Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Light in the Shadowlands w/Umbra

UnicornHorn

Mystical Artifact
The Shadowlands is a place of black soil, and active volcano that always spews smoke. Believe it or not, people live in these lands or rather demons live in this place. It seems like a rock wasteland, but there is a road where it is safe to travel that leads to a large castle. That is where two people are traveling on by horse, heading to the castle. On of them is a human male, his face has a look of unease, this place is making him uncertain that this is worth it. The sky is dark as the from the clouds, even the few trees are dark as coal. It took a good hour before they reached the castle and its gate. Two guards are standing by, growling as they eye the visitors. "What business do you have here?"

"Important business in the name of King Maramor." The human said, and he shows them the official seal and let them inside. Meanwhile, a servant rush into the thrown room where the king is sitting.

"My liege, the envoy of the human kingdom are here." The servant informed him.

Although the lands outside seamed bleak and dark with the red moon hanging over head in the sky these lands were his. He was the sixth King to rule them and he took pride in his ability to do so. He would never let the humans take and kill his people and now they come begging him to save them? Sending only two people? Did king Maramor think him merciful? This human king must be desperate to ask for his help, the help of The Great Demon King of Xiraria. He must be if he sent two humans for talks of peace ether that or it is a trap. Well they are here now he mused.

"Let us see what they have to say General go greet our guests." The king sat in a ornately decorated room with gold and black floors, blue and purple tapestry hung from the walls and ceiling. His throne was made of carved and shaped crystals the color of the red moon that hung in the sky. By his side sat a large sword It's blade stained with blood. All his generals but his First general stood waiting in the room for the guest the King of the humans sent.

The general nods, disappearing in a gathering of bats as leaving the throne room. He reforms in front of the visitors, showing him as this tall stoic demon. "Greetings Travelers, come with me." He said simply, turning around as he will lead them. If they think about attack him, he will not hesitates to destroy them by spilling their blood. "Dismount from your steads, they will be placed in the stables."

The young human nods, hoping off his horse as he would have to go on foot to meet with the king. "Very well, thank you." As he sighs to prepare himself for what is about to come. "This is it, I hope that everything go well." He said to his partner.

Zulore Looked at his companion giving him a hopeful face hoping to cheer him up. " Don't worry we can do this. All we have to do is talk to him nothing more. We can leave as soon as we get the answer. All we are here for is that, so smile and try to be positive OK?" Alighting to the ground he hands the guard his horses rains and walks up behind his partner snow trailing behind him as he moves. Sumaro nuzzled his leg weaving in and out of the two young men walking up to see the king. Zulore looked at his spirit fondly as he pranced around leaving snow wherever he stepped.

"Sumaro don't bother the General while he is walking!" he said panicking seeing his foxling disappear and reappear in front and around the demon guiding them. They had only been here for 10 minutes and already Maro was causing mischief. He quickly went over and picked his familiar up bowing to the general in apologies.

"I hope you are right, just prepare yourself just in case." He whispers, he is sure that there must be a trick, but remains calm. "Although...i hope he doesn't mind snow..." He mutters as he sees the snow fox running around. This could be the fastest way to get into trouble.

The demon keeps walking, not at all bothered by the sudden appearance of a spirit. He looks curious at first of this white and cold substance at first, but turns to Zulore, staring at him before opening the door to the throne room. "Enter here, and bow to the King of Xiraria." He said, returning to the king's side.

The human gulps, he has to do this. He slowly approached, hoping that everything goes well. "Your majesty, I am Kaldain of Lazar Elin. I come on behalf of King Maramor to speak of peace between our nations."

'Welcome to my lands Humans, I hope your journey was not to hard on you? " The king stayed sitting watching the two humans with interest. one of his close guards came and whispered in his ears he made a grim face. Looking over at the human who spoke first he nodded to his man and stood up.

" Well news travels fast I am sorry to bring you ill tiding's but it seams your king and lands belong to me now. in exchange for his life the king sent the two of you along with other soon to fallow to be our brides." The king smiled. Waving his hand guards and maids came into the room. " I hope you find your stay here comfortable for now I will let you go rest the maids and guards will help you in whatever you need and I will see you soon." he turned and sat back down into his crystal chair Still eyeing the young one that spoke first. there was something about him that seamed interesting. It would be amusing to get to know him. He would invite him to his rooms later tonight. She just how fragile humans really are. this thought amused him greatly. Since there were to he would let his first general have the other after all that general was the one who bestowed this victory to him. yes he mused this would work quite nicely.

"It was fine, your majesty. How should we proceed?" Kaldain asked the king, staying silent until he had heard the demon king said they have surrendered? "Huh...I beg your pardon?" Did he hear that right? "T-there must be some kind of mistake, we just got here! We are here as envoys for our king to talk peace, not to surrender!" He is shocked, this must be some kind of lie to trap them here. "Wait, my lord, this cannot be!"

The king stood up once more and took the boys hand walking him over to the window. Looking outside into the distance you could see red spirals of crystals spring from the ground towering high into the sky.The land was covered in red light. You could see the banners of the old king burning and the people all rejoicing in his streets below. The demon handed the boy a letter with king Maramor wax seal pressed into it. "This is from your King to me stating all I have said to you is real." He pulled the boy into him lacing his arm around his waist." Very rel indeed." he smiled down at his pray wickedly, his Gold eyes piercingly holding his pray captive as he looks at him.

" Take the other with you General he is your's to do with as you please. everyone else may leave for now." He spoke with authority as if none could question him. Everyone left the room. The maids ushering Zulore to fallow behind the one who greeted them at the gate.

Kaldian is lead to the window and he is horrified in what he is seeing. "Wait....no! This is some kind of trick! I-I-" the he is handed the letter as he saw the official seal, so the king has betrayed them to the enemy? This isn;t want they are here for. "No...w-what about Lazar Elin? This is just..." He dropped the letter and is in the king's arms now. He cannot believe it, even now when he is looking at his eyes.

The demon nods, and he looks towards Zulore. "...Forgive me, but allow me to introduce myself. I am Karzadal, follow me." He held his hand, and decided to lead him away towards his room. The demon general is gentle despite looking strong enough to crush him with ease.

The king laughed a smooth deep sound. " Do not worry Kaldian, Lazar Elin will be taken care of provided you behave yourself." he teased. Truly this humans expression's were very amusing and rather cute. He held his chin in his hand and looked into Kal's green eye's. " So What will you chose little rabbit?"

Zulore did as he was told giving his friend a quick reassuring glance. It was no use trying to escape right now better to wait. He just hoped that Kaldian would be okay that long. He looked at the general " Yes sir nice to meet you...." He fallowed behind holding the foxling who looked up at him with a confused face. " Don't worry Maro I am all right" he petted her on the head and let her down to fallow behind him.

"Y-You!" Kaldain wants to use his sword, but he has to think rationally, demons are powerful so they would destroy a kingdom in an instant, but they have magical weapons that could take one down. What was the king thinking? He turns to Zulore, being taken away, he can handle himself just fine, but what should he do now? "...F-fine..." He mutters, he will play along for now.

Karzadal doesn't say a word until he opens a door to a lavish looking bedroom. "This will be your room, use it how you see fit." he said, as he has plans. He will have him stay here...for now. "I will be close by, the maids will see to your needs. Are there any questions?"

" Well then my bride.... Mari will show you to your room I will see you in a few behave and don't go out of your room. I may be kind but other wont be keep that in mind." As soon as he said the head maids name she appeared behind Kaldain. She bowed to the king, " My lord I shall get him ready.. Please fallow me honored guest." Before he let Kal out of his arms he kissed him sweetly on his soft lips.

Zulore looked at the room as snow fox climbed in and out exploring everything with curiosity. " Yes when will I get to see Kal? .... May I leave the room or am I just to stay here? Also why are these Maids measuring me?" The room was very grand dressed in blues and silvers there was a large four posted bed and a room that lead off to a bath. There were tables, chairs and book shelves, all thing's a proper room should have, even clothes and a dresser.

Kaldain has no choice but to follow his instructions. He almost jumps when he saw the maid behind him. Before he could leave with her, the king suddenly gave him a kiss. It wasn't forceful or gross as he thought he would imagine. He was surprised, and when he finally was let go, his face became red and quickly follows Mari out of there.

"You'll see him soon, for now you must stay here. You haven't been marked yet, so you will be vulnerable if you leave." Karzadal warned him. "You will be my bride. Once that happens, no demon would dare touch you less they choose death." He held his hand again, feeling his soft flesh then kissed it.

The king watched Kal scamper away red and fallow Mari as quickly as possible lest he be attacked again. He chuckled putting his fingers to his mouth in thought about the hero. Mari walked out the door and down the hall, stopping to smile sweetly at Kaldian. " If you need anything sweetie just call my name I will come as soon as you ask. My name is Mari I am the head maid and grounds keeper for his highness. It is very nice to meet you your highness. Do you have a name to which I can call you or do you prefer my Queen?" She smiled warmly at him and held his hands in hers. She was a very pretty women/Demoness. She had black hair and curled horns that were blue ish. her pale violet eyes looked like clear ponds making you feel like you could sink into them. She wore a long blue dress and a white apron. she had long pointed ears like a elf and her skin was a soft pale blue. She gave off a friend aura about her.

" Wait marked what do you mean marked not with hot iron and fire surely? ... i can fallow what you say and stay put here but i think we should talk about this whole bride thing I mean I-I don't think I would make a good b-bride really I-I wasn't prepared for any of this! We don't even know each other that well!" Zulore backed up into the bed post clearly flustered by Karzadal's words and actions. He had never been kissed or touched for that matter. Karzadal had to have thought he just kissed ice! i mean lore felt like snow most of the time cold to the touch for he was a snow fae which is why he knew ice magic and enrolled into the wizards academy. Why would he kiss him he didn't understand at all. He stood there mouth open and surprised backed up against the left bed post.

Kaldain is silent, trying to process the situation he is in. He doesn't want to get married, especially to this prompous king. "Huh?" He was half paying attention, almost bumping into her. "O-Oh...right. Just call me Kaldain." He doesn't want to be called a queen! "Mari, ...could you tell me about...him?"He might as well gather info, he could use it to kill the demon king.

The demon didn't mind the icy skin, he calmly turns to him. "No, that is reserved for traitors and the most heinous of criminals." he walks towards him, sitting on the bed. "I understand, you need time to adjust. I can help you whenever you need it...maybe only then would our union would bloom into something Wonderful."

Mari looked at Kaldian with a smile " all right Kaldian, but if you want to know about the lord you should ask him yourself. I can tell you a bit about this castle you live in now though if you want? The room is this way." She pointed in front of herself while walking and chating happily to him.

Zulore was confused but glade somehow that the man would take the time to get to know him better, but what did he mean by marking then? " What do you mean by marking then is it some kind of magic? " He had so many questions going on through his mind. Just then the fox jumped up on the bed between them with a small creature in his mouth looking proud and showing off his catch to them. This made Lore jump slightly and laugh as the tiny demonic mouse tried to get free. The fox wasn't hurting the mouse just holding onto it.

Darn, He doesn't want to ask him anything. Kaldain frowns."Ok then, tell me about the castle." He said, he is trying not to get frustrated of the situation he is forced into. The room is nice,but he wants to be focused on trying to escape the castle, then the lands to get back to the kingdom.

"It is a secret. I'm sorry, but only when the time is right is when you will know." The demon said, and he watches the little fox capturing a purple mouse with protruding crystals sticking from its body. "It cannot eat that, their flesh is poisonous if devoured."He warned him to be cautious. Karzadal picks up the mouse. "However, treat them with care and they will become an ally."

Mari told him about the castle and how the previous demon lord was a tyrant using magic and killing the common folks, believing demons to be the superior race.She told him about how the new demon lord that they have now killed the old freeing the people and giving them equal rights just the same as nobles. Here what you earn maters more then where you come from. She walked him into the lords rooms although she didn't tell him it was the lords that wasn't her place to say. There were several rooms attached to the main room including a study, large bath and a bedroom.
" Now then here is where you can find your clothes for dinner. You can take a bath in that room down the hall and dinner will be in 1 hour. Please don't leave your rooms for any reason although your safe here in these rooms out there you wont be understand. You will have to wait for the marking ceremony before you can safely leave the rooms by yourself. I will take my leave and let you get ready. His lordship will come fetch you for dinner please have a good rest and again if you need anything just call my name Mari" with that she left shutting the door behind her.

The foxling looked up set but lays down despite the taking of his toy. Zulore moves to sit on the bed next to the fox genitally petting it's head. "I understand, so I will only ask one thing more on it will it hurt anyone?" he smiled down at Maro. " His name is Sumaro by the way. he can be a bit of a trouble maker and I am Zulore Frostfoot I am the head mage in the north forests."

"Hmph, not bad..." The room is large, and she only told him about the former ruler. "Ok...thank you, Mari." He sighs, wait a moment. "Huh? Marking Ceremony?" He has no idea what that is and he needs answers for that. He isn't a dog for the king to plan with.

"No, they are safe, just do not eat them." He said, as he let the mouse go. "It is nice to meet you." He gives a faint smile, before it disappears once a maid whispers in his ears. "I must leave you now. Juri will take care of you for the time being." He stood up, and kissed his forehead. "I will see you soon." He said as he walks out of the room, leaving Juri the maid with him.

Time passed by and The king waited in his study with his advisers taking care of paperwork and getting there plan ready to set in motion. By the time he was done it was time to get ready for dinner. Ellis pressed his finger to his lips he wondered how his queen was doing in there rooms? deciding he would find out he started towards his room.

Zulore looked dumbfounded as he left. DID he just kiss him? what? and for a demon he was kind? The hell? He laid back on the bed, Maro next to him. His face must be shades of pinks and reds he thought. What was he going to do? They share a room what would he do tonight? just then the maids head poked and looked down at him a smile on her face. " Hello miss um Juri was it?"

Kaldain doesn't want to meet up with him, but he has no choice as he moves around the room a bit before he decided to take a bath before anything else. He strips his clothing and dips into the warm waters that seems to be set up for him already.

Juri turns to Zulore, bowing. "Indeed, my lord. I will be your handmaiden from now on. I am here to serve you." She said,all the while she has a gloomy looking face. "My lord, you should prepare for dinner. I can help you with anything."

Ellis Walked down the hall and into His rooms. He could hear water splashing in the bathroom not to far away. He took off his robes and laid them on one of the chairs leaving him in just his shirt and pants. He walked into the bathroom and smiled as he saw Kaldain relaxing in the water. " So I take it you like the baths?" he said with a bemused face. he was leaning in the doorway his golden eyes eyeing his pray.

" Will you teach me what must be done? I am sure I can bath myself but as to the other thing I do not know where anything is so if you don't mind I would appreciate the help miss Juri." He looked a bit sad and confused as to what to do. all the while Maro had seamed to make the purple crystal mice his new friends. They played chase and rolled on the floors. At least someone new what to do he thought.

Kaldain likes it, only a little bit. The bathwater is soothing, and so are the scents that are filling the air. He didn't notice that anyone has entered until now, how indecent! "W-what are you doing here?" He didnt expect him to just come in while he is bathing, he tends to bath alone.

"Of course, I will answer any question that you ask. Also provide what you need to do." She turns to the clothing cabinet and open it. " Master Karzadal will be expecting you for this evening's feast. What color suits you best?" She asked, there are many colored gowns, but it seems that they are for women.

Ellis Smiled " This is my room why can't I be here?" he walked up to Kal. Taking in the new view of his bride to be, Ellis's golden eyes twinkled, the waters reflection in them. He thought of only catching his sweet bride in his arms. If only he could feel his soft skin because from what he was seeing it did promise to be very soft. this thought made him smile wickedly at Kal as if he was a cat traping a rabbit.

Seeing the wardrobe full of gowns Zulore gowns. " Miss Juri I cannot wear dresses. I am sorry is there any men's clothes I can wear? as to what color suits me I suppose silver and blue." he walked over to the wardrobe with a confused look on his face. Was this a custom of demon folk? he hoped not but if it was he didn't want to be rude to them.

"Y-Your room?" Oh no, Mari didn't tell him that, he doesn't want to be around him at all. "I-I am indecent! You cannot just watch someone bathe! Get out!" He hid in body in the water, his head hovering over the surface. The bubbles are covering most of him, but this is embarrassing for him.

"Ah, my apologies." She closed the door, then opens it to the clothing now resembling for men. "You have such soft features, it reminds me of the frozen sun of the underworld." She said as she picks several outfits for him to choose. "Here we are, blue and silver."

Back
Top Bottom