Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Damsels and Dungeons

xavierrol

Old Dog, New Tricks
Supporter
Character Threads

OOC Discussion

The City of Yartar was still teaming with life as the business of commerce began to give way to the somewhat more relaxed business of whatever happiness the denizens could find or afford. It was a cross roads town, largely catering to either the caravans going east and west, or the barges going north and south. Most cargo simply passed through the town on its way to or from greater cities and markets. However the modest produce of the Dessarin Valley would begin its journey at this regional hub of transport. The valley was blessed with fertile soil and a hardworking populace that added more than its share of food stuffs and finished goods bringing a measure of peace and prosperity to the land. The kind of place people could raise a family of strapping young lads and beautiful lasses. While mostly human, the occasional halfling and even some elves were a frequent and welcome sight.

This night though, there were storm clouds on the horizon, both literally and figuratively. A late spring storm was sweeping in from the western sea and rumors of disappearing maidens in the valley below Yartar had been circulating since the spring thaw set in. The storm was real enough, people could feel it in the air, so far though the rumors were just that, rumors. From the security of Yartar and the Waterbaron's Shields of Yartar, it was easy to dismiss such grumblings as bored milk maids looking for a better, more interesting life. Even if there was some truth to them, certainly the fine ladies of Yartar were safe here in the fortified city. One couldn't just drag a screaming damsel off the street without arousing a forceful response. Not that Yartar was without crime by any means, it just required a certain amount of subtlety. The ladies of the Hand of Yartar could pick pockets or slit throats and be long gone before anyone was the wiser. But even they knew not to be too flagrant and were careful not to cause more trouble than a few well placed bribes could soothe.

Beldabar's Rest

"Ah yes Tymora, a worthy patron." Ivan agreed enthusiastically as he seemed to hang on every word coming from Ixana's soft red lips. Lars crossed his arms over the chair back in front of him. "Tymoran coin is as good as anyone's, if you can get them to pay up." He didn't look optimistic about such a plan but made clear that his loyalty lied pretty close to his coin purse. He began looking towards the door as she mentioned Steelshank and her references.

"Look no further miss, I will pledge to you my sword arm in front of the Tymoran priestess and surely she will trust in your plan as strongly as I do." Ivan again seemed all in with whatever Ixana wanted to do. Lars gave a bemused laugh at her idea of using the captives as allies. "Had they much along the line of 'capabilites' they wouldn't be captives now would they?" He seemed to bring a cold shower of practical logic on the niceties of any plan the enthusiastic young beauty had to offer.

As Ixana, scraping the bottom of her optimistic barrel apparently, mentioned the burnishing of reputations, Ivan looked at Lars for perhaps the first time. "Couldn't hurt to have a few ladies look your way for a change." He said with barely concealed vanity, still conscious that at least a half dozen ladies in the inn had been watching Ivan. Lars gave him a look that might well have melted him before turning his eyes back onto Ixana's breasts before lifting them heavily to catch her eyes. He held up his fist and raised his index finger as if signifying the #1. "Equal shares of whatever plunder is there." A second finger rose next to the first. "You leave this irritating boil behind." He nodded towards Ivan as a third finger rose. "I get my choice of the best of the captives for myself, you can free the rest if you want and I won't claim your friend." Sensing that third condition might be just a bit too far for the idealistic lady he offered an option. "Or, you and I can negotiate other terms back at my room when we are done here." His eyes fell back down along Ixana's body.

Last edited:
The Barge

Hearing the orc leader planning to kill the driver, Lydia sighs. She racks her brain for some way to argue for the driver's use to the orcs, but doesn't come up with anything promising. She could Message him and tell him to play dead - then Minor Illusion an arrow into his side ... but the orcs would surely look for the attacker, and the illusion would wear off before the driver was safe. She probably couldn't even get him a head start, not more than a few feet anyhow. And they were seven orcs and he wasn't a spring chicken.

She could duplicate Grull's voice, tell them he changed his mind ... but Grull would hear it too and just countermand it. She could make the driver look kind of like an orc, a short, squat one anyhow ... but even they weren't dumb enough to be more than briefly fooled by stranger-orc-out-of-nowhere. And of course, the driver himself would probably be just as confused as they were and squander much or all of the distraction value. Again, a few steps at best. And in either case, Grull would know magic was at work, and his ire would turn to her.

Well, she tried anyhow. Or more precisely, she considered trying, which is much the same thing. Lydia's conscience isn't exactly an enormous obstacle.

