Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Thirteenth Cabin (bunny x east)

Alexander thanked her for the feeling of her hand, the soothing touch helping him to stay sane in the midst of all the new information or not wanting to lash out. When Briar thought to him, she gave Zeus the benifit of the doubt, and that didn't sit well with him. He didn't think it was so simple. Hearing that Hera had commanded no one tell their mother at least made it so that his family handn't held this secret from him. Don't give him the benefit of the doubt, You have heard the story Leda and the Swan he was never gonna take home father of the year.

Chiron hadn't expected that question, but his look was still that reflective sad as he thought to it. He sighed for a moment as he looked at Briar. "The gods can be... difficult. They are often childish. In some cases a god may not want to be tied to a mortal family, their life span is infinite while a mortals life span can often be fleeting, wonderful, but mortal." He walked with the two siblings. "the life of a demigod can be rife with dangers, and troubles for those that a god does claim it can be made even worse, so sometimes it is out of a sense of protection, other times a god may not know they are a parent at all. We have been around for hundreds of years and the reasons I have heard, the justifications can be as varied as a mortal parent who chooses to leave their child at an orphanage. Our camp is a safe place designed to care for any child of the gods, regardless how their parent may feel about them..." Chiron had one more thing to say on the matter. "There have also been times when a god may revoke their Childs, denouncing them and removing them from their family. The gods can not remove their natural born gifts, but they can revoke their blessing and protection, it has only happened a few times in our history."

Chiron was leading them back towards cabin thirteen at this point he figured that the two siblings should take a few hours for themselves. "The gods may not be physically with us at all times, but they do send their signs, they offer quests to their children, and gifts on occasion." Chiron pointed at the dog in her cabin as an example of a gift. "They work in many ways to protect their claimed children, and both of you were claimed. Even if Zeus is not present, and has not been seen for a long time, Alexander you are his child, and his protections will be with you for as long as you live. I'm going to let you both unpack, this has been a long morning."

Alexander stepped over the property line and the dog immediately started to growl and bark like a mad beast, he just slumped down outside of the glass of the cabin and sat down for a moment. Looking at her place it was at last far more modern than any of the other cabins, which meant it would be much more comfortable. "That's a lot to take in." He said softly looking to his sister. "Can you lock your hell hound up so I can go inside?"

He wasn't wrong, she knew that. She also knew the story of their own mother, at least... what was widely assumed. Briar didn't like thinking badly of anyone, it was something they had to earn. Zeus was the OG playboy, that was to be sure, but she honestly thought if he could have been helping, he would. If nothing else for his own personal image. It would look bad if he didn't put in as much effort as Hades, just as it looked bad that he didn't prepare Alexander's cabin. None of this was shared, rather, instead she turned her head and brushed his arm with a kiss.

The feel of her lips didn't linger but were replaced with the softness of her cheek as she turned to Chiron, though even then she lingered for only for a moment as he began to walk, explaining why a god might not claim their children. Much of it was along the lines she had guessed, but Briar was still unsure if she agreed. Being a God came with responsibilities, whether they liked that or not. The latter gave her pause though, revoking the protection? She wondered what one would have to do in order to have such a measure taken against you.

She looked at the gift her father had left her, the dog lay sunbathing for the moment near the glass. She wondered if Zeus had been present, if he too would have given Alexander a gift. Briar held no love for the king of the gods, but she did feel, somewhere deep down, that he cared for Alexander. "Thank you Chiron'' The siblings watched him leave before Alexander stepped away, setting the dog off. She nodded and bent to kiss his hair softly. "Yeah, I will move him. Give me a moment"

Leaving him outside she went inside, the moment she stepped within the dog quieted and came to her, tail wagging. "Who is a good boy?" Kneeling Briar stroked the dog's flank before she cupped his face, kissing his nose. "I will need to think of a good name for you, but until then we need to have a talk" She rose and walked away from the main room, the dog following. "Alexander is my brother, you can't hurt him" The dog gave a small whine of protest, looking back towards Alexander. "No, I am serious. If you hurt him I will be cross"

Briar was treating the dog like it was intelligent, honestly feeling that he was. "Stay on this side for a little bit and if you feel like you can behave you can come say hi later" The dog sat with a grumpy look on its face, before flopping onto its side dramatically. Moving to the other side of her cabin, she knocked on the glass gently. before kicking her shoes off and collapsing on the couch. It had been a day and it wasn't even noon yet.

Feeling the way that Briar showed her affections, cuddling up to him, kissing his arm he felt much more calm just from the touch of his sister. He knew he shouldn't have gotten as much comfort from the touch as he did. When she eventually pulled away to put the dog in his place he sat outside thinking over that strange pull he had towards her. The way she calmed him down so easily, and the strange feeling of his sisters lips against him and how he wanted more of that feeling. A few different fantasies scrolled through his mind, but once the dog was calm enough that he was certain it wouldn't try to harm him, he walked into the cabin.

Taking off his shoes he dropped onto the sofa beside Briar, before he flopped sideways. His head landed softly in his sisters lap as he let out a long tired sigh that evolved into a yawn as he stretched out and made himself comfortable. Just resting on her lap for the moment. He closed his eyes and felt like he could honestly just fall asleep on her. The two of them had spent the entire night in the back of the cab run by the fates, it was a bit much to be honest to come to grips with everything. He opened his eyes and looked up at his sister for the moment, that pale skin, with her lavender eyes he smiled at her.

"Okay that's a lot to take in right now." Their lives had completely changed over night and even this preliminary tour of the camp ground had made him so tired that he honestly did want to sleep and just use his sister as a pillow, or cuddle up to her if they went to an actual bed. That thought seemed both invitingly warm, completely impossible. "Zeus is missing, our mom is missing, we can telepathically speak to one another now." His tone on the last one was more warm and teasing. "Did I miss anything?"

His bag was still over in cabin one where he had thrown it, but she had her stuff, and the cabin was comfortable. Far more modern than perhaps any of the other cabins which all seemed rustic and more in keeping with a summer camp. This felt more like a home Hades had prepared for her, knowing that her dad had wanted her here a long time ago that made more sense. "Your dad gave you a pool." He said with a slightly amused look towards her. "How are you feeling with all of this? I kinda... just want to take a nap right now."

Hands slid through his soft white locks, the silvery strands falling through her fingers like water. Briar smiled at him softly as he shifted to look up at her, fingers still playing with his hair while her freehand came to rest on his chest. It never occurred to her that most siblings might not touch quite like they did, the head in her lap was innocent enough, but her touches perhaps pushed the boundaries of what was normal. One or the other might have been overlooked but both? To her this was normal though, they had always been like this. The statement made her sigh softly and lean back, eyes closing for a moment. "It really is" A lot was an understatement she felt, but Briar knew what he meant. Zeus, their mother... she bit her lower lip and leaned over him, wincing slightly. "Maybe one thing"

Taking a deep breath, Briar tried to play it off like a joke. "I see dead people" her fingers in his hair stilled for a moment. "The tip.. I gave you. I don't know how I knew what was happening, but there was a girl next to me who seemed shocked I could see her. I think.. It was from her." She frowned softly, watching his face for his reaction. When he didn't freak out, she let out a breath and leaned back. "I know it's silly, you have never made me feel like a freak, but telling you that was scary. I knew you'd be well.. you..." She smiled and leaned down, rubbing her nose to his in a little Eskimo kiss.

