Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How to Care for Your Human [Gambuiness x Degu]

"Thank you." The amount of towels they were going through already was insane, but at least they could be washed and dried. Wrapping her hair up in it, she nodded her appreciation as he draped the second around her. "I assumed we would have to sleep on the couch." Moving Charles wasn't an option, and she was prepared to sleep either on the couch, or on the floor somewhere. Either would work, even if they weren't nearly as comfortable as the bed. "Yeah, I need to shower after setting things on fire and then swimming around." Even the water hadn't fully washed away the remaining smell of wood and smoke.

"I'll see you inside, then." Leaning down to pick up her discarded shirt, she disappeared back to the house wrapped in both of the towels. She was careful to be quiet as she retrieved clean clothes and tiptoed into the bathroom, starting up the water with a quick spray as it heated up. She had no reason to take a long shower, and made the process as quick as possibly before preparing for the remainder of the day.

It wasn't very eventful, the hours passing by with the periodic checks done on Charles. He was still sleeping, with no apparent complications, and dinner came and went with no issue. By that point Serenity was dressed in clean shorts and a tank top, uncaring of the tattoo showing now that it was just the three of them, and only two of them conscious and coherent. Plopping onto one end of the couch, she stifled a yawn and looked at Matthew. "This is going to be interesting, trying to fit both of us on this couch."

The rest of the day was peacefull what Matthew enjoyed a lot. He had experienced enough drama during the last days, for the rest of his life. When it got dark outside, he and Serenity had to find a place to sleep. It was clear to him, that they would spend the night together, just like they did the night before. After he went to the bath, to wash himself up, he collected two blankets from his closet in the bedroom as well as two pillows before he returned to the living room and saw Serenity sitting on the couch.

He sat down next to her and placed the pillows on one end of the couch. ''Well, I could lie down and you lie beside me, with your back to the back of the couch. That way you won't fall down accidently during the night. If that doesn't work, you would either have to lie on me or I could sleep on the floor and you got the couch for yourself. Of course I am open for better suggestions.'' Feeling her gaze on him, the urge to kiss her overcame him but he held back from giving in. He liked kissing her and having her close, but he didn't wanted to put pressure on her. This time, he would let her dictate their actions.

With his feet still on the floor, to not kick her accidently, he laid down on the couch and rested his head against one of the pillows. ''What do you say, should we try it?'' He tapped on the space on his left side and invited her to his side.

"Oh." Her cheeks turned a light pink, and she nodded shyly. Laying on top of him seemed a bit much, but she could manage to sleep beside him. It wasn't as if she hadn't done that, and even draped over him already, so what was the problem? "We can both lay down, you don't need to sleep on the floor." He already looked so comfortable with his large frame stretched out, not that she would have had the heart to send him to the floor anyway.

"Yeah, I think it'll work." There was a small lump of anxiety forming in her throat, and she swallowed hard before nodding and stretching out with a small yawn. She was still exhausted, mostly mentally, and gladly wiggled up beside him and set her head on another pillow. Her breathing stopped for a brief moment at their closeness, and she forced herself to inhale again and calm down. "Guess it's a good thing I don't kick in my sleep, or anything."

It was a tight fit with them both on the couch but in no way uncomfortable. He put his arm to the side, so that she could cuddle up closer to him and rested that arm then around her. The last night, which was way too short, took care that his exhaustion quickly took over. Starting to drfit away he heard her last remark and laughed silently. ''Right but we need to talk about the snoring.'' he said and laughed again. He felt her moving, she probably looked at him right now but he kept his eyes closed. ''Don't worry, it was just a joke. Good night Serenity, sleep well.'' The exhaustion took over and a moment later he was already sleeping.

Next Day
Ragnar

He woke up extra early today. Not just to be on time for the meeting, he wanted to spend a bit alone time with Sascha before the kids would wake up. It didn't happen too often, that he was able to see her while he was out on a mission and it was even more difficult, to spend time with her without of the kids around. On his way to the leaders house, he thought back to what she said to him during their love making. Another kid. He liked the thought of having four kids and as it nearly always was with them, he had the same thought before. He just wanted to wait with it until his mission would be over.

