Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Damsels and Dungeons

xavierrol

Old Dog, New Tricks
Supporter
Character Threads

OOC Discussion

The City of Yartar was still teaming with life as the business of commerce began to give way to the somewhat more relaxed business of whatever happiness the denizens could find or afford. It was a cross roads town, largely catering to either the caravans going east and west, or the barges going north and south. Most cargo simply passed through the town on its way to or from greater cities and markets. However the modest produce of the Dessarin Valley would begin its journey at this regional hub of transport. The valley was blessed with fertile soil and a hardworking populace that added more than its share of food stuffs and finished goods bringing a measure of peace and prosperity to the land. The kind of place people could raise a family of strapping young lads and beautiful lasses. While mostly human, the occasional halfling and even some elves were a frequent and welcome sight.

This night though, there were storm clouds on the horizon, both literally and figuratively. A late spring storm was sweeping in from the western sea and rumors of disappearing maidens in the valley below Yartar had been circulating since the spring thaw set in. The storm was real enough, people could feel it in the air, so far though the rumors were just that, rumors. From the security of Yartar and the Waterbaron's Shields of Yartar, it was easy to dismiss such grumblings as bored milk maids looking for a better, more interesting life. Even if there was some truth to them, certainly the fine ladies of Yartar were safe here in the fortified city. One couldn't just drag a screaming damsel off the street without arousing a forceful response. Not that Yartar was without crime by any means, it just required a certain amount of subtlety. The ladies of the Hand of Yartar could pick pockets or slit throats and be long gone before anyone was the wiser. But even they knew not to be too flagrant and were careful not to cause more trouble than a few well placed bribes could soothe.

Aerendyl sat at the table of the White Winged Griffion looking at the unappealing porridge served to her for dinner, she lifted the spoon to check for mysterious lumps. Even though she found nothing, she found it hard to will herself to eat it, her appetite was dead. She lifted her head up with a small groan rubbing her eyes, before settling on the curvy lady at the next table over. "She's cute~" Aerendyl mewled quietly, she was about to go over and tend to her.... spiritual needs, before her nose flared. "Unnh, n...n....hitchew~" She let out quietly. She groaned, cuddling herself close for warmth, before calling over. "Hello, miss?" She let out.

Tabitha had a long road ahead of her. She was on her way back home from a rather lengthy restocking trip down in Yartar. Slowly down the stone road did the young Priestess go, towards the smaller villages closer to Beliard. The human's arms were heavily laden with stores for the town, and even despite the common tale of women going missing since the thaw came in, the winter was harsh nonetheless, and all hands would be needed. As such, the Lliiran Priestess slowly makes her way down The Stone Trail, humming to herself to pass the time. As usual for any of the Lliiran clergy, she was all elbows-and-smiles, leading a sanguine life of unfettered joy, and proselytizing such a life for others. Nevertheless, her lonesome journey unceasingly carried her towards the Stone Bridge.

Last edited:
Betty smiled greetings to the other stall-holders as she put the final touches to today's display. The overdressed redhead had already unstoppered a second flask of violet liquid in the hope that this might be enough to dispel the lingering stench that permeated the Fishyard. She wrinkled her nose in distaste, but refrained from passing comment. After all, it wasn't as though her own alchemical experiments didn't produce their own particular miasma.

"Potions, poultices and powders!" she bellowed, grinning savagely as at least one nearby shopper jerked in surprise. "Embrocations, emollients and elixirs. Concoctions to mend your wounds, creams to clear that rash or philtres to charm your beau, I have it all and at very reasonable prices. Step right up ladies, gentlemen, the clinic is in session!"

The chemist slipped into her well-rehearsed patter, seemingly focussed on playing to the crowd, while her sharp eyes scanned for marks and potential troublemakers. Her wares might not be expensive enough to make an attractive target, but that wouldn't necessarily stop the local ne're-do-wells from trying their luck.

Tathariel was trawelling on a barge from the Lost Peaks in the High Forest, after visiting the fey and centaurs of that area. She heard about the City of Yartar, and as a good place to find various imported food, and collected information, Tathariel choose to visit. She also hoped to find some kind of target for her curiosity, because just wandering around in the woods was an easy way to loose herself and a lot of time, without getting across clever traps and horny people. And horny in another way than having antlers, even if that time it was also fun.

