Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Cruel World (DigitalSiren x Staine)

Vilkas was mid drag on his cigarette when she spoke again, so he had a little time to blow out the smoke and consider her words before he responded. He didn't know exactly how to answer it, such a straightforward statement, not even a question and it wasn't completely off. It wasn't exactly it, but it was close enough. "Yes...something like that. Not want, I really don't want to and you don't deserve that..." She spoke further and while she had a valid point it was in his opinion, foolish to trust somebody so easily especially in her position. He didn't say that, not least of all because he liked how trusting she was and in this case he had no ill intentions, but it was just a fact that her kind were taken advantage of a lot. "I suppose you have to start trusting somewhere...but little red, you should still be wary. Look out for yourself, even around me. Especially around me." It was a small but welcome break when she pouted at him, he even grinned at her. "After what you've been through, you still trust me. That is a little strange..."

He didn't answer her question, she seemed to be readying herself to say something anyway and sure enough she did, and Vilkas listened as she willingly gave away all the things she had observed about him. Information she would have been better served keeping to herself had he wanted to fool her but she told him like she did indeed trust him. He didn't know he smelled different from humans, he suspected it but he couldn't quite tell himself and he wasn't around many demihumans for long enough for them to comment, or they would rather not to the huge looking 'human' that was around them. That he scared her he had seen, but he had also assumed it was something in being touched after her past, no doubt she had been touched a lot and she had ran away, so she must have hated it. He hadn't taken being told he smelled funny badly, or like she thought he would, he had been lost in serious thought. Did he tell her? Did he not?
"No, I'm not a subhuman. I didn't know I smelled different from other humans though..." There was that word, 'other'. Playing it safe like he always had, pretend to be exactly like them. He looked at her with a serious expression. "Good instincts, little red..." He didn't want to scare her any further but he wasn't going to pretend that he didn't already, or that she shouldn't be afraid. What she said next surprised him the most. His jaw dropped as he stared at her. Why was she being so...he didn't get it. She should be running, she should get the hell out of there not ask him not to break her if he did hurt her, she should be trying not to be hurt in the first place!

"It's not that easy, I..." His voice was a little less calm, he felt he had to explain but he just couldn't. In some way, he was scared himself. Scared of rejection, maybe? He had known her such a short time but he already felt something for her, protective, responsible? He didn't know, he couldn't place the feeling. "Maybe I won't but I don't think I've ever been so close, ever had such a strong desire and fought it off...what if I can't next time?" His voice strained a little. "What if I do break you, Ruby? I don't want to, I wouldn't, but it..." He was so close to just telling her but that last step. Then she told him she didn't think he would lose control and he laughed, it was sharp, almost exasperated. "You have far more confidence in me than I have." Smiling, he shook his head. "I don't think I'd kill you even if I did, at least. Or break you, much...but I'd rather not lose it. I don't want you harmed, or hurt, least of all by me, by any part of me...but you bring something in me close to the surface, I don't know if it's because of how you look or smell or the way you trembled or just the way you made me feel but it was so strong..."

He shook his head again, trying to shake that feeling once more before it started.
"Leather...I make leather goods and sell them, with as little contact with people as possible mind." He gestured towards the tanning racks outside. "I can do cloth too, a little, not the best at it but have to learn some skills because some items need it. Can do other things, but leather is my trade so if you want anything leather I'm your man. Anything else...fuck it, if you need clothes, I have money that I don't need, can buy you something not handmade." He flicked what was left of his cigarette outside and closed the door. Despite it all he was starting to feel a little better, her strange way of dealing with her fear, with him, seemed to have a soothing effect on him, like she baffled him so much it put him more at ease.

She didn't deserve that, she needed to look out for herself. She knew part of his warning were because he honestly thought he was a danger to her as well. She knew in her heart these were both good reasons to trust him. He didn't feel like he was worthy of such trust. So she decided to point it out. "You keep saying don't trust me while only showing me you're trust worthy" Her voice held a smile, a teasing lit to it. She was afraid, that didn't vanish as he spoke about his fears. What his desire had felt like. He was human.. but the way he spoke wasn't always human. Like he was trying to control some great beast and was afraid at some point he wouldn't be able to. She nodded slowly. "I don't really understand the feelings you have, but I do trust you and, you did just say you wouldn't break me much." Her bravery was limited by the way her voice trembled. She didn't want to be broken and she didn't think he would. Perhaps to her detriment.

Ruby let the subject change and moving closer to him, fighting her instincts she peaked past him, a hand on his arm.
"Oh?" Her face tipped up to him. "What sort of things do you make?" She'd never worn leather and while she didn't feel like it suited her.. She'd be willing to try. "I'd.. like that if it's not too much of a burden?" her hand withdrew from his arm and she took a step back. "I don't know what I'd want though, so I will need to let you decide" Her smile was shy as she walked back into the living room. She felt tired. The fear, the adrenaline she had felt and the fact that she was still injured was catching up quick. Looking over her shoulder at him "Do you have a pillow and blanket? I could sleep on the couch rather than steal your bed from you" Desiring a nap, she stifled a yawn. She'd not even been up long! Her mind drifted home, to her father. Any time she had felt under the weather, he had read to her. She wanted to ask Vilkas if he would mind, but it would be far too intimate. Wouldn't it?

Another yawn was covered by her hand and she sat down on the couch. Her other reason for wanting the couch over his bed was she didn't want to climb the stairs unless she needed to. Even through the pain killers her body hurt, her ankle more than the rest. Sitting down, she curled up some, fighting to stay awake.
"So tired.." her words soft. "When did you want to do the brand..?" Her mind had flitted to the other big ticket on the docket. As much as she wanted to pretend she didn't need to do it, the sooner it was done, the faster it was over. Besides, afterwards... he could perhaps provide her with those sleeping pills he'd teased her about.

She didn't understand. She said it herself and of course, how could she? What he was just wasn't normal, wasn't natural in this world of humans and demihumans, to be stuck as something in between, something not quite either and far more dangerous than both. He had often wondered how it happened, he had never known his parents or anybody like him and the only thing even close to what he was came in monster books and movies, a werewolf. The similarities were striking too...the way he looked, the full moon. He had come to the conclusion that there must be others and at some point in history, somebody had come up against one and lived to tell the tale, not just tell it but write it, spread it, and the stories of feral monsters, part man and part wolf, had become popular. It was the only explanation that made sense to him. "There is no arguing with you in this, is there?" His voice was soft and he had a slight smile on one side of his face, almost a smirk. "Fine, trust me if you must but be careful. If I can help it, I'd rather not break you at all, little red."

That wasn't entirely the truth...even the human in him was very attracted to her, and his tastes ran to the rougher side of things but she didn't need to know that, one problem at a time and the human side he could control well enough. He let her change the subject, moving on while she moved towards the front room. "It depends what people want. Cuffs and collars of course, whips, floggers, restraints...I make clothing too. Boots, pants, I made a jacket or two in my time. Saddles for riding horses..." He stopped and chuckled. "Anything leather. I don't suppose leather is something you wear often, huh?" He was absent-mindedly rubbing the part of his arm she had briefly touched, like he missed the fact that she had pulled away, and he shook his head as she asked for a pillow and a blanket. "Don't be silly, take the bed. You're the one recovering from injuries and assault, you should rest in comfort. I can manage the couch, I've slept in far worse places."

His tone didn't suggest he was asking, he was outright telling her to take the bed, just one glance at his face would say enough about that. "I will work on designing something for you to wear, maybe suede. Have you ever worn suede?" His reasoning was that it was softer, might feel better for her, but he didn't exactly know. "Soon, but not today. Should look for something to cover it with, you should think about it if you really want to overwrite it or if we go with your suggestion and blot it out completely. That last one might hurt more...and I've scared you enough already for one day." He grinned a little, he wasn't trying to make her uncomfortable really but her reaction, insisting on trusting him while being terrified of him just baffled him. "Just think how you're going to feel when I strap you down. Not something to look forward to I bet."

She couldn't help but smile as he said there was no arguing with her and she offered a nod when he told her to be careful. "I will be.. I am not looking for" Yawning Ruby covered her mouth. "Danger after all" Finally she sat down unable to take standing anymore, her eyes on him while he explained. Her smiled was hidden behind her hand as she yawned again. Ruby was trying to not lose this battle with the need to sleep, but failing. As a leather worker, she wasn't incredibly surprised to hear that he made the sort of toys she figured he'd want to play with. Her eyes trailed to where he rubbed his arm before back to his face. "Mmm while sweet, I think you're just trying to get amusement by making the cripple climb stairs" Her voice was teasing as she explained why she wanted the couch as his tone made it clear it hadn't been a suggestion.

When asked if she'd ever worn suede, her crimson head flicked left to right several times.
"No, never. I think I have seen shoes covered in it though. Boots normally" Ruby let go of a breath she'd been holding when he said not today and she all but glared at him when he said he'd have to strap her down. She didn't really want to be strapped down. "Why... exactly... do I need to be strapped down?" Her tone had changed, it was struggling to be neutral but not quite hitting the mark. Trembling along the edges she sighed and closed her eyes leaning back into the leather of the couch. "I think you're right about it hurting more, but if they can detect their mark even with yours hiding it... they could try and claim ti was indeed just altered couldn't they?" She frowned, still relaxing. "Blotting it out and covering it with something else seems like the best bet."

It would take longer. To brand it, wait for it to heal and then to tattoo over it. It would also hurt like a son of a bitch. She wasn't under some illusion that a brand that large, wouldn't. Nor that tattooing over it wouldn't be even more pain. But if she wanted to be free, truly free, it seemed like something she would have to do. Slowly opening her eyes she looked up at the stairs. Something told her that tone of his meant she'd be sleeping up there one way or another. He wanted her to sleep somewhere softer than the couch. Slowly rising to her feat she slowly walked towards the stairs, climbing them with the care of a drunk, trying to prove they were anything but. She needed that nap.. and if her growly human wanted her to sleep in his bed.... she had little choice.

"Well if you're not looking for danger that's great, doesn't change that it might have found you." He smiled and watched her sit, remaining standing himself so she could have some space from him. Her yawn told him she really was tired and no doubt her injuries were making it harder on her, she needed sleep to recover, to heal. The fear he instilled in her likely didn't help. "Oh, you're onto me, damn...yes, I'm that kind of sadist." He grinned, feeling more at ease with her now that the tension seemed to be breaking. while that was a good thing for sure, it also meant his awkwardness was pushing to the fore again, and the inappropriate comments that most would not say to a stranger who had just been naked in front of them, examined and touched when they really didn't want to be. Especially since his arousal had more than made itself known. "Some sadists like to spank or flog, some like to tease and torment but me? I like to just sit back and watch you struggle on an injured ankle. Nothing could be more satisfying." The grin never left his face while he said it, he thought it was very amusing personally and assumed she would too.

He happily moved on to the subject of clothes anyway.
"Hmm, maybe a skirt? I have never really made anything but boots with it either, so it will be interesting to work with, a fun project. Would any leather be okay too? I could make you a fine jacket, or pants. Boots, anything really though leather shirts just don't look normal so eventually you'll need something else. Cotton or silk." Her tone changing made it clear that she was unhappy with the idea of being strapped down. "Technically you don't, but it's going to hurt, a lot. We both know that..." He had a sad look as he explained it. "If you buck or move, it might make it worse. I might be jarred, might miss, you might be burned worse or the mark might be too big, distorted." He nodded as she reasoned out why covering it completely would be best for her. "Yeah...I really am sorry you have to go through this just to be free. I hate how the world is sometimes and I'm not the one suffering for it..."

Watching her, he saw her look towards the stairs before she climbed to her feet and hobbled towards them and he approached her quickly, placing a hand on her shoulder to stop her.
"Wait little red, let me." He knelt down on one knee beside her and his right arm snaked around the back of her thighs, pulling her tightly into his side. "Arms around my neck to steady yourself, I'll be gentle." Rising to his feet he lifted her with him, her arms allowing her to steady herself. She was light, easy to carry really and taking her up the stairs was practically nothing for a man his size. Into his room, he took her to his bed and placed on hand on her back before he laid her down. There was no sheet now, she had brought it down with her earlier so he flashed her an easy smile before he went to fetch one from the cupboard, bringing it back to her and laying it over her. "There. I know you don't like to be touched, sorry, but it seemed easier. I'll just have to get my sadistic enjoyment elsewhere, no bunny hobbling up the stairs on a twisted ankle for me today." He laughed again and turned to leave. "Think about what you want me to make for you and have a good rest. If there is anything you need buying, make a list. You're here now, you might as well be comfortable."

She snorted at his dry sense of humor, the sarcasm in his voice clear. Though he admitted that he was a sadist and she stuck her tongue out at him feeling more than a little grumpy. When the subject of clothing came back up she gave a small shrug. She had never been allowed to pick her own clothing. The subhumans in the house had always had a few outfits to pick from, but they had all been picked for them by their owners. Their tastes and desires even there dictated to them. "I don't know honestly.. I have never had the chance to pick my own clothes" Her voice was neither mad or upset. It was just a simple statement of fact. Her mind was timidly accepting of the fact she might be able to pick and choose her own clothing, but everything she would have would still be given. Her face darkened some. She wanted to be able to pay him back with her own money, but... earning money as a subhuman was impossible. At most she could trade services. Sighing softly she paused when he told her to wait.

She had heard what he had said about the brand that he hated how the world was. Scooped into his arms she expected to feel fear, the strong lingering desire to not be touched. Though something about the way he picked her up, held her closet him and his warmth... her arms obediently went around his neck. Crimson eyes lifted to meet his own green ones as his strong sure legs propelled them up the stairs with little to no effort. Laid once more upon the soft mattress she smiled at him shyly. Watching as he fetched another sheet, the fabric opened up above her and allowed to flutter down over her slender form.
"Poor thing" her smile was there and she bit her lower lip. "Vilkas?" When he paused in the door way she shifted in the bed. She had wanted him to stay with her just a little longer, but the request died in her throat. Shaking her head some she smiled. "Never mind. Thank you for carrying me up the stairs."

Ruby rolled onto her side and curled up. Her left ankle careful to not have her right one over it, her legs splayed just slightly even as they pulled up to her chest. She stopped fighting sleep, letting her eyes close. Within moments she was asleep, her breathing soft and even. Sleeping for hours she woke as the sun was starting it's decent in the sky. Yawning she rolled onto her back and looked up at the ceiling. The bed smelled like him and Ruby couldn't help but smiled some. It was silly and perhaps dangerous to trust the odd smelling human. But he was kind to her in a way no one else had ever been. He had a secret, or secrets to be sure. Ruby knew that she should be concerned about such things. If not about his secrets about his desire to hurt her or fuck her. Biting her lower lip she closed her eyes, remembering the sheer size of Vilkas and blushing. She knew it was quite silly to consider if he would fit for several reasons. First, she knew he would.. Her mother had once explained it when she had asked. Secondly.. he may have wanted to fuck her, didn't mean he would or she really wanted him to. Either way, she knew if it came it that, it would be her voice.

Sitting up Ruby swung her legs over the edge of the bed. Her body hurt more now, the meds having long since worn off. A soft little whimper leaving her. The idea of standing, walking down the stairs daunting.
"This is why I wanted to sleep on the couch..." She sighed and after a moment or two pushing herself to her feet. Hissing as her injured ankle bore her weight. with hesitant, pained steps she slowly made her way out of his room and carefully down the stairs. She could smell him, and that was how she found herself standing in the doorway of his office, her face pale. Leaning against the door frame she tried for a joke. "You have also missed the bunny coming down the stairs... where ever shall you get your jollies today?" Her voice was playful, if not breathy and pinched.