As he arrived at the house, he saw no one else around and entered it right away. The three leader of the village waited for him at the room with the big table where he sat down opposit of them. ''Hello Ragnar, it is good to see you.'' said Felix, the Fley on the right side. Next to him sat Celina, a barn and on the left side was Samantha, a Kol. ''What is it, that you need to talk to us about?''

Ragnar told them everything that happened during the last days. That his team observed Matthew as usual. The car crash, what happened at the hospital and so on until they got Charles back and he decided to return to the village. Samantha showed, that she didn't liked it, that he decided to show himself and the others to Matthew at the hospital but she remained silent. The others were harder to read and didn't show their opinion.
He told them about the little house in the woods, about Serenity and Charles and that another person was missing. He explained to them, what he thought about their current situation and about his idea to bring them to the village.

That was the moment, when they started to discuss this topic. Samantha was against his suggestion. The rule was clear and protected them since forever from the humans. No human was allowed to know the location of the hideout. Even if he was a half Santfei, he was raised by humans and until a day ago, he didn't even knew that Santfei existed.
Ragnar explained his reasons, why he thought it is worth the risk. Especially since Matthew and Max are the ones, who keep the connection to the magic alive and that the Santfei depend on it. If they don't help him and his friends, they would be responsible if the organisation succeds and kills him.

Matthew
He woke up from a noise he heard from the bedroom and was instantly awake. Serenity was cuddled up close to him and he felt her body pressed against his. ''Serenity, wake up. I think I heard Charles.'' As soon as he could, he stood up and went to Charles who sat at the edge of the bed and looked lost. Serenity showed up behind Matthew when he went towards Charles. Charles started to smile as he saw them both, stood up and hugged Matthew before he turned to Serenity and hugged her too.

''Take it slow Charles, don't overdo it right away.'' When Charles turned his gaze back to Matthew, he saw panic in the eyes of his big friend and that he wanted to tell them something. ''It is a long story Charles but we are no longer in the city. This is the house in the woods, that I once told you about, you remember? The one I bought for you and Leta.'' Charles eyes became wider when he mentioned Leta and the panic seemed to grow even stronger. ''Serenity, keep an eye on him, he shouldn't move, I will look for some paper and a pen.'' He quickly went towards the kitchen and found what he was looking for. When he returned to Charles, Serenity and him were sitting on the bed and tears were running down Charles face. When he gave Charles the equipment, he immediately started to write.

An hour later they knew what had happened and where Leta was. Matthew felt rage and anger building up inside of him as he thought about her current situation and made his hands to fists. He turned to Charles, ''We will get her out of there, I promise you that.'' Charles look now was desparate and he probably thought the same as Matthew did right now.
How?

They had no clue where exactly the underground was located and were only a few. Without of help, they wouldn't stand a chance. ''Excuse me for a moment.'' He stood up, pulled the phone out of his pocket and called Ragnar when he left the room.

TYRATH

"Get up, or you're going to be late." A mumbled response was the answer to the woman's words, and she nudged at the sleeping man irritably. "Get your lazy ass up, old man, before I throw you out of it myself." Eyes cracked open, the golden orange tones staring blearily at her as he rolled over. With a heavy sigh as he rubbed at his face, Tyrath nudged her away from the bed and sat up.

"If you weren't my child, I would have long since broken you for treating me the way that you do." There was a small amount of affection to his words, but mainly they were groggy and aggravated. It was far too early to be awake, and he grumbled several complaints as he half stumbled around the room and into fresh clothes. By the time he had finished dressing and was preparing to leave his house, his daughter was gone and he was treated to a short bit of precious silence.

It didn't last long, however, as his walk to the meeting was shorter than he would have preferred. When he arrived, it was easy to slip in unnoticed, his physical appearance hidden behind his magic and his footsteps nearly silent. Let them wonder if he had even bothered to appear at the meeting, it was of little concern to him. The only concern now, was finding out why he was required at the meeting, and what they would ask him to do. There was always a reason he was brought into these things, and often times it ended with violence.