While being carried into Grull's room, Lydia takes the opportunity to twitch her hands, causing an illusory gag to appear in her mouth. She lets them bind her wrists, protesting with only a "Mmf mrrrmr hrm!" to sell the fake gag.
1d20+2 = 11 (success!)
Wriggling her way out of the bonds after a few moments, Lydia glances around the room. She collects everything that looks like laundry and gives it a quick insta-cleaning with the Prestidigitation cantrip - many an apprentice's favorite cantrip, rendering a lot of 'slave' chores into trivial tasks - before arranging the clothing neatly and looking around for something to serve as food.

Assuming she finds anything, she starts setting out a light meal for Grull when he arrives at the cabin. If there's sufficient quantity of alcoholic beverage, she pours herself a glass and sits down, sipping lightly at it with her feet up on whatever passes for a table in the room, as she waits for the ship's master to arrive.

Beldabar's Rest

"I see." Ixana listens politely as Lars lays out his terms. She takes a moment to think it over. There's something ... odd about Ivan's hanging on her every word. But with Lars clearly stating he expects to be able to sleep with the rescued women - willing or not ... well, Ixana's trust level in the bearded man plummets. Sure, he offered an 'out' clause. But even ignoring the unwholesomeness of his alternate terms ... to have even proposed such a deal in the first place raised serious questions about the man's moral compass.

And besides, if part of his price is Ivan doesn't come, then choosing Ivan and having Lars not come isn't really much of a step back, is it? At that point, her only reason for picking Lars would be if she couldn't trust the less-demanding Ivan at all. And while Ivan was odd, Lars had just openly given her reason not to trust him with the victims. She wasn't sure her own virtue was completely safe with the rather attractive Ivan around, but at least she was more comfortable bargaining with her own self than those of the rescued women. And it wasn't like Ivan needed to attack young women ... Ixana herself feels a bit off-balance under his smile.

Her head turns towards the shaggy Lars, "It is unfortunate we were unable to see eye to eye on this, sir, as you seem quite capable. But I do thank you for your time, in any event."

Stone Road to Captivity @Ironuyh

"Look at 'dem titties will ya Peg?" Zug nudged the other goblin who had been staring more at the priestess' fine round ass than her tits. "I'm gonna do more than look." Urt replied as the three goblins surrounded the bound and stripped priestess in the back of her own cart. The greedy little goblins could be quite industrious when properly motivated and they soon shifted the villages vital supplies to suit their carnal desires. Despite Tabitha's strength, her bindings and being outnumbered three to one made her attempts to resist futile. Not that they didn't appreciate her struggles, giving them all the more opportunity to grope her curvy body as they wrestled her into position. They bent her over several bags of beans meant to feed her village but for now positioned her ass at just the right height for a standing goblin.

Forcing her head down they bound her long red hair to one of the cargo anchors so she couldn't lift her head or see where they were going. "Gonna be a long ride missy, might as well make the best of it." Peg said with a wicked laugh as Tabitha could hear and feel them jockeying for position at her exposed backside. After much pushing and shoving she would get a sensation of three small faces all around her privates. Tongues began to probe her delicate pink folds. "Damn that's nice." One commented as he spread her inner lips wide before running a hot tongue along the length of her slit.

A small but insistent finger began to probe the rose bud of her rear opening. Toying with her briefly before spitting on her rear and beginning to poke into her. Two small hands reached down and began playing with her prodigious tits. They were too much for his hands, spilling over them even as he kneaded her soft flesh greedily. "Just say the word if you want us to stop." One of them called as the rest laughed at the gagged human priestess who was about to become a goblin fuck toy.

White Winged Griffon - Private Room

Nareen smiled with delight as she discovered how ticklish the cute little elf was. With her arms bound as they were she would be at her mercy. She loved how it made her cute little body squirm against the snug bonds of rope and highlighted her helplessness. The sneeze caught her by surprise but seemed to delight the elf who she began to suspect might have something to do with it. They rubbed noses as Nareen felt another sneeze coming on. She tried to turn and tuck her nose into her elbow as it hit, her heavy breasts bouncing lewdly before the elf's face as her body contorted to the sneeze. "What have you done to me?" Nareen asked with a mix of amusement and concern.