Her head turned towards the pool and she nodded. "Yeah, I noticed that this is less like a cabin and more like a home." She bit her lower lip and looked down at him. "Did you wanna stay here with me? I think I'd miss you if you stayed in your own cabin" She smiled softly, knowing she would, but also knowing he might not want to be stuck with her either. "A nap actually sounds amazing. I feel.. sort of numb I guess. Like this isn't quite real. We will wake up to mom and the smell of her cooking" Gently she pushed his head off her lap, rising she held her hand to him. "Let me introduce you Cerberus" She saw no need to not name the puppy after the guardian of the underworld. "Even if you don't stay here, it will be best if he doesn't freak when you come in. And then we can nap. I saw stairs leading below to what I assume is the bedroom"

Her fingers laced with his own and she led him toward Cerberus, who gave a halfhearted growl before wagging his tail. Rising to his haunches he watched the two come closer. "Cerberus, this is Alexander" Releasing his hands she gave him a small push towards the dog. As she did she gave Cerberus a warning. "Bite him and you sleep outside" Slipping past them both, she peeked down the stairs. She couldn't see much beyond deep what seemed like black carpeting. "Yeah it looks like a bedroom.. I think"

When she quoted a horror movie he actually chuckled a little, that seemed so much like Briar to try and sugar coat the news of this new somewhat alarming power with a joking reference that made everything feel normal. He shook his head no he wouldn't have made his sister feel like a freak over this. He felt the way she touched him, and relaxed deeper for a moment. "Your dad is the warden of the dead, I mean I was hoping for something like manifesting cash Hades is the god of wealth and having a sister that prints money would basically set us up for life." He countered with his own little joke, but honestly this was a good thing. "The ghosts advice was helpful honestly, and if you can see and speak with the dead that just gives us one more way to get information over anyone else."

He groaned as he was pushed off her lap and had to get up, but he also agreed none of this camp felt real to him just yet. Holding his sisters hand however made him feel more grounded. When she mentioned the dogs name, he blinked. "You know this dog could very well be one of Cerberus's puppies right?" It wasn't impossible for hades to have given his daughter one such great beast. But at the same time he didn't even know if there was more than one Cerberus. He walked up to the black hound and looked at him for a moment, a small tension and trepidation towards the animal as he held out his hand towards the beast keeping his hands clenched tight for the moment before the dog finally seemed to just accept that Alexander would be a perminant fixture in this cabin. As Alexander pet the dog he chuckled a little. "I'm personally more of a cat person, but I'd much rather stay here than that train wreck of a cabin that Zeus left behind for his kids. there isn't even a bed in that one, just a large statue holding a lightning bolt." He shook his head.

Leaving the dog he walked back towards his sister, and saw the bedroom. "Hades certainly has elaborate taste." He said bemused as he walked down the stairs to the basement bedroom. The carpet was plush, and the bed was large, but honestly it was a bit creepy, it did have the added benefit of being rather cool since it was away from the sun and dark for being away from outside light sources. Honestly if he wanted to say anything it was that this place was kind of comparable to a kink dungeon with it's elaborate layout chandalere the mirror over the bed. It was like something out of a novel so elaborate and rich with contrasts of black and white all around. Alexander sighed he wasn't about to tell his sister that his first thought was a kink dungeon, but when he picked up the camera on the night stand he chuckled. "I think your dad thinks you'd make a good model... I don't disagree." He said holding up the camera and pointing it towards his sister for a moment, putting it down after.

"You're okay with sharing the bed right?" Alexander pulled off his shirt a bit teasing if he was being honest. He pulled it over his head slowly making sure to show his abdomin as he faced his sister. He dropped his shirt on the floor, before undoing his belt. He was a bit sweaty from the battle against the daughter of Athena, and maybe he was taking this a bit too far, but he still undid his belt, couldn't very well sleep in jeans after all. He wasn't exactly trying to strip for his sister, but that was the result as his pants slowly slipped down his long legs, revealing white body hair that seemed to match with his actual body fuz. "I can never really sleep with clothing on, do you mind? I'll stay in my boxers."

"That would have been awesome" She agreed with a smile, feeling more relaxed; Briar had known Alexander wouldn't make her feel like that girl. He never had, not even once... But there was still some fear that couldn't be erased when she had decided to tell him, the fear that one that, the only other person in her life that she truly cared about would look at her with disgust or fear. her mother never had, nor had Alexander... The only two who mattered to her. She could face a lifetime of others doing that, but either one of them doing it would break her. Nodding she agreed. "It was oddly perfect timing" her tone slipping to playful as well once more "She was kickin your ass" Giggling they headed towards her new puppy and she looked to him. "Okay I know might not like that, but that would be awesome"

Briar had always loved the stories of Cerberus and to have a puppy with three heads? Would be freaking awesome. Chuckling she petted Cerberus as Alexander slipped down the stairs past her. His words caused her to blink. Kissing the wet nose of Cerberus she headed down the stairs. She blinked at the darkness of the room, and the clear elegance. Shaking her head she shrugged some. "I mean it's really nice.. But a bit much" She did like the room, but it was a bit too ornate for her. Laughing she held up a hand blushing. "No one wants pictures of me Alexander" Shaking her head she giggled again. Her a model? Nah... The thought was not shared as she nodded. "Well I wasn't gonna make you sleep on the couch. The bed is big enough for both of us"

Though the suggestion made her squirm a little. She always seemed embarrassed when Alexander wasn't fully dressed... a lot of that dealing from her own feelings. Biting her lower lip she looked away averting her eyes, cheeks flushed. "That's fine" Briar shifted in place, she didn't actually want to look away but staring at your brother almost naked wasn't okay.. She often slept the same way he did.. Briar also knew she couldn't sleep in her clothing, not if she actually wanted to sleep. Slipping her shoes and socks off Briar turned away fully. She lifted her shirt over her head and let it fall to the floor, thanking whoever had been watching over them that she was wearing a bra, she didn't always. She even was wearing a matching pair of panties. They were both pale pink, with strawberries over them here and there and ruffles along the edges. A little red bow was nestled between her breasts and just below her belly button. The last item was her pants, which revealed the matching undies, wiggling her jeans down over her ass and off her legs she stepped out of them. Briar had a slender body, with soft curves where a girl should have them, her limbs shapely and free of hair. The pale pink fabric stretched over her body like a second skin and formed against her breasts.

