Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Eastern Front ((WWII RP ME and Blueracoon))

It was the least he could do. After sitting around with a sinking feeling of guilt and uselessness, to finally be given a task was a nice reprieve from the former monotony and worry. Desya gave a quick nod, hurrying off to the mess hall. Luckily, the line wasn't very long; mid-day rations were almost done with being distributed and most were either eating or already back to their daily duties. He got Senka's and his amount of rations before returning to the sick ward, settling back in his seat before offering his partner her share.

"Is this the first time you've been shot?"

Senka waited for him return and she picked up the fork with the hand that did not have the drip in it. She then said "Unless basic training counts...one of the girls missed their mark...I dunno how, but she did...but out in the field, yes" she said looking at him and eating the food slowly, her stomach grateful.

"But it wasn't nearly as bad as this one, right?" Desya huffed slightly, chewing on his bottom lip gingerly in thought as he toyed with the rations he didn't really have much of an appetite for, even though he seemed to be eating less than normal the past few days anyway. The soldier shook his head slightly before muttering, "I'm sorry. If I had been more careful, you wouldn't have gotten shot."

"no, it was not" she said in reply to his question. She continued to eat and she looked up at him and shook her head at his next statement. "No, you did what you were supposed to do. We got out of there alive. As long as one of us isn't in the morgue, I think you did just fine" she said grinning and eating some more. She looked at him and said "Whats the matter, not hungry?" she asked him.

Bah, so she got her worst war injury under his watch. Lovely. And true, she was still alive and well... but she wasn't in her best health anymore, either. "I told Aleks that I'd keep an eye on you and make sure you didn't get hurt- and you end up here," he replied. Desya glanced up from his uneated food to Senka and back, managing a small grin. "It always takes me a bit to get used to a normal eating schedule after missions," he excused.

Senka looked at him when he told her what aleks had said. She had always been like that. "Desya...don't worry about it okay" she said looking at him. She touched his hand gently and smiled.

"It's not okay, you still got hurt," he replied automatically, grasping her hand and giving a soft squeeze. It took him a moment to realize that Senka was the one who had touched his hand first- the usually cold and distant soldier, actually having contact with another person. "You really must have lost a lot of blood," Desya commented, a small smirk crossing his features, "You're being nice to me."

Senka looked at him and grinned and said "Well if you want me to be a bitch, I can do that to" she said. She let go of his hand after awhile and began to eat some more.

"N-no," he replied, a soft chuckle escaping his lips, "I like you when you act like this. It's nice." Desya let her hand slide away and he promptly slid his hands into his pockets, as if he were too shy to make contact with her again.

Senka looked at him as he spoke. She looked down for a moment and seemed to smile a little before she continued to eat. She looked at him for a moment as she did and soon finished of her food and pushed the empty tray a little away from her.

Without a word, he picked up her tray, now clean of food, and took his own before walking out and going back to the cafeteria to return them. He'd probably get his appetite back by dinner. After returning to the sick ward, he sat down at his usual chair, gaze shifting to Senka. "Feeling any better?"

"I would say so, now that I don't have a bullet in my arm, and am slowly getting back the blood I lost" she said looking at him. She sighed a little and layed back on the pillow and looked at the roof for a moment before she looked at him and sighed. It was then when Aleks burst into the room. She looked like she'd been worried...a lot.

She ran over to her and hugged her "Oh senka, I heard you'd been shot, I was so worried" she said hugging her tightly.

"Aleks...let go" she muttered as she squeezed the air out of her.

She pulled away and said "I'm so glad you okay"

She then slowly turned to desya, and evil glint in her eyes "You" she said.

Well, that much was obvious- but still, he was glad. She was awake, at least- lord knows how worried he was during the hours she was unconscious. The color was beginning to return to her face, too. Poor Senka was white as a ghost for a good sixteen hours before looking remotely human again. Desya began to feel a little less guilty about the situation. After all, she was alive and relatively well. She'd be able to walk in a few days, even. However, his lack of conscience only lasted so long. As soon as Aleks entered the room, he shrunk back in shame.

As soon as she turned to him, he held his hands up, hoping for a truce. "I said I'm sorry! She's alive, isn't she?"

Aleks looked at him and frowned and said "I told you to keep her safe!" she said frowning and crossing her arms and stepping forward. "Well?" she asked for an explanation. She glared at him. Senka frowned at aleks. She out ranked her and in a stern tone she said " Aleks, that's enough, he is not being interogated by you" she said. Aleks knew that tone. She knew when senka was giving orders. " Fine" she said stepping away.

He was thankful that Senka had called her friend off- he, of course, still felt a bit guilty about the whole situation but was starting to recognize that there's no guarentees and no matter what promise he made, it wouldn't magically stop a bullet or heal a battle wound. Desya was silent for a while before looking back up to Aleks. "I'm sorry," he repeated, "But there's only so much anyone can do. You wouldn't have been able to do anything to stop the shot, either."

Senka looked at him and said "Desya it's fine. The main thing is we got the bastard, but they didn't get us, we are alive" she said to him. She looked at Aleks and said "Don't worry about her, she's just afraid she is going to loose her brick wall for when she talked about Adrien" she said with a snicker. Aleks looked at her blushed and said "Aleks!"

Desya managed a small grin, glad that the burden of blame was lifted off of him for good. He watched the two as they bantered, his eyes showing hints of amusement. It was a nice reprieve after nearly a week's worth of seriousness thanks to their mission. With curiosity getting the better of him, he asked, "Who's Adrien?"

Senka looked at him and grinned and said "Her boy friend" she said smirking. Aleks turned redder "Senka, you promised you wouldn't tell anyone!"

"Desya isn't just anyone, he is my partner" she said.

His smirk grew wider, looking like a child who had just been told the secret of the year. Men never really did mature, did they? And of course, he was going to take full advantage of this new, little bit of knowledge. After all, she had pressed him about other things so much already. "Aww, does someone have a little crush?" He teased, "So there's actually a bit of heart behind that rifle of yours."

Aleks looked at him and glared. If looks could kill he'd be dead right now. She walked up to his face and said "You tell anyone you find your self up a certain creek with out a paddle!" she said angrilly. Senka couldn't help but chuckle at that.

There weren't too many things Desya was afraid of, but he knew when to be wary when a women was scorned. Although he usually would have been a bit intimidated by Aleks's action, it seemed to only fuel the fire for him this turn. "Aw, but if you do that to me, who else would be the best man for your wedding?"

"Not you!" she said angrily her hands balling into fists, ready to punch the guy is he pushed her to far. Senka could only grin and Aleks's reactions.

It was always a good feeling to find someone's biggest button and then purposely push it. This opportunity was too good to pass up. "How about just ring bearer then? You'll have to wait for Senka to heal up before she could be your Maid of Honor, though."

She glared at him and said "Goddamm you!" she said angrilly. He was about to tip her over the edge. She glared at him in frustration. "You won't be anywhere near my wedding!" she said angrilly.

Things just kept getting better and better. Desya gave a bright grin to her as he wrapped a friendly arm around her shoulders. "Alright, alright," he sighed, using his free hand to show a sign of truce. "But at least invite me to go to Adrien Jr's first birthday."

Back
Top Bottom