Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Let He Who Cast the First Stone (MysteriousD x Degusaurusrex)

Diego watched her trying to grasp with the notion of redemption. Diego possessed a more open mind of what was possible or not. Did he think everyone could be redeemed? He's not sure, but that's not a reason to not even try and reach out for that atonement. Even the genuine alone has to count for something he figured, especially how complicated and nebulous redemption can be sometimes.

Diego went over to sit next to her, wondering what she was thinking. "My name is Diego Vendrix. Some of the humanborn angels and demons tend to change names when they are "reborn", but I am not one of them," Diego explains before he hears her ask. He remains quiet and thinks of what he knew. "I know that you met Cain and Abel thousands of years ago and that you tempted Cain to kill his brother and in that, you gave birth to a bunch of monsters," Diego said, thinking. His memories weren't much of a strong suit. "Along of these caused troubles for a couple hundred years until banished by various holy men, messiahs, mystics, wiseman or other wizards and thus began the rise of humanity through growing secularism," Diego claimed, his face one of concentration yet ponderment.

"You hurt people and have them killed. I know that. But that does not mean you are beyond redemption. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone has regrets. Looking back and wondered why we did what we did," he noted before looking to her. "I'm sorry if I didn't go into enough detail, but before you tell me anything, I wanna say one last thing. You may have tempted Cain, but he's the one who did the deed. What he did to Abel and his own decisions... those are his choices and his own faults to carry... not yours," he noted.

"That's an interesting name." The concept of a last name was something she vaguely understood, but had never held interest in. She was who she was, and a last name had never been necessary for every day use. Letting her arms rest on her stomach, she closed her eyes and nodded slowly. "Yes, thousands and thousands of years ago. Lifetimes ago, really." How many human lifetimes was that?

"Mm, yes, monsters. My children are mostly monsters. There may be a couple of them that are not so bad, but my first son is one of the worst. He's followed too closely after his father even once I left. The bastards." She scoffed at him, eyes flickering open as her head tilted back to look up at him. Laying down, he looked so much taller than her, and she simply looked up in at him in a mixture of shock and awe.

"Not mine?" No one had ever told her that before, and the confusion on her face was clear. "No one's ever said that. No one's ever even hinted that I should have peace." She lifted an arm, reaching up to tap his nose with a finger. "You're an odd one, Diego Vendrix." Dropping her arm back down, she closed her eyes again but made no effort to leave the couch. "You may stay tonight, and we will talk more in the morning. There is a room down the hall you may sleep in for the night."

Diego heard Lilith speak of her spawn. He wondered what compelled them to act as such. Was it approval of their parents? Was is the presence of their father? He would need to talk to them, but he was not sure if he would get through. Plus, he knew that he would more than likely be outmatched in that scenario. However, he was not the type to give up. He was a defiant soul after all. That's why he was here still rather than in the endless lands of heaven after all.

"Why would it be? Cain was a human who made his decisions. Temptation is not coercion after all," Diego told her with conviction. "Cain made his choice of his own volition. Alot of people go to hell because they could not resist temptation, keep making the wrong or bad choices in their decisions," he added. "There's often reasons and there's plenty of leeway, but at some point, people gotta own up to their choices. That's part of redemption I think. Owning up to the consequences, knowing that they did wrong and trying to make for it. But people aren't responsible for the actions of others... sure sometimes people wonder if they could've stopped them or influenced them and that plays some part, but they're not perfect," Diego explained with his arms crossed and a soft smile. He was always a philosopher and he always mused these questions.

He was surprised when Lilith booped his nose. "Yeah, I am. Been that way since I was a kid," Diego said with a lopsided smile to Lilith. "Thank for you letting me rest, Lilith. Have a good night," he told her before he went over to the guest room she said, taking off his shows and laid down.

What an odd angel. He wasn't scared of her in the slightest, and had even come to her aid. The entire thing was strange, as to why anyone cared for her well being, let alone any type of angel. Perhaps it was the human part of him that caused the sympathy and worry, perhaps there was just something different about him. Regardless of which it was, she went to sleep with a small smile on her face. For the first time in centuries, she felt at peace.