Turning to him she blushed deeper and climbed into bed. They had once upon a time, slept in the same bed a lot more. That had changed as they had grown older and this was the first time in forever. "I don't like sleeping in clothes either" Her voice was almost flustered and she turned away from him. A small thought wormed into her mind. What would it feel like to fall asleep in his arms, their body cuddled close. Safe she bet... and for a moment, she was jealous of any girl who would get that pleasure, and the security of Alexander holding them.

He disagreed with her because he wanted photo's of her. He couldn't voice that thought of course. It was one of those selfish thoughts that a brother really shouldn't have about their sibling. When she turned away from him, he had to suppress a shiver that ran through his entire body watching as her shirt was pulled up, and her pants pulled down. He saw those feminine curves, and had a difficult time averting his eyes. He chewed his lower lip for a moment. He was still tired, still exhausted he wanted sleep, but there was another want and desire now. And it got stronger when he saw her face him. Her eyes averted from him, but he could not give her the same curtesy he wanted to drink in the sight of her. The bra and panties the way they hugged her breasts and hips, the way her figure swayed when she got into the bed.

It took him a little longer to crawl into bed with her. moving under the covers he laid on his back for a moment. He was having weird thoughts run through his head now. He was focused on the dark cieling up above him for the moment laying down and wanting to sleep but sleep wouldn't come to him so easily when there was something he wanted that was within his reach. His mind was delving into thoughts and desires that he couldn't articulate, he glanced over at his sister's form wanting little more than to find her lips in the darkness, to kiss her and press her into the bed. He closed his eyes for the moment trying to deny those thoughts a little longer. There was a growing silence between the two of them now, and he wasn't sure if it was because she was asleep or not.

In the end he knew he couldn't continue to lay on his back and do nothing, something had to change now. He tried to be gentle of course. pulling himself closer to her, then moving her, grabbing her with steady, reassuring hands that he wanted this. Pulling her gently towards him rolling her over without a word, so that her head could use his shoulder and chest as a pillow her body pressed to his torso, His arm wrapped gently around her, cuddling up to her. He kissed her forehead. reassuring her. He wanted more, but this was the most he was willing to take at the moment, besides he was also exhausted, and at the moment he needed her. "Snuggle up with me." He said softly into her ear, his hand tickling her side affectionately. If anyone were to walk in on them they would have looked less like siblings in this moment and more like lovers tangled up.

I want you briar. The thought rolled across his mind, and into her like thunder across the planes, and what's more in the moment he didn't even realize his mind had touched into hers and broadcasted that thought. His mind had always been his sanctuary where such thoughts could be safe and never spoken. The new connection that was open between them exposed him, made his mental fortress vulnerable. And that thought rolled with all the desires he had, the want to feel her naked body embraced with his own, the desire to hear her cries of lust, and passion. He wanted to feel her, and of course he felt guilty for all of those desires. "Have a good rest." He said trying to be content with what they have in the moment, not yet realizing that in the moment he had already unleashed the storm.

A swirl of emotions played though her as she'd climbed into bed. She had missed the way Alexander's eyes had lingered on her body. Briar felt, rather than saw Alexander climb into bed; the mattress shifted with his weight and the covers pulled towards him. Closing her eyes she willed sleep to come, but it did not obey her demands. Instead her thought moved to a place she tried to keep them far from, knowing that while the gods were insestual, there was little doubt the mortals would be quite so understanding. That was all that had ever kept her from even daring to consider such a thing. The taboo, that humanity instilled to love in such a way. Briar was pretty sure it applied to half siblings as well, even if they hadn't shared a mother, they would have been cousins.

She felt him shift, the bed dipping as he moved closer and then she felt his hands. For a moment, Briar forgot how to breathe. She allowed him to roll her so she faced him, her head pillowed on the crook of his shoulder and chest, her warm breath playing across his skin. Heart racing, it took her a moment to relax against him, her form slowly softening. Briar closed her eyes as his lips brushed her forehead, and she shifted a little, getting comfortable. His words were soft, and the words she spoke echoed them. "Okay" Her arm stretched across his chest, and her form shifted slightly so more of her soft form pressed against him. Briar felt guilty for taking advantage of his innocent desire to snuggle, for finding a different comfort in his arms than Alexander intended. And then, across the barrier of her mind she heard his voice.

I want you Briar. There was no doubt whose voice it was as it thundered across her mind and it was not alone, there was no way for her to think those four words were anything else. Desires Alexander felt hitting her like an electric shock. Her mouth opened in shock and for a second time, Briar stiffened and tried to relearn how to breathe. It.. wasn't one sided? She nodded some and snuggled closer, less afraid of crossing some boundary, but now very unsure how to handle the shocking revelation that Alexander wanted her the same way she wanted him. She was older, the thought came as she had let her mind wonder to what it might be like, to give Alexander his desires."Sleep sweet" She shouldn't allow them to do something she knew was wrong.

It had been clear he hadn't meant to share the thought and so she decided, no matter how they both felt to ignore the desires. Neither of them felt them alone, but they should.. Shouldn't they? They'd be around others their own age, perhaps develop feelings for others... Somehow Briar knew she wouldn't and even as sleep slowly claimed her she hoped, even knowing it would hurt, that Alexander found someone else to have those desires for... Jealousy spiked though her and she knew she wanted it to be her, so badly.. But it was wrong...

As they slept, she curled into him further, limbs tangling together. While they were awake, they had both been more or less careful with how they'd laid. However, in sleep, nothing barred their bodies from acting on how they felt.

Waking in a tangle of bodies and bed sheets. Alexander felt more rested now than he had in years. It didn't hurt that the sight he woke up with was his sister's body warm and pressed to him. A tangle of messy sheets. Her breath against his neck for a moment he considered pressing his lips to hers. A hand brushed her long black hair, but in truth he didn't want to wake her up. He did everything he could to be gentle with her body, letting her sleep for as long as she needed as he pulled himself away from the entangled sheets and his sisters body. As much as it pained him to do it he knew it was the right thing to do to leave her as comfortable as she could be.

Walking upstairs still in his underwear Cerberus growled softly as he checked the time by looking outside for a moment. It was dark outside, but he could see the faint orange of twilight, if he had to guess probably around 5 or six in the morning, counting off his head that meant the two of them had slept for.... a long while it had only been mid afternoon when they had gone for a nap and it was now the next day. Cerberus's growl got a little louder a reminder that he wasn't completely trusted. "Hush dog, if you bark you'll wake her." It was the honest truth and he didn't want anything to disturb Briar before she was ready and well rested. It did take him a bit of time to find the cabins private bathroom. Walking in he finally dropped his last piece of clothing.

