Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Foods you will not eat?

That's a damn shame, I couldn't handle life without Mexican food and salsa.

Not to say I don't enjoy like... mild salsa, avocados and fried ice-cream but... yeah. Not for me.

I do have a REALLY strong sweet tooth as compensation though. xP

I may have mentioned it already but my friends are weirded out by how sweet I like things to be, like sodas and whatnot, but they love cheesecake and that particular item has always been too sweet for me. Odd, no?

I cannot CANNOT stand sweet stuff. I love spicy and sour crap and salty. But hate sweets
[automerge]1585068325[/automerge]
I cannot CANNOT stand sweet stuff. I love spicy and sour crap and salty. But hate sweets

The squishy part isn’t too bothersome but yeah, the taste on its own doesn’t sit well, it only works in conjunction with other things.

I guess I should have been more general and said seafood. Crab is good, and is more versatile in what kind of things you can make with it. Salmon can be found cheaply sometimes, like canned at the dollar store; it’s by no means my favorite, I find it dry and not very flavorful but I won’t refuse to eat it. I don’t think I’ve had it fried but I’ve tried several other kinds of fish fried, maybe that will help the issue with tuna?

I've seen scorpions at a candy store once but I wasn't about to try something with a stinger on it. Even if the taste is okay which I wouldn't imagine would be great, I bet they would have that trait where they get stuck in your teeth and you can taste them for an hour after. Maybe if someone paid me I'd try edible bugs.

I won't eat onion because I get a weird reaction. It makes me itchy, sometimes even just being around it does the same thing

I will never eat chiles rellenos again. I had one a couple months ago and was sick to my stomach for a day after. It wasn't even good going down, I kind of forced myself to eat it because the combo meal I ordered came with one (should have asked to substitute another item for it but I was curious since I'd never had one before).

I can only eat so many green olives before the sourness is unbearable but I'll eat a whole can of black olives and drink the brine.

There aren't many I won't try. But I absolutely dislike super chemical feeling candies, also peanut butter is difficult for me (tasted too late).

Well there are different kinds of PB, like the kind inside a Reese's is way different than from a jar. I've grown fond of the powdered kind of PB that has most of the fat removed, maybe that would be a little more palatable?

There's a fabulous list challenge online. Of 100 foods you must eat before you die. The challenge being 'How many have you eaten'. I am unsure if I can post a link to it here though.

Linked on the risk of a slap on my wrist.

I am extremely curious as to how many other people come to.

Why would you be unsure of that? I think it would be interesting to see how many of the alleged must-try foods are something that I find to be right-out.

Wow, already found several.
-Baklava (I don't hate it, it's just not good)
-Borscht (I've come to the conclusion I don't like beets)
-Bread pudding (again, if it's a dessert I expect it to be at least as sweet as a cookie)
-Chile relleno
-Crickets (especially the big ones in that pic, I might crunch on one the size of a jelly bean)
-Fresh spring rolls (if they're not fried it's too much like raw veggies)
-Gazpacho (plain tomatoes with no accompaniment)
-Heirloom tomatoes (Same as regular)
-Sauerkraut (why the fuck is this on the list?!)

Everything else on there I'm at least willing to try or have no strong objection to. But I have to conclude the people who made that list don't know what the fuck they were doing.

Well I had this lemongrass tea that was okay, but I don't think I've eaten any dishes that had that in it. What sort of cuisine and specific recipes use lemongrass in them?

I went to a place that had gyros and out of curiosity I tried a shiitake mushroom one, and when I bit into it, I was convinced they had gave me one with beef by mistake, but they just laughed and said nope, that's how shiitake mushrooms taste and texture is, so it was basically a meat substitute. I was impressed with it. But otherwise just plain mushrooms aren't palatable, they're okay in a salad with dressing or cooked on pizza or when sauteed.

Back
Top Bottom