Sitting, and occasionally standing on a barge as it crossed miles after miles on an increasing river, Tathariel of course was not alone. Trawelling with a merchant who went as far as to send people up into Dancing Falls, where even the dwarves died out from next to their forges, the wood elf met them and helped them explore the place, not that she found anything interesting to herself. Well, she could have had some fun on the way with the people, but she was not that desperate, and still hurt after the centaurs...

So, finally arriving under Yartar, Tathariel went up to the city through the Stone Bridge, smiling at the people thatsmiled at her, then went through the Fishyard, a little averse of the lingering smell of dead fish, but stopping and staring at an alchemist's stand for a little, just to ask if the overdressed redhead had anything to help with a body's hurting because of a too big lover - asking both for after and before, if she knew something.

Finally Tathariel would seek out the White Winged Griffion for dinner and night, but keeping her eyes open if she could catch a glimpse or maybe even meet the local Hands. They must have some information, or even a training ground she could visit for elaborate traps and getting better with locks.

@Illven

"Sune bless you." The toothy blonde girl at the next table said in reaction to the elf's sneeze. Once the pair made eye contact Aerendyl might notice the shiny eyes of a desperate girl fighting off tears, despite the forced smile. "Hello" she said in reply, looking down at her own empty table as she blinked away her tears but not before one fell down her left cheek. She took a deep breath, as if steeling herself, to decide upon a course of action she had been considering. She looked back up at the elf, her lower lip quivering slightly as she said meekly. "Are you going to eat that?"

The words had barely left the blonde's lips when a dry crackly voice rose from the small bar where the White Winged Griffon's owner was perpetually perched. "I've 'ad about enough of you hanging about here, not buyin' so much as a crust of bread and now begging from my payin' customers." The old man stood to his full height of 5'5", the difference from his seated height barely noticeable. He grabbed an ancient looking straw broom, wielding the handle as if it were a sword, waving it at the poor blonde as if to throw her out of his establishment.

Aerendyl slowly interceded herself between the two. She would have been faster, but her cold dulled her speed. "Hey, hey, hey~" She said soothingly to the Griffon's owner. "I've got this." One hand went to her neck to flash her holy symbol, showing that she intended to sway the girl's heart and soul. Assuming she was allowed, she used her other hand to place the bowl of porridge in front of the blonde.

Sitting close to the girl, Aerendyl kept having to fit her swimming head that so eagerly wanted to stare down the blonde's shirt. She held a hand over her sinsuses trying to relieve pressure. "Hello, miss. My name's Aerendyl, a priestess of Sune." She started with the basics. "You seem so sad, I'd love to be abl....ab..." Aerendyl's cute little head reared back. "Hiingchoo~" She let out into her hands. "Unnnhh.. Able to help~"

At The White Winged Griffon

The owner's eyes shifted towards the attractive elf but did not soften, as if he were contemplating throwing them both out. Looking from one female to the other, his upper lip forming a bit of a snarl on his right side, showing dark stained teeth and a bad attitude. Flashing her holy symbol did little to lighten his attitude towards them, he rolled his eyes slightly as if he had little patience for religious do gooders.

The blonde was extremely grateful, her hand on the elf's thigh as she leaned towards her in gratitude, only enhancing the temptation to enjoy her bountiful cleavage. As the elf introduced herself, the blonde sat up straight as if she felt herself being watched by an especially strict schoolmarm. "So pleased to make your acquaintance Ahr-en-dahl." She struggled with the elven pronunciation though certainly did her best to try and get it right. "I am Nareen, and I am ever so grateful." She attacked the porridge like a starving woman.

Feeling somewhat ignored the owner tapped his broom handle on the table. "It'll be another copper if you are plannin' an overnight guest." He said, a hint of disgust in his voice to see two females carrying on as they were. "Finish up and take it to ya little party to your room or outside, this is a respectable establishment." He said as he turned and went back behind the bar and into the kitchen.

With nary a care in the world, Tabitha continued her journey, humming to herself. Her journey had taken her far, but she was beginning to see familiar areas. She was close enough to home to recognize things, but hours away yet. Passing over the familiar knoll, the priestess would see the main landmark on her way back home, the bridge. She smiles at the proximity of her destination, but is soon taken from her reverie by a strange occurrence.

First there was the scream shrill enough to have the Lliiran priestess jump in her seat, looking about worriedly, before focusing on the elf's location as she bursts through the trees. As she stumbled and rushed down to the cart, Tabitha hopped out, unsure of the danger until she was close enough to see the woman looking back at the goblins. The human, despite her grim situation, keeps her smile plastered on.

The cleric meets the elf, staff in hand as the goblins bear down on the two. "Ma'am! Are you alright? Are you hurt in any way?" As she speaks, she looks the elf over, getting rather close to the woman. Looking back up to see the monsters, she would interpose herself between them, quarterstaff held outwards towards the trio. "O' Lady Lliira, keep this woman safe so that she may encounter unfettered joy later on, and so that her smile may yet be preserved, your faithful servant beseeches you!"

The prayer would create a small bubble around the elf, keeping her safe so long as she stayed inside of it. Afterwards, the human puts her back to the bait that was the elf to face down the goblins bearing down on her, leaving Ada with ample opportunity to help her fellows.

Aerendyl fished a copper piece out of bra and placed it on the table. Having the grateful, lovely, buxom blonde sharing her room sounded like a lovely idea. She had giggled slightly as Nareen struggled with her name. "Nareen is a wonderful name for a lovely lady~" Aerendyl beamed warmly, unable to resist using Narren's focus on the porridge to take another peek down her cleavage. Wrenching her eyes upward after a moment she placed a hand on Narren's shoulder. "So why don't you tell me a bit about your......your...your...." Aerendyl reared back. "Hingtchoo!" She let out into her hand.

"Forgive me, my allergies are acting up." She lied automatically, her gaze dropped to Nareen's rack before rising back up. "Tell me a bit about yourself." She said warmly. "When's the last time you've been to confession." She teased a grin on her face.

@ChrisGabriel

At the Fishyard

Betty spotted the elven beauty almost immediately, but chose not to react until the fish had moved a little closer. Instead, the alchemist continued with her rapid-fire patter, while her tattered sleeves billowed with every extravagant gesture. As the sharp-featured woman came near, Betty turned and gave her most dazzling smile.

"Good day to you, child of the forests," she beamed, just the hint of a lilt in her accent now, "and how may this humble herbalist aid you?"

The alchemist leant forward, lowering her voice just a shade as the more intimate nature of her customer's request became obvious. Betty nodded carefully, idly tangling one finger in a stray curl while listening. After a moment's thought, (which was largely for show, given the rather limited nature of her stock here), the alchemist made her recommendation.

"This unguent will soothe and repair," Betty explained, sliding a small sachet of thick paste across the counter, "just rub it wherever you feel sore. Or," she added, with just the hint of a twinkle in one eye, "for those hard to reach places, you might ask someone to do that for you."

With practiced nonchalance, Betty allowed her gaze to slide over the elf's body. An onlooker might consider the alchemist's expression to be one of appraisal perhaps, or even hunger.

"A potion to strengthen the body in preparation will take me a little longer," she suggested, sadly, "but if you find this sample to your liking, come and find me here tomorrow evening and it will be ready. We can save the tawdry talk of recompense for then, should you choose to return."

White Winged Griffon

Nareen looked down as if in shame as the pretty elf fished a copper coin from her bosom and placed it on the table. Had she been a better actress she might have even managed to blush. Instead she looked back up and gave a coy smile as Aerendyl complimented her name before returning to the porridge which she ate as if starving, despite the rather bland taste. She gave the elf's wandering eyes plenty of opportunity. She had a difficult time suppressing her discomfort as the elf again sneezed heavily, making a bit of a face but fortunately the elf's eyes were elsewhere.

She recovered her composure and let her tears well up again. "Well my Ma, she is very ill. I had come to Yartar in hopes of finding a healer, but they are all far too expensive and demand a small fortune to visit her in my village. I would bring her here, but I fear she would not survive the journey, though it is only a day down river by barge."

