Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Damsels and Dungeons

xavierrol

Old Dog, New Tricks
Supporter
Character Threads

OOC Discussion

The City of Yartar was still teaming with life as the business of commerce began to give way to the somewhat more relaxed business of whatever happiness the denizens could find or afford. It was a cross roads town, largely catering to either the caravans going east and west, or the barges going north and south. Most cargo simply passed through the town on its way to or from greater cities and markets. However the modest produce of the Dessarin Valley would begin its journey at this regional hub of transport. The valley was blessed with fertile soil and a hardworking populace that added more than its share of food stuffs and finished goods bringing a measure of peace and prosperity to the land. The kind of place people could raise a family of strapping young lads and beautiful lasses. While mostly human, the occasional halfling and even some elves were a frequent and welcome sight.

This night though, there were storm clouds on the horizon, both literally and figuratively. A late spring storm was sweeping in from the western sea and rumors of disappearing maidens in the valley below Yartar had been circulating since the spring thaw set in. The storm was real enough, people could feel it in the air, so far though the rumors were just that, rumors. From the security of Yartar and the Waterbaron's Shields of Yartar, it was easy to dismiss such grumblings as bored milk maids looking for a better, more interesting life. Even if there was some truth to them, certainly the fine ladies of Yartar were safe here in the fortified city. One couldn't just drag a screaming damsel off the street without arousing a forceful response. Not that Yartar was without crime by any means, it just required a certain amount of subtlety. The ladies of the Hand of Yartar could pick pockets or slit throats and be long gone before anyone was the wiser. But even they knew not to be too flagrant and were careful not to cause more trouble than a few well placed bribes could soothe.

On the Stone Road

Tabitha would manage to keep her mouth free of the elf's probing hands. However, her prayers of buffeting the enemies away form her only come to a finish as her arms and legs are locked away by the shackles. Her prayers reach, and a small shockwave would ring out [Rolled 13+4(WIS)=17] to knock the goblins and the elf away from the Priestess. Her smile comes back from her success, only to turn to a grimace as she ineffectively crawls away, unable to run with her limbs shackled up. The spell, while able to clear the way, is not too harmful, and so the goblins and Ada would find it as only a temporary abatement as Tabitha tries to crawl away to little avail.

Aerendyl felt her nose tickle as they started approaching the door of her room, squinting her eyes to try and clear it, she twitched her nose to relieve the itch for now. "So um... I know it isn't much, but um... right now it's home." Aerendyl replied as she opened the door, her wandering gaze slowly and shamelessly shifting to Nareen's rack. "Feel free to get comfortable~" She let out, tearing her gaze back to Nareen's face. "I mean if you want, it may be awhile to hear all your confessions." She teased with a wink. "hhhnngg." She let out before suppressing the sneeze

Well, another one lies in rust.

Stepping out of a disappointingly uninformative tavern, Ixana Comorran runs down a listing of places of interest in her mind. Where might she find information on that sigil? She had been at it for hours now. Well, two hours anyhow. If you rounded up. Yet still the symbol hung onto its secrets like a kraken on a particularly fat cargo vessel.

There was the Fishyard, of course, but the sigil had been found away from the river. Merchantmen might well have spotted the insignia before, but caravans on the Evermoor Way were more likely the sort of merchants that use trading houses, not operating stalls in the market.

She had been to the Pearl-Handled Pipe already, and word on the street was Three Rivers was a place to avoid. Not that rumor would keep it off her list forever, but it could certainly drop it to the bottom. Two places made sense for her to try next. The Wink and Kiss was most promising, given its reputation. Surely some of the unsavory elements that frequent the place would know something about local kidnappings. But that reputation was also a bit concerning for a young lady of quality. The stories about the types of things that went on there!

No, she’d prefer not. Not yet, anyhow. There was still this Whitewings place. Bit of a pesthole as Ixana hears it, but that meant coin would go a lot further there in the loosening of tongues, and the low class of customer probably meant it was the go to place for people who lost belongings coming down the Evermoor Way. If you got accosted overland and fled for your life with just the gear on your back … yeah, Whitewings was the sort of place to fit your budget.

Ixana heads in the direction of the rundown old establishment, starting to whistle a little tune, before feeling guilty about being cheery when Lo’anta was in some kind of serious trouble and stopping. On second thought, it’s not like whistling was going to slow down any potential rescue and it didn’t cost anything, so she begins again. Though, on *third* thought, it could attract attention, so she stops. But then again, didn’t she want attention? She needed to find out what happened to her ranger friend, and if that meant getting noticed by someone who might know what was up, that was only a good thing! With fresh resolve, she brushes a lock of golden hair from her azure eyes and once again starts whistling.

Ixana continues in this vein most of the way to the White Winged Griffon, a light tune sliding - intermittently - from her lips.

@Ahlanna

White Winged Griffon - Common Room

Nocknoss was grateful for the diminishing crowd as the day began to wind down in Yartar. At nearly 4 foot tall, he was big for a gnome but all but invisible on a busy, human filled street. He had a very productive day as he had not only found much of the story behind the sigil, he had found a way in to potentially rescue poor Lo'anta. In fact he wore a copy of that very symbol on his cloak as he made his way to the White Winged Griffon. He was exhausted and would simply have to find Ix tomorrow as he couldn't imagine where she would end up. Nock's choice of the Whitewings, as it was called locally was a bit more pragmatic than his erstwhile party companion's, he was cheap. Technically, he tended to spend his coin on materials and supplies for whatever gadget he was making that day, which often left little for niceties. The artificer spent gold on magic and mechanisms like an addict on silkroot. So he was both surprised and elated to find none other than Ixana Comorran right there in the common room. Though if he were honest with himself, he was so infatuated with the shapely human, he was almost always elated to see her, among various less wholesome emotions. Though he often felt the beautiful young lady of quality, barely knew he existed. But this was his chance to be the hero and he felt a little jolt of extra confidence as he scrambled up onto the chair next to her.

