Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Draw your own conclusion (for Tarrakhash and Blurugirl)

Blurugirl

Star
Shahlah Jacobson thought she had a perfect life. Mostly.

25680849-256-k683293.jpg

Granted, her life hadn't started off perfectly, mostly or otherwise. Her father had become enamored with an Iranian man, and Shahlah had been the result of the romance. But the romance quickly devolved into abuse and control from her biological father, who left her mother and her when Shahlah was five,

No problem. When Shahlah was nine, Shahlah's mother would meet the man who would become Shahlah's stepfather.

commander-pixis-9682-normal.jpg

Shahlah loved her stepfather. But she loved all her family. Shahlh's stepfather was a commercial artist who still kept tabs with his classical roots. He was successful enough that he could run his own business out of their office. But he also taught an art history class at the local college, and drew "non-commercially", as he called it. And though Shahlah had no talent of her own, her stepfather made sure Shahlah was still introduced to his world. He had not only taught her about different artists and artistic movements throughout history, but also how to appreciate and critically analyze art as a whole.

Shahlah had a good relationship with her mother. Mostly. Well, Shahalah's felt her slightly nerdy mathlete daughter should be outgoing, and she definitely did not appreciate the mostly frumpy, form hiding clothes her eighteen year old daughter wore. But Shahlah still appreciated her mother. Well, things had become strained between Shahlah's mother and stepfather, and she knew her stepfather spent some nights on the couch in his office, but he always said that was because he was working late. And if the two were having problems, they were going to great lengths not to expose their kids to their marital strife.

And Shahlah adored her little five year old brother. Mostly.

Hunter was blonde and blue eyed (the same as everyone else in the family except Shahlah) and was just as sweet as he could be. He would sit by Shahlah on the couch, cuddle up to her, and ask her for a story if she wasn't busy. Or just sit there and be sweet and good if she was busy.

Hunter was perfect. Mostly.

Except Hunter would draw on anything if given a chance. In response to Hunter's artistic exuberance, the walls were painted with wipeable paints, Hunter was given special crayons, and anything you didn't want drawn on, was locked up and put away. Because Hunter would listen and obey about everything except drawing.

Which is where the story begins.

Shahlah's stepfather would keep his office locked, to ensure that Hunter didn't draw on any of the more expensive books he had on his shelves. In addition, all important papers were kept locked in the bottom drawer of the office.

Shahlah and her mother had keys to the office, and Shahlah went into the office one to use the family printer. While she was printing out a paper due on Monday, she noticed the bottom drawer of the desk was ajar. She was about to close the drawer when a folder in it caughter eye. It was titled "Life Drawings." Shahlah immediately knew that meant Nude Sketches. Although she was a modest young woman (overly modest, in her mother's opinion), Shahlah wasn't shocked about the idea of her father making nude sketches. That's what artists did, after all. She would have been more shocked if her father made landscape paintings. He did have curt words about that sort of thing.

Curious, Shahlah pulled out the folder and began flipping through it. She didn't recognize some of the models, of course, but assumed they were student models her father had met at the college. One of the models, though, looked familiar to Shahlah. It took the teen a few minutes to recognize who the nude woman was in those sketches. It was HER!

Shahal was more than a little shocked that her father has been imagining her nude. Well, he had not only been imagining, he had been mentally airbrushing the nude mental image of his stepdaughter. The young woman in these pictures was gorgeous! It was sort of like the optimized version of what Shahlah thought she could ever aspire to.

Probably the only thing her stepfather had not improved on, Shahlah though with a self-conscious smirk, was the size of Shahlah's breasts in the sketches. But then she couldn't really fault her father on that. After all, with the frumpy clothes she made sure she was wearing any time she stepped out of her room, he had no idea on how to guess. The breasts in the sketches looked to be about a cup smaller than Shahlah's D cup.

Still, the part of Shahlah's mind that her stepfather had trained to look at a drawing analytically thought they were good, if woefully inaccurate. So Shahlah took a couple of post its from the desk, wrote some critiques, attached it to the drawings, then returned them to the bottom drawer. This time, though, she made sure the bottom drawer was locked. Hunter definitely didn't need to get to those pictures!

Chuckling, Shahlah locked up her father's office, headed to her bedroom, did a few things on the compute, then called it a night. At ten o'clock on a Friday night, Shahlah was happily asleep in her own bedroom.

Last edited:
Pleased that things had lightened slightly he went and grabbed his pizza chuckling at their antics,"Well, you know, you've each got to have something you're bad at, just to keep you humble."

Once he had his food he moved to the lounge, moving towards the girls and finding a place to squeeze in with them while he ate. Aladdin was one of his favorite, well really anything with Robin Williams would have him smiling.

Putting an arm around which ever girl he sat next to, or both if he was in the middle he ate and watched, pleased to have some semblance of normality...even if it was forced.

Hopefully he wouldn't nod off before the end of the movie this time.

As it happened, both girls fell asleep before the movie ended. Shahlah, because it had been an emotionally draining day and Shamira, because it isn't easy being a human spiderwoman.

Before the movie ended, both girls were asleep, their heads resting comfortably on Stephen's opposite shoulders.

Stephen smirked as they fell asleep. Time to play human Jenga again. He let the movie finish, he could feel his own exhaustion from the various emotions and upset. Sliding the girls down to the couch he cleared up, even cleaned up the kitchen like he didn't want to go to sleep...he was a little nervous about what dreams would haunt his mind after today and then went around the room tucking everyone in and kissing them goodnight...except for Gerri of course, he just put a blanket over her.

Then he found his own place to sleep and it didn't take long at all before he drifted off, wondering at what ungodly hour Hunter would wake them up.

He had been asleep way to early.

As it happened, it wasn't an ungodly hour that Hunter would wake up his father.

Well, it was six in the morning on a Sunday, but it still wasn't THAT early.

And Hunter woke his father up with a joke.

"Hey Dad! Dad! Guess why six is afraid? Cuz Seven Eight Nine!"

Hunter rolled on the ground laughing at his own humor.

In the dining room, Sarai had set up an oatmeal bar, with different toppings for a big pot of oatmeal.

The girls were gathered around the dining table talking. Shamira gave Hunter a hug as the boy plopped down beside her, attacking his prepared bowl of oatmeal.

Gerri was wearing a sleepshirt and a houserobe she had borrowed from the other teens.

"Thanks for letting me stay here last night, Professor Jacobson," Gerri said. "I really appreciate...well, everything."

"Gerri could have got up by herself if she hadn't been hurt," Shamira insisted. "She's the best climber in our rock climbing club."

"Shamira is lying through her teeth," Gerri laughed. "That title belongs to her. She's been a member of the girl's university rock climbing club since before I went there. Everyone calls her the amazing Spiderwoman. I was lucky she was with you when you guys found me." Shamira ducked her head and blushed at the compliment. "Actually, I'm lucky that you all found me."

"How'd you get there in the first place?" Hunter asked.

"She got there because she didn't listen to her big sister," Shahlah told her little brother, who just laughed and went back to eating his oatmeal. It was obvious he was completely oblivious to all the drama that had happened yesterday. "Un, Dad, Gerri...well, some stuff happened to her dorm room that was related to her...not listening to her big sister." Shahlah was obviously trying to make sure her little brother remained ignorant of everything that happened yesterday. "Do you think she can stay here until the university gets her a new dorm room?"

"There's no need for that," Gerri replied, then turned to Stephen. "Really, Professor Jacobson, I can find somewhere to stay until the university gets me sorted out. You've done so much for me already as it is."

Stephen groaned at Hunter, not just at the terrible joke but also for waking him up so early. Shaking his head he climbed out of his sleeping bag, and made his way over to the table, smiling at the large mass of people that was slowly becoming his every day family.

He waved away Gerri's thanks,"Think nothing of it, my girl, as I said to them yesterday. If it was one of my three girls I'd be hoping somebody did the same for them." He smiled at Shamira and Gerri building each other up but he had to agree with Gerri,"There are very few things that Shamira is not absolutely amazing at....she's saved my family on more than one occasion. The FBI guy said the security system was top notch, by the way girls."

His enthusiasm curbed just a little at Shahlah explaining to Hunter how Gerri got there and his eyes slid to the red head girl as the story continued, it had not been an easy going for her.

There was no hesitation at Shahlah's question, although he did fix Gerri with a stern look, a part of him thinking that perhaps someone not familiar with their strange dynamic might let them all keep the distance a little better and make boundaries a little less blurred....his eyes cut over to Shamira as he thought of that, she really was wonderful.

Focusing back on Gerri he smiled,"Of course, I insist, Gerri! Like I said, if it was one of my girls I'd expect the same for them, isn't that right girls?"

He chuckled,"And ignore Sarai, I'm sure she'll have some sassy thing to say as soon as she thinks I'm not listening."

