Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Our Paths Crossed

Riona Cortez

Super-Earth
Awen stood about 5'4". her long blonde hair went down past the small of her back by about an inch. parts of it was braided, most was loose though. thick loose curls at the ends. her light blue, almost icey, eyes peered out over the field. it was a beautiful night. the moon shone brightly, reflecting on the small ponds out through the field. She sat on a small hill which over looked the whole field. it was her favorite spot to go. her dress was completely covering her as she sat with her feet tucked under her. her dress was black, fluffy, with lace trim. it was one of her more plain dresses, but by all standards, it was intricate. the sleeves went all the way down to her wrists, and the collar was was all the way up to the base of her neck. a pair of black ears peeked up out of her hair. they twitched slightly. a black tail could be seen flicking as she watched the wind blow through the field.

Alexander was in battle with a vile creature. It looked amorphous right now, a green blob, but then it shifted to the figure of a dragon. Alex himself was standing in front of it, unmoving, not afraid. He was at 6'5'', a imposing figure. He had shoulder-length black hair, tied back at the nape of his neck. His blue eyes were locked on the dragon figure as its head came down, letting out a beastly roar, making his hair fly back. His black clothing billowed slightly. His face was stern as he stared the beast down. Then he striked with lethal accuracy, a freshly-clawed hand burying itself into its eye, meeting him with a blood-curdling screech. He held on as the head flailed, but soon he was thrown back...

...And he felt himself land hard on the ground. It seemed like he hit grass, but the ground below him was hard enough to nearly knock him out. He groaned in pain, seeing stars in his eyes, the night sky above him. His hand turned back to normal, blood disappearing from it.

Awen looked up in the sky, seeing something strange. and then this odd portal type thing opened up. and something fell out. something... big. it looked like a person. The girl stood up, brushing herself off quickly and hurrying down the hill. she ran through the field, finally coming onto a figure. it was a male. she hurried to him, kneeling next to him. she checked him out, not seeing any major injuries. She shook him softly. "S-sir?" She said. and then she noticed he lacked something... ears. she couldnt tell if he had a tail or not. her eyes looked him over. something was almost familiar but vastly strange about him. she was intrigued by him.

Alex heard her voice and groaned as she shook him. he slowly sat up and put his hand to his head. The impact with the ground gave him a killer headache. He shook it off and looked around slowly. "Where... am I?" His eyes finally came around to her. She looked RELATIVELY human, a very nice figure. But then her tail and ears came to his mind. And he was shocked for a moment.

"What... are you?"

She raised an eyebrow at him. "What do you mean what am I? What are YOU?" She posed the question. since he was sitting up now, she could see that he definitely lacked a tail. "And how did you come from the sky? i mean, i know i might not be the brightest Neko alive, but i do believe i'm smart enough to understand that what just happened probably wasnt supposed to happen." She stood up, offering him a hand to help him up, even though she was about half his weight. it was the thought that counts, right? Her skin was pale-ish. it wasnt like clear, but it wasnt tan. not like some of her friends. but it had to do with her pale eyes, and blond hair. her ears and tail were really where all her pigment went. it was a rarity, but not completely unheard of. it didnt affect her health in any way, just her looks. Her looks were well sought after. everyone who looked like here, with such pale features and such contrasting ears and tails, they were almost treated like royalty. like celebrities. even though thats just how they were born. She was one of the very very few that almost disliked the attention. and she really disliked the pressure to 'breed' with others like her to produce more. in fact, she was the first to ever refuse. and that left a bad taste in some people's mouths. She often came to the field to 'get away' from everything. But now, she looked this strange being over. She was fascinated by him. he seemed so interesting. he looked basically the same, but lacked some things. but he had this... aura about him. it reeked of some kinda appeal, whether it be sex appeal or just general attractiveness, she couldnt figure it out. Once he was standing, her frame looked... petit to say the least. She looked up at him. "Wow... you're tall..." She observed.