Aerendyl attempts to nuzzle Nareen's chest while she was distracted by her sneeze. "Nothing~" She giggled out. "Maybe you're just allergic to cutie Elves~" She purrs, leaning down to suckle at Nareen's tit. Rubbing her ticklish nose against it, she shook her head to clear it. "And if you are, I'm certainly not complaining~" She added looking up and batting her eyes flirtatiously~

@ChrisGabriel

Yartar Cart and Barge - Hand of Yartar Guildhall

The alchemist smiled at the elf-girl's poise. Betty didn't think she'd manage to appear nearly as carefree under similar circumstances. She certainly couldn't imagine suggesting more oral attention, at least not while there were so many onlookers. Glancing quickly over her shoulder, the redhead cast a curious glance at the Mistress, if only to reassure herself that this current course of action was acceptable.

"Perhaps elves are put together rather differently to other folk," Betty wondered. The slightly flustered alchemist rose, just letting her body graze Tathariel's frame. "But when I calm my breathing, it helps me not to clench."

As though to emphasise her words, the redhead traced a surprisingly rough finger down the smooth surface of the elf's stomach. The digit dipped lower, just reaching the soft curls guarding the captive elf's sex. Without warning, she grasped hold of her captive's backside, digging her fingers into delightfully round flesh and calming its pert ripeness.

Her breath was hot against Tathariel's cheek, their bodies crushed together, trapping Betty's fluttering finger between them. The coarse material of the redhead's dress ground against sensitive flesh for an instant before her lips lowered to the elf's throat and softly caressed, tongue lapping languidly against the exposed pulse.

"Mmmm," Betty all but groaned, "I'll have to invite you round to my laboratory, assuming you get loose from this contraption before the Mistress decided she should keep you for herself."

Yartar Cart and Barge - Hand of Yartar Guildhall

Betty was doing all kinds of interesting things to the upside down tied up elf. Gasping a little at the fast and hard attentions, Tathariel replied in a much huskier voice. "Get out faster or keep entertaining our hosts... I think I have time to do both, Child of the City." She was waiting for the move when the redhead would start using the toy on her, as it was intended. Hopefully she would stand in front of her, so Tathariel could then nuzzle Betty's legs and whenshe freed her hands, she could catch the human woman and surpise her - even better if she could get to her under her clothes. Tathariel planned to surprise everyone with freeing her hands and uncovering the girl's posterior to the room, while she lifted her face into the hopefully fresh pussy. It would then the work of her hands on that ass and her tongue coaxing Betty to stand in a wider stance...

The Barge

Heavy orc footsteps could be heard on the deck all around the barge as orcs used long poles to cast them off the river bank and into the river itself. Grull stood using a large oar to steer and help propel the boat enough to navigate in the slow but steady current of the Dessarin River towards Yartar. Once they were underway, things settled down a bit, at least for a little while as Lydia made her preparations at trying to seem useful. There was a fair amount of salted pork and dried fish, not fine cuisine by any stretch, a couple of bottles of not quite aged long enough wine were also found in the small cabin. As Lydia sat and sipped the wine, such as it was, she would begin to hear orc voices near the back of the barge.

"Quite a sweet treat you got there boss?" One said, his voice dripping with flattery and sycophancy. "You used her good, yes, but how about some scraps for the gang?" Another asked, careful not to sound too much like a challenge but obviously eager for their share of the piece of loot currently making herself comfortable in Grull's cabin. Grull, though not one for contemplation, was still somewhat troubled by what happened in the carriage. Not that it hadn't been about as much physical pleasure as one orc could take, but he somehow felt as if he had been the one violated. It did little to put him in a generous mood, feeling like he wasn't quite through with the sexy but tricky half elf. "Not till I'm through with her." He growled, of course what he experienced and the illusion she had crafted for them all, put them in two contradictory points of reference. To the crew who only saw her illusion, their boss had used her within an inch of her life. Grull on the other hand, knew, or thought he knew the truth of the matter.

There was much general grumbling and dissatisfaction, a few orc terms Lydia may not have heard before were used in more hushed tones. Finally more footsteps at the back of the barge. "You used her plenty, we want our cut now." This time the voice was low and sinister and there followed some sounds of violence, crashing of heavy bodies falling on a wooden deck, a blade thunking into wood planking. Finally there was a loud splash and a scattering of footsteps. Given that orcs were notoriously poor swimmers, the splash had a certain finality to it regarding the violence on deck.

Unless Lydia were to risk opening the door in the middle of an orc fight, she would only have two small portholes with which to try and see out. There would be little she could see of the violence on deck. But she would be able to observe an obviously feminine shape ( @skyfetcher ) on the river bank, not far off but probably missed by those fighting on deck.

The Barge

Lydia sips from her glass, listening to the tumult outside. Hmm, interesting.

