Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bet on Me [LocalFriendlyPsychopath x Degu]

The call was answered by someone she might have recognized. The other man from that night. He tilted his head to the side as she spoke, "OH! Shit, uh... she just... just went to sleep but... I can.... I'll wake her up yeah?" he said to her quickly. He was in a similar level of undress... a simple pair of underwear and no shirt. And the under wear were quite... form fitting. He was gone for about five minutes, with nothing more than talking coming from down below. It sounded very casual. He had a good hand on his anger.

Ezi came on, not even wearing underwear and rubbing her eyes grumbling, "What the hell's going on... my little boy toy is telling me you need a lawyer, you wake me up for a lawyer?!?" she said with venom in her voice. After she paused and let her explain she was waking up more and more, and was ready to go. She was grumbling and commanding the man to get her clothes, getting dressed before the screen as she looked at her, "Stay the hell outta sight. I'll have two of our lawyers meet me there, and... you're not going to like this but uh... at least one of them had a relationship with your lover boy... he's not going to be happy to see her either. But she's a professional..." She said as she dialed something and paused, "His phone isn't ringing.... its going straight to voicemail?" she said. When she found out why she rolled her eyes, "Good lord what a drama queen. Be there in twenty minutes, stay hidden," she said.

And with that, the screen went dark again. Talking from downstairs was getting a little more aggravated. She could hear Eli raising his voice and sounding a bit upset as the man continued, though she couldn't make out words. One thing was said, then another, and the two continued like that for long enough that at least one of the two lawyers showed up. The third voice was feminine and was discussing some things. After a few moments she heard someone coming up the stairs and soon enough the door was opening.

Eli stepped through and looked at her with a sigh, "I'm sorry about this," he said to her softly before leaning in and kissing her on the forehead, "Thanks for what you did... I gotta ask why she brought HER, but... that's not your fault," he said to her softly as he gave her a hug, "I'll bring you out in a little bit, but you gotta stay up here a little longer, I'm still worried..." he said to her softly, "I also came up to grab some... papers," he said as he moved past her and went to grab some of the paperwork he had gotten from the first night he got her. He grabbed the papers and sighed, walking past again, "Be right back, I promise," he said.

"Wake her." There was no hesitation in her voice as she finished dressing, taking another deep breath while she fought to stay calm. It was proving impossible, and the anger coming from the vampiress made her visibly flinch. Eli was the one who had said to call her, why was the woman mad at her? Explaining the best that she could, even as she stumbled over her words, Anaya managed to get the necessary bits of information out before she nodded. She could hide, and the least of her concerns was one of Eli's ex lovers showing up. If she was taken away, it wouldn't matter who he'd already slept with came around.

The sound of Eli arguing downstairs was getting louder, and she winced before moving to pace around the room again. Twenty minutes, what the hell was she supposed to do for twenty minutes?! Bits and pieces of the conversation she could almost hear, mostly jumbled, indecipherable words, but not enough to pick out specifics over the sound of her own heartbeat pounding in her ears. It was the sound of another female that snapped her partially out of it though, pausing in her pacing before resuming again.

"All I did was call." She shook her head, still tense as he hugged her. "I'm not moving until I have to. I'm not letting him take me away." Were they ever going to get a break? Rubbing at her face as he left the room, she leaned back against the wall before sliding down to the floor. Lawyers, bloody lawyers to make sure they couldn't take her away. How had word even gotten to people that Eli had her? Apparently people couldn't keep their mouths shut, and she held her head in her hands as she listened idly to the conversation downstairs.

He paused at the door, then sighed as he opened the door, "Papers," he said handing them to her. The woman came up the stairs quickly and grabbed them, looking past him at her. She was tall. She had a more human look to her than he did, but the horns and glowing green eyes gave away her looks. She was in a professional outfit and she paused at the door, looking at her then him and sighing, "Stay up here with your little pet... we're going to talk once this leech is gone," she hissed through her teeth.

He handed off the packets then slipped down the side of the door with her, "You know these guys just want money right?" he said to her, "And that I'd kill a hundred assholes like him before they even laid a FINGER on you," he said before taking her into his arms and hugging her tightly. He pulled her from her position onto his lap and squeezed her tight, "When we broke the chip they got a message and came after you, cause they get money from that... when they found out who had you, they thought they could extort me, "he said, "We're going to tear them a new financial asshole though," he said to her as he hugged her to him.

He felt a tear slip down his cheek, a streak of blood coming from his eye to his cheek as he held her close, "I won't let you go, I swear to you, I won't let you go.... I won't let you go," he began to say almost like a mantra as he began to hug a little too tight. He paused and pulled back frowning, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to... too uh..." He sniffled a little, "They were saying a lot of weird things that were getting me upset, I think he wanted me to hit him. He kept calling you stuff that made me angrier and angrier," he said as he squeezed her again.