His ears picked up her words, but he was busy weaving his hands in the air, trying to find what he went through, muttering about the polymorph that he was just fighting. "Must have been a hell of a thing..." he muttered. But he couldn't find anything that could get him back. He sighed, turning back to her. "I guess I'm stuck here. Guess I'll get use to it." His eyes fell onto her beautiful but petite form. "Can you show me to the nearest town? I need a place to rest." He bowed down low, his eyes locking with hers. "And I am Alexander, a vampire of much renown."

She laughed. it was a laugh that sounded like she could hardly contain herself. full, energetic. it left her panting, and thoroughly amused. "A... a vampire? Oh that's rich. really really rich..." She said, wiping some tears from her eyes, as she'd been laughing so hard. Sure there'd been tales and legends of such creatures, but there was no way they could possibly exist. but, then again, she never thought the sky would tear open and there'd be someone falling through the hole. but of the two, she'd believe the second one before the first purely based on the fact that her brother was a Mage and experimented all the time with his magic. so she could see how maybe, just maybe he'd brought this... being here. She would have to ask. The mutterings of his she didnt really pay attention too, as her own thoughts were buzzing around her, as she tried to get a grasp on reality. her ears rotated and flattened a little against her head as she pondered things. and then she remembered he'd asked to be taken somewhere where he could rest. "Ahh, yes. i guess my home will do as well as any other. but i will have to make a request. before we go back into the city, i will need you to... do something about your lack of ears and tail. i dont really want to deal with the barrage of questions that would ensue." She looked at him for a moment and the made her way up the hill. she'd been sitting on her cloak, which had a hood. it was black, and velvety, but it would do. she motioned for him to come to her, and once he was near, she held it out. "This will work, for now. i will make you your own tonight." She said, thinking about how it's probably going to take a while for her brother to figure out how to fix this. "Oh... by the way, my name. It's Awen. (Ah-win) It's supposed to mean Muse, or so my mother told me. my brother says that it fits, because i was always ah-musing to him." She rolled her eyes, with a soft smile. "Come, follow me..."

Her laughter infuriated him, and he got close, grabbing her by the collar and pulling her face to his, his fangs gleaming in the scowl, holding her just off the ground. "If I was any less confused about the area here, I would crush you for mocking me." He put her down, pushing the cloak away. He focused for half a moment before his form shifted, into that of a white wolf. His head tilted upwards, blue eyes locking onto her. "Lead the way." He knew she saw his fangs. Knew that she would know he wasn't bluffing.

She gasped as he grabbed her. he lifted her with ease, her eyes folding back, hissing at him until she went breathless from lack of air. she fought, clawing at his hands. As soon as he put her down, she coughed, holding her throat, gasping for air. "You... you bastard... i wasnt mocking you. I'm sorry if it's a little hard to believe that some creature from a legend is real..." She glared at him, watching him change into a wolf. she had to admit, she didnt know Vampires could do that. she led him to her home. she turned and looked at him. "If you're going to behave the way you did earlier, and if you're going to be in wolf form, you can sleep outside..." She looked at him, going inside the door. As she stood in the doorway she turned to him. "I was going to get my brother to help you, but now... i'm not so much in a hurry. Maybe after an apology, i might be more inclined to get you back to where you belong. but as for now, you're not welcome in this house." Her house was made of stones, had about 4 different rooms, a kitchen, a 'living' room, and two bedrooms. Hers and her brothers land was massive though. no one around them for about 3 miles. all of the property theirs. their parents had left it to them in their wills.

There was a growl in his throat as he heard her. He shifted back, forcing his lips from not folding back, showing fangs. "You obviously have no idea who you are messing with." he said in a low voice. It was a voice that he used against his prey in fights. It would send a dark shiver down her spine. He spun around, facing away from her. "Fine, I don't need your help. I'll find my own way." And with that, he started down the lane. He didn't have to take her crap.

She leaned out the doorway. "Just so you know, He's the only one capable of having any hope of helping you." She growled back. "jerk off." she said under her breath. She then closed the door behind her. Oh she was not going to be taking this kind of bullshit, from anyone. she began moving things around, in the house. slamming things down, shoving things around. all pointlessly. it was enough to get the attention of her brother, Aric (air-rick). His skin was darker than hers, his hair brown, his eyes brown, his ears and tail, a shade lighter than his hair. he was dressed in a very elaborate coat, tight pants, his long brown hair down to his shoulders, pulled back, a single, small braid down the middle, the rest, unbraidded, but still tied back. Aric looked at his sister. "What is going on? what are you doing?" Awen looked at him. "That.... that... UGH!" she was furious. Aric knew when she got like this, it was almost pointless to talk to her. so he sat down at the table, just watching her, having poured himself some ale, sipping at it. soon, she'd calmed down enough to actually talk. he asked again, and she told him about the vampire roaming the city now. Aric's reaction was much like her own. Awen glared at him. "You're the one who brought him here, he's from another world or something. he doesnt... well... they dont really exist in our world, but obviously in his, they do. and you've been looking into other worlds lately, havent you? well, then you brought him here." Aric laughed a little nervously. "Awen, it's cute how you think that my skills are good enough to have done something like this. but i didnt do this. i can, how ever, research a remedy." Awen nodded and then made a face. "No! dont! he said he didnt need our help, so let him find his own way home. also, dont invite him in. he cant come in if we dont invite him. if he apologizes to me, then we can talk about him coming in." She also told Aric about the wolf form of his.

He slowly walked down the road, letting his mind wander as he grumbed about the stupid neko girl. But in truth, he was starting to have second thoughts. The road was long, and he was starting to get bored of walking now. So he knelt down on the ground, and black, feathered wings burst from his back. He jumped into the air, his wings now taking to beating as he flew forward, faster than his walking. Soon, though, he just turned around, and went back to the house, really taking off and making the air scream. He landed at the front door, knocking, not putting his wings away. Going to show her his power.

Aric opened the door, staff in his hand. Aric stood an even 6'. He was muscular and solid. he wasnt easily pushed around. "I'm sorry, was there something you needed to say to my sister, Awen? If so, you can do it right there. she can hear you." Aric stood in the doorway, mostly blocking it. Awen was sitting at the table, in the background. she could see his wings and wasnt impressed. She sipped at Aric's ale. "Dont bother coming back until you have an apology for me. Until then, i'm not interested in what you have to say." Awen said, sharply. she didnt fear him. sure, he could probably kill her in seconds flat, but that didnt mean she feared him. Just because he was confused, didnt give him a right to treat her disrespectfully. Aric looked at this being before him. he said, whispering. "Just say your sorry dude, i will probably be able to figure out a way to get you home. but, i cant do it unless you appease her. otherwise i wouldnt get anything done..." He looked at the other, sincere in his words.

He couldn't help but let out a low growl. "I could kill all of you with my mind..." He muttered under his breath. But he let his head fall. "Fine." He muttered again. His head came up and he saw her barely. "I'm sorry." His wings folded up before disappearing in a puff of feathers, a few of them landing inside the house, carried by a small wind.

Aric looked at the feathers and kicked them outside. "Awen, he apologized. do you accept it?" Aric never too his eyes off the vampire. "Fine." She said, arms crossed. "He's still not welcome in this house though." She stood and moved towards the door. she gently placed her hand on Aric's shoulder. Her brother stepped aside, allowing her to pass through the doorway. Her beautiful face looking him over. "I would like you to understand that i was not mocking you, nor did i mean any offense to you personally. it's just that your.... race... doesnt exist in this world, but you are in our legends, our tales, made to scare children into behaving. THAT is why i laughed. because the... things i feared when i was little, and then realized arent real, ARE real. in other worlds. Are we on the same page now?" She stood outside the house, looking up at him. She held her hand out, as a peace offering. "I too am sorry. I'm sorry you felt offended. i didnt mean for that." She looked at him, sincerely.

He held his veins from popping as he heard her explanation. She held her hand out, and he took it, but in a different manner. His hand held her forearm, a grasp of fighters. "I accept your apology." He said, in a low but light voice. "Vampires are very real. And we are a thing to be feared. It would be smart to learn that quickly."