"God dammit, it's too early to be awake. I need coffee." Muttering under her breath as she forced herself up and into the kitchen, she trudged around the room finding the necessary items. It took a minute to remember that she had company, and with a small sigh she added more to make a full pot. Did angels even drink coffee? Did he even drink coffee? If he didn't, she'd probably end up drinking the entire thing herself. Listening to it begin to gurgle as it started filling, she sank into a chair at the kitchen table and held her head in her hands.

"Good morning, how are you?" Diego told her with a smile. He did not need coffee. Even as a human, he did not really drink it to perk up. While his classmates back in high school drank coffee or energy drinks to perk up during advanced early morning classes, he really didn't need them. Instead, he decided to try and surprise Lilith with something special for letting him stay here.

"I got you a surprise," Diego said before pulling something out with foil. He was up for about an hour now and decided to try and pay a visit to an area nearby. He was able to use to make a rift to a Mexican store back in his hometown in the Deep south. It was scrambled eggs with chorizo in it along with some avocado and some hot freshly made tortillas. There was even a wedge of lime into it. Even when he died, Diego remained closely tied to his roots and his heritage after all.

"How are you feeling?" he asked as he leaned on the wall with a smile on his face.

"Fuck!" Cursing as she heard his voice, Lilith's head snapped up as her eyes widened. She had expected him to still be sleeping, or maybe even going straight for the shower after a night's sleep. No, he was standing in the kitchen with her, talking about a surprise. "You.. Got me something?" She gave him a puzzled look, staring at the wrap in his hand before she took it. It was obvious it was food, both from the foil and the smell coming from it.

"You didn't have to get me anything. But thank you, I guess." Opening it up, she sniffed carefully at it before taking a bite. Taking her time to savor it before she set it down, she stood from the chair and walked over to the filled coffee pot. "I'm fine. A bit stiff from sleeping on the couch, but that will pass in time." It wasn't the first time she'd slept there, and it wasn't going to be the last. "A little freaked out there's an angel standing in my kitchen, and more than a little pissed off that one of my kids is trying to kill me. I assume you slept okay?"

"Well yeah. I wanted to surprise you with something," Diego told her with a smile as he was letting her enjoy the food. He himself enjoyed his share of the food. It reminded him of home. It was comforting and reassuring to say the least. He watched her eat it.

"Yeah I slept okay. It was pretty nice," Diego said before he was thinking. "However, I am thinking that they were not trying to kill you, but capture you," Diego proposed as he was thinking of what could be happening. "I am not sure if you know, but alot of the "Children of Cain" have been dying. Either because of a lack of demonic energy or killed by other forces as a result," Diego noted as he was thinking.

"So maybe they wanna kidnap you?" he wondered out loud.

"It wouldn't surprise me. Cain is insistent that he can talk me back into his bed, because he knows children born of are union will always be stronger than those he creates. He wants more sons to carry on his legacy, to torment these poor, oblivious mortals." She took her coffee to the table and went back to eating, a casual shrug of her shoulders as if it were a normal conversation. To her, the topic was. "Yes, I've heard of some of them dying. It's a pity most of them aren't our actual children." She paused, something clicking in her head.

"Those demons last night, maybe their boss wasn't one of my actual children, but someone who thinks themselves a son of Cain just because of being changed. Filthy bastards, just because of a little magic and blood they think they're one of ours." She made a face. "It would be a poor choice in their part to kidnap me. I'm not so weak I would allow that without a fight. I would tear out as many throats as I could, first. Why, are you offering to be my bodyguard?" She gave him an amused look before shaking her head.

"Oblivious? Well... perhaps. There's a few groups of mortals who have been behind killing a fair bit of these demons," Diego noted, chuckling a bit of what was going on before seeing her resume eating. "Hell, alot of them meet their ends by those who exist beyond their... "juristication"," Diego added as he remembered how he once met a Buddhist who did kill a legitimate son of Cain. "I know a couple of them did die. The angels aren't that good of keeping secrets when there is a lot of change," Diego noted.

"I do wanna help you," Diego told her with a bit of a smile. "I know you're strong enough to handle yourself, but there's nothing wrong with company I reckon," Diego told her with a soft expression on his face as he finished his breakfast. "What would you like to do?" Diego asked her, curious as to what her answer would be.

"Humans have always killed demons, it's in their nature to fear what they do not understand, and my family hasn't given us a good reputation. I didn't give us a good reputation." How many of her children had been killed by humans? Most of them had been the ones she cared little for, the violent ones, but there had been one or two she had mourned for some time before tucking the memories away. Now they were bubbling to the surface, and she frowned.

"You can stay if you'd like, but I can't guarantee it will be interesting. All I do is drink and sit around this place. Half the nights I either sleep on the couch, or don't sleep at all. I'm not all rainbows and sunshine like you, little angel, so I don't know what all you want to accomplish, other than this help you speak of." Still, company wouldn't be completely unwelcome.

"True though it's not like demons are innocent. Most have done plenty to target humanity for large scale plans or just bully them because they could not fight back. Everyone earns their own reputations at the end," Diego noted with some thought. "The few older demons seem to leave well enough alone and grown fonder of humanity. Others remain the same sort of jerks they were. Angels are... well, they're not exactly full of personality of the time which means they often have trouble understanding the nuances of human nature. I guess that's why humanborn angels and demons would appear," Diego pondered out loud before hearing Lilith's offer of sorts.

"We can still go out and do some stuff together. I would like to kow you more," Diego offered to her with some thought. "We could watch films or other things," he added. He still maintained some strong ties with his humanity, which included a fair bit of stuff like his movies or his video game consoles. That's how he was.

"Hey, I used to be human, remember?" Diego responded with a half smile at her comment on rainbows and sunshines. "Though I was pretty sunshine as a human too," he added, sorta conceding in her point.

"Angels think they are so high and mighty. I bet Michael and Gabriel watch this chaos without compassion, staring down from their fucking pedestals like they are better than everyone else but their god." She scoffed, shaking her head again. "You can be as sunshine as you like, but if you're going to stay here, you're pulling your own weight. That means cleaning up your messes, and not giving me shit when I need to snack on a human. I'm usually good about not killing them, not unless they deserve it. So unless you're going to be my permanent meal, you'll have to deal with it. Now, I need to take a shower before I figure out what I'm doing now that there's a bloody angel in my house." Already stripping her shirt and tossing it carelessly on the couch, she disappeared up the stairs and into the bathroom. "A bloody angel." An attractive one, but an angel nonetheless.

Last edited:
"Well, most are pretty stoic and business-like, but they do mean well," Diego said, raising an eyebrow at her. He knew a fair folk who tried to make comments on some of the higher angels, but for the most part, humans gotta reap what he sowed after all. "Well, would you want me to stay here?" Diego asked her, a bit of a surprise at her comment. He did not expect her to propose him moving in with her, but he did not exactly dislike the idea. "If I did, I would be happy to and I would be willing to offer you my blood," Diego explained, not wanting anyone to get hurt because of this and he seemed to note his angelic blood has a positive effect.

Diego went and sat on the couch, waiting to hear Lilith's answer when she would finish showering.

I would be happy and I would be willing to offer you my blood.

What a laugh. It was hard enough to get humans that didn't make it a big deal to be repeatedly bitten. They were either freaked out, or addicted, and turned into obsessive fools who would not give her a moment of peace. Mistress this, mistress that. It was revolting, and she'd long since changed her ways to biting a human only once before disappearing from their life forever. The bathroom door shut as she stepped inside, turning on the shower with a thoughtful expression.

When was the last time she'd ever had anyone that stayed there? There had been the occasional run in with demons she was on decent terms with, but the few times they had visited they'd never stayed over. Even when the sun had risen before their departure, there had been no sleep, only time spent speaking and drinking until there were empty bottles strewn around her house.

"Hell," Stepping into the shower and splashing her face, Lilith let out a heavy sigh. What was she doing, telling someone they could stay with her? To keep an eye on him so you're not compromised. That's what she would keep telling herself, head thudding against the shower wall as she let the water rain down on her. Was this what six millennia was leading up to? All of the hiding, and the time spent alone broken up by the presence of one man. With a huff as she started cleaning herself, she listened to the sounds of the house around her, assuring herself there was no danger awaiting her when she finished.

Diego decided to try and tidy up a bit here though he did not much, if mainly to respect her area. Diego wondered how what she was thinking. He began cleaing up to help with any of the stuff like empty bottles and so on. He stayed there because he wanted to help her, but he did not sure how he would be able to do. Plus, he did not get an official answer from her.

Nonetheless, Diego could still be a pretty good guest and helped clean the place up while his host was showering. However, he was wondering what she would do. If she said no, he would still check up on he from time to time, but what if she said yes? And then whast? Diego was not sure on that.

Right now he was just waiting for her answer.

Finishing up with her shower nearly ten minutes later, she shut the water off and toweled off, wrapping one around her head before pulling on her jeans and T-shirt. They clung to her damp skin as she left and went to her bedroom, coming back out with the towel off her head and brush in hand. The house looked cleaner, the random bottles from long nights drinking completely gone. Had he.. Been cleaning while she was in the shower? Looking around with a puzzled expression, Lilith took a seat on the couch and began brushing through her hair.

"You can stay, Repeating the words as she let her hair drip onto the towel over her legs, she nodded her head in confirmation. "It would be nice to have someone around again." She skirted around answering his question directly, not willing to admit that yes, she did want the company. "But don't you have some sort of job to do? Watching over humans, reporting back to the Archangels?"

"Oh, I was cleaning up while you were showering. Hope you don't mind," Diego told Lilith with a smile when as he saw her step out of the bathroom, now clean and refreshed. He was a little surprised by hearing her answer, but it looks like he would be staying with her then. He smiled at her on what she said, managing to catch what she was trying to hide.

"Not really. Humanborn angels are pretty free agents. Most don't know how to handle us outside of fundamentals so they let us have a bunch of autonomy," Diego explained to her with a smile. "I do help out around the area and so on, but otherwise, I'm free to try and help you," he noted.

"That's..Fine I guess. Weird, but fine. You're not my lover so I don't see why you need to, but suit yourself." She shrugged. So he was free to do as he pleased, huh? "Don't you have to make money, though? Or do they just toss money at you to live eternally, now? I've plenty of my own after all this time, but I've had a lot of time to gather it." That was the understatement of a lifetime. "Or do you just make money with helping out? Hell, do you even actually live somewhere, or do you just float around, so to speak?" Finishing brushing out her hair, she scrunched it with the towel before tossing it over the back of the couch.

"You don't take orders from Archangels. You don't try to kill the mother of Earth's demons. Now you're staying with her. I really don't get you, kid. You've aroused my curiosity though, I'll give you that much." Enough to let him stay for the moment, at least. "I can't tell if I'm frightened, surprised, or intrigued. Or maybe a combination of all three."

"Wanted to help," Diego responded to what Lilith said and he saw get a curious look in her eye. "I don't need the money. All of it was mine fro my human life, albeit stashed away because of the circumstances though I do a couple of odd jobs and so on to get more money if I need to," Diego told her with a smile before she asked him where he lived. His smile was melancholic. I just go over to stay in hotel rooms. Being an angel the room remains pristine, even with a heavenly prescence if you will... though sometimes I go to my old room back when I was alive," he added with a hint of complicated emotions.

"Well, I always followed my path, especially since I was a kid," Diego explained to her, his smile turning a little more confidence as he was looking at her. He was in some thought regarding what happened previously, but that was somethign to encounter later. "And let me know what I can do to help you," he reminded to her with a grin. "Maybe we can also spend some time together. Would help further deter the demons and their ilk," he added.

"You must have done something important then, if you have a good amount of money built up from your human life." How long had he been an angel then, she wondered. "I'll admit I'm curious as to what odd jobs you do, and staying in a hotel doesn't sound pleasant. I suppose you might as well bring your things here, then. I'd say I hope it's not a lot, but there's enough room here even if it was." She gave him a wry smile. "So long as you don't have furniture, but I can't imagine that you do." The mixture of emotions threw her off, but she nodded regardless.

"If you're going to be staying here, I would think we'll be spending time together. Not sure how much it would deter my ex husband and my children though, let alone other demons. Some of them are just plain stupid, after all. They have too much blood in their veins, as much as I did centuries, even millennia ago." She paused, her curiosity getting the better of her. "How long have you been an angel?"

