Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Worth more than a thousand words (for Kevinn and Blurugirl)

Part of him would have rather had some time between dinner and the cinema to spend with her but if they didn't watch that one, they might not be able to watch it at all. It wasn't much of a choice but it didn't bother him either.

"Sure, that sounds good to me." He replied. Seconds later the waiter returned, bill in hand and Kevin took out his wallet. "Dinner is on me Mara. I'm just grateful you're here with me tonight."

Once dinner was paid for, the two would have to walk over to the cinema. It wasn't far so they wouldn't quite have to rush but they probably wouldn't be able to take it slow either. This time it was Kevin who took her hand as they began walking, wanting that warm feeling once more.

Mara blushed as she took Kevin's hand, but she also felt her heart fluttering.as they walked to the theater.

Mara liked the movie theatre in question. It was still new, and clean, and it had those seats where you could move the armrest in the middle and cuddle. She wondered how many dates she would have to go out with Kevin to where she would feel comfortable enough to cuddle with Kevin. She blushed at the thought.

There was a little line to buy tickets, but Mara didn't mind. She was just happy to be here and holding hands with Kevin.

Kevin didn't quite know what to say as they walked to the movie theatre. He was nervous and didn't want to say something silly. Before long though however they reached the cinema with plenty of time to get their tickets and buy some drinks and popcorn.

"Would you like some popcorn Mara?" He offered. "We can share one if you like. What about drink?" As he suggested a drink, his mind drifted to the idea of both drinking from the same drink, the same straw even. It would be almost like if theh kissed. Just the idea made him blush, hopefully not enough that she would realise.

"i'll take a bottle of water if you don't mind. But I'll let keep all the popcorn," she laughed.

As they headed into the theatre playing their movie, Mara noticed there weren't many people there. Well, that makes sense, Mara thought. The Transformer movie had just came out, and everyone was probably over there. Plus, it was an indie movie that had been out for awhile anyway.

"You want to sit in back, so we don't have to strain our necks?" she asked.

Kevin laughed and ordered the popcorn and drinks. The two walked into the room. It was practically empty. It didn't entirely surprise him but also made him nervous. He knew what some couples did at the back of the cinema so when she suggested the back, he couldn't help but get nervous.

"Sure. Yeah. That sounds like a good idea." He replied, the pair making their way to the back seats and waiting for the movie to start. "I'm really glad you agreed to this Mara. I like you." He said with a shaky voice and his best smile. His nerves were starting to show.

"I like you too, Kevin," Mara said. She was about to say something else, but the previews started, so instead she leaned back in her seat, excited about being on a date and watching a movie with a boy.

It made him blush to actually hear the words. Before there was time for anything else though, the movie began, the two shifting their attention towards the screen and to the popcorn.

A while after it began, he couldn't help but notice Mara's hand free on her lap. He knew it was the biggest cliche in any movie ever but he knew he wanted to hold her hand. With a deep breath and a shaky pulse, his hand moved towards hand, softly placing it above hers.

Mara made a little gasp when Kevin took her hand, but she instantly moved it so she could hold his. Feeling warm and content, she found herself leaning against her date, like she would one of her parents if they were sitting on the couch at home, watching a movie.

A warm smile spread across his face as she took his hand and leant against him, his own body also leaning against hers almost on instinct. He pressed her hand lightly in an attempt to show her how happy he was with the situation before he turned, placing a kiss on her cheek. It had seemed like the right thing to do but after it was done, he wasn't so sure. He froze in place like a scared animal, wondering how she might react.

When Mara felt Kevin's lips on her cheek, she froze. But a warmth radiated through Mara's body, and a broad smile grew on her face. She gave Kevin's hand a squeeze and leaned against him.

An intense sensation of relief ran down his body as she seemed to accept the kiss and lean against him once more. More than anything he wondered what it would feel like to kiss her lips but couldn't help but feel it would be too soon for such a thing. He leant against her once again and continued to watch the movie.

On the screen, the guy who was dating Scarlett Johansson's character had also taken her to a movie. The next few minutes were a montage of the guy trying to surreptitiously trying to put his arm around Scarlett's shoulder, with a series of comedic failures being the result. Mara wondered what it would be like to have Kevin's arm around her shoulders.

Kevin was wondering the exact same thing as her, wondering if he should do it, somewhat intimidated after having watched the guy in the movie fail at it several times. So far everything seemed to be going well so maybe it wasn't a bad idea.

Kevin looked over at Mara, hesitating for one last moment before finally taking a chance and moving his arm, placing it around her shoulders, bringing the two of them even closer together.

Mara stiffened in surprise at the feel of Kevin's arm around her shoulders. It was one thing to be thinking about Kevin putting his arm around her. It was quite another for him to do it. When she pulled away, she thought felt him stiffened. "It's okay, it's just that...

Mara pushed up the arm rest that had been between her and Kevin, then pushed up against him, under his arm.

"There, that's better," she said, as she got comfortable and turned her attention to the movie.

He cursed himself as Mara pulled away from him. It was too much. He shouldn't have done it. He froze in place for a second trying to find a way to apologise, to ask her to forgive him for pushing his luck.

Just as he finally found the words, things took a surprising turn. Mara pushed the arm rest out of the way and came even closer to him, under his arm as it fit comfortably around her. It brought another smile. To his face as he pressed lightly, almost as though hugging her.

Mara adjusted herself body position slightly to get more comfortable. She could understand now why her parents like sitting this way on the couch at home. It really did make her feel all warm inside, and warm toward Kevin.

Kevin could feel that same warmth himself too. It was a relaxing, soothing warmth. It made him feel nice. Although at the same time, he could feel different warmth. He didn't think too much. There wasn't much time left in the movie from what he could tell but he didn't quite want to let their evening end either. He was really enjoying her company.

Finally the movie and the lights came up. It caught Mara by surprise, who sat up straight, rather guiltily. She checked her phone very quickly for the time (and any messages she might have missed during the movie),.

"It's after ten," she said. "I guess I should be going home. Can you walk me?" she asked, her eyes hopeful.

A wave of disappointment ran through Kevin as the movie ended, knowing what it meant. It signalled the end of his date with Mara, or so he thought. When the girl asked him if he could walk her home he was only too happy to agree to it.

He nodded. "Of course. I'd love to walk you home." His usual smile on his face. As they began to walk out of the movie theatre, he took his hand once more as he'd done earlier. "Did you enjoy the movie?" He asked.

"Well, I'm glad that they got together at the end, after all the stuff that happened to them along the way," Mara replied, a little thrill coursing through her body as the feel of her hand in Kevin's. She giggled as she added, "And I know it's wrong, but the scene where the chihuahuas were chasing them through the mall was funny."

Kevin let out a soft laugh. It was such a girly reply. Not that he disliked it. "Yeah, that part was quite fun." He admitted, giving her hand a soft squeeze. "I've really had a nice time with you tonight Mara." He admitted shyly. A slight blush appearing to his face as they soon began approaching the house.

As they approached her house, Mara too didn't want the evening to end. As the young couple stood at the end of the walkway leading up to the house, she found the courage to ask, "Woud you like to come over tomorrow? I could make sandwiches and we could watch a movie on television?:"

Mara couldn't believe she had the courage to ask Kevin over, and her heart was literally pounding in her throat.

Kevin was very surprised at her proposal. He hadn't expected her to want to see him again so soon. Of course he didn't doubt for a single moment before replying to her in an enthusiastic tone. "I would love that." He was smiling like a helpless idiot at the mere thought of seeing her again.

As the two said their goodbyes, standing outside her house now, Kevin recalled any movie or series he had ever watched. In all of them, this was the most tense moment, the moment where he was supposed to kiss Mara. Of course he was more than happy to do so, he could think of no better way to end the night but.. Would she want the same?

After a lot of hesitating, Kevin finally worked up the courage, his breathing a bit heavier due to his nerves. Slowly he leaned in, closing in most of the distance, nearing Mara's lips. He hoped she would reciprocate it or he would just end up looking like a fool.

Mara leaned in the remaining distance, giving Kevin a quick peck, before she shyly pulled away.

"I had a wonderful time, Kevin," she said as she ran up the walk. She paused under her porch light, smiling and waving shyly, before she ducked inside her house.

Kevin found himself blushing as she felt her lips on his, the two meeting for a mere moment which felt like pure joy.

Kevin waved back at Mara before turning back and starting to make his way home once she entered her house. Fortunately the walk home wasn't all that long, his house being only a few blocks away from hers. Once he got home, he went to his room after answering his parents brief interrogation about how the date had gone. Laying down on his bed he grabbed his phone and texted Mara, letting her know he was home and telling her how he'd enjoyed the date once more.

He didn't get much sleep last night, his mind constantly re-living his date with Mara. He was too excited about how well it had turned out and the fact that they had another date the next day to be able to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom