Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Light in the Shadowlands w/Umbra

Mari looked at him and patted his head " Don't worry your highness Lord Zulore is your next appointment. The king scheduled you and him to have tea and coffee at three And your fox friend was in the hall so I brought him into see you." She held up Maro who looked happy to see him but unhappy she interrupted his fun. Zulore left Karzadal and fallowed Juri to the sitting room where he would get to see Kaldian and relax for a bit. He had a good time with Karzadal but he missed his friend and was a bit homesick too. He wanted to talk to kaldian about how he was doing and feeling. He hopped kaldian wouldn't do something foolish like try to escape or kill the king.

"Oh, its probably best not to let him wander around too much." Kal sighs as he wants to return him to Zulore. This is the perfect opportunity to do so, living the little thing alone for too long would result in crazy mischief. He would follow Mari to the room where he would be after finishing his business here. "Lore, look what I found." He said as he returns the fox, he is so happy to see him right now. "How are you, are they treating you well?"

Zulore wondered where Maro had gotten off to but at least Kal found him. " Kal Thanks for finding Maro where was he? He left before I got up this morning and I haven't seen him till now. I am all good nothing major has happened to me oh wait no I made a flying horse thing pissed off at me and Karzadal saved me. Oh and today I almost got frozen by a Ice breathing dragon thing but Karzadal stopped it. He picked me up and took me back to get my wrist looked at when I tried to pet the fluffy dog thing's he showed me I tripped and twisted it. other then that I am okay." he let Maro down to eat the food prepared for him. "How about you? Did the king hurt you of anything? You look well. Actually better then well, you look kept." He teased Gesturing him in for a hug.

Kal hugs Lore, happy to see him as he has been lonely sort of. "I had to go to history lessons and dancing to make myself proper for the king. Its exhausting, I am not fit to be royalty..." He sighs as he blinks. "No...I haven't seen him, but i'm glad that you are doing well. I do keep myself neat,its just that I am an adventurer, you understand that."

Lore laughed a little "I also know you like to avoid studying even when you had your knight exams you avoided it till I had to sit you down and help you. I am glad to see you haven't changed mush but you know for some reason I don't think the king is all that bad. I mean if he wanted to kill us he would have also I wanted to point out if he wanted to force himself on you he could have but he hasn't has he? There might be something going on that we don't know about yet. I think we should find out more information first before we leave or try to at least. I think it will help the kingdom if we figure out what is going on you know what I mean?" He watches as Maro starts to play on the shelf near by.

"Very funny, I do happen to be knowledgeable when it comes down to it." Kal huffs as she shrugs. "I guess you are right, but he is kinda mysterious, of all the people in the world, he couldn've picked anyone else...why did he pick me?" He frowns, he doesn't to work with the enemy, but gathering info might help them somewhat. "You are right, we should do that."

Zulore ruffles his hair, " Yes he could have picked anyone else but he didn't, He picked you. If anyone can get info on what is going on it would have to be you Kal. Your in the better position at the moment. I will see what I can find but you need to try to get along better with the king. Just do your best remember we are here for a reason although it is not the same mission we were sent to do we can still help our people if we stick it out and try." He smiles a wide grin on his face. " I know we can figure this out."

"He must be up to something! Don't you find it odd that King Marimar just offered us to the Shadowlands? I just..." Kal grimaced as his head is just filled with questions. "What if he doesn't want to talk to me? He has been avoiding me all day, and I don't know what is going on." He seem frustrated, everything is happening so fast.

Zulore looked at his friend. He could see the frustration in his movements. " I have noticed that thing's are not what the seam to be here. However I wouldn't put it passed our king to sell us to another person or kingdom. He hated us to start with me because I am a mage and his nephew and you because well I don't have to tell you we know why. Honestly maybe the demon king is just giving you space. Sometimes you can be a bit stand offish if you don't like someone it is written all over your face." He chuckled but continued on. " and you know I have never known you to be worried about if someone didn't want to talk to you or not. Usually you would just go and speak your mind. Whats stopping you from doing just that?" Zulore grinned at him. He knew there must be a thousand questions going on inside Kaldian's head but the only one who could answer those is his highness the king.

"You know what, I should find him and just get him to see what his deal is." Kasl said as he wants to see him. "Well, considering what we are putting ourself through, how should I react?" He sighs, he should just have a calm conversation with the king, but he has to find him first. "At least you are taking this well, you are very relaxed about this."