Smirking at the blonde, giving her a wink his face got serious for just a minute,"Also, Gerri, turns out my lawyer that was here yesterday runs your trust fund. When you have a moment grab his number from him and give him a call, okay? Maybe on Monday though."

Gerri nodded, her face deep in thought.

Sarai, picking up on the light note Stephen was trying to maintain by teasing her, stuck her tongue out at his jibe before commenting, "Actually, we all know Gerri from Renn Fest. She's a wondering elven minstrel there."

"When I was at St. Abner at Kravitz," Gerri told Stephen, "I learned to play flute. Our orchestra leader had a flair for Medieval and Renaissance pieces, so when I started college here last year and discovered Renn Fest, I found my niche. A pair of elven ears, some colorful garb, and people were happy to see me wondering around. Though you do get tired of having nothing but Greensleeves requested all the time."

"Gerri's being modest," Shahlah insisted. "We met her...well, Sarai and I first met her, Shahlah had already gotten to know her...when she played at Sarai's uncle's comic shop before the last Renn Fest. She's first chair at the university orchestra."

"And an Olympic athlete," Sarai chimed in.

"Regional alternate," Gerri corrected. "Didn't make it to the National Finals. But being good at bow and sword...St. Abner taught its young ladies the Historical European Martial Arts...made me popular at Renn Fest as well. It was kind of fun, actually. St. Abner didn't have the sort of atmosphere that taught you how to socialize with people who weren't born trust fund babies. So Renn Fest and rock climbing were a great way to meet people. Very nice people, I should add," Gerri added, reaching over and patting Shamira on the forearm, who blushed at the attention.

"Cool," Hunter chimed in, looking up from his oatmeal. "Can you teach me how to fight with a sword?"

"I think that would be a very poor way to repay your father for his hospitality," Gerri replied. This got a laugh from everyone at the table, even Hunter. Gerri glexed her hand, then lifted up her foot and rotated her ankle. "Let me get off the Disabled List, Hunter, and we'll see." Hunter, mollified, nodded and went back to his oatmeal.

"Gerri also gives great therapeutic massages," Shamira chimed.

Gerri shrugged. "At St. Abner, Ms. Lorne was the trainer for all our sports teams. Since she couldn't be everywhere at once, she gave a lot of us training. To be honest, the girls on our rock climbing team are a lot more appreciative than my classmates were at St. Abner."

"You should do Dad," Shahlah suggested. "He's under a lot of tension."

"Well, you'll be the first guy I've done," Gerri told Stephen, "But give me a couple of days to get back on my feet, and absolutely. I suspect you'll be very tense anyway when Hunter starts getting lessons in swordsmanship." This got laughs from the rest of the girls as Sarai began asking Gerri about the history behind a certain piece she heard Gerri play last year at Renn Fest.

Stephen listened, with more than a fair bit of interest to Gerri's story, his eyebrow rose slowly as he discovered more about what she did,"Arts and Sports is a rare combination, Gerri, you should be proud of your achievements, not down play them. You have muscial and physical talents there are many who would do almost anything just to have one of those!"

He watched the interaction between her and Shamira and smiled, if Shamira trusted someone it said a lot for that person, she spoke to her fine and reacted pleasantly, Stephen used her as his cue and chuckled at Hunter's question,"Stand in line, young man, if anyone is learning how to use a sword it's me!"

Giving Hunter a wink he said,"We can get some pumpkins and things and chop them up once she's done teaching us, right?" Clearly not at all concerned about his son learning to use a sword, looking over at Shamira he sighed,"Being able to defend yourself has proven to be more useful over the last couple of weeks than I thought, sword, martial arts...it's something I would be happy for you to teach Hunter."

Looking at his son he gave him a look,"As long as he listened, followed the safety regulations and didn't fool around....oh, and you have to make sure your homework is always done first?" He grinned at Gerri,"Once you're back to full health, of course."

The massages drew his attention again, and he gave Shahlah a look when she said he was under a lot of tension,"It's all the girls I have to worry about...I've got a veritable menagerie at the moment." He grinned at the three of them and shrugged,"It's a good thing I love you guys."

Her comment about the first guy she had done got a blank look, the obvious innuendo he heard was not something the girls would pick up and he was positive Gerri hadn't meant it that way so he just nodded, keeping his gutter thoughts to himself,"Indeed...I'd be happy to be your first test subject...I can't imagine there is that much difference in how the muscles are arranged."

Sitting back he sighed, watching the girls talk further with a happy smile on his face. The last few weeks had sucked, badly, but this was a nice place to be in and he was happy here. A good resting point, as Shamira had called it, and if it shifted it did...although Gerri's introduction meant that the four of them had to behave a little more like dad and daughters.

"Well, I am lucky to have found refuge here, Professor Jacobson," Gerri continued. "Particularly since I can scrounge clothing from Shahal, Sarai and Shamira. I mean, what are the odds of four teenage girls under one roof all sharing the same size in clothing? And that was just a rhetorical question," she quickly added when it looked like Shamira and Shahlah were about to give her an answer. "Don't confuse the poor History and Music Major with math."

Sarai was passing behind Stephen when Gerri made the comment about sharing the same clothing size. Sarai chose that moment to lean over and whisper into Stephen's ear "And we do have the same size in everything." The little smirk on Sarai's face went unnoticed by everyone but Stephen.

"History is boring," opined Hunter.

"Absolutely not true," Gerri countered. "You like stories about sword fighting, don't you?" Hunter nodded. "Those battles are history. I tell you what. When you're ready to go to sleep tonight, I'll tell you the story of the Battle of Bouvines. It has everything. An ambush, a king in peril, a brave knight coming to the aid of his sovereign, and it even ends with...well, we'll make that a surprise, won't we?"

Hunter nodded eagerly, looking forward to this foray into medieval French history.

Stephen smirked at Gerri's comment,"Yeah, they love that, all their science and math without nary a regard for our sensitive artistic brains." He was still snickering when Sarai whispered in his ear, he flushed and he gave her a look. His eyes immediatly shot down on Gerri to confirm the new information, of course Sarai would be accurate as was her wont before muttering to himself,"So much for not blurring boundaries, thanks Sarai."

He tuned back into the conversation just to have Gerri giving Hunter a lead up to a history lesson, his eyes turning on Sarai and shaking his head again, what was that girls plan? She was the one most intent on pressing the girls sexuality in his face, and he didn't know what to make of her but of all of them he knew...she had a plan, and the feelings that plan engendered were never what he expected, a kind of nervous excitement.

Shaking his head he looked at his son, forcing a relaxed smile,"History is great, Hunter, listen carefully." Again his eyes slid over Gerri, she was indeed shaped the way Sarai had mentioned sighing he stood and chuckled,"I'll be in my office if you guys need me, we just chiling today?"

"Sure, Dad, just chilling," Shahlah said. "I think we all need a lazy Sunday."

"And I'll give your lawyer a call tomorrow, and handle my...situation," Gerri added. "By the way, Professor Jacobson, Sarai was telling me over breakfast that you do themed drawings. Renaissance, Steampunk, Comics, that sort of thing. If you don't mind being gushed over by a geek, I'd love to see them."

His eyebrow rose slowly,"Oh? That was quick.", he looked at Sarai and chuckled,"You are impossible, you know that." Winking at the little blonde he nodded to Gerri,"I do actually, I have a rather nice Steampunk one of Shahlah and a Superhero Sarai and Shahlah." He gestured to Gerri,"But stay seated, I'll get it for you."

He wasn't really ready to have Gerri peering over his shoulder as he shuffled through his most recent drawings of the girls. But it wasn't too long before he was back with the two pictures he had spoken of,"There we go, now tell Sarai how beautiful she looks and she'll be smiling like the cat who got the milk for hours."

Giving the blonde a smile he chuckled before looking at his stepdaughter,"Shahlah won't be so obvious about it, but you can tell her too, she'd love to hear it."

"I think all my friends are beautiful, my host is handsome," Gerri said, lifting a glass of orange juice toward Stephen, "And the young prince is the handsomest of them all." A tousle of Hunter's hair got him blushing and ducking, which got a laugh from everyone.

"You know, if you don't mind me saying, Professor Jacobson, you're in decent shape for a guy your age...no offense meant...but if you're as tense as your daughter says, a little bit more activity, coupled with some stretching and muscle relaxation could work wonders. What do you say this Wednesday, we...all of us---"Gerri said, gesturing at everyone at the table "---do a little light workout and stretching and relaxing Wednesday night, after this one has gone to sleep? I think you'll find it does a world of good."

"Daddy, I think you'll love it," Shamiri chimed in. Gerri looked a little startled to hear her blue eyed Asian friend refer to Professor Jacobson as Daddy, but didn't say anything. "We can work out something together," she said excitedly to Gerri.

"Dad, I think it will do us all a world of good," Shahlah said.

"It's a date then. Group date," Sarai added, giving a surreptitious wink to Stephen. The rest of the girls didn't notice the wink, already excitedly exchanging ideas.

He laughed at Gerri's toast and raised an eyebrow at her 'invitation' since he didn't really get a choice in many things it seemed, simply looking from Shamira, although his eyes cut to Gerri and saw her startled reaction, but he didn't react just played it off and chuckled,"Oh good, I'm glad I've been voluntold what I'm doing....it will be fun, Gerri, just remember I'm just a touch older than you and I need plenty of rest."

Snickering he faded a little at Sarai's comment and wink giving her a glare, one day he was going to get that girl on her own and find out what was churning in that little mind of hers. Turning he waited till Gerri was done with the pictures before taking them back to his office,"Alright girls, you know where to find me if you need anything."

The week started off on a solid high note. Stephen's lawyer called him, and then Gerri, with good news. Stephen's ex-wife and Gerri's ex-uncle had "plead out" in exchange for a number of conditions. One was the almost instant return of the money Stephen had lost, the other was the full withdrawal of interest in Gerri's trust fund. The end result was that Stephen's ex-wife was sentenced to prison for thirty years, with an opportunity of being paroled in ten, but with the caveat that any parole would be conditional that Stephen's ex-wife could not initiate any contact with her ex-husband or her children. Any potential contact would have to be initiated by her children, not her. So it would be at least ten years before Hunter or Shahlah had to deal with their mother, and even then, it would be on her term, not theirs.

Gerri's ex-uncle was sentenced to life, with the first possibility of parole being twenty years from now. And both would be going to medium security prisons located out of state.

In addition, a doctor's visit verified the EMT's pronouncement of Gerri's health. No concussion, and only two mild sprains, both of which should disappear within a couple of weeks if Gerri "took it easy."

Whatever had happened to Gerri's dorm room had resulted in the loss and destruction of most of her clothing. Thankfully, the personal possessions she treasured most were undamaged, including the Yamaha flute which had followed her through her life. All four girls went shopping that afternoon, and in celebration of everyone getting back what had been stolen from them, Sarai prepared a pasta dinner worth of a five star Italian restaurant, with a simpler spaghetti and meat sauce plate for Hunter.

After dinner, Gerri "played for her dinner," going through a number of genres, and delighting Hunter especially with a collection of animated movie theme songs.

"So, now that you have access to your trust fund, are you going to green pastures?" Sarai asked.

Gerri shook her head. "I'm happy where I am. Any courses I don't have access to here, I can get online. And besides, I have Renn Fest here," Gerri laughed. "So I'm staying put."

"Us too," Shahlah said, and Sarai and Shamira nodded in agreement. "You know, it's going to be a couple of weeks before they get you your dorm room. You could just move in with us, at least until the end of the Spring semester."

"That's very kind," Gerri said, "But I think you're putting your Dad on the spot. That's the sort of thing that should be talked over while I'm out of the room," the redhead laughed.

Stephen's relief at the various bits of news was palpable, he could have managed without the money, but it certainly made it easier. And ten years gave him plenty of time to explain to Hunter and move things forward. He was happily eating the pasta with Sarai's patented Garlic bread, and had a very happy, and full, face on as the music filled his home he was even bobbing along to all the music that was playing as he did.

He smirked as they girls discussed Gerri's possibilities and was happy to hear she was staying local, that was very good for the girls to have a friend and he was growing fond of the red head and her less mathematical turn of mind.

Of course when the suggestion was made he paused, looking at the other three girls and chuckled,"Really, you think I have a say in this matter? They'll have me wrapped around their will in a matter of moments.....that's why you can't go! I need someone who I don't need a mathematics or science degree just to understand!"

Chuckling he shrugged,"I don't mind, Gerri, if you want to stay, stay." It was still his hope it would keep things a little more distant, although Shamira had already slipped up and called him Daddy a few times it hadn't come across as weird, after all Shamira didn't really seem weird most of the time...well all of the time,"You leaving the room just means I have to listen to three different Thesis about why you would be good to be here....save me from that, you don't know what is like once these guys set their mind to it."

Winking at Hunter he added,"And Hunter and I still want sword lessons!"

"Of course, though you could ask Shamira for some. But hers are more Yu Shu to my Boudicca," Gerri chuckled. "I have to admit, I do like the sleeping arrangements around here. The sleeping bag sleepout we had Saturday night, I mean. It's kind of nice, being that close to everyone. Do you do that often?"

"We're a very touchy feely crowd," Sarai piped in, giving Stephen a sideway glance. A glance which Gerri never spotted.

"Oh, that would have never flown at St. Abner's," Gerri laughed. "Hey, do you have any problem with studying in the family room?"

"If you can live with the chaos, study away," Shahlah laughed, a laugh everyone joined in with.

"A little chaos is always nice," Gerri said, getting up from the dining table. "Do you need help cleaning after dinner?"

"Me and Shahlah have got it covered," Sarai said. Shahlah nodded and the two headed toward the kitchen.

"Be right back," Gerri said. She gave Shamira and Hunter a hug, paused, then gave Stephen a tight hug as well, before heading upstairs to grab her laptop.

Shamira and Hunter moved to the floor at Stephen's feet to work on some homework. Shamira looked up at Stephen. "This is nice, isn't it Daddy?"

Stephen was simply smiling along and then Sarai spoke and his smile froze. It freed up as Gerri got up and he gave her a hug letting her head upstairs before he got up, only to be slowed by Shamira's question.

Reaching down he ruffled her hair and chuckled,"Yes, yes it is....I just need to chat to Sarai." Walking through to the kitchen he smiled at his stepdaughter,"Substitution, Shahlah....I have to talk to Sarai...alone, please."

He didn't think it would be that easy but he appealed to his daughters helpful side,"I also need you to keep Gerri in there. Just for a bit...I don't think this will take long, right, Sarai?"

"Should I ask what this is about?" Shahlah asked, looking between Stephen and Sarai.

Whatever Sarai was about to say was interrupted by Shamira running into the kitchen, her eyes wide.

"Daddy, you have a phone call on the landline. It's the FBI."

Stephen opened his mouth to reply and sighed as Shamira came in and he gave Sarai a look,"Don't worry, Shahlah, I still think shes wonderful....she's just misbehaving."

He nodded to Shamira and headed out to answer the phone,"Stephen here, how can I help you?"

"Mr. Jacobson? Agent Forrest. We met last Saturday. We have a situation."

The good news was that Stephen's ex-wife was being processed and was currently detained in a medium security prison on the other side of the country. The bad news was that, while Gerri's ex-uncle was being transported, there was an accident, and he and a handful of other prisoners had escaped. The escape had happened a few states away, and the FBI expected to apprehend him within 24 hours. But they felt that Stephen and Gerri should know. And since Gerri had left the landline at the Jacobson household as a contact point, they felt Stephen was the best person to break the news.

Some instinct in Shamira had kicked in, and she had shuffled Hunter out of the room and was staying with him for the moment, reading him a story.

Downstairs, Sarai, Gerri and Shahlah were gathered together, pressed together, watching Stephen with wide, expectant eyes.

Stephen was frowning by the time the conversation was almost over,"Can you have a squad car at my house till they are? I dont want to take chances with my kids? Or her."

Putting the phone down he made his way into the lounge, and looked at the three. Moving over to Gerri he slid into the couch throwing a hand over her shoulder,"So there was an accident while they were transporting your ex-uncle."

He sighed,"He and a couple of other prisoners escaped. They expect to have them rounded up soon....but they want us to be careful. I'm calling the schools and I want you all here till they catch them....you guys are smart enough to catch up any work you miss...and I'd prefer to be in our super secure house."

Looking at Shahlah he frowned,"If we have any other security measures we're going to be on lockdown for a bit, Okay?"

Sarai and Shahlah nodded. "Why don't you two stay down here while we do a security check? Shahlah, you do a computer check in your dad's office, I'm going to do a quick walkthrough at all the security points. Gerri..." Sarai took the redhead by the shoulders, looking her in the eye. "You don't need to worry about this. We got this."

All kidding was out of her eyes when she looked at Stephen. "Will be right back, Dad."

Stephen nodded, making sure to be close to Gerri as the girls left. Even when they were gone he was silent, straining to hear his girls in case they needed him. One hand resting on Gerri's shoulder as he said to her,"They are great, the security they have in place is top notch."

"Thank you for being here with me," Gerri said, leaning against Stephen. She sighed, then smiled up at him. "So I'm wondering if you're regretting taking me in."

Stephen smiled at her and gave her a squeeze,"Not at all....this is a bit like a movie, I'll give you that, but remember my ex-wife is half of your story. They did this to you because they couldn't get my money....no, not a single regret. It's the least I can do to pay for Hunter's sword lessons....he won't forget "

Back
Top Bottom