Vilkas was at least happy that she took his joking well, it would have been so easy for it to backfire but she took it in good stride, sticking her tongue out at him. It made him smile, the same wolfish grin he often used when he was happy and it persisted through the rest of the conversation while she talked about the clothes she had never gotten to choose. That would have to change, it was a pity she hadn't ever had the opportunity to do something so simple and easy as that in her life, that something he took for granted so often had been denied to her made him kind of sad. "Well you can choose your own now so you better choose well don't you think? Get something you want to wear rather than something you think you should, it will make you feel better I'm sure" He didn't know if he was getting the point he wanted to make across, that she was in charge of her own destiny and should be able to direct it wherever she wanted. It didn't matter right now anyway, she would hopefully get used to the idea in future. Carrying her up the stairs had been easy enough, she had given him another smile and hadn't complained too much about being lifted so he had assumed it had been okay, raising an eyebrow when she taunted him for his joke again. "Yes? I know, I know, it's a cruel life with no whimpering bunnies but I will survive." He nodded as she thanked him, walking away. "You're welcome, little red. It seemed easier than watching you suffer."

While she slept he moved to the room he considered his design office. It was a small room near the living room where he kept paper, pencils and everything he needed to sketch. It wasn't like he was very good at it but he could draw out the basic designs of the items he would be making, plan what he needed in regards to materials and generally save himself the bother of experimentation with the products themselves and by the time she joined him, he had drawn up plans for a short, thigh length skirt, boots of both thigh height and ankle height and even a jacket. The last one was a short one that would expose her midriff a little and he planned to make it red to match her hair as a surprise, something he wouldn't even tell her he was making but leather jackets were expensive, considered a sign of wealth or at least being well off all around the world and he was skilled in his trade, he could make her something custom. As a final note he left room on the back for a design, which he planned to match whatever tattoo she ended up with covering her brand. He was so lost in his work that even his enhanced hearing didn't hear her approach until she spoke, and he turned in his chair to face her.

He smirked at her, baring his fangs as she taunted him yet again.
"I'm sure I can get my jollies if I really want to, you're even welcome to help, though I don't think you want to suffer quite that much for me." He stood up and stretched, his leg was starting to feel tingly from lack of movement anyway so it was good to do. Facing her, he furrowed his brow, she did seem to be in some pain but he had left painkillers for her by the bedside table. "Am I to take it you didn't notice the pills I left? Here, let me get you some more." He kept a bottle in the room he was in anyway so it wasn't long before he had handed her two more, then the bottle in her other hand. "2 every 4 hours, now come on, let's get you some water." He gestured to the papers on his desk, the jacket one well hidden and put away to the side. "Tell me what you think too, any of that look appealing? I can't make you something unless you choose though, and I will need to get measurements, though I can let you take those yourself if you think you can." He was already walking away, leading her towards the kitchen sink where he filled a glass of water for her, holding it out. "Did you sleep well at least? Feel better? Rested?"

Ruby's head tilted. Pills? She shook her head some, crimson locks swaying about her shoulders. She didn't mind his teasing so let it pass, for now as he handed her two more pills. A small smile on her lips as she popped them into her mouth and swallowed. While she didn't need the water to take them, she was thirsty. Moving to his desk she sat in his chair, more out of necessity. Looking at his sketches she smiled the tip of her finger tracing the lines of the skirt. Still looking at them she called out "They look amazing." She didn't know much about clothing which was a pity, but she loved his work. She loved all three pieces she saw, but the boots were an added draw. They looked... sexy. Not to mention they would add valuable height to her small frame. As someone who couldn't reach the second shelf in his cupboards, that was a real draw.

Looking up as he handed her the glass of water, setting the pills on his desk. "Thank you" She had no pockets and had no better idea what to do with them. Taking a sip of it she nodded at him. "I did, thank you. I didn't mean to sleep so long.." She doubted he minded. "I don't know if I could pick, between the three.." She looked back at the sketches before meeting his emerald eyes with her maroon ones. Slowly rising to vacate his seat she moved to the couch with agonizingly slow movements. The pain killers would kick in soon, but she felt like hell. Sitting down with a small sigh Ruby looked to him with a smile. "And for the record, while I don't know exactly what you like... I am not at the moment up for helping. So sorry" She didn't know if she ever would be, and her voice held a laugh.

Taking another sip of the water she looked towards the darkening windows. "Vilkas?" She bit her lower lip looking up at him. Sitting he towered over her. "Can I ask you something personal?" Her face was soft as she spoke. "How come you don't spend more time with others? Being alone.. seems hard" She had been alone for such a short period of time and hadn't liked it. She wondered what the draw was... and if it would be hard to have her around if he just liked his privacy.

Vilkas had an actual smile this time, beaming with pride as Ruby looked down at the sketches he had done, tracing them with her finger. He liked his work, yes it was kind of simple but he had been in the process of adding a bit of an intricate design to it as well, he might not be brilliant with fabrics but he could use a needle and thread, he had learned to stitch well. A lot of his work demanded such quality if he was to make sales. "I'm glad you like them, little red. You will have to help me design them to your tastes if you're going to wear them, I don't know what you'd really like after all." He really didn't mind how long she had slept, Vilkas had been alone most of his life and a few hours without her hadn't broken him. He chuckled as he said as much. "Sleep how long you need, it's not like I'm not used to the solitude, it's how I prefer to spend my time anyway." He grinned at her. "Present company excluded of course. You're not that bad to have around." Her comment made him laugh again, a strange thing really, how often he had laughed in the past day. It only came to him now that he thought about it, but it had been so much. Even when he had company in the past, it was never like this.

"Pick between them? Those are all being made, silly bunny." He smirked as he took a gamble in referring to her as the animal she resembled again. He wasn't sure if she would see it as an insult or not, to him it was certainly not. "What I like?" He had already forgotten his own comment until the lightbulb in his head turned on. "Ahhh, I see. Well if it's not to be it's not to be...for the best really, you did say you didn't want to be broken much." He grinned again, knowing exactly what he was implying. "I will have to just live without. No matter, just because you're cute doesn't mean I want to hurt you." It was a lie and they both knew it, he definitely wanted to do things to her but he also didn't want to hurt her. She had been through enough, he could always find himself somebody to play with if he really needed, or pay somebody. He remembered the words on that show about not paying them to stay, but paying a prostitute to leave afterwards and chuckled to himself. He paid them to not talk to him. "Yes?"

Her question made his brow furrow a little as he sat back down.
"I'm just not a people person I suppose...I grew up in foster homes and never got along well with my 'siblings'." He used his hands to make the air quotes. "And those that took me in were never in it for me, plus they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me." He looked up at her, a serious look on his face. "I smell different, remember? I act different too it seems, especially at certain times. It's hard to be around people then, aggressive men or pretty women...I just do better alone." He sat back and closed his eyes for a few moments before opening them again, looking right at her. "But company isn't so bad, when it's the right person, so don't worry about me. Take your time, recover, I have no plans to throw you out in the cold"

Her brow lifted as he said he preferred to spend his time alone and the second joined the first as he said she wasn't too bad to be around. Her smile was there but she shook her head slowly. "Wow Vilkas, you really know how to make someone feel special" She teased him with another smile flirting at the corners of her mouth. She understood that her poor human had little social experience and hadn't meant the words to hurt in the slightest. Without pointing it out directly, Ruby tried to help him understand. Playing with the edge of the glass for a moment she looked up as he called her bunny.

A delicate snort slipped from her and shook her head. She didn't mind the nickname and while she wanted to tease him again... her new found freedom made her hesitate. Most humans wouldn't like to be teased, she had learned that lesson young, her quips having landed her in hot water more than once.
"All of them? Are you sure?" Shifting slightly she swayed again remembering her ankle with a small frown. He was being very kind and while he asked for nothing from her, Ruby couldn't help but feel she'd need to repay him somehow. Even if he never requested such. Her eyes found his as he questioned her and she blushed for a moment before nodding. A tremble ran from the tip of her ears to her toes, a fine vibration of the prey before him. Her words however had been honest. She wasn't up for him touching her like that, if ever. They barely knew one another..