Stepping into the private bath he took a hot morning shower. Letting the steam run off his body for a bit. He felt more rested than he had in days, he kind of wished that all of his mornings could be like this, that somehow he could continue waking up beside Briar, but that was just a dumb fantasy. He knew eventually he would have to go to his own cabin, and give her privacy. He was her guest as long as he was here, but the Hades cabin was warm, inviting it felt more like a home than anything Zeus could have prepared. He stretched washing the sleep and weariness as well as sweat away from his body, when he emerged wrapped in a towel he looked out at the glass window, seeing his bag had actually been transported from cabin 1 where he had thrown it. There was also a note on it so despite only being in a towel and the warmth of the sun being more than an hour away he opened the door of the cabin stepping outside to grab it and pull it inside as quickly as he could.

Opening the note it was an explanation of the days schedule. breakfast, archery, swordplay(beginners), lunch, arts and crafts (he let out an audible snicker at that one) Pegasai riding lesions(beginners class), and dinner. All in all it was a pretty big day, and it wasn't like yesterday where he could just break a girls nose and say peace out for the rest of the day, he was pretty sure this schedule was mandatory for the two of them. So with nothing else to do but wait till breakfast was called he started to get dressed, made a small cup of coffee, and sat down on the sofa to wait for his sister to rise from the dead like a zombie and watch the sunrise.

Dreams rarely stayed away from Briar's sleep; often fantastical, colorful and clearly nothing of this world, the memories of such dreams faded before she woke. When Alexander gently extracted himself from her arms and even one of her legs Briar had made a small whimper, eyes still closed as she rolled over. Now effectively in the middle of the bed, her dark hair blending into the black sheets. The dream slipped away, though a feeling lingered within it. Asleep her defenses were down and his name, like a whisper echoed through their minds. She wasn't awake, but even now, she felt the loss of her brother from her bed.

Perhaps fifteen more minutes passed before Briar slowly climbed her way from the darkness of sleep and back into the waking world. Yawning she turned, looking for Alexander. A small frown on her lips. Sitting up, the sheets pooled around her waist and a hand rose to her hair pushing it away from her face. Awake, those walls were firmly back in place as she considered what she'd heard last night. It had been the last thing she'd been thinking about when sleep had claimed her, it was only natural it was one of the first upon waking. Briar was sure her idea to act like she'd heard nothing was for the best, though some guilt came with her decision. She had always felt guilty for her feelings for her brother, knowing them to be wrong and doubting that he felt the same. Now, she knew, but Alexander was in the same boat she had been in; before they had shared that boat unknowingly. Was it wrong to allow him to perhaps feel the same guilt alone?

Sighing Briar climbed from the bed and headed up the stairs, a blanket pulled around her torso before leaving the bedroom. Her hair was normally pin straight, but in the mornings, it liked to go this way and that way. "Morning" Her voice was warm as she came up behind him. Her breasts pressed against his shoulder and she snagged the cup of coffee, taking a small sip, sighing. Blushing she pulled back, having fallen into habits from before knowing. Fuck. This wasn't going to be easy. "I'm going to go shower" her voice sounded off but she left before Alexander could question.

In the shower she wondered what she was meant to do. If she stopped doing what she always did, it would be obvious. They had always been a bit closer than they should, she knew that. If she didn't change, could she deny the desires to see exactly how far she could push things? Her entire shower was filled with these confusing thoughts and even as she was drying off, she was no closer to an answer. Briar felt further in the muck than she had been. Because if she constantly just began to blush, Alexander was likely to notice. Double fuck. Wrapped in a towel, she hurried back through the two main rooms and down the stairs.

Dressing quickly in a pair of pale teal panties and bra, a pair of comfortable faded jeans and one of the orange tee-shirts of camp. Heading back up the stairs toward him, Briar was french braiding her hair away from her face, the raven locks falling down her back in a single plait. "What were you looking at before?" She flopped on the couch, a hand across her stomach as she laid along the plush cushions.

As soon as his sister had come up to him, it felt like something was slightly odd about it. There was absolutely no way he could pin it down, and perhaps it was his imagination but the feeling of how she pulled back so suddenly made him feel like something was up. But when he looked at her he realized she was still only wearing underwear at the moment which made him quickly avert his eyes. He told himself that was why she had pulled away from him. Because it had been her breast so very close to his head, and not because of anything he had or hadn't done. "Okay have a good shower." He tried to be dismissive, because for a moment his sisters breast had been pressed up against him and he found it all much more appealing than a brother should.

When she came back he was still sitting where she had left him, looking out at the morning sky as it turned blue. He turned towards her, and smiled, he couldn't help but think about how the simple look worked for her. She asked him what he was transfixed on, and he sighed. "There are no computers, no T.V.'s the only thing you can see from this direction is the beach, the horizon, and a bit of the forest. If we had grown up here we would have died of boredom." He was trying to joke, but in truth the view was relaxing, and he didn't exactly need the modern comforts of daily life to survive, he hadn't been addicted to his phone at least not that much, and since they had always been on the move before friendship with people other than Briar were fleeting things, that he had gotten used to leaving behind. "truth is... I'm looking at the sky."

He pointed out at the horizon. "There isn't a cloud in the sky. I keep wondering about what we were told yesterday." He sighed for a moment it because it was dumb to think about Zeus a god who as far as he had been concerned had never given him a second thought. But now knowing that Zeus had been gone since he was literally two years old, he was left thinking and now he kind of wanted some kind of sign, to know exactly why that had happened. "Every time there was a lightning storm I'd walk outside in it. I thought maybe in the rain, and wind I'd hear something like you did."

"Or did you mean the paper."
He realized that she had probably meant the schedule and he was going completely introspective at the moment. He passed her the schedule and passed it to her. "Honestly having a schedule like this really does kinda make this feel like a summer camp, they even have an arts and crafts center. It's past dawn so it's probably time to go get some breakfast."

Turning her head, Briar's eyes opened and she smiled softly. It hadn't been what she meant, but she enjoyed listening to his point of view. Part of being a good listen was sometimes he told her things he might not otherwise. Her eyes closed and she bit her lower lip, thinking about what he said about his father. "Alexander, what if he isn't as bad as you think?" The question was soft. She loved her brother, she found it hard to believe that Zeus wouldn't love him too. He was prolific, that was to be sure, but wouldn't Alexander hold a special place, like any child should? Briar sighed softly. She knew that just because she wanted Zeus to love Alexander the way her own father seemingly loved her. "I could be wrong," She admitted softly. "But I can't help but hope, that he isn't quite the asshole he seems to be"

Sitting up she chuckled and nodded, reaching for it. Her eyes skimmed over it and she bit back another sigh. Looking to Alexander she rose, shifting to sit in his lap. There was a small thrill doing it, knowing how they both felt, but she wanted to extract a promise from him. "You know I am going to be bad at most of the things... Right?" She shook her head and smiled. "I will be Alexander. It's... a fact. I would ask two things of you." She waited for a moment before continuing. "Leave me behind during the day, don't let anyone see the weakness I give you" Her hand brushed his hair back from his face. "I am, I know it." She also knew if he really thought she needed it, he'd help her. "But at night, try and help me catch up?" Her smile was shy. "I promise to not be too much of a brat"

Briar wanted to linger in his lap but also knew she shouldn't. Pressing her lips to his brow she slipped away. "But you're right we should head out for breakfast. Side note.. I hate meals here" It wasn't the food she hated, it was the fact that she was the last standing, all eyes on her. She smiled at him and stepped back further, allowing him to rise. "Think I can nick an apple for the Pegasus?" Briar had a fondness for animals, Alexander would know. She'd always wanted to learn to ride too. It was clear from the tone of her voice that there was at least on thing she was looking forward to. That and the arts and crafts were going to be her highlights of the day.