" Not really I am just as confused as you are, But general Karzadal isn't so bad... He isn't afraid of me for a start and he hasn't made me do anything uncomfortable. Have you noticed that even the staff here are genuinely kind to us? I don't know if they don't care that i have magic or if it just doesn't bother them. If we were at home the only one that talked to me was you and a few others. This is the first time I have had so many people around and talking to me. It is tiring is it not, Doesn't it make you tired talking all day long? I honestly don't know how you do it." He sighed and shook his head.

"I'll do that, i'll find him and i'll talk to him even if i have to sit him down and strap him to the chair." He said as he is confident. "I don't mind people, I live among the Elina, so magi doesn't scare me. I don't have any magic myself, but I still became a warrior." He sighs as he leans back on his chair. "This general guy is nice to you at least, or I would've kicked his ass."

Zulore burst out laughing " That sounds like something you would do! I can see it now the king of demons tied to his chair you looking down at him..." It was to much Lore fell to the floor laughing hysterically at the thought as The maids came in. Mari looked shocked as she saw Zulore on the floor as Juri stepped up beside her expression unfazed by seeing her lord on the floor.

Kal sighs as he doesn't join the laughter, he wasn't going to do that, why is everyone so crazy? He turns as the maids come in, he doesn't want another friggin history lesson, but she has to know where he is. "Where is the King, Mari? I want to see him." He said, as calmly as he possible could. He stood up from his seat, he thinks that his time is up spending time at the garden.

Mari looks over with a large grin on her face, " My lord I will be happy to take you to him!" she said with glee clasping her hands to her bosom. " But first we have to do one thing on are way there." She led Kaladian out the doors as soon as he was ready. Zulore hugged his friend and told him to do his best. He would send Maro with a massage later and not to worry he would look for a way back home too.

"What? Where are we going? Hey?" Kal is pushed out of the door, and has disappeared into the hallway while Juri is standing there. "Mari, what do we have to do? Don't tell me we are going to do something weird."

"Are you finished with everything here, my lord? If so, where would you like to go, or what would you like to do?" She asked him, as she is still stoic.

Mari literally man handled Kal into his room. Where she promptly stripped him with magic and threw him in the bath. Once he was clean by himself she dressed him in a light shirt and gray pants still keeping with the theme of all his clothes so far but this was more casual and the fabric was soft to the touch. " Alright you will do Let go meet with his Highness." Mari grabbed his hand and walked down the hall to a pair of black doors skipping as she went. She knocked and the doors opened. Two officials had opened the doors and Adis sat at a desk tons of paperwork was laid about. He wore casual clothes and seamed to be wrapped up in his work. He spoke in a different tongue to one of the men standing to his right and handed him a set of scrolls as another set was brought to him and placed on the desk.

Zulore looked to Juri and smiled. If Kal was going to try then he should to. He would start by trying to get to know Karzadal if he was truly a general then he would know a lot about what happened. " I am done yes thank you for asking. I guess I was wondering what Karzadal is doing or would it be a bother if I went to see him right now? I don't want to interrupt his work or anything so.."

Kal is grabbed and is shoved into his room and then is thrown into the body of water. He is clean and is given some clothing for him, and he suppose that Mari want him to look presentable to the king. He does enter into a room, so this is where he is, and it has been a day. Kal stood for a moment before he tries to approach the desk stacked with paper.

"Of course, I can lead you to him." Juri said as she does lead him through the garden, and they are at the animal corral again. There are different animals this time, and there is a red wyvern walking about and Karzadal is there as well.

Adis had been working all day and had so much more to do. He was so focused on his work that he didn't notice Kaldian come in and one of the officials leave. It wasn't till one of his advisors leaned down and said " Your highness, your Queen is here to see you I think." This surprised him and it showed on his face when he snapped his head up from his work desk. He looked up to see Kaldian not believing what he saw at first he blinked a few times . " Kaldian?"

Zulore didn't want to interrupt what Karzadal was doing so he leaned against the paddock fence gate and watched from a safe distance. He had learn his listen from last time not to under estimate the animals around here. They were different from what he was used to. To win one over you had to be stronger in some way and Zulore was not in most ways that counted so it was best to stay back for now.

"Dammit, i am not a female. SO you can cut it out." He moves closer to the desk, has he even thought about taking a break from this madness? "Yes,it is me. I haven't seen you for a long time, and here you are cramped in this room." He looks at the paper, must be important stuff but he sighs. "How long since you've been sitting here? You must be tired, hows about a rest?"