Pet. That's what she was, wasn't she? Still, she didn't like the way the woman was talking, not one bit. Her head turned towards Eli as she shrugged, looking up at him from her spot from the floor as he joined her. She felt so incredibly small wrapped in his arms, safe as it was, burying her face against his neck as she sniffled. Things were very bad, it seemed.

"I know." She nodded, voice muffled against him as he explained things to her. "Fuck them up." The thought made her smile a little even as he pulled back, but it quickly disappeared at the sight of the blood running down his cheek. Her hand came up, thumb swiping over it before she brought it to her mouth and licked it clean. "You'd better not. I'm not going anywhere." Where the hell was the vampiress?

"They can say whatever they want." She shook her head. "I'm sure I've heard most of it, but I can handle it as long as I don't have to leave." For how many times he was repeating that he wouldn't let her go, she just hoped it was true. When it came down to it, she'd been taken off the street, illegally experimented on, did they have any legal right to her?

They sat there for what seemed like an hour before Ezi got there, The man was on the back foot now. As soon as she was there it was quite clear she was, as her voice seemed to be the loudest. Eli took her and stood her up right before opening the door and stepping out, to look at the carnage. The man in the suits smirk from earlier was gone and he seemed to be getting chewed out from both women at once, as well as a third male lawyer who simply was standing there recording everything. When the two came out, the man glanced up, and upon seeing her he frowned and cleared his throat, as if trying to get everyone to stop.

Eli took a few steps down the stairs towards him, leaving her alone at the door now, as he kept his eyes on him. The room quieted down briefly as Eli spoke, "So... are we clear on whats going to happen if you don't try to stop this absolute idiocy? Both my and my associate have paperwork, and the... individuals in question had everything done legally, at least on OUR end," he said narrowing his eyes.

The male put up his hands, "I am simply a messenger, and I do apologize if you got the wrong idea here, I do not want to take anyone away from any...adopted home or what have you," he said nervously. The eyes of everyone in the room burning into him, "But there is a fee for breaking company property, and strictly speaking its illegal for us to SELL a person, therefore they are simply rented and a breaking of the chip means theft of services from us," he said.

Eli seemed like he was about to say something when Ezi stood between the two and glared the man in the eye, "Cut the shit, you know as well as I do that all this crap is just your way of trying to get money out of us. And yes, I say us, we both got someone that night, from YOUR authorized seller, or renter, or whatever you want to ask. Point being, we want to buy out the contract," she said, "So take your little paperwork, and take this check," she said writing something on it, "And get out of our faces," She hissed.

The man paused looking at the check before giving a slightly shocked look, "That... uh... those are.... that's a lot of zeros," he said, "S...seven if my eyes are correct?" he asked. Eli nodded at him, "And that's more than enough for all your fee's and everything else. Lose every bit of paperwork, lose every little thing you have, and the few things YOU DO still have? Like what that imp brought us? You bring us the REST of it, Tomorrow..." he said, "And once that's done, you get to keep every bit of the money on that check, otherwise, we can see you in court," he said.

The man straightened up slight before sighing, "Very...very well, I'll see how my employers take this," He said as he began to leave. He opened the briefcase and put the check inside, nodding at him, "I'll... make sure you get that sir," he said, "And... Ma'am," he said as he quickly started to leave. HE backed up to the door, keeping his eyes on all of them before stepping out and slamming the door shut.

As soon as it was Ezi was glaring at Eli, "YOU BROKE YOUR PHONE AGAIN!?!?" she hissed, and before long both of the women were berating him and yelling at him as he seemed to be put off by the two's sudden change and verbal lashing.

Ezibella was finally there, that much was sure. She made no attempt to hide her displeasure, and it actually made Anaya laugh for a brief moment. The woman was ruthless. Being pulled up and towards the door, however, was unpleasant, and she tried to tug herself back at first. She didn't want to be around all of the yelling, and stayed behind Eli as he moved towards the stairs. If she wasn't going to be forced down there, she wasn't going yet. That, and the way that the other man was looking at her made her incredibly nervous.

Rented. Right, she had been rented, although in a way the term actually made sense, even if it did make her feel completely disgusting. Lingering at the top of the stairs still, she jumped as Ezibella tore into the man quickly, leaving him wide eyed and stumbling over his words. That was a lot of money, for two people? For her and the vampiress' boy toy? Clearly she favored him.

"That was--" The door was barely shut when the two women had turned on Eli, and she was thundering down the stairs in a split second. "Knock it off!" Snapping loudly as she came down the last step, she slunk around the room in front of Eli and growled. "If you're going to yell at someone, yell at me, this mess is because of me apparently." Her fangs pressed into her lower lip, suddenly seeming just a bit longer as her tail swayed around angrily.

"Is this really going to be a scream fest over a phone?" Although she already had the suspicion the other woman was angry because Eli was with her now, rather than the demoness herself. "Or is this just something you all do, yell at each other?"

Eli closed his eyes and leaned back as the two women began to berate him. He expected it. He stood there and let the two women berate him, but what he wasn't expecting was her stepping in. He put an arm on her shoulder and tugged her back, "They're upset, and they have every right to be just.... I can fight my own battles, I appreciate it love," he said as he kissed her on the nose. The female demon let out a groan, "Lucifer's sake can you please NOT be a disappointment?" she hissed.

Eli shot a glare at her and she stepped back taking out her phone and hitting some buttons as he got ready to say something. But he stopped, hugging her to his body as he sighed, "I don't give a shit what you think a fucking demon is supposed to act like. I've found a mortal I love, and I don't give a shit if you're upset with me binding with her," he said to her softly as he kissed Anaya's neck and nuzzled against her. The demoness rolled her eyes and sighed as she moved to the side.

Ezi smacked him across the face, "You destroy another fucking phone and let strangers into the house and I'm going to take away your allowance!" she hissed, "And Ezi, that phone was a prototype... one of a kind, expensive... now we owe the company who made it a bit of money," she said, "And he only breaks them when he's angry, and when he's angry he makes mistakes, and he shouldn't let anyone into his HOME when he's upset!" She said angrily, "That man could have had you wrapped around his little finger by the time we got here with how angry you were," she hissed at him.

Eli sighed as he buried his face into the side of Anaya's neck, kissing and nipping, "I know..." he said, sounding like a child who was scolded, "I'm sorry," he said. The other woman paused a moment longer before walking up, "Alright, I'm taking Anaya out for a day, she's going to go out and go shopping. Girls day out, you game Ezibell?" she asked. The vampire shrugged, "I can leave my boy toy here to hang out with Eli," she said as she looked at the two. The woman looked back at her, "Just call me Sarah, its easier than my real name, I'm not some coy little play demon like your boyfriend here,' she said, "So... you wanna get out and get a dress for that party in a few days?" she asked.

Eli held her tight and paused, "She's supposed to talk to the doctor today... they were going to finsih removing the chip... but I guess its best not too until they finish there little suit or something,' he said. He thought about it before sighing and shaking his head, "Up to you, whatever you wanna day Anaya," he said to her.

"Not really a mortal anymore, am I." Muttering under her breath before pressing her lips together to refrain from any more comments, she leaned back and tilted her head to give Eli better access to her neck. What caught her off guard however was the mention of an allowance, and the smack that seemingly came out of nowhere. It had a growl starting in her chest, the sound working its way up her throat before she managed to cut it off. It was nearly impossible to keep her mouth shut when Eli was constantly being insulted and yelled at, but she somehow managed to restrain herself.

"What?" Her eyes went wide as she stiffened up, looking between the women before back at Eli with a slightly panicked expression. Go shopping after everything that had just happened? "Sarah.. Alright." Looking back at the woman warily, she snorted in amusement before contemplating her options. While she didn't know this woman at all, or the vampiress very much, it sounded like a better option than sitting around panicking for the remainder of the day. Especially if she wouldn't even have the doctor's visit to distract her. Again, things were being pushed back.

"Sure," Tone flat, she pulled herself away from him reluctantly and scratched behind an ear. "It's not like there's anything else to do, and you said I needed to dress up for the party anyway." It couldn't possibly go that bad, could it? She looked at Ezibella curiously as she moved around, finding her boots and coat before pulling them on. "So what, vampires can go out in the day time?"

The vampire smiled a toothy grin, "have a drink before you go, get those fangs back down,' she said to her, "And no. There's a mall nearby with an enclosed parking garage, just like this building. You know you live with some vampires right? Down below?" she asked teasingly, "Most places have tinted windows, and my vehicle is very much the same. All the windows in the mall are also tinted," she said, "God, you think society would be so barbaric as to deny my kind?" she asked her teasingly, "Not to mention we have money, and money can easily get you anything," she said.

The female demon raised an eyebrow with her arms crossed, "Anything but modesty," she said, "I'm the one here who's supposed to be the envy monster,' She said before sighing, "I'm on the clock, but these two are paying my check, I'd not usually take off work early to go shopping but I'm rather afraid that if I leave you alone with lover boy he's going to smother you with all his....creepy lovey dovey shit,' she said sounding disgusted as she glared at the Robe clad man, "And to be clear deary, I have nothing against you, but he's always acted the rebel and him taking you on in such a.... intimate role.... while its good for you its rather insulting and deviant for my kind... though I suppose it'll be good for rebel persona and PR for the company," she said as Ezibella stifled a laugh and nodded.

Eli stood there, watching her with a slight smile as he sighed, "Well, I guess I'll let you... go do your thing... it'll give me time to... catch up on... or do..." He paused as he looked around, "I'll find some way to keep busy... but you two keep her safe or I swear to..." he began as the two glared at him and backed down, "Right, right, sorry... less... uh, smothering," He said quietly to himself, "I guess I'll get dressed... maybe take a shower... alone," he said, "Do... you wanna have a bite before you leave? Or would you rather drink when you get back?" he asked her before leaning in and leaving a kiss on her cheek.

"Do what now?" Lifting her fingers to her mouth, she cursed upon realizing her fangs were still longer. While they were always out in a manner, they weren't usually so large as to get in the way of things. With a quiet grumble, she glanced down towards the floor and shook her head. "I haven't been here long enough to know anything like that." The tinted windows made sense though, and it was a bit embarrassing that she hadn't thought of that to begin with.

"I don't know what society does half the time, but that's fair, about the money." Turning her attention back to Sarah, she gave her a long, blank look before beginning to snicker. She wasn't wrong, Eli was very lovey dovey, and sometimes it was very confining. Not that it was a bad thing, but she was still getting used to it and giving him some time to himself was probably a good idea. They couldn't stay glued together every second of the day, after all.

"You'll find something to do. You managed before you met me, you'll manage now." Giving Eli a tired smile, she felt a bit guilty for how sad he seemed to be getting, but not enough to stay there all day. They weren't teenagers, they needed their time apart. "I guess I probably should, if my fangs are showing that badly." It was already uncomfortable trying to keep her tail outside of her clothing without chafing, and she adjusted her pants with a sigh. "I wonder if I'll be able to put this away at some point, so it's not in the way." Making a face as it swayed around in the air, she stepped forward to rub against his arm. "Just a quick snack, and then I'll be back later, okay?" If she survived a girl's day out, that was.

Eli let out a soft sigh and shook his head a little. HE smiled as she rubbed against him. He lifted up his wrist to her mouth so she could bite it and suck out some blood, stifling a moan as she drank. He gave her a kiss on the lips after she was finished, licking his own blood up a little before he grabbed a papertowle and put it on his arm. He turned to her, "Send your boy toy in, I'm sure we'll find something to do," He said to the vampiress who shrugged, "He's already coming up," she said.

True enough he walked up shortly after waving a bit to everyone, "Oh man, we having a party in here?" he said as he nodded his head, "Or wait... is this one of those... are we..." He paused as he looked up the Demoness who shot him a deep and cruel glare, "Touch me and die," she said bitterly.

He paused, 'Oh... not an orgy... uh... right, so... what am I doing?" he asked.

Ezibella sighed, "You're just going to hang out with eli while we go shopping for the party. Alright? Girls night out, boys night in, you two drink beer or whatever it is you guys do.

Eli shot a glare at her, "I barely ever drink beer, its mostly wine, and anythingI have would proboably.... how human are you?" he asked curiously.

The man had at this point realized the girl with the fangs and tail was the same one he was sold with and he paused, "I"m uh.... I... I think I'm human? What happened to her!?" he said frightened.

Eli sighed, "Great, I get to explain the birds and the bees to him?" he hissed at Ezi who simply shrugged before grabbing Ana's hand and dragging her outside with her. They went all the way off down to the car before stopping at a rather swanky looking sportster. Ezibella got into the front seat and nodded to the other two, "Anything you buy today I'll bill Eli for, don't worry about having your own money alright?" she said.

"Don't have too much fun without me." Licking the blood from her lips after the short snack, Anaya gave him a small smile and stepped back. Footsteps were approaching the apartment before the man appeared, and she gave him a once over before watching the following interactions. It seemed that Ezibella got into some very interesting things in her spare time, and she had to stifle a laugh at the demoness' angry words.

"Bye!" She could barely get the word out before she was being drug out and down to the car, slipping in after giving it an appreciative look. Of course Ezi would have a fancy car, why was she even surprised? Between her and Sarah, it was going to be a very interesting day, and she just hoped it would be in a good way. "Hmm.." Well, Eli had said that he had plenty of money, and she had yet to take advantage of it in any way. But there were some things she could use, that she hadn't gotten yet.

"I don't have a phone, so I should probably get one." She could see Sarah looking at her strangely, the demoness shaking her head with a quiet mutter of words. "I don't even know if he was going to get me one, it's not like I really saw anyone, so I guess it wasn't necessary?" Still, if she was going to be going out and about on her own, she would need it. And, of course, there was always the advantage of being able to browse the internet or play games on it.

"I swear, what are we going to do with that idiot?" Glancing at Ezibella with a wry smile, Sarah shook her head again before glancing back at Anaya. "Get whatever you want, he's not here to influence your decision, and a surprise or two won't kill the old bastard." She laughed, Anaya echoing the sound before she even realized what she was doing. The atmosphere in the car allowed her to relax as they drove, arriving at their destination before she knew it.

The building was tall, expansive, and by the looks of it was some sort of mall. Somewhere Eli would have never taken her for fear of being recognized. Already she was excited, barely containing herself as they parked in the underground garage that would allow Ezibella to get into the building without the trouble of direct sunlight. A mall, she was going shopping in a mall!

The vampiress snorted, "Eli's the weirdest biggest teddy bear I've ever met. He can't hurt a fly and he's helped people even when he knows they won't be happy to return the favor. I'd say he's not any kind of demon but..." she paused, "Well I've seen him angry and I know some of the things he's done when he was younger," she said, "And no, I'm not telling either of you, you can ask him if you're so curious," she said as they parked in a side garage. She got out and stretched before nodding, "Alright, lets go," she said, "Phone store first for you, after that..." she paused, "Well I know what I usually get him for Christmas but I dunno if he wants a bottle of expensive wine from you," she said teasingly.

They walked in and were greeted by a doorman who let them in. The place was busy, with plenty of people, humans, vampires and creatures like her, walking around talking laughing. A couple passed by, the male being human and the female being quite the stunning specimen of demon. She turned and looked at the three women, giving a sly wink to one of them as they continued to walk on by. This place seemed to think that all this behavior was...normal.

The shops though, those were... well, far from it. Sure they had the average book stores and this and that, but a handful of specialty stores. One particularly for blood sweets, some kind of candy filled with synthetic, or as one advertisement suggested, your own blood. Ezi glanced at them a little too long before turning to her and smiling, "I have a feeling he's gonna end up getting you some of that at some point. Its better than it sounds, I promise," she said.

The other stores that catered to the less than mortal were all over. Highly sexual shops that were at least roped off or hard to see into, but once you walked by you knew who they were for. Stuff that might have been hidden a decade ago flourishing in the open world with plenty of people moving up and up. Ezi turned to her and nodded over her shoulder, "Shop over there, you got a brand you like? Or can we just go into any old store? I'm not big on tech so I just let my assistants grab one for me when I need an upgrade," she said,' Or in our current case, we had very expensive prototypes that there were very few of as part of a brand deal with that one fruit company... and I swear of eli cost us the deal by having a fit I'm going to.... I'll...' she started to get mad but flexed her hands out, as they had turned into balls while she spoke, "No... calm Ezi. You need him alive to make those new designs for fashion week," she said.

"I wasn't going to ask." Giving Ezibella a strange look as her and Sarah got out as well, she nodded briefly. A phone, definitely. What the hell was she doing to do when she had a phone again? Maybe she would eventually make friends she could actually contact on it. That was an interesting thought. "No, I'm not getting him wine." She did need to figure out what to get him though, and her mind was working over different possibilities as they walked. It was enough of a distraction that she barely noticed the woman winking at one of them until it was too late, and only Sarah's hand on her arm kept her from tripping over her own feet.

"Yeah, they're good at that, you'll have to get used to it in places like this." Nodding her head with an embarrassed expression, Anaya smoothed out her outfit and kept walking. That would have been a very embarrassing scene if Sarah hadn't caught her, and she gave the demoness a grateful look. "What now?" Turning her attention back to Ezibella, she squinted at the display set up in the store she was speaking about.

"I'll have to take your word for it. I told him he didn't need to get me anything though. It's not like we've known each other for long. We're not married or anything, he doesn't need to go out and buy me a bunch of things." It seemed every time she tried to focus on something she found herself distracted, staring at yet another store she could hardly believe existed.

"Uh.. Any store is fine. Sarah can.. Help me?" She received a nod of confirmation from the demoness that made her relax even as Ezibella tried to calm herself, and she could hear Sarah laughing before reaching out to pat Ezi on the shoulder.

"Yes, yes, he's an idiot. We've all known that for a long time now, and we don't want to leave this one all alone because you got mad and took his head off--Quite literally." How easily they joked about such matters made Anaya laugh, her shoulders relaxing as she allowed Sarah to pull her towards one of the phone stores. "Come on, we'll get you something nice, but simple enough you won't be frustrated trying to figure out why there's a million menu options you clearly don't need. Ezi, why don't you grab a quick, ahem, snack to calm down while we do this, and we can move onto the actual clothing shopping. Doesn't whats-his-face.. Oh, the clearly gay one--Doesn't he still make clothing here?"

She sighed and nodded, "Yes, Tommy still does dresses here, I'd appreciate it if you didn't call him the gay one though, its a bit demeaning," she said to her as she started to walk off again, "I'm going to get a snack, then I'll just meet back up with you two," she said. She took a deep breath and sighed, "Alright, I'm just gonna get my stuff and see you guys in the store, yeah?" she said pointing to the store that Sarah was dragging them too.

When they entered the store a man approached almost immediately, "Hey, how ya doing? What are we looking for today? You ladies need a new tablet? Maybe a case for your phones... or maybe something happened to your phone huh?" he said happily, "Here to help and always happy to help one of hells elites," the man said with a quick flash of some far pointer teeth than a human should ever have, his eyes going bright yellow for a brief second before chuckling, "Sorry to jump the gun, I just don't usually get ot speak with my own kind and they frown from me using my real form in the store," he guy said a bit grumpily.

"Well he is." The demoness shrugged, glancing back at the vampire with a toothy grin. "Yeah, we'll meet you there after we deal with this phone stuff." Taking a step back as a man came up to them just inside the store, Anaya hovered a few inches behind Sarah with an uncertain look on her face. Realizing it was a worker made her relax somewhat, listening to the demoness laugh and shake her head.

"They always do, they always do. You can blame the idiots that think knowing a demon's true name will give them some magical power to rule the world." She rolled her eyes, glancing back at Anaya and waving an arm around the store. "Go on, whatever you want. She just needs a phone, but not one of those over complicated ones she'll break out of frustration. Don't even try to sell me on that shit, cause I ain't buying it." She was certainly bold, and Anaya snickered from behind her as she came up at her side and looked around the store.

"As long as I can use the internet on it, I'll be fine. I don't need a million apps or anything." She'd never been big on them to begin with, and there was no reason to start using them now. The worker nodded, looking thoughtful as he turned and led them towards one side of the store. Every foot or two there was a new model, all the way from plain designs to ones in neon colors with buttons for who only knew what. "Uh.. Fuck." Great, the worst part of the shopping: deciding what to actually get.

The demon salesman lead the two inside and brought them a wall of phones. He pointed out a few differently colored ones, before finally settling at one of the rather cheap and plain looking ones, "This is... well, I mean... it can get calls and go online. Not a great camera, not a great anything, good if you're saving money but... I can always see about getting you two a discount, "he said with a smile, "IF... that's the issue," he said to her.

"If not... I mean... I get commisions, so if you ladies don't mind dropping a bit of cash..." he was saying as Ezibella came up with a very odd looking candy on a stick. SHe put a hand up and glared at Sarah, "One word and I leave you here," she said as she gave it a lick before popping it into her mouth and sighing, "Thats better... I was starting to feel grumpy... so what have we got? Oh. Oh god no, why would we get you something this... cheap," she said as she pointed at the phone.

The salesdemon looked up, "You... paying for her ma'am?" he asked as she shook her head, "Oh, I see, I..." He paused as he looked at her, "Oh... OH! Oh my..." he paused as Ezibella shot a glare at him and he paused a moment looking at the young girl again, "Youuuuuuuuuuu....' he began to say as a smile crept across his face, "Right... well, for someone who's going to be seen with such high profile people...' He said as he cleared his throat, "You want simple but elegant and expensive... you want something to show off, right?" he said, "Over here,' He said leading them to a massive display in which the phone wasn't even on display. It was in a box that was within a massive plastic shell so no one could touch it, "Ten to every store. Limited edition. The design is from a famous artist, each one is unique!" he said, "Price tag.... well, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't prefer you to buy this," he said, "The money I'd make off this one sale would practically double my pay check," he said.

Ezibella sighed, "Well the man knows who we are but at least he knows what we want... why not grab one of those? Maybe even two. One for you and one for Eli...' she said, "Since ya know... he busted his phone... AGAIN," she said angrily before sucking harder on the hard candy.

"What are you--Oh." Anaya's eyes went wide as she figured out what Ezibella was sucking on, Sarah snorting in laughter beside her. The conversation between the vampiress and the salesman seemed to amuse the demon, while Anaya stood by mostly clueless trying to put the pieces together. Whatever was going on, he clearly understood who they were. Ezibella's words confirmed her suspicions, and she tried to keep a straight face as she eyeballed the phone that was barely displayed.

"Oh.. Right." She looked a bit embarrassed despite it not being her fault Eli had broken his phone, and nodded her head slowly. "Okay, that's probably a good idea." If money didn't matter, then why not? She needed a phone, and it seemed to be acceptable to both the vampire, and the demon at her side nodding along. Her attention was more on the candy the vampiress was sucking on though, head tilted slightly as she idly wondered what it tasted like.

"Yeah, that's fine!" Snapping herself out of it as she caught Sarah giving her a knowing look, her cheeks turned a brilliant red as she muttered and moved closer to the demoness. "Yeah, let's get the phones and do the rest of our shopping." Sarah was snickering, looking between Anaya and the candy before winking at Ezibella.

"I think we should probably get her one of those before we leave today, Ezi. Girl's staring at it like a kid in a candy store, no pun intended."

The Vampiress dug around the small bag she was carrying and pulled one out, handing it to her, "You think I don't know how to share? There's only one thing I don't share and its my men. Its why we didn't get along at first if I remember correctly," she said to Sarah shooting her a playful grin. When it came back to the phones the man who was ringing them up seemed to be bragging over to his boss who walked over very slowly, looking at the three women. A large intimidating demi-human. He wasn't pure human, and he wasn't a demon, as he couldn't hide his non human-ness.

The man crossed his arms as he looked at them, "How are you doing tonight ladies, I'm glad you're enjoying our store, I just wann make sure I heard my employee correctly, you three are buying two of our limited edition phones? Is'at true?" he said, the last bit coming with a bit of an accent.

Ezi looked up at him before letting out a sigh, "Yes, its true, we have money to blow, she's got a rich boyfriend to impress, and that man was very helpful," she said as she produced a solid black card.

The manager eyed it carefully before taking it and looking at it, "Iz'at so? Mind if we take a pic for our break room wall? Not often we get celebrities. I don't recognize ya but my young employee's seem too," the man said as he softened and smiled warmly at them now, "Heh, so what are you three? In films? Music industry?" he asked.

Ezi smiled at him, "Fashion industry, I'm on a board of directors, and her boyfriend," she said grabbing Anaya, "And she's the new fiance of one 'Eligor' who's also on my board..." she said.

The man nodded,' "Zat right? My wife has a bag by him, its got a bit E on it, not my kinda thing but she was super happy to have it! Alrighty then, sorry for the hostilities, we've just had a few issues in the mall recently!" he said as he walked over to the male demon and handed him the card to be able to finish the transaction.

Ezibella sighed and rolled her eyes, "I hate having to flutter my eyes and play nice," she said as she deflated a bit before perking back up as the two came back with the phones and card, "So.. .we're supposed to take a photo of the people who get these things, but as I hear it, one is a gift, so mind if we get a pic of her opening at least one of them?" he said presenting her with two boxes that had gold-leaf on them, each one labeled with a number out of 1000

Last edited:
"Oh." She hadn't expected the woman to pull one out on the spot, and after carefully taking it Anaya hesitated before sticking it in her mouth. It was a unique taste, although not nearly as good as Eli's fresh blood. Straight from the source truly was the best, apparently. It didn't hurt that they had a connection past feeding, and after making a slight face she continued to suck on it. She jumped as the man approached them as they were trying to check out, taking a step back and closer to the women as she eyed him warily.

"Wait, what?" Her head whipped towards the vampire, eyes wide as she nearly dropped the sucker and coughed. Fiancé? So much for keeping it low key. Hadn't Eli said he didn't want their relationship public until everything was sorted out? Ezibella had just shot that concept to hell and back a few times with that commentary. She groaned internally, turning to stare at the woman even as Sarah sighed and rubbed her temples.

"Good job, Ezi. Toss the girl under the bus. Eli isn't going to be happy when that hits the news, and you know people can't keep their mouths shut. You'd better hope these boys wait more than a day at least." She stopped talking as the men came back, rolling her eyes as they began to speak. Their words had Anaya stiffening up as she looked at the two women with a bit of panic, her mind running a million miles a minute. Eli was going to murder her, them, or all three of them.

"I don't really like having my picture taken." The last thing she needed was to have it making its way around when she had people trying to take her back.

Ezibella raised an eyebrow, "Well, normally I wouldn't push something but her being a fiance solves a lot of our PR problems, I've been work shopping it since we decided to try to fix this a day or two ago, been thinking about a lot of it, its weird and unheard of for a incubus to marry, especially around this holiday," she said, "Besides the bastard owes me for some things and if I know that sappy idiot he's already trying to get her a ring to propose at the damn party," she said as she tapped away on her phone.

The vampiress looked up at the other two, "Don't look at me like that!" she said as they stared at her, "Besides, it makes it harder for them to pull some crap and tug her away or sell her on some market if the two are married," she said, "You're the one in legal, "she said glaring at Sarah, "You should be fine with this," she hissed as the vampiress turned and started to walk out, "Get your glamour pic, we got dresses to pick out," she said happily as she turned and walked from the two.

"She's got a point." Sarah shrugged, giving Anaya an apologetic look. "Word's already out, might as well run with it. Even if Eli decides to throw a shit fit, it'll be enough to protect you for now. Don't think anyone will be dumb enough to try and take you away once they learn you're engaged to someone as big name as him." Ezi did have a point, too, it wasn't out of the realm of possibility for there to be a ring in the future, although she had no idea how Anaya would handle something like that actually happening. Don't be an idiot, Eli, you'll make the poor girl run away. That was the last thing she needed to be dealing with, a mopey incubus because he scared away his bonded.

"It's fine, just get your picture taken care of, and let's go. I think you'll like Ezi's friend, if we're going there for dresses." Anaya still looked uncomfortable with the entire situation but nodded, muttering a curse even as she allowed the worker to take a picture of her with one of the phones. Keeping a small smile on her face was hard to do when her heart was beating so fast, but she made it out of the store in one piece holding the boxes and running after Ezibella.

"No more pictures." She wrinkled her nose. "You weren't serious about the proposing at the party, right?" That wouldn't be any pressure on her, nope, not at all. Wearing a ring and faking things to keep herself safe and Eli from being hounded was one thing, but actually being proposed to was another thing entirely. Especially around so many people. "He's going to be so mad about this, isn't he?"

The vampire sighed, "No, he's not going to be upset, and yes, he was looking for rings... thats part of how I managed to drag you out, he asked me for your finger size and I told him to shut it," she said, "Does it matter though? He's already head over heels for you and the rest of the world is gonna learn, so we might as well just feed his little obsession," she said, "Or if you're uncomfortable with it, I can put you in witness protection,' she teased her.

The group got the picture with the people in the store, before moving out and around the mall to the smaller botique off in one corner of the mall. The man inside looked bored out of his mind, sitting there as he yawned and flipped through the pages of a magazine. He glanced up at them for a moment before going back to the magazine lazily, then froze. He looked up and smiled, "SARAH! IZZY LIZZY!" he shouted throwing his arms wide open as he came in for hug.

Ezibella smiled, "I told you never to call me that!" she said in an equally cheery manner as she accepted the hug, "Alright, alright," she said, "This here is the man who's going to give you the best looking dress at our party tomorrow... better than mine even, I give him permission," he said as the man made an over exaggerated shocked face before looking at Anaya, "Lucky girl getting to overshadow the birthday gal," he teased.

The vampiress shot him a look, 'Its a holiday part and you are one of three people who KNOWS my actual birthday, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't go around screaming it at people, they kinda lose there meaning after the three hundreth one," she said as she elbowed the man hard enough to make him wince, though his jovial and excited demeanour came back immediately.

"No I don't want to be in witness protection." Grumbling her complaint quietly even as her head spun, Anaya tried to think of what the party would be like. If Eli actually proposed in front of that many people what was she supposed to do? She hadn't even been able to tell him that she loved him or straighten out those specific feelings, so how could she say yes? But how could she say no and not only embarrass him, but possibly tear them apart? No, that wasn't an option, and she just prayed that he didn't pop the question in the midst of a crowded party and send her into a panic attack.

Her head whipped towards the sound of the man shouting and she took a step back, watching Sarah burst into laughter as she approached the man with Ezibella. Izzy Lizzy? That was an interesting nickname for the vampire. "Wait, better than yours?" Looking slightly panicked for a moment, she shook her head and looked at the man with wide eyes. "Wait, birthday? No, no don't let me have a better one!" After three hundred? How old was she?

The man laughed, "I'm more afraid of her than you sweetie, and she says she wants you to be the belle of the ball," he said with a grin. He moved her and lifted her arms before taking a few really quick measurement sand laughed, "This will be simple. She's small," he said quickly as he moved around and started to grab some things, "So.... tell me about yourself. what colors are gonna go well with you? I just wanna know what you think cause I've already got the dress in my mind... it'll take about..." He paused, "I'll say two hours," he said to her before pausing again, "Actually! OH OH! I have this beautiful dress... she doesn't need it till next week I can remake what I've done in.. .well, two hours, and she's a very close size to her so I think I can use that... and we just mix it with... Oh yes, this will work!" he said excitedly as he clapped his hands together.

The vampiress grunted as she watched him, "I'm still upset with you, I want you to know that, but you're a damn fine tailor and thats what makes me keep you around," She said to him as the man busied himself a bit. She smiled at Anaya, and sighed, "You should look better than me, I tend to be very plain, I ant to be plain well,k which is why I come to him, but you need to show off a bit, we're making a statement. This is you coming out!" She said with a grin, "Err, I guess... that might take on other meanings now a days, either way though," she said with a shrug.

Back
Top Bottom