Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How to Care for Your Human [Gambuiness x Degu]

He heard her before he saw her coming out of the bedroom. Just as for him, the night seemed to be too short for her, to get enough sleep. ''Good morning. No, haven't seen them yet. I wanted to get a bit of coffee before we have to see the little pain in the ass again.'' He smirked when he thought about Lu. His thoughts were still hanging on his plans for their day and where he should start with his search for Leta and Charles when he heard a loud knocking at the door. He looked over to Serenity and couldn't help but to roll with his eyes. ''Seems like our quiet morning is over.''

His hope to surprise Serenity with his coffee in bed was gone when she came to the kitchen. But he was still hoping, that they could maybe be together on the couch and enjoy their coffee. But the hammering at the door only became more intense as his hope for a nice morning disappeared completely. ''Comin.''

As he opened the door, he saw Ragnar standing in front of him. Out of reflex Matthew took one step back, due to the imposant height of Ragnar. Ragnar was holding a phone in one of his big hands which seemed oddly out of place. Sure, why wouldn't they have phones but something about this picture didn't felt right. ''Mornin, early riser ha?''

Ragnar was a bit out of breath but wasted no time and started to speak. ''We found your friend. This time the real one. We need to get to the city. Now!''

Last edited:
"That would be nice." She sipped at her drink again, mirroring his smirk without even thinking about it. The expression quickly disappeared at the sound of the knock, a noise of pure exasperation leaving her mouth. "Yeah, it seems like it." Making no effort to move as she saw Matthew already going for the door, she cringed at how loud the knocking was quickly becoming. Just what was the hurry? Watching him step back from the door had her moving forward several steps, looking equally surprised at the sight of a phone in Ragnar's large hand.

"Charles?" Serenity nearly dropped the mug in shock, barely managing to catch it and take it to the counter. Setting it down hastily and making her way back to the bedroom, she wasted no time in putting on socks and shoes before rushing back out. "I'm ready, let's go."

A shiver ran down from his head down to his toe when he heard Ragnars words. All of a sudden he was wide awake and already wanted to leave the house, when he saw Serenity appearing next to him, wearing clothes. ''I'm ready in a moment, give Lu a sign, we leave right now.''
He ran to the bedroom and changed his clothes. Not taking care about the clothes, he just grabbed what was close and din't even realised, that his shirt was turned inside out when he returned to the door. ''Let's go.'' He grabbed Serenitys hand and stepped outside of the house right into the clearing.

''Where do we need to go?'' asked Matthew. ''To the McCallun Street, right at the crossing with the third lane.'' Matthew wasted no time and prepared the portal when he realised something. ''That is right near my house, let's hope no one sees us.'' Starting to create the portal, he still held Serenitys hand. Ragnar saw them this way and remembered the last night, when they created the portal in the shop the same way.

When the portal was stable, Matthew looked to all of them. ''We go through this portal, take Charles and immediately return here. It is too risky to stay there for too long.'' Serenity already went towards the portal and he felt her pulling on his hand. Together they went through the portal and Ragnar and Lu followed them.

As they reached the crossing, Matthew saw a few people at the side of the street, next to some garbage cans. They all kneeled down around someone. Instantly he went over there with Serenity by his side and heard himself surprisingly inhaling when he saw Charles. He was looking bad, really bad.

Serenity barely paid any attention to the state of Matthew's clothes, equally in a hurry as he pulled her out of the house and some distance away. She didn't recognize the location that was being named, but she also didn't recognize a lot of places, so that was nothing new. Surprised to hear that it was close to the other house, she waited patiently as he created the portal, squeezing his hand in support. She barely even noticed Ragnar looking their way, too busy tugging Matthew through and portal and onto the street.

"Move." She was pulling her hand away from Matthew as soon as Charles was in sight, nudging at a taller man in the way. He gave her an annoyed look, opening his mouth to speak until she glared at him. "Move the fuck out of my way." Seeming surprised that she would be so hostile toward him, he moved to let her through, and she took that advantage to shoulder the remaining people out of the way.

