Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Let He Who Cast the First Stone (MysteriousD x Degusaurusrex)

"You really don't need to keep cleaning right now, it's fine." Giving him a strange look, she waved a hand lazily in the air. "Thanks. I guess? It's just a body. It's for living, and fucking." She shrugged. "I don't really know what else I'm supposed to ask. I'm still having a bit of trouble believing this is all real." Moving around the room a bit tiredly, she paused and then finally shrugged again.

"Sure. I need to buy food, anyway. You don't want to see me when I'm hungry for both kinds of things. It's not pretty. Let me get the rest of my stuff." Moving around the house checking for the rest of her necessities, she came back out several minutes later pulling on a jacket and hopping into a pair of shoes. "We're driving, though. I either drive, or I use rifts. Those are a hassle to use during the day, and very exhausting. I'd be biting you all night if I moved the both of us back and forth like that."

Motioning for him to follow her, she went out the front door with a loud yawn. The car was unlocked as she waited for him to come out, locking up the house before getting in and starting up the car. She had to make sure there was enough food for two people now, and she had no idea what he even liked. Hell, he could just eat whatever she bought, he was the one who had popped into her life!

Diego raised an eyebrow a bit at what Lilith said what hery body was for, though it did show what type of person she is. He was seeing he trying to deal with all the new information and her new situation. In a way, it kinda reminded him of back when he was discovering what he could do as an angel for the first time, though here with the obvious edge on who she was as a person.

"I will offer you blood whenever you need it," Diego told her as he was seeing her and prepare. He was already pretty dressed for the most part. "Yeah, I'm not a fan of driving and I prefer walking though if we are going to do groceries, it would be for us to use transfortation," Diego said before wondering what Lilith thought of her biting him all night. What effect would that much angel blood have on her?

Diego followed her and got into the car with a smile. "I'll help for the groceries," he said to her as they were going to head off and he was looking at her. He was thinking... "Hey Lilith... what would you do if you had an opportunity to become human?" Diego asked her, curious on her answer as they were heading to the store.

He kept offering her his blood. Was it truly just kindness from him, or did he have some weird biting fetish? Either way, if it kept her fed, she couldn't complain too much. Besides, it had been somewhat relaxing when she'd tasted his blood before. It wasn't enough for a full meal to tide her over for days, as all of it had gone to healing her rather than energizing her. On that note, she would need a meal soon enough, whether from him or a normal human.

"Help?" Was he talking about paying, or carrying? She wasn't hurting for money, so that didn't matter to her. "What?" Her head snapped to the side at his question before going back to the road, cursing as she nearly hit a car and swerved around it. "Why would you ask me that while I'm driving?!" It had seemingly come out of nowhere, and nothing could have prepared her for a question like that. "I don't know. I have no wish to marry or have children again, so I guess I would just grow old and die alone?" She shrugged.

Diego did not expect her to suddenly react as she did when it came to the question. "I was just wondering! I didn't think it'd surprise you," Diego noted to her some surprise as they avoided the swerve. Hearing her answer put a rather sad expression in his face. "Not a lot of people wanna die alone. It's painful. Even alot of the angels and demons say that when they spend some time as a humans," he observed as he looked at her. "I was just wondering because... well... you probably heard the stories. Of a couple of the old-time angels and demons giving up their special status to become human," Diego explained.

He observed that they were close to the grocery store. "I guess I was wondering since a couple of the older angels asked what it was like being human," he added. "But very very few people deservie to die alone. You are not one of them. You made a lot of mistakes, but you have some good in you too," Diego told her after they parked so he wouldn't startle her as much.

"Well it's not every day a six thousand some year old demon gets asked a question like that.." She grumbled quietly to herself. "No, most people don't want to. But you don't always get what you want. It's just part of existence, and I've long since accepted it." Strange boy. "I can't say I remember any stories like that off the top of my head, no." It was an interesting concept though, and she glanced at him as they neared the store.

"Whatever you say, kiddo. Let's get some food and get out of here. I can't stand crowds like this." They were tolerable, but still rather unpleasant. "I still think you're a bit too optimistic for our current situation, but I'm not going to tell you how to think, just like you're not gonna tell me how to think." Locking the car up as they went inside, she grabbed a cart and started down the aisle. "What the hell do you like to eat, anyway?"

"Well, the world is full of the impossible and I doubt many people in the past expected the technological innovations that we have now," Diego told her with a bit of a smile. He knew you couldn't get what you want, but that would not stop people from trying. However, he was now wondering what was it that Lilith truly wanted or perhaps more accurately, what she needed.

"Well, I died being optimistic and I live as an angel," Diego responded to what Lilith's comment on him being too optimistic though he did note her uncomfortability to the crowds here in the grocery store. "Well, Mexican food or some of the basics," Diego told her with a shrug of his shoulders before looking around and helping Lilith out with the grocery shopping. The experience was surprisingly pleasant. It was something domestic and simple, bringing almost a calming sense of normalcy.

"What do you like to eat?" Diego said as he was helping her to get something.

"Optimism. Humans and their optimism. I suppose when you're blind to the dangers around you it's a bit easier." She shrugged, grabbing a couple of items off the shelf and tossing them into the cart. "I should have known after what you brought me you would say that." She barely glanced at the things he tossed in, more focused on grabbing what she knew she would eat. At his question she glanced up, eyes moving between him and the cart.

"Lots of different things." A shrug. "It depends on my mood, but you know the meal I like the best." She didn't have to say it out loud for him to understand, and an eyebrow raised as she shrugged again. "But you can't really just buy that at the supermarket, so I made do with what I can get." At least now she would have a reliable source. "Let's just get through this and get out. Too much shit here I don't want to deal with." She all but sped through the rest of the shopping, hurrying through the checkout before loading the car up with Diego's help and starting it up.

"Optimism doesn't mean being blind to the dangers around us," Diego responded over to Lilith as he was helping her with the stuff. He couldn't help but smirk at her comment about how she predicted that he would ask such a question. He did pay attention to what she was getting. When he heard her answer, he rowed a bit before going over to smirk.

Diego did get some extra stuff, a couple of stuff for himself along with a few items he believed will be good for her. When they were in the car, he was seeing about to start the car. "If you need to have some blood, here," Diego told her, offering her more of his angelic blood. From what it looked like, it seemed to satiate her more than human blood and maybe it will help enough to where she would not need to feed on human blood ever again.

He wondered if she will accept his offer.

"What are you doing?!" The reaction was instant when he held out his arm, Lilith's eyes flickering wildly around the car as she hissed. It took several seconds of panic to realize the reaction was unnecessary, that most people walking by would only have seen his arm outstretched. It could mean anything, especially with the way humans lived their lives in the modern era. "Not here, people will see, for one." She paused, putting the car into gear and starting off.

"And for two, I need to be focused enough to drive." The man was insane, absolutely insane. "Can't just go around drinking your blood in public." Grumbling quietly even as she peeked over at him, her head shook before she continued to drive. "You really don't have any filters, do you? You just speak what you think. Very.. Demon like of you, almost. If you weren't so innocent, I would probably have mistaken you for either a very strong, or very cocky demon." Now that was an interesting thought, Diego with fangs.

"Well, no one is going to be looking at us in the car windows, especially since your car does have window covers," Diego noted, a bit surprised to see her flip out a little bit, though he supposed he could've messed something. After all, heaven knows that he was not very capable when it came to social skills and interactions at time.

Diego was hearing her grumble before they would be going on. "Seriously? There's more than a few people that have what I have. There's a whole spectrum of people that had my condition, some to where they are mainly in their own heads and while some can hyperfocus on specific things or see patterns, they have great trouble understanding people or social cues, like trying to read people like books, but without glasses," Diego does his best to try and explain what was his issue in regards to do this.

"Didn't mean to freak you out, but I reckon you are hungry and I am trying to help you," Diego tells her when she is calming down so she does not worry as much. "I saw that it helps you a fair bit," he noted.

"It's still a risk. I haven't lived this long by being reckless all the time." Not in recent centuries, anyway. "Do keep in mind socializing is not my strong suit, I've had little interest in it for.. A long time, now." Still, the mention of his blood was very, very tempting. They would be back soon enough, though, so she wouldn't have to wait forever. "I'm always hungry." She shrugged. Home soon, they would be home soon. "I very rarely drink my fill, just enough to survive and stay out of trouble." It wasn't much of a life, but it was a life nonetheless.

"Of course it helps, blood is blood." She shrugged again. "Yours just happens to be stronger, so you're going to end up becoming a snack as soon as this food is put away." The minutes ticked by as they drove back, and she was nearly running to get the bags inside and start putting them away. What was wrong with her, acting like a starving child? She'd just fed, although it had mainly been to heal her injury. It was justified to still feel hungry, and he was offering.. So why not?

Diego heard her comments and could not help but smirk a little bit on some of her comments in regards to her being sociable as well as her former recklessness. "Maybe someday you won't feel hungry all the time," Diego told her, wondering if that would help her out. Being a humanborn angel means that he could definitely take alot from anything. "Yeah though maybe you can try taking more blood to help fill you up," Diego offered to her as he was helping her with putting the stuff away.

He saw that she is quite needing for blood based on her antsy demeanor and her aggressive nature. When everything was a way, he sat on the sofa and offered his arm for hr to drink. "Take as much as you want. I want to help you," Diego told her caringly and affectionately in regards to her need. He wondered if she could get mroe from his neck, but that would be quite the hickey....

"More than last night?" She glanced over at him, a look of interest in her eyes as they finished with everything. That was ever the tempting thought, and she grunted in agreement before disappearing off to her room to change. A tank top and a pair of shorts later she was sauntering back out, checking the heat before finding him on the couch. The moment of truth was upon her, and she sat down on the couch beside him before pulling her legs up.

"If you pass out on me or something, it's not my fault," She warned him. "You just told me to take what I need, so this is on you." It wasn't like she was going to drain him, but it would take some time to get a good amount of blood from his wrist. Eyeing his neck for a short moment, she tore her eyes away and instead took the offered arm. The neck would have been far faster, and better, but it was also very intimate. Her fondness for angels was nearly nonexistent, and she made a small noise before bringing his wrist to her mouth and sinking her teeth in.

Warmth. Instant warmth and comfort.

Just what was it, about his blood that calmed her, soothed her soul in a way she hadn't experienced in a long, long time. Her eyes shifted, looking up at him even as her mouth stayed latched onto his arm. How long had she been drinking for now? The taste was almost addicting, making it hard for her to pull away as her shoulders drooped and a hand landed on his leg to steady herself.

"More. As much as you need," Diego told her with a reassuring look. "I do not even think I can pass out," Diego mused, wondeing if he could. Diego saw her look at the neck. While she could've gotten more blood from his neck, he figured it would be a bit too... intimate right now. However, then raised the possibility of her going for it at some point. Diego did wince a little at feeling her really biting into his hand, but let her feed.

He recalled when he used to donate blood during conventions. He supposed it was like that though the blood was going to someone much faster... and there was no t-shirt or complimentary snacks that came at the end of it.

Diego looked at Lilith as she kept sucking at his blood. He was looking at her with a concerned yet comforting look, as if to make sure she was okay. "You can keep taking as much as you want," Diego told her, nearly glowing with that angelic energy though it was not just that of his blood... it was also his spirit within his blood. It was a part of him after all.

Why was he looking at her like that? Confusion flickered across her face, eyes narrowing at the change in his appearance. He wasn't a beacon of light or anything of the sort, but it was easy to see the energy surrounding him. The holy energy. It almost made her heart ache that an angel, of all creatures, cared enough to help her without asking anything in return. It still didn't make sense, but perhaps she was just used to the more stern angels of her past. The oh so strict Archangels, the way they looked down upon the Earth as if they were better than everyone else.

"This is fine." Pulling back at last and licking her lips, she gave a content sigh and leaned back into the couch. "Thank you." The words came out quiet, barely above a whisper as she peeked over at him. There was a flush to her face, a comfortable warmth rushing through her body as she cleared her throat. "It's going to be very strange, having a guest all the time. You'll have to forgive my moods, I'm not accustomed to dealing with people for this long. Even the time you've been here is more than I'm used to."

"I'm glad that you feel better," Diego told her with a smile, seeing her finish after a while and going to lean into the couch. However, he did note that she now possessed a more thoughtful or almost lost look. As if she is thinking of something. That and there was a flush on her face. He couldn't help but chuckle when she mentioned over about him being present in her life.

"I know what you mean, but I am happy to try and spend time with you more," Diego told her before he went to sit with her better on the sofa. "You're my first friend I made in a long while," he added with a soft smile on his face. He rested on the sofa and leaned over to her, resting in the afternoon.

A Month Later...

"Did you like the burgers? I used to go to the place when my parents visited me back in college," Diego told her with a smile as they were leaving a local burger joint. He couldn't help but have the Greek-based burger. The spice-infused lamb patty with the feta cheese along with the lettace and tomato reminded him back when he was alive along with the fries and drink.

A month had passed. A month of having an angel in her home, of having anyone there. The first week had been uncomfortable, and she had constantly forgotten about his presence until coming face to face with him. At least twice she had nearly clawed him open, catching herself just in time to sheath her claws and huff angrily before storming off. Just how was the man so damn sneaky?

Once she'd walked out of the bathroom in nothing more than a towel, staring blankly at him for several seconds before bolting to her room. She wasn't particularly shy when it came to her body, but she also hadn't shared it with anyone in some time. After two weeks she was finally used to his presence, and for the time after that she had even begun to enjoy it.

"They were good." She nodded as they left. "It's not like any of it will kill me, so I don't mind indulging on occasion." It had been awhile since she'd had lamb, either, and she had nearly forgotten the taste. Hands tucked into her jacket pockets, she glanced around and inhaled suddenly. Something smelled off, the hairs on the back of her neck standing up as she shook her head. Whatever it was wasn't in close proximity to them, and she chalked it up to a bit of paranoia from being out in public so much.

Diego was a bit surprised by how everything was. She had been trying to get used to him being there and he nearly had her attack him until she recognized him. However, he was patient with her and did not ever hold it against her. After all, even this affair is quite surprising, even for him. For the most part though, he did remain quiet and would mind his business or spend time with her.

Then there was the time he caught her wearing just a towel, but it was a little bit surprising, even causing him to blush. However, after the second week, they settled on a pattern, including where they would read together, or watch television or just spend time together. It felt really nice.

Right now, he wanted to take he out to one of his fave places and showing her more around Atlanta and it reminded him of how things were when he was alive. "Yeah, and it is quite tasty," Diego told her before he saw her pause a little bit and he got a little serious. "What's wrong? Everything okay?" Diego asked Lilith wondering if there was something going on... or if there was someone around them or someones.

"Someone's close." She sighed irritably, mind working as she ran through the different options. It was late even in the day the streets weren't overly crowded, but it wasn't fully into night to where they were empty. That meant she has to use restraint, be smart and calculated about the situation. "Not like the ones that came after me the first night I met you." She paused and then continued walking. "No, this is one of mine." The words came out in a near snarl as she looked around, fingers flexing inside her pockets.

"I know you're not a huge fan of it, but if it comes to it, I'm yanking you through a rift and we're leaving." Just bloody great, couldn't have any extended period of peace, could she? Just when she had finally begun to believe maybe things would calm down, she had to catch the smell of one of her own kind; her true family. "I wonder which of my idiot children it is." She rolled her eyes and sniffed the air again. "Let's try not to make a huge scene, yeah?"

Diego walked closer to Lilith, showing he was there to support her. He kept his eyes around the town. It was around the afternoon where people were leaving work and heading home or to some evening activity they could do that was not overtly time-consuming. After all, it was Wednesday and thus, there were still a few days left for work. However, what surprised him was what she said. It was not a humanborn demon or even one of the miscellaneous demons.

It would be one of Lilith's spawn with Cain.

"Whatever you need to do," Diego told her, seeing her begin stressting out. "I'm here for you," Diego told her, trying to reassure her with a smile. However, he did begin leading over to a vacant lot..

"Really, you don't know the first rule? Always look like nothing is the matter," Diego paused when reaching the lot and turning around to see the demon in a hoodie and looking rather out of place. He could feel now the energy of the demon there and the air nearly crackled with Diego's own holy energy.

"I know it full well, but I also know scenes are often caused when fighting for your life. Unless those other demons, my children are not weak. At least not the ones that stuck at their father's side. They've been training for millennia, they have adapted to the modern world and the ways of it. Even if they hadn't, the fact that they have the same claws as I do are enough to cause damage. Wounds from another demon are cruel, they can even be fatal if they're severe enough." She could smell them, hear the sound of the footsteps rapidly approaching as the demon approached.

"Taking up with an angel, mother? That's low, even for you." Sighing wearily, Lilith didn't stop walking even as the tall man appeared at her side to join them. "Come home, mother." She shook her head. "Come back to Eden." She froze, snarling and whirling on him.

"Eden is dead. It has been dead for millennia, and nothing you wretched creatures could do would ever bring it back. Paradise was lost before your father was even born." A snicker left his mouth as he stepped in front of them, eyeing Diego with an expression that was a mixture of amusement and hunger.

"Why are you with her, angel? Hoping to fuck a demon as a form of rebellion?"

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean they're smart," Diego told her, but nonetheless he did take her seriousy enough to prepare for what was coming. He sighed and took a deep breath once he turned around looking at the demon. He crossed his arms, feeling his holy energy and cracking at the demon's own. He was quiet to observe the interactions going on. It appeared she was determined to ignore him until he crossed the line.

"Why are you here? Hoping that acting as an obediant toadie will make you your father's favorite tool? Get the hell over yourself and move on with your life," Diego responded back. He have known a few of the pure demons, usually discussed among the veteran angels and what Diego was able to gleam from them just from their observations. "There's many better things you can do that don't involve listening to the first failure of humanity," Diego added the insult regarding Cain before staying by Lilith's side against the demon.

"My father does not have favorites." The demon shrugged. "But he wants his woman back, where she belongs. At his side, at our side." Lilith growled again, torn between the two sources of energy around her. They clashed invisibly, as though they were warring with each other even as her son made no move to attack. Not yet, at least. That quickly changed when a hand wrapped around her wrist, tugging her forward as he laughed.

"Come, mother, surely this filthy place does not hold your interest. Even sharing a bed with an angel could not be very entertaining, not when there are so many mortals in the world that could fill your bed and be your meal after. Their lives are meaningless, just as this one's is." She tried to tug back, panic rising up as she realized how firm a hold he had on her. "Come, we have no time to waste." She tugged again, dread forming in her chest as she realized he intended to open a rift and take her away.

"No!" Snarling the word loudly, she finally managed to free herself even as claws dug into her skin and tore. "Diego." She managed to get out his name as she stepped back from her son, a look of pure disgust on her face. "You should leave. You don't need to be caught up in this. As much as it pains me to admit it, this isn't a weak demon."

"Yet she clearly does not want to go with ya'll. And man, you really are a tool," Diego said, his own angelic energy flaring up a bit as he stared at the demon. He could tell that this one was not some neophyte like the previous one, but he did not care. He was stuborn that way.

"Meaningless? That's rich coming from you. You call people meaningless yet they're the only reason you survive. You're just an asshole," Diego responded over to him as he edged over to try and grab something for the inevitable fight. He tensed up when he saw her grab him and appear ready to try and drag him. When she tried to warn him, he used it as a distraction to try and smash the demon in the head with a pipe, charged with angelic energy.

"I am not leaving you. I am staying by your side, Lilith," Diego told her with a determined look. "Last chance to leave, demon," he told her, prepaing himself to go on the defensive or at least grab onto Lilith and leave.

"Leave, child, or join your other siblings in the afterlife." The threat was valid and he flinched, frowning even as he held his ground. She had killed many of her own children, and few occasions had bothered her. They had caused their own demise with their recklessness, and it held no place in the modern age. Not anymore, not when humans ruled the world in their own pathetic way.

"What the fuck?!" Grunting in a mixture of pain and surprise as the pipe connected with his head, the other demon stepped back and touched a hand to his head. "..You made me bleed. Impressive." Lilith was glancing around to assure herself people weren't witnessing the event, striding forward to grip him by the shirt and yank him forward. "Oh, hello, mother, thank you for making this much easier." The pain was nearly instant, claws digging deep into the muscle of her shoulder as Lilith howled and staggered back.

"Fuck you." She could feel the blood dripping from the deep punctures, her shoulder screaming in agony as she glanced between Diego and her son. "I don't have time for this shit, I really don't." Her fist connected with the taller demon's face, nails raking across skin before she stepped back and looked to Diego. "We need to go, now." The injury in her shoulder needed tended to, and she couldn't recklessly murder in public, even as desperately as she wanted to. "Now."

Back
Top Bottom