Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Drow Wars, Chapter 1 (Group A) [NSFW]

"For you, 'boys', there is no free drink for these words. We are not in that profession, and we do not know the prices of those who is." Aelandra regally replied, trying to diffuse the situation diplomatically, and if needed she would even bluff. "If you can keep to the pleasant conversation now and then, maybe there is some pussy to have for you later. Much later." Not that she wanted to sell or gift said part of her, if they was on the look out for whores, there must be some around, and possibly arriving later. But who knew, if they come off as good people, they could be friends, and with time, more...

Last edited:
The four men had an aura about them that seemed to make everyone else in the inn nervous. The man, that looked suspiciously much like the inn keeper and that Jinnie had referred to as Jim, seemed to be their leader. He was tanned as if he worked most days outside. He had a smile on his lips but it was a smile that hinted his own thought of his superiority. The man on his right was quite a bit overweight. He was picking his teeth with what looked like a chicken bone and his hands seemed sweaty and dirty. The man on Jim's left was tall and scrawny, with long dark hair. He was smoking from a pipe that had the shape of a wizard's head. And the man in the back had a thin weasely looking face and a body odor that was evident from several feet away. He was silent but with eyes that studied everyone.

"Ha!" Jim proclaimed, "I wasn't talking to you orc. What the fuck do you take me for? Some Orc lover? I'm not that desperate. But I'd pay ten silver for some good time with you elf girl." He said smiling his lewd smile at Aelandra. "Or perhaps show us those tits black girl?" He said to Iodae.

The tall black woman looked up at him. She had been ready to forgive their rudeness until they had talked like that to her new friend. Her eyes were hard and determined. "We are not here to start a fight. But if you don't go back to your table we will end it."

Perhaps it was the large axe that rested next to her or perhaps it was Bernik that placed four mugs of ale on a table in the other end of the inn or perhaps it was something else. But whatever it was Jim rolled his eyes at the three women and turned on his heel. "Stuck up bitches. We'll get them later boys." His three cronies followed him to the table where his brother had put the mugs. They sat, but their eyes kept returning to the trio.

Temmendra took offense to that, but supposed that was to be expected. At least the situation simmered a bit, and they didn't end up fighting in the tavern. She returned to her seat, and set the deck back on the table.

"If you don't mind, ladies, I'd like to read the cards again to see if these men will be trouble in the immediate future," she said in a low voice so as not to be overheard.

The card that Temmendra had kept hidden from her own eyes sat at the top of the deck, and she turned it.

[Temmendra spends 1 Mental Focus point for Future Sight to make an Augury]

"Do as you wish" Aelandra nodded towards the other two females while sitting down. For herself, she would finish the food silently, then would wait for them "I think we should leave, and check out the area while it is ligh. But before that lets see if we can have a room here, and if we want to, for the cold night." she would keep her senses on these three, and Detect Evil about the whole room, trying to gauge the alignment of not only the people, but the place.

Temmendra turned the card of the reaper, the visions and voices that coursed through her mind told her that the men would be a grave danger in the near future. However it revealed nothing about the nature of the danger.

There was no evil auras in the whole room. That however did not tell much about the people present other than they were neither evil undead nor evil outsiders. The ability was not accurate enough to detect the alignment of lesser mortals.

Iodae nodded at the assessment that the beautiful elf gave. "Yes we should get a room and then check the immediate area. I will ask the old lady with the shop if she has a warm cloak for me. This cold weather isn't agreeing with me." She said shuddering a little. "Unless anyone else need to stock up on wares then I'll go and take care of that. Let us meet up outside."

She got up and headed for the door, waiting a little to see if anyone followed her. If none did she'd quickly get a fur cloak from the shop lady and wait outside next to her lion.

Detect Evil: Detect Evil – d20PFSRD

Temmendra's eyes flitted from the card, to the group of men, then back at the card. It could mean anything--for all she knew, the men might accidentally cause the ladies great danger, though given their behavior, she assumed it might be a little more direct. They'd have to be very careful of them. The others discussed getting a room as she contemplated this, and by the time her mind returned to the present, Iodae was already outside. With what the cards told her, it was safer to stick together, so she joined her.

"So, not to alarm anyone, but the cards tell me those men are going to be very big trouble soon. I can't say exactly when, but soon. If we stay here, we might have to deal with them." Temmendra's thumb fiddled with the deck in her hand. "Maybe we should just go to the chapel and ask the priest there about the sword and windmill, and get out as soon as possible."

Cleaning her lips and fingers, Aelandra reply was for both of the other two. "While I am more resistant to the cold, I do find this climate irritating. So, if it is not that big of a request, could you pick up something for me too, Iodae? I will pay it back as soon and any way as possible. I could go to the priest and ask about anything, I am not sure you would be the right choice. Maybe you two can walk and ask around the village about these three?"

Then she gingerly stood up and if they intended or rented a room, she would not carry all of her stuff around any more. Her next stop would be to find that priest...

Iodae went to the shop to get some warmer clothes for herself and Aelendra. The two others could talk to the priest the likely didn't need her help. She bought two warm woolen cloaks that could keep out the cold winds and keep them warm.

Aelandra inquired about a room. The inn had a large room where the three of them could stay for the price of 5 silver pieces each. The room however didn't have a lock, only a bolt on the inside, so they'd have to carry their gear with them if they wanted to keep it safe.

Temmendra nudged Aelandra. "Two mouths are better than one, hun. Besides, I'm no stranger to the divine." She gave Iodae the silver needed for her part of the room, and sould Aelandra not protest, she'd join her at the church. Assuming there was a front door, given its state, Temmendra would knock.

As the two women approached the church it was clear that while this might once have been a place of worship it was no longer so. The building that stood before you were a gutted ruin. From the briary churchyard next to it, with simple wooden crosses poking up from the brambles, they immediately recognised it as a place of worship. Through the arched holes that might once have held stained glass windows, the duo could see a rough stone altar, undamaged. Standing behind this with its arms raised was what appears to be a human form, wreathed in blue flowers.

As the two stand there at the church - or what used to be a church many decades ago a man in his mid thirties approach them. He's wearing a black and robe and around his neck is a chain with a beautifully crafted blue flower embedded in crystals. Clearly the holy symbol of Blediwesse. His deep bass voice meets them. "Greetings strangers. Welcome to Bronce. I'm sorry the church is in a sorry state of repair. But if you seek religious services or guidance then you can come to my house." He bows to the two women, "I am father Bronson."

Again with the pleasant smile, Temmendra curtsied back to Bronson. "And hello to you, too, Father. My friend and I aren't staying, unfortunately. We just have a few questions, and people in town recommended us to you. Mainly, we wanted to know a bit about something called 'Starkweather's sword.' Do you know anything about it?"

Aelandra contemplated about of they needed the room, or if it would be still awailable for them in the evening, if needed... Finally, realizing that she had to carryall her stuff with her anyway, she sighed and told the others "Better not pay for a room for now. It would be no use for us at this time..."

Later at the church she was looking around, trying to see if it was just misuse and repurposing what made this place into this almost ruin, or if it was deliberate vandalism.
"And if you would be so kind, tell us about this area, who and where the lord of it? And what can you tell us about the old mine and the windmill on top of the hill?" Aelandra was not ready to just share about the monoliths or the Voice, and would stop Temmendra if she started to speak about it.

The warm smile of the priest is almost contagious. He first looks at the half-orc with none of the disgust the had shown her earlier, "I don't know anything about a Starkweather sword. But Starkweather John is a legend that everyone around here knows. He was a hero of old time, who came to the village near the end of his life, to fight some dark enemy about which little is known. He was victorious but the poison in his wounds eventually overcame him. He died in the village and was buried nearby, up in the hills. Nobody ever goes up there these days, as the hills to the west are dangerous – there are savage humanoids up there. And knowing the ways of monsters, the tomb is probably desecrated by now."

To Aelandra's question he said, "The town is under the jurisdiction of Saragost. But who truly rules that city is not something I really know. The city is governed by Murphey Goodchild that lives in the stone house on the west side of the town. The mines have been closed for over one hundred years, they were dug too quick and are not safe at all and some people think they are haunted by the ghosts of the dead miners."

He paused a little at the question of the windmill. He looked around to be sure no one else was nearby. His voice became more silent as he almost whispered, "The windmill. That's where that good for nothing Jim Oakenbough is holed up with his henchmen. I'm sure those four are up to no good. Everyone are afraid of them and no one dares speak out against them. Please be careful around them."

"Ah. The large man in his forties with a bad attitude..." Aelandra nods. "And where is this Saragost? Murphey Goodchild is in that city or this village? I think the four can be called savage humanoids..." she tried to joke, while thinking. Then she would let the other two speak, because she started to plan... and only the three of them, the ones from the stone circle needed to know about it first.

So, later she would say to the other two girls, that they should proceed to the windmill while the four are still in the village, and when they get home, reason with them to help against the other humanoids in the hills, to loot the tomb... And it is possible that a couple of problems would solve themselves. After all, they could take over the windmill, maybe somehow start bossing around these bad boys, and of course get the sword and keep away the humanoids too.

Temmendra listened to all that Branson described, twirling the harrow deck behind her back. "I think we got it: windmill and hill--bad. Just out of curiosity, what does Mister Oakenbough do, exactly? If he and his gang cause trouble, and the mayor is around, why doesn't he do something about them?"

"Bad attitude?" Father Bronson almost laughed. "Now that's the understatement of the year. That man is dangerous. He have almost everyone in the town under his control with his combination of bullying and sweet words. I don't have any proof but I'm pretty sure he had something to do with the man that went missing two months ago."

He let out a deep sigh, "You gotta understand. This town is almost 150 miles from the capital. Everybody knows everyone. And they cover for each other. I think mayor Goodchild is just as much controlled by this gang as the rest of the town is. I'm still considered an outsider even though I've lived here for five years."

A few of the villagers came up the street towards them. Bronson noticed it and quickly changed the subject. His voice became a little louder to make sure the villagers heard that he was speaking to the strangers about ordinary stuff. "So Starkweather John is the local hero. The story is almost a thousand years old. But he's buried outside town. His tomb is just in the outskirts of the woods west of town."

Last edited:
Getting most of her questions answered, Aelandra had nothing more to say to the priest - but all the more to say loudly enough to start a rumor. "Then we have to check that out for sure!" then she just smiled and nodded, finally saying her goodbies to the man.

When they came together, she had more to say to the other two in secrecy. "If that four has the villagers under their thumb, we should get ready to visit the tomb, and leave, but hurry up that the four could come after us, but not see us, just our trail. Then, if they still reach us in time, we go inside with them, asking them to help. If we reach the place before them, or whatever danger we find on the way, we should make it lok like we went in or through, then tip-toe up to theirwindmill and take over while they are differently occupied. And if they did not come after us, and we are sure they went up their hill, we can check out the tomb instead."

When the discussion was over, Temmendra thanked Bronson for the help, and wished him and the church good fortune before leaving to find Iodae in front of the shops.

To Aelandra's plan, she said, "Ooh, that sounds sneaky. But what makes you think that they'll actually follow us inside a monster-infested tomb--or even out of town? If they see us leave, then they'll more likely leave us alone, since they've self-imposed themselves here. I've known plenty of bullies and street toughs, and they don't like to leave the 'coziness' of their neighborhoods." Deck in hand, Temmendra pulled up the Reaper card once more as if trying to glean more from it. "They are a threat, but I feel like they'll only try anything within the boundaries of town."

"Still, they have that windmill far enough that they could not protect it if they stay in the inn for the night. There are humanoids, possibly monsters out there, even if all the villagers are cowed." Aelandra says to the others "I would rather get them and the village to be friendly and helpful, maybe we just have to find out how to do that! Maybe mayor Goodchild can tell us more. And we can ask more about the tomb and the dangerous humanoids too. I am not sure she would know much about the closed mine and the ghosts... But maybe they are not really ghosts either."

Iodae was waiting for the two woman. She smiled at them and inquired what they had learned. She had a handed a warm woolen cloak draped over her shoulders and handed a similar cloak to Aelandra.

"So the tomb of the ancient hero in the wilderness. That sounds interesting." She took out her axe, "And don't worry about the dangerous creatures. My axe will carve anyone up that tries to get near any of you." Iodae felt a kind of kinship with the two women and her sense of honor demanded that she'd protect them at any cost. "Does any of you need to prepare before heading out?" She asked, herself being ready to embark.

Temmendra cut her deck in her hands. "I don't know if the cards have much energy left in them. I might not be able to heal you like before without letting them rest a night. I can still draw upon other powers, though--"

She held up a number of implements that seemed mundane: a small brass bell tied to her wrist; a ladle hung from her belt. "These have some energy in them, just not the healing kind."

"Then get ready for the trip, ask around about the tomb, and lets start walking. I am sure they will follow. We just have to make the right tracks, and get away from any danger..." Aelandra put on the wool cloak, thanking Iodae with a smile and a nod "But this means that we have to visit the mayor now, or should I do it just alone?" beccause then she would leave her extra things with them...

Anyway, she would be there and ask Murphey Goodchild, even if that meant to visit the west side of the village and knock on the stone house. But seeing that they would leave the same direction, it was not that out of their way.

Iodae shrugged at Temmendra's concerns about her healing abilities. "Don't worry little one. Iodae's magic can also heal."

The small group headed towards the western part of the small town, to the stone house that was the home of Murphey Goodchild. When they arrived at the house they found only the maid in the house. It seemed like Goodchild himself was out on other business.

Iodae looked at the other two, "So do we wait here for that man to come back or do we head straight to the tomb of that Starkweather fellow?"

Temmendra gave a strange smile, like she wasn't sure if she should be amused to being called 'little one' or not. But she didn't object, at least, and followed after Iodae.

"I don't see any reason to wait, honestly, but depending on how long it'll take us to get to the tomb, we'll either want to rent that room and start in the morning, or go right now and camp if it gets too dark. I don't mind whichever way."

"Lets go now, at least check out the route, see if we can find it, or a camping place." Aelandra replies, mindful that the maid could hear them, then when they left the vicinity, the beatiful and innocent looking and sounding elven maiden added in a lower voice "We should start our journey, and secretly keep watch if we are followed. I do think that they will come after us, possibly for a raid of our camp, and we could get attacked by these humanoids in hill too, so before we get too deep into unnown territory we should rest and eat... By the way, do you have any kind of food? I am not sure I can find anything edible scrounging these parts of the world. I would be okay in a jungle..."

Aelandra tries to get Iodea buy her food too, and only as a last resort does she 'find' her five gold pieces - definitely just round flat pieces of naturally occuring gold. But then she would try to reimburse her for the cloak too.

Back
Top Bottom