Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Up, Up, and Away! (Hat + SHARPii)

Hat-tori

Supernova
"As you can see, Avalon is a place of saftey and solitude for those of us with.... exclusive abilities. Here, you will learn to harness your power, use it in combat or in a more practical manner. You will learn all there is to know about those great heroes who came before, and be taught by the heroes of today. The dormitories are on the second floor, Ladies to the east, Gentlemen to the west. Classes are on the third to fifth floor, and Avalon School City rests here, at the ground. Here you will find everything you will need to live a normal life on the allowance given to you by Avalon: Food, entertainment, electronic stores, anything you could shop for on the mainland is provided here." he smiled. "Any questions?"

The orientation guide was a sophomore, a well-off boy by the name of Hattori Pendragon. He was tall, thin, and had blue eyes and a smile that the ladies loved. He was well-known as the love-them-and-leave-them sort of fellow, but it was said that the real reason he has stayed behind a year was to help one of his girls with her second year by attending all of her classes. That... was the rumor, anyway. He liked to dress nicely, usually in a pinstripe dress suit and a tall top hat, sometimes with a tie.

His friend, Billy, was a large and friendly fellow, not the smartest, but oddly perceptive and kind. He was Hattori's best (and only) friend and wingman, who had been in a relationship with a small girl with glasses since his first month. Unwaveringly loyal to her, (to the sadness of many girls) and very kind, he was a model citizen of Avalon. He wore white undershirts and jeans, and was seven feet tall and half as wide. they called him Billy the Brick.

There were many incoming freshmen to the school, one of which was a young girl called Klaigh Stewart. She was nervous to be attending the school but at the same time very excited since she'd finally feel at home. Many years of being singled out or isolated for being what they called a 'freak.' It wasn't her fault. She didn't ask for it and only a few years ago did she finally see it as a gift rather than a curse. She embraced being different and when it finally made clear to her that she wasn't alone and there were others like her, she seized the day when she'd finally be apart of them; that day was the orientation.

Klaigh was a sweet girl, pure to heart, and an outright fun girl. Given that she had a rough childhood and such, she didn't care. She didn't want anyone to pity her since she grew so much from it. She became so strong and was finally where she wanted to be; among others she could relate to and fit in with. After having arrived, she felt like a ton of weight had been lifted from her shoulders. All that she had feared when she'd be there was taken away since everyone was so kind. She was comfortable and that was a first time in her life other than being at home. The black haired girl looked around the place as the orientation guide finished his last statements. She looked around again and smiled gently, getting a very homey feeling from this place. She couldn't wait to start classes.

"What kind of classes are here?" A soft small voice erupted from the large group of incoming freshmen. The small frame, stepped forward and pursed her lips, in order to be able to receive the answer and at her too. She wasn't sure if he had already spoke about that as she tended to drift off into space a lot. It was kind of in her nature which sometimes made her so adorable. She had flawless skin, big hazel eyes and lush pink lips. Her hair was tied in a low to the side ponytail and she right now wore yellow skinny jeans with an off-the-shoulder teal top, a white cardigan over it. She dressed like a normal girl would but she often wore loud and bright colors, which vented off of her personality. Not loud, but a bright and sweet girl. "I mean...are the classes here designated to certain fields of the student's abilities?"

It was Billy who replied, with a smile. "We have hundreds of classes to offer, but the most popular ones are generally practical uses of one's ability, in and out of combat situations./ We also offer standard college courses." he said with a smile. "For instance, I have a range of courses based around simple martial arts, since my power is mostly passive." His girlfriend, who was beside him smiled as he looked down at her.

Hattori spoke up. "If your power is more complicated, it's suggested you take courses around it. For instance, someone who can fly would probably want to also try some Aviation so they don't fly into planes. We have counselors who will happily recommend a course plan for you." he smiled. "Oh, once more thing: You aren't allowed to use your power to 'show off'. people who can fly are free to use it, but flame-tossers and telekinetics are advised to please keep the handle on. Also, anything above classes floors is strictly forbidden to students. That's where the teachers stay."

"Any more questions before I release you to your rooms?"

Klaigh nodded and she smiled gently at them both, looking down at the papers in her hands. One was a map of the entire place, the other was a booklet of the courses offered for her certain ability and the other was a sheet for her to fill out when she'd go see her counselor so she could take the classes best suited for her ability. It was kind of an odd one, one she tended to keep a secret. But she loved plant life and it mostly had to do with her ability.

Looking among the group she was in, no one seemed to have any questions. She was rather eager to get to her room, settle in and then go exploring. And that's when it hit her. Her arm sprung into the air again. "When do classes start?" It was hard to believe she was almost eighteen given how she acted. While she was very sweet, she also was very silly and downright fun for a girl her age. most of the people she knew that were her age tended not to be so laid back and free spirited as they always seemed to have something up their butts. Not her. She was one of those rare types who lived life, regardless of her past. She'd even break out dancing if it meant lightening up the mood of the situation. Some called her crazy, she called herself fun.

"In a couple months." Hattori said, sitting down. "For now, simply relax and enjoy yourselves." he smiled, "Klaigh, right? Can I see you in a few hours?" he asked, then resumed, "Your keys will be distributed at the front desk. Show them your ID and they will be handed to you. This process will take about half an hour to finish everyone, so please, do be patient." he said with a smile, relaxing in the chair.

Billy set up the poles to demarcate lines and such, his girl pointing out tiny mistakes and correcting him. He went along with it, chuckling and smiling the whole way.
Hattori rose and stretched. "And that's about it for the tour. Any further questions or assistance, I'll be in my dorm room, No. 278. Chiao." he smiled, then walked away to an elevator, making a bow as it rose. Billy smiled as he finished.
"All right, make a line."

Klaigh nodded to him and she sort of watched him a little bit as he stood. She absentmindedly wrote his room number down and then tucked her pen back into her bag, as well as the papers in her arms so not to be crowded. She fished for her wallet too, wondering which ID to use in order to get her ID. As they set up the lines, she went over the five ID cards she had. One from her freshman year in high school when she was experimenting with red hair and really short hair. She didn't look like that at all anymore. Then came to her sophomore year where she started growing her hair out to be the length it was to this very day; long and that trend continued throughout her other two years in high school. But when she saw her license, she took that out, figuring that'd be best since it was a state license, with ID picture.

Once the line was ready, she was about tenth or eleventh in line, waiting quietly and patiently, just like the orientation guides requested. After some time, she finally got her room key and headed to the second floor, to the east wing and looked for her room: No. 101. She strolled along until she finally arrived to it and opened it up, revealing a very nice room. She smiled gently and ran to the bed, jumping on it on her back and sighed. "Home..."

Hattori waited in his apartment, humming to himself. How would he serve this one, he wondered? She looked like the hind of girl that liked sweets. He'd picked up some chocolates, and a few other things. Most of all, he wanted to welcome her. The mentoring program was old and traditional, even thoughg it was no longer official, the student council still assigned frechmen to upperclassmen to teach them the ropes.

And this was Hattori's first chance. He smiled at the thought of her, walking back into the kitchen. She should be arriving any minute now, just as I'm cooking...

After she got herself well accquainted in her room--unpacking, decorating and such--she eventually figured out what a few hours meant and when a good time would be to go to his dorm. He didn't eactly give a certain time to come to his dorm but she felt that a few hours was more than two, less than five. Say around mid-afternoon, she left her dorm, put her key in her pocket and she whistled her way to the guy's dorms in the west wing. There, she saw a dying plant and when no one was looking, she waved her hand over the beauty and revived it making it look healthier than it could ever be. She kissed the leaf and smiled as she walked along more, whistling until she came across room 278. Pursing her lips, she knocked on the door, putting her hands in her pockets and waited. She wondered why he asked her to come to his dorm since she wasn't aware of any mentoring program.

He awnsered the door in casual wear and a plain apron. "Ah, I've been waiting." he said with a smile, leading her inside to sit on a couch while he walked into the kitchen. "Make yourself at home." he called, working at the simple dinner. "I'll awnser any questions you might have during the meal." he went on, the sound of something sizzling. "You aren't allergic to anything, are you? It'd be a shame if I accidentally killed you with my cooking."

Klaigh smiled at him and she walked into his room and sat down on the couch and crossed a leg over the other. She bit her lower lip and waited a little bit and sighed. "Not that I know of. Though I do know I always used to get some kind of breakout after eating peanuts. It was weird and really disgusting." She shuddered a bit, her mind taking her back at the horrid scene in her mind when she broke out from eating peanuts. Plus, she didn't like them that much anyways so it wasn't a terrible loss.

"Lucky!" he said, smiling. "We're having seafood tonight, so no worries." He brought her her plate, smiling. Tilapia and scallops, with some mixed veggies. "Now, you're a mighty inquisitive young lady. So. Shoot." he smiled at her. "Ask whatever you like. About me, about this place, anything."

She smiled gently when he brought the food over, the delicious aroma lifting up into her nostrils, causing her mouth to water but because it was closed, she didn't start a drool, luckily. Laughing slightly when he called her 'inquisitive' she took a broccoli into her mouth and she chewed/swallowed before asking, "Well I don't have anything to ask right now. I mean, I could ask you some stuff but I'd rather not, so for now I'm good. Oh but the main question I would like to ask is...why did you ask me here?" Klaigh pursed her lips a bit before taking a bite of the scallops.

He smiled, nibbling at the food. She was even better-looking up close.
"Well, there was an old mentoring program, but it's not really official anymore. At least, not official in that it's not staff-run. The Student Council oversees it instead. You see, when a student here becomes a sophomore, they are assigned a freshman to mentor. As the year goes on, the mentor keeps the same student, as the mentoree takes a new one. For instance, Billy, who is a year above me, is my mentor, and his girlfriend, a year above him, is his. Clear?"

While he was talking, she was chowing down. She didn't even like a girl but like how someone would eat when they were hungry. And well...she was really hungry. Her head nodded as he explained and when he was done, she nodded once more, her hand coming in front of her mouth as she chewed, getting ready to talk. Once she swallowed, she looked at him. "Makes sense. So as your mentoree, what do I need to do? And what's a mentor?" She never heard of the word, to be honest.

"A mentor guides their assigned person through their life here at school, offering advice on both an academic and personal level. It's recommended you meet with me at least once a week, for an hour. I'll be glad to treat a fine lady like you to dinner any time, of course, but I'm sure you'll make friends quickly and will want time for yourself. So, come see me when you like or when you're in trouble. I'll be happy to help at any time."

Klaigh nodded, almost done with her meal already. "Thank you. It's actually kind of really convenient since I do need guidance. I mean, this place is like total sanctuary really, but I'd get lost in it easily since the world beyond this place is a dark dark place..." She said shaking her head, but her face or tone didn't show any 'asking for pity' since she got over it but still, her judgment stands about the world beyond this amazing school; dark dark place.

"Well, now that that's out of the way..." he said, picking up his empty plate and taking it to the sink. When he came back, he had a pencil in his hand. "Just so we know, how about we show one another our powers?" he asked, setting the pencil on the table. "Don't worry about what I'll think, just show me. If you need something to do it, tell me and I'll fetch it."

She finished eating and she pushed her plate back a little bit, full and more than satisfied since that was one hell of a meal, patting her stomach. Klaigh bit her lower lip and she gulped. Nodding, she looked around, not seeing any plants. "Do you have any plants?"

"Oh, um..." he stood up, looking around. "The tree near the entrance is real." he said, pointing. "You have a plant power?" he asked, blinking. How odd. "Well, do your stuff. I'll watch first."

"No..." She averted her gaze. "Just asking..." She shrugged. She was a terrible liar. She walked to the tree by the entrance and she knelt down and ran her fingers along the small trunk and then up to its leaves. Smiling warmly, she stood up and stood back, tilting her head and her eyes flashed an emerald green before staying that color. The tree's leaves started to extend out forward, started to grow bigger until it could have burst right out of the roof but she stopped it and dimmed it down so much that it became a seed. After some time, she looked back at Hattori and then back at the seed and with a wave of her hand, she returned it to how it was originally. "I developed the name 'Freak' since I talk and 'work' with plants so well." She said perkily.

He watched, duly impressed.
"Well, if you're a Freak, then..." he picked up the pencil and smiled. From his fingers, a blue glow slowly slid up it's length. "I'm even crazier." he released it, and watched as the blue rod dissipated into the air, specks of blue light. Then he held out his hand, and they converged again, making another pencil. "I rather prefer to be called a magician, though. you wouldn't beleive how easy mine is to activate by accident... or how fast it can overtake a person." he looked at the ground in pain briefly, then smiled at her.

"S-so. Want to see a movie?"

"Looks like we both have some dangerous abilities we need to control. Controlling plants is mayhem when you loose control. vines and ivies, they are the most deadly I found since they are like rope or a sake and can kill. It's happened. And I've never wanted to do it again..." She looked down and rubbed her hands gently and looked at him. "I hope to control it though...I mean that's what this place is for. To be able to have control..." Klaigh sat down on the couch and smiled.

"What movie? Hopefully one to take our minds off of painful memories, yes?"

He smiled, looking directly into her eyes.
"There's many ways to do that. For now, yes, let's. You wouldn't believe the kind of stuff possible with our film people." he said with a wry grin. He took her hand. His own was soft, as if there were no calluses. "It'll be my treat." he said as he lead her downstairs.

Klaigh took his hand, hers small but gentle and just as soft and stood. She walked with him downstairs, hesitantly taking her hand back and put her hands in her pockets. People were looking and she didn't exactly like that, neither was she used to it. She was shy on some occasions. "So what movie is it going to be?"

"Oh, just some romantic comedy that came out recently." he said offhandedly. "Would you like any snacks?" he asked with a smile as they walked inside. He hummed to himself tunelessly. He was obviously in his element.

Back
Top Bottom