Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To Protect Everything (Ghostxtiger and R[D])

"It is rather nice. I can't say the knights ever wind down this way. It's usually booze, boasting and belching..." Alex sighed a tiny bit. The guys were a rather rambunctious bunch. They often took over a good half of the city's best tavern just among the six of them and make a ruckus until the place shut down for the night.

"Only second place. The honor is still Garret's until a new tournament is held. I do not like being called champion when it hasn't been earned." Alex indeed did not want to take the honor from Garret. He had been too good a knight to lose it because of untimely death. But that was something that could not be helped. Hopefully, the next tournament, held in his name, would give the knight peace.

"Not at all Princess." Alex stepped closer, forgetting about five-steps because the princess was losing her happiness. "He didn't die because of you, he died for you. He knew it was his duty to keep you safe. We knights pride ourselves on our duty. And Sir Garret died to fulfill his. It's the greatest honor a knight can receive. If his spirit were here, I'm sure he'd say the same."

Aida looked at Alex as he spoke,understanding what he was saying but still felt guilty"but he said we shouldn't go that way"she said as she relived the day"It was dangerous but I wanted to go that way to see the flowers that grew along the path"

"I know it's hard to think of, but I bet there were more on the other path. A princess traveling is often preyed upon. And either way, you'd have to have crossed that river. Our armor is strong, but it is also heavy. Would he have been in a lighter, less decorative armor, he'd have been able to get up." Alex knew it wasn't Garret's fault that he had been in that armor. The King was a bit on the superficial side, in order to show off power. Alex didn't get why the armor had been necessary, when it so limited the movements of the wearer.

Aida just nodded,understanding what Alex was saying again as she found herself staring at the knight,his features highlighted by the orange glow of the setting sun."He's rather handsome"She thought the a shade of crimson spread along the princess's cheeks from that thought"I-I think I shall go inside"she said as she stared back in the castle,hiding her blush.

(Yes, the pile of armor is rather majestic... XD)

"Yes, My princess." Alex bowed before returning to the five step rule and following her. Alex had had much more time to look upon the princess than the other way around. Or rather Alex had taken the opportunity to more often. And Alex knew she was stunning and still looked like she hadn't yet gotten to her twenties. She was an amazing woman looks-wise. But Alex knew she was much more sensitive and caring, and that was what made her more beautiful than just her body.

Aida walked to her bedroom as she wondered why she thought that Alex was handsome.It's not like he wasn't but she never thought that was towards anyone"W-Well...goodnight Sir Alex,I shall be tuning in soon.We have a long journey ahead of us"she said then stepped into her room.

"Yes, Princess." Alex bowed again as the Princess stepped into her room. Alex would wait until she closed the door, then stood and turned his back to the door. He'd have to stand guard for a while. Until the night duty guards came. Then Alex would have to get sleep too. Because it would be a long journey the next day. Several days worth that would lead them to the prince.

Aida went to her bathroom and undressed then got in the tub that was already filled.She leaned back and relaxed as she laid in the lukewarm water,trying to get her mind off of the long pointless journey ahead of her.

Alex was still standing guard. The others wouldn't be there until after the King and Queen got to bed. Which was oddly late. But the knight had plenty of time to think while standing guard. The Princess was rather incapable of finding a partner. If she denied too many more, the King might just arrange a marriage for her. He was rather forceful when he wanted to be.

Without thinking, Alex burst into the room, Glaive pointed at the ready. "Princess! Get behind me!" Alex shouted, ready for anything.

Aida turned around to see Sir Alex.She didn't have time to dress when she screamed so she was standing there in front of the knight,naked.Her entire body turned a deep red as she covered herself as best she could.

Alex was completely shocked to see a nude Princess. And then the knight fell backwards. In the panic, the knight had stepped back awkwardly and tripped. The loud clanging noise subsided after some time, and Alex was stuck on the ground, face up, in the heaviest armor the kingdom could afford. And that's why Alex couldn't get up, no matter how much the knight struggled.

The princess would find that Alex's armor was indeed very heavy. To where the two of them would still stand very little chance of getting the knight off the floor. "I-I am fine Princess." The helmet turned away from her, not wanting to look at her in her state out of politeness. It wasn't Alex's body to look at.

Aida tried to get Alex off of the floor but the heavy armor kept her from achieving that but it wasn't like she didn't try.She tried one last time to help the knight which caused her to stumble a little and fall in top of Alex.

Alex grunted as the Princess fell. This was embarrassing. A cruder person might have made this into a suggestive situation. "Princess... We're not likely to get anywhere like this. If you remove some of my armor though, we can lighten me considerably."

"Already feels a lot lighter..." Alex sighed softly as one of the gauntlets came off. There were so many pieces. And Alex couldn't remove the armor without someone else to help. Squires usually. This time was quite and exception.

Back
Top Bottom