"Shit." Charles looked very bad, indeed. "We need to take him and go. Now." She'd seen people in bad shape before, and it only took her a second to see he was in bad shape. How he was even still alive was a mystery to her.

Matthew followed Serenity and pushed the remaining people to the side. ''Fuck! Charles, can you hear me?'' No reaction, his forehead was burning and his clothes all were sweaty. ''Ragnar, I need your help.'' When the people around them recognised Ragnar, some started to whimper, other started to run away.
Lu showed up next to Matthew and checked Charles heartbeat. ''We don't have much time, his heart is getting weaker.'' Sounding angrier than he wanted to, Matthew replied to Lu. ''I know, shit. Ragnar, can you carry him, we have to create the portal.''

Standing up he went to Serenity and she already offered him her hand. Ragnar lifted Charles easily into his arms and carried him to Serenity and Matthew. His focus still was on Serenity and Matthew. Did he just say, that they have to create the portal? He saw Matthew taking her hand before he created the portal, that would bring them back to the woods. He would have to ask them sometime, what the meaning behind that was, cause he didn't understood their unusual behaviour.

Together they returned to the clearing and Ragnar laid Charles down onto the grass. Matthew and Lu kneeled down on each side of Charles and Matthew started to check him up with his magic while Lu checked Charles visually. ''Beauty, could you bring us some wet towels? Hurry up.'' Lu was in his element and didn't even heard Serenitys reply as she went away to get the towels.

When she returned, Matthew finished his checkup of Charles and lowered his head down to his chest. ''His body is full of infections. We were too late.'' A tear ran down his face as he looked to Charles.

Just the fact that Matthew was cursing showed how serious the situation was, and Serenity scoffed at the pitiful reactions from the people around them. Then again, it wasn't every day you saw a creature that looked like Ragnar, so she supposed their fear was justified. Her initial reaction to him and the others had been fear, after all. The anger in Matthew's voice caused her to hurry to his side without hesitation, gripping his hand tightly as Ragnar took care of moving Charles.

"Right." She was already moving when they returned, ignoring Lu's pet name as she scurried off in search of towels. How many did she need? Charles was so damn big, and she grabbed all the towels in the bathroom and dumped them in the tub. The water was turned on, soaking the towels thoroughly before she grabbed them and ran back outside. Soaked as they were, heavy as they were, she managed to hold the pile before thrusting it out towards Lu. "I didn't have time to wring them out, but they're wet, and they're cold."

''Good job, thank you.'' said Lu and covered Charles in the towels. ''It is too late, what are you doing?'' said Matthew to Lu while he wiped the tears from his face.
''I said it yesterday and say it again, because all of you humans are thinking way too one dimensional.'' said Lu with an unexpected loud voice that brought Matthew's focus back from his sadness and into the situation.
''If one magician can't heal him alone, then all you need is a second magician. Guess what, I can heal too.'' said Lu to Matthew.
''It is way too dangerous, to work with our combined magic. If our magic touches, he will die right away.'' replied Matthew.
''And if we do nothing, he will die slowly. We just have too be careful. It is nearly the same as what you two always do when you create portals, but instead of combining our magic directly, we just use it in the same body. As long as we keep our distance, everything is fine.''

Ragnar and Matthew looked with open eyes and mouth to Lu. ''What? Do you all think, that I am blind? That I don't recognise, that the distance you can travel with your portals is far more than average. That you are holding her hand each time you make a portal? Though I have to say, that it took me nearly the half night, to get behind your secret.''
''You understand what is going on with us?'' asked Matthew. ''You have no clue about, what you are doing? And why you are able to travel such distances?'' asked Lu. ''Whatever, we can talk about that later, we should get going. I start with the legs, you with his arms.'' said Lu and started to dictate their work.

Matthew wanted to ask him more questions but Charles was more important right now. Lu gave the commands, where and what they should heal and Matthew did what Lu said. Serenity didn't left his side and he held her hand during the whole time.

After three hours, Lu said that they are finished and Matthew checked Charles once again. The infections were all gone and Charles only was sleeping. Matthew laid exhausted down on the grass. ''Thank you Lu, really I mean it.''
''You did good for a human, even though you combined your magic, I thought that you would be out halfway.'' answered Lu, who too was lying exhausted on the grass.
''Serenity, since I did such a good job, can I look at you now when you change your clothes?'' asked Lu. ''You really don't want them to like you, right?'' said Ragnar to his buddy. ''If you wouldn't be so exhausted now, then I would throw you on a tree.''

"Matthew, stop." Serenity's voice was soft as she handed over the towels and then took his hand. "Just listen." If there was even a chance that Charles could be saved, they needed to listen. Even if she wasn't particularly fond of the little creature. "Oh." That's right, hadn't Matthew thanked Lu for healing him, when she had first met the smaller man? Right before he'd brought up watching her change, of course. But to heal Charles at the same time as Matthew sounded.. Odd. Dangerous, as Matthew was saying.

"What?" Her head whipped towards Lu at his commentary, eyes wide as she realized that he had apparently been paying more attention than Ragnar had. She had expected the larger Santfei to notice things before Lu, but it seemed the surprises just kept coming. Instead of trying to argue at all, she followed directions, remaining silent and simply holding onto Matthew's hand until they were finally done.

"Shut up, Lu." Sprawled out on the grass beside Matthew, Serenity waved around a middle finger and groaned. "If I wasn't so exhausted, I might throw you into a tree."

Matthew had to laugh at her last remark. ''I would really like to see that.'' ''Yeah sure, then I would be out of the way right?'' repllied Lu smirking. ''That was not what I ...'' Matthew felt his face getting a little red before he pushed himself up from the grass and got closer to Charles. ''He needs the bed and a lot of rest.'' Ragnar stood up and looked down to Matthew. ''And you want to carry him? Let me do that, where is your bedroom?'' ''Thank you.'' answered Matthew and explained to Ragnar where his bedroom was.

Lying back next to Serenity, he turned to her. ''I couldn't have done that without of you by my side. Thank you for being here.'' ''Take a room.'' said Lu and rolled with his eyes. Matthew laid on his back and closed his eyes for a moment. ''Hey Lu, what did you mean when you said, that we are combining our magic?''

''You really have no idea right?'' Now it was Lu who rolled with his eyes. ''Didn't they taught you at your great academy, that you should never touch someone, when you use magic. There is always a risk, that your magic connects with the other persons magic and that goes wrong. Like deadly wrong. Trust me, that happened more often than you think and it always ends badly. But you two are casually holding hands while you create a portal. There must be something between your and her magic, that allows the magic to connect with each other. More magic means better portals. That at least is, what I think it is. I couldn't come up with a different explanation.''

Matthew thought about his words, of course they always warned them at the academy about the risk, when two different kinds of magic were combined. If you eliminate everything possible, only the impossible solution remains. Could that mean, that they have the same magic? There would be no way to confirm it, but it was the only explanation that made sense... somehow. At least if he leaves the fact aside, that Serenity doesn't have much magic inside of her. But for now, this explanation was as good as any.

"Knock it off, you too." Too tired to even catch the less than subtle stab at Matthew, she groaned again and tried to get up. Failing miserably, she resigned herself to laying there as Ragnar took over and make certain that Charles was taken inside where it was safe. It wasn't like there was anything she had to do at that specific moment, even if escaping Lu's comments was sounding better and better. That thought was halted by the new conversation, however, and she mumbled a response to Matthew as she managed to roll onto her side with a grunt.

"Bullshit." They had touched multiple times using magic, and nothing bad had happened. Not yet, at least. "I didn't even--" Was it wise to tell Lu she'd only recently discovered her magic? "We haven't had any issues." She settled on disclosing that fact, voice firm as she spoke. "Whatever it is, we're fine when we touch. If anything, it's good when we touch, so--" Halting abruptly, her face went crimson before she rolled over to face away from the men. "It's fine. We're not hurting each other or anyone else."

Ragnar returned from the house and sat down on the grass. ''I heard you talking but couldn't understand what you said.'' Lu quickly told him about his theory. ''Okay, I think I understand. So that is the reason, why you are so close? I thought, that you two were a thing but I somehow suspected that there is something more behind it.'' said Ragnar towards Serenity and Matthew. Matthew sat himself up and crossed his legs. ''It is n ... could we maybe talk about something else. This is going nowhere.'' Ragnar and Lu looked to each other and were grinning. ''Sure, so you got your friend back, what are your plans now?'' asked Ragnar. ''I would advice you, to not return to the city. I think, that the people from the organisation are still looking for you.''

Matthew thought about, if he wanted to let the Santfei in on his next steps. So far, they had given him no reason to doubt them. He looked over to Serenity, he had taken the chance from her, to return to the city too. But she didn't gave him the impression, that she even wants to be in the city again, what eased his mind.
''Before we think about the future and what we should do, we have to get another person back. When she is with us, we will think together about our next steps.'' answered Matthew. He trusted Ragnar and Lu but not enough to tell them, that they also needed some time, to train Serenitys abilities.

Ragnar took notice, that Matthew always talked about us and we. He had expected, that Matthew would be the one, who decides on what to do next. That at least was how he expected a magician to behave when he has to decide something. It was unusual for a human mage, to talk about his decision with the people, who are working for him. But no matter on what they would decide, this house would be too small for four humans and no matter where they would go to, the people from the organisation would find them, It would only be a matter of time. The thought crossed his mind, to bring them to the Santfei hideout, that would be the safest place for them. But the leader of their village would never allow a human there. No human is allowed to know, the location of the hideout, it was the most important rule of the hideout.

''I think that we did, what we came for. We promised you, to bring your friend back and kept our promise. In addition you know now about the situation you are in. It is time for us to leave Lu.'' Lu looked over to Ragnar and then to Serenity. With much more sadness in his voice, than it would be believable he answered, ''Goodbye beauty. Maybe next time we see again, you will allow'' Ragnar grabbed Lu and laid his hand over his mouth. ''Lu, don't you dare.''

"Why do we need to have this conversation?" Agreeing with Matthew and trying to change the subject, Serenity slowly pulled herself into a sitting position. Once she was actually there it wasn't too bad, but the process to get from laying down to sitting up was painful. "Leta." She nodded firmly, bracing her hands on her knees as she let out an aggravated huff. Until they got Leta back, things would continue to be.. Empty. Until Charles was healed, nothing would be the same, or at least not until he was out of death's doorway.

"Thank you." She managed a faint smile, lifting a hand to wave her fingers at Ragnar. The motion paused as Lu began to speak, a flicker of irritation crossing her face before she shrugged. "Not going to happen. Hopefully if we see each other again, you'll have found yourself a woman by then. Good luck keeping his mouth shut, Ragnar." She snickered quietly, finally forcing herself to her feet and yawning. "That was.. Exhausting."

''If you want, we could bring you to the city by a portal.'' said Matthew to the two Santfei. ''Thanks, but I doubt, that you have enough fuel left to manage that distance and in addition, a walk will be good for us.'' replied Ragnar. Matthew felt the magic inside of him and it was still as much, as it was before they healed Charles. Another thing, that didn't fit with Lu's explanation but he kept that to himself. When they started to walk, Ragnar stopped once again. He turned around, came back to Matthew and reached with his hand out to him. ''Take this and contact me, if you ever need help. My contact is already saved.'' Matthew reached out with his hand and Ragnar put the phone into Matthews hand. Turning around Ragnar and Lu started to walk their way.

Matthew returned to Serenitys side and together they watched the two Santfei disappear in the woods. ''I am sure know, that they are not our enemies. Let's go to Charles and check, how he is doing.'' With Serenity walking by his side, they went towards the house. His hand accidently touched hers but she didn't pulled her hand back.
When they reached the bed, it was good to see, that Charles was sleeping deeply. Having Charles back by his side was a huge relieve for Matthew and increased his hope, that they would all be together again. He reached for Serenitys hand and put her hand into his.

"With how tall Ragnar is, the walk definitely won't kill him." Muttering quietly, but not with ill intent, Serenity watched as they started off. Finally, there would be some quiet for more than the span of a few hours. Or at least, hopefully there would be. The sudden halt in the tall Santfei's walk surprised her, and she took several steps back until she realized what was in his hand, being presented to Matthew. A phone? That was surprising.

"That was not what I expected." She nodded in response, barely noticing when his hand brushed hers on the way in. She was too distracted by everything else around them, slipping through the doorway and shutting it quietly behind them. Seeing that Charles was asleep, even as his body struggled to finish healing, sent a mixture of emotions through her. She was glad that he was back, as she'd grown fond of him as well as Leta due to the kindness he'd shown her. Even without his speech, he had made the effort to nudge her in the right direction when Leta wasn't right beside her, assuring her that she wouldn't be punished for accidental mistakes.

"This is ridiculous." She could feel the anger starting to grow, anger at the people who had done this to him. All she could hope was that he would recover well, and that Leta was faring better than him. Sweet Leta, I hope you are safe.. "I hate every person who did this to him--To us. Everyone that made us have to run from home because of their greed." She stared at Charles for several more seconds before yanking her hand away from Matthew, feeling that hint of heat beginning to creep up. "I want to burn it all down. Every single place they would try to hide. Every sense of safety they would have, I would take it all away."

He understood her anger that came from the pain this people have caused. He felt it too but tried to supress it, tried to concentrate more on the feeling of relive for Charles return. But he knew himself well enough to know, that if Leta would be in a similar or worse state than Charles, he would forget himself. How would Serenity react? He believed her, when she said that they are her new home. On one side it made him truly happy, that she felt this way cause that was his goal from the very beginning. Not just being her home, but that she really feels, that these people are home, are family. On the other side that meant, that probably no one could imagine the amount of hate that rushed through her body right now. Someone had taken something from her, that was dear to her. Together with her new found abilities, this could become seriously dangerous. At least for the responsible people.

''Come with me Serenity.'' There was nothing more he could do for Charles, he now just needed to rest and wake up. Whenever that may be. Serenity followed him outside of the house, where they stood once again with the forest in front of them. ''Let it out, all of your anger, your hate and your fear. Light up the sky, burn those trees, let it out.''

He knew from his time at the academy, that normally no one was allowed near a beginner that started to learn, how to control a fireball. The risk, that the fireball would fly into the wrong direction if the magician gets scared or wants to show off. But he felt sure next to Serenity, he knew somehow that she would never hurt him. At least not with her magic. For that, she would rather use her shoe.
He even envied her, that she was able to throw fireballs and cast lightning. Right now, he would have loved to be able to give in to some of his anger.

"Yeah, okay." Nodding and following along, her hands remained clenched at her sides as her jaw clenched so tightly she thought her teeth would shatter. She had a fair guess as to what he intended to do, and when they finally reached the trees she let her jaw relax and exhaled slowly. Of course he wanted her to vent, lest she accidentally burn the house down, or worse, hurt him or Charles. At least their location was far away from people, far enough that a fire wouldn't draw attention.

"One of these days I'll have a happy reason to throw one of these bloody things." For the moment, however, it was important to vent out her anger, and she knew that. It would make it easier to focus on proper training after, to find a source of comfort that would allow her to control it even when she was calm, and centered. That thought lingered in her mind even as she sought out the heat, letting it work its way through her body until her skin felt it was ready to combust. Then the near pain was gone, the flames nearly white as they formed at her fingertips and wove themselves into a small ball of dancing light.

"One." It almost appeared to be in slow motion as she watched it fly through the air, connecting with the base of one tree and immediately spreading upward as though it was sentient. She supposed it was close enough to being such, as it was controlled by her thoughts, fueled by her emotions of rage and sadness. The bark blackened, charred as the fire reached the thinning branches stretching outward from the trunk, the leaves almost instantly turning to nothing more than dust.

"Two." Watching the second tree go up much, much faster than the first, she made a small noise of satisfaction as she felt some of the anger melting away. The smell of burning wood filled the air, and she knew it would cling to her for some time until she washed it all away. Even as the heat radiated towards them and she felt it on her skin, she didn't stop until three of the trees were burning and the small flash of lightning had come down to leave a large mark on the ground.

"I don't think I have anything left in me." She didn't realize she was crying until she felt the contrast of liquid and heat, a hand coming up to swipe impatiently at the tears. "That was exhausting, even if I feel less angry." Hell, she wasn't sure if she could feel angry at that point, not when it had all been poured out into the now blazing trees. "I can't believe I just did that."

He couldn't believe what he just witnessed. She didn't touched him, there was no longing from his magic to be with her. But she still, shot three fireballs and burned down three trees. ''Wow, that was ... amazing Serenity.''But before he could wonder about it any further, he looked over to her, saw tears running down her face and a desperate atttempt, to wipe them away. This was her, truly her. No hiding behind a mask that shows everyone her strong side. She allowed him to see, her.

Matthew knew already for a while, that he wanted to be with her. Not just to cuddle or to experience this feeling again, he liked her. More than he was willing to accept during the last few days. The situation right now intensified this feeling, there was no doubt inside of him, he wanted to be with her. So he reached out with his hand and caught the last tear that was running down her cheek with his thumb.

Looking directly into to her face, her red lips were moving while she got her breath back, he saw her brightly coloured eyes, that shimmered from her shed tears, a wisp of her red hair was covering her face that he took away with his hand. She returned his glance and looked back into his eyes. Mesmerized by her beauty, he no longer wanted to hold back, all that he wanted, was standing right in front of him.

The heat from the trees was faded away, a fresh breeze was stroking his neck as he leaned in closer to her. The moment his lips met hers, his heart started to beat faster. He heard the wind blowing through the trees, the birds flying from one tree to another and the distant water in the lake. Her lips tasted salty from her tears but at the same time there was this sweetness on her lips. Her lips felt tender and started a firework of emotions inside of him.

Looking startled at the thumb that moved so gently across her face, she let out a small, barely audible noise and took a shaky breath. Everything was finally starting to crash down around her, consuming her in a pit of complete and utter emotional overload. A slight shiver ran through her body as his hand brushed her hair back, eyes locked onto his and unable to look away. Her heart thudded against her rib cage, a mixture of adrenaline and anticipation as she saw him moving closer and closer to her. Was he going to-- The thought hadn't fully formed in her mind when it was brought to reality, the soft brush of lips across hers sending a rush of emotion through every fiber of her being. Her natural instinct to fight or flight was absent, and in its place was an entirely new feeling.

She didn't even realize her hands had moved until she felt his shirt between her fingers, gripping tightly onto the material as she anchored him close and refused to let go. Her lips parted slightly as she savored the foreign taste of his, the energy between them unmistakable as she clung almost desperately to him. Time didn't exist, the sounds of nature and the crackling flames unheard as she finally broke the kiss and pulled back. Still, even as she panted for air and stared at him, she refused to let go for fear he would simply disappear and the moment would end.

Words escaped her even as she tried to form there, focused only on the man before her as color flooded her cheeks. It wasn't so much a sense of embarrassment than one of wonder, trying to comprehend what had just happened. He had kissed her, but more importantly, she had kissed him back. It seemed like an eternity before she could finally speak, hands loosening their grip on his shirt before finally falling away.

"Um.." Still, she made no move to step back, seemingly glued in place as her legs refused to move. "That was.." Amazing. Breathtaking. Like nothing I've ever experienced before. "Wow." It was a lame response, the color in her cheeks darkening as her fingers touched her lips, still tingling from the kiss. "Sorry, that was a really stupid thing to say."

ELSEWHERE:

A surprised rumble sounded in the large man's chest, eyes wide as he stopped with his arm in the air and froze. Even the sting a fist connecting with his face did nothing, bright eyes turning to stare at the woman speaking to him. What was she saying?

"You let your guard down. What's wrong with you?" His arm fell, clawed fingers flexing as he grumbled and looked around. What had he just felt? The angry rambling of the woman he had been sparring with was barely heard, a hand dismissively waving her away as his boots thudded across the ground. He had felt something, a magic different than what he felt on an every day basis. No, this was.. Close. Not in the sense of distance, but close to him, familiar in a way.

"Something is off." His voice was deep, the normally neutral tone almost conflicted as he stopped and rolled his shoulders back with a sigh. The pain in his face had already subsided, his mind distracted by whatever he had just sensed. It was gone just as quickly as it had come, and his long tail twitched in discomfort. Something was happening, something big, and he needed to find out what.

Matt realised, that the fear of rejection, the thought that she just takes a step back and pushes him away was still there. But when she grabbed him by his shirt and returned the kiss, the tension left his body. A warm feeling spread out through his entire body, he felt so light that a blow of the wind would have been enough to take him away. His hand caressed her cheek and he felt her soft skin under his fingers. He didn't wanted to hold her, give her the chance to step away if she wanted to, but she did the opposite and pulled him in closer, when she tightened her grip on his shirt.

It felt like the moment lasted forever, all other thoughts left him, he only tasted her lips, felt her and wanted to never let this moment go. The taste of her lips remained on his even after they seperated from each other again and he bit on his lower lip.

''Yes, it was really beautiful.'' and I want to kiss you again. He finished the sentence only in his head and realised, that he never thought about the moment after the kiss. His hand still remained on her cheek and his body refused to take it away. ''No, it was not. It really was ... wow. I liked it.'' very very much!

He had no idea how much time had passed in this last moment, it felt like a few hours went by in a few seconds. Torn between, kissing her again and telling her, how much he liked her, his stomach suddenly grumbled loudly. It brought him out of the moment when he felt the hunger inside of him.
There was no need to say anything more to her, all the things he would have liked to say didn't wanted to leave his lips. She surely could need a bit of space, so he grabbed the chance his stomach gave him and retreated his hand from her.

''We haven't eaten anything today. Ready for another fantastic meal with all the wonderful things the kitchen has to offer?'' There was only enough to somewhat fill their stomachs with what is necessary, but it was a welcome change of the topic. He didn't wanted this moment to become awkward.

Beautiful? It wasn't a word she had expected him to associate with the kiss, but she was relieved he wasn't bothered by her less than elegant wording. How could she speak properly, when she was entirely unaccustomed to a form of affection that was truly that--Affection. Just when she was beginning to feel awkward standing there, even as she leaned into his hand without realizing it, the spell was suddenly broken. She inwardly sighed in relief at the sound of his stomach, lips twitching with amusement as she wiped the rest of the moisture from her eyes.

"Yes, food sounds amazing." She hadn't even thought about the lack of food so far, constantly being distracted by one thing after another. Even the trees still burning in the background, slowly dying down, no longer held her attention, and she was more than content to go back inside and finally eat. Setting to work on making coffee for the both of them, she kept herself busy with that and kept her commentary to herself even as she tasted him lingering on her lips. How was she supposed to react to that, especially when there was the temptation to repeat the event?

Matt prepared the food, with the little he had available. They would have to think about ways, to get some food if they would remain for longer at the house. In addition the thought that lingered on his mind for quite some time came back to him. The house would be too small for four people to live there for a longer time. But the house in the city currently was no option. What should they do, when they are all back together? He pushed the thought aside, first of all, they would have to get back together again.

Serenity was silent during the breakfast but Matthew hasn't said anything as well. When he looked to her, he could think about nothing else but the feeling of her lips on his and the desire, to kiss her again. But he couldn't just get over to her and kiss her, could he?
''Say, would you like to train again? Maybe at the lake? We could take a little break and then walk to the lake together.'' He wanted to train her either way but the intention this time, was not only for her, to be able to control her abilities, but also to be close to her again.

Ragnar and Lu
They walked mostly silent side by side through the forest until they reached the end of it. Ragnar stopped for a moment and was lost in thought. A moment passed by before he started to talk. ''Could you go alone to the city? I need to go to our village.'' Lu looked up to him and grinned. ''You want to ask, if they can stay with us, in the hideout?'' Ragnar eyes became wide once again, Lu managed to surprise him when he expected it the least.

Lu kept on talking as he saw the surprise on Ragnars face. ''I recognised that you liked these people Ragnar. I know you now for more than twenty years, I joined every of your missions and you became a dear friend. I know how you tick by now Ragnar. I had the same thought, their house here is too small and they don't have many places to go, where they would be safe. But you know the rule of our village. What do you plan to say to our leader?''

Ragnar smiled when he looked back to Lu. ''I have no idea to be honest. Probably that it would be a risk for us too, if we allow that they face danger, that we could have prevented. Something like that.'' ''Alright, take care and keep me updated. You will probably reach our outpost quicker if you walk by feet now. They can send you from there to our village. To come with me back to the city and use a portal from there would take up some more time.'' replied Lu.
''I had the same thought, that is why I stopped here. Take care too. We see us later my friend.'' With that said, Ragnar turned west and started to walk towards their outpost while Lu turned east and went towards the city.

It was not the fanciest meal, but it was enough to fill her belly in a pleasant way and tide her over. Eventually they would figure out something in regards to more food, but it seemed far more challenging than their quick shopping trip for clothing. Regardless, she knew that they would figure it out, just as they had done with everything else. It was enough to keep her calm throughout the meal, and she had just gotten up to clean her dishes when Matthew spoke again. It took a second for her brain to catch up with his words, and a smile spread over her face.

"I think that would be nice. Otherwise I may just end up setting something on fire again, by pure accident." That could be very, very destructive. Staying by the lake was a good idea as well, leaving a large amount of water should the fire get out of control, or she somehow set either of their clothes ablaze. Her dishes were washed and set aside before she took his, repeating the process before leaning back against the counter. "Besides, we have to pass the time somehow, until Charles wakes up."

''Right and it might take some time until he wakes up.'' His mind was still filled with his thoughts about her and the kiss they shared. He realised, that he stared at her and quickly looked away. ''I could take another shower and will check on Charles real quick. After that I am all yours.'' He finished the sentence and realised the double meaning she could interpret into it. Feeling his cheeks heating up, he quickly went to the bedroom. Goddamn, why does this have to be so difficult? Would it be so wrong to tell her that he likes her, like a lot?

Charles was doing fine, to distract himself from his thoughts, he checked Charles once again with his magic. The infections were all gone and the little damage that was left in him, would be healed in a day or two. When he was done and sure, that Charles is doing fine, he grabbed some spare clothes and went to the bathroom. Before he left the bedroom he turned around to Charles. What would be your advice for me? I could really need a good advice right now.

The shower felt good and when his thoughts returned to Serenity, he turned the water cold which led to a surprised yelp fro him. That was colder than expected but it changed nothing about his thoughts and the one question that still lingered on his mind. Does she like him too?
Leaving the bathroom in a set of fresh clothes he turned to Serenity. ''Alright, I am done, ready when you are.''

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom