Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Foods you will not eat?

I remember a long time ago seeing shark steaks on the menu at Sizzler and I was curious to try that. Dolphin too. I'm not a fan of anchovies on pizza, they're saltier than the usual kipper snacks I enjoy from a tin but otherwise marine life has always been appetizing to me for the most part.

Here's a weird one: I can't eat raw, plain tomatoes on their own. Literally. On a sandwich or a burger, fine and dandy, but without being in conjunction with anything else, I can't stand the taste, and the texture ain't exactly pleasant on its own either.

I love seafood overall, but I can't do oysters: the texture, the look, just....:sick: Not for me.

Can't think of anything else I won't touch, but there's likely more. I'm usually not picky.

Prawns (shrimp), cauliflower and peas.

Nothing particularly against peas and cauliflower, I just don't like them, never have, never developed a taste for them like I did for fish and pretty much every other vegetable.

But I despise shrimp. I hate how they smell, I hate how they feel, and the taste is absolutely ghastly. I might be at a gathering and everyone is saying "these prawns are so nice!" They offer me one, I say I don't like them and not because of allergies, they insist "you just haven't had them cooked properly before" so I take a bite out of peer pressure and immediately spit it out. It's horrid.

Fried prawns at Asian restaurants are some of my favorite things on the menu! I'm sorry they aren't you thing. Maybe with that nice fried coating and some sweet n sour sauce?

When I first tried liver I thought it was kind of like a low-grade steak. I still like it and it's super cheap so that's nice.

Oh, I'm not disputing that it looks like something they would use as artificial human guts in a zombie movie when it first comes out of its tub, but once you cook it up it's a perfectly good meal in my book.

Any veg and most fruits. It's really bad for my health I know, but I just can't get past the bad taste of most veggies and fruit.

I get the raw veggies but there's almost none I absolutely can't stand if they're cooked properly. But most fruits, too? That's a weird one.

Fried prawns at Asian restaurants are some of my favorite things on the menu! I'm sorry they aren't you thing. Maybe with that nice fried coating and some sweet n sour sauce?

Tried it. Same result. Prawns are absolutely disgusting and I'll never like them.

Any veg and most fruits. It's really bad for my health I know, but I just can't get past the bad taste of most veggies and fruit.

I find it helps to mix it with meat. Stick your fork through some tomato then into a piece of steak or chicken. Mmm-mmmm! That's how I started.

And now, some years later, last week actually, I was in a rush and grabbed a tomato by mistake when I went for an apple cos I wasn't paying attention. It was messy but, yeah, when I took a bite and realized my mistake I just finished it.

With most fruits and veg, they can be a drastic change to your palette if you haven't been eating many for awhile, so mixing them in with other things let's your tastebuds adjust.

But almost always there are some you'll just never like.

Never had a pickled egg or a green olive? You'd probably like the former more than the latter.

I take that back. Green olives is okay in my book because its part of arroz con pollo. I didn't even know that was pickled

It's part of that? Maybe I didn't know what the constituents of arroz con pollo was just based on the name. Chicken and rice doesn't really connote any other ingredients so maybe it varies. But I doubt a pickled green olive would be a part of something like that, it would overwhelm everything, wouldn't it? Or they use them but they aren't from a jar where they're in that brine.

No I think its from the jar. Its just rice cooked with chicken broth that is super salted to give the rice some saltiness. it has cappers, carrots and peas and green olives and shredded chicken or you can have the hole piece

Hmm...sounds different than I'm used to. My foster parents just cooked the chicken and rice in the same pan and didn't add anything else to it and the rice was just fine.

I'm on such a health binge right now that I won't eat anything unhealthy..... BUT I WANT TO SO BADLY!šŸ˜­

Well this is more for like foods that taste so awful to you that you can't stomach them at all, or the texture just nauseates you that you can't keep them in your mouth.

I have an INCREDIBLY low tolerance for anything even remotely spicy. As in... need a drink with some brands of BBQ level of sensitivity, I also generally dislike peppers of all kinds and onion. So I'm kinda tailor-made NOT to eat Mexican food since that's like..... 98% of all their dishes I'm exposed to.

Back
Top Bottom