Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Young Justice AU (Frozen Princess, LadyWolfie, Rain K)

After reading each opening, who is your favorite character that you look forward to reading about?

• Amethyst

• Artemis

• Atalanta

• Batgirl

• Comet

• Echo

• Ember

• Freya

• Lady Loki

• Lady Shazam

• Lady Thor

• Nightstar

• Ravager

• Velocity

Results are only viewable after voting.
Amethyst

Amethyst took the same stance as Rose saw earlier, crouching down slightly holding her broadsword with both hands. It could easily be used with one, but she wanted to be sure she was ready for anything. "Looks like I may be at a slight disadvantage before we even get started. I've been so focused on defense and defending... And having just been through a bloody civil war... I'm not sure I can go offensive right off." Staying crouched slightly, she did bring her sword up to defend against any sweeping attack. "That's the whole point of sparring, is it not? Preparing and learning?" The only reason she couldn't remember offensive strikes, besides being so few... She was going on adrenaline and instinct. Neither of which she currently needed.

Artemis

Scoffing (though not necessarily at Atalanta) , Artemis said, "Sounds like mine. I use my real name as well... Or should say I'm back to using it." She shrugged. "Past the kitchen and take the stairs." She ignored Cera (for the moment), swiped a bran (raisin bran to be precise) muffin and apple, tossing the latter to Atalanta while taking a bite out of the muffin. "Think fast." So here was Artemis eating a raisin bran muffin after complaining about an hour earlier she was sick of the fiber kick Green Arrow had put the girls on.

Ember

Olive looked over at Nightstar, smirking. "Which one?" She teased with sparkling eyes. After a sigh, she said, "Artemis basically told everyone's story, or at least a recap of what happened to them and how they died. I didn't know she was Artemis, died to go under cover, was Tigress and died again in the mission against Slade because she wanted her old name back. Your dad told her there would be repercussions for bringing her old self back; thus how you became leader... Which I just verified through Speedy, who isn't happy with herself or Batman with how she had to fudge to prepare you." After another sigh and shake of her head, Olive said calmly, "What am I missing? I mean I still struggle with how he put my mom in Arkham before it collapsed."

Lois and Kara

Kara was looking at the brochure, not really paying attention to the auction or auctioneer as things got rolling.

"Smallville, are you sure you have the right brochure for the auctioned items?" Lois asked, concerned. "These look like statues with markings on them."

Kara handed the brochure over, and the announcement was made for the Eye of Cerebus. The bidding began at $1500, and up popped Kara's hand. She didn't know that was bidding and not asking a question. "That's not in the brochure... In fact, none of the stuff is. I gotta ask what's going on!"

Lois frowned as she looked over the brochure, actually paying more attention to it than Kara. "Do it AFTER. Put your hand down."

Kara and Lex went back and forth until the gavel banged, causing Lois to look up.

"Sold to the young blonde lady with the press hat in the second row for 17-5!"

Lois developed a serious tic as Kara commented naively, "I think I won that gem... When all I wanted to do was ask why it wasn't in the brochure."

Oracle

Barbara Gordon sounded exhausted as she called Young Justice headquarters at 11:07. "Things got hectic here since Superman pulled one of his infamous disappearing acts. We're still trying to locate him, but it's best we talk about this test. Batman is planning, for sometime between now and the end of the week, a real world exercise for your team. You are to treat this like it's the real thing, however. Everyone should be training, including you once we go over the specifics. He hasn't decided if it's going to be the Museum, Art Gallery or the archaeology dig outside of town; he said he'll decide the moment he sends it. It will be a theft of some kind dealing with antiquities. Try to immerse yourself on all things ancient that you know are at those sites, and buzz Mariam to spend her lunch hour in the school library doing the same. The players in the exercise should all be Justice Leaguers, however your liaison who is already planted is Zatanna. She can give only you or Lady Shazam her 'information'. Leader or the detective. That's it. She's under specific orders from Batman not to divulge anything to any other member." Oracle caught her breath. "That's all I'm at liberty to tell. Anytime between when we hang up and end of week. Now you know as much as I, so train hard and be prepared for anything." Another deep breath and a solemn look. "Any questions I may be able to answer?" She waited for Nightstar to process what she was told.

Velocity

Velocity watched with a sidelong glance. She got wide-eyed and jumped at the sight of the bug. "Well, uh... Thanks. I got pretty much everything pink cuz it's my favorite color. I have heard her music," She pointed to the poster of the pop/rock artist with that name, "But got her poster more for her name." With another glance at Fang, she said, "Well, if you're gonna insist could you do me the weest o' favors? Be a field mouse as I'm less likely to wanna squish ya. Bugs kinda creep me out. Please?" She then looked on her nightstand, finding both notes. The one from Green Arrow, and the other from Batman regarding the fiber diet and who all was on it. She had been right when she was told to enforce the fiber diet for the team on her days to cook by no less than Arrow himself. She frowned as Nightstar had also been right. Because of her caloric intake... Batman had ordered her to eat twice the fiber implied for everyone else or she could say goodbye to her dozen eclairs. She took in consolation she DID have to enforce the fiber diet on the others.

Last edited:
Rose Wilson:

Rose nodded towards Freya, "Suit yourself, join whenever you're ready," she replied as she turned her attention back to her current opponent. She had a feeling the Viking was going to wait to see who needed the most help then join in, though she didn't know and she couldn't allow herself to think about that right now. So instead she took her usual stance and watched Amethyst for a while, wondering what she was going to do. She was actually waiting for the Princess to make the first move, but upon hearing her comment about only being defensive Rose shrugged. She had more then one plan, so with that she smirked and charged forward. She was fast, not as fast as Atalanta or Velocity, but faster then a normal human. However she didn't continue her charge, instead dropping to her knees and sliding towards Amethyst, the metal bits of her knee-pads sparking as she slid across the ground. When in range she swung her practice sword towards the Princess' knees, attacking her base. It didn't matter if Amethyst dodge or blocked because Rose had a plan for both, but she was expecting Amethyst to dodge. Not many opponents fought the former Villainess straight up.

Nightstar:

Nightstar arched an eyebrow as she listened to Olive, though she knew a lot of it, it did irk her Speedy and Batman had been planning to force her into leadership at some point. "Don't worry about those two... they will get what's coming to them..." she replied even as Oracle called, Nightstar didn't notice the screen light up, or else she would have kept her mouth shut. The former Batgirl would have heard everything Nightstar had said about Speedy and her technical Grandfather. As she heard the Red-haired woman, she nearly jumped out of her seat before turning to face the monitor once more. "Well I mean the Justice League isn't perfect, things like that are bound to happen when you have over 100 members." she commented before listening to the mission brief. "Wait, the team is more then half rookies and he wants to pull a full scale test? Doesn't he believe in simulator training, or I don't know, giving us time to build teamwork? Only two well technically three of us, have worked together in the past, though it was before one of us had control of her powers. One of our members used to be an enemy and the rest are rookies who have probably never seen real action outside of local thugs. This has bad idea written all over it! Someone is going to get hurt. Besides that, the scenario stinks what happens if civilians get hurt? They aren't going to know it's a training exercise... Relations with the League and the public aren't very high right now, especially after... well... you know what." Nightstar replied, despite her mirrored sunglasses it was clear she was annoyed at this idea. Little did they know what was happening in Metropolis right this moment.

Lady Loki:

Claire was pissed, the items she was after were being auctioned right now, and that meant people might get hurt. With a sigh she walked towards the door, tossing the guards aside with her magic. Just moments after Kara won the bid for The Eye of Cerberus the door burst open with explosive force. Though somehow no one was hurt, but the last few rows were pushed farther into the room as some screamed and others tried to figure out what had just happened. In the doorway, standing tall and majestic, her stance almost seductive, was Lady Loki.

"Hm those items belong to me," she said coolie as she started into the room. "Now, now little humans, don't worry, I'm a merciful Goddess and have no intention of hurting you. All you need do is... kneel, that should be easy enough for you. You do it all the time for your idols. So kneel before Loki, Goddess of Mischief." of course she was known, though she wasn't usually one for petty or felony theft. As she strode down the aisle her hips swaying ever so seductively, she noticed Lex standing to block her path and she came to a stop. "Now, now Lexi I'd suggest you get out of my way. Sebastian contacted me first, so the Eye of Cerberus is his. And don't bother trying to stop me Lobo, in fact, have a seat!"

Without looking away from Lex Luthor she pointed at the Galactic Bounty Hunter's seat, which he had just vacated, and it reached up and grabbed the man, pulling him back down. No matter what he did he couldn't get free. Brushing past Lex she made her way to the stage where the items she wanted were. Picking up the large red gem she smiled and sent it back to her lair. Then she turned to the glass case holding the Tomes she was after. This would be more difficult as she couldn't use magic to move them or she risked activating them. She also noticed someone's reflection in the case moving behind her.

"Well if it isn't Zatanna, I thought you were in Vegas with a new magic show," Lady Loki commented without turning to face the woman. "Careful now, you don't want to activate these tomes, they can be quite dangerous once infused with Magic. They will be safe with me and no one will be able to use them for ill." she added as she opened the case and picked up the Tomes, before turning to face the other woman. "But if you insist on fighting I'm afraid you are out match," Lady Loki said calmly before raising a hand and ropes quickly bound Zatanna, and as she was about to say one of her spells the same ropes gagged her, "I know how your magic works my dear, now, once I'm gone, you'll be released so don't worry, though I wouldn't suggest releasing that filthy Bounty Hunter yet, he looks like he might tear this place down."

She then made her way towards the exit, pausing next to Lex, "Now perhaps you'll learn to avoid hiring the riff-raft and higher real genius. Oh by the way, if you see my brother send him my regards." she commented as she left the Auction room, headed for the main exit. Of course she knew there were no Asgardians here, so there was little chance of Thor showing up. Though she had no idea just who was about to show up later that night. For now she had to worry about getting back home without activating the tomes. She had a special bag for them, but had left it in the alleyway for safe keeping.

Cera
Glanced up from her small feast when the other two girls wondered by giving them a small wave as she continued to work through her plate. After a few moments, she finished up what she had set out and gave a sigh. Nodding her head she glanced around seeing where everyone was before putting her plate in the sink and cleaning it off. Stretching her arms out over her head she made her way back up to her room. Yawning she made her way through the room pulling on some work out clothes before making her way down to the training rooms. As she walked she glanced into the room where the other girls seemed to be sparring and she continued on her way to one of the weight machines. Nodding her head she worked through the settings so she could have a bit of a challenge when lifting the weights.

Freya
Nodded her head at the other girl's answer and sat back watching to see what would happen. For several minutes nothing was going on both girls were standing there waiting for the other it would seem like. "Do something fight." She was antsy from her own fun and wanted something more to happen "Come now shiny one do not admit to your opponent your own weaknesses." She shook her head as she sat there until finally, Rose seemed to take the initiative and slash her way forward sliding under the girl's guard and aiming to counter whatever she planned on doing. "Go shiny shut her down." She nodded and continued to watch she would stay out of it for now until she determined she needed to step in and help.

Echo
Sat back nodding her head as she looked around the room her eyes roaming to everything the other girl pointed out until finally, she turned back to her. "Oh, my favorite color is green." She smiled and nodded her head when the other asked her not to shift into a bug "Oooh pranking material." She giggled and nodded her head again "But for now I can do that" She giggled turning herself into a sugar glider and jumping over to Velocities desk glancing down at the notes her eyes went a bit wide "My my that's a harsh food regiment."

Atalanta
Smiled raising a brow at the scoff until she nodded again following along beside the other girl as they made their way through the base. "Oh, right you were a different person there for a while hmm. So what was that like?" She glanced around at the stairs and nodded her head before turning around and easily catching the apple as it flew through the air towards her. Smiling she took a quick bite out of it watching the other girl "So I assume by your name you're a bit of an archer so how good of a shot are you hmmm?"

Amethyst

Watching Ravager charge, Amethyst seemed to know what was coming. Soon her stance for a sweeping attack, switched to a plan to drive the sword into the floor directly in front of her. At the last possible second, she did exactly that, polevaulting herself over Rose and letting their swords speak. "Well played. Probably wouldn't have expected it if the dark lord himself didn't pull a similar stunt. His own daughter cleaved him in half for his intent. You're aware of the famed Excalibur of British lore? Same thing applies to mine, The Diamond Cutter. Once planted, only it's rightful owner can pull it free, again." Unfortunately, to polevault high enough, to execute a flawless cat twisting and arching flip to prevent an in air swipe... Amethyst had to release her sword. Even though Rose wouldn't be able to pull it free... She was closer, putting Amethyst at a clear disadvantage for retrieval.

Artemis

"Reflexes and sight like a, well, tiger... Had to hone them more... Never crazy about it... Took away my archery practice... Felt I was going to get rusty... Arrow trained me... As good as him... His second protogé, however... Surpasses us both... Truth is truth." She had taken bites out of the muffin while walking up the steps and explaining to Atalanta. Soon they stopped at room 11. She pushed open the door, which squeaked. Artemis visibly scowled. "I thought Olive was going to oil that. Unless you like creaky, creepy squeaks... May have to do it yourself. Sorry."

Ember

Olive looked at Nightstar, then Oracle who went right into the briefing. "You both said what now?" She waved off the answers. "I heard. I just don't believe what I'm hearing..."

Kara (and NPCs)

Kara didn't know enough to keep her big mouth shut. "Hey! That gem was mine! Besides... I don't bend the knee to no one!"

Lobo winced, as did Lois. "Dumb girly! Ya jus' gotcherself frakked!"

"Nice knowing you, Smallville. I don't know how I'm going to explain this to Clark, your brother."

Oracle

Barbara didn't have time to frown at Mar'i for her retaliation plans, or really Olive for her words. She addressed Mar'i first. "I relayed that to him myself. You and Artemis/Tigress have fought together. Olive tried to help, but as you said, she didn't have control. We're just lucky it was the Hatter and Riddler, and not the big guns. I reminded him also of JL's strained public relations. He reminded ME in his all so subtle way, that Freya and Amethyst are both seasoned warriors. One was a Viking from the very time frame that most those relics are from. The other just fought a war. I hate to add to the stress, but those two need to be reminded they are to do their best to not kill, and the warrior princess needs to learn quickly how to charge as well as defend." She shook her head. "There's also the unseasoned speedsters. Both of them. Velocity still thinks this is some immense video game, which is why I got on her after you did. Atalanta is untested, but came highly recommended from the Texas Rangers. Especially, Walker." She rubbed her temples and let out a sigh. "I think Batman doesn't want another Slade fiasco. The public, as you stated, isn't too thrilled with the JL, blaming us and Arkham for not holding on to Slade for the death of the Norwegian Princess...
We're just lucky Queen Elsa hasn't declared war on us. We WON'T win that one."
She looked solemnly at the new YJ leader. "One more thing. Speedy is your friend and was ordered to play dumb. She's kicking herself enough. If anything, she may be scheming herself, her intelligence got a major hit after all." She purposely didn't say anything about Batman. She felt he did need taken down a few notches.

Velocity

Velocity raised an eyebrow as the changling moved almost in her line of vision. "Green Arrow wants us all to eat healthier. That includes balanced meals and fiber. I was told to enforce it on my days to cook. Which reminds me... I need to figure out dinner." She reached for Arrow's orders. "I need to show this to Nightstar. Even if it gets me in more trouble."

Last edited:
Rose Wilson:

Rose ignored Freya's comments in order to focus on her opponent, but she had a feeling this fight would become two-on-one, against her. She had expected Amethyst to block, but not in the way she had. The block sent Rose's Bokken into the ground causing the whole thing to shutter from the impact. She also hadn't expected the other girl to let go of her sword which left her open for the next attack. Though she had time as Rose had to recollect herself and shift her momentum. "You forgot something," she commented simply. Rose was conflicted, there was no honor in attacking an unarmed enemy, but at the same time this was training, and Amethyst was supposedly a warrior, so she should be able to defend herself right? It took her only a moment to make her decision and she shifted her momentum and attacked once more, but she didn't plan to make contact, her goal was to stop her blade a few inches from Amethyst's neck.

Nightstar:

Nightstar continued to frown as she heard Oracle's reply, "Being a warrior doesn't mean you can work well with a new team. This test or evaluation is coming at the wrong time... as I said before... more then half of us just met. I strongly disagree with this plan, and I won't lead this team into a disaster like this planned test. Someone will get hurt if Batman goes through with this plan." she replied simply. She made herself as clear as she could, and honestly she was shocked Batman would plan something like this when he believed in being prepared for all possibilities. The team just wasn't ready yet in Nightstar's opinion, maybe if more of them had been trained like the previous team she had been a part of she wouldn't be so concerned. As for Speedy, she didn't accept Oracle's comment, "The hallmark of a good leader is knowing when an order is a bad one.... and to not follow it. She's just as at fault as the person who gave the order, if such an order existed."

Lady Loki:

Lady Loki was almost out of the Auction room when she heard the blonde girl speak up and turned with an arched eyebrow. "Really? You're quite brave, or perhaps foolish." she commented as she looked the girl up and down. It seemed there was something different about this girl, she had a different aura then the others in the room. "If you wont kneel, then have a seat." she commented and just as with Lobo the girl's chair reached up and pulled young reporter in training back into the seat. Like Lobo she would have trouble getting out of the chair now, though Lady Loki didn't know she was related to Superman or she might have conjured some Krypinite.

With that dealt with she made her way outside and towards the Alley way. By now the police and emergency crews would be on the way and she didn't have much time. She picked up the special bag and placed the tomes inside it, after wrapping them each in a different cloth. Once they were secure in her bag she made her way back out to the street, looking for the right place to create a portal back to her lair, as she couldn't make one in the same place as she had arrived.

Cera
Continued to work up a sweat pushing the weights above her head and having the machine add more after a few reps.

Freya
Sat back glancing over to where she could see the orange alien working out before returning her attention to the fight before her eyes. She nodded her head in approval as the shiny girl managed to divert the cyclops attack into the ground, but then she did something very stupid and let her own blade leave her hand. "What are you doing shiny one never leave your blade behind." She growled and shook her head only for Rose to take the opportunity and dance forward stabbing her blade at the other girl. That was when Freya decided to step in a shield of ice appeared in front of Amethyst protecting her from the blad as Freya stepped behind it "Come shiny one we shall defeat flower girl together." She growled and used her strength to push the shield forward and hopefully push Rose back as well.

Echo
Continued to wander around the other girl's desk as she listened to her talk and checked out all of her stuff. "Yea that doesn't sound like any fun." She glanced up at her and gave a tiny nod "Oh oh I can help you make dinner hehe I think it will be fun."

Atalanta
Nodded her head as Artemis continued to talk it seemed she had a lot to say on the matter only taking breaks to nip at her muffin. She smiled watching her whole face animate as she went over everything there was about her powers and such. Eventually, they made their way up the stairs and stopped in front of a random room with an 11 above it. As the door swung open it let loose a rather loud squeak that made Artemis scowl "Doesn't bother me none my barn sounds worse hehe. Sides I'm sure I got some WD-40 in my bag or at least a screwdriver to tighten it." She chuckled and shrugged before turning to the other girl "You're sweet for worrying though, now then if you don't mind I'm gonna get my room set up the way I like it." She gave her cheek a kiss before stepping into the room and letting the door close "Thanks again sweet cheeks"

Last edited:
Amethyst

Amethyst smiled softly as she was reminded about her sword, but gave Freya a sidelong glance. Quickly recovering she touched her jewel that appeared to be a belt buckle. "Mace and Shield!" she called, and as if by an unseen genie, an Amethyst colored circular shield similar to Wonder Woman's in size appeared on her arm complete with straps securing it there, and a like colored mace appeared in her left hand. She swung it over her head, planning to bring it down to block the sword, when the ice sheet appeared in front of her. Mace met ice, instead of sword, causing chunks of ice and amethyst sparks to fly. "What in the three moons...?! By the beards of my male ancestors! Ice!"

Artemis

Artemis touched the kissed cheek with her hand and smiled softly. She went quietly to her own room... On little light as a feather cat feet.

Oracle (out of alphabetical order because of needed response)

"I sat right there when I heard Batman give the order. Speedy was livid, but agreed just to keep the peace between JL and Teen Titans. As soon as he hung up with her... I planted my foot* and got one of his infamous staredowns." Oracle smirked. "I don't know why he gave me such a dirty look. I didn't feel a thing." She cleared her throat. "Do your best. And if that's not good enough for him... Team up with Speedy to give him a piece of your minds. Maybe that's what he really needs..." She heard the boomtube click on.

Ember

Olive rolled her eyes, she'd probably get told about it later, by Nightstar, but as she listened to Oracle; she doubted either had really listened to the other.

Boomtube and Zatanna (blue) (both NPCs)

"B013. Welcome back Zatanna."

Zatanna stumbled her way over towards Nightstar and Olive. "I get my hands free I'll give you such a zap! I already plan to give Batman a major magic wedgie he won't soon forget! Nightstar, don't hang up. I need to tell Oracle something. Something big."

Kara

Like with Superman, magic weakened Kara greatly, to the point she couldn't even struggle. She had almost wished the magic thief had conjured up Kryptonite. Thanks to her experimenting with it, she was all but immune to the stuff... Not to mention the little thing Kal-El STILL didn't know about it infusing Kara's pet cat Streaky with superpowers... Their superpowers. Her weakened state would even be noticed by Lois. Even after the magic wore off. Nobody noticed Zatanna, hands still tied in front of her, pull a disappearing act of her own.

Velocity

Velocity nodded. That sounded like a good idea. "You're not gonna shed in the salad, are you?" She asked trepidatiously. She grabbed the papers, putting Arrow's orders on top so Nightstar would see it first and know she was telling the truth about being told to enforce the fiber diet on her days to cook. Of course, Nightstar would still have the last laugh (and word) since Batman WAS ordering Windy herself to double down on her own fiber intake if she wanted her eclairs. She got downstairs just as Zatanna told Oracle about the happenings at the auction. Windy MacEnroe started to realize more and more... This wasn't a video game.

Zatanna

Zatanna quickly filled in the details of what just happened at the auction, including the blonde girl reporter with the big mouth.

Oracle frowned, and glanced at Nightstar. "Why are your hands still bound at the wrists, Zatanna?"

"You tell me, Oracle! Watch. Sepor dnibnu!" The ropes unwound,but just before Zatanna was completely free... They rebound themselves to Zatanna's wrists. Zatanna tried the other attempt. "Dnibnu sepor!" The same thing happened. "The worse thing about this is Lobo and some cub reporter for the Daily Planet can't get out of their seats. All the other magic, including the spell used to gag me... Pffft. Gone."

Oracle sighed. "This is very disturbing. Your dad's stronger Zatanna. Perhaps he can free you... I'll ask Speedy to spare Raven for a few to take care of the intergalactic bounty hunter and that reporter's little problem." She looked at Nightstar. "Your point is made. I'll talk to Diana, Ollie, John, Hal, Arthur, J'onn and Barry about overruling ANYTHING Bruce tries to do regarding his test or this. Get to training, please. Zatanna, report back here to Young Justice HQ after Zatara unravels your little problem.... And don't zap the boomtube when you return, or YOU can fix it; WITHOUT magic. End of discussion." With that, a very aggravated Barbara hung up muttering about Clark's little disappearing act, and now a thieving magic user with Norse godlike powers. This was all she needed.

(*-since Oracle has very limited mobility and probably no feeling, planting her foot would be the equivalent of blocking his path and stomping on his foot)

Last edited:
Rose Wilson:
Rose had a feeling she would end up being the one facing a two-on-one fight, not that she wasn't used to it as she had been the bad guy not long ago. Perhaps that was part of the reason Freya had chosen to help Amethyst. It was actually starting to bother Rose a little bit that it seemed everyone judged her by her past. So it wasn't a big surprise that Freya stepped in the help Amethyst, but the ice wall had caught her off guard. Perhaps if she had expected it then she might have broken through it with her swing. However, as she had been planning to placed the Bokken to Amethyst's neck to claim victory she hadn't been swinging at full strength and the wooden sword simply clattered into the ice, sending a shock wave down the sword to Rose's hands. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised you'd help her, I'm the bad guy after all... right?" there was a slight edge of annoyance in her voice from being treated like she was her father. Stepping back she slashed the sword out, knocking the ice off it it, much like Samurai did with blood from their enemies. She then took a defensive stance knowing she would be fighting two people now, she couldn't be as aggressive anymore. With a sigh of annoyance she tightened her grip on her bokken.

~~~~

Lady Loki:
She could already hear the emergency vehicles on their way and was about to return to her normal form when she heard someone behind her.

"Freeze and put your hands up!" the cop ordered causing Claire to sigh as she turned to face the man and indeed raise her hand, but the smirk on her face said she wasn't giving up as she aimed her magic at the cops gun, turning it into a snake which caused the man to cry out and drop it. But the yell had attracted the attention of other cops which mean Loki would now have to fight her way out of this mess.

"Great..." she muttered as she stepped out onto the street and saw several cops cars arrive. This was becoming tiresome, and she knew if she didn't deal with this quickly or else the Justice League would get word of what was happening and likely intervene. She used her magic to make herself a path through the cars, trying to get away from them and find a safe place to change back to her civilian form.

~~~~

Nightstar:
The conversation didn't really seem to be going anywhere, it still looked like they would have to go through whatever this test was going to be, at least that's what Nightstar was getting out of the conversation. Nor did Oracles comments about Speedy's willingness or lack there of seem to change how Nightstar felt about the whole mess. She didn't care if Speedy was reluctant or not, she had done it and that was all that mattered to her. While she respected her grandfather, the now mostly retired Batman, she didn't agree with his methods or his "My way or the highway" attitude. One would think his time with the League and friendship to Clark would have changed his attitude but it didn't seem to. Nightstar decided the old man was just bitter that all his girlfriends were antiheroes like Catwoman and Talia al Goul. Shaking the thought aside she focused on what was being said now, when the Boomtube activated and Zatanna arrive.

As she watched the woman she arched an eyebrow, "Is this supposed to be the test that is going to get someone hurt?" she asked as she glanced towards Oracle having remembered she mentioned that the magic user would be involved then she watched her struggle to remove the bindings and frowned. "Wait... didn't you just say that this person said the bindings and other magic would wear off when she leaves? Don't you think that means she is still there and trying to remove it yourself isn't going to work?" she commented as she hoped she wasn't the only one who caught that when Zatanna was explaining what had happened.

Just then an alert went off on the computer about what was happening in Metropolis. It wasn't the standard alert, this was something Mar'i had added to it, basically it hacked into the League computer and many police alerts around the world, designed to ping the Young Justice computer when it detected something abnormal, like magic or other super powers. It would also ping if certain names were mentioned like Slade or some other super villain.

"That doesn't look good..." Nightstar said with a sigh as she looked at Ember. "What do you think? Should we go?"

Cera
Working out

Freya
Smirked as Roses sword smashed into the ice she had created, but it seemed Amethyst wasn't as defenseless as she had thought she was. Raising a brow she gave her a nod in appreciation. "Apologies shiny one I believed you were in need of help. That is what heroes do yes help those in need." She gave her a curious look wondering if she had gotten that right. Retracting the ice she made two blunted axes appear in her hands and she stepped back next to the other worlder before staring down Rose. "What are you saying Flower Girl you are not the bad guy you are just the better guy. My training is only in rage-filled brutal attacks while the shiny one already said she is more defense than anything. You you are all-around fighter, much better than either of us." She huffed and rolled her eyes she had no knowledge of the other girls past not really caring in all honesty she and her friends had probably done just as bad when she was a raider. "Come now lets us fight Shiny one on me." She growled and launched herself forward bring both axes down from her head

Echo
Jumped off the table and changed back into her human form "Hey I'll have you know I don't shed....mostly." She giggled and smiled before stepping out of the way and then following Velocity down the hall and stairs and back into the big room where they caught the tail end of the conversation. Eyes widening she chewed on her lip some while continuing to follow Velocity into the kitchen so they could get started on dinner. It seemed velocity was much more subdued at this point especially with what they just heard glancing over at her, she smiled "Alright let's see what we can get done."

Atalanta
Smirked as she turned around and looked at her room taking in the blank walls and space. Nodding her head she set to work looking through her bag she did find some WD-40 which she promptly used on her door. Nodding in appreciation she then got to work on her room pulling out clothes and necessities as well as a blanket her mamma had made her which quickly found its way to her bed. Along with that were a few posters as well as some tools she could use to play with some stuff that might need fixing around the base or she simply wanted to play with. Eventually she finished up and her room looked like hers and it was definitely that of a cowgirls.

Ember & Zatanna (NPC)

Olive blinked askance at Nightstar and opened her mouth to speak when Zatanna answered for her. Technically Zatanna was the mentor in her opinion, so she let the 20something (almost 30) woman have her say.

"No, Nightstar. You train, like she said. She's going to rally the other big guns to stop Batman from enforcing his test, and unless you have a magic user similar to me or a lantern, or unless you have a Thor, you might be farther ahead just to wait, anyway. You definitely don't want to mess with a goddess. Especially the Norse goddess of mischief."

She went over towards the kitchen area, and said a spell, rather loudly that even Atalanta and Artemis upstairs, would hear her, but not those in the training room. "Emoc dad!" And for further emphasis: "YDDAD!!!!!"

Velocity and Zatara the Great (NPC, default)

Zatara the Great appeared out of thin air, causing poor Windy to jump and hurl twenty-five pounds of pork ribs at him while shrieking in fear.

Zatara stopped the meat flying at him at over a hundred miles an hour, with his hand up like a stop sign, then pointed with forefinger and middle finger together, back to the work station. He tutted at Zatanna, saying calmly, "I really wish you would stop doing that, Zatanna. One of these days, I'll either be in the shower or the middle of a show. If you WANT to scare these girls half to death, I'm showering between six and six-fifteen in the morning."

Zatanna said, "Love you, Dad. I'm in a bind." She held up her hands.

"I see. This wouldn't have anything to do with the brouhaha downtown, would it? The police are looking for some female culprit dressed like Loki." Zatara said rather calmly, like one would have a conversation over tea, as he broke the spell with some difficulty.

"Correction. Not dressed as... Most assuredly is." Zatanna answered. "I recognized the spells, including the ones that left two attendees literally tied to their chairs, by the chairs. For all pretenses and purposes, the Justice League will be going up against the goddess of mischief."

For the first time in a long while, Zatanna heard her father use an explicative. A phrase she had forgotten was his go to in dire situations. "Well, piss and shit. That makes Superman useless." He looked over to Nightstar. "You're the new leader, yes? To your knowledge are there any heroes amongst you from Norway specifically, but Scandinavia would work, too?"

Zatanna sighed and bowed her head. She was quickly reminded of Kaari Árendalr. Their Ice Maiden. Princess of Arendelle, Norway. Deceased.

Artemis

Artemis stood at the top of the stairs, blocking any chance of Atalanta involving herself just yet, unsure herself if she should descend.

Lady Shazam

Lunch was interrupted as Mr. Arnaz entered the cafeteria and looked around. He made sure Mariam was looking his way when he pointed at her and wiggled his finger to follow him.

Jennifer, a friend of Mariam's gasped. "What did you do THIS time?!"

Mariam shrugged. "Probably nothing, that's his 'theres trouble' look, not 'you're in trouble' look. I am lunch hall monitor this week. Maybe I have to go on duty, already."

"Damn. Least he coulda done is let you eat first." Jennifer fussed.

Velocity

After getting the ribs back from Zatara, she looked at Echo. "I need a large boiler pot, at least eight quarts, from there." She said, pointing to the cabinet where all the pots were stored. "Now what else goes with pork ribs and greens?" She was asking herself, aloud, but anyone could answer.

Amethyst

Surprised the ice was removed so fast, Amethyst had to think quick. She blinked anew, wondering what the hell Freya meant by on her if she was meaning to attack Rose. "I don't mind being called 'Shiny one', but doesn't 'so and so on me' mean we fight each other?" The warrior princess was officially lost.

Last edited:
Nightstar:
She frowned as she heard Zatanna talking about this person who claimed to be Loki even as her father appeared as well. Something didn't really feel right about that to her. with a sigh she sat up, "Wait a minute here... the God of Mischief is a man. Sure he can shape-shift but he's still a man. So whoever this person is, they are not that god. They must be using the name to inspire fear. Of course she is obviously quite powerful." she commented simply. She didn't know exactly how powerful this person was or why they chose to use the name Loki, but she was sure they weren't actually a Goddess, as they claimed to be.

As she heard the order to stand down she sighed and looked down, before glancing towards Olive and silently cursed her inability to just standby and do nothing. She had joined the Titans to protect people, and now she led Young Justice for the same reason, that and she refused to join the League after some of their actions. "No, we will not just standby, Batman will get his evaluation. We won't let people get hurt because of my worries." she said as she stood and hit the alert button on the console next to her.

"Alert, alert, all Team members report to the assemble area! Alert!" Mt. Justice's computer blared as The alarm went off.

"This is what this team was originally formed for." she said calmly as she stood and activated her suit. She then waited for the others to join her, as she watched to see what Zatanna and Zatara would do or say.

Rose Wilson:
Rose frowned as Freya addressed her, calling her "Flower-girl" "Don't call me "Flower-Girl" I have a name!" she snapped in annoyance. Though she didn't let it distract her as she prepared for the next attack. She didn't know what to expect from the pair yet as they hadn't worked together before. However, it seemed Amethyst was stuck in confusion and didn't attack when Freya did. This made things simple for Rose as she rolled out of the way of Freya's attack and hooked the Viking's leg with the back of her Bokken and attempted to trip the girl. But she never got the chance to make her next attack as the alert went off and she quickly snapped out of the next move to help Freya up. "Looks like there's trouble, we'd better suit up and see what's going on." she said as she held out her hand.

Lady Loki:
As she moved down the street towards a possible location to create a portal the arrival of more and more police was making her progress slow. It was getting more and more frustrating as she was trying not to hurt anyone and that was becoming increasingly difficult. She had barely gotten a block from the Art Museum. If only she hadn't been caught when she was about to return to her civilian form she could have gotten away by now. The longer this took the more likely it was for the Justice League to show up, not that she couldn't handle herself against them, but it would take more time and she needed to deliver the Eye of Cerberus to Brother Blood.

Last edited:
Cera
Huffed and puffed as she worked the weights up and down while every now and then she would have the machine add more so that she could truly work her muscles out. As she was about to add some more weight the alarms started blaring, glancing up at the noisy thing she nodded her head, set aside the weights, and quickly made her way to her room where she managed a swift shower before donning her outfit and making her way back to the meeting room. "What is the up?"

Freya
Chuckled "Yes is your name well my version haha" she let out another laugh as she dashed forward with her attack assuming her partner would be right behind her. She let out a growl as her axes smashed into the ground and said growl swiftly turned into a gasp as her leg was struck and she was brought low. She was about to launch herself up and at the other girl when the alarms went off. "Hmmf you are lucky Flower girl. And Shiny one on me means get my back that is why earlier I said we would defeat her together." She shook her head a bit frustrated before letting what looked like Viking armor form all over her body including a helmet form across her body. Nodding her head in approval she pointed a finger at Rose "Next time Flower girl. Now though there are real foes to fight." She nodded and with that made her way to the situation room.

Echo
Let out her own scream of fright as the man suddenly appeared before them and yet he managed to stop the ribs from striking him. Everyone else seemed to know him so once he gave them back their food and she managed to calm down a smidge she got back to helping velocity. Following where she was pointing she nodded her head "I'll get right on that captain." She giggled and made her way to the cabinet snagging the right one and moving back over to the counter "Ooh fries or tater tots would be good, or some mac and cheese." She giggled again only to let out another gasp when the alarms started blaring. Glancing around she watched as everyone else filed in and most were dressed up in different suits, which made her blush because one they were all pretty hot and two she didn't have her own. "Um, I don't have an outfit I could never find one that worked well with my shapeshifting."

Atalanta
Had just finished up with her room when she heard the voices down the stairs and then the alarm started blasting. Smiling she nodded her head and cracked her knuckles "Showtime." she dashed out the door and barely had time to stop herself from running into Artemis and sending her down the stair very painfully. "Hey now while I don't mind the view you're kind of in the way." She giggled and without warning grabbed the archer tossing her onto her shoulder and dashing down the stairs. After the show, she walked in on this morning she made sure to keep her speed within the regulated limit and after a moment she stopped in the room with the rest of the group setting Artemis down as she did. Glancing around she heard Ecjho and nodded her head "Oh yea I don't either I just went as me, um will that be a problem?" She raised a brow glancing around at the others

Amethyst

Amethyst nodded her understanding. Apparently 'on me' meant something different in the four plus years she'd been growing up on Gem World, unless the ice warrior was from somewhere else herself. "Let's see what the trouble is, then. Follow me." She led the way back the way they came, running with sword in hand.

Artemis

Artemis let out a WOOP! as she was whisked down the steps and set down at the bottom. "I'll thank you not to do that again.' She muttered, 'dusting herself off' like some irritated house cat. And just like said feline, she actually didn't mind it... Although she made a mental note to not stand in the way again.

Ember

Olive stayed silent, and even remained so despite giving a scrunched face one eye closed, wincing grimace at the loudness of the alarm.

Lady Shazam

Miriam reached the office just as her communicator went off with the computer recorded alert.

Mr. Arnaz facepalmed with a "Luuuucciieeee!'

"I know, I know! 'Splainin' t'do! Not at school! Sorry. But it must be really important."

Mr. Arnaz shook his head. "Just go. I'll have your second take care of Buttke."

Miriam gave a sort of bow. "Thank you. I'll make this up to you..."

Arnaz nodded. "Yes you will. You're now also a news reporter for the school newspaper and your first assignment is whatever set off your stupid alarm!"

Miriam sighed, nodded, went outside, changed to Lady Shazam and zipped to HQ, breaking the new speed limit upon entering. C004 Welcome Back Lady Shazam. Please turn yourself over for proper disciplinary action. Speed in 77.777 mph. Speed limit is 20.000 mph. Leeway is only 5.000 mph over. Have a nice day.

Velocity

Windy blinked at Echo. No costume? Fries or tater tots? Potatoes did sound like a good idea, but then the alarm went off and she left the kitchen area, everything back in refrigerator in the blink of an eye. Nobody said anything about the speed to put things up... Just running. Noticing Lady Shazam get busted she thought out loud. "Maybe it could be overlooked since there's an emergency?" She then said in a surprising dead on Don Adams impersonation, looking right at Nightstar, "You rang, Chief?"

Zatanna & Zatara (both NPC)

Zatanna rolled her eyes and sighed. Oh brother was Batman getting a major magic wedgie now. Nightstar wasn't standing down as she suggested. Well... All but ordered. "What good is my mentoring if it's ignored?"

Zatara said nothing, but watched everyone race to the front... Including Lady Shazam at breakneck speed in comparison to even the speedsters. He looked at Velocity and said "Cornbread" causing that speedster to raise her eyebrow in surprise. Finally he looked at his daughter. "You heard the pink speedster's question. Mentor that. I doubt Nightstar will not listen there. Besides, you know how Batman is when he insists on these exercises... However, this isn't an exercise. It's for real. And I'm in. You'll need a stronger magic wielder." He then bowed gracefully to Nightstar, cape flapping behind. "I'm yours to command on this mission, Nightstar."

Zatanna nodded. "No, Velocity. Lady Shazam shall be disciplined afterwards. An emergency is no excuse to break in house rules."

She then folded arms to listen to what Nightstar's plans were and offer help. Oracle did make her mentor for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Rose Wilson & Nightstar:

Rose glared at Freya as she heard the name again, "Call me that name one more time, and I'll show you why I used to be one of the "bad guys" got it Ice Box!?" she snapped before moving to her locker and changing. Once she was in her Ravager suit she joined the others in time to see Artemis being carried into the room and smirked. "So when's the wedding Archer?" she commented simply before turning her attention towards their leader.

Nightstar had stepped away briefly to actually put on her Nightstar suit, which had similarities to both her parents' suits. Once she was back and everyone assembled she cut off the alarm and made her way over to the Boom Tube, then addressed Zatara first. "You'll be in a support role, its bad enough more the half the team wont know any formations. I don't need anyone getting tangled up or hitting our own people or civilians in the confusion." she said simply before turning back to the team.

"Look, I know most of us have never worked together before, and some of you haven't even done this kind of thing before. But there is a magic user causing trouble in Metropolis. Innocent people are in danger and this team wasn't made to standby and let that happen. This person claims she is a Norse Goddess, but I doubt that is true, however it is clear that she is a skilled and powerful magic user, so we need to be cautious. I want the less experienced fighters to stay near the back. This isn't a teaching experience it's the real deal, people could get hurt. Artemis is second in command, so if I go down, you follow her without question. Now lets go, computer set destination to Metropolis as close as you can to the Art Museum. Young Justice, Assemble!" with her speech concluded Nightstar turned and walked through the Boom Tube. Going first gave her the chance to survey and access the situation and form her battle plan.

Lady Loki:

She had made a bit more progress and was nearing the location she planned to open the portal to return home. She didn't know that the new Young Justice lineup would be arriving long before the League could, given the confusion with Big Blue's disappearance. With an annoyed sigh she tossed another police car down the street with her magic. As before it missed hurting anyone, something Metropolis PD was too busy trying to stop Lady Loki to notice. This was becoming tedious and she was worried that soon she would make a mistake and someone would end up get hurt.

Cera/Comet
Smiled as she stretched her arms out over her head tensing the muscles she had just spent her time working out. Glancing around the room she took in all the ladies admiring the fact that they were assembled together for the first time and had done it surprisingly fast. Nodding her head she turned once more so that she could watch Nightstar beginning to float slightly as she grew excited and determined. "Let us the go and handle this villain."

Freya/Perma
Smirked and rolled her eyes at the "bad guy" "I am no box but I am icy although somehow you are colder still Flower Girl." She chuckled and made her way into the room just as Nightstar was returning. Listening in she nodded her head to what she was saying and then she cried out in fury "Surely you jest this is no Asgardian lord she must be an imposter sullying my gods names." She narrowed her eyes after a moment "Unless it is the god of mischief Loki in the guise of this powerful witch." She nodded her head and smashed the ground with one of her frozen axes "We must bring her down for Asgard, she will rue the day."

Cera/Fang
Shivered a smidge as Nightstar started in on her speech detailing what they would be doing and what would be happening. Nodding her head she balled up her fists this is what she had trained for this was what she had worked so hard to do. She wanted to help people and more than she could have back home. Although she would be stuck on support for the day she knew there was something she could do to help. "We can do this"

Atalanta
Glanced down at the girl and smiled as she shrugged "You were in the way we needed to be down here you got held like a princess whats there to hate." She laughed and shrugged as she winked down at her then turned to watch nightstar listening as she spoke. Seemed she would be in the back for the day which wouldn't be terrible and would probably be better if she needed to run some messages or something. She smiled and glanced around taking in the other girls all preparing for their first mission.

Amethyst saluted Nightstar silently after the speech, and was second through the door. Zatara, waved for everyone to go first.

"Let's go girls and Zatara? Keep your chivalry, you're support, you should have been second one out, not the airhead warrior princess! Move it, all of you!"

"Artemis, sweetie.... This attitude, besides that stunt you pulled on the last mission, is EXACTLY why you aren't leader." She then said to her dad. "She does have a point, Dad, you should have been RIGHT behind Nightstar."

Rose wasn't going to let Artemis live Zatanna's remarks down either... If she heard them.

Ember was out the gate as well, as Zatanna convinced her dad to just go.

Lady Shazam and Velocity went out together.... Right at the speed limit, as the exits weren't announced, but digitally displayed, flashing with each one out. Artemis as second in command, would be last out.

Nightstar, Ravager, Lady Loki:

Claire was close to her destination, all she would need to do now was get the time to create the portal so she could leave. The sound of more sirens headed her way was becoming an annoyance as she knew it would bring more cops trying to stop her. Why didn't they just let her go, they knew they were no match for her powers. Perhaps they were just trying to slow her down for the League to arrive, but then again knowing how most police felt about the heroes she doubted that was true, they wanted to bring her in themselves or at least that how it felt right now. It wasn't hard to notice the Boom Tube activating down the street from her and she sighed expecting the Justice League was here now and she would have even more trouble creating the portal she needed.

Nightstar appeared in Metropolis and looked around, assessing the situation and noticed the woman in green who was weaving spells and pushing aside cop cars. She did notice from where she was that nothing seemed to be aimed at any of the people, which seemed a bit odd to her as most villains didn't care who they hurt. She waited for the others to join her as she worked out a strategy to use for this. The only thing she could think about was one of the formations from her time with the Titans that she had created with the help of Speedy. It was one they designed to us against magic users where the speedsters on the team would make quick attacks, while those with ranged powers or weapons would serve as attackers and decoys so those who needed to get close to fight could close in and capture the magic users.

Ravager chuckled as she heard Zatanna's comment to Artemis and made a comment that couldn't be made out as she went through the Boom Tube, but the word "sweetie" could be heard. Once she arrived she frowned as she saw the woman down the street from them. "Well she certainly looks the part, and she does look pretty powerful...." Ravager said simply, "We can take her."

Nightstar glanced at Ravager before turning towards the rest of the team, "Alright... the only thing I can think of for this situation is Formation Beta 7. Speedsters use your speed for quick hit and run tactics, ranged fighters work as decoys and support attackers for those who need to get close and don't have speed. Lets try to avoid friendly fire... and stay out of each other's way." Nightstar said calmly as she took off and flew towards the woman in green.

"This isn't going to go well..." Ravager commented to herself. She had a feeling this was going to go badly. Only Ember and Artemis would have seen the formation, and only one had actually been a part of it before. Ravager had seen the Titan's formations, but from the receiving side and beaten a few of them on her own.

Lady Loki frowned as she saw the team of young women arriving and one started flying towards her. With a huff she fired a magical missile at Nightstar which followed her as she tired to avoid it. Then Loki caused a shock-wave which damaged the road and traveled towards the Young Justice members, it was like a wide blade of air aimed to knock them down or at least slow their advance. She took the moment she gave herself to start opening the portal for her escape.

Nightstar couldn't avoid the magical attack and was forced to use a starbolt to defend herself, but the explosion still knocked her out of the sky and she landed hard, in a kneeling position on someone's car, crushing in the roof. Pain shot through her leg from the landing as she hissed in pain as she looked around to access the situation following the two attacks by the woman ahead of them.

All da girls

All quickly followed through the boom tube with Cera and Freya getting a call out from the security system while the two new girls did not. As they reappeared in the new city they quickly formed up as best they could listening to Nightstars orders.

Cera/Comet
As soon as she was through the tube she joined the other girls nodding along to their leader's order before she floated up into the air. As she gained a higher point she would look around the battlefield. As she did she noted there were still several people on the streets trying to get away from the sorceress and the battle she was bringing. She quickly zipped away aiming to help the people get off the streets and away from the destruction that was sure to come. And sure enough moments later she heard a crash as Nightstar smashed into the roof of a car and the shockwave the sorceress had created forced several windows to shatter and the ground to crack.

Freya/Perma
Shivered as she stepped into position from the boom tube that thing always set her on edge it was unnatural. Groaning some she glanced up joining the other girls as she listened to their orders. Nodding she was planning to listen only to turn and finally see the woman standing there and her rage overtook her. She had been a berserker in her Viking days and seeing someone mock her gods sent her into a fury. Thus she rushed forward breaking formation before the other girls she managed to make it a decent way down the road only to be hit by that shockwave and tossed to the floor. "Damn it." She growled out rolling and attempting to stand back up.

Echo/Fang
Gave a small yelp as she was ushered into the group with the other girls and gave a nod at the orders they were given. Glancing around she took in the large city as well as the powerful foe they were facing. While she had been a hero for a while it had always been against people like robbers and other dumb criminals who were easy to catch. The idea of fighting someone so powerful sent a small wave of fear through her "Ummm so what exactly should I do." She gasped and quickly turned into a bird allowing herself to avoid the quake attack

Atalanta/Atalanta
Nodded her head at the orders figuring she wouldn't be doing much for the first few times out in the field. She shrugged though and zipped off to the side aiming to get a good angle on the other woman. Thanks to that she managed to dodge the shockwave as it dashed towards the other girls. Once it was out of her way she dashed forward aiming to land a few quick hits in on the sorceress. As she ran she had to be careful to avoid the damage left behind by the shockwave as well as keep her trajectory on point kicking into a higher speed when she noticed a portal start to open behind her.

Velocity was right even with Atalanta. "Guess you and me... We had the same idea. You hit her front; me back?" She offered, before kicking herself close to, if not at, her top speed of nearly 50,000 mph. Lady Shazam was a flyer, Zatanna and Zatara were both levitators. With her hands and mouth free Zatanna, seeing what the speedster's were doing, pointed to the opening portal, her dad immediately saw what she was up to and as soon as she said "latrop esolc" Zatara bombarded it with his own strong magic, supporting his daughter's spell and the speedsters plan at the same time. Lady Shazam picked up the frozen Viking. "You're in good hands, Perma... But I'm not Allstate. I'll charge her, and you... Well... Do your thing with your ice axe." Lady Shazam flew right at the Loki witch from a THIRD direction, holding Freya like Lady Shazam was a plane with bomb bay doors open ready to drop.

Olive was at a loss, as to how to attack. She stared at things to burn them. And so was Amethyst switching her sword back and forth before getting knocked off her feet.

"Ember! Get with it! Light these for me!"

Artemis was handling Olive a bunch of torch arrows to light. "One at a time and hand them to me!"

Ember did as instructed and a torch arrow was being sent right for the still open portal. "Another!" She shot that one to Lady Loki's left, but away from Velocity. "Another!" This one was fired to the right of the villainess.

Amethyst noticed the shape of the portal, and knew her large shield of hard light had similar qualities, dodging the flying fire arrows, she somehow got behind the villainess, touched her belt buckle jewel and whispered extremely soft, "bodyshield."

Nightstar, Ravager, & Lady Loki:

Lady Loki huffed once more as the heroes didn't seem to give up. She noticed the two blurs coming towards her, then the other land between her and the portal. Her annoyance continued to grow, did these people not realize the was trying to leave. Sighing she raised her hand and there was a bright flash blinding anyone looking in her direction. When everyone's vision cleared Lady Loki would dissolve into green flames as if she was an illusion. It was a style that most history and Mythology books said Loki used. After she disappeared her voice could be heard, but it was impossible to tell where she was. "Can you people not tell I'm trying to leave!? But fine if you want to see people get hurt, I have some friends from Jötunheimr who love to fight." her voice echoed slightly before there was a second flash. This time when everyone's vision cleared there would be an army of Jötunn(Frost Giants) that appeared as if transported by a Bifrost in the middle of the street. Lady Loki was no where to be seen, but she was in an alley way near by opening another portal, making sure she was out of site, in case the Jötunn didn't occupy all the heroes who had attacked her.

Nightstar rubbed her eyes and blinked several times trying to clear her vision, she had been trying to see where everyone was and got the full brunt of both flashes. Her vision was still blurry when she noticed the giants attacking. "That's new... Everyone surround the... giants?... and contain them... don't let them hurt any civilians!" she called as she rubbed her eyes once more, hoping to clear her vision so she could fight. Finally she took off once more and started flying towards the giants, shooting her starbolts at them as she did.

Ravager groaned as she covered her eyes after the first flash and luckily missed getting blinded the second time but she was confused and more then a little worried when she uncovered her eyes and say the Giant creatures in the street. This was not something she had ever dealt with before. "Wait, what about that woman?" she asked even as she moved up the street towards the giants.

"The giants are the bigger threat right now..." Nightstar replied, she wasn't thinking about the woman, but protecting the Civilians that were still in the area. Ravager sighed as she heard Nightstar and stopped out of range of the giants, not sure if she could take a hit from them and not be hurt.

Cera/Comet
Continued to zip around the field easily avoiding the witches' spells considering she had her back to her for most of it. She was managing the rescue of the citizens that were still around ushering them down the street or carrying those who weren't fast enough. She doubled her pace though when the giants appeared and Nightstar called for the refocus "Already on it perhaps the faster ones should focus on chasing the villainous woman down. We can not let her escape and do the damage elsewhere." She managed to shout all of this as she flew by going to snag a small family before rushing them away from the battle.

Freya/Perma
Let out a growl as she was lifted into the air and was about to start struggling when the lightning girl spoke to her "Aye zapper lets have some fun." She smirked as she was lifted higher and together they made their way towards the witch only for there to be two flashes in quick succession. On the first one she let out a gasp of pain and the second one was a bit muted thanks to the blinding from the first but she could also feel Ms. Marvel's grip slipping. "Hold for a bit longer" She blinked a few more times until she was able to see and what she did see made her shout with glee. "Let me free Zapper I have a date with destiny." She laughed the whole time she fell her eyes alight "For the glory of Asgard I will slay you and those dining in Valhalla this night will toast to my victories." She continued to laugh as her axes formed in her hands and she landed atop one of the lead giants

Echo/Fang
Felt like she was way in over her head she had never fought someone so powerful nor on such a large scale. She was shivering if a bird could shiver while hovering over the heads of some of her teammates. Then that bright light flashed blinding her for a moment before the other came making her dizzy, but when she was able to see again she found several angry looking frost giants. "Ohh my" She let out a small whine before her eyes took in the sight of a cowering family that one of the giants was focused on now. She let out a yell, but it seemed no one saw them so swallowing her fear she charged forward turning into a Mammoth and slamming into it just as Comet flashed by and picked them up. "Not today you big bully."

Atalanta/Atalanta
Smirked and nodded her head at the other speedster "Sounds like a plan" She let Velocity peel out in front of her before quickly following on her heels. However, as she drew close that first blinding light flashed and she lost her vision for a moment when it came back the villain was gone and instead all she saw was Amethyst and Velocity and all three were on a collision course. "What in tarnation." She was unable to stop thanks to how distracted she was not to mention the second flash moments later and then bam all of them collided. Well really the two speedsters hit each other and then smashed into Amethyst "Someone catch that bronco he's got a mean kick" She let out a final groan before flopping back

Velocity had her sights on the witch. She readied her hands for a swatting technique that the original Flash, Jay Garrick, taught her. Unfortunately, the bright flash occurred sent her veering off course and straight for a very hard collision that would send her screaming like a hit baseball right into the middle of the Frost Giants at a speed equivalent to Mach 13... Or 13 times the speed of sound. (Physics. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Atalanta hit a foul ball named Velocity) All everyone near would see is a pink ball like blur miss the lead giant and hit the others straight on like a bowling ball. Windy, herself, wouldn't feel a thing until she regained consciousness. The contact with Atalanta would knock her cold.

Amethyst had been directly behind the Loki witch, so the first flash she took the full brunt, temporarily blinding her. She screamed in pain. "OOWWW!!! By the three moons!" As she stayed behind her Amethyst bodyshield she saw the speedsters make contact with the pink one suddenly veering off down the street like a foul ball, the other out of control headed right for her. "Diamond bricks! This is gonna hurt!" And it did. Just nobody would know how badly yet.

The air in the wake of the speedsters was so greatly disturbed that Zatanna and Zatara were completely knocked out of it. As they picked themselves back up, daughter shot to father. "Believe me now, Dad?! Who else besides Loki can do a stunt like that?!"

Zatara pointed to the Giants. "I don't believe you because of that, but I do because of THEM!"

Artemis, meanwhile, staggered backwards due to the flashes, and if not for Olive's quick thinking would have been extremely butt hurt. Literally. She fell off the three foot brick wall she was standing on, to fire her flaming arrows.

Ember lay there drumming her fingers on the ground. "You okay, Artemis?" She asked nicely to the heroine sitting on her. "Nothing broken?"

Regaining her wits slowly, Artemis said. "I think so, Ember... Yeah. A bit dizzy still."

Ember nodded. "Good. That's great. Now do me a favor... AND GET OFF MY BACK!!!"

After dropping Perma off, accidentally literally because of the two flashes, Lady Shazam hovered just high enough to see Velocity plow right into the Giants like a bowling ball. She decided to scout for the witch that caused the trouble.

Artemis had spotted the two down at the same time as Lady Shazam, both called it in. "Two of our own took each other out in friendly fire back at the original portal site that the two Z's destroyed, Nightstar. Amethyst and Atalanta." Neither knew Velocity was also involved.

At the site, Artemis noticed Lady Shazam rising after looking both over. "Well, LS?"

The Big Red Cheesecake shook her head. "They're both hurt. Hadn't been for her shield, the warrior princess would be dead. She'll survive because of it, but they both need medical attention. Quickly."

They would learn over the next agonizing minutes how fast the speedsters bodies healed since they hit each other at over 10K on the speed charts.

She reported her findings to Nightstar as Artemis uttered a nasty remark about doing number two.

Nightstar, Ravager, & Lady Loki:

Nightstar watched as the others crashed and frowned, not sure what else to do. She knew with the inexperience of the team this could happen. Though their enemy was also pretty powerful as well. Maybe it was a bad call for them to take on this mission. The report from Artemis pulled her from her thoughts and she noticed Shazam seemed to be looking for the Witch.

"Shazam! Check on Atalanta and Amethyst, we'll worry about that woman once we know everyone is okay." Nightstar called before turning towards Artemis, "We need to contain these things now before people get hurt." she added, trying to sound calm. She continue to circle around the Giants making sure no civilians were in harms way.

Freya would notice when she landed on the giant it would have a rough texture, though it was possible that was because they were Frost Giants.

Ravager looked up at the Giants and sighed, "This isn't going to end well... these things are like twice my size." she grumbled despite the fact she had super-human strength. After a moment to collect herself she charged at the closest Giant, sliding between its legs and slashing at one with her sword. But it didn't feel like she had expected, instead it felt and sounded more like metal on metal. Shaking the thought from her mind she turned towards the next one, only to get hit by one and sent flying out of the group and hit a parked car. Groaning she got up slowly and rubbed her cheek. She noticed there was a scrap rather then a bruise, causing her to frown as she looked towards the Giants more skeptically now.

Meanwhile Lady Loki finally had time to create her portal, it took her a few more minutes. Long enough for those Heroes to wear themselves out. She honestly hoped the distraction would keep them occupied long enough for her to return home. Though she wished she could see the look on their faces when they realize what had actually happened. Once the portal was open she smiled, "Well, it's been fun! Hope you like the surprise." her voice called out once more before she stepped into the portal. Once she was gone the illusion ended, everyone effected by her magic at the Art Museum was freed, as well.

The Jotunn suddenly dissolved in green flames revealing constructs of damaged street signs and asphalt or concrete that was wreaked by the shockwave. Said constructs collapsed without the magic to keep them moving, leaving silence in their wake. The only sounds were the sirens of the emergency vehicles.

Last edited:
Cera/Comet
Continued to work flying around the giants and making sure people were safe and out of the way. Once she was sure there weren't any more citizens in the immediate area she turned to trying to lessen destruction. Thus she started flying around and moving vehicles out of the way and other such objects so that they wouldn't be broken nor could they be used as a weapon against her friends. Finally satisfied with that she turned to the giants, aiming to join the fight she flew straight towards one slamming into it with a well-placed punch that saw her flying straight through it with a scattering of debris. "Um are giants normally the rock on the inside I would have guessed that they were made of ice. Since that is their name yes?" She glanced around wondering and it was at that moment the illusion stopped "Oh they were not real?" She floated there confused for the moment before she floated down to land beside Nightstar

Freya/Perma
Continued to laugh with glee as she brought her axes high and then slammed them down and it was then her glee stopped. For there was no blood and no cries of pain the giant didn't even seem to react "What in the name of Thor. You Giant should be dead speaking to lady Hel at this moment." She screamed in rage bringing her axes down again and again with still no reaction from the frost giant. "Why won't you fall fiend" she continued to attack the beast blinded by her anger she didn't notice the hand rising up and then swatting her from the head. She let out a gasp of pain as she was launched through the air and into the side of a nearby building. Grunting she managed to pry herself free her body covered in scratches now as well as bleeding in a few spots and just as she was about to charge again it changed to the pile of crap "What? Who? Loki! It was all an illusion there were no giants I was denied my glory how dare she." She fumed and rage her eyes turning white as the ground froze around her a field of ice growing from where she fumed

Echo/Fang
Continued to press against the massive beast, while she had made herself quite large as well she was still dwarfed some by the giant. Grunting she managed to push it over and turn to see if there was anyone she could help. It was then she spotted the mess that was Atalanta and Amethyst and leading from that it seemed she was the only one to spot the pink blur out of control. Gasping she realized it was Velocity and if the other two were anything to go by she was hurt as well, so shifting to a bird Echo flew towards the girl before dropping in front of her and turning into a very wooly yak so that she could take the full brunt of the hit and hopefully slow her down. Luckily despite how squishy she looked her muscles and bones were extremely strong thanks to the constant shifting and rearranging they had to do. "I've got ya girly."

Atalanta/Atalanta
Was out of it she had slammed into velocity at a ridiculous speed and then ricocheted into poor amethyst and it had all compounded to knock her out. However thanks to her powers her body was slowly (well for her) healing itself. So while she may have torn some skin and broken some bones they were being reknit at the moment. So she lay there for a while until finally, she managed to sit up with a sharp gasp. "Ohhh shit that hurt ahhh." She grumbled and cursed saying some more expletives as she slowly stood up and surveyed the scene around her. It seemed the battle was over and there were now some massive mounds of something in the middle of the round several of them in fact. As she turned she winced the sunlight and moving to fast sending a wave of pain and nausea through her. Sitting back down on the ground she gabbed her head and moaned "First day and I screwed up this bad awesome."

Lady Shazam grabbed and stopped Atalanta. "Sit down. Relax. Look, I don't know how fast you were traveling when you two met... But Velocity shot right into the Faux Giants at 13 Sonic booms." She waited for Nightstar's final word, but her concern was Amethyst. "Who's are team physician, Artemis?"

Artemis looked over. "Emilia Quincy. Grand daughter of the famed Los Angeles medical examiner. She moonlights as the school nurse at Gotham Academy. And I've already called her. Nightstar can read me the riot act if she wants, but you said it was really bad and they needed medical attention immediately."

"One still does." She took off and landed in front of Nightstar. "Excuse me a minute, Comet. Nightstar, we need some way to get Dr. Quincy through this mess and to Amethyst."

Velocity came around and saw three yaks. "Man. I got hit clean t' the Himalayas... Or is that the Her-malayas? It-malayas?" She closed her eyes tightly. Clearly she had a concussion. "Sorry Officer Yak of the Tibetan Animal Patrol for the speeding... But I was unconscious at the time. I think I still am, and having one doozy of a nightmare." She passed back out on Echo to let her body continue to heal.

A Zeta tube opened up and the familiar face to Nightstar and Ember showed up, medical bag in hand, stethoscope around her neck like a stole. "Nightstar. Artemis said something about a severe injury and to check in with you?" She looked around. She noticed Freya trying to move and saw the scrapes. "Whoa there, Missy. Settle yourself right back down. Let me check you out, first." She looked back, hoping to see Nightstar. "Nightstar? What the hell happened?"

Emilia Quincy was definitely concerned. No injuries seemed life threatening, but there were a lot of injuries... Just among the heroes.

Back
Top Bottom