Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Let He Who Cast the First Stone (MysteriousD x Degusaurusrex)

Degusaurusrex

Supernova
lilith_by_donatelladrago_d33mg0o-fullview.jpg

Name: Lilith, mother of demons
Species: Demon
Age: Around 6,000; following the timeline of Adam and Eve
Traits: Fangs, claws, and the need for blood similar to a vampire. Limited teleportation ability.
Lack of blood leads to loss of strength and less enhanced senses, causes slower healing time for any injuries.
Origin: Earth

Let he who cast the first stone...

August 22nd; nighttime

“Cain.. I left you millennia ago. Can I not just have peace?”

“But dear wife, what peace could the mother of demons possibly hope to have?”

“Says the man who was tempted into becoming a kin killer.”

“Says the woman who tempted me.”

“Get the fuck out of my house.”

Glass hit the wall and shattered, the pieces glinting under the living room light as the dark haired woman growled. A flicker of red passed through blue-gray eyes, focused on the man lounging on her couch. His head was cocked to the side from where he'd avoided the glass, an obnoxious grin spread across his face.

“You missed, wife.

“I won't next time, murderer. Now Get. Out. Of. My. House.”

A heavy sigh passed through the man's lips as he took his time standing, stretching out as he winked at her. With a mock bow in her direction, he slipped through a small rift in the air and disappeared. A loud growl sounded as Lilith stared at the broken glass behind the couch, skirting around to begin picking up the pieces.

“Thousands of years and the bastard can't leave me alone..” It had been millennia since she'd left her husband, abandoned her own family line and the temptation of creating more demons. While Cain was more than happy to continue wreaking havoc in secrecy, her intention was to lead a peaceful life away from her long lasting reputation. Collecting the glass as best she could, the pieces were deposited in the kitchen trash before she thudded up the stairs angrily. The bedroom door flung open, leaving a dent in the wall behind it as she entered. A string of furious Latin spilled forth as she yanked open dresser drawers, flinging clothes about as she searched for a proper outfit. With the weather slowly cooling down she was forced into warmer clothing, more so for the sake of normalcy than anything. Several pairs of jeans hit the floor before she settled on a pair of blue boot cut ones, struggling into them with a grunt.

“Humans and their clothes.” It didn't matter how much time passed, every new generation came up with new, equally uncomfortable clothing. The bras seemed to be the worst, although they had come in handy many times when attracting prey for a meal. The garment went on, a form fitting black crop top covering it before she was grabbing a gray button up jacket. Socks and a pair of black boots followed before she ran a brush through long hair, thundering back down the stairs in search of her things. Phone, wallet, keys, the necessities of the modern era. While she also owned a car for conveniences such as shopping, it was rarely used for trips to the bars. Slipping through a rift was easy enough in the night, covered by darkness and the incoherence of the drunks around her. After all, who would believe a drunkard that they saw someone vanish into thin air?

The lights were turned off, a short wave of heat surrounding her as she stepped through the rift and landed in the familiar dark alley. It ran between one of the bars she frequented and a small convenience store, giving way for several needs of people wandering the area. Smoothing down the jacket and pushing the hood back from her head, Lilith stepped out of the alley casually and rounded to the front of the bar. It was loud, such so that her sensitive hearing took a moment to adjust to the chatter as she pushed open the door. The heavy smell of smoke and alcohol hit her all at once and she paused, clearing her head before approaching the counter and taking a seat on a stool.

“Hey, Lil! Good to see you back!” She nodded stiffly to the bartender, holding her hand several inches above the counter to signal her drink order. “Tall whiskey again? You got it, babe!” The gray haired man grinned and moved around behind the counter, filling different drink orders before setting a tall glass of dark liquid on a coaster before her. “First one's on the house, you can handle the tab for the rest, later.” Her lips quirked in a barely there smile, her head nodding as she knocked back half the drink in one go. She could spot the bartender already mixing her another one, shaking his head as he bellowed with laughter at another customer. The rest of her drink went down with a familiar burn, the glass slid across the counter and swiftly replaced with a new one.

“Thanks, Jerry.”

August was warm, least back in the Deep South... even October could be pretty warm in the beginning though given how crazy the weather is, who can say? Here meanwhile, it is a little more consistent the weather. He wondered through the city minding his own business even if people would sometimes stare at him. Some would even come up to him. The are just fascinated in him. Something about him just intrigued people. He could not help but laugh a little. It was quite the contrary given how he used to be in the background. Now granted, that's sometimes still the case and he often enjoyed watching the world from the background.

That's what he mainly did nowadays. He was a watcher now after all.

His name was Diego Vendrix and he was once human. Until he died. And now he's an angel.

He died trying to save someone from a fire and he got them out of the way before the building collapsed. In a moment of willpower, he tried holding it up and managing to for several seconds, enough for the last people to get out before it all came and crushed him. However, he possessed a strong will and he was made into an angel as a result until he decided to retire to the afterlife.

He wore what he usually wore. A t-shirt of his prvious life covered with a black jacket along with some cargo pants and some atheltic shoes. Of course, he did have the aura of an angel, but most people did not know except for the special... and of the course the nonhumans could figure it out after a while. Human-born angels were a wild card.

He entered a bar and decided to sit down at a place and quietly ordered a lemonade and looking around. He kept to himself though he wondered if who he was trailing would notice him. Human angels were like butlers or custodians. Beneath notice. Meant he could do a lot of stuff. Like keeping an eye on Lilith,

"You didn't drive tonight, didya Lil?" She stared at Jerry over her glass, a dark eyebrow raising slowly. His hands immediately went up, palms out, as a sign of surrender. "I'm just askin', darlin'! You're having an awful lot tonight."

"Jerry, I never drive. And this is only drink.. What, three?"

"Five, darlin'."

"Okay, five." It wasn't as if she counted them, not with the way her body processed it. While she could get hungover just as much as humans could, there was never any danger of it killing her. The worst that could happen was the rift tossed her somewhere other than her house, and she had to try again. With that in mind, she set down her current glass with a loud thunk and stared around the bar. "Busy tonight, huh?" Jerry shrugged, drying off a glass as he spotted someone waving him down.

"Duty calls, sweets. Let me know when you're ready to order another, or cash out." She nodded at him, taking in the scene of the bar around her. There was a wide variety of people there, from tables of rowdy men to groups of women obviously meeting for drinks after a long day at work. It was easy to spot several of the regulars from her many visits there, but there was a handful of new faces there. Most of them were chatting away with friends, but there was one in particular that was sitting by himself. Drinking lemonade, no less. Who the hell drank lemonade at a bar?

Looking at him with a mixture of curiosity and suspicion, Lilith knocked back the remainder of her drink and held up a hand towards Jerry. He held up a finger to signal it would be just a moment, while she was busy glancing at the new man from the corner of her eye. Whoever he was, she wasn't sure what to think of him sitting alone sipping away on the overly tart drink.

Diego Vendrix enjoyed his sparkling lemonade. It is fizzy and refreshing, sweet yet tart. It is quite a nice beverage to be enjoying on such a nice day today. However, he did take a glance at the woman who is looking at him. At first glance himself, Diego looked a little out of place, albet for different reasons. He looked like a man in his early 20s though that can only be distinguished because of well-groomed beard stubble. If he shaved though, he would look like a high schooler thanks to his slightly boyish face. His brown eyes contained a warmth complimented by his smile and topped with some dark brown or even black hair. His skin was pretty tan though the sort of tan that comes from being outside for a while.

Granted, he did not look like the vision of Mexicans most people have, but that is more because he got it from his mom who has some distant if notable Spanish blood. However, him being tan and subtle features show he is not white . Well, he looked like he did.

He looked like the type who did not frequent bar, but most normaly people paid him no mind, though enough for him to be able to order some food for himself. It was a bar that people freqiented so there is food like burgers or such. He is about to indulge into his burger before he noted someone was looking at him. The woman that he was keeping an eye. He went back to eating though if Lilith was quick enoiugh, she could see the quick gleam of gold in his eye, showing that he was not human.

Her new drink arrived shortly after she'd ordered it, and she sipped at it while continuing to inspect the newcomer. He didn't look like the typical human there, skin darker and features slightly foreign. He either wasn't from the country, or his parents hadn't been. Whatever the case, it was of little concern to her. He was just a human, and her only train of thought was the color she'd seen flash in his eyes. She'd nearly thought it a trick of the light, but it didn't seem probably. No, there was something different about him. He wasn't human. What he was, was a mystery. There were plenty of creatures skulking around that could explain the color, but none of their smells clung to him, at least from what she could tell.

"Hmm." Knocking back the rest of her drink and raising her hand yet again even as her head swam pleasant, Lilith debated what to do. Despite being drunk, she could probably open at least a small rift to get her home, or at least close enough. She could stay and try to figure out what he wanted, if he was there for her. It seemed too large a coincidence for another non human entity to be in the same bar as hers, and she let out a huff.

"Go ahead and give me my tab after that drink, hon. I'll be heading out shortly, I think."

Diego began eating his bar-grill burger. It was definitely among the better burgers he had and was savoring the test. Coming up with money was pretty easily, especially since he wasn't breaking any rules for this. Meanwhile, he kept to himself while keeping an eye over for the demonic woman as best as he could. He saw that she was getting pretty drunk and he wondered what she would be doing. Him keeping an eye on Lilth was in part because of the rumors that she was beign stalked by some demons or even Cain himself.

He was not sure of the rumors, but he has seen some unusually shady characters in the area, so he was wanting to make sure though. He did not follow her immediately, but he was keeping track of her through other means. He just kept eating his burger and fries along with his drink.

"Have a nice evening," Diego said with a smile as he put the tip for them with a smile as he finished and stepped out to begin keeping track of her from a distance

Finishing up and getting her tab, Lilith tossed several bills on the bar top before standing and stretching. Making sure that she had everything on her person before waving goodbye and heading for the door, she kept her senses alert. Or at least as alert as she could after drinking so much. The unexpected visitor in the bar had thrown her off, and had she planned for that, her alcohol intake would have been far less. Probably. Maybe. With a shake of her head as the cool air hit her face, she tucked her hands into her jacket pockets and started down the street.

The smart thing would have been to duck into an alley and immediately open a rift, but she needed some fresh air to at least try and sober up before doing so. Even with the inhuman presence that had made itself known, she wasn't particularly worried. Whatever the man was, he couldn't possibly be stupid enough to attack her in public, could he? The street lights cast enough light to keep her well in sight of any humans moving along, although many of them were stumbling in a drunken stupor. Regardless of that, there were still enough people to keep her satisfied she wouldn't be drug off the street without warning.

Yet there was that presence again. Not right on her heels, but not terribly far either. With a roll of her eyes, she continued down the street silently. With her hands out of sight and in her pockets, it would take only a moment to let her claws slide out should she need them. Her hope was that she wouldn't, and it was all a mere coincidence. The chances of that however, were very, very slim.

Diego kept a fair bit of distance away from Lilith, more than enough not to be seen as suspicious by anyone who may be looking at them out i public. Diego saw that people were wallking drunk and he could not help himself. He used his holy powers to pat them on the shoulder or keep them from falling. However, the holy energy in them would allow them to reflect back on their lives with the motivation to improve themselves and get their life back on track.

He smiled as he saw them walk with more determination and conviction. He has just been walking to go there around.

However, he was not gonna make contact with her as long as nothing happened. However he did notice there was some other people around them and he recognized they were probably demons. He sighed a bit as he was prepping himself for a tussle that would be happening.

One of the thugs, looking human, came over to Lilith. "Hey, you Lilith, right? We been sent trying to find you," he said and Diego was preparing himself for when something was happening.

Oh, he was definitely following her. She just needed to know why. Continuing to walk in silence, she kept her senses open. There were demons nearby, but all lower class. None of her direct descendants, not strong enough they had been tainted into becoming one ages ago. All relatively new, and almost no threat to her. So long as there wasn't a large group to surround her while she was drunk, she would be fine on her own. It was only when one of them approached her that she stiffened up, looking at him warily. Although he looked human, she wasn't stupid.

"What the fuck do you want?" She'd been half tempted to lie and pretend she had no idea who 'Lilith' was, but if someone had sent them after her, she needed to know who. Especially considering there was more than one of them, even if only one had directly approached her. "Do I look like I'm in the mood?" Ignoring the rest of the demons that were hovering close, she stepped forward to the one talking to her. "How about you give me the name of who sent you, and maybe I'll let you live. If you know who I am, then you sure as shit know my reputation, and that I'll rip you limb from limb if you touch me."

"One of the sons of Cain has sent us here for you," The demon told her and Diego began noticing something was not right. They definitely were demonic, but something about their human disguises were off. It was good. Too good. Diego sighed under his breath as he realized what was happening. The folks of Hell have begun "recruiting" through humans. This meant they had the same sort of tricks as human born angels, which included things like masquerading their power though he was able to sense that while they were stronger than they looked, they were still not that strong.