Heading for the door, she waited for him to join her before continuing. The walk from her cabin was a bit further than his naturally and soon they joined others heading to the mess hall. Once more they were subjected to the sitting process and when it came to her turn she slipped into her seat. This time, her eyes scanned for her new friend, Zavior. He'd said he didn't like crowds, and looking at the mass of demigods assembled, she wouldn't have been surprised if he was not in the crowd.

For some reason Alexander didn't really want his sister to be right about Zeus, it felt like it would let him off the hook far too easily. He didn't want that. He didn't want the years of isolation to be suddenly explained away with some godly good intentions. It felt like it would invalidate his feelings about the many years that had passed without him being around. Then it was his turn to listen to her about the events on their camp grounds. He didn't like the idea of ignoring her during the day, but he would nod slowly at her request. "I am not so sure." He said more plainly.

"All of this is new territory. I've never picked up a bow, or ridden a horse before let alone a flying one. Horses terrify me, I've never been good with animals. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses and it would be a little foolish to assume that either of us will be good at everything here before the day is over." He reached out and gave his sister's head a gentle pat for a moment. "Don't deny yourself the chance to try." Part of a leaders charisma was always trying to inspire others to greater feats. Alexander liked to think it was at least one area of leadership where he was good, but his words would only carry her so far. "come nightfall I promise I will help you as much as I can." he said softly.

Going to the breakfast it was the same as it would always be a long line up of cabins, and true to his promise for the day before Alexander did not start eating until after she had sat down next to him. He spotted the woman whose nose he had broken from the Athena cabin before. He still felt a little proud of that even if her face had most certainly been healed from the day before. Camp administration was also with them to day. Chiron didn't so much sit as stand at a table, and another slightly haggard man. Alexander pointed him out. "That's the camp's main councelor and benefactor, Dionysus the god of wine." After pointing him out Alexander started to eat.

While she scanned the crowd, she did find Zavior his bright golden eyes stood out in the early morning light almost like they were glowing, sitting comfortably in the Hermis cabin area. Surrounded by several others. clearly talking to other campers having an uncomfortable appearance though he gave a wave. Alexander noticed her looking around and traced her eyesight and blinked for a moment. "You looking at another ghost?" He said lightly joking, from his perspective she was looking at an empty chair.

It was understandable, Alexander's reluctance to think about his father in a positive manner. He had been missing, no one had bothered to tell him... It had allowed a lot of animosity towards his father to grow. "Yeah..." It wasn't even like Briar was his biggest fan either, but without Zeus, would there have been Alexander? She smiled softly as he tried to give her confidence, it was sweet and quite litter all Alexander. He liked to build people up, provide encouragement; it was what marked him as a leader, at least in part. However, Briar was almost positive that while the Pegasus might scare him, the rest would somehow come a bit more naturally. "I bet you do way better than you expect. Don't forget, horses can smell fear" she teased him with a wink.

Settling into breakfast, she looked towards the man Alexander mentioned. Nodding some, she began to eat as well. While she did, she had sought out Zavior; her eyes finding him, she had smiled, only for Alexander to lean in and joke about her seeing ghosts. Looking at him she looked back to Zavior, frowning slightly as she ate. Rather than asking aloud... You can't see a bright blonde hair boy with bright golden eyes? Maybe 16? If he couldn't, then that meant he was a ghost right? One more peg for her being freaky.

Sighing, she went back to her food. Seeing dead campers wasn't going to win her any friends, but she didn't want to ignore those she could see either. How often did they have a chance to talk to anyone, while stuck on earth? It made her wonder how one got stuck, rather than heading to the underworld. She'd seen shows on TV that have dealt with such things, movies too... But she wondered exactly how much was correct. Like ducking a reaper or unfinished business. Vengeful spirit seemed out…

It dawned on her then that he had been talking to others... Were they all dead or could they hide from view? The sun wasn't even high in the sky and Briar's head gave a painful throb. As breakfast drew to a close she promised to meet up with Alexander in a minute before heading to Zavior, snagging an apple on her way. Smiling, Briar tilted her head to one side "Can I ask you something that might sound crazy?" She smiled shyly, hand rising to the back of her head. “Are you a ghost?” her voice was lower, trying to avoid stares if she was indeed just talking to thin air.

Alexander shook his head no, he didn't see the boy she was pointing too. Even when he had the description of the boy in his head he couldn't see it. Who you gonna call? He thought back to her slightly amused before going back to his meal. Seeing a ghost was one of those things that was a little to expected of his big sister, and not something he was going to stress about. If she had made a friend it didn't really matter if the boy was alive or dead. Alexander may have been making a bit of light of the situation but he was observant. He could see the other people at the table who seemed to talk to the space she had indicated, and there was a plate of food left out for someone at the seat, but the person was invisible.

When it came down to it he was a little worried for his sister, he wanted to see her flourish here but the new power wasn't something that he could help with exactly. He couldn't even see the kid. For now he would just go on ahead to the archery range and leave her too the investigation of her mysterious friend.

When Briar approached Zavior gave a wave. Acknowledging her, when she asked the question quietly he chuckled a little. "Nope, not a ghost why do you ask?" He looked confused for a moment, and a few people at the table looked at Blair with equal amounts of confusion as well. "Zavior's not a ghost." One of the girls said with an amused chuckle, but for the most part they settled down, and Zavior got up to walk away from the table with Briar.

"I don't usually come to meals, I usually wait till there are less people and eat during mid day, but um yeah, I'm not a ghost. So what brought up that question." He looked at Briar with genuine confusion written across his face unsure what was going on.

Snorting softly as she rose from her seat she shot him a look, playful annoyance on her face. Shut up! Though, the joke had been funny.. She had the same fears that Alexander had. Coming into her power was good, but it wasn't what anyone would call normal. True all demigods at some point should inherit a gift or two from their parents, most of them were common. Others would have had them, or have had them in the past. As far as Briar knew, there was no other god than Poseidon with her father's penchant for not bearing children. There had only been Percy in recent history, that being the last god only knew how long. But he was the son of one of the not terrifying big three. Hades was well scary to most.