She gasped a little, startled by him grabbing her forearm. she shook his.. arm too though, after the shock passed. "I will keep that in mind, Alex." She said softly. "Alex, this is Aric. my older brother." She turned slightly to look at her brother. "He's going to help you get home. In the mean time though, would you like something to... well... hmmm. i was going to offer you something to eat. Do... do you eat? or do you just drink? if you need to drink... i can offer you a goat..." She looked at him, biting her bottom lip. This was one thing she never did know about vampires. if they ate food, or just blood.

He shook his head slowly. "I am fine for now, thank you." He turned to her brother. "I am sure there is a lot of work for us to do. Lead the way." He stayed standing outside of the house, not formally welcomed in yet... though he didn't care about that.

Aric looked at them. he smirked. a thought passed through his head that remained with just him. for now. He then nodded to the other, "Aye, lets go to my... whatever it is. Awen calls it my hideaway. she says half the time, i go there just to hide away from her and our chores." Aric laughed a little, patting his little sister on the head. "Aric, dont do that. i've told you i hate it when you do that." She hissed and growled at her older brother. The girl moved her hair to all one shoulder.

He smirked, his hand instantly darting out and finding the back of her ear, scratching lightly. He turned to Aric and nodded. "Of course. If you can lead the way? I would be happy to follow."

Awen murred softly. her eyes closing automatically. she leaned into him a little. she hadnt been scratched like that in a really long time. not since their parents died. but Alex... with him... it was different. it was, well, she didnt want him to stop. she purred, loudly, her tail twitching. Aric laughed, causing Awen to open her eyes and blush, deeply. "Aric, shut up..." She said, embarassed. Aric, watched the two interact. "Sheesh, you havent even been here a day and you've already figured out her...spot. nice." Aric leaned over to Alex a little, whispering. "It calms her down, just in case. sometimes she's a hot head and stubborn as shit." Aric laughed a little. he really didnt mind this being, this being that was supposed to be feared, showing affection to his sister. he thought it was cute, actually.

He smiled, turning towards Aric as he spoke about his sisters weak spot. That brought a smirk to his face. He scratched a little more, before moving close to her, his lips right at her ear. He whispered, just loud enough for only her to hear "Mmm.... hold your horses. If you are good, I'll show you a carnal pleasure you will never soon forget." He nipped lightly, in a spot where her brother couldn't see, before stopping his teasing, moving over to Aric. "If you could lead the way?"

Awen shivered, purring loudly, almost moaning. her body was reacting in a way that it never had before. She blushed deeper, looking at her brother. Aric laughed. he knew something was... clicking between them. "Come on Alex, lets try to get this figured out..." Aric said with another laugh. He led the Vampire to his 'hideaway'. they looked at books the rest of the night. at some point, Awen knocked on the door. The building was in the side of a hill, a concrete structure, no windows, and one door. She brought enough food for both of them, as well as a cup of goat's blood. she was going to be slaughtering one the next day anyways. "I thought you guys would enjoy some substance." She was wearing a different dress. still very detailed, but, nothing compared to the one she was wearing earlier. it was like a night gown. it showed her collar bones, and a bit of cleavage showing as well. it was off her shoulders.

He nearly waived his hand to shoo her away, busy reading a interesting paragraph on the paramorphs... But of course, there isn't anything that I don't know about them by now... when he picked his head up and looked at her. It took all of his force of will not to let his jaw drop. He accepted the cup and easily downed it, finishing the paragraph before closing the book. "Why don't we call it a night, Aric?" His eyes never left Awen.

Aric smirked. "Yeah. Let's call it a night... Alex, it would probably be best if you stayed in here. no light can get to it." Awen smirked, feeling Alex's eyes all over her. "I'll be in the house in a minute. i want to make sure he's all set for the night." Aric laughed to himself, thinking 'yeah, ALL set'. He trusted his sister, he knew she wouldnt do anything she didnt want to, but also, once she got something set in her head, there was no stopping her. not that he really cared what they did. Aric was protective of his sister, but he felt Alex meant her no harm.

Back
Top Bottom