"Fancy meeting you here! I'd about given up finding you before morning but here we are." He said with a smile just before he ordered a warm ale and whatever 'the lady' wanted from the dreary looking owner. Once the old man left to get their drinks he pushed the shoulder with the sigil forward, "look familiar?" He asked, his sense of pride growing as he began to tell her how he had looked about the various smithies in the city. "Thens I see one where theys is makin' shackles as plentiful as horse shoes." He looks around to make sure no one is eavesdropping on them. "So I's show em how quick and nifty I can make da locks and next thing I know I gots meself a job." He is practically beside himself with glee, leaning in close to keep his voice down, with the added advantage of placing his small face that much closer to Ix's ample cleavage.

He paused as his ale was delivered in a pint that he struggled to lift, opting finally to just tip it as it sat on the table and let it pour into his mouth, spilling a fair amount on his face and the table. He wiped it on his sleeve then came in close again. "I got a plan to get you in and together we can rescue Lo and get the hell outta here." He offered, eager to play the hero but wondering just how keen she would be on his plan once she heard the details.

Fishyard - Yartar Cart and Barge

Betty greeted Haliyra with genuine affection, but politely refused the offer of refreshment. It felt important to treat the meeting as purely business, rather than an opportunity for gossip. The redhead described what had occurred, as much to get things straight in her own mind than to inform the young thief. It seemed certain the Mistress would want the story first hand, but it did make the waiting less intolerable.

"A charming elf approached my stall," she began, once they had both taken their chairs, "at first I thought her just a simple, (though delightful), fish. But all through out conversation, her hands spelt out messages in some variation of the cant. So I wanted to ask the Mistress whether this elf was a sister or if I could treat her as just other, (rather toothsome), mark."

At the Guild Mistress' sudden appearance, Betty leapt to her feet and bowed gently in recognition. She knew Ms Coin was dangerous, but couldn't quite put her finger on what about the woman gave her that impression. No matter, the alchemist was certain that she was much better off keeping on the Guild's good side.

After the brief but otherwise enjoyable hug, Betty repeated her story, explaining once again that she felt it important to make sure Tathariel wasn't protected somehow and that she was effectively seeking the Guild's approval before taking any further action.

It came as an unwelcome surprise when Ms Coin began to talk off the recent abductions. Although that turned quickly to relief when she was offered the Guild's protection. Betty was, however, left wondering at just how much the wily Guild Mistress knew. When the conversation turned to alchemy, a lot of the tension seemed to fade, even though the questions were certainly loaded. But despite any trepidation she might feel, the chemist tried to make her answer as full as possible.

"It is a relatively simple matter to strengthen a potion meant to aid those who have difficulty sleeping to the point where it will induce slumber in even the most vigilant of individuals," Betty began, rapidly warming to the topic, "but to charm another's senses would be much less straight-forward. Much as my love philtres only enhance what is already present, such potions would perhaps, at best, disinhibit the drinker, in much the same way as alcohol. To confound someone's reason would require a powerful brew and some very rare ingredients. I fear magic would probably remain the more viable solution, although I seem to remember reading somewhere that elves and their kin are resistant to such enchantments."

This time, Betty didn't refuse the offer of refreshment, taking occasional scalding hot sips between overlong sentences, while being especially careful not to knock over the crockery with her erratic but enthusiastic explanatory gestures.

@Illven

White Winged Griffon - Private Room

"Far better than having to sleep on the street." Nareen said gratefully as she slipped into the room and avoiding being in the line of fire from the elf's next sneeze which she seemed to fight down with some effort. "Isn't there a spell or anything...for that?" She asked as politely as she could manage. The human could almost feel the elf's eyes on her pale breasts, making her little charade so much easier.

At her host's suggestion she undid several button from the tightest part of her dress, just below her breasts. They didn't fall so much as they seemed to jump forward having been released from their constraints. Facing the elf she braced herself for the next sneeze but again the elf seemed to be getting control. "I hope my confession isn't too boring for you, I really am a good girl, well most of the time. My beau back in the village, well you know how boys are and I tell him and tell him we have to wait, but he has needs you know." She went on as if confessing a mortal sin. "So you know, I help him out from time to time." She made a lewd gesture with her hand and tongue. "All girls do that don't they?" She asked as innocently as she could manage. "But when I'm alone, and I, you know, touch myself." She paused for effect, watching the elf as she reached down and plucked another button loose then let her hand slide downward towards her nether region, but only briefly. "I think about other girls, though I never even so much as fantasized about an elf. Until now."

Aerendyl smiled back. "If I were a stronger priest, I'd be able to wave a hand and magic it away." She explained. "I.... I mean if it were a disease and not allergies." She added. "But um... as an acolyte priestess, I can only help in the treatment." She explained, before her jaw dropped as Nareen's breasts were freed. Wolfwhistling, she listened to Nareen's -horrific confession~- "Personally, this girl's never done that." She let out a teasing grin, neglecting to mention just why she had never touched a guy before.