The demon thug then took out a crowbar and began trying to whack Lilith. The blow was stronger than it looked. He saw a couple head over to Diego having spotten him and decided to not have witnesses. However, Diego caught the pipe of the lesser thug who looked shock as he saw the demoic aura being overwhelmed... by an angelic one. "Sorry guys," Diego said as he took the pipe and sacntified it, allowing it to whack the two who attacked him. He then ran over to help Lilith.

"One of my idiot kids? I'm not even surprised, but they should have known better. I birthed them, and I have no problem killing them." Which was exactly what she was going to do when she found out which of her children did it. "I bet it's one of the younger ones, too, trying to impress his stupid father." Why she'd had so many children was beyond her, but she'd been young, dumb, and in love. "Oh for--" Her hand shot up to block the metal from connecting with her face, the sickening crunch of bone sounding as she growled in pain. Of all the ways for her night to end, she hadn't counted on getting her hand broken in several places. That was going to take a nice, big meal of blood to heal quickly.

"A fucking angel, you have got to be kidding me. I'd rather deal with my idiot children right now." Groaning as she shook her broken hand with a grunt, Lilith took several steps back from the man. "Don't you dare. I don't care if you're some asshole sent from Heaven, I'll break your bones just the same as I would any demon."

"The boss wants you for reasons," The thug answered over to Lilith though he was being a bit secretative. He rolled his eyes at her complaints and smirked as he saw her take the hit hard. "I ain't one of your spawn," the thug said as he was gonna ove to try and whack her only to be blocked by the pipe of Diego. The collision of divine and demonic energy created a shockwave that rang through the area. "You're one of them... one of the demonborns... one of those fallen humans that became demonized after death," Diego responded and the thug looked surprised before Diego kicked the thug in the nuts. He was relieved it still worked.

"I'm trying to help you right now," Diego answered to Lilith before he took out a gun, a revolver. The thugs' eyes widened and left. "And the South comes through for once," he muttered as he put the revolver before he looks to Lilith. "You okay?" he asked before seeing her broken hand and wincing. He was thinking before he got an idea. "I don't know if this will work, but it could help," Diego said before offering his arm to her.

"Drink my blood."

"I don't really care why any of my kids want me. They can rot in Hell." All of them, at that point. Or at least any that tried to interject themselves into her life. The ones that lived far away from her and let her be, they could exist without trouble. She took another step back, yelping in surprise as she hit the ground, hard. "What just happened?" The amount of energy in the air had been absurd, leaving her stunned and laid out on the ground before she managed to get back up. Of all the things to happen.. Letting out a loud laugh of delight as she watched a foot connect with sensitive body parts, she snickered as the demon hit the ground. The pleased expression disappeared the instant she saw the gun, fangs bared as she growled quietly.

"Why do you care, angel? You--" Her eyes went wide at the offered arm, flitting around the empty streets before back to him. "Is this a joke? What kind of angel offers his blood to a demon, let alone me? Do you know who I am?" He had to after what had just happened, there was no way he was unaware. "You want me to just bite you in the middle of the street? There's already some random drunkards stumbling around." The streets wouldn't stay empty for long, not with how late it already was. "Even if I believed this, what am I supposed to do?" She cradled her broken hand with a huff. Really, what could it hurt to bite an angel? It couldn't kill her, right? "Just shove you into an alley?"

"Yes, your name is Lilith and you need help," Diego said as he had helped her up and his arm is still offered to her. However, he did make the note of what she said about biting him and so on. He looked around and did see there were some people lurking about. Diego did chuckle before he grabbed her other hand and led her over to an alley where it was just the two of them. He reoffered his arm to her. He knew the neck had more blood, but it felt a bit too... intimate, plus he figured the arm would be a good way to show trust to her.

"I know you need blood and this will help with your hand," Diego says to her so she could feed in peace and quiet. He was happy he was able to help her. He did wince a bit when he felt her bite and felt his blood go to her. His holy blood. Filled with warmth and goodness along with comfort that was associated with Diego's own spirit.

Growling as he took a hold of her hand, the only thing stopping Lilith from lashing out was the few humans flitting around. If not for them she would have already had her claws out, sinking them as deep into flesh as she possibly could. His laugh had only infuriated her more, adrenaline pumping through her entire body as a result of the short scuffle. It did a decent job of masking the pain in her hand, but as the adrenaline wore off, so did the numbness.

