Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ergastulum. (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

He frowned softly and lowered his gaze, "No, he did not...demo," he paused and bowed deeply, "please forgive me, I have failed the Tamura family."

Megohime stared at Kojurou for a moment before she realized what he was implying. “Oh.” She said softly, clenching her fists. It hurt her arm to do so, seeing as it was wrapped and in a sling, but she did it regardless, she wanted to feel the pain. “Tell me. How did it happen?” Her voice was even, calm; she wasn’t angry at him? Wasn’t upset? “I want to know all of it.”

"I had the poloce department hand me the only file on the matter." He said before moving to place it gently beside her, "Please forgive my most heinous of sins."

“Stop speaking like that.” She said quietly and picked up the file with her good hand, placing it on her lap and opening it up. There wasn’t much, only a few written documents and a couple of crime scene photos. The photos were of a car- rather what was left of it. It was just the burnt out shell of a car, and even with the majority of its distinguishing features burned away, she could tell it was her fathers favorite car.
“And of the estate? The business, how have things been fairing in my fathers absence?” She looked at the photos a moment longer before closing the file and looking to Kojurou.

She set her jaw and let out a breath. “I will.” She said firmly, looking to Kojurou. “There was a meeting scheduled for a few days away- all the family heads, I’ll be joining them.”

“I refuse.” She said sharply. “In three days there will be the meeting of the Four Heads, and I will be there. If I were to do anything less, I’d be a disappointment to my father.”

“Will you please prepare me a debriefing for the me-“ She paused, making a face. “The man- Twilight, the Twilight that came for me, it wasn’t you, who was it?” She asked.

"It was the last thing your father requested before he passed." So, the old man did care. "He hired a Twilight, Date Masamune, to find you."

Megohime made a faint noise, running her fingers along the file in her lap. “And where is he now?” She asked, expression had, showing no emotion.

Megohime was taken by surprise at Kojurou’s words, expecting the Twilight to be long gone. “Bring him in.” She said. “I’d like to see him.”

He hesitated before nodding, moving to open the door and let Masamune in. The young man entered and moved to stand beside Megohime, looking indifferent.

Megohime looked him up and down, recognizing him as the man who had saved her from being killed. She reached out with her good hand, taking his tags in hand and looking them over. “My father hired you, huh?” She muttered almost to herself, then let go of his tags to look up at him. “I assume he paid in advance?”

“It’s fine, if my father was your contract holder, I’ve no say in what he does-“ She paused. “Did.” Shaking her head she moved on from the subject. “I only wanted to extend his offer- stay on my payroll, accept me as your contract holder and I’ll make sure you’re taken care of; housing, food, pay, celebrer- I’ll provide it all, as long as you stay by my side and ensure my safety.”

“Kojurou,” Her tone was firm. “With father and mother both gone, we’re left with a power vacuum, and if no one fills that role soon, we’ll have have other families on us like flies on crap. I will fill that role, but I can’t do it with just you alone.” She looked to Kojurou, her expression softer. “He’s capable. I can’t have you going and getting yourself killed just yet, I still need you.”

Megohime has to stifle a laugh, turning back to look at him. “No, Kojurou can show you to the wing where the employees are housed, they’re all furnished relatively the same; a bed, a dresser for your clothes, desk.” She said.

He nodded and glanced at Kojurou, who scowled a bit and bowed to Megohime before leaving the room. Masamune saluted to her before following the older man.

Megohime could see the tension Kojurou held with their newest family addition, but she needed more. If she were to not end up like her father, she would need it all: more power, more influence, more muscle; and Masamune was going to help with that. She exhaled heavily, touching the file in her lap lightly before laying back, needing to rest up as much as she could before the meeting.

When the day came, Masamune sat across from her in the car, quietly holding his katana to his chest. He kept to himself a lot, she noticed. How peculiar.

Back
Top Bottom