Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

help?

Kaldor

Sith Lord
hi i was hoping for some help with my rt thread. i was told my ideas are ok but i dont think im showing them in a manner thats appealing and it shows.

thank you i've updated it some and here's hoping it's better than it was.

Overall your RT follows a standard set out or template. I like that it is straight to the point and you have used spoilers to keep everything neat.

But.. you seem to avoid using capital letters at the start of sentences and you also don't seem to use punctuation. Given you mention liking well thought out stories, the poor grammar contradicts with that and it would put me off.

You have some typos as well, which again happens and normally I would over look it, however that coupled with the above sets off alarm bells for me.

Finding a partner is difficult though so it's something that just takes time. And I just noticed you have posted while I was still writing this.

Yes, i just spent some time giving it some TLC based on what Solo said. I wont make any excuses about capitals and grammar. My RT is definitely my Achilles Heel.

That's ok. Im currently going through and finding everything i overlooked. I'm happy to hear criticisms to improve as long as their to help not just hammer me down.

I agree with Solo. Cleaning up the RT is a good first step. Most will expect your RP responses to look similar in terms of skill. It's not just the first impression people will have of you..

It's also their first impression of your ability to write.

Make it count! ☺️

I just looked at it again. It certainly is looking better. I would go over the plot samples again and look at them with a fresh perspective. The stories seem to run together. When you check for spelling/grammar/etc.. Try breaking them into paragraphs.

I don't know what the generally accepted standard is here. I personally was taught that one to two paragraphs was semi-literate, with literate being three to six paragraphs and advanced reaching seven or more.

I think solo was referring to your comment on the length of the post. My question is you mentioned the plots running together. Did you mean they are all similar or just that I need to break them up into more paragraphs?

Is there anything more I can do or just wait for a partner to check it?

The plots themselves are fine. Personally, I guess, I break up responses into paragraphs based on when the focus shifts. For example, in the draconian one- it starts with a bit of general info about the world, then it shifts focus to the character.

Not going to lie, the app found 52 errors and I fixed them... I think.

Well, here's hoping. I've been out of the gamer so to speak for a long while.

"The rest is basic" listed on your likes, nothing is basic on a site like this. Interests can span anything at all and include anything. You need to be specific.

Mentioning you are literate and then saying you write a minimum of a paragraph is confusing. A lot of people see "literate" as being a RP'er who writes 4 plus paragraphs per post and is very descriptive. So I was confused when I read that.

Also consider mentioning what you like to explore in a RP. I know you have touched on it a little with the story lines and smut balance but where are you hoping to take your ideas? What is going to keep them rolling onward?

I took out the literate part. Solo mentioned it before that everyone has different standards and their idea of literate is different so best not to confuse it any more than I have already. I did take out the basic bit as well. To be frank I never considered the long term aspect for my RP as I've always written with the idea of an evolving plot where both people take the initial plot and expand adding twists and flavors not originally intended. it's definitely something to think about thou.

Back
Top Bottom