Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Comfort Games?

Farming style games like Rune Factory which helped me through a very rough period in my life. But lately been finding myself heavily enjoying the Yakuza series(especially the cabaret mini game) and one day I need to get back into my Monster Hunter hammer main lifestyle. Nothing more relaxing than bonking heads ✌️
Rune factory is a great series, certainly quite comfy.

As of late I've been playing Xenoblade 3 which while not the comfiest of games is still pretty good so far. But for when I'm a bit too zonked to really do plot heavy stuff, Deep Rock Galactic has my back.

lately it's been tft - teamfight tactics.

enough strategy to be entertaining, but not so much where i have to think too hard.

really mellow, mobile compatible, what's not to love

I play a lot of games, but mostly I find myself going back to things like Spyro, Stardew Valley, and Pokemon for those comforting ones xD Really not sure how many times I've restarted Spyro (Any of them XD) to reach completion just to go back and do it again xD I could probably finish it with my eyes shut at this point!

Halo, particularly the Firefight modes. Almost always with Grunt Birthday Party turned on. Because some days you just need to see alien head explode in confetti.

Dark Souls as a series got me through some rough times in my life. I love the allegorical thematic things it is saturated with (a couple friends and I always remind each other to never go hollow when parting). Fell in love with FromSoft's stuff in general since Demons Souls because I've always liked Lovecraftian themes and dark fantasy. Very comfy games indeed.

Any RPG I can loosely craft a build and appearance similar to characters I've written is great too.

Dark Souls as a series got me through some rough times in my life. I love the allegorical thematic things it is saturated with (a couple friends and I always remind each other to never go hollow when parting). Fell in love with FromSoft's stuff in general since Demons Souls because I've always liked Lovecraftian themes and dark fantasy. Very comfy games indeed.

Any RPG I can loosely craft a build and appearance similar to characters I've written is great too.
It's incredible and awesome how much games can become part of the fabric of who we are.

Erebus, I've lost many an hour to RPGs with a character builder.

Last edited:
I think the first 3 mass effect games for me. I seem to somehow end up on them again.

The Sims (whichever version) is always a homey place to come back to. If people are looking for a cozy virtual novel, I also highly recommend "Our Life," which is on itchio.~

Anything where you ride a mount around an expansive map and put monsters down for a long nap is incredibly relaxing. Elden Ring, Witcher 3, Shadow of the Colossus, etc.

The Sims, Stardew Valley, also Dragon Age II and Inquisition. Ooh, can't forget Skyrim.

Didn't think I had any game I could call a comfort pick, but then realized that I replay at least a couple of the classic Mega Man NES games every year. You know, the ones from 1 to 6, that you can beat in like 2 sittings? Just running, jumping and shooting to snazzy 8-bit tunes.

I honestly have so many comfort games. It's probably Skyrim, and then Honkai Impact 3, based on time played. Games worth playing... Definitely for fun, Escape Goat

The main three are Stardew Valley, Skyrim, and Subnautica. I've been craving another playthrough of Stardew recently, but I have a big problem playing any game that has an update in the works.

Command & Conquer
StarCraft
Halo

These are the games I always find myself returning to, in good times and bad times.

The Mario series in general, Super Mario RPG in particular. (And the Switch remake is indeed living up to the hype.)

Something that helps me relax are those old flash games you can play for awhile, slowly get overpowered, and just relax to the numbers with. Brotato on steam is scratching that same itch for me, so it's been real nice

Back
Top Bottom