Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Miami Beach University

Jason chuckled as she commented on him being a gentleman. He was a bit surprised as she wrapped her arms around his, though he didn't mind. Florida really was different, as women back home in Chicago were never this forward. As they were both leaving the dorm, he noticed other people were moving in, as well.
"Yeah, a dorm party would be a great idea. Since we're all going to be living close to each other, we should get to know each other at least a little bit."

When they exited the dorm, the bright Florida sunshine and perfect weather invigorated him. There was nothing like this kind of weather to make one want to get out and do stuff.
"Your brother was really cool for that. I owe him, too, now."
When she jumped in front of him, Jason gave her a big smile. He liked how energetic she was, and the flirty rapport between them didn't hurt anything, either.

When she said that they would play for first pick of the bed, he nodded.
"That sounds fun and fair."
He laughed good-naturedly as she got into a martial arts pose. When she did the spin kick, he moved his upper body back so as not to get clocked accidentally.
"Whoa, there, don't get too dangerous on me now, Chun-Li," he joked.
A woman jogged by and complimented the kick, causing Jason to laugh pleasantly at the hilarity of the situation.

Erin then made it fair by allowing him to choose from one of three games.
"Well, honestly, I'm best at Mortal Kombat. Deception, Deadly Alliance, Shaolin Monks, and Armageddon were all my jam. I beasted at Mortal Kombat X at my buddy's house. I wanted so badly to get the new console for Mortal Kombat XI, but didn't get a chance."
Jason seemed to be thinking it over.

"But of those three, I'll take Street Fighter. I'm real good with the Ansatsuken family; Ryu, Ken, Gouken, Akuma, even Sakura."
Jason laughed again as Erin did the Hadouken like Ryu.
"Hey, that was good. I almost believed that you could do it."
Jason waved it off when she seemed embarrassed.

"Don't even worry about it. I've been at McDonald's at 2 AM with a group that included several loud, drunk black girls. After that, nothing can embarrass me."
He gave her a wink.
"So you be a spaz if you want to be. Don't let someone else take away your happiness."

Jason looked down as she traced the word 'Turbo' on his shirt. His outfit showed off muscular arms and legs that he developed through a combination of martial arts and working out regularly at his buddy's basement gym.
"Thanks. I could say the same about you."
Jason had waited for hours on a plane to embrace warm weather clothing, and this tropical weather had been well worth the wait. As she got back on his arm, he couldn't have felt happier or more manly.

"Oh, man, ice cream sounds so good right now. I bet they have flavors here you won't find up north."
Jason nodded as she said that she wanted to hear about classes and his hometown.
"Sure, I've lived in Chi-Town all my life so I'll tell you anything you want to know. As for classes, I'm an Archaeology Major looking to get a Ph. D in that field. I want to see the whole world and uncover connections to humanity's past."

Erin smiled as Jason mentions her brother, "Yeah, definitely. We are pretty fortunate that we got along so well." She stares out into the campus plaza "He is two years older than me and he is going to school in Oregon. That was probably my one negative to coming here is that we are now on opposite ends of the country." She sighs "I'm sure we will face time and I will definitely tell him you said thanks!"

Erin blushed even harder when the woman jogging by commented on her pseudo spin kick. Thankfully it seems light-hearted and in good fun. Her eyes could not help but to stare at her tattooed arms, before busting out laughing at her tank top Dont Step On Snek...that's funny. Erin turns back to Jason, putting her hand on her chin before exclaiming to him "So, I just figured something out...when a woman who looks as bad ass as she did tells you nice moves...it means you are a badass." She flexes "I'm officially a badass. Good thing my foot did not connect, I would probably have sent you head flying back to Chicago."

"Ahh, for some reason I felt you probably played Mortal Kombat. My brother also wiped the floor with me in MK. I ended up just picking Sonya Blade and trying to punch him in the dick." She quickly made a mental note of him wanting Mortal Kombat XI.

"Alright Jason, Street Fighter it is. I do have 3rd Strike, 4, and 5 on my console" Her eyes widen as he talks about the characters "Hell yeah, Akuma is my guy! I do like Ibuki and Makoto as well, in the games they are in of course". Erin got a big smile when he complimented her hadouken shenanigans.

She laughed at his McDonalds story. "Gez, I guess your right, that would be tough to beat. Jason then said one of most sweetest things anybody has ever told her So you be a spaz if you want to be. Don't let someone else take away your happiness. Erin could not help to let her face give that "Aww" look before she leaned up and gave him a kiss on his cheek. "That...was really sweet...thank you".

Erin could tell he kept in good shape. Besides just by easily seeing his muscular tone, she felt his solid frame when her finger traced the lettering. "You keep in very good shape, that's very cool." Besides being a super attractive feature to her on a man, she always did appreciate when when both men and women tried to take care of their bodies. "Looks like we might have to find in there is a gym or track on campus as well". It was clear that Erin was into fitness as well. Her flat, toned stomach was easily visible as her midriff was bare.

When they find a place for ice cream, she looks at the menu "Whoa...Miami Meltdown...yeah, sounds awesome, two please!" She looks back at Jason with a devious grin "Yeah...I just ordered for you, tough break" She giggles and winks before turning back around to pay for both. "Yeah...no choice in that either, but hopefully whatever is in this constitutes as unique flavored ice cream...if not...well, ice cream is always delicious".

"I could see why you like Archeology, it's actually a very inspiring passion you are following." She starts to work at her ice cream. "I'm going to be going into Advertising. I always liked taking something and trying to describe the beauty of it, why it has worth"

"Was Chicago rough growing up?"

Last edited:
The coffee shop was towards the commons, a large building that housed one of the cafeterias, some more options for dining, as well as the book store, and a few important campus offices, like where you make changes to your schedule or drop a class. She had already tried to put some fliers in the dorms but that didn’t really go over to well. Melanie being short as she was practically got trampled in the dorms. Good thought bad timing. She had only placed fliers on a few doors and in the common area. After that she quickly got out of there and continued on her path to the coffee shop. This brought her directly in front of the fountain which had gathered a decent sized crowd. Smiling to herself she began passing out fliers to the people standing about giving pretty much no explanation as to what it was before she moved on to the next person and then the next.

Haunting her task she listened to Dean Thompson speak. She made a mental note of the meet and greet and told herself she would go. Not only to attend but it would be another opportunity to pass out more fliers. When the Dean finished speaking the crowd started to disperse and as it did Melanie noticed a girl standing fairly close to the fountain almost like she was waiting for someone. She moved over to her tapping her shoulder to get her attention.
“Here you go. If you or someone you know is looking for a new apartment call that number!” She smiled handing her the flier and then turned and headed on her way.

Finally reaching the coffee shop she looked around but didn’t see right away any where she could post her flier. She went to the counter and asked the guy behind it if she could leave a few for people to take next to the register. Once he agreed she handed over some and ordered a Ginger Peach Lemonade as well. Melanie thanked him, paid and moved off to the side to wait for her drink to be made.

“Where else can i put these up?” She mumbles to her self hugging the stack of papers to her chest.

By the time Anna finished unpacking her stuff and setting up her side of the dorm, her roommate still hadn’t shown up. Maybe they wouldn’t and she’d be able to spread out over the semester? And if she didn’t like it-well...Not like her mother wouldn’t gladly let her get an apartment somewhere. So long as she went to parties when her mother asked and smiled and played gracious guest or hostess and she got a C average, her mother honestly wouldn’t care...Her mother found it odd she had wanted to go to school at all...And what Anna had wanted to go to school for-there was no reason to go to an Ivy-League school and shell out that sort of money. The difference in tuition between Miami Beach and Yale or Harvard, she’d been allowed to set up scholarships instead…

“I feel the earth move under my feet,” she sang along with the song as she locked up the dorm behind her, and started down the hall. Anna noticed a paper taped to her door, and she picked it up, looking at it as she glided down the hall. The paper was folded and tucked into her back pocket. She’d check it out in more detail later. She got a few funny looks, though it could have been her walk-dancing or the fact she was singing along with a really old song and didn’t really care who heard her. If you couldn’t have some fun in life then what was the point? Not like her singing was hurting anyone, and she could at least carry a tune. She wasn’t caterwauling, so everyone’s earbuds should survive her passage.

She smiled and gave little waves. A few people bobbed their heads and she just took a hand and did a little twirl. She could ballroom dance just fine...She just wouldn’t didn’t do stuff that normally wasn’t learned in the ballroom. Her hips moved slightly, but nothing that would have her mother hissing at her. Anna wanted to be her own authentic self, and honestly-if people couldn’t handle her at her ‘normal’, they weren’t going to be able to handle her higher up the dial.

I see you snagged the good spot. Whoever got in first got first claim, that was the rule with dorms. “You don’t wants to be tripping over my stuff anyways. Over here, it’s isolated. Thank me later.” He chuckled about that to her. Wouldn’t make for a good first impression if she had accidently tripped over his sharp skates one night and cut herself. He shot Lily an incredulous look when she stated she would be up at that time too. To do what, a morning jog? Because she wanted to and no one else told her to? Damn she was crazy. Gordie couldn’t believe it at first. Coach said he had to be, that’s why he was going to be. But if it was his choice, he’d easily sleep till noon.

“Sports Management. I just want to play hockey but you got to take something regardless. Guess I’ll be a school coach one day if I don’t go pro.” Gordie chuckled, his ambitions hardly as amazing as Lily’s were. A professional dancer, eh? She certainly looked it. “Help yourself to them. Just uh, read the descriptions, ya know?” Gordie added with a small laugh. They had different supplements for men and women. Don’t want to be taking something that didn’t belong. He liked especially that she didn’t move to claim the washroom with all her things. He remembered tripping over his sister’s cosmetics back home with their shared washroom. Still, women’s cosmetics usually smelled better and he had no complaints with that.

They exchanged numbers, which was smart, given there might be any emergency or need for general information on something. And it was good to have a friend. “That’s the plan for after. Business first, pleasure second. Just don’t drink the city dry before I’m done eh?” He teased Lily as she got ready to depart. He shot her a finger gun as a farewell salute and used the temporary privacy to quickly change into his gym clothes, while packing a smaller duffel bag with a change of clothes as well as his protein shake. Then with everything prepared, he locked the door behind him and headed on down to the gym. Upper body workouts seemed fitting today, perhaps a focus on chest. He was sure to get a good lower body workout on the first day of hockey practice.

It was a bright and beautiful day. Nothing like dreary Canada or north-eastern American with its colder climates. He took a quick gander down his hallway, taking note of everyone who was arriving and moving in. Seemed like a very chill crowd of folks! Looks like all the stereotypes of Americans being rude and loud was completely baseless in his mind. He liked it here. No doubt he would get to learn about his fellow dorm members throughout the semester, over beer and other fun activities. Right now, he had a singular focus to get the blood flowing in his body again. Following the signs, along with a little help from students, he made his way to the gym and found it already intensively in use. Many fine bodies were in here, as well as those working hard to get there.

He started with some stretches, working from his neck down to his feet, in front of the mirrors. Then he went on a quick five minute jog just to get everything more warmed up. Free weights next, using lower weights in a more extensive stretching routine before moving on to find a bench press. Many of the plates were already in use so Gordie found himself having to wait on others to finish before he could add on more weight to his bar. Most people were in small groups, twos and threes, taking turns after one another so it was quite a wait to find a station that wasn’t using its heavier 45lbs plates. He did find one person working out alone, Gordie hoping the girl might be done her sets soon to allow the release of a few plates.

He stood nearby waiting patiently for the woman to finish but a part of him could not draw his eyes away from the spectacle. It was a short, slender blonde woman…who was squatting almost as much as he could. She was tattooed up and her form was excellent. He could tell too she must be older than him. Hopefully with the kindness that older age brought too.

“Damn.” He blurted out as the woman completed yet another repetition. “I wanted to borrow one of those forty-fives if you can spare them but I almost don’t want to ruin this perfect picture.” He said to her, hands on his hips as he observed Irene in her reps. “Hurricane couldn’t knock you over if it tried.”

“That’s nice.. I’m from Cheshire, in England?”

Will thought she was doing okay so far. A sliver of the future would determine if he liked her or not, and so he paid close attention.

Will noticed her steal a glance at his outfit, but he’d dressed quite simply. She was doing well until she said Fashion Nova, grimacing at her when he heard the store’s name. He then rolled his eyes and shrugged when she stated that he thought of her that way, it wasn’t true. His fingers wound into his hair.

He sported an offended look. He did know how to drive, he just didn’t like to. “You do know I have fifteen cars at the beach house to choose from, right? We could just take one of those,” he then picked a brush up to do his hair, examining his heeled Chelsea boots for any stains.

" That's cool my parents took me there when I was little,but why wait on a car when I have one right in the parking lot." Camilla said leading him outside " it's not my fanciest car but I think it'll meet your taste."

As they headed out she stood right in front of her baby.... " Don't worry I won't go too fast and scare you. Now what do you wanna get first. I was thinking decorations."

William blinked a little. Cheshire wasn’t a place people usually visited, he’d moved from there when he was fifteen. He pulled an expensive lip gloss out, applying a fresh layer and then tucking it back in. He groaned a little, following her outside. The car wasn’t to his tastes, he’d seen it before, his brother’s friend had one. He didn’t exactly know its name, but it sure wasn’t costly enough.

He then scoffed. “I’m eighteen, you knucklehead, I’m not a baby,” He crossed his arms across his chest. “Yeah, sure, whatever. Pink, lavender, and white. These three colours, and I’m gucci,”

Cammi giggled getting in the car " I was talking about the car my Dodge hellcat Challenger. It's the first car I bought for myself, my Lamborghini that my dad bought is on its way along Benz-g class." She explained " but you are a baby to me I'm twenty-one. Well that's cool it's gonna be on your side, mines gonna be lavender, silver and white..hope you don't mind my music."

She pulled out the school parking lot and headed to the nearest appliance store.
" Hey can you hand me my shades out the dashboard." She asked turning on her playlist when she stopped at the light
The first song that popped on was Emblem3 Taboo love
(You'll send it to me now if I delete it
But you'll hunt me down if I leak it
Finger on my lips I can keep it
It's out little secret
Our little secret
The way you hold it down in the sheets when
You come around my town every weekend
You give me a faith to believe in
My masterpiece your
My mona lisa)​

After another 20 pounds added Irene was in the zone. She watched herself in the massive mirror, keeping her body firm and tight as she lowered down the 240 extra pounds. It was getting harder, her legs and glutes screaming in protest as she stood back up. She grit her teeth and dropped once more, then again, and again. Ignore the pain, always fight through. Push and push until you can’t go anymore then do one more. Three more to twenty and she could take a brief rest. That’s when she noticed someone staring nearby, catching the massive form in the mirror. The fuck did he want?

Two to go and she saw his mouth move. With her music blaring in her ears she couldn’t hear what he said as she lowered for another squat. Her eyes were on the newcomer, not her form and she felt it. It was off. With a grunting huff she stood back up and slammed the bar onto the rack behind her, shoulder height. She reached up and ripped the left bud from her ear, letting it dangle over her shoulder still connected to the right, and turned to him just as he opened his mouth about wanting some plates and a cheesy lines. The twinge of an accent pinging her ears as violently as active sonar.

Irene turned to the large, muscled kid. He was younger, that much she could tell. Her eyes flicked down to his shoes and back up. The look was cold and assessing. She’d seen her fair share of meatheads, had beaten down her fair share of them too. Slow she turned, pivoting only on her left foot. Green eyes narrowed up at the kid. Well he was definitely prettier than most of the meatheads she’d dealt with. For the time she stared at him it might seem like she was prepping the right words to tell him off with. No woman liked to be bothered by a dude in the gym. Scratch that. No woman who was at the gym with the intent to work out; there were plenty of girls who went in their skimpy little sports bras and booty shorts who went so they could get their fragile little egos rubbed.

“Look pretty boy if you’re gonna stand there and stare you’re gonna be useful,” she said as she moved to remove the two ten pound plates from either side of the bar. “I’ve been plateauing at 240. I don’t use smith machines but I’m not about to break my back going for 270 without a spot. Two reps, spot me, and the plates are yours, deal?”

Irene didn’t even wait for him to agree. She nabbed the precious few plates he had managed to snag and popped them onto her bar. Six of them total, 270lbs. A bit of a jump from 240 but either she could do it or would need the assist. With the plates secured with clips she moved back into position, pressing her shoulders to the cool bar.

“So what’s your name sport? What brings a Canuck to Florida? And if you say just ‘school’ I’m dropping this on your foot.” She asked her questions as she hefted the bar up to balance on her shoulders. Oh mama it was way more than she expected. No giving up. With a before hissing breathes between gritted teeth she lowered herself down, fully expecting the Canadian to know how to spot someone doing squats. With those muscles he had to know what he was doing in the gym.

She got the 90 degree bend in her knees but up was going to be much harder. Her face went red as she fought to stand back up. It was a struggle but she made it up, careful not to lock her knees. A few huffs and back down to break that 90. Up again but she halted just over half way, that familiar twinge raced through her legs which gave an ominous wobble before she got them back under control. “Ok…little help,” she grunted, struggling to just keep the weight aloft let alone stand back up. Just a little pressure on the bar would be enough to get her back to standing. The bar slammed onto the hooks and she released a heaving breath, draping her arms backwards over the bar. “Fuck man….” She leaned her head back to look at him upside down. “Thanks…plates are yours.”

Will got into the car as well—it brought back memories. He’d lost his virginity in the same model a year ago. He didn’t pay attention to her words—except when she called him a baby. “Not my fault, grandma!” He huffed, defensive. He liked her choice of colour, though.

He grumbled, clicking the dashboard open as he plucked the sunglasses off its place, tossing it into Camilla’s lap. He then leaned backward on his seat. “Think anyone is Gay around here? It’s been a month since I’ve had sex and I really gotta bone,” the last sentence sounded abnormal with his thick British accent.

If he had to be honest, he hated the music, but he said nothing and just looked out the window.

“ of course I do! I have one on my shoulder, since she came out of Zeus’s head I though having her next to mine would be a smart thing” she flicked her hair to the side so she could show him the similar ink on the back of her shoulder. At the mention of him getting a tattoo himself her face lit up as she clicked her fingers toward him she smiled “ sounds like a plan, i’ll Even draw it out for you how’s that?” She clapped him on the arm playfully with the palm of her hand.

“Yeah man you got it!” She laughed holding up a rock sign with her fingers. “ nice varied music choice you got there, I like to keep it varied but sometimes you just listen to certain stuff more than usual” she followed him to the door and giggled at his goofiness, they would get on well.

“ Jinkies, c’mon let’s go find her” she jerked her head and made sure to pick up her key didn’t want to loose that on the first day. It didn’t take the pair too long to get to the quad, Athena stood on the fountain edge and looked around, no one at the bulletin board.. turning around slowly she saw the rather pretty girl handing out flyers and looking rather puzzled as if contemplating her next move. Pointing across the way to show Eren their target. Jumping down she weaves through the crowd of people and gently touched the girls arm before speaking.

“ hey cutie, are you the one handing out the flyers for the Apartment? What was it? Across The Street?” She tilted her head a little as if trying to tip the memory out of her head, her hair sliding off her shoulder before she stood. “ anyway, I’m Athena this is Eren and we was wondering if you be interested in a house party that will not only bump up your rep for holding a kick ass bitchin’ party but it will also drum up interest for your roomates. What do you think? I’d offer my services as a DJ and I’m sure Eren can help drum up publicity by word of mouth and stuff” She asked hooking her thumbs into her shorts.

Jason nodded as Erin talked about getting along well with her brother.
"That's great that you get along so well with your brother. Not all get along so well with their siblings."
Jason was an only child, but he had seen the gamut of sibling relationships.
"I'd appreciate that. Maybe I'll get the chance to thank him myself on FaceTime."

Jason laughed as she flexed and said she was badass.
"True, if your foot would have connected, I probably would have landed at O'hare right as the 3 PM flights were going out. Ugh, brutal."
The topic then changed to Mortal Kombat, and he sympathized with her.
"I had to get good the hard way after my buddies kicked me around a bunch, but I did and now they can't touch me. Also, given how brutal those games are, you get off easy if the worst you get is a punch to the dick."

He nodded as they agreed on Street Fighter.
"Best two out of three on Street Fighter IV for bed selection it is."
He nodded when she agreed with him about how awesome Akuma was.
"Right? Phasing through opponents for a surprise Dark Hadouken to the back is awesome."
Jason agreed with her on Ibuki and Makoto, too.

"Absolutely. I love how they gave Sakura peers her own age, established a next generation of fighters, and were inclusive to women all at the same time."
He nodded with a 'oh, if you only knew' look on his face.
"It was something."
Jason's cheeks pinked slightly at the kiss on the cheek.
"You're welcome."

Jason also appreciated the compliment on his physique.
"My friend has a home gym that I used all throughout middle and high school. I was getting so many gains and can lift close to 300 pounds now."
His face lit up as she mentioned staying in shape together.
"I'm definitely hitting that gym from time-to-time. Also, also...Morning run on the beach, I always wanted to do that."

Jason accompanied Erin to the ice cream shop, not holding back how happy he was to be with such a hot babe at all. Jason paid no mind to haters, living life to the fullest. When they got to the ice cream shop and she ordered for him, he responded to her devious grin with a mock look of despair.
"Oh, no, my fragile masculinity! Whatever shall I do?!"
He mimicked the sound of glass breaking and let his hand mimic the falling shards.

Jason was also okay with her paying if she wanted to. He had enough saved to get through his first year without working if he budgeted well, but he would definitely have to get a job his second year. When the ice cream arrived, he took a bite and his eyes popped.
"Wow, this is really good."
Jason was absorbed in eating for a moment, but pulled himself away to continue socializing.
"Yeah, it is."

Jason's face lit up and he held the spoon up as he was thinking.
"Yeah, reading about people traveling the world made me not want to settle for a job that chains me to one location. We live in a huge world and only get one life, so why not use that life to see the world?"
He took a bite as she talked about her passion.
"I think that field suits you. I could see you selling shampoo and stuff."

Jason imitated a commercial voice over voice.
"Our shampoo has natural vitamins and minerals needed to keep your hair healthy. Our model here will demonstrate."
He laughed good-naturedly.
"In all seriousness, though, you'll do great."
When she asked him about growing up in Chicago, he thought it over for a minute.

"Sometimes, yeah. Gangs are an issue there, sometimes people started crap with me for petty reasons. Overall, though, it was good."
Jason took a bite.
"I always had fun and stayed positive. I plan to do the same here."

Not taking her eyes off the road she used one hand to flick open her shades pulling them on.
" Okay, I can tell you ain't feeling E3 and since it's yo first time in my ride, pair your devices and play some tunes. Nothing slow or lame, because if it's either I will take over." She said following the GPS.... " And if you call me Grandma again I will personally whoop you ass. We Gucci."

Not really fully listening only hearing some of his his words like "gay" and "bone"...
" Okay, I'm gonna admit I wasn't paying attention...but there's this gay club my bestie use to take me and Florida's LGBT community is off the chain lit okay. Just know you don't have to hide who you are around me....I'm pansexual myself....Fuck I missed the turn. Let me pay attention to the road and I'll fill you in later." She said popping a quick U-turn

The cyberpunk's lips couldn't help but to curve into a smirk when Athena told him that she literally had a picture of the diety with her namesake next to her own head. "That's genius ! " He chuckled as she flicked the crimson strands to the side to show proof of it. Eren's hues were then drawn to the image of the Goddess of Wisdom engraved into Athena's shoulder. It was skillfully detailed. Whoever was responsible for the original sketching was hella talented. He assumed that she had customized her own tattoo as he told her it was "Sick!".

However, there was something missing. He figured he'd tell her what his suggestion was later whenever they decided to hit up the local tattoo parlor. After telling her he wanted to get inked as well- he felt her palm connect with his forearm. Eren's heart skipped a beat as she offered to sketch his first tattoo.

"You will? That would be dope! "

“Yeah man you got it!”

She laughed & flashed him a rocker sign. He nodded his head in agreement as he headed for the door. "Yeah, you're right. The kind of music I listen to does depends on what mood I'm in & whatever I'm in the mood for." He told her right before he headed for the door. Eren heard her giggling childishly behind his back at his imitation of Shaggy and smiled as she stuck her glasses up on her forehead & responded with 'Jinkies.' He decided that they were quite the goofy pair indeed.

Sometime after they had discovered the notice on their door. They found themselves at a large fountain outside near the commons. The commons was a large building that housed the bookstore, the cafeteria, optional dining restaurants, and a few campus offices where you could swap out your keys or drop classes if need be. Eren & Athena had chosen to investigate the area around the fountain. The two were both scanning the campus collectively in search of Melanie or at the very least whomever was passing out flyers related to the apartments down the road.

Eren was surreptitiously walking around the fountain, passing by a bulletin board while studying the gathering of students for their suspect. But his efforts were to no avail. He gave a sigh of annoyance and was tempted to just ask Siri to call Melanie, but she had failed to leave a phone number or even an email address for that matter. Which only added to his frustration. The only way to contact her now, at this point, would be to walk a few blocks down the street to get to the Apartments Across The Street. He was on the brink of giving up hope when Athena shot her arm up and aimed a finger in the direction of their target. Then like a bullet she pierced through the crowd towards another girl.

"Bullseye!" He exclaimed as he made a fist pumping gesture and dropped his elbow to his side.

The girl in question was of a chocolate complexion standing over by the coffee shop holding a stack of flyers against her chest. By the time Eren had made it over to them. Athena had already begun talking to her. The dark haired male had caught the gist of what was said as the red head introduced him to the new girl.

"Yeah, we can definitely up your street cred & I have zero problems shooting out a mass text to the student body to help get the word out."

Realizing too late what he had just said, Eren tried to take back his words, but they were already out there. "I... I mean through social media!!" He corrected. "If you want, I could put your flyer up on MU's Facebook page where everyone can see it."

'Whew! That ought to do it.' He reassured himself. After all, he couldn't let some random stranger know that he could h- ... 'Wait a sec. What was that just now?'... A ferocious roar emitted from a loud, white muscle car in the distance interrupting Eren's thought process. The bass pounded hard enough to mildly tremble the Earth beneath Eren's feet.

( Emblem3's Taboo love )

(You'll send it to me now if I delete it
But you'll hunt me down if I leak it
Finger on my lips I can keep it
It's our little secret
Our little secret
The way you hold it down in the sheets when
You come around my town every weekend
You give me a faith to believe in
My masterpiece your
My mona lisa)

It distracted him long enough to spot a peculiar couple eating ice cream. He thought they'd looked cute together. A second later a much smaller carefree individual sauntered off in the direction of the RA singing an unfamiliar song- mentioning something about the 'Earth moving under her feet'. Snapping back to reality, Eren swiftly remembered that they were still engaged in a conversation with the other girl- trying to persuade her to let them throw a party at the apartment.

"I'm sorry. I kinda zoned out there for a moment. What did you say your name was again?" He laughed sheepishly at own his embarrassment and extended a hand to the brown skinned girl to shake it.

Last edited:
Erin gives Jason a stare down as he picks best 2 out of 3 in SF4. "Alright, now you have worried...you seem way to confident. Maybe I should make you play El Fuerte...wait...dammit, to late. Fair is fair, I can't wait!" She nods her head as he talks about Akuma "Right, and THAT DEMON RUSH" She hops up and does Akuma's back pose when he finishes the move "How cool is that!"

"I was on the track team all four years in high school. I did get a few top 3 finishes, but nothing special. I more or less did it because it gave me a reason to stay active. Erin's eyes light up as Jason mentions running on the beach "YES, YES, and YES! Now we are getting somewhere. I still need to check my class schedule, but care to have a run partner" She clasps her hands in a please motion before waving them away. "Honestly, I tend to get more out of the run with a partner to push me" She was about finish her ice cream before she stops "Oh, by the way, they say you can't run on the beach with your shirt on...don't bothering looking it up...it's a thing" Erin pretends to console Jason "Tough break, I know, but you have to follow rules" She teases with a wink.

Erin busts out laughing when he does a mocking sell for some shampoo. She stands up and cheers when he finishes, reaching down to throw a couple leafs at him "Take my money, I want to by everything!" She had never laughed as hard in her life as she has in this very short moment with Jason.

"That is actually a really good reason to get in your field. I have never left the United States, so it must be exciting to travel to so many places and uncover mysteries" She brushes her hair back from her eyes "You should start a TV show eventually. Traveling around the world, uncovering lost treasure" She smiles at the idea "You have the natural charisma and charm along with probably looking super hot in that Archeology outfit"

Erin frowned at his Chicago life. "That really speaks about your character Jason, if you can be so friendly and warm after having to deal with things like that, it means you have a great heart" She stands up to throw away their napkin's as they finish up there ice cream. Erin looks around, spotting a guy next to a fiery red haired girl as they seem to be engaged in conversation with a woman holding fliers. Other than that, nothing really caught her eye. "So Jason, anything you want to check out? Your pick." She walks behind before he could feel her jump on his back "Tallyhoo Seabiscuit...to our next adventure!"

Maybe Gordie had made a mistake asking the lone girl for her plates. Maybe there was a reason she was by herself, so cold and hostile in her mere look. With a final rep, the girl stood with the bar clanking loudly against the rack behind and took out her headphones, which made Gordie quirk an eyebrow for a moment as he realized he might have to repeat himself. He didn’t like how she assessed him. Or maybe he did. What did she think? Ever met a hockey player before? What did she do for a living, he wondered, with all those tattoos and muscle. Police officer? Professional bodybuilder? All he wanted was some plates to bench press and she looked like she wanted to melt him into pudding with her eyes.

Instead of granting his request, she made one of her own. His eyebrows piqued further in astonishment and she cited she wanted to squat even more weight. She was already lifting more than he weighed himself. “Well if you can handle it.” He shrugged in indifference, as the girl was already taking the plates he gathered for his bench press and putting them on hers. What if he never got them back? What a great start to the school year, getting played out like that.

“Gordie.” He announced himself. “Yours?”

He snorted in amusement and some disbelief (she wouldn’t actually do that, right?!) over her inquiry on his presence here. “You’re right, I could have gone to school anywhere but I’m here, halfway across a continent. Apparently it’s a great place to play some ice hockey.” He chuckled, as it was evidently warm everywhere except inside the hockey rink on campus. He moved behind the woman and was careful to keep his hands somewhere neutral where he could spot her in the lifting of the bar. He encouraged her with come on, almost there and keep pushing, keep pushing, you got it until she completed the two repetitions she so desired. She nearly staggered on the last but his hands were quick to help, ensuring she got the bar back safely and without permanent harm. It seemed her leg had lost balance for a moment, whereas her other had been firm. Must be some injury.

“You made it.” He complimented Irene, putting his fist to her shoulder and giving her a playful nudge, grinning down at her inverted look. “I don’t suppose you could play the caretaker now and make sure I don’t drop the bar and snap my neck?” He asked of her instead, as he unscrewed the various 45lbs plates and carried them, two on each arm, back to his bench press station which was still unclaimed. He was looking to press about 220 on the first set, pushing up to 250 on the next, adding 20lbs and 35lbs on each side alongside the 45s. Moving to sit at the edge of the bench, he leaned back on it, his shirt rising up to give a peek at his guts as he gripped the bar parallel to his shoulders. He could probably do a full ten on the first set and maybe get to five on the next. And if he was still feeling good, he might simply push a full three 45s on either side, adding up to 270 total. He’d be lucky to do even one rep on that.

“Ready? And you don’t have to brag and be curling the entire bar yourself you know.” Gordie chuckled at her from down below, lifting the bar up and bringing it down to hover inches over his chest. With a deep breath, he began to push, feeling the burn and stretch in his chest as he did.

She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around just in time to duck under someone’s tossed something or other...It went flying by her head, and barely managed to not hit her in the face-she wasn’t about to go hunting for trouble. Though, if something ended up hitting her in the face, someone was going to get an almost ten-grand kick to the junk via her designer shoes and she wasn’t going to apologize for it. She liked her nose and didn’t need it broken.

“Do you still have my email on your phone?” She thought she heard, and it took her a second to recognize the frantic looking girl. She turned down the volume. “Anna! Do you still have my email in your phone?”

“Yeah, I think?” She pulled up the browser, and sure enough-yes, the girl’s email info was still saved in her phone. “Why? You don’t have some weird cyber-std do you?”

“No! Ew! Gross!” She made a face. “I couldn’t remember my password. Can you download the Superhero Dress-Up flyer and put it up on social media? I’ve been trying all day to get into it all damn day!”

“It’s barely past ten, so it hasn’t been that long a day,” Anna said with a grin, but she downloaded the flyer and hopped onto all the social media sites the school was on-tagging Orientation and Meet-and-Greet and all that fun stuff.

SHOW YOUR SUPER OTTER SPIRIT!
Superhero Dress-Up at the Meet & Greet!
Prizes will be awarded by the Miami Beach University Communication Arts Senior Class!

“Done!” She showed it off and gave a wave, humming as she skipped through the crowd. “Gonna have to find a cape!” She called with a laugh.

Gordie’s face really lit up with the grin and playful nudge. Maybe she needed to reassess. She didn’t grin back at him but her jaw relaxed and her mouth softened up. His request for a return spot raise her brows in mild surprise. “How could I say no?” She said as she stood up while he started grabbing plates for his bench. Irene grabbed the remaining plates and brought them over for him while he slipped the weights onto the bar. “It’s Irene, by the way,” she said as they got everything set up for him. She hadn’t had a workout partner in a few months so it was a little refreshing to have someone to spot, even if they weren’t doing the same muscle groups.

Irene took her place behind the bench as he sat and laid back. She had to admit she was a little impressed he could bench what she could squat. There were a few guys she’d known that would have found some competition with Gordie. Her hands lifted, fingers not even touching the bar, as he reached up to get a grip. Her lips twitched to nearly a grin with his remark. “You don’t want me trying to curl this much just above your face. Few more busted out teeth and you’ll look more like a hockey player though.”

Her hands followed just below the bar as he lowered it down to his chest and back up. At first she was quiet, just letting him get on with his set. With the first set done she helped hoof more weight onto the bar for him before taking her position one more. Her hands still stayed near the bar but not touching as he pushed. “Come on now, push,” she said as he worked for five reps, her tone low and clipped. Once he got to five and put the bar up she helped add more weight. He better be able to handle that; her legs were keenly reminding her that 270 was no joke. “You better not just be trying to show off,” she grumbled before the set began.

It would be hard but she kind of had some faith in the guy. He wouldn’t try it if he couldn’t do it right? Still she kept her hands close but not touching. “Let’s go come on,” she barked at him as he worked the weight. “You gonna drop this weight? I’ve seen toddlers work harder! Push, fucking push!” Irene didn’t seem to notice she’d started to shout encouragement at him. If it could be called encouragement. Anger and fear were good motivators. “I’m not gonna grab this weight! You better push that shit up Marine or we’re send you back to your mama with a busted fucking face!”

Of course that was a lie, she wouldn’t let the bar smash his face or neck in. Assisted or not her lips managed to crack the smallest grin when the bar made it back to the rack. “Alright, there ya go. Fan-fucking-tastic,” she said and returned the playful shoulder nudge. Though it was more of a punch than a nudge. “So hockey huh? At least you’re putting those muscles to use,” she said as she snatched up her water bottle for a drink, superstitiously glancing toward the gym rat bros who just lifted for show. “Never figured Miami as a hockey hotspot but learn something new every day. Surprised a Canadian would even want to come here for an education. But I’ve got a workout to finish so…probably see you around.”

Irene turned to go and continue her workout but stopped. “Being so far from home I’m guessing you don’t have a car. I’m gonna hit up Target or Wal*Mart later to grab a fridge and shit, wanna tag along? Maybe find the local watering holes too. Mama’s gonna need a drink.” Brusque and abrasive as she might be she wasn’t one to let someone dangle out in the wind.

Will pulled his iPhone Eleven out, of course he had to have one. It had a white case with a pink pop grip with the Gucci symbol on it, aesthetic matched to his style. He reached to the Bluetooth settings and fiddled with them to pair his phone, scrolling through iTunes.

“Just a warning, most people hate my taste and I’m almost a hundred percent sure that you will too,” he informed, ‘Watermelon Sugar’ by Harry Styles beginning to play.

“Tastes like strawberries,
On a summer evening..
And it sounds just like a song.”

He softly sang along, his head bobbing. The song was relatively slow, but he didn’t seem to mind. Will’s voice was high and almost girlish compared to most males, but it made it easy for him to sing.

“Oh? Cool cool cool,” he nodded. “I still don’t get why my parents sent me here. My brother went to NYU and now he’s somehow in Harvard,”

Melanie was just about to head to the gym when two things happened. The first was a text from her dad saying he and her brother were going back to their hotel, and that he would see her 6:00pm sharp so they could go to dinner. The second was far more unexpected and rather weird.

Melanie wasn’t exactly new to college life and taking classes but being on a campus like this one was. Her parents were certainly not rich but had never struggled financially either. That was partly due to her mother’s savvy budgeting and careful spending over the years, combined with her father’s frugal nature meant she grew up never needing anything everything was always a want for her. When she had graduated high school she wasn’t exactly sure what to do with herself but knew going to school was the move, so instead of wasting time and money her parents insisted she go to community college and get her associates then if she wanted move on to a bachelors degree and would you know it. While completing her associates she discovered what she wanted to do and now she was in Miami to do just that. And making friends going to parties and general fun wasn’t high on the list of priorities.

When two people came up to her asking about her flier she was excited to listen, but that quickly turned into confusion and annoyance even. It was move in weekend there had to be plenty of parties going on, not to mention the meet and greet the Dean had just spoke about.

“Maybe you misinterpreted the flier.” She said and pulled one from the top of the pile she had been hugging to her chest. “I’m trying to find roommates. Not a throw a party and I’m not trying to gain that kind of reputation.” Melanie glanced between them. She raised a brow at the mention of posting the flier on the schools facebook page. She hadn’t even thought of Social media, Idiot that would’ve been much easier than fliers.

“If all you’re looking to do is have fun there’s plenty of parties going on this weekend, maybe on Greek street even?” She suggested mentioning the area that had all the fraternity and sorority houses “But thanks for the facebook thing I’ll definitely post it on there.” She said with a smile “Oh and I’m Melanie...Melanie Drowsten. You said your names were Athena and Eren?” She asked trying to memorize that. She was terrible with names.

@Damien_Akira @IfIWereInYourShoes

Lily made her way through the crowded campus, shoving on a pair of old ray ban sunglasses to block her baby blues from the sun. Guess there really was a reason why it was called the sunshine state. Even with the assistance of shaded lenses she still found herself squinting slightly in the light. The view however, was more than enough motivation to kick her ass into gear. Not being able to fight off the excited grin that stretched arcross her face. Where to begin?

She lingered on the idea of heading into town for a bit of dorm shopping. There was a plethora of things that was needed such as a mini fridge, microwave, and if her roomie was anything like her..a coffee maker of some sort. Nothing that couldn't be knocked out in a single trip at a superstore. Lily removed her cell from her back pocket, givng it a quick glance she decided against shooting Gordie a message. Afterall, they had just arrived and surely he was enjoying the gym and free time.

Heading off of the university grounds Lily slipped in one of her ear pods, humming along with the sweet sounds that came out. The Black Keys, an all time favorite band. Lily could only best describe her taste in music as being bi - polar, bouncing from one genre to the other. If one were to listen to her music library on suffle it could go anywhere from dubstep, pop, reggae, and rock..to the oldies but goldies. She was sure she even had country tunes burried in there somewhere.

As she walked on her atttention went briefly to the students gathered around the fountain. Passing them by with a smile, as she did to anyone who made eye contact. Her gaze falling onto a pretty girl with firey hair and some of the best artwork covering her body that she'd seen. The girl reminding her of her best friend back in Cali. Careful not to seem nosy, seeing that the duo were in a conversation with another girl holding onto flyers, Lily moved lightly around them. Stopping in front of another group she smiled, "Hey! Where's a good place for a drink around here?" Lily asked, fanning her hand in front of her face dramatically. One of the students returned a friendly smile and small laugh, nodding his head in direction left of her. "Head on down the street, bout a block away. Place called Mo's. Tell the bartender Cory sent you." Lily nodded and thanked him for the suggestion. It was probably the place she saw on the way in. "Thanks again, kid!" she called back one more, throwing her hand up in a wave.

Just as she was told, Mo's stood roughly a block down the street. Perfect walking distance from the campus, really. She imagined how packed it got during the weekends or events. Lily silenced her music and placed her buds into her purse, along with her sunglasses. She studied the area, quickly deciding she liked the vibe and could easily become a regular, especially if they had good food. Once she reached the bar she sat somewhere in the middle, feeling surprised that it was as packed as it was. Then again, it was the first day of MU and she wasnt the only student with a drink on their mind. Her eyes trailed down the line of beers on tap until the bartender appeared. Sliding the women her ID she ordered her go-to, Space Dust - her favorite IPA. As it turned out, giving the girl the name from earlier paid off resulting in the free beverage.

“ yeah that’s me, it’s nice to meet you. “ she nodded. Man did this girl come from a huge family? Was she the only girl? Did her parents give her strict instructions on what to do whilst at college. Maybe that’s why she was looking for roomates... she was brought back by her thought as she mentioned the social media page which also gave her an idea. Watching as another student passed them with a smile letting Athena give a friendly wink in return.

“ sounds like your well on your way then, apologies for wasting your time, maybe we’ll see you around sometime. Ever wanna get some more ink on that beautiful body of your’s i’d Be more than happy than to draw your artwork for you, c’mon Fred let’s go find the rest of the gang.” she smiled warmly and motioned for Eren to follow her as they walked she spoke.

“ good idea about the social media there’s bound to be loads on people online, someone is most likely selling there, right now though I am feeling a beer right now. Isn’t college about having fun as well as learning or am I basing my ideas of college from ‘ Pitch Perfect ‘? “ she paused briefly and shrugged “ maybe i could convince the dean to let me play or get in tight with the student council people?” She trailed off pushing the door open with her hip she headed to the bar and somehow managed to snag a free drink for her and Eren after going into a discussion about tattoo’s and hair colour. Looking for a seat she saw the girl from the quad, sitting alone which broke her heart a little.

“ hey babe busy day huh? Mind if we sit? Beautiful hair, my hair was blonde once..” She gestured to the seat next to her and perched on the seat edge as she took a swig of her drink. Wasn’t bad although all the drink in Italy was either wine or a warm beers that wasn’t too bad really. “ hang on a sec your in our dorm thing aren’t you? I’m Athena this is Eren we’re 101”

When Erin gave him a stare down, he playfully stared her back down.
"I may have, just may have...Played over one hundred real-time hours of Street Fighter IV."
When she said maybe he should be made to play El Fuerte, he grinned.
"You mean..."
He did a spot-on imitation of El Fuerte's voice.
"The Hurricane of the Gulf of Mexico?!"

Jason laughed and then watched her do Akuma's pose after the Demon Rush.
"Yesss, girl, that's it!"
He gave her a wink.
"Very cool. We just need you a shirt with the Dark Hadou symbol on the back and you're all set."
Jason continued eating his ice cream as the topic switched.

"Wow, I bet your cardio is insane. Or, at least insane compared to mine."
Jason wasn't a big runner, and wanted to change that to improve his cardio.
"Of course you'll be my run partner. With your track experience, I know you can help me get my run on."
Jason also was not going to object to spending more time with Erin.

When she said that he had to run with his shirt off, Jason made a show of thinking.
"Yeah, I heard about that rule. It's called The Reciprocity of Eye Candy, I think? Girls have to wear bikinis and guys have to go shirtless. We have to follow the rules, right?"
Jason gave a mock sad look as Erin consoled him.

"I know, these rock hard abs were asleep, but now they gotta show out for the ladies. It's tough."
After the cheer, he caught the leaves and tossed them up.
"Make it rain. Dollaz for days."
Jason then laughed, having so much fun with Erin.

After the laughing subsided, Jason got serious again as it became time for real talk.
"I've never been out of the US, either, so I'm really excited to get there. I definitely want to learn new things, things you won't learn without being there."
Erin's next words made him think seriously.
"That's not a bad idea."
He appreciated her compliment, thinking a Safari outfit would be cool.

"I could be like Steve Irwin. I could brush off some sand, reveal some golden mask, and be like--"
He mimicked Steve Irwin spot on.
"Crikey! Look at that beauty!"
He laughed, but grew serious again as Erin went on.

"Thank you, really. I appreciate that."
He chuckled.
"I'm not about to let anyone take my happiness."
He finished his ice cream.
"Let's see what else is around."

After she jumped on his back, Jason situated her and put on his tour guide voice.
"Here at Armstrong Tours, we have our customers' back, and they have ours! We offer views of the city like no one else. However, we do ask that you keep your hands and feet inside your seat while we move."
He then started walking toward a beach that he could see in the distance. Jason wanted to see a real Miami beach before he got down to college business.

Erin's eyes go wide as she hears how many hours if SF4 Jason has logged. This was followed by a giddy cheer as he did a near perfect imitation of El Fuerte. "Welp...you even know him...I'm doomed." She smiled as she knew he had a passion for games as well. Her friends growing up really did not, so it will be very cool to unwind during stressful nights playing a video game with him.

"I probably focused more on cardio than I should. It just always made my body feel good after a strenuous run, always seeing if I could push that extra distance from the day before". She reaches to his arm again to feel his bicep. "Deal, I will handle the running and you handle the weight training" Even though she was a runner, she knew he spent more time lifting. It would be a good mix to introduce both in their workouts.

"Well, of course! I mean it's an equal opportunity beach." She pretended to pull out a piece of paper. "Ohh...sorry. There is one stipulation to the rule. No exercising in a bikini" She pretends to roll the imaginary paper back up. "My boobs are definitely not that busty, but reach a full sprint and those babies are coming out in a bikini top" She looks at him, closing the gap real quick she puts a finger to his lips to make a "Shhh" gesture. "Just...no...bad Jason!" She can't help but to laugh. "Coming to the beach any other time, it's bikini all day".

Erin lets her fist knock on Jason's abs when he mentions them. To be honest, it was just an excuse to cop a touch. "Wow...damn...rock solid...the ladies going to be throwing all their bikini tops and bottoms at you!" She then laughed at him making the leafs rain. She was having a blast with him. He was someone she would hang out regardless of how he looked. Jason being super attractive just meant he got to experience he super flirty side as well.

"Aww...it's so cute that you want to be the Steve Irwin of archaeology. I love that you will say Crikey with every discovery"

Erin gets giddy with excitement when she jumps on Jason's back and he goes all tour bus guide voice with her. When he mentions keeping all hands and feet inside, she wraps her legs and arms tighter as her chin rests on his shoulder "Yes sir, I will follow the rules" When he points out the beach, she gets another wave of excitement. "Armstrong Tours are the best! 5 Star Review!" This would be Erin's first actual Miami beach experience as well.

Back
Top Bottom