Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Life of Excess (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

"Doesn't matter, it's the all-mighty science committee's word against the word of a grad student." She said. "It's not fair but it's the game we have to play for now.."

He seemed unhappy with her answer before turning back to the board, who had finished croaking at each other.
"Against our better judgement, we have agreed to give you your patent."

"Yes, actually," Maximus said, "Before you get your patent, your machine will have to complete some small tasks."

"It's never as simple as 'oh gee, Philomena, great work constructing artificial life, here's the support you need' it's always just one more thing, one more reach for perfection before they even look at you.." she sighed as they went to the front desk. "I believe there is some paperwork here for me..?"

Seraphyn looked up and hummed before turning, gathering a large stack of papers and putting them in front of Philomena, "Here."

She stared, dead eyed before grabbing the papers. "Thanks.", she said, tone equally deadpan, before the two of them left.

"I would appreciate it." She said. Once they got home, she laid the paperwork out, and began looking through it with Hasani.

"Basic emotion? Basic household repairs? I'm trying to perfect a companion not a talking screwdriver!" She sighed in exasperation. "Advanced mathematics.. possibility for tactical designs..? God these committee members are so hard pressed for perfection.."

She smiled. "Yes, I know, I know.. but, these are going to be much more.. stringent.. more.. well, advanced, for lack of a better word.." she sighed. "Creative writing? Painting? Good lord.."

"Well, I know one of them is going to try and recreate you.. this is just them trying to buy themselves some time.." she said.

Back
Top Bottom