She moved to sit near him, her now empty glass being held on her knee rather than setting it on his wooden table. The small ache of her heart couldn't be helped and she frowned softly. Ruby wanted to reach out, cup his bearded cheek in her hand.. To chase the pain that lingered in his eyes, that Ruby wondered if he knew it was there. She could feel the edge of some secret that he was slowly tip-toeing around, but she didn't press. Vilkas was entitled to his secrets and she wasn't. Her maroon eyes slipped from his face as his eyes closed. She didn't, she knew that from her short period of freedom. But on the run as she was, alone.. she couldn't stop and try and make friends.. settle.. Fear of being caught keeping her moving.

Then she had been found by Vilkas. She was in his home and he was helping her. Helping her escape the shackles of her life and offering her a new one with no string attached. Allowing her to invade his preferred solitude. Her eyes turned back to him and she smiled some.
"Thank you.." Rising to her feet she looked at him, mostly eye level. "I don't know what all you have in your fridge, but I am a decent cook.. Could I make you dinner?"

Vilkas only laughed at her comment, he was getting used to the fact that things he said didn't always come across the right way. It was a problem he had encountered before but now that she was around it was much easier to see, most people weren't graced with his presence for more than a few minutes at a time. "You know what I meant, don't pout." She wasn't actually pouting, he did know that but the more comfortable he got around her the easier he found it to tease her back, and he was starting to understand what made her uncomfortable and what didn't. Unfortunately, making her uncomfortable was actually quite fun for him, so he didn't always hold back. When he called her bunny, for example, he felt it might be a little too far but he liked it, she was a cute bunny and he didn't feel any shame in letting her know he thought that, no more than he had felt letting her know he found her attractive. It wasn't like she wasn't aware of how sexy she could be, or how it had made him feel examining her so why would he hide it?

"I'm sure, all of them. It really isn't a big deal, I have the material and I have time between projects." He laughed sharply. "I don't actually have that many projects right now anyway, most of the items I make in advance, nothing custom this month so far so you can have them all. You can help too, if you like." He could see she was thinking of something, and trying to figure it out wasn't something he was having much success with but if he had to guess, she was worried about paying him back. Her blush and small tremble at his comment didn't go unnoticed and he wondered if that was it, did she think he wanted her to pay him with her body? That needed addressing surely, if that was indeed the case. He was about to say something when she had asked him why he was alone or if he preferred it. After his explanation, she had moved closer, something he appreciated knowing how he had scared her earlier.

"You're welcome, little red, really." He tried one of his smiles again, doing his best not to let it twist into a grin like the others, he wanted to put her at least a little at ease. It wasn't like he had much to offer in the way of that, not when it was clear he still scared her a little. "I...Ruby, just so you know..." He had to find a better way to put it but he wasn't very good with words or delicacy. "You don't owe me for this, I want to make it clear." He looked her in the eyes, he wanted to know she heard him. "I didn't bring you here because you're attractive or that I wanted to fuck you in return for some shelter, you're not chattel, or a slave here. I don't expect nor want to take advantage of you, and I don't want you thinking you have to repay me in some way." He lifted his hand like he wanted to place it on her head to reassure her, but hesitated, thinking better of it. He was sure he still scared her. "You needed help, I didn't like those assholes in the park and here we are. That's the end of it, you don't annoy me so you can stay but I just..." He shook his head and growled softly. "Never mind. Dinner? Sure, I think I'd like that, I'm not the best cook myself, I do okay." In truth he mostly lived off meat, sandwiches and whatever he could grill the easiest along with take-out if he was feeling the urge. "Help yourself to anything in the kitchen, hell I will give you a hand. Be nice to see how you're actually meant to cook but I can't say I have much in."

She could help make her clothes? Her smile had been shy but happy at the idea. She had never had a chance to figure out who she was, what she liked. She might have been seventeen years old... But so many things were brand new. Picking her own clothes, finding her style? It was a big shiny new thing that would be her and her alone. Looking up at him she smiled sweetly. Still standing when he said her name she sat back down. No playful name.. Her head cocked to one side as she watched him, her knee brushing his own. Her cheeks flushed as he tried to correct a misconception she might have. Looking down at her hands she missed as his hand lifted and hovered above her head, dropping before she looked back up. A small frown on her lips. "Vilkas.." His name was soft and she sighed softly.

He was afraid to touch her, but Ruby it seemed din't have the same qualms. The hand that had lifted to rest on her crimson locks was taken in one of her small ones. If they'd been closed she might have kissed his cheek again or curled into his lap.
"I will admit at first, that was a fear.." She paused and shook her head, her maroon eyes meeting his own. "And I do want to pay you back" She lifted her free hand to cover his mouth as it opened. "Hush, just let me finish." She smiled at him and waited till she was sure he'd let her finish. "I don't want to pay you back because I feel I have to in the sense you might see it. I want to give you back some of the kindness that you've given me. I can't ever repay you to the same extent, because well... you have given me freedom." Her smile was soft and her eyes shimmered. "As to not annoying you, I will do my best" A laugh left her and she smiled. "But you can't stop me from trying to repay you for a gift that is so rare." She let his hand go and rose, brushing at her eyes.

Sniffling she nodded. "I like to cook.. I am sure I can make something pretty yummy" Moving towards the kitchen she looked over her shoulder with a shy smile. "Coming?" After a few moments she had pulled out two thick ham steaks and a can of pineapple.. Rummaging more she found two potatoes growing eyes. Gammon Steak with pineapple rings with homemade chips sounded good. She could only hope Vilkas would enjoy it. Pealing the potatoes she cut them into thick strips. While she moved like a small contained storm. Gathering a pan to fry the chips, another for the Gammon.. As she worked she sang, her voice rich and sweet. A song she'd learned from the cooks, her voice rising and falling while she moved.

Nearly thirty minutes later she'd set out plates for them both. Thick Gammon steak, topped with grilled pineapple. Hot fresh out of the fryer chips. Steam curled from the plate and she looked to him with a smile.
"You need some greens, ya know?" Both serious and teasing. She'd need greens at least. A diet of just meat wouldn't be something she could. "I hope you like it." She took a seat and smiled at him, waiting for him to take the first bite.

Vilkas had looked at her as she had grabbed his hand, briefly glancing down at it. He was wary of touching her after the inspection he had given her, after showing hints of his darker side and desires, after seeing how she was so scared of him in that moment but she was braver than she appeared. He knew she was still scared, could probably still sense that inside him was a predator but she was also trying to push through it, perhaps. He didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing, it might make him more comfortable around her and more able to control it, or it might push the desires of the wolf further. He could feel a small flash of lust as the animal behind his eyes yearned to just take her where she was. As her hand was near his lips it felt so tender, nobody really treated him like this at all and his urge to just let it be was mixed with one that pushed him to try and break the tension he was feeling, to make a joke or comment that he knew wouldn't be as serious in tone. He smiled and chuckled darkly. "Well if you really want to repay me I'll go grab some of the cuffs I made..." He realised what he had said a moment after he had said it, and his eyes flashed with annoyance at himself for being unable to resist. "Damn it, sorry...I'm not great at serious talks." He grinned apologetically. "I'm sure you won't annoy me much at all, little red, you're a sweet girl..."

He caught himself before adding 'and you should run far and fast before I end up hurting you...', unable to get the words out. He had already warned her but there was a huge difference between that and knowing what awaited her if he lost control. Part of why he couldn't tell her was that he had guarded this secret his whole life, he didn't know what would happen if it got out, how he would be treated, would be be the one hunted then? Would he be locked up, killed? Part of it was because he didn't know how she would look at him, even barely knowing her he feared it. Following her into the kitchen he mused on it while she helped herself to his refrigerator and cooked, time passing quickly as he tried to weigh the pros and cons of telling her until the scent of gammon and chips filled the room. When she set the plate down he smiled, dragged from his thoughts.