She stepped up to Narren mesmerized as she removed more buttons. "Then I guess it's fitting, when I'm alone I think about curvy, gorgeous, buxom humans~" She purred closing the distance and kissing Nareen tenderly, her hand going to the small of Nareen's back and pulling her close, blushing as she felt Nareen's chest against hers.

Hmm. Pesthole is right.

At first Ixana hadn’t even placed the White Winged Griffon as she moved down the street (at this particular juncture she was not whistling). No doubt, she had seen the pile of rotting timber and rusted nails – it was as smooth on the eyes as sandpaper in a dust storm – but mentally she had assigned it more to the ‘abandoned warehouse’ category than ‘provider of comestibles’. Could they really have a kitchen in such a place without it burning down? Perhaps the mold acted as a flame-retardant.

Well, no help for it now. Besides, distressed and down-on-their-luck was what she was here for. She just hadn’t expected it to be quite so … yeah.

Be nice. Surely the proprietor is just going through some tough economic months. Or, you know, decades.

Sweeping through the entry threshold, her blue eyes survey the common room, surveying the various persons unfortunate enough to be taking their meal at the establishment. Politely removing her jaunty hat with one hand, she turns a little - almost hanging it on the non-existent rack by the door. An act that would have been totally successful if, in fact, there was such a rack. Oh, they must have a coat check counter, then. A human and elf woman were taking the stairs as she entered, Ixana gives a polite nod of her head in their direction, blond ponytail swishing slightly at the motion.

The best place to look for rumors was - of course - at the bar, and her gaze turns in that direction, taking in the puddles of spilled fluid, rusty fasteners and a largish stain of indeterminate, and yet still questionable, nature. And that didn’t cover the characters present.

Right.

The best place to look for rumors was - of course - that table over there in the middle of the room. Away from anything that may be growing on the walls, though Ixana had some doubt the support beams would prove substantially more hygenic.

Of course, first she must greet the proprietor or his representative. It was basic courtesy, of course. That sour looking fellow behind the bar was the most likely candidate, and she discretely dips into her coin purse to extract a few coins in advance. Evidence of payment rarely hurt with innkeepers, after all. Risking health, perhaps sanity and almost certainly sanitation, Ixana makes a brief approach to the bar, sliding smoothly across the floor with a tapping of thick-soled boots, before fixing the man with her azure eyes.

“Fair eve to you, sir, and pleasant greetings. Might I inquire as to the availability of yon …” torso turning just slightly, her left hand unfolds in the direction of the central table, “… table? I find myself fresh in town and needing of a place to sit a moment. Perhaps an ale. Two if it wouldn’t pose a burden.” Her right hand also discretely opens, holding a reasonable price.

However, her vast experience with the world leads Ixana to believe a reasonable price for a table and a few mugs at a low-end inn to be about … 1 gold and 2 silvers. Little wonder the other members of the Steelshank Company had handled the negotiating when it came to price. But they weren’t here now, and Ixana was. It’s unclear if the proprietor of the White Winged Griffon has a favorite sort of customer, but naïve noblewoman wouldn’t be an unusual place to start the listing.

Assuming the gentleman consents, Ixana favors him with a smile and nod, depositing the coins on the bar before taking one step back and turning to stride for the rented table to await the delivery of the beverages.

Oh, hmm … she didn’t see the coat check counter. Well that’s sort of awkward. She sets her hat down on the least scummy looking bit of the table and slips into the seat. Right about that time …

“Oh! Hello there, Nock!” She was wearing one of the gnome’s favorite outfits, though given Ixana’s predilection for keyhole necklines and their relative heights, that probably included a most of her limited travelling wardrobe. Entirely apart from the substantial cleavage, the crimson cloth at the base of the outfit was silky and vivid, the corset curvaceous, and the booths thigh-high. And while it wouldn’t be exactly accurate to say her armor was for show and not protection, it certainly made sacrifices for the former. If there was one thing Ixana knew, it was that presentation always made a difference. Causing a split second of hesitation in one’s opponent was worth the effort, as was the disposition improvement among various others met on the road. Besides, Ixana mostly dodges and blocks in combat anyhow. Armor was just a small piece of her total defense.

Her big blue eyes get even bigger, “You discovered all that? And so quickly?” Any twinge of guilt at failure on her part dissolves almost immediately in relief that they’ll be able to save poor Lo’anta. Who knew what these strangers wanted with her? If they were commissioning shackles by the cartload here in Yartar it seemed unlikely their intentions were benign defense of territory.

She squashes her instinct to help Nock with the pint. She knew what it was like to always have everyone looking down on you – literally, of course. “That’s good! So you’ve managed to slither your way into their confidence, hmm? Oh, I know …” she snaps her fingers and points one at the gnome, “We hire …” her voice lowers conspiratorially, “… somebody and get them recruited into the group. They suss out the secret location where the prisoners are being kept, and validate their identities. We call upon their friends and loved ones, put together a ...” 'posse' was so prejudicial a word, "... some sort of vigilante group and administer justice most roughly about these villains' head and shoulders."

@Ampere

Yartar Cart and Barge - Hand of Yartar Guildhall

Alma smiled somewhat blandly during Betty's explanation of her reason for visiting, one could almost see the many wheels turning within her mind as she listened to the young alchemists story. "I can't tell you how much I appreciate your being so helpful to us Betty." She said, though her tone suggested she wasn't quite yet fully satisfied. "If I might ask, did she want to purchase anything in particular?" Her question cutting to the cusp of her concern and an element left out by the alchemist, though by design or happenstance, Alma wasn't quite sure. She never liked stories that didn't fully add up, as if some element were a missing piece in a puzzle she had been working on.

The mistress' attention seemed to focus more sharply as Betty discussed the workings of potions. Her own knowledge was more geared to the sort of sleep from which one never woke so she was very keen on the nuances of the girl's more subtle skills. "I'm guessing the alcohol would be far cheaper in any event." She commented wryly as she began to trust the chemist's knowledge and honesty on the subject. When she gave her caution about elves and charms, Alma spoke up to reassure her. "I can assure you my dear the lovely elf is quite safe from us as far as charms go, my questions were more general in nature." She paused as Haliyra brought the tea in fine china, as if it were a ladies social and not a discussion of how to drug and subdue the unsuspecting.

As they enjoyed their tea, Alma added a few points to make clear Betty's understanding of her interest. "As you might well imagine, someone interested in abducting certain individuals in a crowded place like Yartar, might have interest in your services. We would be, concerned, if you were to offer them to just anyone. I do hope you can understand my feelings in this matter." Alma always thought it best to hide her iron fist in the softest of gloves. "As for your elf, if you find her company enjoyable, we may be able to arrange for you to have a bit more time with her." Alma watched Betty's eyes carefully for any sign of reaction to her proposal. "In fact, we may be offering her membership, on a trial basis of course. We have a proposition for her, and yourself as well if you would like to hear it."

She turned to Haliyra "go check on them, tell Samantha we will be there soon." She had stated 'we' as if she expected Betty to join her but just in case she had other ideas, she was kind enough to ask. "So what say you my dear, care to join me for a bit of business?"

@Illven

"I'm sure soon you will be the strongest priestess there is." Nareen flattered her new 'friend', grateful for the confession of her limited ability at the moment. "You aren't missing much." Nareen smiled, clearly showing her own interest in the elf's lovely body. She wasn't sure what secrets the elf held but she wasn't here to interrogate her anyway. "Seems like more than one dream might come true tonight." She said as she kissed the elf back. Her hands encircled the smaller girl, caressed up her back to her shoulders. Her hands then felt the length of both her arms until she found her wrists.

With a rather firm grip she pressed Aerendyl's hands behind her back. She slowly broke the kiss, sucking on the elf's lower lip. "As long as I'm confessing my naughty thoughts, I have one more. I really, want to feel what it would be like to tie you up and do what I want with you." She kissed her again, deeper this time as human tongue sought elven.

@Ahlanna

The owner of the inn was nearly as unkempt as his property. He had watched the newcomer and her fine clothes and even finer body as she floundered about his establishment like a fish out of water. As she spoke her fine words the right hand side of his upper lip quivered as if he were suppressing the urge to snarl at this well packaged, whatever a female buffoon was called. He seemed to get the quiver fully under control as her right hand opened with enough coin for him to throw everyone else out and still come out ahead for the night.

The pleasant sound and sight of the coins on his bar were about the only thing interesting enough to peel his eyes from her breasts as he quickly scooped the shiny coins from the counter before anyone could see them. "Right away Missy." He said in a quiet hiss that pretty much passed for his best behavior. His good fortune for the night enough to even keep a civil tongue in his head as he observed the gnome while delivering their ales. He pretty much ignored the gnome who barely seemed to notice he was already bringing his ale even as he was ordering it. Gnomes were funny folk, inquisitive to the slightest of details but often oblivious to the world at large. "They make a right silly pair them two." He muttered under his breath on the way back to his station at the bar.

"I don't slither Ix, I earned my way with skill and daring." He said to her, trying to preserve his dignity in the face of the young noblewoman's poor choice of words considering his intense fear of snakes. His large eyes blinked slowly as she began to bubble up a plan. It reminded him why they did most of their planning while Ixana was cooking. "We can try that but first maybe we should scout it out, I got a plan to get us in there and then we bust her out if we can while we make our escape." He said, his enthusiasm for his idea brightening his eyes as he talked. "I can set you up as one of the captives, but I set the locks on your restraints so you can slip out of them when ready. You get in, free yourself, cut up some bad guys while I cover you with a volley of bolts. Easy peasy! Just like old times." He told her, believing that even a bad plan laid out with sufficient enthusiasm might win her over. He skipped over any mention of how 'old times' included their party withering away from 34 down to just the two of them. "Then we can get all vigilante on them once we know where it is and can bring help."

He stared at her a moment, never really sure if she was listening to him. His eyes looked at her but his mind was picturing her bound in the very shackles he had crafted just for her. It was possible, that his plan was a bit too heavily influenced by his desire to see the beautiful warlock bound and perhaps wearing even less than she normally did.

Given her prior spell had little effect on the perpetrators, Tabitha was ready to launch into yet another one, but is instead silenced by the elf. The priestess struggles wholly ineffectually under Ada as she watches the goblin with the gag draw nearer. She would try to put up a fuss to slow them down, but of course, little would come from that. Little could be done as she watched the creatures disrobe her of her simple dress, and the meager undergarments she had left. As she was picked up to be taken away with the cart that would keep her village alive, the Lliiran priestess lamented her fate, wondering how there could be people that could be so cruel without any form of punishment.

The White Winged Griffon - Common Room

“My apologies, Nock!” Ixana knew just how to make it up to him. She wasn’t the most observant woman in the world, but she couldn’t miss the fact that virtually every humanoid male she encountered … and a fair few of the females - had their attention affixed someplace other than her eyes. Indeed, that’s precisely why most of her outfits were so sparse up top. It made convincing people so much easier.

Half turning her torso to face the little gnome, “I forgot about how you feel regarding snakes.” Her arms wrap Nock in an enthusiastic hug, making sure his little face vanishes directly into her flesh as each of her arms provide a hint of pressure to the sides of her anatomy. She squeezes him tight for several seconds, one of her hands cradling the back of his head. “But don’t worry, there won’t be many around. Yartar has a very enthusiastic public development system, upon which it spends heavily thanks to its incentive program for the development of …” She proceeds to rattle off several nearly-relevant facts about the city, most of which she just learned today as she found out everything except where Lo’anta was being held. Only after the probably unheard litany has passed does she release the little guy, straightening back up to hoist her mug, sipping from it as she listens to his plan.

Hmm.” She purses her lips. It’s not the worst plan – Nock seems very keen on it, and enthusiasm is usually three-quarters of success. She can see a defect though, “How do I cut them up without my scimitars? Won’t they take them?” Ixana isn’t completely defenless without her weaponry, but it would make her feel a lot better to have them. “And will they switch your restraints out? I mean, we don’t know where they’re keeping the prisoners. They may have a dungeon. Wall shackles, cell doors, that sort of thing.”

Tilting her head to one side, she snaps her fingers again. And points one toward Nock. Again. “Got it. You’re a … hmm … what do they call a shackle specialist? Oh, I know … a binder! You’re a master binder, and you have a whole array of new designs to show them. That way they keep your work in use for the demonstration. Of course, we’ll need a couple others, too. I mean, you can’t exactly display your inventory properly with only one model, can you? And that way you can just walk the scimitars in. Or your guard can. Of course, a master binder would have a bodyguard. I’m sure we can hire one around here. And then they have their demonstration and oops, we’re able to escape … sorry, new technology can be so finicky! And I can retrieve my scimitars, and we’ve got an extra guard, and you can get in on the bolt action, so we *then* deliver a swift kick of vigilante justice.”

It’s a good thing she stopped hugging Nock during the recitation of what might be charitably called 'the plan', because she just might have smothered him in the process. She grins broadly, “We bust out Lo’anta and the other prisoners, and everyone lives happily ever after. Or whatever.” Well, a lot of the bad guys probably don't, but that was a price Ixana was willing to pay.

The White Winged Griffon - Common Room

Any offense Nock might have taken from the slithering comment was more than smoothed over by his face time with Ixana's wondrous cleavage. She could recite the crop statistics for turnips throughout the valley region for the last millennia for all he cared as long as he was nestled in that glorious bosom. But all good things must come to an end, he was visibly panting to catch his breath as she released him, his face red and his little gnome trousers tented a bit obscenely as he stood on his chair before sitting back down.

"Scimitars, yea you're gonna need them." As much as he wanted her to enthusiastically support his plan without too many off topic questions, he had to admit that was a fair point. It was still a little hard for him to focus so he took another draft of ale, stole another look at her cleavage for inspiration then had an idea. "I know, I can bring them with my tools. I will toss them to you just as you free yourself, they will never know what hit 'em!" He was fairly proud of himself for such a simple solution to her problem and thought maybe another hug might be in order but he was disappointed on that matter. But then she went on talking and suddenly he was making multiple shackles and some whole production, he kind of like the 'master binder' title though. There wasn't anything too crazy that she added. "A body guard huh?" He thought about it a bit, she was the social one after all, not to mention seeming to always have a bit of spare coin about her. "Why don't you work on finding our body guard and I'll get started on your special bindings." He said, eager to see her trying out his latest creations, once he had them done.

"You should probably rent us a room, I'm gonna need a place to work. The barge leaves tomorrow morning just after sunrise, so it might be an all nighter." He tipped the ale again and took some long drafts as he hoped she wouldn't pick up on them maybe needing two rooms. He wondered if he should remind her that the slavers had already hired him, he had no idea how they would take a body guard but he would cross that bridge when they came to it.

Ixana nods contentedly. After all, if they both agreed on the plan it had to be pretty solid, right? “Alright. I’m sure you have some things that will impress them, Nock, you always have such unusually interesting contraptions! Like that clockwork campfire basin. OK, maybe it *was* a little slow, like they said, but it was just a first revision, right? Imagine if the first people who built rafts stopped there, and never made canoes. So there were never rowboats, or ships, or magic powered ships. The whole economy of the Realms would never have happened!” OK, that might have been a bit Sembian of an outlook on things.

“And sure people could sit around all day and criticize rafts, but then nothing ever improves. Besides, it’s not like any of them thought up how to build a raft in the first place, am I right?”

She wrinkles her nose a little at the thought of staying at Whitewings though. “It seems awfully drafty, perhaps one of the ones closer to the Fishyard? There’s even one *under* the Fishyard, if you can believe that. Strange, but it does seem rather an efficient use of land. And it’s big with adventurers, I hear, so probably a good chance to find a guard there. Plus if you need any supplies or anything, the market is right there!”

Ixana doesn’t worry too much about room sharing – after all, they camped around the same fire before, right? She was sure a higher class establishment would have a privacy screen for changing anyhow. Assuming Nock agrees, she heads to Beldabar’s Rest and gets a room – while she overpays, it’s by an amount much closer to the normal price. Once he’s set up in it, she sets about making up a couple “Bold Adventurer Wanted” handbills to display at strategic locations.

Betty frowned slightly at the line of questioning. The alchemist steepled her fingers on the table top while pondering how best to respond.

"Tathariel wanted some advice about medication," the redhead explained carefully, "and, as it was regarding a condition of, shall we say, an intimate nature, but unrelated to our current discussion, I'd rather not share any more information."

The alchemist winced, aware that she probably wasn't helping her case, but not quite able to completely abandon her physician's code. Given the nature of her work, this was, at the very least, hypocritical, not that Betty was in the mood for that kind of introspection.

She tried to distract herself by taking another mouthful of tea, entirely unsure how to proceed. The redhead could almost feel her emotions leaking into her posture and expression, yet she lacked the control to regain control. Just how much did this infuriating woman know?

"I can understand that," Betty agreed, once again struggling to keep her tone neutral, "and I definitely don't want to be a cause of concern."

The Guild Mistress' offer, when it came, was as unexpected as it was welcome. If Tathariel was to be part of the Hand, even on a trial basis, the elf was effectively untouchable. But the offer of work, no, not just work, but business, that was something to be cherished.

"Please," Betty offered demurely, as she rose to follow the Mistress, "I would be honoured to offer whatever assistance I can."

"I bet." Aerendyl agreed in response to Nareen's comment that she wasn't missing much. "Girls are so much softer, and warm, and inviting~" She let out a wide, happy grin. Aerendyl's eyes widened, as her wrists were grabbed, and placed behind her back. "Well~" She giggled seeming to mull over it for a moment. "I.... suppose..... I could let you tie me up, if you smother my face in your chest if I'm a good priestess~" She winked, making a kissing sound flirtatiously~

Streets of Yartar - Warehouse

Tathariel minded her steps, but was curious, so not only asked, but checked for herself. "So, what kind of welcoming surprise this is? I am quite interested in these things... that is one of why I am here. Not much variety in the woodland traps..." Not rushing like a human, she was ready to stay a little on their way. "Unless we are in a hurry? I promise to forget about the right combination of steps?" while there was not a lot Tathariel could learn from only one trap, she intended to check not only the contraption, but subtly the reactions of the woman with her, and any other possible defenses they could have.

After all, she kind of would set it off if not dangerous or wounding, and not too hard to re-set later.

@Ampere and @ChrisGabriel

It didn't take an expert at reading people to observe Betty's careful wording and attempt at evasion of the question asked. Alma smiled warmly at the younger woman's words, deciding not to press the issue any further. She had no real reason to suspect either of these two at this point and besides, a certain amount of discretion is a desirable trait in the kind of operative she needed. She might have been more concerned about Betty's trustworthiness if she were eager to betray her professional confidences so easily. "I have no desire to pry into either of your, intimate, lives and will trust your assurance it is unrelated to my concerns." Alma took a pleasant sip of tea as if to punctuate that part of their conversation was settled.

Betty's further discomfort only assured the experienced guild mistress, she knew she made Betty nervous, and that was just how she liked it. She would think twice before betraying such a powerful and well connected woman. "I'm sure you won't be a cause for concern my dear, your a bright and beautiful young woman, I'm sure you are smart enough to take care with whom you do business." The threat was clear enough, no sense belaboring any unpleasantness.

Alma wondered if the alchemist's ready agreement was driven by her desire to be in the guild's good graces, or was it the intimate nature of her dealings with the elf. Both would be ideal, but as long as the guild got what it wanted, the girl's motivation was of lesser concern. There followed a brief bit of small talk as they finished their tea and Haliyra soon reported back.

Tathariel's guide looked dispassionately as the dextrous elf made her way easily across the traps. She had followed in her footsteps but then her curiosity seemed to get the best of her and she tried to examine the mechanism more closely. The young thief almost winced in anticipation of the trap springing but the elf had managed to avoid blundering onto any of the trip plates concealed in the floor as if she had a sixth sense for such things.

As Tathariel asked about details of the traps, she would detect a slight sense of envy towards the graceful elf. "You are here to be evaluated, not nose about our business. Please come with me." She led her charge to an ornate yet cozy banquet room with a table set for two. At about the same time, from the opposite end of the room Betty and Alma entered. Near the table was a simple yet elegantly designed wood frame with an empty pair of cuffs dangling somewhat ominously from a spreader bar. The position of the frame suggested a form of entertainment for the diners. Rounding out the room was a harpsichord and a few other simple musical instruments.

As Alma and Betty neared Tathariel she gave the elf a charming smile. "Welcome, I am Alma Coin, guild mistress of the Hand of Yartar. I believe you two have met?" She gestured towards Betty, allowing them to get reacquainted for a moment before continuing. "If you are half as skilled as you are beautiful, then I may have an offer for you, if you are interested. For both of you actually, it is something of a package deal, so you would have to be comfortable working together, perhaps even intimately. What do you say?" She asked as she sat down at one of the two chairs at the dinner table and looked to the two of them expectantly for an answer.

Betty is something of a known quantity to us here in Yartar, but you my delightfully beautiful elf are an unknown. I understand you know where, and where not, to put your feet. That is important, but I need more before I know if you are right for this opportunity. Specifically I need to know that you are not shy about your exquisite body and that you can free yourself from certain, entanglements." She nodded towards the frame. "If you are game, I will ask you to remove your clothes, and Haliyra and Natalie will help get you into position (NSFW)for your test."