"So what? It's not going to heal it completely, not that little piss poor amount. Probably put the bones back into place enough to start healing." The amount of time she'd need to spend drinking from the wrist to completely heal her hand, was not something she was willing to do. "Fine." Taking his wrist in hand even as her eyes remained trained on him, Lilith made no effort to be gentle with the bite even as the blood hit her tongue. It was unlike anything she'd ever tasted before, and after a solid thirty seconds she reared back in surprise.

"That's.. Different." Holding up her hand and flexing it, she was surprised to feel it was more healed than she'd thought. Not completely, and it still throbbed, but the bones were properly back in place and less fragile than if she'd drank from a human. Body relaxing significantly as she leaned back against the wall, she let out a quiet sigh. "I need to go home. If I run into anymore demons tonight, I'm going to paint the streets with their blood."

Diego did raise an eyebrow on her behavior though he chalked it up to her being drunk. He then wince at the pain, but did see her surprised at the fact that she was recovering faster than she anticipated. However, he also noted she did not finish. He sighed a bit before he looked around to see if it was still them by themselves. Fortunately, they still were and so he had several more minutes for him to be able to try and help her.

"Then have a second helping," Diego said as he offered his other arm for her so she could drink more blood. Angels were pretty fast in healing, especially the humanborn angels, likely because of their connections still to the physical world. However, he also wasn't sure if she would be willing to take a second helping. If she did, he was more prepared for the pain, but did watch her take mroe of his sanctified sanguine essence.

"Would you like me eo escort your home?" Diego offered to her like a gentleman.

"Fine." Feeling considerably more relaxed than she had in some time, Lilith didn't bother protesting the offered arm to her. If it would finish healing her hand and leave it with only minor pain, she was more than happy to help herself. She made quick work of it though, rubbing at her eyes before shrugging her shoulders. "I want to know why you're following me, so yes, you're coming back with me. For now." As long as she didn't let her guard down and fall asleep around him, things would be fine. She had her claws, and her teeth, as well as weapons strewn around the house.

"It's a bit of a ways from here, though, and I could try to open a rift, although I'm not sure how well it would work." She could certainly try, but she honestly wasn't sure where they'd end up at. "So that's up to you how we try to get back there. I'm not quite sure I want to walk." Feeling incredibly warm and lazy, she stepped out of the alley and onto the sidewalk.

Diego watched Lilith drink more blood from his arm and he saw that she was feeling better and her hand looking even better than last time. "All right then," Diego said, wondering about this new change of events. He did not expect this turn of events to say the least. However, might as well given he was now caught and he admittingly had little else to do here.

He began thinking... He could open rifts... sorta. But only to a place he has visited before or at least has a strong connection to, so clearly not her house. "Well, we could try and order a cab if you don't want to. I can try flying us there, but my sort of angels really aren't fliers... least comparing to the tradtional ones," Diego offered to her. While he could manifest "wings", it's not like he used them much except for brief instances and he wasn't sure if he could carry here there.

However, the offer was still good and he needed to escort her home so she'd be safe.

"You're not flying me anywhere, I don't need to be dropped and break every bone in my body." Fuck it. Grabbing a hold of his arm and yanking him forward, the street around them disappeared as her living room appeared instead. Letting go of him as she stumbled and nearly fell on her ass, she groaned and stripped herself of her shoes and jacket. Tossing them carelessly on the floor beside the couch, she flopped down with another groan. "I am so damn tired. Whatever the hell's in your blood is weird." Sounding drowsy already as she laid on her stomach, she motioned to the arm chair beside the couch.

"Start talking, and tell me why you've been following me. You know who I am, you're an angel, and yet you haven't tried to kill me. So either this is a trick, or you have some sort of weird ulterior motive that I want to know about, now. So who sent you?"

"Oh come on, I'm not that bad," Diego commented before he felt her grab his hand and dragging them through the veil. Diego was used to the process, but it still felt rather weird to say the least. Diego leaned on the wall as he saw Lilith take off her shows and jacket before laying on the couch. "Are you sure you're not just hungover? And not sure. I never drank blood though given I'm a humanborn angel," Diego noted, realizing his properties would be different to say the least.

"No one really sent me. The Heavenly Hiearchy did not expect for humanborn angels to be a thing, at least beyond simple guardian angels. As such, we tend to be wildcards in their grand scheme against the infernal. Some stay close to their families. Others work to redeem others. Some try to live humanish lives... Me... I heard of you. And all the shit you been through and it bothered me that no one was checking up on you. On how you were doing. If you were okay," Diego confided in her with a look of concern.

"How can I be hungover when I'm still slightly drunk? Even demons can get drunk if they have enough." Her head turned as she gave him a startled look. "A.. Human born angel? That's interesting." She didn't keep tabs on angels much, other than to keep them far away from her. The Archangels left her well enough alone, and the lower class ones hadn't bothered her in some time. She'd proved over the centuries she had no more interest in violence unless necessary, and they seemed to be more concerned with the rest of her still bloodthirsty family.

"Of course you heard of me. Most people in the world of immortals have. It's a reputation I'll never escape, and with my ex husband's fascination with wreaking havoc, I probably never will. One of these days I'm going to send him straight to Hell." Even as she said it her tone was lazy, and she waved a hand vaguely in the air. "I don't really see why it matters if I'm okay or not. I'm alive and I'm not causing trouble, so that should be a good enough reason in itself for you angels to leave me alone. If this is some sort of redemption thing, I'm afraid I'm far, far past that."

"I don't know. Never drank that much to get near on that," Diego said shrugging his shoulders before seeing her note on the humanborn angel. "The same reason why those guys seemed stronger than they looked. They were humanborn demons. Some people were good and bad in their lives, but there were those that possess strong enough wills to keep going. And some of them choose to become well... humanborn angel or demon. There's no neutral party though I heard rumors they end up reincarnating," Diego explained to her, wanting to keep her informed. There were not as many people willing to do this; less out of potential and more that it was an odd sort of thing. Not by chance exactly, but something. He thinks a large group of people get offered it.

Diego heard Lilith explain herself to him in regards to being the ex-wife of Cain. "Well, the angels and demons are pretty set in their own ways. And the newer folk believe in new things. In my case, mental health. I want to see if you are okay," Diego noted before thinking on what she said on redemption. "Well, what would redemption mean for you?" Diego asked her, noting for a lot of demons, they did not really understand redemption.

"I believe it. They're certainly not of my line, they don't stink of Cain, or of the filthy ritual he uses to create more. I need to figure out which of my stupid children is going after me now." There were too many of them to count at this point, and she was regretting birthing nearly each and every one of them. "There's enough bloody demons on this Earth to start a war if they ever chose to. That would be a catastrophe." Possibly the end of the world, if it got bloody enough.

"Mental health." She chuckled, rolling onto her back to stare at the ceiling. "I'm about as fine as I'm ever going to be. Redemption?" She paused, lips pursed and brow creased as she thought on it. "It doesn't really matter what redemption is, there's none for me. When my existence finally ends, I'll sink to the bowels of Hell for my sin. I wish I'd never set eyes on Cain or his brother, let alone let the bastard be killed. Six thousand years, and I'll never forget it."

Diego saw the grimace on Lilith's face as she was recalling what had happened before noting the end of the war. "Yeah, most aren't really interested in open war. It's more of a 'shadow war'," Diego said, even using finger quotes when he was describing the shadow war. He knew the demons would likely win though he knew that humankind would get wrecked or something weirder would happen. He was trying to keep an open mind on all this.

"It's never too late for redemption," Diego offered to her with a smile as he looked at her. "It's not too late for anyone," Diego went as he went over to her, looking at her. "I'm not doing this for anyone. I like helping people and I want to help you," Diego said to her. "It's your choice though," he noted to her. Redemption can be harder yet easier than most people expect. "Why do you think it's too late?" he added.

Her head turned at the quiet sound of his footsteps, eyes watching him warily as he approached. Even in her relaxed state she was still cautious, and her lips parted to speak. Instead she found herself speechless, still trying to wrap her mind around the concept of redemption. Redemption was for humans, not demons. Demons went to Hell when their lives finally ended, and she was fully aware of that. While she had little desire to continue an existence on her own, she wasn't eager to sink into the eternal flames either.

"Come here, little angel." Shifting down and draping her legs over the side of the couch, she didn't try to sit up or leave at all. "Come sit with me, and tell me your name." Patting the cushion beside her head, she gave him a look that was a mixture of amusement and sadness. "Come tell me what you know of my line, what you know of me. And then we can discuss why it's far too late for me. The things I have done, the people I have hurt, killed."

Back
Top Bottom