"Mmm, it looks delicious, better than I would have cooked it for sure." He chuckled at her comment and shrugged a little as he cut off a piece of the steak along with a little pineapple. "Maybe, but I'm a carnivore at heart, and a hunter. You can't hunt a lettuce." He took a bite and closed his eyes, savouring the meat. He liked it like this, it was well done, it was how he often cooked. The wolf inside him craved it rarer but the human part liked it cooked well, perhaps because it reminded him that he wasn't just a beast. Chewing and swallowing, he had a satisfied look on his face as he started to cut off more. "I was right, delicious. You might not be the tastiest thing in the house anymore, little red." Again he laughed softly at his own dumb joke, unaware of exactly how inappropriate he could be with them before he nodded. "I can get greens when I go shopping, if only just because you want them. Anything to get you to cook more, this is so much better than take out or my own cooking." He frowned a little. "Not that you have to...I'm not trying to make you cook for me or anything, just if you enjoy it and want to then I wouldn't say no..."

Last edited:
His words had earned him a bright blush and she looked way.. She wasn't mad, but it was hard to be around someone who talked of it so casually. She had a pretty good idea of what made Vilkas tick... What his desires leaned towards. Pain. She didn't find the idea of being hurt within limits unappealing.. No, with the right partner she'd have been perhaps willing and even eager. Back home though, she wouldn't have had a say. If they wanted to hurt her, truly hurt her, they would and she would have had no choice but to take it. She could have reassured him, but for now, she let it drop. "It's okay" She wasn't ready and they didn't know one another. It didn't matter that he was handsome, or he was clearly attracted to her, not yet at least. Her face turned up to him and she smiled. "Much?" She stuck her tongue out some, playful. Ruby didn't know why, but soothing him and making him feel less awkward made her feel good. He might not need her like she needed him, but she could help with social skills before she left.

Watching him tuck into her food had made Ruby smile brightly and her smile only grew as Vilkas joked about hunting.
"Your argument isn't fool proof you know? Truffles are a delicacy and they need to be hunted for" Her voice playfully prim as she took a bite of gammon as well. It was good, though Ruby did miss greens. Even if she couldn't get her carnivore.. She blinked. Hers? Mentally she chided herself and corrected the sentence in her mind. Even if she couldn't get him to eat greens, she would have them at least. Vilkas pulled her from her mental wondering of what the hell was wrong with her with his joke. She couldn't help but pout at him playfully. "Woooooooooow. Ouch!" Giggling she rolled her eyes and shook her head. "You really are kinda cute when you say things, not thinking about how they can be taken" Her words soft as she shook her head once more, taking another bite of meat.

She looked back up at him and smiled.
"No! I would love to.. If you agree to clean?" her tone hopeful. Goddess she hated cleaning.. But she would happily cook for him if he would. The cleaning would also make her feel less like a slave, even if it was a touch unfair he bought and cleaned. Her smile was shy. "I would love to cook more, for the pleasure of it.. I could try all sorts of dishes, if you feel a little adventurous?" Back home, the menu had been pretty repetitive and boring. She had collected recipes from magazines, hoping one day to try them. Maybe Vilkas would be more outgoing? Or at least more willing to indulge her desire.

Vilkas laughed and nodded as he chewed his food. "Much. I'm sure you'll find some way to annoy me, everybody does, but I'm sure you're worth it." In part it helped stop him making a comment about her blushing, he didn't want to make her too uncomfortable, he knew he was going to do that often anyway by virtue of being who he was and how he spoke, no need to push it too much. A little playful banter would lighten any tension that built up, since Ruby was definitely his type and he was more than attracted to her. He grinned wolfishly when she pouted, already unable to resist yet another comment, especially when she called him cute. "Well it isn't like I have been able to compare, maybe you taste even better but it's going to be tough to beat this, you're a good cook." He stuck his tongue out at her, it was silly, something he didn't really ever do, but it felt right. Two could be playful. "Cute? Well that's a first...nobody has ever called me cute before...many, many things, but not cute."

As much of a loner as he had been, her company was fast turning him to the idea that maybe being alone wasn't the best thing. He was still wary...surely she would leave sooner or later, probably sooner and for the best too, he really shouldn't get attached since he had never had anybody in his life worth keeping there but Ruby...something about her put him at ease just as much as it riled the beast inside him, a double edged sword to be sure.
"Aye, I will clean if you want to cook, seems fair." He had to speak between bites, this time trying some of the chips and finding they were as perfectly cooked as the gammon itself and the pineapple. He raised his eyebrow at her comment about being adventurous, chuckling as he chewed until he had swallowed. "Are you saying I need more ingredients to satisfy you now? Just what have I gotten myself into by agreeing to this...I don't often eat things I would call adventurous." Despite his words, it was clear he wasn't complaining. "But if that's what you want then sure, next time I go to the store, if your ankle is any better, you can come with. Choose anything you like."

It wasn't long before he was finishing his meal and true to his word, he picked up his dish and carried it to the sink, running the hot water and squirting in a little soap, aiming for the stream to spread it through the bowl. Grabbing the pans she had used he put them in to soak while he poured himself a drink, a cold beer which just felt right with this. He didn't really drink often but after a hearty meal like that it seemed perfect, he even dropped a couple of ice cubes into the tray, looking to Ruby.
"Would you like one? I have other things if not. Don't worry, I'm not trying to get you drunk." He took a sip and sighed as the bitter chill his the back of his throat before setting it down, turning off the tap and grabbing a scourer, he started to clean the pans, rolling up his sleeves to protect them from the water.

She was worth it? A blush settled in her cheeks and that sweet color that blossomed in her cheeks deepened to scarlet as the comment veered back sexual... She shook her head and looked down at her plate, making a soft hmmm noise. All the little jokes about sex or sexually themed didn't bother her too much. She was mostly used to such remarks from home. Vilkas, however didn't mean them cruelly and they didn't make her feel uneasy in the same way. She smiled some and looked back to him. He was cute, well his awkwardness was cute, but he was more handsome, ruggedly so. The men she was used to were almost dainty and she had to admit, they had done nothing for her in the sexual sense.. Her mind wandered while she picked at her food.

Vilkas was far more closer to her "type". Not that she'd have been such a luxury had she stayed with her masters... But as a free subhuman? Her eyes moved up some to stare at him. His tanned skin was not the flawless paleness she was used to. He had scars, she assumed from fights and work. Long chestnut hair was thick and looked silky to touch, much like the trimmed beard that graced his cheeks. His pale blue eyes were lovely and shrouded by thick lashes that many women would have traded their souls for.. His wide mouth, didn't smile as much as she wished it to, for when he smiled, his face softened and he was breathtaking. Not that she planned to ever tell him any of this. She bit her lower lip and smiled at her plate as she looked back down at it. Changing the subject, she laughed as he questioned her.

"Well, how bout after a while? Make sure you like what I cook to start" Besides, it would be wise to have a base understanding of what he liked before making him try new things. She smiled at him, shy but happily. "I'd like that." Ruby would have liked to go out of the house more of less free and without worry. Even if she had to pretend to be owned by him, they both knew it. Picking her plate up she carried it into the kitchen, handing to him. When he pulled out a beer she tipped her head at it quizzically, and then met his eyes. She'd never had alcohol before.

"Please?" She smiled and took the beer he offered her, served in a glass with ice as well. Taking a sip she wrinkled her nose a little, but she wasn't ready to give up on the experience quite yet. A few more slips and the taste was more palatable as she got used to the bitterness. Moving to boost herself onto the counter, she realized her folly only after she had settled herself on the cool surface. Getting down was going to be harder than up. A problem for later then. Another sip of beer and she could feel it's effects slowly start to take hold.