When she asked Zavior if he was a ghost, her blush deepened at his response and the answer of the other girl. Biting back a sigh, she followed him away from the table. "Well, it seems I can see ghosts and well, Alexander couldn't see you..." She frowned some and reached up to toy with the end of her braid. "So, well, if he couldn't see you, it was my first guess." She smiled shyly. "I just sorta started being able to see ghosts yesterday, so I am not sure when people I see are or are not ghosts"

It would have been easier if it was clear that ghosts were ghosts. They didn't seem to shimmer, they were not transparent, they were not cold. At least, not from her one experience thus far. Perhaps in time she'd be able to distinguish them from the living... Or she'd just seem crazy as she talked to nothingness. "I gotta run, I have archery" She sounded about as thrilled as she was. "For what it's worth, I am really glad you're not a ghost!" She smiled at him brightly and turned to leave.

Jogging off, she looked behind her once to wave at him before rounding a corner. Slowing as she neared the gathered group she moved to Alexander's side. Here, even now, she wanted to lay her head on his arm... She liked the comfort the closeness offered. Not a ghost whispered softly as she listened to one of the older campers, a daughter of Apollo. "Hi my name is Eldora" Her voice was rich and it called for attention as the chattering around them fell off. "I am a daughter of Apollo, which means I guess I know how to shoot" The warmth in her voice softened her features. Eldora's long, golden hair rippled in the breeze as her green eyes took in the motley crew before her. "Those who are familiar, grab a bow and move to the second set of targets. Those new to me this rotation, stay here and we will get you a bow and start teaching you the basics!"

More than half of the group sectioned off to start their practice with perhaps five or so staying with Alexander and Briar. "Alright, so this isn't the easiest thing to learn, but I know you guys will learn fast!" A smile was offered and she motioned to everyone to grab a bow.

"Oh he couldn't see me..." Zavior didn't seem all that perplexed or confused by that confession. He chewed a lip for a moment. "Well that's really cool about your powers." Clearly he knew more about this than he was letting on but also quickly darted away from that subject. "Have fun at Archery, If you need me I'll be at the crafts area." He said quickly ducking away from the conversation. He quickly darted away from the table as well. One of the girls who had spoken about Zavior. walked up to her before she could fully retreat to Archery.

"Zavior is an... Oddity around the camp. He should be the Hermis cabin's counselor but he passed over the position he has been here the longest of any current half blood. He was raised here a little after he was born, no human or godly parent he's become a bit of a permanent resident in the Hermis cabin, but the mysteries around him never seem to end. He's an honest kid, but well... being raised in a camp year round isn't exactly easy." She sighed. "Still he seems to have taken a liking to you. So if you need anything just ask. I'm Kylie the Hermis Cabin counselor." The only people who had been here longer or would know about him would have been the staff, or people like Percy who had already left the camp.

Alexander was already working on stringing up the bow when she arrived, and confirmed that Zavior wasn't a ghost. Alexander was just a bit confused thinking about it. He could see the table had been set out for the person, but he couldn't see anyone in the chair he had looked right at the spot she had indicated. 'Questions upon questions in this place'

There was a definite difference in the starting group and the others who had wondered off. New campers arrived to this place all the time, but there really was no common age range around who could participate. The youngest in their group was around the same age as Zavior 15-16, with Briar on the other hand being the oldest in the group, even though Alexander was the tallest. Once Alexander had taken a bow he walked to a white line drawn along the grass the shooting line for the targets that had been put about 20 feet away. Alexander lifted the bow, knocked the arrow to the string and pulled back. "Okay lets see how this goes."

The wood creaked and groaned at the tension, as Alexander pulled on it. taking a wide stance as he did and continued to pull back he didn't realize that the bow was a light fifteen pound bow. The wired string that held it together couldn't cope with Alexander's pulling strength, and instead of releasing the arrow the entire thing snapped and exploded in Alexanders hands a piece of wood smacking Alexander across the face cutting him just under the eye. "Um... Do you have a stronger bow?"

Briar came up short as Kylie approached her, the girl who had chuckled at her. It hadn't been malicious and Briar offered a shy smile. Her mind was puzzling over the fact that he didn't seem... surprised in the slightest. She would have to ask him about it later, but she didn't want to chase her first friend away in... goddess only knew how long. Just listening she learned a bit more about Zavior and in turn about Kylie. She was sweet it seemed and Briar smiled nodding. "It's nice to meet you Kylie" Her voice was warm "I know I can't likely offer much yet in return, but if you ever need me for anything?" The offer was shy, to be sure, but it was clear Briar was being honest. Despite her scary parentage, Briar was quite sweet. Alexander knew this and now, perhaps Kylie got the same feeling. "I gotta run. It was really nice meeting you!"

When she came up besides Alexander, Briar was still smiling. Picking up her own bow, the task of stringing was not so easy for her as it had appeared to be for Alexander. She was still trying when she heard the bow in her little brother's hand snap. Gasping she looked up and as if in slow motion saw it hit him just under his eye. Dropping her bow, Briar grabbed her bandanna that she'd shoved into her back pocket this morning holding it up to the cut on his face.

Eldora was there just as quickly, shaking her head with a smile on her face. "Should have known. Yeah.. I can grab you one of the advanced bows" Looking to Briar she winked. "Hold that there, face wounds bleed like a sonofabitch" Nodding Briar stood on tippy toe holding it. Others turned to look at them and she blushed. Maybe you should hold it. Before she wouldn't have thought twice, but now that she knew, Briar was unable but to wonder if others could see it. She was being stupid... No one else could see it. Right?

When Alexander took over for her, she pulled back and looked to her bow. It was... strung. Blinking, she looked around. No one had been near it. Okay, so.. I know you were like bleeding and everything.. but did you see anyone near my bow? Something told her it was a helpful ghost. The action had been sweet, but if she never learned on her own, she'd never be able to do it herself. It would be like having Alexander do everything for her. It was why Briar had learned to scale counters at a young age. It had not been unusual to see her jumping from the island in the middle of the kitchen to the counter near the fridge to reach things out of her short arm range rather than ask Alexander.

Coming back, Eldora held several bows in her hands. “Try one of these.” She seemed chipper despite it all.

Alexander let out a low groan of pain for a moment as Briar pressed the bandana to his face. He kept blinking trying to make absolutely certain that the splintered wood of his bow had completely missed his eye and that his vision wouldn't be affected. The sting to his face told him that the cut was light, that it hadn't been too deep, but even a scratch could scar. When Briar asked him to hold it, he did so, but sent back a message of his own. How bad is it? Do you think it will scar?

He didn't really want his face to be fucked up for the rest of his life, but the morning air stung so he kept his hand clutched to the bandana. At the question about Briar's bow he shook his head. "No I've been a little preoccupied." He said checking over himself one more time dabbing away at his face as Eldora came back with a new set of bows. "Thanks for the first aid." He said adding his appreciation to the mix. It was a bit embarrassing really.

The entire event made him blush a little, not just from the initial touch or seeing Briar having to get so close to him to touch his face, but rather he had promised that he wouldn't allow her to be a weakness, that he would accel wherever he could and yet the first thing he does is shatter camp equipment and basically make himself look like an overly strong idiot. So no he hadn't been focused on whom ever had strung up Briar's bow rather he had been more focused on trying to play off the pain he was in from the cut, as well as making sure that he was actually okay.

taking the bows he was a lot more careful in trying each one this time, trying to find one that didn't feel like it would break in his hands. In the end he went with one of the heavier oaken bows, a 70lbs draw weight, usually it would take an experienced marksman to hold onto that, but for Alexander it was entirely because it was the only bow that didn't feel like a plastic toy, pulling on the string actually gave him a feeling of resistance. It wasn't perfect, he would have preferred something perhaps a little heavier, but this was the heaviest the camp had on hand.

When he stepped to the line for the second time, he made sure to be at least six feet away from everyone else, including Briar not because he wanted space but because if anything went wrong with this bow he wanted to be the only one at risk of being hurt. I seriously have no idea how to aim this thing, and I don't want to risk shooting you Briar so could you put one of the other kids between you and me. It was perhaps a little cruel of a joke, but it was also a sincere truth, he would much rather accidentally shoot a complete stranger than take a risk at accidentally harming her. Knocking an arrow and pulling back the tension for a second time he felt more stable this time with a wide stance, but when he loosed the arrow it sailed clear over the target and into the woods beyond. There was a sharp chirp from the woods, and alexander looked mortified at his own hands. Shit I think I hit a bird.

Can't tell, too much blood. Though, Briar thought he might look handsome with a scar. Smiling some she nodded, stepping back. The fears or worry that Alexander felt, she didn't. She took the breaking of the bow as just something he didn't know. But he was learning, right? He knew he was strong and didn't break most things normally. When in his eighteen years would Alexander have had a chance to pick up a bow before now? It wasn't like outside of a summer camp that was a normal activity and they had never been to one. Briar was still just as proud of him. It also distracted her from the fact that her bow had strung itself. She'd need to learn how to later tonight and Briar added it to the first of likely many things she'd need to know.

She took some practice shots though, while he looked over the bows that Eldora brought back. She hit the dirt, the hay and was aiming for a third time when he spoke through her mind. Releasing the tension she looked around; for the most part, no one was doing much better than she was. That was a relief at least. Her laughter trailed down the line, bright and loving, but she moved back with the guise of getting more arrows. It put several bodies between her and him, keeping her safe. She had known it to be a joke, but Briar knew hurting her wasn't something he would want to do. If she could help take that off his plate of worries, what harm was there? That and she didn't think he'd hurt anyone else either, she had far more faith.

The thought and the look on his face made her heart ache. I will go look, okay? She didn't wait for him to respond. Vanishing past the targets and into the woods. He had indeed hit a bird and she shut him out firmly from hearing her thoughts. Touch the bird, λίγο θάνατο. Little death, it was the name her father used... There was no doubt who was speaking to her, the rich, sighing words reverberated with power in her skull. Pulling the arrow free she tossed it deeper into the woods and picked up the bird. She didn't know what kind it was, but it's raven feathers held rainbows within.

Cradling it's prone body she gasped as the wound healed before her eyes and it sat up in her hands, a sweet little chip coming from its beak. Saying a silent thank you to the gift her father had allowed her to borrow for Alexander she opened the path between them and let him see through her eyes, the little bird in her hands. It was hard to hold the image in her mind, so she let it fade. He seems alive to me. Perhaps you just scared it? It was a lie, but one meant to protect her little brother. He had killed it, but it was no longer dead, so at beast it was a half truth.

Letting the bird go she rose and headed back to the archery shooting gallery. Carefully arching away from where others might be shooting for her own safety. Coming back up she picked her bow up again. How is your face?

Alexander thought it was a little weird when she went radio silent, those moments where she shut him out made him a bit confused and scared that he had really harmed something. Unlike breaking a woman's nose because they had insulted his sister; the thought of killing a bird made him fairly nauseated. So there was a sense of relief when she told him the bird was alive, he had to close his eyes for a moment to properly see what she was trying to show him. But seeing the bird in perfect working order within her hands made him visibly relax. I'm not a murderer.

Now that he knew his shots could over reach the limits of the range he would have an easier time adjusting his aim lower so that he could avoid making the same mistake again. When his sister came back to view he smiled at her grateful that she had gone and found the bird for him. She asked about his face and he shrugged. It stings but it's not painful if that makes sense. He had tied the bandana over the lower portion of his face to make a mask that hid the cut, and also kept some amount of pressure on it. Hasn't stopped bleeding yet I don't think.

Drawing his bow back a second time and keeping his focus much lower than he had the first time he kept his stance wide like they had been shown and when he loosed the arrow this time it hit the target, well the white board of the target at least, with a crack of splintering wood. When he was able to go retrieve his arrow it was broken, the strength of his shot had caused the arrow head to drive past the barrel of hay and shatter against the hard wood board on the other side of the target. "I don't think I'm well suited for archery."

"Either that or I am extremely well suited to be an anti tank archer." He said with a sarcastic roll of his eyes. "When working with this equipment it all feels like plastic to me, like I'm handling a nerf toy, but then I see how much damage I can inflict... and I'm kinda scared."
He was talking to his sister, openly about this, because he wasn't just looking at his sister he wanted Eldora's opinion on it too. "How about you have you taken a shot yet?" He asked her curious for a moment, and gesturing for her to take the range. "I'm curious to see what you will do."

And that thought alone as it traveled between them was why she was so thankful she'd been able to hide the truth from him. The death of the bird would serve nothing other than to hurt Alexander. The small white lie would save him that pain for a while at least... If a war really did come there might be no saving him from that forever. Not even a little. He could have that small gift of her lie for a little while longer.

That made sense, the fact was it was still bleeding. She wasn't worried, though she thought it would be unlikely that it wouldn't scar. Briar listened as Alexander spoke, but she had nothing to offer. With practice and the strength he wielded, he could be deadly with a bow. More so than others, depending on the strength. The force of his arrow could perhaps pierce armor, which would be valuable for war. "Like I said, you might need a custom bow. Not many here have your strength. Though, in battle that strength would likely aid your rather than hinder you" Eldora's voice was matter of fact. "Though you will need more practice. I will also see if I can find a better target for you too" They'd need one.