"Nah, I was just pretty frugal and was willing to try and take odd jobs and so on," Diego explained to her. Part of it came from keeping a good amount of his money in cash and keeping it elsewhere, especially because of issues with the bank. "Well, I did things like physical manual labor or other things where I could get paid in cash or so on," Diego adds before hearing her say he could bring his stuff here. He did have a melancholic look regarding future. "Not really. All that is in my homelife. I cannot exactly interact with my family... that's part of the deal as a humanborn angel. Part of the secrecy," he said with a forlorn look.

"Three years now...," Diego answered her as he went to sit near her.... "I was in university... I was a normal college student until one day... there was a disaster," Diego said, confiding in her. "There was a large building on fire because of arson and I couldn't... help myself. Trying to go and help people. I helped trying to help get people out. I died when I was trying to hold up something so the last people could escape and it fell on me," Diego confided in her.

"I wasn't ready to go... not yet. I think because of how I went out... and just how 'strong' my spirit was... I got a new body," Diego finished as he went to face her.

"That sounds.. Absurdly smart for a human. I'm a bit impressed, I'll admit." Nodding her head, she took a moment to look him over again. If that was the exact way he'd looked as a human, it made perfect sense he would have done a lot of labor. He was quite in shape, and her lack of intimacy made certain to point that out to her brain. Shoving the thought away with an internal groan, she frowned when his expression changed.

"I meant what you had at the hotel. I was joking about the other stuff." While she had no wish to see her own family, she could sympathize with his inability to see his. What didn't make sense, however, was why they didn't change his appearance to avoid him being spotted. Or had they? "Huh. That's.. Interesting." She had nearly forgotten how selfless humans could be at times. "So is this not what you looked like before?" She waved a hand in his direction. "Or did they essentially copy your old one and stick your soul in it?"

"More or less. I was actually pretty chubby when I was younger though I did lose some weight back near the end of high school and the beginning of college. I guess when I died, I ended up in what could be considered a perfectly healthy version of my body," Diego explained to her, having a rather far-off look in his eye. It did explain why some of his shrits fit him a bit odd. He wad always a large so he wore those, even of he could probably wear medium or so on though he preferred it. "Humanborn angels are reborn into the 'best' versions of their former body," he added to her.

"Why did you ask me on my appearance?" Diego asked a bit confused as he was thinking though he wondered if it had to do with his family. "If it's about my family, well, humanborn angels aren't allowed to contact anyone of their old lives. Some of us have managed to sorta of do it indirectly but even then, most do not see much point since we wouldn't be able to interact them unless in dire emergancies and even then those have special conditions," he noted.

"Interesting." It was interesting, she would agree with that. The sudden change in his expression threw her off though, and she looked him over again briefly. "I guess better to have the healthier, better version." She shrugged. "Just curious. I don't really talk to anyone, and especially not angels, so I don't know much about how that stuff works. The last time I spoke this long with an angel, it was probably six thousand years ago." Oh, did that make her feel ancient compared to him. She was ancient, in a way, but now she felt it.

"I haven't always looked like this, either." She shrugged. "I don't remember what I looked like before all of this. Occasionally I get a memory of seeing myself in the water, but nothing clear. I'm sure my skin was much darker, but past that I can't remember. It's been so long looking like this, and I'll look like this for the rest of my existence. It's not a terrible looking body, I guess."

"Yeah, that's true," Diego chuckled in what Lilith said in regards to having a better version of his old physical self. He did raise his eyebrows when she mentioned how long it has been since she talked to an angel and it was a reminder of how lonely she was in terms of talking to people. Also, a reminder of how old she was ad he saw her expression change enough that she felt old in that moment despite her attractive and youthful appearance.

Speaking of though, he looked intribued in how she could've looked like. Granted, he could definitely have a better idea of how she looked like regarding skin color and what not. "You do look really nice," he complimented her with a smile as he went over to help clean up a bit more. "What else would you wanna know?" he asked her, willing to open up to help her while they were spending time together and figuring stuff out. He did wanna go out with her a bit.

"How about we go out today and spend some time together? It would be an excellent way for us to get to know each other," Diego suggested to her with a smile on his face.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom