Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Foods you will not eat?

Eggs, or foods with a large amount of egg, such as quiche.

Tomato sauce/ketchup is also a big nope.

Haha, love tomato sauce, but ketchup only on meat. Ketchup on pasta is repulsive in my culture :)

Never tried that combo, curious what I'd think of it but I suspect it would garner a similar reaction as how Spaghetti-O's taste to me now compared to when I was a kid, though probably not because of the chemical taste I detect from those canned pastas.

COTTAGE CHEESE >:-[ I'm pretty adventurous with food and won't turn much down but UGH.. cottage cheese is a 100% no. I can't even look at it without feeling ill half the time.

That stuff is pretty hit-or-miss for me, some kinds are really good and others, despite not being past their expiration date, taste like they're about a week beyond it.

I hate shrimp. I had a bad experience as a child and refuse to eat it every again. I'm probably missing out on the best flavor of Cup Noodles but it's a price i'm willing to pay.

And, cucumbers. No reason, just can't deal with texture for some reason.

I can't help but ask what those bad experiences are. I still look at my friend weird when he tells me that just because toffee and coffee rhyme, he tastes coffee when he eats toffee and so can't stand it.

I can't help but ask what those bad experiences are. I still look at my friend weird when he tells me that just because toffee and coffee rhyme, he tastes coffee when he eats toffee and so can't stand it.
My dad made me try it one night, and for some reason he bathed them in butter. I didn't know any better and ate one, then the rest was history. I upchucked a prawn or two and cried myself to sleep.

Well that's kind of how shrimp scampi is, but I guess if you're young and not used to it, it'll be like my first experience with coffee, where it LOOKED like chocolate milk but I had a rude awakening. I would hope the battered and fried kind would help but I think someone else also said it didn't help them with...I want to say it was prawns, but they're very similar to shrimp.

I forgot to mention, pepperoncinis. I don't understand the appeal of having them on sandwiches. I can grit my teeth and swallow a bite of a sandwich if they've been sliced up into it because they didn't remember to keep those off of them, but some places have an entire, uncut pepperoncini on their sandwiches and there's no way that damn thing's going anywhere near my mouth. It's like twice as salty and acidic as a pickle, kind of like green olives, but those don't belong on a sandwich either.

Pickles are a big never for me. They're gross. They make me gag. If they infect my french fries, I won't eat those either. Death to pickles.
Strangely enough I like kimchi and almost any other pickled veggie.

Also could do without mushrooms. If they're tiny and in a dish, I can stand to eat one or two. 100% a texture thing.

I'm allergic to fish and most shellfish, but I feel like that doesn't really count as "won't eat".

I don't eat coconut, cherries, kiwis, or avacados. I mean, I have veeeery few exceptions to each of those but in general I just tell people no because odds are I'm just not gonna.

I don't do raw peppers raw onions, or raw celery. For some reason they upset my stomach.

Other than that most things are fair game. I've eaten some things people find pretty odd that suit me just fine.

Oh! Cooked pineapples! That's a big hell no.

Edit: I forgot Chowchow, most sweet pickles, raw mushroom, Spam, black olives, "buttered noodles" like.. why bother?, honestly not a big fan of things with butter on them because it makes all slimy, white/pepper gravy liquid bread in bread, again, why bother?). Also meats cooked less than Well Done. I mean come on it's literally the only one with DONE in the name. For some reason I can't seem to digest the pink/red parts. I have tried. Just end up puking it up after about 5-10 minutes. Stomach just can't deal with bloody meat.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever eaten anything well done other than, say, hamburger. Steak should be juicy and tender, being cooked all the way through makes that not be the case.

If there's one thing that I can't stand it's bacon. It's just too salty for me.

Cinnamon
Carmel
Black liquorish
Avocado
Raisins
Spaghetti
Cantaloupe
Clams
Cherry Pie
Peanut butter
Jelly (any kind)
coconut

No spaghetti but all other pastas you eat? So you will eat things like Fedelini, Bucatini and Bigoli?
Not sure, never had them. But, if they smell anything like spaghetti, then no. I won't eat them. I had spaghetti so much growing up because it was the only thing my mom knew how to actually cook that even the smell of it now makes me want to vomit.

Not sure, never had them. But, if they smell anything like spaghetti, then no. I won't eat them. I had spaghetti so much growing up because it was the only thing my mom knew how to actually cook that even the smell of it now makes me want to vomit.

Alright, let's make it easier then. Macaroni, tagliatelle and Lasagne, do they cause the same repulsive reaction as spaghetti?

Alright, let's make it easier then. Macaroni, tagliatelle and Lasagne, do they cause the same repulsive reaction as spaghetti?
I think you may be misunderstanding my meaning by spaghetti. I don't mean the noodles themselves. I mean the dish. Spaghetti with meat sauce I guess some would call it. 😅

I think you may be misunderstanding my meaning by spaghetti. I don't mean the noodles themselves. I mean the dish. Spaghetti with meat sauce I guess some would call it. 😅

Ah, so it's more the remembering of how your mother cooked it, with the meat sauce.

Alright, if life gets back to normal, we'll go to Napoli or Sicilia and I'll take you to a few restaurants there. I will bet my money you'll love *their* spaghetti. Trust me.

Ah, so it's more the remembering of how your mother cooked it, with the meat sauce.

Alright, if life gets back to normal, we'll go to Napoli or Sicilia and I'll take you to a few restaurants there. I will bet my money you'll love *their* spaghetti. Trust me.

Haha! People have tried to shove their 'you'll like this spaghetti' on me several times, alas, I still hate spaghetti. If you think you can cure me of this, by all means, go ahead and try. 😅

Haha! People have tried to shove their 'you'll like this spaghetti' on me several times, alas, I still hate spaghetti. If you think you can cure me of this, by all means, go ahead and try. 😅

I don't see it as a matter of curing. And I wouldn't be the one cooking, only paying, lol. It just highly interests me to see if a childhood 'trauma' gives the same reaction with world-renowned chefs.

I don't see it as a matter of curing. And I wouldn't be the one cooking, only paying, lol. It just highly interests me to see if a childhood 'trauma' gives the same reaction with world-renowned chefs.
Why not? I'm up for a bit of experimenting. lol. I still have my doubts though. 😅 But, if you find me a spaghetti I actually like then you will officially be amazing in my book!

Back
Top Bottom