Karzadal turns as he noticed Zulore. "Welcome back, how are you?" He approached his fiance. "Hm, I have some news that I must share with you. My family will be coming to the castle tomorrow." He said calmly. "This is a short notice, but they have somehow found out about me having you as my betrothed, and it worries me."

Still in shock Adis stared at him. " Uh since yesterday " He sat down the feather pen in his hand into the inkwell bottle. He wasn't expecting Kal to come find him. He thought that Kaldian hated him, maybe he was wrong? Hopefully he was wrong he thought. Staring wasn't helping him but he couldn't believe that Kal came to see him of his own accord. Maybe he was upset about having to take lessons or that he was told what to do and hasn't been able to talk to his friend much. His advisor leaned in once more " Your highness I think a break is a good idea. You should accompany the Queen on a walk maybe in the Garden or to the library." Adis stood up jerking the desk forward a bit. What was he thinking, Kal was here to see him and he was staring off into space thinking about other things that didn't mater right now. " A break would be good. What do you have in mind?"

Zulore watched as Karzadal started to walk over to him. He sighed Karzadal was really attractive he thought. He had never been this close to anyone besides kaldian for this long so It was nice. " I am good. I just talked to Kaldian in the tearoom ." He liked the way Karzadal was so calm and treated him like he was like any other. It was nice maybe they could be friends he thought. Karzadal was talking and he was just looking at him. Him must have been staring for sometime now. Zulore's cheeks turned pink and he snapped his head to the side. Wait did Karzadal say his family was coming? Looking once more at Karzadal Zulore said, " Your family is c-coming? Wait Why are you worried ?" Zulore was surprised what did he mean his family was coming and why did he look so worried? He didn't like it when Karzadal made that face he thought. Maybe he should do something to make him feel better like when kaldian is upset. Without another thought Zulore reached around Karzadal and hugged him.

Kaldain didn't think that it would work, he has responded positively to his suggestion so easily. "Uh...okay, I was thinking that I would take this time to speak with you...by walking and possibly explore other parts of the castle?" He hasn't explored every part of it,maybe he could get some alone time with him,he has plenty to say to him.

"My family members do not take outsiders well. They are traditionalists, at least my parents are concerned. Demon blood run through their veins, or at least a strong lineage. My siblings are a handful, and I will have to be with you at all time while they are present." He warned, then he gives a warm embrace. "I am sorry, you would have to endure..."

Adis walked around the desk and opened a side door motioning for Kaldian to fallow him. " We will go this way then." He looked from Kal to the advisors in the room " I will be back Later cancel all my appointments till tomorrow." With that he walked out behind Kal if he chose to go through into the hall.

Wait? what? Zulore thought, His family was coming? And they didn't like outsiders plus he was a mage and part fae. They will probably hate him on first sight. " Um Does that mean They will hate me? I just want to be prepared. Is there some thing I need to do or can do to make it go better?" He was never good with others but he had to at least try right? and this time Kaldian wouldn't be there to bail him out of a bad spot. He would have to do this on his own. This made him even more Nervous, His body trembled in Karzadal's embrace slightly.

"I think that...we should play some games. What do you say?" He said, as Kal is curious about how demons play games, or what kind they like. "If you do not have any, maybe we should go to a library? Believe it or not, I like to read a book or two."

Karzaldal sigh. "They are hard to please, it is best that you remain by my side. It would be difficult, but the value the strong." He rubs Zulore's back. "There is hope, my mother would receive you." He said, letting him ago."I am certain that it will be fine, I won't let you be fed to the wolves."

Adis Liked the idea of playing a game with Kal but he wasn't sure if he was up to it at the present. " Why don't I show you the Library then I would play a game but first I think you should see the books. You might find something you like. If you do I can have someone I trust walk you to get new ones when I can't." Adis walked down the halls to a large dark Oak door that was carved into so sort of dragon. " Ah here we are ." He said as he opened the doors.

Were his parents that bad? Would they really try to harm him? did that mean Kaldian would be in danger to if they stayed at the palace? So meany questions raced through his head. He had to put a halt to those thoughts for now. " Are you sure their is nothing I could do to help you?" He looked up hopefully at Karzadal. Like Kaldian he didn't like sitting and doing nothing to help.

Back
Top Bottom