Vilkas took another sip of his beer, holding the pint glass tight to stop it slipping as his hand was soapy and wet, musing on the look he had seen from her when she thought he hadn't been looking. Was it just him, or did she perhaps share a little of the attraction he had for her? It was probably wishful thinking, but he liked her, liked the way she talked back to him, not intimidated even though she had seen his predatory nature, sensed it somehow. Instinct of a bunny, most likely. "After a while, sure, though I don't think I'm going to dislike much of it. I'm not fussy even if I do like the simple pleasures in life, if you want to try cooking something different then by all means let me get the ingredients." He laughed, turning towards her and taking the plate from her before drying his hands quickly so that he could easier poor her a beer too. Handing it over, he watched her take a sip, grinning. She clearly had never had anything like it before, had they never let her drink where she had been from? She persisted, taking a few more sips of it before he shook his head and moved past her to the fridge while she boosted herself up onto the countertop. He pulled out a bottle of diet coke and placing it beside her. "I don't think that's to your taste, huh little red?"

He leaned close to her, almost between her thighs as he reached over her shoulder to open one of the cupboards, pulling out a half full bottle of Jack Daniels, unscrewing the top and pouring a generous amount into a half pint glass, easily a double shot and then some. Taking a large drink from the bottle itself before capping it he put it back and stepped away from her, filling the rest of the glass with a couple of ice cubes and then to the top with coke. Finally, he pulled a straw from the drawer next to where she was sat.
"Here, try this instead, might be more up your alley" Moving back to the sink, he took a large swig of his beer before starting to wash the dishes again, letting her try out the new, less bitter drink if she liked but leaving her the beer too. "So is this your first time drinking, or just the first time drinking beer?" He laughed as he worked on cleaning up. "I saw the way your wrinkled your nose at it. Don't worry, not everybody likes it but there is more than one way to drink." It took only a few minutes to finish washing up, and pouring out the soapy water and grabbing a dishtowel, he turned to face her and leaned back against the counter while he started to dry everything.

The way she was sat, he knew she really wouldn't want to hop down, it wouldn't be good for her ankle at all but they would cross that bridge when they came to it, he could easily lower her to the ground.
"So? How is it? Don't worry, I think the food you cooked was delicious so if you really want to try something else I'm game." He grinned at her, taking another drink of his beer, the glass mostly empty already by now. "Tell me what kind of things you're thinking of though, maybe I am more adventurous than you think but I at least want a heads up. It's only fair." Drying took less time than the washing up had, each item placed in the rack while he watched her drink with a smile, the company definitely not bad to have.

She blushed and looked down at the beer in her hands, feeling a little guilty about being caught disliking the drink. "No.. I like it.." It was growing on her, the hoppy, bitter taste that coated her mouth. When he moved in towards her, Ruby held her breath, the warmth of his body chasing the slight chill from her own skin. A quick flash of an idea hit her, and she pushed it away quickly. Burying her face in the crook of his neck and inhaling his scent was not something she should do... She stilled and watched as he poured the amber colored liquid into a glass, taking a sip of it. She could smell the tang of alcohol on his breath as he moved to pour the coke into the glass and smiled some. Her smile grew as he plopped a straw in the drink and handed it to her.

Her fingers brushed his as she took it and she took a small sip, testing it. It was sweet not only from the diet coke, but she could only assume the amber booze. It was a nice paring though and while she could taste it, the warm burn of fire as she swallowed, it wasn't bad.
"I like this better.." Ruby's smile was shy and she blushed. "Um.. first time" Taking another large sip looking to the beer that rested beside her on the count top. "It was really bitter, but it kinda go better after a few sips" She nudged her half empty glass towards him as he neared the end of his own with s smile.

"Hmm.. Well I wanted to try and make a curry, I think massaman curry. It has potatoes, meat, peanuts. I forget what else goes into it. Um.. I'd also like to try and make a fish pie.. And dumplings." her smile had grown with each dish and she shrugged. "I may never be able to see the world, but I can make food from around it" Her voice was shy, but Ruby seemed to glow with the idea of doing so. Taking another sip of her drink, it was clear the effects it was beginning to have. Her cheeks flushed now, a rosy red shade. Humming softly she swayed on the counter. Ruby, without a doubt was a light weight.

A random thought slid into her mind and she giggled at it, the sound bright and cheery. Her eyes met his and she giggled again. She wouldn't be able to explain the odd amalgamation her intoxicated mind had made up, nor could she stop the flow of giggles as she took another big drink of her jack and coke. Ruby's eyes held his own and she smiled, another thought popping into her head and out of her mouth.
"I like when you smile"

Vilkas had to laugh when she stubbornly insisted that she liked the beer, it was blatantly obvious from the way she had wrinkled her nose that it wasn't to her taste but she was being polite. He had already come to expect that from Ruby, what with her comforting him despite not knowing him very well and maybe being scared of him. He was getting the feeling she cared about others a lot, that she would sacrifice her own comfort to make those around her happy, to a point. There was obviously a limit, she had run from her master after all, but she still had that strong trait. "Don't lie to me, I can tell you hated it." He had a smile on his face as he said it, and was listening to her and finishing off his own drink when she spoke again, even blushing as she admitted it was her first time drinking. "Yeah, alcohol does that, the more you drink the better it tastes, beer might take some time though."

While she talked about food, he picked up her half empty glass and started on that one too, figuring it would be more fair if he drank a little more to match her inexperience, he was barely feeling it after the one he had drank already. Hearing all the things she wanted to make he could pick the excitement out of her voice, it was crystal clear in her tone that this was something she would enjoy a lot and he was grinning by the time she had finished listing the food.
"None of that sounds bad at all...you really like cooking so much?" The look on her face said it all, she had even started to giggle and he was unsure how much was the alcohol and how much was excitement at cooking for her own enjoyment. Stepping closer to her, he smiled brightly at her last comment and chuckled as he reached past her to the cupboard again, pouring some of the Jack Daniels into his own glass to make up roughly a couple of shots, and then a little more into hers.

"I like when you smile too, little red, you should definitely do it more often." He didn't break eye contact as he filled his glass with some coke, and added more to hers to keep it sweet. "Definitely helps to have something to smile about, you might just be good company. Can't tell yet, will have to wait and see." She was clearly enjoying her first drink, and a lightweight at that if her flushed cheeks were anything to go by but he really didn't mind, if anything he thought it was cute. He stayed near her, leaning on the countertop next to her while they drank. "Any more recipes you'd like to try? All of those sound delicious, I'd be happy to get you the ingredients and try them, so long as you don't intend to poison me." He looked at her with mock suspicion. "Though I'm not sure what a massaman curry is meant to be...I tend to keep my food choices very basic, I eat meat, potatoes, bread, cheese, bunnies..." He grinned, starting to feel a little tipsy. "Careful when you get down by the way, I know it probably hurts less now but don't want to land on that ankle."

She stuck her tongue out stubbornly when he told her not to lie to him. "I'm not!" was the protest, and she sulked at him, though much like his own face, hers held humor. His explanation made sense, like a food that you needed to force yourself to like. Her mind had been filled with thoughts of the food she wanted to make them. It wasn't just make anymore. She wanted to cook Vilkas food. It had only been a day, but Ruby couldn't help but have a strong like of him, his strange ways and his kindness that he brushed off as nothing. The closeness of his body to hers was nice, the errant thought came and went just as quickly.

"Thank you" her smile was shy as he topped her glass off with coke.. It was unclear to her if it was to the compliment he repaid her with, or the fact that he'd filled her glass. His next comment made her eyes go wide, glass held to her lips. Swallowing the sip she put her glass down and pouted at him once more. "Mean!" Ruby giggled and swayed slightly. Her cheeks deepened as he listed off the food he ate.. She heard that last one. While he was busy cautioning her about getting down from the counter her eyes were fixed on his mouth. Leaning in some, she said his name. "Vilkas" her voice soft.

When his head turned her way, her mouth pressed to his, one small hand cupping his bearded cheek. Her fingers brushed the rougher hairs, the texture surprising her a touch. Ruby's breath was sweet with coke and jack.. Lips softly pressed to his. The kiss was chaste, shy.. And her first. Slowly pulling back, her cheeks rosier even now she gave him a shy smile, her hand falling back down. Picking up her glass she took another sip of her coke. What she'd done, the kiss, not fully sinking in for a moment. Then, her eyes went wide and she shook her head. "I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have..."

