Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Draw your own conclusion (for Tarrakhash and Blurugirl)

Blurugirl

Star
Shahlah Jacobson thought she had a perfect life. Mostly.

25680849-256-k683293.jpg

Granted, her life hadn't started off perfectly, mostly or otherwise. Her father had become enamored with an Iranian man, and Shahlah had been the result of the romance. But the romance quickly devolved into abuse and control from her biological father, who left her mother and her when Shahlah was five,

No problem. When Shahlah was nine, Shahlah's mother would meet the man who would become Shahlah's stepfather.

commander-pixis-9682-normal.jpg

Shahlah loved her stepfather. But she loved all her family. Shahlh's stepfather was a commercial artist who still kept tabs with his classical roots. He was successful enough that he could run his own business out of their office. But he also taught an art history class at the local college, and drew "non-commercially", as he called it. And though Shahlah had no talent of her own, her stepfather made sure Shahlah was still introduced to his world. He had not only taught her about different artists and artistic movements throughout history, but also how to appreciate and critically analyze art as a whole.

Shahlah had a good relationship with her mother. Mostly. Well, Shahalah's felt her slightly nerdy mathlete daughter should be outgoing, and she definitely did not appreciate the mostly frumpy, form hiding clothes her eighteen year old daughter wore. But Shahlah still appreciated her mother. Well, things had become strained between Shahlah's mother and stepfather, and she knew her stepfather spent some nights on the couch in his office, but he always said that was because he was working late. And if the two were having problems, they were going to great lengths not to expose their kids to their marital strife.

And Shahlah adored her little five year old brother. Mostly.

Hunter was blonde and blue eyed (the same as everyone else in the family except Shahlah) and was just as sweet as he could be. He would sit by Shahlah on the couch, cuddle up to her, and ask her for a story if she wasn't busy. Or just sit there and be sweet and good if she was busy.

Hunter was perfect. Mostly.

Except Hunter would draw on anything if given a chance. In response to Hunter's artistic exuberance, the walls were painted with wipeable paints, Hunter was given special crayons, and anything you didn't want drawn on, was locked up and put away. Because Hunter would listen and obey about everything except drawing.

Which is where the story begins.

Shahlah's stepfather would keep his office locked, to ensure that Hunter didn't draw on any of the more expensive books he had on his shelves. In addition, all important papers were kept locked in the bottom drawer of the office.

Shahlah and her mother had keys to the office, and Shahlah went into the office one to use the family printer. While she was printing out a paper due on Monday, she noticed the bottom drawer of the desk was ajar. She was about to close the drawer when a folder in it caughter eye. It was titled "Life Drawings." Shahlah immediately knew that meant Nude Sketches. Although she was a modest young woman (overly modest, in her mother's opinion), Shahlah wasn't shocked about the idea of her father making nude sketches. That's what artists did, after all. She would have been more shocked if her father made landscape paintings. He did have curt words about that sort of thing.

Curious, Shahlah pulled out the folder and began flipping through it. She didn't recognize some of the models, of course, but assumed they were student models her father had met at the college. One of the models, though, looked familiar to Shahlah. It took the teen a few minutes to recognize who the nude woman was in those sketches. It was HER!

Shahal was more than a little shocked that her father has been imagining her nude. Well, he had not only been imagining, he had been mentally airbrushing the nude mental image of his stepdaughter. The young woman in these pictures was gorgeous! It was sort of like the optimized version of what Shahlah thought she could ever aspire to.

Probably the only thing her stepfather had not improved on, Shahlah though with a self-conscious smirk, was the size of Shahlah's breasts in the sketches. But then she couldn't really fault her father on that. After all, with the frumpy clothes she made sure she was wearing any time she stepped out of her room, he had no idea on how to guess. The breasts in the sketches looked to be about a cup smaller than Shahlah's D cup.

Still, the part of Shahlah's mind that her stepfather had trained to look at a drawing analytically thought they were good, if woefully inaccurate. So Shahlah took a couple of post its from the desk, wrote some critiques, attached it to the drawings, then returned them to the bottom drawer. This time, though, she made sure the bottom drawer was locked. Hunter definitely didn't need to get to those pictures!

Chuckling, Shahlah locked up her father's office, headed to her bedroom, did a few things on the compute, then called it a night. At ten o'clock on a Friday night, Shahlah was happily asleep in her own bedroom.

Last edited:
The second pull up the rope went easier, since Shamira was able to climb while Stephen helped her ascend. Just as Shamira climbed over the ridge, a plop of rain hit her square between the eyes.

"I'll get the ropes if you will help Gerri into the SUV," Shamira said, disassembling the makeshift pulley system her and Sarai had rigged earlier. "I think she has a mild ankle and wrist sprain, and possible concussion. I don't know."

"Wait a second, you know her?" Shahlah asked her friend, who giggled. "From climbing classes. But you know her too. Think of her with pointed ears and a flute."

"Gerri!" Shahlah laughed. Her laugh was interrupted by a crack of thunder.

"I got the rope, Daddy," Shamira said. "We can get out of here."

"And if one of you can lend me your phone," Gerri said as the group and all their equipment headed back to the car, "I need to call the police to report an attempted murder."

Stephen looked between the girls, still confused, but this was rapidly becoming a common theme with the girls around. Yet he didn't question Shamira, even as he moved over to Gerri,"Which ankle, Gerri?" Once he had the correct ankle he moved around to that side and slid under her arm,"Just lean on me and we'll get you to a hospital, especially if you have concussion, that's not something you want to muck around with."

As he lead her away, he frowned at her next words,"Wait, what? You can use my phone, but who tried to murder you?" He looked around them, wonderful, first they had his soon to be ex-wife sending thugs and now they were possibly helping someone who could have a murderer after her? What the heck.

The moment Stephen asked his question, it was like the sky opened up, and a deluge began pouring down.

"Dad, just put her in the back with me," Shahlah said, as her and Shamira rushed toward the SUV. "I'll check her over with he first aid kit, and as soon as we get home, we can answer questions and make phone calls and whatever."

Stephen looked up at the sky with slightly accusatory eyes but did as he was told. Climbing in the car and driving them home,"If she starts to feel ill or act funny we got to get her to a hospital!"

Concussion was no joke but the girls were super good at, well, just about everything. They'd make sure Gerri was fine.

"Her pupils aren't dilated and eye movement is normal," Shahlah reported from the back.

"Her has a name," the redhead laughed. "It's Gerri."

"Gerri the elven bard from Renn Fess?" Sarai asked excitedly.

"What's a Renn Fest?" Hunter asked in the latest of the string of questions that had spurted out of him since Stephen and the girls had brought back Gerri and drove away from River Park.

"Why don't we all be quiet and let Stephen focus on driving," Shamira said in a quiet voice that could still cut through a din. The use of Stephen's first name was also not lost on the girls, though the warm look that Shamira gave Stephen after she had admonished the rest of the passengers showed that any admonitory tones in her use of his first name were definitely not meant for him.

The downpour remained heavy for the short ride home, but dramatically let up when they got to their house. Only to reveal a black sedan parked in front, along with an ambulance and police car, all their lights flashing. Also parked in front of the house was the lime green Honda Accord driven by Stephen's lawyer and friend Jake.

"This can't be good," Sarai remarked from the back seat at the sight of the gathered vehicles.

He gave Shamira a smile back in the mirror, this storm was crazy. What was crazier what was waiting for him and he blinked,"What the....." He looked over his shoulder,"Gerri, stay in the car. Girls....one of you stay with Hunter. I dont want him getting out."

All he could think of was his wife doing something dumb....ex-wife. He climbed out the car, eyeballing the black sedan as he made his way towards Jake's car nodding to any officers or paramedics,"Ummm....hey....something happen in the storm? What's going on?"

"I'll go with you, Dad," Sarai volunteered. Shamira slid into the same seat as Hunter, while Shahlah stayed with Gerri.

"Stephen!" Jake came trotting over to his friend and client. A sterner man, about the same age as Jake, walked briskly with him. "Stephen, this is my friend Will. Um, Special Agent William Forrest. We went to law school together. And this is Shahlah's friend Sarai, right? So the kids are still in the SUV? Well, let me get you caught up with what's been going on?"