His interest grew only slightly at the conversation droned on, his large frame leaned against a wall and his arms crossed over his chest. A woman involved, how interesting, especially considering the circumstances of the situation. Perhaps it was going to be worth waking up early, perhaps. Still, it would be a huge risk to bring anyone outside of their own race there. Were they truly so special, that they deserved that trust?

SERENITY

"I don't want to." Mumbling sleepily at the sound of Matthew's voice, she tried to tuck herself tighter against him and go back to sleep. It was early, if she had to guess, and she was still so tired. Incredibly comfortable, on top of all that, and her desire to move from the warm body beside her was nonexistent. It was only when her brain caught up with his words that she opened her eyes, yawning and forcing herself into an upright position to allow him freedom. Once he was fully off the couch she stood, running a hand through tousled hair and padding silently after him.

"You're awake." Charles was awake, even if the expression on his face was nearly that of an abandoned puppy. The sight of his smile was relieving, and she gently hugged him back before keeping herself out of the way of the two men's conversation. Or, what was the closest to a conversation when it came to Charles. "Alright, alright." She held her hands up in a gesture of surrender, staying in place until Matthew returned with the source of Charles' way to communicate. She remained silent the entire time he wrote, although once everything was out in the open, her mood changed abruptly.

"Do whatever you have to do." Whatever Matthew had planned, she was on board. "As long as it gets Leta back, I don't care what we have to do." Even if they had to burn down everything around her.

Ragnar
During the discussion his phone started to ring. He already wanted to decline the call, when he saw who was calling. His respect for the leaders was immense, especially when he thought about, that they were responsible for the protection of their village but he had to take this call. ''Please excuse me.'' The three leader looked towards him with an expression of disbelief, since this was a huge sign of disrespect towards them.

After five minutes he returned. ''Once again, I am really sorry but that was him. They found the missing person, she is held captive and they will try to free her. I know the place where she is and will go with them, together with my crew. Please decide quickly, if they are allowed to come here, they can't stay where they are when they have freed her.''
Samantha stood up from her chair. ''No you won't Ragnar. We won't help freeing a human and risk the life of a Santfei for it. I forbid it.'' Ragnar stood still and turned around to her. ''You can ban me from the village if you want, but I am a man of my word and I offered to help him if they ask for my help. In addition, I think that it would be a huge mistake to put his life on the line so easily. I will go, you can hold me responsible after I returned.''
With these words he left the room and made himself on his way, towards the city, to get his crew together.

After Ragnar left, Celina started to talk for the first time. ''I like him, he will be a great leader one day and he has a point, without of magic, we would no longer be able to hide ourselfes. I think we should let them stay here.'' ''Then it is your voice against mine, I am against his suggestion. Max is still alive and he knows how to hide himself.'' replied Samantha.

Felix shook his head when the two woman looked at him, ''So it is up to me. Tyrath, are you there?'' Tyrath appeared out of nowhere and stood in front of him. ''You heard what we talked about right? If the decision is on me, then I want to know, what kind of people they are and I mean all four of them. Please follow Ragnar and find out if they are trustworthy. Report back to me, then I make my decision.''

TYRATH

An eyebrow went up at the sight of Ragnar excusing himself with his phone, a head of long, bright hair shaking slowly. Even he would not be so bold, at least not very often, and his curiosity only increased. His return announced that the halfbreed had called him, and Tyrath stood there silently and listened to the conversation. It came as no surprise that the others would be against it, but what was a surprise was the way that Ragnar was willing to risk his place with them. He had a wife, children, and he was willing to jeopardize his life there, for two humans? Regardless of the mixed heritage of one, Max was still alive, that was correct. They didn't need the other one to survive.

"Of course I am." He scoffed, waving a hand and bringing himself back to visibility with a small scowl. "As you wish." He sighed with a bit of annoyance. "It's not like I have anything better to do, anyway." With a half assed wave over his shoulder, he disappeared from the building without looking back or waiting for further instruction. Observe and report, that was enough information for him, and he started off after Ragnar slowly. Hell of a way to start the day.

Ragnar

He went back to his house and informed Sascha about everything. She just gave him a kiss and said, that she is proud of him. Him being a man of his word was the attribut she liked the most about her husband. And she was sure, that they wouldn't ban him from the village.
Ragnar packed his things together and left as soon as he could. He reached the city by a portal and went to their hideout where his crew waited for him.

After he greeted everyone, he told them all what the current situation is and that he would accept it, if someone doesn't want to become a part of it. In the end, what he planned to do was a direct violation of Samanthas order and that could end badly. But everyone agreed to go with him and help the humans. Ragnar felt a huge relieve when they all agreed, especially Adam would be helpfull on this mission since he once lived at the underground and spied them out. Lu made sure, that everyone looked like a human before they started to go to the forest.

An hour later, the six Santfei left their hideout and walked towards the forest, They could be there at early afternoon and would have enough time to create a plan.

"I don't see why you need to go." Turning to the woman with an exasperated expression, Tyrath rubbed at his face harshly. She was always questioning things, even after decades of life. The mouth on that one, sometimes he wants to throw her over his shoulder and dump her in the nearest body of water to shut her up. Still, she was his child, and he had a soft spot for her even if he rarely showed it.

"Because I'm needed."

"But they're just humans, they're just--"

"Enough." The tone of his voice made her freeze, staring at him with wide eyes and shivering slightly. There was no room for argument there, and he simply stared at her until she backed away and nodded her head. "Leave. We can speak when I return, if you still have this attitude and insist on speaking to me like this." Waving her off, he growled quietly under his breath as he prepared. Observing a halfbreed. Him, observing a bloody halfbreed! Something interesting had better come out of it, to make it worth his while.

Matthew

After Charles had a shower and something to drink and to eat, Matthew explained to him what had happened since the car crash. He left out, Serenitys tattoo though, it is her decision if she tells Charles about it. He also told him about the Santfei they met and how they first helped to get Charles back and then even saved his life, by healing him together with Matthew. Matthew looked over to Charles when he mentioned the healing. ''Listen, I know how much you hate magic but we had no other choice and I don't regret it. But I hope that you are not mad at me because of it.'' Charles just smiled towards Matthew and shook his head.
Then he told them, that he called Ragnar and asked him for help. ''He said, that he will be here during the afternoon. Hopefully he can help us.''

During the early afternoon, Matthew saw Ragnar and five other Santfei coming out of the forest. ''Our guests have arrived.'' he called to Serenity and Charles. Six of them ... one looking more different than the other. None of them was disguised as a human and Matthew looked astonished to each of them. Walking towards them he greeted everyone and said to Lu, ''Listen, we are in no mood for any of your jokes.'' When he reached Ragnar he shook his hand. ''Thank you for coming. We really could need your help.'' As Serenity and Charles came out, Lu walked towards them and greeted them. ''Good to see you back on your feet big man. You scared a few people here quite a bit.''

They all sat down on the grass since there wasn't enough space for all of them inside the house. With Serenity and Charles by his side he explained the situation to the Santfei. ''So we know, that Leta is at the underground but don't know where that is. Of course we gladly accept every help we can get but if you would tell us where we have to go to, that would be enough too.'' Ragnar looked to each of the other Santfei and everyone nod with his head. ''We will help you and come with you.''

"I hope so too." The remainder of the morning passed by almost painfully slow, Serenity's nerves on edge as she waited. There was no patience left by the time the Santfei arrived, and she was pacing around in a pair of jeans and a plain shirt that covered her tattoo. The last thing she needed was that coming up in conversation while they were busy trying to get Leta back. No, not trying, succeeding.

"That's more than I expected." Speaking quietly, she spared Lu a quick glance and a nod but said nothing more. So long as he kept his filthy comments to himself, she could be civil with him. For as annoying as he was, he was helping them, so she couldn't be ungrateful. Instead she took a seat on the ground beside Matthew, not straying more than a foot from him at all times. It was a relief to hear that they knew where Leta was, and that on top of that, they would be going with to help them. Why, she wasn't quite sure, but it was help all the same.

"When do we leave?" She was ready, more than eager to go and get back the last missing part of their group. Their family, if she could call it that. It was the closest thing she'd had to family since her mother was still alive, and the thought of losing the new one she'd found was excruciating. "I'm ready."

''Slow down a bit, we do not even have a proper plan. We can't just go there, knock on the door and ask, if we can have your friend back.'' replied Ragnar to Serenity. ''In addition, I want you all to know, that not all people there are bad people. The most probably don't even know that your friend is held captive. A lot of people will fight us, because they found a save shelter and want to protect it. For those people, we are the bad ones who want to take their home away.''

Matthew listened to what Ragnar had to say. ''No we won't slow down. We do exactly that, we go there, kick the fuckin' door in and take Leta back. No questions, no talking. They were ready to let Charles die and forced Leta to stay there. I won't ask them to give Leta back. we will take her back. Regarding all the people who live there, you are probably right but it doesn't change a thing. We can't ask anyone who is standing between us and Leta, why he is doing that. I feel sorry for everyone who just wants to protect his home and fights us but that's it. Those who hide and are not fighting, will remain untouched. Those who are in our way, have chosen to fight.''

Ragnar shook his head. He knew, that what Matthew said is partly true but his idea of freeing Leta had one bis issue. ''You seem to forget, that we are just nine people and I would advise you, to let your friend here, he just came back from the dead. That would reduce us to eight. If just ten percent of the people there are fighting us, then we face nearly a hundred people. And how do you plan to fight them? We have one fireball caster in our crew but we are no killer, Matthew. The people from the undergrouund will throw stones on us, the will try to stab us. And how will we fight them?''

Matthew knew, that this idea wasn't the best but he didn't really care. Leta was all that mattered right now. ''They won't expect us and are probably no trained soldiers. They will most likely come one after another. That shouldn't be a problem for us. In addition, we are no killers too and I don't want to go there, to kill people. It would be enough to scare them away. And I think, that we can do that.'' He didn't liked the idea, to ask Serenity to show off, it left the taste with him, as if he would use her. But he knew, that he had not many options. Looking over to Serenity he said, ''Would that be okay with you? I could fight them off one by one, but when we face a few of them ... you know what I am thinking.''

It was a valid point, but not one she was willing to accept. She couldn't, wouldn't wait to rescue Leta. The longer the woman she had grown fond of was held in captivity, the worse things could become. Not knowing what was happening only made it worse, and her lips quirked with a hint of a smile when Matthew spoke up. Good, he was in agreement with her, and despite his usual nature, was more than ready to inflict pain on their enemies.

"I will not attack without being provoked. But Matthew is right, those that stand in our way will not be spared. No one is going to take away the only family I have. No one." Her voice was full of conviction, body tense as she took in the information they were giving her. It would not be an easy task, that was certain, but if she was going to go out, it would be with a hell of a fight.

"Make it two, rather than one?" She reached for his hand without waiting for an answer, locking their fingers together as she took a deep breath. "It's not my wish or my intent, but I would set the world ablaze to get Leta back to us." Closing her eyes, she concentrated, but rather than her rage or even past memories, she concentrated on the image of Leta's face. Of the kindness the woman had shown her, and more importantly, of her returning to them. Of a joyful reunion, of Charles sweeping the older woman off her feet and the passionate kisses that they shared.

"We didn't spend time training for nothing, after all." Her free hand that had been clenched into a fist opened slowly, palm flat as she displayed the small ball of fire that was rapidly growing in size. Rather than licking at her fingers, straining to escape and spread recklessly, it simply danced in place awaiting her command. "Let's put our family back together, and to hell with anyone who stands against us."

Charles eyes grew wide when he saw the flame dancing in Serenitys hand. His surprise grew even further, when he saw that Serenity and Matthew were holding hands. He didn't knew the Santfei and didn't trust them enough, to raise the little confidence he had, when it came to get Leta back. But seeing Serenity with the flame in her hand made him believe, that they had a realistic chance to get Leta back.

Matthew couldn't help but to smile, when he saw the surprise on the face of the Santfei, when Serenity showed her ability and this was just a bit of what she is capable of. ''No more planning Ragnar. Do you have family? How long would you wait when you know, that they are in danger? Leta is our family and we know that she is not save where she right now is. You can't really expect us to wait. No, we will get her back, today!'' He turned to Charles before he kept on talking, ''I am sorry my friend but he is right, you have to stay here and trust us. I know, that you would gladly put your life on the line for her, but I won't allow that.''

It was obvious, that Charles didn't liked what Matthew said but he decided to trust Serenity and him. Ragnar was still shocked to see, what Serenity did. It was, as if she played with the flame. ''You are right, I wouldn't wait if it was my own family. Okay, let's hope that it somehow works out in our favor. Adam here'' he pointed towards a Fley that was sitting next to him, ''lived there for a few weeks. What is your advise?''

Adam explained how the underground was structured and that the house of their leader was at the far end. They would have to run through the whole underground to reach his house and estimated that it would take fiveteen minutes if they were fast and no one would try to stop them, what was rather unlikely. The leader would have enough time, to gather some people around him before they could reach his house and that would be the place, where they would face the biggest firepower of the underground. The best time for an attack would be right at 9PM, when the guards get replaced by new guards. That would make it easier to break through the front door but would mean, that there are more guards on their way to the other end. Timing and speed would be essential for their chances of success. The more time they spend there, the more people would show up and fight them. In addition he advised, that they leave the place by a portal as soon as they got the woman. Going back through the underground would be nearly impossible then.

Matthew listened carefully to what the Fley said. ''Okay, so we got a few hours before we start, lets use that time wisely.'' Turning towards Serenity he spoke in a hushed tone, ''Could I have a moment alone with you?''

"We will get her back, Charles." Without turning to him, Serenity closed her hand abruptly to extinguish the flame. Her palm remained warm for several seconds after, and it was with great reluctance that she released Matthew's hand. The look on Charles' face had been one of many questions, and she knew the moment that news got back to Leta, the questions would come in full force. For the moment, however, they had bigger things to worry about.

"Fifteen minutes without interruption still seems like a lot." Getting through without interruption would be impossible, that much was certain. She wasn't thrilled that they still had to wait the remainder of the day before making a move, but at least they were still doing it that day, so it was better than nothing. "That's a lot of people to put through a portal." She frowned, rubbing at the back of her neck a bit nervously. They could do it, probably. Maybe. Hopefully.

"Yeah." Clearing her throat, she nodded and glanced around before choosing to move herself away from the group. "Do you want to go inside, or walk around out here for a bit?" It was still beautiful outside, but she wasn't sure how good of hearing the Santfei had, or what it was Matthew wanted to speak to her about. "If this is about me throwing fire around, I won't burn down the place just because I can, I'll have some restraint."

Matthew stood up and walked with her. ''Let us go towards the lake.'' When she mentioned, that she can restrain herself, he looked to her. ''Tonight won't be easy probably the opposit.'' He took a deep breath before he continued. ''You probaly know as well as me, that it won't be easy tonight. There will be fights and it will get rough. I know that you can restrain yourself, that is not something I am worried about.''

He stopped halfway towards the lake. ''I don't worry about the people at the underground or their place, I'm worried about you. What I ask you is, to be careful. Please always put your own safety first, no matter what. First you and Leta, then the rest, no matter what. I don't want you to get hurt ... again.'' He looked her in the eyes before he continued. ''In case you didn't know it already, I like you Serenity.'' A smile appeared on his face as he looked to her. ''I like you a lot and I want to return with you and Leta, no matter what. Don't be reckless and promise me, that you take care of yourself first.''

"That's fine." She nodded a bit stiffly, still on edge from their sudden visitors. "I know it won't be easy." She nodded again, walking at his side and listening carefully. There was bound to be a fair amount of violence, and while it was something she was well accustomed to, this time she would be on the offense, rather than the defense. It was a straight thought, and although she was ready for it, a concerning one.

"Me?" Looking startled, she paused when he did and tilted her head slightly. Why would he be worried about her, when Leta was the one held captive? "Of course I'll be careful. I can't be distracting you by letting my guard down." She looked almost offended, but more curious than anything. "I--Oh." Her cheeks flushed red as she met his eyes briefly and then looked to the side. "I like you too." Her voice was soft, incredibly quiet before she forced her eyes back to his. "I promise I'll be careful."

'I like you too' Hearing her say this words send a pleasant feeling through his whole body. It wasn't that he had doubts about that, after how they spend the last days together but it still was something else, to hear her say it. The Santfei were still outside and some were surely watching over from time to time, so he decided to not lean in and kiss her right now. For once because he wasn't sure if she would be okay with that and also because he somehow liked it, that it was something only they both knew about, something only they shared with each other. There would be plenty of time for that, once they have Leta back.

''Thank you, that's all I'm asking. Now let's get our family back together.'' Matthew said with a smile on his face. Together they returned to the others and talked about the best approach for their event. Serenity, Ragnar, Adam and Matthew would be the one who walk in front. The others would follow them and take care, that they don't get surprised from behind. That way they would have a fireball caster at the front and at the back. If possible, they would try to avoid any fights. Most of the people they would face, will probably run away when they see a flame pointed in their direction.
Matthew would be responsible for the portals to bring them to the entance and back again when they have Leta.
Two of the Santfei were able to cast portals too, in the event that the group should be split up, they had the order to always go with the ones who get separated and bring them out right away.

When they were done talking and discussing about the details for what they intended to do, it was already 8PM. ''Okay, I think we are done. Let's meet here again in thirty minutes and then we leave.'' said Matthew to all of them.

Last edited:
"Yeah, let's." She nodded firmly, mirroring his smile as they started back towards the Santfei and Charles. The plan seemed solid, and while she wasn't very keen on having people she didn't know behind her, it made sense to have it set up that way. It was a good strategy, and kept the group protected on either end. That, and having multiple people with the ability to create portals was very useful. On the small, small off chance she was separated from Matthew it was good to know, although she had no intention of being out of his sight long enough to risk that.

"It's already almost time?" She was glad for having dressed in warmer clothes earlier, meaning all she needed to do was mentally prepare herself before they left. "I'm nervous." It wasn't until they were out of earshot, or so she hoped, of the Santfei that she spoke quietly to Matthew. "Scared, too, but mostly nervous. I've never had to do anything like this before, and I don't want to mess anything up. I hope our new.. Friends will be as helpful as they seem to be."

Matthew took Serenitys hand into his and squeezed it a little. ''I am a little nervous too, but I have faith, that we will make it. As long as the underground construction is still in one piece until we reach Leta, you haven't messed anything up.'' He said the last part with a smirk on his face. ''Together we can make it, together we will get Leta back and return here.'' Looking around, he made sure that no one was looking when he leaned in a bit and gave her a kiss on her forehead. ''I am really happy that you will be at my side, I couldn't do that without you. Not even with the Santfei.''

Before they left, he went to Charles one more time and made sure, that he was doing fine. Wearing a black jeans and a black hoodie, he went together with Serenity to the Santfei while Charles remained in front of the house and watched after them.
''Is everyone ready?'' he asked before he took Serenitys hand. Adam explained Matthew to which place the portal should lead and Matthew started to create the portal, that would bring them all to the underground. ''Let's go.''

"I'm not going to destroy the place." Hopefully not. "We will get her back." Her eyes followed his movements even as she held still, widening at the sudden brush of warm lips against her skin. So that was why he was looking around, checking that they weren't being watched. It was sweet, really, even if it was for both their sake. "I'm not leaving." Part of her wanted to argue that he would be just fine without her, that the Santfei were strong enough to help him retrieve Leta safely. She refrained from it, however, nodding and giving him a small smile. She could do this, they could do it.

"Yeah." Squeezing Matthew's hand as they prepared to finally leave, she took a deep breath and concentrated on the portal Matthew was creating. "Let's do this." She was slowly becoming used to the portals now, and it wasn't nearly as disorienting this time around. It seemed that coming out the other end was always harder than going in, and she nearly stumbled if not for Matthew's hand. Quickly righting herself, she looked around with a frown. "Lead the way."

When all eight of them were through the portal, Matthew let it disappear and tried to figure out where they were. He was definetly never here before. Adam led the way and after five minutes they reached the entrance to what must have been one of the old bunkers from a time, before Matthew was born. The name underground really fit since it was a whole buiding under the ground of the earth.
Together they reached a big double folding door that was closed. ''I guess, this is it, let's get started before we get discovered.'' He squeezed Serenitys hand, that was in his again when he saw Ragnar running up and throwing himself against the door. Even though the door was massive, it couldn't withstand the power of this Kol and gave in. A second later they all were inside and saw a man standing opposit of them, attempting to run away. Letting go of Serenitys hand, Matthew made two quick steps forward and swept the man of his feet by kicking against one of his legs.

They moved forward quickly with Adam leading the way, followed by Ragnar, Serenity and Matthew. The rest was running behind them, just as they had planned. They saw a few people from time to time but they only jumped to the side when the invader crossed their way. They put a good bit of way behind them until they reached a group of nearly ten people. From the sound and the voices they heard, more were coming.
Ragnar and Adam stormed forwards and threw themself towards the group. They took down three at once and fought another four. The defender were using bats and clubs but the two Santfei were experienced fighter and avoided to get hit. Two more defender ran towards Serenity and Matthew. Matthew through his shoulder into the first that reached them and started a fist fight with the other. When he landed a hit on his nose and heard the bone of the nose break, the guy screamed and ran away from the fight. The few that got to them from behind were defended by the other Santfei and the fight quickly developed in their favour. When Matthew saw the Santfei in the back fighting the defender further and further back, he screamed, ''Don't get separated from us, stay together! We need to quickly reach our goal and get Leta.'' While he screamed to the group in the back, Ragnar turned to him and didn't saw the three guys that started to run towards him with knifes in their hand.

Sophie
Sophie heard the noises coming from near her and left her apartment to check what was going on. When she saw a group of twenty guys running her way, all with axes and knifes in their hands, she knew that they were under attack and ran with them. She was faster than the rest of the group and reached the fighting scenario first. But instead to fight, she froze in place when she saw a tall guy and heard him screaming. 'They were here because of Leta? Could that be the guy Leta told her about? They wouldn't stand a chance against her group they are just seven.' In the blink of a moment, Sophie made a decision and ran back towards her group. When they caught up with her, she told them, that the entrance was still under attack and that they would be needed there. The group followed her lead when she led the group away from the fight into a different direction.

Now that they were actually there, Serenity felt her panic spike. There was no turning back even if she wanted to, but she didn't want to. Other than her mother, she had never fought for anyone like this, ever. Now she was literally going to fight, side by side with both Matthew and a race she hadn't even known had existed until just recently. Her eyes went wide as awe filled her, watching Matthew almost effortlessly take down one of the men attempting to defend the place.

Her hand was ablaze with flames before she knew it, the heat comforting as she sidestepped enemies the best she could. The pain from catching a blow was felt, but deterred her for only a split second before she could smell fabric burning and hear the howl of pain. Good. No one was going to get in her way. Her head whipped towards Matthew at his scream, eyes wide as she took in the scene around them. There was so much blood, so many unconscious bodies, some of them injured badly. That alone didn't bother her, but it was the fact that there were still more enemies coming at them.

"Something's wrong." She froze, something in the air suddenly.. Different. Someone new was there. She wasn't sure how she knew, just that she did, and that somehow things were going to change drastically. She just barely caught the sound of a grunt, of the man it was coming from. The noise quickly turned to one of aggravation as the large man bearing horns focused his attention on the men attacking Ragnar, cracking his neck with an annoyed expression.

"Ragnar, you idiot." His voice was deep, eyes an odd mixture of gold and orange as boots thudded along the ground that was slick with blood. "Your wife will try to murder me if you get killed." Clawed hands gripped at an arm holding a knife, twisting it until the sound of bone breaking filled the air. Serenity cringed, listening to the echoing cry of pain before the man was tossed into a wall carelessly. This new man was ruthless, never once pausing in his pursuit of their enemies as his boot connected with a rib cage and sent one man staggering back.

"What the hell?" His head turned slowly towards her as she sent another small fireball through the air, eyes going wide as he froze. They stared at one another as her hand hovered in the air, his strange eyes focusing on it before shock settled on his face. Neither of them registered the noise around them for several seconds before he was moving again, attention disrupted by the groaning of a man on the floor. With a scoff, he kicked at the man until he was unconscious and turned his attention towards Ragnar with a quiet growl. "Be more careful."

Back
Top Bottom