Her sulk was clearly playful, and Vilkas chuckled, grinning at her and shaking his head. "You little liar...we both know it wasn't to your taste, and that's okay. Maybe we can get you a fruity cocktail or something girly to drink." He knew he was being slightly sexist but he truly didn't mean it in a mean way, he was feeling comfortable around her and starting to feel the affects of his own drinks, just a playful ribbing that he knew she would take well. Listening to her giggle, to her call him mean for his comments he could even see her swaying and blushing some more. He was in good spirits, taking another drink when she called his name. He looked back up at her, a smile playing at his lips. "I'm not mean, I'm hon..."

Her lips pressed to his and he had no time to avoid it, not that he would have even tried had he seen her coming. The shock hit him first right before the taste, jack, coke...sweet like honey, warm and soft, a little heat from her breath. The shock wore off in an instant and his tongue grazed against her lips, he had to fight himself to not push between them, to explore her mouth, the temptation was strong and just as he was about to succumb to it she had pulled back and was smiling at him, that shy look on her face and the lingering touch on his cheek, still warm from her hand.
"Ruby, you..." Despite living alone very few things left him speechless, Vilkas was a loud man when he was around others, he spoke his mind and didn't hold back but he hadn't expected the kiss...not from her, he never really kissed anybody softly like that. Most of his encounters were call girls, or women he picked up in bars for one reason only, there was heated passion, hunger, but not like that.

He placed his drink down next to her and shook his head, his smile returning after the sheer surprise of what had happened had replaced it with a stunned look.
"Shush, it's okay, little red. I get it, I'm irresistible, I should have been more careful." Even as he teased her he was reaching up, his fingers brushing a few strands of hair out of her face. "Besides, it was sweet. You're cute, if a little bit drunk." Before thinking it through his lips were on hers again, a little more insistently than when she had kissed him, this time his tongue probing a little harder, parting her lips while his hand slid through her hair and over one of her ears, so soft as he flattened it against her head. Like the first kiss it was over in seconds, Vilkas pulling back and a soft growl of lust being barely suppressed. He wanted her...with most girls he would already be reaching to undress her but Ruby was different, she wasn't like that, seemed more naive and reserved even though he assumed she had been used to the attentions of men, she was a sex slave for all intents and purposes, wasn't she? It was all the more reason that he couldn't, that he had to stop while he could still think and hold back the animal that wanted him to drag her off the counter top and take her on the floor.

"Okay...I think we gave you a little too much to drink, probably best if we get you to bed. Come here." He took her drink from her hand and laid it down on the counter, still in reach if she wanted to try and grab it but he'd rather not spill it on himself as he placed his hands on her waist and lifted her up. Pulling her close, he leaned her against him and his arm slipped around the backs of her thighs, holding her to him like he would a child, chuckling as he stumbled just a little, tipsy but able to balance himself. "Let's get you to bed, I'll take the couch again, drunkard." He was laughing as he spoke and started to carefully carry her through the front room and up the stairs towards the bedroom. "You know you don't make it easy, little red...you can't be just kissing me while being so cute, I won't always be able to hold back."

Why had she kissed him? That was the thought in her mind as he said her name. He looked unsure for a moment, but a shakes of his head and his smile was back. Cheeks still flamed as he told her it was okay and she giggled as he said he was irresistible. The touch of his fingers along her skin soothing as he brushed a few stray strands of hair from her face. "I'm not drunk!" Though they both knew the hiccuped statement was untrue. Ruby was still remembering how it had felt to press her lips to his... and the soft brush of his tongue along her lower lip. And then, she felt the sensation once more.

Ruby stiffened if only for a moment, as his mouth slanted over her own. This time when his tongue pressed to her lips, there was an insistence and her body reacted naturally. Her mouth opened slightly and she gasped against his mouth. The hand that hand found her ear, pressing it against her had made Ruby shiver slightly. It had lasted no longer, but her heart raced within her breast and she stared at him, lips slightly agape. The growl that left him had both her ears pitching forward towards the sound and she blushed brighter, the pink now a cheery red in her cheeks.

She was still processing the kiss, how it had made her feel as he plucked the glass from her hand and set it on the counter. She'd blinked and found herself cradled in his arms. Much like how her mouth had opened under the demand of his own, instinct once more took over and her arms wrapped around his neck automatically. She couldn't bring herself to say anything yet. Mortified she'd been the one to kiss him first. That.. she had liked the way it felt for him to kiss her back. She looked up at him as she stumbled, just one step. Her maroon eyes trailed over his face even as he teased her. A soft giggle left her as he said he'd take the couch. It was as they started up the stairs that Vilkas spoke again. She gave a small squeak and turned her head into his shoulder, hiding her face from him. "I'm sorry" The words a soft little moan of pitiful noise.

She didn't say the next words, she.. couldn't. Maybe he shouldn't have held himself back. Was it because she was drunk? Or.. He was the first decent human she'd ever known..? Perhaps she was just a wanton little bunny. A smile curled against his shoulder seconds before he was laying her on the bed. Her arms loosened and she bit her lower lip. He was being a perfect gentleman. The kisses had sobered her slightly... He could have done more with her and Ruby didn't know if she would have stopped him. Vilkas.. The loner, who told her he wanted to hurt her and that she shouldn't trust him so easily. But this was why she trusted him. He hadn't and wasn't taking advantage of the silly bunny she was. "Thank you" She gave him a small smile and snuggled herself under the covers. Pulling his shirt up and over her head from within them she folded it and lay it on the night stand. Snuggling back into his bed naked she gave him a smile. "Night Vilkas"

She had no idea what watching her strip in his bed might have done to him, or how she pulled the sheets up to her chin. Or the shy little smile on her lips.. or the way she was looking at him. Ruby may have been destined to be a sex slave.. had seen the act.. but there was a definite innocence that clung to her, even still.

Vilkas had merely chuckled and shook his head as she had apologised, Ruby was already in his arms and he could feel her latch her own arms around his neck, leaning into him as he carefully carried her through the house and towards the stairs. "You don't need to be sorry, just be careful..." It wasn't like it had been before, when she had been naked and vulnerable before him, when his hands had been all over her, exploring her...but the wolf inside him was still baying, he could hear the sound of it's desires in his ear as though it were real but he knew it wasn't, he knew only he could hear it, feel what it wanted. It wanted her. He had seen that she had been willing, he could hear her heart beat even now, feel the heat from her. He'd caught the way she blushed and her ears had pricked towards him, and that shiver...the squeak, the way she hid her face in his shoulder, the warmth of her breath on his neck...he could take her, take advantage of her so easily but this girl...Ruby, his little red, she had been through enough. Funny, when did he start thinking of her as his little red? Reaching the bedroom he had laid her down gently onto the bed, having to bend down low over it to deposit her as she was gripping him so tightly.

He pulled back and smiled down at her, shaking his head as she wriggled herself beneath the covers.
"You have no idea what danger you're in, do you, little bunny?" His tone was still happy, he wasn't angry with her but there was a slight growl to it, a darker edge as he watched her pull away his shirt while hidden from his sight beneath the covers. It was almost too much, like she was teasing him deliberately, something a trained sex slave in her position would no doubt be well practised in, using her body to seduce except...the look on her face, the way she was acting and thanked him made him feel she was far more innocent than she should be. He leaned down again, raising his knee onto the bed and leaning over her, a hand at each side of her head as his eyes met hers and his grin faded into a more serious look. One of lust, desire...he wasn't going to hurt her but she had to be aware of what he was. Another soft growl. "You still don't know who I am...what I could do to you, would do to you." Slowly he moved so that he was straddling her waist, completely pinning her down albeit gently, not putting any real weight on her unless she tried to push him away. He didn't expect that she would. "I hold myself back every day, with every interaction but you bring it out of me...the wolf...the desire, the need, just looking at you now makes me want to...and kissing you...tasting you...I know you're drunk, that's my mistake, but you have to be careful around me, you're still prey...I'm still the beast." He leaned down and his lips touched to her forehead. "I hate the things I might do to you if I lose control, little red. Ruby...and I don't want to scare you away."

He pulled back, his heart racing, his manhood reacting to his desires, growing...he felt it pressing against her as he lifted himself from her, from the bed. Looking back down at her he had the wild look in his eyes, like he was fighting something but it started to fade as quickly as it had come up on him, worry replacing it, realisation that he had lost himself just a little in the moment.
"I'm sorry...I really am sorry, Ruby...goodnight. Sleep sweet, please...don't be scared of me, I don't want that but...nothing. It doesn't matter. Goodnight." He hurried from the room, slamming his hand against the wall once he reached the bottom of the stairs, so stupid...why had he let himself drink around her while she had her first drink herself? He pulled off his shirt and dropped it on the floor, unbuckled his belt and tore down his jeans, stepping out of them sullenly, annoyed at himself more than anything as he laid down on the couch and stared at the ceiling. It was so foolish, his own slight inebriation had made it easy for him to react to the kiss, something he hadn't expected from her, he didn't even think she liked him in that way, not really but all he could think about as he closed his eyes was the taste of her lips, the feel of her beneath him and his own, ravenous hunger. It wasn't food he craved either...not to tear or rend. It took over an hour before his mind stopped and he drifted off into a deep sleep, wearing nothing but his boxers.

In his dreams, she was there to taunt him more, naked, running, even giggling as he chased her down, his eyes on that perfect little cottontail.

She looked up at him when he asked her if she knew what danger she was in. Blinking large eyes at him she shook her head some. He kept telling her she was in danger, in danger from him, but never how he was a danger to her. When she found herself staring into his face, a hand on either side of her head, Ruby's heart gave the first skip. That grin fading away from his features, the look he gave her now was dark and something else she didn't understand fully. Desire? The growl the rumbled from his throat had both her ears perking towards him again and underneath him, she trembled as he crawled over her. Vilkas was not a small man, he was well built, with strong limbs and toned planes. His words made little sense, even as she knew he meant every word.

Vilkas was human. He had no features of a subhuman, no tail, no ears, no scales or any other sign of the deficiency that marked one as such. Though, with the bulk of him above her, the words that were filled with the bass of the growl that had slipped from him.. Wolf, desire, kissing her, tasting her and how he was a beast. The brush of his lips against her forehead made her flinch. The kiss itself had not hurt, had she not now been scared of him once more, of what he said, and continued to say? It would have been almost sweet. Ruby could feel through the sheets, his clothes, the exact size of his desire for her. Wide eyed Ruby didn't move as he rose from the bed. She couldn't help the way her heart raced, or the fear she felt as the look in his eyes faded. Her mouth was dry as he apologized. She could only manage a nod as he hurried from the room.

Above him still ticked into his bed, Ruby jumped at the sound of his hand connecting with the wall. None of this had been his fault. She knew that. She had broken the seal of the desire he felt. Hell, even scared.. she still wanted him as she had just moments before. Wolf. The word came back to her and she frowned. Wolf... Her eyes widened and she sat up, looking at the door. That's what he sort of smelled like..... But that... Wasn't possible. Vilkas was human! Sleep took a while to claim her that night, her mind swirling. When it did finally suck her into dream land she dreamed of him. Curled up with a large wolf curled around her.

The sun filtered into room as Ruby woke. Shame and uncertainty filled her. Biting her lower lip she pulled his shirt on and moved to the bathroom. In the shower she took her time, avoiding him till she worked up the courage to face him. She'd kissed him. Forced him to restrain himself. She knew without a shadow of a doubt he wanted her. Dressed once more, the problem still on her mind she stood at the top of the stairs starring down the length of them. She'd taken two pills when she'd woken, the ones he'd left the morning before. They had yet to kick in, but it wasn't pain that made her linger at the top of the stairs. It was him. Ruby still didn't fear him... She knew that was foolish. He had said he wanted to hurt her. While he was afraid of what he might to do her, she was curious.

Sighing she slowly descended the stairs. They needed breakfast. Something to break what was bound to be a very awkward morning. Her hair was piled into a bun on top of her head, messy tendrils swaying with each step around her brows and the back of her neck. The borrowed shirt still clung to her soft curves. Looking around for him, Ruby found him still fast asleep on the couch. Her eyes lingered on his strong body and she felt a lick of desire curl within her. Thoughts she'd never had about any man, she thought of Vilkas. Sighing softly, Ruby headed for the kitchen.. She'd make french toast if the had the fixings for it. Maybe some bacon.. Anything to distract her mind from the problems at hand. The more she thought of it, the harder it was to control her own feelings for a man she'd only met two days before.. The arousal she felt. And then there was the puzzling scent and his words from last night. Wolf, beast.
Peaking into the fridge, she found all of the fixings she needed.. Beginning to work on breakfast, she let her mind wander as she went through the motions.

Even as he had been falling asleep Vilkas had been thinking of the way she had looked at him as he had her pinned, those beautiful wide eyes...it was just his luck, he stuck himself out there to save a person in the park and she had to be so cute, innocent...a prey animal and more than that, a bunny. Turns out he had a thing for bunnies...strange how he had never known before now but suddenly he was unable to get the thought out of his mind. Demi-humans were not the usual kind of girls he picked up so he hadn't ever had one, he could have hired a demi-human prostitute of course, there were so very many of them out there but they were forced into that service. He had made a point of only hiring girls that seemed in control of their own business, using websites rather than the seedier underground pimps that no doubt had many slave girls both human and demi-human and didn't pay them nearly what they should be earning. As he had drifted off he knew only one thing really, that he wanted her to stay. He had already started to truly enjoy her company, she had lit up his life in just a day and the thought of losing that made him feel raw.

Bacon.

Before sound, sight or anything else it was that smell that hit him first. Given his rather unhealthy diet Vilkas always had a supply of bacon in for when he fancied it and the smell hit him hard. Opening his eyes slowly, his keen ears picked up the sizzle of it being fried in a pan along with movement in the kitchen. It took a few moments for the previous night to catch up to him and make itself known, what had happened, what he had done, the kiss, Ruby...all of it. He closed his eyes again and tried to think rationally, a cold feeling inside him when he remembered how he had pinned her down and what he had said...why was she still here? If he were her, he would have...well, maybe not, but surely a sensible person would have ran for the hills, bad ankle or not, right? He wasn't sorry that she had stayed, he felt happy about it but a little confused as well as he looked down and realised that he was almost completely naked, sleeping without covers and most of his clothes again. Had she seen him? She had kissed him, she had to be at least a little attracted to him, right? He was a well built, powerful man...the scars might be a little off putting but he knew he was attractive, if she had been in that state of undress on the sofa he would have looked, taken his time...but wasn't it different for her? He couldn't think she would do the same. Shaking his head free of the random thoughts he pushed himself up into a sitting position and grabbed his jeans, a shower could wait, he wanted to check on her. Pulling them on and the shirt he had let fall next to it, he made his way into the kitchen on bare feet after a small squirt of the aftershave he kept on the table just in case, quietly despite his size.

Walking in behind her he smiled, half real and half forced just to try and brush off the previous night, though it would have likely been more effective if it weren't for the words that came with it.
"Still here, little red? Didn't scare you off after all then." The sentence ended with a soft chuckle, a sad lilt to it as he clearly thought it had been a possibility. "Umm...I'm really sorry about last night...if I scared you again i didn't mean to I just...I probably shouldn't have drank with you." His initial plan had to be pretend it never happened but clearly his brain had other ideas. "I liked it, the kiss I mean...it was sweet, you're a sweet girl but I shouldn't have kissed you back, you were obviously drunk...I should know better than to take advantage of a beautiful bunny like that." He grinned sheepishly, this was far more awkward than it had to be. "And you're even making me breakfast too, I assume this is for me?" He leaned against the counter next to her, looking down as he just watched her cook, unable to really take his eyes off her now that she was in his line of sight again.

Why did she have to be so perfect? Why couldn't she have been an insect girl or something?

Back
Top Bottom