Blushing she looked to Alexander and sighed. She didn't want him watching, or Eldora. She would have been okay being horrible at archery forever. "Okay" Lifting her bow, she inhaled and held her breath as she released the arrow, exhaling as she did. How did she know that this was at least the proper way to shoot? Movies mostly. They all said the same thing. She missed still, but had come a little closer. She was at least now making it to the target rather than her arrows hitting the dirt. "That's not bad. How did you know about controlling your breathing?" Eldora was curious and Briar flushed once more. "Brave?" Her answer was clearly embarrassing.

Eldora looked confused. "The movie? Princess Merida" Briar prompted and Eldora shook her head. "It's in a lot of movies" Briar shrugged, explaining. "I figured if a lot of them say the same thing it might be true." "Ah, well that makes sense I suppose" She came up and helped Briar find the correct pose, something Alexander had seemed to know without being told like she knew the breath technique. After a few moments, she helped Alexander and then after a while she moved on to the others. All they needed to do to be free was hit the target. Alexander was free to go technically, though they had a bit of time before switching areas.

Alexander laughed a little when she said the reason she knew how to shoot was because they watched Brave. It was a small innocent chuckle but honestly her shots were improving. He knew he was free to go, she had told him not to show weakness, to leave her behind when he was ready to go. He certainly didn't want to continue breaking things, and being clumsy with the bow, but at the same time letting go of his sister after she had gone and found the bird he had startled, it felt wrong. When she said that she had learned to breath by watching Brave he cracked for a moment he couldn't help but laugh at his sisters explanation and how it hinged around one of the movies they had watched growing up.

Will you be shootin for your own hand? His voice echoed into her mind, but he made no effort to leave the field even though by all accounts he had been dismissed at this point. He was however still giggling a little bit. "I don't think the people around here get too see a lot of movies." Even in the cabin they had been sharing that was constructed to be the most modern and livable their was no T.V. and no computers, the two of them had their cell phones but they had no cell tower to connect to, which meant no wifi or data so they couldn't even watch youtube.

It actually brought up a few thoughts he had been worrying about like news from the outside world, or finding out exactly where they were. Eldora actually helped confirm one of his worst fears by saying something to his comment. "There is a VHS player in the big house with a few movies."

Video Home System, seriously we are going to live in a place that doesn't even have a DVD player, we are going to die without ever seeing another blu ray. It was a sort of strange idle panic when he realized that this camp existed in a time and space out of synch with the rest of the world. Not just because it was warm in the midst of October and they were only wearing T shirts and pants. So many infinite questions raised in the matter of seconds. He breathed out a heavy breath as he came back to control himself tone down his surprised reaction. "I guess Hades is the only one who keeps up with the current trends."

Your breathing is good, and you have an eye for the target, you need to draw the bow back to the tip of your smile when your shooting that will help you line your shots better.
As he thought about it he was trying to give her advice, but he wasn't really sure how he knew the physical aspects of archery so easily. He always seemed to have a natural attunement when it came to athletics.

Her giggle trailed down their link and she answered, the warmth of her sweet voice palpable. Maybe if I am going to be forced into marriage, I can ask for the right? Though there was a strangeness that followed, an almost longing the though that she cut off. She didn't want just anyone and the man she'd want she couldn't have. Who exactly in the world could live up to Alexander? It was more than his physical prowess, kindness or even his leadership. She could likely find one or aspects of both in another, but it was other small things. Like when he was working on a problem, the way he concentrated on it. Or the shyness he had when he wasn't great at something.. even his smile and the way his eyes seemed to light up. No one could even be all of that and it would be unfair to compare them to him. Lucky that's some way off, huh?

The idea of no real technology made her heart ache. She could live without TV, but there was something about curling up with a good movie or hell, a good e-book. Their cellphones work if they didn't want to connect to anything, making them as useful as a paperweight in actuality. "That sounds horrid" She wasn't addicted, but technology made life a bit easier or provided entertainment. "What.. kind of movies?" Briar was even unsure what some of the last movies were on VHS... When did they stop making them? Had she been alive in the land of VHS? This is a tech black hole. You'd think they'd want to keep in contact or something...

When he mentioned her father she nodded. "Seems so." She understood it to a point, but Briar felt like they were handicapping their demigods to a point. They could have built something truly amazing with the technology they were turning their back on, which could be an upper hand in a battle with a freaking Titian. Easily shared data at the tips of your fingers. What did she know though?

Listening to Alexander, Briar tried what he suggested, feeling the tickle of the feather against her skin before letting her arrow fly. The shaft of the air wobbled slightly but hit the edge of the outer ring. Gasping she jumped up and down, far too excited for barely hitting the target. It had been more his tip than anything else. Were you doing the breathing too? She looked up at him and smiled, brightly. You really helped me out. It was then the idea hit her, she would ask Kylie about connecting her with someone to make a bow for him. It would help him feel more stable when shooting, that it wouldn't just break.

"Where next?" Though the moment she asked, her eyes lit up. "Pegasus right?!" The real highlight of her day.

Eldora shrugged. "I think the last one I watched was... who framed roger rabbit?" She said with a shrug. "The T.V. is mostly used when people are recovering from injuries in the big house so there is a small collection, but I don't recall them off the top of my head." It made sense in a way, this camp was all about the physical training, and yet everything here was so out dated. They were learning how to shoot bows and arrows, rather than riffles or the guns of a modern military, they had swords and shields. They were preparing for a Spartan War, not a modern one.

Alexander actually shook his head when she asked if he was using the same breathing technique. I completely forgot about that kind of thing, controlling my breathing and all. I just brute forced it. Like most solutions in his life alexander had just put more strength into it till something worked. Probably why his arrows had all been so over powered and traveled so far in distance. He would do better to remember the breathing and too calm himself the next time he was at the archery range, maybe it would help him get closer to the center of the target.

When she asked what came next, and saw her face light up his own body seemed to shiver in fear. She was right. "What's the plural of Pegasus, Pegasai? or is it like moose where the plural is just moose." He tried to deflect his fear of horses and larger animals with a bit of light banter. However he did reach out and quietly pull back his sister who was about to abandon the archery field. "Not so quick there Briar, your forgetting. we got to take this stuff back to the Armory."

It was a walk past the armory unstringing the bows and returning them along with the used arrows to the armory storage, looking over everything he paused for a moment as he looked at the wrack after all was said and done. "That's weird." He pointed at the wrack. "We're missing a bow." There were two empty slots among the wrack. One would have held the bow that Alexander had shattered into a dozen or so pieces, but the other was a much heavier type of bow a seventy pounder like the one Alexander had been using. "Our group was the only ones who checked out bows, and this was a beginner class, no one else should have been using a heavy bow like that." He gave a concerned look to Eldora who just gave a shrug.

"You two should go on to your next lession, I'll look into the missing bow, it's my responsibility." She reminded the other two campers. Alexander looked a little concerned, but the next stop for the two would be the stables, and not even a mystery could apparently stop the horrible fate of having to deal with the dumb bird horses.

Back
Top Bottom