It appeared that Stephen's ex-wife and her paramour hadn't left the country after all. They had planned to, but the plan had included getting a large sum of money to support them once they left the company. Most of that money had failed to materialize. As their plans fell apart, the pair had become more desperate and more deranged. The boyfriend had a niece...ex-niece, actually, from a previous marriage...who was supported by a substantial trust fund. Somehow, Stephen's ex-wife and boyfriend had decided that if they abducted the young woman in question they could somehow get control of her trust fund. This had ended badly for all concerned. The young woman and her vehicle were missing, and the boyfriend and Stephen's ex-wife weren't saying where she was.

The pair had then decided that Stephen must have funds stashed in his house, funds that the ex-wife felt she was due.

"By the way, Mr. Jacobson, my compliments on your security systems," Agent Forrest remarked. "It stopped them dead in their tracks."

"Knowing I was your attorney of record," Jake added, "He called me when this all went down. I've been trying to call you, but a storm strike damage the cell coverage here, and 9-1-1 has been taken down as well. I'm glad you didn't get here ten minutes earlier, though. I don't think your kids needed to see their mother taken away. I'm afraid she was becoming more than a little unstable."

Stephen wasn't as bright as the girls but as the horror story unfolded he started to put bits together and he was still puzzling a bit and he frowned,"Yes....the girls upgraded it a couple days ago....glad it's working well."

He frowned,"Sarai....go get Gerri...I'm starting to think there is a trend going here." Looking at the agent he said,"Missing girl is a red head, driving a Honda Civic?" He stroked his chin,"I think we just pulled her off a cliff she's concussed and has a sprained ankle but she's alive....."

He shook his head,"And I am glad that it's all cleared up...." He looked at Jake,"That makes the custody case easier....can you get them to give my money back?"

"It's going to take a little while, Stephen, but yes, we should get it back...well, I can't say soon, but we will get it back," Jake assured him.

Sarai returned with Gerir and Shahlah, with Sarai and Shahlah helping Gerri hobble over to the federal agent.

"Virginia Schadler?" Agent Forrest asked.

"Your name is Virginia?" Shahlah asked.

"Gerri's what all my family and friends call me," Gerri answered, before turning to Agent Forrest. 'i'm Virginia Schadler"

"If I can ask you a few questions, Ms Schadler?" Agent Forrest asked.

"Can we take her over to one of the EMTs?" Shahlah asked.

The FBI agent nodded.

"Dad, we're going to help Gerri over to the EMTs, okay?" Shahlah asked, gesturing with her head toward the ambulance.

Stephen nodded to Shahlah, this was all getting a but much but now with his wife in jail he was less likely to have follow up issues. Pinching his nose he looked at Jake,"What else do you need from me? And can I get my kids inside?"

He could feel a headache coming on and was already regretting his lack of alcohol.....what a day...what a day,"I got to make sure Hunter is settled. This will get to him eventually....and I need to talk to Shahlah....ahhh crap. It can never be simple Jake?"

"You do look like you have a whole pack with you," Jake said. "Let me go talk to Will. Once he's finished getting a statement from that redhead, he'll probably want to ask you a few questions, about your ex-wife, how you found that redhead, things like that. But I'm pretty sure I can make him happy to just talk to you, and not all your kids. Can you live with that?"

Stephen nodded,"Just came from soccer with everyone.....but yeah that's fine. I'll get them inside. Thanks, Jake." Moving to the car he got everyone out and into the house as fast as possible,"Sarai, can you get some food going and Shamira can you play some Jenga with Hunter?"

Once the kids were settled he headed back out to talk to the officer. Knowing at some point he'd have to fill Shahlah in, assuming Sarai didn't already do so.

Both girls nodded, though both gave a look at Gerri talking to the FBI agent at the ambulance while an EMT looked her over and Shahlah stood nearby, wide eyed.

Jake walked over, talked to the FBI agent, then waved Stephen over. When he got close, Shahlah's face was clearly crestfallen.

"Oh Daddy!" Tears streaming down her face, Shahlah ran at Stephen and wrapped her arms around her stepfather.

Stephen sighed, pulling her into his arms,"I know....I know....I'm sorry my girl....." He held her tight and kissed the top of her head, for him it was the woman who left him, the woman he had loved and it hurt to hear her off the rails like this, but this little girl...that was her mom, her only mom who tried to kill someone else for money to get away from her it was heartbreaking.

Stephen felt a tear slide down his face,"I'm here, I got you, its okay.....its okay." There wasn't anything to say, nothing that could make it better,"I love you my girl....just hold on." He held her in his arms and just waited , there was nothing on this Earth he needed to right now but hold his girl and he did.

The FBI, EMT's everybody could just take a fucking break she needed him so he just held her after a bit he uncurled and arm and tilted up her chin,"I got to talk to them, Shay, you want to stay with me? Or go inside with Hunter and then other girls...you choose baby."

"Can I take Gerri inside with me, Dad? Let her stay with us tonight? She's had a rough day too," Shahlah siad.

The FBI agent was finishing up with Gerri, and was looking up at Stephen to see if he was ready to answer a few questions.

Stephen nodded,"As long as nobody her side minds." He remembered the officer saying she was on a trust fund but that didn't mean she didn't have family,"Just going to make sure she's comfortable. Go tell Sarai so she knows to cook for an extra person."

Looking over at the officer he nodded,"I'll be in soon, Shahlah." He was ready to answer the questions now.

"So are you through with me, Agent Forrest?" Gerri asked.

The FBI agent nodded. "I have your contact information, Ms. Schadler." Turning to the EMT, he asked, "I assume you're giving a clean bill of health?"

The EMT nodded. "Mild sprain in her ankle and wrist, no signs of a concussion. Rest and ibuprofen will suffice."

"Let me help you into our house," Shahlah said. "I guarantee you Sarai will have made something gourmet by now." Gerri nodded and let the other teen help her hobble into the house.

"So, Mr. Jacobson," Agent Forrest began, turning his attention to Stephen. "Could you give me a recount of the events in your rescue of Ms. Schadler? And I understand you've never actually met or had knowledge of your ex-wife's boyfriend?"

Stephen nodded, sighing at the first set of questions,"After the storm warning was issued we left the soccer gathering and started driving him we had a sudden clearing of the rain near Gophers gulch, saw a Honda Civic that was flipped over and we stopped to help."

He paused running his fingers over his mustache briefly,"I got out with my daughter and one of her friends. Saw the car was empty. Couldn't see anything over the cliff...Sarai had a drone so we sent it down and found the girl, Gerri, on a ledge. We put together a rope assembly and sent Shamira down to get her. I pulled her up, and then Shamira, we couldn't get hold of 911 as you know."

Shrugging he added,"She said she needed to get to the police because there had been an attempted murder. With the weather I figured coming here would be better....and that's what happened."

Frowining he sighed,"I thought my wife had left the country and no....to the best of my knowledge I have never met my ex-wifes boyfriend. I don't even know how he is....and that's just fine with me."

He stopped and waited for any other questions.

Agent Forrest nodded as he listened to Stephen's answers.

"That's all I'll need from you for now," the FBI agent said. "If I need anything else, I know your lawyer. You can tell Ms. Schadler that we'll contact her about her vehicle." The FBI agent paused, as if trying to choose his words carefully. "I believe your ex-wife is in a world of trouble, Mr. Jacobson. As in life without the possibility of parole trouble. I'll keep your lawyer in the loop as things progress." Jake nodded as the FBI agent shook his hand.

As the law enforcement and emergency personnel gathered their stuff to make their farewell, Jake turned to Stephen. "At the very least, Stephen, you won't have to worry about child custody or finances again. I don't know what you're going to tell Shahlah and Hunter, but if you need anything on the front..." Jake shrugged, not knowing what else to say.

"On one other note, my firm actually handles the Schadler Trust Fund. I suspect that I'll probably get assigned to handle this for her, so if you wouldn't mind, give her my contact information please." As the other cars pulled away, leaving the street empty, Jake added, "Is there anything else I can do for you, Stephen?"

Stephen nodded at Agent Forrest's words, his face serious, he understood but still couldn't believe it. He glanced in Jack's direction when he said the lawyer would stay in contact and sighed. This wasn't over, even if it was physically over, he had to deal with Hunter, with Shahlah and with the aftermath of court cases, lawyers letters and more that would rise from today. Jake's words did bring a grim smile to his face,"Thank you, Jake, I appreciate all you do. Shahlah already heard most of it, and as far as Hunter is concerned his mom left already...he doesn't need to know what else she did."

Not yet at least, he titled his head and nodded at his comments about Gerri,"I will do." He frowned at the final question and shrugged,"No, not unless you have any important details about my new house guest. Does she have family I need to contact?"

Jack shook his head sadly. "KId's parents died when she was young. Had one aunt who was...well, she wasn't a bad sort, just flighty. So Virginia grew up at an all girls boarding school. Would have ended up at an Ivy League College except your ex-wife's boyfriend was married to the aunt a couple of years ago. One in a long string of ex-husbands. Anyway, he dreamed up some type of scheme to get control of the trust fund. Never had a chance of succeeding, but he tied up the trust fund in the courts so that instead of getting a fancy apartment on the East Coast while she went to an elite university, she had to spend her first year at the local university and staying in a dorm. She might have even been in one of your freshman level art appreciation courses."

"Didn't phase the kid in the least," Jack continued. "I think she even enjoyed herself. A lot of the rich kids you meet are the party sorts. From what I understand, Virginia was just the opposite."

"By the way, in the aunt's defense, as soon as she found out what your ex-wife's boyfriend was up to, she divorced him in the blink of an eye. So Virginia has family, just not the responsible kind. Not that she'll need it. With the boyfriend heading to jail, we'll be able to fast forward his nuisance lawsuit out of the courts and, in a year's time, Virginia will have full access to her trust fund again. Maybe even sooner."

Stephen listened and sighed, another lost soul, it wasn't easy being alone. He had seen to many kids trying to do it without success through his years at the College, but he knew now where he had seen her. And she seemed to have everything together, so that was good,"Well, sounds like the good guys won out in the end. Those two will get what they deserve and Gerri will get a chance to do whatever she wants. Thanks again, Jake, if you run across anything else I need to be informed about you let me know."

Running a hand over his bald head he shook the guys hand before heading inside, he went looking for Shahlah first. Although he very much doubted he wouldn't find all the other girls in the same space supporting their friend.

The scene in the house was one of domestic tranquility. Tranquility of sorts, anyway. Sarai had made a half dozen small pizzas, with toppings from plain cheese to a gourmet smorgasbord. Shamira and Shahlah were sitting at the breakfast counter nibbling on pieces. At some point, they had changed into nightshirts and bathrobes, and were having a quiet conversation.

In the family room, there were a collection of sleeping bags, with a rolled up one still on the main sofa. Hunter, Sarai and Gerri were on the floor, fast asleep.

"Hey, Daddy," Shamira said, getting up to give Stephen a quick hug before returning to sit by Shahlah. The other teen had a "hundred yard stare" on her face, though she managed to give her stepfather a week smile. "Pizza's cold, but it will only take a minute to stick a couple of pieces in the microwave. Everyone else..." she getured toward the sleeping forms in the family room..."well, it's been a long day, and they zonked out." Outside, a roll of thunder could be heard as the rain began pouring down again. "I guess it's a good night for sleeping, even if it's only five thirty in the evening."

Stephen hugged Shamira tightly but he had eyes only for Shahlah, as soon as it was polite he moved over to her wrapping her up in his arms as he grumbled,"The pizza can wait, are you going to be okay, my love?" He stroked her head, holding her close against his chest for as long as she, and he , needed. Once he couldn't really hold her for any longer without it getting strange he slipped away to grab some of the various pizzas and popped them in the microwave.

Looking at Shamira he sighed,"You know, days like this I could really not have done what you asked." He smiled, letting her know he was only teasing her a little bit,"It's been a rough day....you two both going to sleep okay? I mean, Shamira, you're a literal rock climbing hero! Saving people like it's mission impossible....."

Looking at Shahlah, knowing her mechanical inclination he smirked,"Have you thought about which winch I'll need?"

"We'll look at it tomorrow," Shahlah said with a half-smile. "Tonight, I say we eat pizza and watch some animatic musicals."

"Can your friends do this?" Shamira started singing offkey, "Can your friends do that? Can your friends pull this out their little hat?"

Shahlah stared at her friend open mouthed, then began laughing. "Oh Em Gee, you couldn't sing to save your life."

Shamira shrieked in fake protest, then the two girls started giggling.

"Go get your pizza, Daddy," Shahlah instructed, "And we'll get Aladdin going on one of the laptops. We'll meet you on the couch. We'll cuddle up and keep it low, but be there in case someone wakes up."

Back
Top Bottom