"Confession?" She looked the elf in the eyes with her most innocent expression. "Do my sinful thoughts, betray me so readily?" She asked, this time it was her eyes that ran the length of the elf's body from head to seat as they sat together. She did manage to blush, "I do sometimes have...impure thoughts." She said, then swallowed hard, as if she expected the priestess of Sune to punish her for such deviant thoughts when it came to love.

Aerendyl breathed in as she tried to ready herself. A trip down the river did not quite sound fun in her current, but Nareen was so pretty~ She performed a hair flip, before leaning in as if to share a secret.

"How about you finish up that porridge." Aerendyl assured her. "And then we can head up to my room, and you can show me some of these sinful thoughts..." She grinned wildly. "And then tomorrow morning, we can take the barge up the river, and I'll treat your mother~" She added with a flirtatious wink.

White Winged Griffon

As the elf leaned in close, Nareen's eyes were big and soft as she drank in the elf's lust. Her lips extra sensuous as she sucked gently on the spoon after each bite even as her eyes stayed focused on Aerendyl's. She listened to her secret voice, feeling her breath near her ear as if they were two school girls exchanging secrets during class. Her toothy smile erupted as she said she would treat her mother. She dropped her spoon and wrapped her arms around the elf, pulling the smaller female to her ample breast in a big hug. "Thank you thank you." She exclaimed happily. "I didn't know you were a healer, but Sune has smiled her favor upon me this evening." She said as she rocked back and forth with Aerendyl still pulled close to her breast.

Had she been truly concerned with the cleric's healing abilities she might have wondered about her apparent inability to do something about her own sneezing, but it was of little concern to Nareen. "Confession, yes of course." She said, hurriedly spooning up the last of the porridge and licking the spoon clean as if she had enjoyed every morsel. "I am ready to confess, priestess, if you will have me." She would follow the cleric to her room whenever Aerendyl was ready to lead her there.

At the Fishyard

"I am quite limber, child of the city, but I still need a Hand to help me. And if this helps outside, something to spread it deep inside too. I can always wait a little bit for whatever you are making up next. Maybe I should come over for you to make sure I apply it the right way..." Tathariel eyed back the redhaired girl, with a light smile. Using a couple of signs from what she learned of the thieves' chant hand gestures, the wood elf emphasized not only with his voice and word, that she was looking for the Hand of Yartar. Not necessarily the alchemist herself, but anyone near by taking an interest.

"Would it be acceptable if I gave you a silver now, and anything I can gave you when you ask for it next time?" she was not unaccustomed to playful females, however, always having enough males around for whatever she would need them, Tathariel was not really experienced or interested in other girls. But she would always love trying out new things and savor different tastes...

"I am off to the inn now, should we meet me here tomorrow?" she would spend the remainder the day meandering towards the inn anyway, then looking around the city for the next days, so Tathariel kind of hoped that the 'unguent' would work, and she would have other new experiences too.

@ChrisGabriel

At the Fishyard

The alchemist quirked an eyebrow at the elf's response, but otherwise she forced her face into a bland mask of cheerful enjoyment. This one was full of surprises, both in terms of the ease with which she carried herself and, more interestingly, because of the subtext layered beneath her casual flirtation. The customer's accent was a little unusual and Betty herself was no expert, however, she did recognise enough of the gestures to reassess this particular fish's position. Which was a shame, because that lithe flesh really would look even better in chains.

"This batch is quite potent," Betty explained, reaching out to touch the sachet and inadvertently letting her fingers brush against the elf's, "you'd need to water it down a bit before applying anywhere too sensitive. You wouldn't want to be overwhelmed, I'm sure."

For several heartbeats, the alchemist pondered how to proceed. Then, as the other woman agreed to return, Betty made her decision. Or, more accurately, the redhead realised that she probably needed to talk to one of her contacts before making any rash moves. Betty let out a soft sigh, glad she hadn't offered anything more incriminating that a healing salve blended with a little aphrodisiac.

"That is very generous," she noted, her tone suddenly more serious, "and I will endeavour to live up to your expectations. By tomorrow I will have prepared your potions and some more unguent, at a dosage more suitable for your purposes. I do hope you enjoy your stay, Miss?"

As her voice trailed off, Betty looked up expectantly, already certain she would need as much information about this newcomer as possible. Because as soon as she shut up the stall, the young woman was going to have to risk talking to the underworld's other Guild and, besides their many other vices, they were sticklers for details.

On the Stone Road

Tabitha stood resolute, the only crack was seemingly her smile. Despite it, she didn't seem to hold any sort of happiness for what was happening. This, well and truly, was proof that the rumors she'd heard were truthful. The human stood her ground, rather outnumbered while she held her staff outwards.

When Ada spoke to her once more, the priestess simply nodded, not daring to take her eyes off the goblins, murmuring a smaller prayer to herself as they bear down with their bows. Even as the shots fell wide of their mark, the danger they presented scared Tabitha, as she warily watched the enemies get closer.

Worried as she was, the Lliiran priestess thought that, should she take the initiative, things would go well for her, and thus prepares to rush forward. However, as she begins to take her first step, the elf behind her steps from her protective bubble to catch the human in a grapple. So surprised by this, does Tabitha whip around, letting her grip on her staff falter to look at the elf, whilst still held.

"W-What are you doing?! The goblins approach!" The human confirms her own remark, watching the goblins, especially looking towards the shackles as she struggles in a wholly ineffective manner, the elf would find ease in keeping the woman held for her compatriots.

[Tabitha rolled a 4 which, if modified by strength, would be a rather paltry 6.]

On the Stone Road

Ada has the element of surprise but her attack is awkward and she can't match the priestess' strength [Rolls 8], however she does succeed in turning Tabitha's attention away from the shackle carrying goblins, giving them an easier path to subduing the human female. The goblin assault is delayed by the feint of arrows but Urt, Zug, and Peg quickly press forward with the shackles. [Rolling 5,12,18 respectively]. Urt has the misfortune of being kicked in the face by a random flailing of Tabitha's leg as she struggles with Ada, stunning him for a moment and preventing him from placing a shackle on her ankle. Zug dives for the other ankle and it being more firmly planted on the ground he quickly locks it in place on Tabitha's left ankle. Peg leaps for the girl's right arm and hits the two grappling females with his full weight and knocks them both down onto the ground. He is also rewarded with the sound of the shackle locking around her right wrist as he hold onto the stronger woman's arm for dear life.

With one ankle and one wrist already feeling the bite of adamantine the battle is not going well for Tabitha, though she is not yet fully subdued.

Aerendyl went crimson as her face was hugged into Nareen's breast, although she tried to resist the urge to seem at least a little proper she was unable to completely resist the urge to nuzzle at her breast. When she was "released" Aerendyl was still very red and was very slow in taking her time out of Nareen's chest.

"Right this way~"Aerendyl blushed grabbing her hands tenderly before getting up from her chair. Putting a little shake in her step, the pretty pink haired priestess started to lead Nareen upstairs, waiting until they were out of sight of the common room, to place a hand on Nareen's hip.

@ChrisGabriel

Streets of Yartar

Tathariel's gestures and contacts did not go unnoticed in the streets of Yartar as few things escaped the notice of the local thieves guild, the Hand of Yartar. Made up solely of females it had eyes everywhere. The shapely elf was intercepted not long after leaving the fishyard. A pretty, yet in many ways non-descript woman bumped into her. "Pardon my clumsiness." The woman said as her eyes took in the elf's pretty face and features. "New here? I ain't seen ya round before?" She asked, a bit more forward than polite conversation might allow, though it would depend very much upon Tathariel's disposition and mood at the moment.

Before what might seem like innocent small talk ended she produced the unguent container so recently acquired, apparently having lifted it off the thief's person. "And what might this be for? You get a bit of the pox at your last stay?" The lewd innuendo as to the elf's quality of bedfellows a more open taunt. She tossed it back at the elf then told her. "If you lookin' for the Hand, well it has a way of findin' ya first. Follow me if you want to know more."

Without looking back to see if she was followed or not, the woman continued up two blocks then a block to the right. She then looked up and down the street before knocking on the door of what looked like a shipping warehouse. As the door opened she looked back for the first time to see if Tathariel had decided to follow.