The situation was likely to benefit her. On one hand, after being challenged to the point of violence, there was no way Grull could back down now – his authority would collapse entirely if he crab-walked in the face of insurrection, probably instantly. Humans or elves could make a peace offering. Orcs … as far as she knew, they didn’t even have a word for “harmony”. Which meant she wouldn’t have to worry about the whole gang getting access to her before she had a chance to thoroughly twist the war chief around her finger.

On the other hand, Grull could – in theory – lose the challenge. But in that case, the new chief would want her for himself first, and she’d just have a weaker, less leadership oriented orc to deal with. That should make manipulating him even easier.

Regardless of the outcome, the gang was certain to be down one orc. A vacancy was something she could use when presenting her argument.

She does peer through the portholes, trying to see if she can figure out which orc came out on top – or if more than one went into the river. Hmm, there’s a woman on the riverbank. Lydia wondered if she’d have the good sense to depart before the orcs brought the barge in her direction. If not, it was likely the non-leader orcs wouldn't have to wait too long for their prize.

Beldabar's Rest

Lars shows the first hint of a smile through his thick beard as Ixana thanks him for his time in way of a dismissal. "A slave collar will look good on that pretty little neck of yours, who knows, I might buy you myself." He says before draining his second tankard and slamming it on the table, ale dripping from his beard as he takes one last look at Ixana's cleavage. He stands and walks to the bar, slapping another coin down for yet another ale as he listens to stories from a couple of washed up adventurers though he continues to stare menacingly at the attractive warlock.

Ivan's arrogance seems to swell a bit as his competition is banished. "You made the right decision, he was going to be nothing but trouble." He said, his voice taking on a supercilious quality as his eyes return to Ixana's. "Now then, how do you want to go about this? A frontal assault or a bit more subterfuge?" He seemed quite keen to know how exactly she wanted to go about releasing her friend. "Do you have any allies? I may be able to make a few, introductions if you feel we need a bit more stealth."

Back at the room Nocknoss was just putting the finishing touches on a great set of
wrist binders, just the right size for Ixana. He tested them several times (though they were a little big on him) and then waited for her to return. Waiting is something that hyper-imaginitive gnomes don't do well. He kept playing with the binders, then started to think about infusing some magic into them. It would be easy to do, if he had enough time. But what sort of magic?

The Barge

The door finally opened and Grull was there, his left forearm bleeding from a poorly thrust dagger but he seemed to ignore the soft patter of blood dripping onto the floor. He took one look at Lydia and reached behind him and grabbed another orc by his scraggly hair. "Why isn't she bound and gagged?" He hissed, his blood lust from the challenge still raging in his veins. He didn't look like a creature that could be easily soothed at that moment. His teeth bared as he looked at her as if ready to unleash untold violence upon her. He was in no mood for her trickery. The struggling orc in his grip had no explanation, of course he hadn't even been one of the orcs sent to bind and gag her but wrath and justice had little correlation in orc to orc dynamics. He thrust the other orc away from him in disgust then turned back towards Lydia.

"Time to finish my business with you and give the gang their turn." He said as he moved towards her, the other orcs making themselves scarce, at least for now. His fist flew quickly towards her but instead of striking her he gripped her face with his calloused green hand, effectively muzzling her to keep her from speaking. Practically lifting her by her face he pinned her against the bulkhead wall behind her. His free fist went to the top of her dress, ready to tear it down from her tits to her belly button.

But then a shuffle of feet and a hushed voice. "Boss...boss...new slave alone on the river bank." Grull froze for several heartbeats. Whoever said 'One in the hand being worth two in the bush' was clearly not an orc. For the moment at least, greed overcame lust in Grull's mind. His hand fell away from her dress without any damage. "Stay outta site, we got just the bait we need." He said without looking towards his crew, his calm, almost calculating tone perhaps more frightening than his rage to some. He kept his hand over her mouth and leaned in close. "You gonna use them clever words to lure this one in, or you will entertain the whole gang tonight." He told her, spelling out her options in a way he thought she might well understand. Only then did he release her and casually grabbed one of the neatly stacked laundry items, knocking the rest down in the act, and apply it to his bleeding forearm.

East of Yartar; Land View of the Barge

Jenine hadn't slept at home for some time. The travel from town was just long enough that it was simply practical to stick around for a few days at a time; now it was time for the human brunette to take her leave of local intrigue and 'retire' to the country if only for a little while. If the place didn't get burned down, she thought with a tired sigh. She was all about a little excitement, but as much as her fantasies by rights made the recent news spark something in her bosom, the reality was that her place had probably just been burnt down, and she was in for cold, dull nights. Even if not, there were always leaks and the age of the place that made it a touch less pleasant year after year.

But, at least the journey was pleasant. The grass was green, the wind was cool and gently swayed her dark strands of hair, and the water just off to the side was a pleasant sight... marred only by the somewhat bland craft out in the water. It caught her eye for a moment,; the interesting figures aboard and tehe commotion that took place quickly were just barely out of her notice. By the time she'd settled down on a log, crossing her legs and staring wistfully at the gently swaying flowers just a short distance away, there was nothing to look at. She peered at the boat, imagining it was little more than a trade vessel with crewmen about as bored as she was. Wouldn't that be a nice pair. Sure, she had standards, but the rough and rogueish type did the job, especially if they indulged a few of her fantasies... but even if they were up for play, she doubted it would even go that far.

It drifted closer to shore, remaining uneventful as she threw a glance at it once in a while. For the moment she was staying put, unconcerned by the possibilities it held until it offered something interesting. Perhaps in a while she'd move on... or she'd see where exactly they would land. She wasn't directly at the edge of the water, rather a short way in. Her flowing white skirt and brown blouse stood out enough.

It's definitely coming in. Her interest was piqued. What did she really have to lose... it was signs of life. A band of brigands to take her away, another unsavory bunch with hopefully devious intent... she was getting ahead of herself, and so she simply watched with her face in her wrist. Blinking, yawning. She had sleep, but she didn't exactly feel energetic today. If that changed remained to be seen. Anything had to beat table shift in the wee hours of the day.

East of Yartar; The Barge

Lydia lets Grull orchandle her. Not that she has a ton of choice at the moment.. She is just resolving to pretend to enjoy it when the other orc interrupts. Well, that's useful. Lydia wasn't a big believer in fate, but she did believe most people ignored opportunities several times a day. And that sometimes even if you didn't have a viable plan 'wait and see' wasn't the worst substitute for one.

When she is released she breathes for a moment, "Of course, chief. I am here to help you." She checks herself quickly to make sure her clothes are presentable. Honestly, had she more time she might lower her apparent station. Lydia di'Arramont's normal fashion was a bit higher than 'river barge'.

So, there were two ways to play this. First was straight - well, reasonably straight; by her standards - and deceive the woman into coming on board. Second, if that seemed likely to fail, was to jump in the river and swim off. She honestly hadn't recalled the tidbit about orcs not swimming well until Grull's most recent misadventure had pointed it out. But Lydia had no such qualms, and if she was unbound on the surface of the barge, with all the orcs inside, that was extremely viable. Indeed, had Lydia *actually* wanted to escape, this would be plan 1. But Grull and his orcs could help her with a problem. And Lydia wasn't yet ready to give up on that.

Putting on one of her patented smiles, she heads out to the deck of the craft. Leaving her fur cloak, she steps out in her mint green vest over ice blue and ghost white top. Brushing back strands of her striking sangria hair behind her pointy elven ear, the woman calls out, "Hello there! Fair eve to you, madam. I hope it finds you well!"

East of Yartar; The Shore by the Barge

The barge was certainly coming closer... and while it was a little bigger than expected, it was matched by being, well, a bit shoddy. It was thus a shock when the vessel produced a figure, a female, fine figure of stature that seemed a fair bit higher than her own at a glance.

Now what is a lady like this doing on a dinger like that, Jenine mused. It was nothing if not interesting at least. She squinted. Pointy ears, the dress... was there no chill on the water? Granted, Jenine hadn't even bothered with her own cloak, but still. A curious lady. A lady calling... to her?

Though mildly educated, the human brunette hardly mastered the art of fine speech. It wasn't terribly necessary, after all. But for this one she would give it a try at least...

"Fair eve to you," she called back in a tone of mild bemusement. I don't need to yell, lets see... picking herself up and lazily catching her skirt at the edges, she took a few strides closer to the water. Not quite on the edge of the rocks, but at least in more reasonable calling distance. "Forgive my directness, but what does a lady like you seek from a serf like myself?"

Serf, now that's pushing it. Still, she wouldn't be one to brag, and unless she was dealing with a bandit queen, this woman surely had some station. Be nice if it was, get me out of chores... she thought half seriously.

Serf? Interesting self-description. While of course few could escape their class, it was rare for it to be so openly acknowledged, at least for the inferior ones.

"Has the caravan passed this way yet? You'd know the one - 32 wagons Everlund-bound out of Yartar." 32 wagons would make quite a noticable trail, and anyone using the nearby Evermoor Way would indubitably spot the evidence of their passage. If, of course, there was such evidence. Which would require the wagons to actually exist. But Lydia wasn't exactly lying - she was asking a question.

Not that Lydia had any problem with lying, of course. Which she proceeds to do.

"We were supposed to meet them two hours ago a league upriver."
Lydia jerks her thumb in the direction of the west, away from town. "I begin to suspect all may not be entirely sanguine."

Crinkling her nose, Lydia pretends to consider the options. It was clearly mystifying, a 32 wagon caravan would have quality guards. What bandits would attempt to hit that? Certainly no ordinary group. Which would put the young woman at risk. If, of course, they had actually existed.

"Your horse is, I hope, blessed with the celerity of hoof to see you safely home, yes?"
Lydia was fairly certain the peasant girl didn't have a quality steed. Likely not any at all.

"The caravan..." Jenine mused. She hadn't exactly followed the main road out, at least for parts of it... but the trail hadn't been far off. She'd have certainly heard it.

But she heard nothing, not more than the usual light travel she'd largely tuned out. She shrugged at the lady on the boat. It wasn't as if it was safe to bypass those groups, but she wasn't exactly the safest lady... although she'd certainly 'paid' well for a companion once. "That's unfortunate," she mused. If such a caravan had been ambushed, she'd have surely heard it... likely some delay was the cause, or it happened somewhere before or after her beaten path. An ambush like that would be rather obvious. She'd wonder if some war had struck. All beyond her humble attention.

"I'm blessed with a steady path," she replied vaguely. Boots, knowledge of every path coming this way, and hardly a penny to her name saw her by. She stared at the lady on the boat innocently. What, are you looking to pick up a stray? The thought was far more unsafe than carrying on her journey... but it all came back around, she wasn't the safest woman. "Are you from around here?" she asked with a slight tilt of her head. She wasn't familiar with elven-folk or the caravan, but that didn't mean much. She did mind her own business most of the time...

The barge gets a little closer to the shore.

"Yes and no. I've been arranging business up in Luruar - I'm sure you've heard how it's collapsed thanks to the orc war. With the dwarves pulling out, we're having to build new supply lines from human lands into the region, and Yartar is key to that aim. Therefore my company will be dramatically expanding our presence in the area. As you no doubt can imagine, the security of the Evermoor Way is key to our efforts."

It's even true, albeit a bit wordy. But while she was speaking the barge approaches ever closer.

Now that the woman on shore was nearer, Lydia looks over the woman. Hmm. Soft. There's definitely some material to work with here. Of course, doing so suggests the stranger would have to survive an orcish gangbang -- but Lydia could keep Grull out of it, and with the reduction in gang size, the other woman would have a marginally easier time of things.

I do hope the poor thing can hold out long enough that I can establish control here. Orcs were not the easiest to break in, but Lydia was confident in her skill. All she needed was time. Then she could see to it the strange woman was treated properly. Perhaps a nice golden collar, and a long black leash. She could smooth the woman's dark hair and murmur songs of peace and rest to her ... assuming those fool orcs hadn't lost her lyre. Though that wasn't likely. It was gilded and in a chest of finery that practically begged "Loot Me". Lydia was no priestess, but she wasn't without her abilities to sooth battered flesh and soul for a cooperative pet.

"I am Lydia di'
Arramont of House Arramont."

She gives the other woman an opportunity to respond with her own identification, should she choose to.

"I understand this particular conveyance may be underwhelming, but it does keep out the winds. If Yartar is your destination, it offers shelter, a break from ennui, and we have lessee ... pork, fish ..." Lydia's head tilts slightly to the side as she considers, "... well, enough warm meat to fill even the most ravenous of bellies. And safety from any shore-bound threat that might well exist out there. It's why I sent my own carriage back to Calling Horns and embarked on this ..." she glances down at the barge planking, "... vessel."

"If you're interested, of course."

Grull had the orcs stay out of sight, he angled the barge so that two orcs, could use their poles to push the barge ever closer to their quarry while standing on the far side of the cabin and cells. They wore hooded cloaks in case the girl got a glimpse of them, they would appear like large men, not unusual for the task of poling barges all day. Grull looked at the poles as they reached the bottom of the river, they were in shallow enough water that even if Lydia tried to escape they could reclaim her. They didn't swim well but they could certainly wade, the girl on the bank might get away, but he would keep his prize. But Lydia seemed convincing, though the talk in common was a bit fluffy for his liking but he managed to get the meaning of her ploy. He smiled, she was a clever bitch, that much was sure.

Lydia was free to walk up the near side walkway along the deck of the barge to better communicate with the lass on shore. Along the way she might see her traveling chest, securely, if not neatly stowed among other seemingly (in the eyes of orcs) valuable pieces from her carriage and other exploits. Grull worked silently from the rear of the barge, staying out of clear sight but keeping a watchful eye and ear on Lydia. Turning the barge slowly so that when the time was right, his orcs could get a good running start to go for the girl on shore. They would take her by force, as was their usual method, but Grull wondered if Lydia ever so talented tongue might convince the girl to walk right up the gangplank for them.

Beldabar's Rest

Letting Lars depart without commenting on his uncouth manner, Ixana reorients herself in Ivan's direction. And a pleasant enough task that is, her smile turning from polite business to a dreamy, contended thing. "Such gruffness did not bode well for his treatment of the rescuers, but you, sir seem more interested in their welfare."

There was something still a bit odd about Ivan's intensity on the specifics of the plan, but she figures a few details wouldn't hurt. She glances around to make sure prying ears are not present, before continuing with lowered voice, "Indeed, sir, we have arranged to be transported to their very stronghold. My associate, a master binder whose savvy and prowess are matched only by his shortness of stature, will be demonstrating several of his crafts. The intention is for you to accompany him as his bodyguard. I will also be in attendance as his assistant, to help with the demonstration. Given my situation and my associate's small size, the miscreants will not consider either of us threats. Of course, you will be a different story, but surely they cannot refuse a master artisan a single bodyguard."

It was a fine plan, even if Ixana did say so herself. All it required was two loyal companions with pure intentions, a little gullibility on the part of the guards, and a dash of luck to find Lo'anta and the other prisoners before the ruffians could respond in force. Strongholds were designed to keep people out, not in, nor were they much use against internal threats. True, it would be better if she had an actual floorplan, or a location of the stronghold, or a size of the force, or really any information at all. But those were just details. Common sense said the place should crack like an egg once they were caught off-guard from within.

Ixana brushes a bit of blonde hair out of her eyeline.
"So, I know you are a dashing and gallant adventurer. Anything else a lady should know about you?"

Beldabar's Rest

Happy to have the pretty blonde's undivided attention, Ivan moves in closer, their knees brushing as if by accident. "Yes the welfare of those poor missing young ladies in the prime of their young lives and fertility, we must do something to help them." He was happy to tell Ixana whatever it was he thought she wanted to hear at the moment she wanted to hear it.

He listened with interest as she laid out the basics of their plan. With a bit more secrecy, or at least the checking of references for those she considering hiring for the key role of bodyguard, it might have even stood something of a chance. A small chance, but better than laying it all out to a total stranger who saw her notice in the Fishyard. "Seems a fine plan, I am sure all eyes will be on thine beauty as you demonstrate the latest in binding technology." He offered up in way of building her confidence up in her plan and his part in it. He was truthful at least in the fact that all eyes would be on her as she was bound and taken into captivity. She would fetch a high price, that is if she even made it up on the auction block.

As she asked about him he looked down for the first time, seeming to be too modest to talk of himself, though his eyes did linger on her body for a moment or so before looking back into her eyes. "Well not much to say really, after my village was burned down, my parents murdered, my dog dying, and myself taken away into slavery; I vowed revenge upon the world. As I grew up, the hard work of a slave honed my body into what it is now and I escaped by beating 3 men with my bare hands. I was taught to use a sword and other weapons by some itinerant monster hunters who taught me to fight but also how to look out for those less fortunate than ourselves. Since then I have been travelling seeking adventure and injustice. Maybe some day I will meet that perfect woman to adventure with until we decide to have a bunch of kids with straight teeth, unblemished skin, and perfect hair." He gave her a shy smile, as if he had just bared his soul to her.

Beldabar's Rest

"I ... oh." Ivan's tale of woe takes some of the wind out of Ixana's sails. Not that she considers such an over-the-top story might be slightly on the exaggerated side. Her hands reach out to snatch up Ivan's hand, leaning forward a little, which certainly doesn't hurt the view from Ivan's higher perspective. "You poor thing!"

Her fingers squeeze his in sympathy, "It is difficult to believe there can be such misfortune in the world." Her eyes cast downward, saddened by the tale, "But you'll soon have your chance for revenge -- perhaps not against the ones who did ... that ... but some people with very similar plans!"

Had they been seated on the same side of the table, she would have slid closer, and let the poor man cradle his head on her shoulder. But alas, they are not. And indeed, such a somber topic of discussion would normally kill small talk. But Ixana isn't one to shut up easily. "So ... this perfect woman of yours. Let me guess, a pirate, twin scimitars flashing as she plunders your heart!"

Ixana may have subconsciously armed the pirate woman with scimitars. And she's still clutching his hand too, unless Ivan has re-appropriated it.

"Right," Jenine nodded absently. Every word in explanation admittedly made her a touch distant; it wasn't hard to tell her attention between it and when Lydia introduced herself were at odds with each other. Hey, I read books but I don't work businesses... The very concept of currency was flexible to her when she'd achieved a good deal using more 'direct' forms of exchange.

Introductions though, that kept her mildly piqued. Fancy name. She never quite understood the repetition, but anyone with a proud streak seemed to indulge it... little Jenine, well, her name carried too little weight to ever consider flaunting it. "Jenine, m'lady." She performed an acceptable, if mildly sloppy curtsy. If the woman aboard was any form of nobility or rank was rather irrelevant... she'd perform out of courtesy, for it was not her place to be terribly curious about the circumstances of her apparent betters. Not unless it meant something for the lonely wench.

Lydia's offer made her pause. Her pupils flicked to the wider vessel, noting the signs of life within. Nothing terribly unusual, if possibly interesting for entertainment's sake unless the lady employed prudes... she really didn't need the help. Could be fun.

The argument of safety was meaningless; it was as safe for her to board the vessel of a not-quite-human business person who could make her vanish as it was to simply rely on her own knowledge of the admittedly treacherous at times road. Even the promise of admittedly tempting meals didn't quite do it. No, what did it was the simple convenience of shorter travel time... in all probability, it meant she wouldn't have to exhaust herself making good time before dark. Or if it did, it would at least be a means preferable to simply cleaning the tavern and being chastised for expressing herself.

"Well," she started, again glancing at the vessel. Dinky... "Not Yartar miss, but perhaps a little while if making a stop would not trouble you...." she shrugged and kicked at the dirt. The barge drew ever closer. It was mildly interesting when she thought into it, but the worst case idea of being indentured into the service of an unsavory noble was something she could work with.

Not Yartar? That was a bit of a surprise, but whatever, Lydia could work with it. "Fair enough. And a stop is no trouble at all. Go ahead and hop on board, I'll have them get started on the preparations for dinner."

Lydia walks along the barge's edge, opens the door into the interior and peeks at one of the hooded orcs, speaking quietly. "You, she's coming on board. Come lower the gangplank. It'd be unusual for a lady to be so eager as to participate in manual work. I'll try to stay between you and her, but be ready to catch her if she does spot you."

Plark the Shifty gives the elf woman a blink with his golden eyes. He scowls a bit in the direction of Gnosh Rock-Head. "Why me? Why can't he do?"

Lydia points out, "Because he's seven feet tall." She didn't have a measuring tape, but Gnosh certainly fit the 'big stupid one' prototype. Well, all the orcs did, but Gnosh *really* did.

"Ha ha. You small, Plark. Go work!"

"You shut up, Rock-head!" But grumbling he moves in the direction of the door.

Then, Lydia relocates near the edge of the barge, screening the orc's path from the woman on the shore. A hooded figure moves from the door behind her to lower the gangplank for Jenine to board.

Beldabar's Rest

Ivan's eyes struggle to stay focused on the pretty blonde's as she leans forward to take his hand. His peripheral vision revealing the excellent display of cleavage but he knows his noble warrior act will suffer if he spends too much time ogling Ixana's great tits. But as she fawns over his story he decides it is worth the risk and will simply seem as if he is being sad. He takes in an eye full as she squeezes his strong but not overly calloused hand.

He had hoped her sympathy might be followed with an invite to her room. He was beginning to feel in need of something a bit more than small talk but no amount of woe inspiring tall tales seemed to shut the perky blondes mouth. His mind was already imagining more creative ways to shut her up. But that would have to wait, at least for a while.

He smiled at her pirate fantasy, as he finally looked up from an eye full of cleavage. "That sounds very nice." He said with a smile as his face drew closer to hers, his eyes looking deep into hers in an attempt to create a scene where they couldn't help but kiss. He pulls her hand to his bare chest as if to be nearer his heart, she can feel his well defined pecs and detects a slight hint of lavender.

Back
Top Bottom