Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

"I have medicine for the pain. I had to conduct surgery to keep you alive, Masamune-sama went out and found...blood donors...to help aid your survival.." He said gently, moving to grab the medicine bottle.

Megohime didn’t want to think of what Masamune had done to provide her with donations of blood, but the thought stayed in her head as Kojurou retrieved the medicine. “How long was I asleep for?” She asked.

Megohime felt her heart sink in her chest, nearly a month? “And Masamune?” She almost blurted out her question. “Is he ok?”

Megohime was relieved to hear Masamune was uninjured, worried that perhaps at some point the large demon had come back and tried to attack Masamune. “Can I see him?”

She was disappointed by this news, but knew Kojurou was right, even just sitting up for her in that moment was physically exerting. “Will you tell him I’m awake..?”

Megohime was starving in fact, nodding her head. “Food sounds amazing, I’ll take anything at this point.”

After Megohime ate, she was still bed bound, Kojurou insisting she was still too weak to be up and about.

When night fell, she heard footsteps making their way to her room before her door opened. Masamune stood in the doorway, looking down at her quietly with those haunting eyes of his.

Megohime sat up in bed with a slight struggle and a small wince, having already regained some strength from eating actual food. “Masamune..” Her heart slipped a beat when she saw him, a dull pain in her chest.

He stepped into the room and shut the door before moving to her and holding her gently, "I'm glad to see that you made it.." He said quietly.

Megohime felt her face flush, blinking in surprise, but she slowly wrapped her arms around Masamune to return his hug. “Me too... I-I was terrified..”

"I thought I would lose you.." He said. What was this? This wasn't the scary demon she had met not too long ago. He was showing emotions; that he cared.

Megohime didn’t care if his actions and words were a ruse, she didn’t care if he was only faking to care for her so she’d continue to use her ability for his benefit- it felt wonderful to simply have someone show concern for her, even if it was all a lie. Tears leaked from her eyes and she clutched at his robes. “I’m sorry. I promise I’d never try to leave you.”

“It’s embarrassing..” She said, looking down, yet she couldn't help but smile a bit. “I’m just glad I got to see you again.”

Megohime laughed softly, wincing and holding her side. “Ah, don’t make me laugh..! It hurts..!”

She shook her head, gently rubbing the stitches beneath her clothes. “No... well, my body still hurts a bit, but the stitches are mainly just tight now.”

"I see..." He couldn't remember the last timehe was limited by such human things, "Kojurou said you would need to take medicine for a bit for the pain."

Back
Top Bottom