Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Up, Up, and Away! (Hat + SHARPii)

The theater was almost emptey. There was maybe two or three people. He smiled and sat right in the middle, patting the seat beside him with a big smile. "Right here, one of the better seats." he said.

"Should I be afraid?" She asked raising a brow with a small smile, walking over and sitting down. Not many people were there which was interesting. She was totally going to take advantage of her two months before classes start. Get herself well acquainted and hopefully out of her shell since she was slightly unsociable but that would be the fault of mean kids and people.

"A tall, handsome man like myself in a dark room with a beautiful girl like you, almost entirely alone? " he smiled and tipped his hat. "Depends on what you fear, Klaigh." he said with a charming smile.

She didn't know a blush came on her face. "Ooh..I'm terrified." She said sarcastically, nudging him. "Just...keep it in your pouch and hands to yourself, capiche?" She nodded to him and then crossed a leg over the other and sat back, sighing softly. "So is this movie something I may have seen or totally new?"

He smiled. "Not sure I can keep that promise, but I'll try my damndest." he said, then shrugged. "Can't be sure. I came out before you got here, so maybe." he stretched, doing as she asked for now, and keeping his hands to himself with a smile as the lights dimmed.

"don't make me sick my vines and ivies on you. They come out of my hands." She winked and sat back, seeing as the lights dimmed and at least the previews started. She wanted to watch this movie. A romantic comedy. Definitely something to take the edge off of what they were talking about in his room.

He smiled and watched the movie. Of course he'd never forget about how his mother passed. He chased women to get the memory to go away. But no matter how many girls he wooed or condoms he had to use, it always came back in the night to haunt him. Thew scream, the blood, so much blood...
He shook his head and yawned. Normally, the typical thing was to lay it across the girl's shoulders, but he wasn't about to do that. Too obvious. Instead he landed on her hand, gentle and non-threatening. Oh, and just when the couple started to kiss, too!

Kleigh would never be able to forget--not even during a movie--the time she had killed someone with her vines. Her cries and screams overlapped the dying person's that she didn't even realize it until it was over and that was when she began to fear the power she had. Even though her mother told her it was a gift, she would always look back on that day and remember and that made her feel it was nothing like a gift at all.

A light sigh came from her, followed by a squeak when she felt his hand on hers. She blushed, this time aware and looked down, then did her best to focus on the movie. Perhaps she blushed more since she too saw that he put his hand on hers right when the couple kissed. It made butterflies rage about her insides and she covered her mouth, muffling an "Aww..."

He smiled, doing nothing more for the rest of the movie. One step at a time, he reminded himself. This girl might take a while, but he had a feeling it was worth it. Worth it a great deal. As the credits began to roll, and the lights turned on again, he smiled at her, tipping his hat.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to keep your request."

For some reason, at the end of the movie, she was reduced to tears, though out of happiness. She always was a hopeless romantic, wishing for her happy ending one day and when she saw others with their's, she couldn't help but tear up a little bit. She was a dork. That was already established a long time ago.

Looking at him, she sniffled and wiped her eyes, shaking her head. "No it's okay. It was fine. I mean it wasn't bad since you didn't grope me or anything."

"Trust me, it was an effort..." he murmured, then walked close to her.
"Ah, I almost forgot. The currency here is capes. about a one-to-one exchange with American dollars." he said. "Your allowance is determined by your grades, bad grades means bad money. You get D's, and you'll be living on bread n water soon enough." he took out a bill. "Here's fifty. An early allowance. Get some groceries for your home or whatever you like." he said, placing it in her hands. "See you next week?"

Walking with him out, she put her hand in her pockets and sighed gently. As he started to talk about the money, she raised a brow and gulped, taking the fifty and tucking it in her pocket. "Thanks. So is the food or merchandise expensive?" She asked, being her 'mighty inquisitive' self as he said, by asking. "And...can American dollars be easily changed into 'capes'?" She asked too.

"No, and yes. There's an exchange booth in the center of the Mall. Food, unless it's special made by supers, is about as much as normal. Same thing with entertainment. Oh, before you go. I have a question for you." he took out a small envelope, and handed it to her. "Open this when you get home. When you've decided, call me. My number's inside." with that, he was done. "Well, I'll see you later." he said, heading for the stairs.

Klaigh nodded and she took the envelope, biting her lower lip. She watched as he left and then walked away, heading off to the second floor and then to room 101 once again, east wing and into her room. She was so glad it was a single. A beautiful single at that. Once she got in, she shut the door and put the fifty in her music box she had and then sat on the bed, looking at the envelope. She bit her lower lip and finally decided to open it after some intense mental debating.

It was one sentence, cursive and well-written. Hattori's handwriting. The paper was soft, pure white, with tiny embellishments. One got the impression that Hattori was... not lacking in money.

May I court you, miss? was all it said. Five simple words in the center of the paper and the phone number, written no less elegantly, just below.

Hattori went home, humming to himself as he read a book beside the phone. He was patiently eager.

Her hazel eyes widened when she read the note. She flipped it back and forth, waiting for the joke to come out and when she saw that nothing was happening, she lay back on her bed, staring at the writing. "Holy...shit!" She whispered and turned on her stomach. She set the card on her bed and got up and changed for bed, putting on a pair of red plaid pajamas and a very very very very very light pink tank top, after getting her bra off. She tied her hair up in a ponytail, the entire time staring at the note. Once she was changed and ready for bed, she sat in front of it and gulped. "Don't stare at me..." She flicked it off her bed and looked away. After about an hour, she grabbed the phone and crawled to the edge of the bed and picked up the paper and dialed the number.

He smiled and picked up the phone.
"Hattori Pendragon speaking." he said with a gentle voice. He was wearing a simple pair of sweats by now, going topless in deference to the warm room he sat in. He set the book on the nightstand, grinning. Either yay or nay now. This was what it boiled down to.

Adrenaline pumped through his veins like an old drug he'd felt so many times.

It was like she totally forgot that she even dialed his number so when he answered, she gasped and fumbled to hang up. She put the phone down and glared at the note. "You're condemned!" She got off of her bed and sat on the counter in her bathroom, biting her nails. Her heart was pounding and she was completely freaking out. She wanted to say yes but she was also afraid of the repercussions. What if things went bad?

After another hour, she hopped off the counter and grabbed the phone, pressing 'redial' and sat in her bathroom, on the counter, biting her nails again Don't hang up. Don't hang up. Don't hang up... She repeated in her mind, waiting for him to answer.

"Hello again, nervous mystery caller." he said with a chuckle. "Don't worry, gravity's a harsh mistress. What can I do for you this fine full-mooned night?" he asked, leaning back in the chair. Delicious. He could feel it in every part of his body, and the world seemed to slow.

"Hah, you're funny." It was obvious she was nervous and if he listened carefully, he would be able to hear the faint sound of her biting at her thumbnail. "Oh you know, I'm just peachy. Totally not going nuts right now." She said sarcastically. Taking in a deep breath and then letting it out, she finally spoke. "One condition. If you screw me over, I will show you my wrath and the last time I did..." She cringed and then spoked. "It wasn't pretty. Deal?" That was her way of saying yes.

"Same to you. It's a deal." he said softly. "Our first date is... how about this Friday. Three days. I know a nice place." he said, now casual. "This relationship will move at your pace, not mine. I don't judge anybody for being hasty, either. So... do as you please." he said withe a smile, sitting back on the chair.

"Alright." She nodded and looked at her thumb where she had bit the entire nail off, well not the entire nail. more like she just shortened it completely. Sighing, she bit her lower lip. "Why me?" She asked. Perhaps she did ask too many questions.

"You're smart, you question the world, your personality is great, and you're absolutely stunning." he said with a smile. "So I'll pick you up at the stairs at around five thirty, Friday afternoon. Oh, before I get to bed... what's your favourite color?"

She looked down and smiled gently, nodding. "Thanks. And yeah, I'll see you then." She said softly. She looked at her nails which were painted an orange as well as her toe nails, and simply smiled. "Orange. But only the kind that an actual orange is."

Back
Top Bottom