She looked to Betty "please sit and join me, I want you to help in this part of the test". She set an ornate looking wood case on the table and opened it, revealing a fine phallus shape carved from fine ivory. It included a small projection intended to nestle against the clitoris once inserted. The opposite end had a "U" shaped bar extending outward. She set the device on the table then turned to one of the girls. "A C sharp please." She instructed and the girl hit a key on the harpsichord and a single loud clear note sounded in the room. Almost immediately the phallus began to resonate with the note, vibrating in sympathy. The girl hit the key several more times and the vibrations strengthened before fading away slowly. "A small distraction, makes for a more interesting test, don't you think?." She smiled wickedly at Betty. "If you would be so kind as to insert this particular distraction into your new friend, I can see just how well you two get along." Alma sat back to watch what sort of chemistry her newest recruits had towards each other.

Last edited:

"I am not here to... Well, it couldn't hurt, I assume?" Tathariel had not really thought about joining the mostly city focused band of thieves, but if it would get her to the informations she craved and the opportunity to explore their traps and ways of conduct... It could maybe worth it. Leaving the trap intact and mostly unchecked, the elf followed her guide to the meeting room.

Meeting the alchemist there was both surprising, and not. Tathariel thought that she had connections, but to get both of them here this fast was telling about the future. More interesting was the request. "Naked? Interesting ways to get to know new possible prospects. While I am not against showing off my skills or beauty, but if it is a package deal, maybe lets hear the deal before it. Betty, is it?" she turned towards the girl "Maybe she should be evaluated first? But I do love your room..."

Tathariel did not fully said no, even more, she started to put down her travelling bag, remove her bow and quiver, and even put down her sword belt. Then awaiting the answer, she removed her leather armor too, that also functioned as most of her dress, leaving the elf in something that would be good for a warmer day, and barely modest for a woman to bathe in out in the public.

She was smiling when hearing the harpsichord's note, and turned to check out the frame more. Her sharp eyes focused on the manacles, the locks, the chain, and what other parts was in the two rogue's hands to be part of the setup. "I do love music and entertainment, and if you promise me... us dinner at least after it, I am game, so to speak." finally she would drop her last clothes too, if they insisted on it.

Having a young, nubile body, Tathariel was still lean muscled and almost too thin for a human, but for an elf, it looked lithe instead. Just as hairless except her scalp as most of the elves, she still had a patch of pubic hair, but only as a note, not really covering or being in the way. As she was getting into position by doing a handstand easily, the trained eye could see that she indeed needed the soothing cream, and she surely didn't walked far or rode into the city...

Before her hands was bound too, she put her hair together and tied a loose knot on it as it hang down, to not get most of it on the floor, or stepped on by anybody.

@Illven

As Aerendyl recited the superior virtues of female companionship, Nareen stepped back and slid her dress strap and blouse off one shoulder and pulled her arm from the sleeve. One full globe became visible to the elf, a large dark nipple capping the pale mound. She then shrugged her other shoulder free until dress and top fell to her waist. She returned to the elf saying "I think you are a very good priestess" as she again embraced her. She placed a hand in the elf's pink hair and pulled her face into her bosom. "Like this?" She asked, rubbing her full, firm breasts against Aerendyl's face. She brushed the elf's soft lips with a hardened nipple, encouraging her to suckle at it.

"Let me see if I happen to have a little bit of rope." She then said after giving the elf a taste of her fullness. She did indeed happen to have rope, a fair amount more than one might think a poor village girl might have. "We sometimes need it to cross the great river in the spring." She said as if to explain its presence among her otherwise meager belongings.

Betty gave the wooden frame a sidelong glance, but decided it was probably best not to pass comment. The alchemist had played with restraint in the past, but preferred the feel of far softer materials to that of cold, hard metal. Perhaps fortunately, the appearance of the leather-clad elf completely distracted Betty from any other observation.

"Hello again," the redhead smiled, already wondering whether the elf's presence was happenstance or something more sinister. "Yes, that's correct, what a pleasant surprise."

She moved to sit beside the Mistress and watched attentively as the Mistress showed off her toy. Betty was impressed, both by its ingenuity and practicality. She felt a gentle heat beginning to colour her throat, as a tiny thrill of arousal chased down the young woman's spine.

"I think the test looks difficult enough already," Betty smiled. "Although I imagine your distraction would make being stuck in chains a more enjoyable experience."

The alchemist watched with rapt attention as the elf began to disrobe. Despite the casual manner in which Tathariel stripped, there was something undeniably erotic about the slow reveal of smooth flesh. The clinical part of her mind noticed the chaffing and redness surrounding the other woman's sex, but that didn't stop the heat from rising still further.

Her body wasn't perfect and that somehow made the elf even more breath-taking. Betty's eyes roamed over the smooth curves, occasionally lingering as the redhead took in Tathariel's unearthly beauty.

"Would you mind?" Betty breathed, her voice more husky than she intended. The chemist indicated the elf's injury and raised a curious eyebrow. Without waiting for a response, she dipped her fingers into her cleavage and withdrew a small vial of liquid. "This will take down some of that swelling, without deadening your sensations. It might also add a little lubrication to the situation, just in case that is a problem."

By now, Betty's cheeks were burning near crimson. She was no naïve when it came to such matters, but with a near complete stranger and with such imposing witnesses, the young woman's embarrassment seemed to have reached a crescendo.

"We have few secrets here." Which might be better translated as Alma had many secrets which she guarded fiercely while expecting her guests to have none. "You will need to pass my test before I discuss any deal. But you are no captive here, you can leave, I won't stop you." Alma could see the curious fascination in the elf's eyes and felt fairly secure her curiosity would hold her here more effectively than the cuffs still hanging empty from the frame. "As for our young alchemist, like I said, she is known to us, though perhaps not as well as I might like, but I am confident that will soon be amended."

The guild mistress smiled smugly as the elf began to remove her armor and clothing. "Your dinner will much depend upon how long it takes you to pass my test, though I doubt we will let you go too hungry." That was about all the reassurance Alma was willing to give Tathariel. "And yes, I do mean naked, all of it." She said with a friendlier smile as her eyes danced along the elf's nearly naked body. As the last of her garments fell to the floor, Betty would hear something akin to a gasp from the older woman as Tathariel did an impressive hand stand, presenting herself to the cuffs with grade.

"My she is exquisite!" Alma confided to the young alchemist, placing a warm hand on the younger woman's hand. She leaned closer to Betty and whispered. "I think I understand the intimate subject of your earlier meeting now." She felt more assured of the truthfulness of Betty's claim regarding their initial meeting.

"I have found many can focus through pain, pleasure on the other hand..." She gave the alchemist a knowing smile in response to her comment on the nature of the distraction she had for the nimble elf.

"I think she is ready for you now." Alma suggested as she took the finely tuned phallus and handed it to the redheaded alchemist. She watched the blush form on the pretty young human, she was curious if it was due to the nature of the request itself, or simply performing such tasks with an audience, she left the question unasked and contended herself to observe further.

Betty might be relieved the see that despite the metal locks and bindings, the portions actually touching the elf's skin were well padded. The other girls secured Tathariel's hands behind her back securely with more padded cuffs with iron locks then stepped back to watch Betty with an eager interest. It would be no easy trick escaping from such a position, with or without the added distraction Betty was tasked with applying.

The Evermoor Way - 5 hours east of Yartar

The carriage, emblazoned with the livery of House Arramont and frankly a bit ostentatious, continued on its way, one wheel still creaking despite the driver’s best efforts. Shoddy maintenance of the fleet was to blame, Everlund was not used to such distinguished traffic.

Should have come back via Silverymoon.

That would have been a nice detour, Lydia di'Arramont had always enjoyed her time as the Arramont High Factor in Luruar’s capital. Even if the regulations were a bit stuffy, at least it had all the comforts of civilization, including several distinguished colleges. Those offered a ready local supply of handsome and beautiful young people who were looking to make a career for themselves, sometimes with Arramont’s backing. Backing they needed her approval for. She could have seen herself staying in Silverymoon for the rest of her career, away from the furtive glances and rumor waiting for her at home in Waterdeep. Or at least until all the full-human elders died off. Another plus for Luruar, half-elves were ... if not exactly common, certainly you were likely to run into one or two on any decently trafficked street.

But the damn orc war had interfered. Oh, sure, it was good for business. Or at least, she had *made* it good for business. Learning both dwarven and orcish had been a massive boon. As Sundabar was depopulated, and Luruar collapsed in bickering, House Arramont had been able to pick through the wreckage, even playing a key role in bringing Sundabar back after the orcish pillaging. But doing so had been long hard work. She was required in Sundabar for the better part of a year, and her former lieutenant had to step up and take over local affairs in Silverymoon. So for the time being, Lydia was without formal assignment.

The downriver trip from Sundabar to Everlund had been fine, and the family’s business representatives there had been obsequious enough. But clearly they were also lax at keeping the carriage wheels properly lubricated. But there was no point worrying about that now. The middle of the Evermoor Way is not a place where you can pick up premium wheel grease, so the noise would be tolerated. But soon they would be in Yartar. She might as well stay for a while. The city was an important trade hub, and the family’s presence there was not as substantial as it really should be. The family elders didn’t think much of the Savage Frontier in general. As far as they were concerned civilization stopped at Waterdeep. Fools. They’d probably send her to Amn or something. The sweltering south. It just better not be Calimshan and its endless desert.

Noticing the decrease in the carriage’s pace she considers calling out to the driver. It’s too early to stop for a break, but perhaps a tree has fallen in the road or something. Lydia hopes it won’t take too long, she was expecting to be in Yartar by nightfall.

Last edited:

Tathariel had caught the object in the hands of the redhead with her sight. "Soo... does it count how long it takes me? And it is my freedom that counts or are you interested in something else?" she slowly rocked in her chains, trying to get the 'captors and tormentors' focus on anywhere than her hands. While the elf surely did not want to hurry, she already started feeling up her bounds. They did not checked her hair or hands before they locked her up, and even at her feet she had been flexing her muscles to not let them pull the manacles too tight.

People always looked at wood elves as akin to savages, easily forgetting that they not only had their woodcrafting skills and nature knowledge, but also had their magic, and their steel. So, it was slim, lightweight, but flexible hard steel tools - kind of like herself - hidden on her body thatshe would be picking the locks. After she got a full taste of what they planned for her, of course. Also, opening the lock did not meant that she would show her hands and get out of it.

Tathariel was getting aroused with anticipation, eyes opening wide, her breathing changed too. It could be seen as fear or stress, but whoever got too close to her would see the signs of arousal. At least her pussy would be slick for the toy...

Anyway, when Betty asked her, she replied "Please, be my guest and do your best."

Back
Top Bottom