain some sort of footing on the new battleground.

“Pigeot!!!” She coughed between words. “Use quick attack! Hurry!”

The bird pokemon battered and weakened in the skies heeded its master’s command and began to rush down to the Tyranitar’s last known position. It would swiftly deal a blow and head back to the sky, yet as it broke the lower layer of the dust the Pigeot was confused to find its opponent was gone. Idling above the ground it frantically looked around the arena seeing neither its trainer or opponent.

Victor wrapped a cloth over his mouth and nose to more easily breath in the sandstorm as he waited for the round to end. He could hear the quick attack over the sound of the sandstorm, though he didn't know what she though that'd do. It wasn't an overly powerful move, nor was it one that'd be terribly effective against his Tyrant.

He could vaguely see a silhoute of the Pidgeot through the sandstorm, mostly because of his goggles. Seeing it idling there instead of heading back to the sky, "TYRANT ICE BEAM ZWEI!" he called out, another command. Letting the Pidgeot respond to his command, either with its own trainer command or its own judgment. But Tyrant would know what his command meant. It meant to come out and fire the Ice Beam in two seconds. Aiming to catch the Pidgeot when it wasn't expecting it, as it was very common for immediate responses to commands rather than for there to be training to delay or use combos.

He and Tyrant were long time partners after all, they had trained and worked hard with all sorts of plans and tactics. Yet he still lost to that annoying interloper. So he knew he was missing something still. So even as confident and calm as he was, he was paying a good deal of attention to this fight. Waiting where he was to see the results of his command.

The dust storm still commanded the battlefield as both Pigeot and its trainer knew little of what was occuring in front of them. The bird type pokemon could only flutter around, battered by the sand washed skies as it struggled to stay a flight. Yet as Akari tried to make out the silhouette of her Pokemon she could only hear the next move of her opponents.

“Pigeot dodge it! Agility!” Was the only thing she could yell out before she saw the ice beam rocket across the battlefield. It struck the Pigeot true, the pokemon not even knowing it was coming for it. Akari in the briefest moment let out a frustrated expression before recoiling any sign of emotion. The girl tried to maintain her stoic exterior before anyone could notice.

“Recall.” She said flatly as she brought the Pigeot to its ball.
“Very well… you seem to know your way around a pokemon battle.” Akari stood in a dominating stance across the field as the dust settled.
“I didn’t think much of you for beating Koko, she has more breasts than brains.” The silver haired flat chested girl flicked her hair backwards and produced another Pokeball.
“You won’t get past me so easily!”

She launched the ball upwards and allowed it to yield its mon.
“Go Fearow!” Akari called forth yet another flying Pokemon.

A look of anger crossed her eyes as she balled her fist. Taking a deep breath through her nose she prepared to make her attack.
“Now I won’t hold back since I know you are not trash. Behold! The ultimate move of our gym!!! HYPER BEAM!”

The Fearow soaring above opened its beak and let forth a huge ray of light towards the Tyranitor l, hoping to catch it as it incinerated the field with its attack’s energy.

Victor looked at the Fearow and crossed his arms, "You sure you are at the right Gym? Wasn't there a Flying Gym over in Violet City?" he said a bit sarcastically as the beam was launched out. There were a great number of things he could be afraid of, but a Hyper Beam from a Fearow against his Tyranitar was not one of them. Tyrant simply brought its arms up, and took the blast head on. And it barely moved from the blow. It then slashed its arms out as the beam ended, which would leave the Fearow winded from the attack.

Victor snapped his fingers, "Tyrant, Stone Edge," he said with a smile. As long as the attack hit it'd be an instant KO against a Fearow. And it was very likely to hit, especially as he'd immediately tell Tyrant to use it again if the Fearow managed to dodge the first one, taking advantage of the winded status one got left in after using a Hyper Beam.

Victor crossed his arms as he waited the results of this round, That steel wing hurt Tyrant, but it wasn't critical. He'd be in trouble if it was used by a steel type of course, but otherwise it wasn't a big deal to him. And a Hyper Beam, hitting a strong area of Tyranitar's who was already a defensive power house, that did less damage to it than the Steel Wing did. Especially if it was less well trained.

“Stone edge?!?!” Akari gasped, her eyes wife as she watched the rock type move pummel her Fearow before the bird pokemon could even get started showing its power. She knew it was over as the small girl fell to her knees, her mouth agape. The girl whose composure was once as tough as steel now a broken woman.

The Fearow plummeted to the ground and passed out, Akari wasting no time recalling it to her pokeball.

“I thought with all bird types I would soar above the rest.” She wrapped her arms around herself in comfort. The frustration painted on her face like a tragedy.

“You…” she opened her eyes, a sad but glaring look at her opponent. “Where did you get such power?!”

“Attention… victory to the victor… Victor!” The speaker announced as the dust settled from the last move. “The gym is now closed for the day. Your final match will commence tomorrow morning at 0800 with Amelia…”

The lights came back on to full power after being dimmed for the battle. Akari still sat there on her knees holding herself. Sulking.

Victor chuckled, her surprise was a bit overblown, after all it was a Tyranitar, is was only natural it had some rock type moves learned by now. Especially given he had taught it some pretty odd moves as well. Tyrant strutted over to him as he placed a hand on its shoulder, "Good work bud," he said patting the massive mon. As he then recalled him to the ball.

Seeing Akari sulk, "Diversification is important, you didn't make me call him out but I used a Feraligatr in the last match, only a Feraligatr, and I'm saving my third mon for your leader. He's a bit special," Victor said chuckling lightly, "But unity is needed between one's mons. Unquestioning trust and confidence in one another, both in their strength, and your tactical knowledge. Lacking either leads to failure. But, you shouldn't feel bad, I lost to a guy who had done the entire gym challenge in my home region. One reason I decided to come do this. See if managing to go through the challenge helps you or not."

Looking at her, "Heh, but outside of just telling you that basic thing the only way to answer it is to coach you," he said shrugging his shoulders then turning around to make his way out of the gym, "Welp looks like I need to go find a place to stay for the night." Sounding quite indecisive on the matter and more whimsical as he seemed to be pondering over matters, curious if Akari would bite or not.

Akari sat on the ground as the man explained to her why she failed, hugging her knees as he offered to teach her. Yet the small silver haired girl had too much pride to answer him in that moment insteading looking down to the ground as she heard his digging criticisms of her. She would turn briefly to watch him leave the gym, his large figure disappearing through the door.

The Lass grunted and huffed, making her way to the locker room to wash off this dust from her small body.

Outside the gym the sun was beginning to get behind the building, Goldenrod illuminated before him as many trainers returned to the city from their day’s exploring and the nightlife began to crawl from their holes.

Just outside the gym two Lasses gossiped loudly to each other. Their shirts tight around their breasts and skirts short.
“So she just like… ran out?” One questioned flicking her hair.
“Yea, Kei just came running out of one of the arena rooms crying. I tried to stop her but she said she was leaving and never coming back. She seemed really shaken, and her hair was all messy and clothes kinda messed up.” The other seemed concerned.
“Should we tell Amelia?”
“Yes maybe so.” They both entered the gym again to tell their leader.

Activity around the gym was minimal as most challengers were turned away around this time. A bus on the road was loading as he exited, and a taxi can always be called to reach many of the destinations in the city. The pokemon center where there was free lodging for trainers also was a short walk on foot.

Victor chuckled lightly, walking out of the gym after he was ignored entirely. He calmly made his way out of the gym, not caring about a thing in the world, whistling as he went, he made a call for a taxi intending to head towards the nearest hotel. While he was aware of Pokemon Centers healing abilities, he had never used the sleeping quarters, mostly because of his reputation. So he might take the pokemon center's for a quick heal, but otherwise he stayed away from them.

So he'd give an order to the taxi driver to take him to the nearest hotel that took last minute bookings. Sitting back to relax while he was in the Taxi for a while before he'd get dropped off at his location, using some potions to get Tyrant back up to full. Getting out of the Taxi once it had stopped at a hotel, paying his dues, and then stretching his back out after it had gone off. Taking a look around himself as he rolled his shoulders. Deciding his plans, he needed a room for the night, also dinner, maybe another girl as well. He had a lot of things he wanted.

The cabbie dropped Victor off at the Goldenrod Inn, a 5 story building of decent looking means.

“Waaaabbbbaffreettt.” The cabbies mon screamed out the window as it drove assy with Victor’s cab fare.

The front was clean enough, it certainly did not look like a dive hotel. The front doors were made of glass and the lobby had a modern feel with lamps and couches shaped like they came out of a math problem.

At the front desk near the entrance there was a man attending, waiting for Victor as he walked in. He greeted the new potential guest with a smile.

“Welcome to the Goldenrod Inn sir.” He said politely. “Are you planning on staying with us tonight?”

Beyond the lobby a smokey bar was dimly illuminated and rang with jazz tunes. The wooden bar was decorated with many drinks of all types and taps for beer. A few characters sat on stools, all mostly older weary travelers. One that stuck out from the rest was a woman sipping on a martini as she tossed the olive around in her drink. She stared up at a TV screen watching the latest news about Tentacruels rampaging across the beach with her head propped up on her hand. She took no notice of the new guest.

Across the lobby heading down the hall to the first story rooms a girl glanced at Victor, a curious look over her face as she stared, yet she quickly realized what she was doing and looked away. Her hair dancing around as she trotted down the hall.

“Will you be staying for one night...or?” The receptionist asked Victor.

Victor strode right into the hotel, making his way straight for the front desk, "Evening my good man," he said with a wide smile, "Just the night for now," he said with a chuckle, "Got a gym final to do tomorrow then planning to leave town," he said quite freely offering that information up. He had found being open about certain info would lead to useful information elsewhere. Glancing over towards the bar, "Hmmm, a drink doesn't sound too bad I must say, but I'm in need of sustenance, do you have any suggestions?" he asked as he caught sight of the woman at the bar. She wasn't too bad at all, but his stomach was growling and given that look she'd still be there after he came back most likely.

Though he did catch sight of the girl who glanced at him. He chuckled, always those that were curious about newcomers. Stretching out he listened to what the receptionist had to tell him. Weighing his options for the night, thinking about what he would be doing to pass the time before it was time to head to bed. His demeanor was oddly calm, the sort of demeanor that just screamed the amount of control he had over himself, and his confident in being able to get what he wanted.

“Oh good for you doing the gym thing, not many older folk doing that these days.” The receptionist encouraged the man as he punched in some numbers for a room. “So I got a room for one night for one person. No smoking of course, this is a non-smoking establishment.”

Beyond Victor the woman at the bar was trying to ignore some idle chatter from a few flirty old men as she swirled her drink even more.

“The rooms are down to your left, about the same direction that girl headed awhile ago.” He handed victor a room key. “Of course as far as drinks I like the Black Ball 100 proof, finest whiskey we have. First drink is on the house for guests.”

Victor chuckled, "What can I say? I've got money to waste, and I figure it'd be a good way to spend a year doing," he said with a shrug of his shoulders. And as he heard the instructions he nodded his head in understanding. He knew better than to smoke in a hotel, that was a crass thing to do after all. As he heard where the room would be. "Hmmm, doesn't sound too bad. But that'd kill my stomach on an empty one...hmmm, do need to be up early as well. Know a good Italian place that's still open or does deliveries?" he asked with a grin on his face. It was a common trick, load up on carbs and water to prevent a hangover the next morning.

Once he got the address or the number to a good Italian place, he'd first make his way down the corridor, heading towards his room. He wanted to check things out to see what he had for the night. Best to square away one's sleeping place before food was his train of thought.

The hallway to rooms on the first floor had some traffic coming and going, a few travelers, couples, businessmen all heading out for evening activities or in for the same. Very few pokemon out in the open since mostly adults were staying here, though here was the occasional Machop bellhop helping someone to their room with their bags.

Victor would be heading down dozens of rooms, a never ending corridor of identical doors with black numbers on the wall next to him. As he finally reached his own room, 147, he could hear the ice maker not far away. In fact if he looked over he would see the girl from before grabbing ice, her sleek form concealed by a pair of ripped jeans and yellow blouse. Her bare shoulders were as white and cold as the ice she held.

She noticed Victor out of the corner of her eye, but chose to ignore him.

Should Victor open his room he would find quaint accommodations, a King sized bed, desk, dresser, and even a flat screen TV. The air conditioner would be running colder than usual, the previous occupant staying with their Cubchoo or something of the sort.

As Victor walked down the hallway, seeing the various people and even the occasional Machop, he seemed perfectly at home. Calmly and casually walking along, until he caught sight of the girl from before. At the ice maker, and she seemed to be ignoring him. He would avoid his room for the time being, and would instead choose to walk over to her.

"Well hello there miss, how are you this fine evening?" he asked with a lopsided grin, looking at her, "Hope your day's gone well," he said casually. She didn't look too bad he had to say, he needed to gauge her first. But she could potentially be a fun encounter.

Looking at her calmly, "So, what are you in for? Business trip, journey, vacation?" he asked making small talk. Poking at her with his words to figure out what his chances were to get her in his bed.

The girl stiffened up when approached, startled that the strange man would approach her like this as she held her ice bucket filled with the cold chunks. She clenched her bucket before turning to the right and walking past Victor.

“Hi…” she said blankly, walking down presumably towards her room as she peered back at Victor nervously.

Victor chuckled, "No need to be so stiff with me cutey," he said with a wink towards the girl, "I'm just your regular everyday traveler," he said with a chuckle turning to walk right alongside her. "What's your name?" he asked her with a small smile and a bit of a twinkle to his eyes, pushing things a little bit. He wasn't about to give up so soon.

The girl was clearly more than a little creeped out by the older man following her down the hall of the hotel, her eyes dashing left and right as she tried to walk faster.

Nervously she stuttered as he asked her name, her feet still propelling her forward as the ice in her bucket rattled. The young girl looked flush as she came to her room, yet she did not want to give any indication it was her room. But where else did she have to go?

Standing against the wall she looked up at the man frightened.

“My name is uh… uh… Kita…” she didn’t look him in the eye. She clenched the ice bucket tightly across her flat chest.

Victor chuckled as she looked at him, "My dear, there's no reason to be so timid, you could tell me to leave and I will," he told her with a wink, "But, Kita, why would you be so worried? You're a cutey, you must be used to men complimenting you by now no?"

He was trying to disarm her with his words, "Or, are you more used to younger fellas," he asked with another chuckle, "You can't be so worried about an older man can you?"

He was curious to see if she'd calm down or if she'd tell him to leave, or if she'd remain nervous as she was. Watching her calmly as he leaned against the wall himself.

Kita looked down at the floor, the older man leaning over her. It was true she often was complemented by men, her overly cute appearance a contributing factor as well as her timid disposition towards men. She wondered what about her being so shy around them made them push even farther. She didn’t much care for men at this stage in her life, especially older ones. The young girl had received a lot of unwanted attention like this before such as being leered at, touched in close quarters, or cat calls as she walked through town. Thats why she stayed at upper scale hotels, to try and keep to herself vice the more used dorms of pokemon trainers.

She reddened in the cheeks as she turned away from him, wanting to dash into her room. Fumbling through the hem of her skirt where she kept the key, she prepared to rush into her room after unlocking it.

“I just… I just want to be left alone..” she whispered, quickly turning to her door and swiping the card. Yet as she unlocked it, the light turning green, the card slipped from her hand, falling to the floor in front of Victor. She quickly leaned over to grab it...

Back
Top Bottom