At the Fishyard

Turning her hand so her palm was towards the lightly touching fingers of the stallkeeper, the elf slightly stroked back to show some interest. "I would gladly try out if these would work on other parts too. It should be sensual and soothing." then she got ready to leave, adding "Call me Tathariel, child of the city." kind of saying that she still did not knew the other's name, but would be next time.

Streets of Yartar

"There is no pardon for being this clumsy, unless it was deliberate." the elf stated, obviously as an elf, she did not knew a lot of clumsy people, and she herself was graceful enough to help the woman stay on her feet. "Yes, I just arrived and looking at the sights, taking in the rumors, maybe I am looking for a job, maybe for entertainment..." she gladly traded the ointment back for the woman's purse or dagger herself later. Planning to get those or her stuff back, Tathariel hooked on her arm with hers, or even put her arm on her shoulder. "Led the way then, Miss...?"

Curiously following her into the warehouse Tathariel was still ready to draw a weapon if needed.

On the Stone Road

As her attention is stripped from what is arguably the bigger threat, given the elf was rather small in comparison to Tabitha, the thing holding her back the most was the initial surprise. Only as she kicks the first goblin does she realize her proximity, crying out in surprise as her other leg is then caught and held by Zug.

Rounding on the successful goblin, she nearly strikes him, only to be intercepted by the third goblin leaping to her arm, catching it in the shackle whilst pulling the two women down with himself, eliciting a grunt from the human.

Held down by the weight of three creatures now, Tabitha's efforts to shake any of these creatures of was rather poor. [Roll: 5+STR = 7] Seeing that her physical efforts were without gain, she begins to speak up in another incantation, but can offer no protection of her spellcasting. Ada, being familiar with the process would likely have the easiest time of stopping it, and if not her, the three goblins were still close as the human spoke to Lliira almost frantically.

At the Fishyard

"Betty," the alchemist offered, bowing her head slightly in greeting, "not nearly as exotic, but hopefully still memorable."

She smiled, watching the slow sashay of the elf's hips as she wandered away. It really would be such a shame if this fish did turn out to be off-limits. Then, shaking off that particular preoccupation, Betty gave one last sweep of the marketplace, (just to make sure there were no other customers in sight), before beginning to clear away her stall. The slender girl worked with smooth efficiency, excitement adding urgency to the routine activity.

Once she had stowed all of her gear, Betty made her way to the rendezvous. Although it was only a short distance from the marketplace, the alchemist chose a long and circuitous path and frequently doubled back on herself. The tradecraft had been drilled into the naïve redhead and her efforts to avoid being followed now bordered on paranoia. But, eventually, Betty arrived at a rather non-descript side door to Yatar Cart and Barge.

She knocked sharply on the old wood and waited until the eye-level slot opened before identifying herself to the waiting guardian.

@ChrisGabriel

Streets of Yartar - Warehouse

As they entered the dim interior of the warehouse, the human girl took a minute for her eyes to adjust. The elf having no need for such a delay would have a moment to look around what seemed like an average warehouse with rows upon rows of shelves with various trade goods of more utilitarian value. Not the kind of place that would be worth ransacking as it would take a cart to move enough of anything to be of value. Tatharial, if she were paying attention, might notice some oddity to the floor, enough to make her cautious that not all was as it seemed here.

"Mind your step." The girl, still not having offered a name, then took several careful steps across the floor towards a door deeper in the interior. It might be more prudent to follow the girls steps rather than make your own path, unless of course you wanted to show off your skill. [Make a choice and roll D20]

If you chose to follow 3 or better will get you through, to go your own way 12 or better. Trap will be non-lethal but binding for at least a turn.

@Illven

White Winged Griffon

The pink haired elf's fondness for Nareen's most obvious asset was not lost on the human. Everyone had a weakness and Nareen had found, much to her good fortune, that a well developed bosom was a weakness shared by most men and many females. Despite the blushing of the priestess, she seemed quite eager to get Nareen alone and she followed along readily enough. She felt the elf's hand on her hip and marveled at how soft her touch could be, she had never been with an elf and despite her desire for professional detachment, found her self a bit more eager than she should be to be alone with her.

@Ironuyh

On the Stone Road

Ada makes a quick attempt to cover the cleric's mouth and spoil her attempt at a spell but in her struggle fails and instead her hand clasps near Tabitha's throat and drags downward, tearing her dress to expose some of her cleavage instead. [Rolls 3] The goblins have better luck [Rolling 16, 20, 19] and manage to shackle her ankles and wrists together so that she is now physically subdued. Tabitha's only chance now is to finish her spell before they gag her.

@Ampere

Fishyard - Yartar Cart and Barge

The Yartar Cart and Barge company supplied warehousing and loading for the sundry goods that flowed in and around Yartar from both river and road. It was a reasonably successful business that also provided an excellent front for the much more profitable business of smuggling and fencing of stolen properties. Both occupations fell to the three score and six women who made up the Hand of Yartar thieves guild. Non-descript was clearly the motif of most everything about the company, from the side door on the Fishyard level where Betty knocked, to the large warehouse where Tathariel was evading traps. All were part of the same massive warehouse that was a veritable maze of storage disguising the inner workings of the guild itself.

The eye-level slot opened in response to Betty's knock, keen but familiar eyes appeared and looked at Betty then all around to see she was alone. The slot closed and the sound of at least three bolts could be heard opening before the door creaked open to allow her entrance. The young thief who let her in was named
Haliyra, she was as always cautious but friendly. "Greetings Betty, how can we assist you today, or is this a social call?" She asked in way of greeting as she securely bolted the door then gestured for Betty to proceed her into the small lounge where they had talked on several occasions. "The guild mistress is occupied at the moment, but I'm sure she will want to talk with you. Can I get you some tea or something stronger while you wait?" As usual she would give Betty the impression that she was of utmost importance to the guild, though she may well have treated everyone this way.

After a slightly longer than comfortable delay, the guild mistress Alma Coin, walked across the lounge as if appearing out of nowhere. "So sorry to keep you waiting Ms. Brewer." Alma was the kind of woman who would never ask, but sort of expected people to stand when she entered a room. If Betty were wise enough to do so on her own, she would receive a warm embrace, if not most likely she would get a cold and disapproving scowl, but either way the busy guild mistress would move onto the business at hand.

"You have some information for me today, I think?" She had already heard that the elf currently being evaluated in the warehouse had stopped to see the bright young alchemist. Alma didn't get to where she was today by being uninformed, though she was both interested in the content of any conversation Betty may have had with the newcomer, and of course the knowledge that Betty would report it so promptly. Alma tended to expect loyalty as if they were tokens of good faith kept on account, but disloyalty would always be paid back with interest. She would listen intently to whatever bits of information Betty offered to share, her encyclopedic mind already fitting pieces together and alert for inconsistencies that may reveal new information or some element of trickery on someone's part.

When Betty finished, Alma began to guide their conversation to a new subject. "I am so glad you came to see me today, thank you for your information, I do like to keep an eye out for new talent."

"I'm sure you have heard stories of young ladies disappearing out in the countryside." She said this more as a matter of fact than any new information she was offering, the rumors had been quite rampant recently. "Sadly I can assure you they are not merely rumors, but rest easy, we take care of our own in the Hand." While Betty was not a member, Alma always liked her acquaintances to feel her benevolence, at least until she found it necessary for them to feel her wrath. Of course it was relatively easy to extend her 'protection' when, so far at least, it was her girls doing the snatching from the streets of Yartar. Alma had no qualms about offering up a few of the many travelers and adventurers that met her client's, specifications. But she was careful to guard against her own girls disappearing and she didn't yet trust these new slavers operating in the valley.

"I of course worry that a woman of your varied skills, might get caught up in so tawdry a business. I know your wares are largely limited to healing, beauty, and shall we say, love? But if someone were interested in potions that might induce a heavy sleep, or perhaps even charm someone, they might well come to you, don't you think?" She asked, her art of providing a certain 'plausible deniability' was well developed. "I mean, you probably could create such things if, properly motivated?" Her charm taking on a little bit of a 'spider to the fly' quality as they chatted. "Would you like more, tea is it?"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom