Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The hunter and the hunted

He slumped down, regaining his strength. The sun would rise soon, and he would revert nack to his human form. His wound still hurting terribly though, he staggered slowly to a shallow pond he knew in the forest to drink and rest. His hunger still gnawing at him, but the pain in his shoulder kept it t bay.

When she saw the dark night sky starting to become red, orange and pink as the sun started rising, she nodded and headed home, trusting the werewolf would not return. She would need plenty of rest if she were to go to work later that day. But first she would tend to the few scrapes and bruises that she got that night. Entering the small house on the edge of town, she locked the door behind her and set about her usual routine after a night of hunting.

His form shrunk, his fur melting away as he once again became a blue eyed human. His hair a dark silver, not very natural looking, but things today never really where. He was nude, clothing never transformed with him. Luckily he had stashed away clothing in the forest. His shoulder finally stopped bleeding and closed up before he went to retreive them.

After stripping off her leather clothing, she took a long hot bath before rubbing a special salve into her bruises that would help them heal faster and she cleaned up the scrapes before putting ice onto the large bump on the back of her head. Afterwards, she took a pain killer and went to bed.

After heaing and finally getting on some cloths he rubbed his eyes and yawned. He was tired, but that would have to wait. His stomach growled, he was still hungry, but this time not for human flesh. He walked back to where he came, following the scent of his own blood as he did.

The woman slept for about two hours before she had to get up and ready for work. She worked in one of the coffee shops in the town. Slipping out of bed, she rubbed her eyes before pulling her long hair up into a pony tail before getting dressed into a pair of jeans and a peasent blouse. It was an off the shoulder silk blouse that was a dark blue color and it showed off her shoulders and it stopped just above her belly button. At the back just a little bit of a bruise would be visable but it wouldn't draw attention. It also showed off the tattoo that she had on her lower back. After changing her belly button ring to a gold ring with a blue crystal in it, she slipped her feet into a pair of riding boots and she grabbed her brown leather backpack before heading out to work.

After one quick check of his shoulder, seeing as it healed and he had cleaned it. No one would ask about it now, so he kleft the covr of the tree line once more. Trying not to stick out to much, but well his apparence was a bit fdifferent. He was hungry that was all, he needed a place that had food bu maybe less people.

Jogging through town, she made her way to the shop and opened it up. She opened up every day around mid-morning and set to work starting the coffee machines and setting out the baked goods out front. Not long after she arrived, so did the cooks that cooked simple foods through out the day. The food was usually sanwhiches, small simple meals, and salads. Once all the coffee machines were started and filled, she turned on the open sign.

It was either fate, or just pure irony hthat he happened to decide on the small cafe or coffee shop to find his meal. No one really stayed very long, most would come and buy there coffee and pastry and then leave off in a hurry. When he opened the door a small chim would go off as he walked inside.

The young woman stood behind the counter with a small pastry in her hand, reading over a paper in her hand while eating the pastry. When the bell chimed, she looked up and smiled slightly. The small cafe was filled with the delicious scents of baking pastries and coffee. There were small tables in the cafe for their patrons to sit in after they ordered. Setting her pastry down, she brushed her hands off and brushed her bangs back from her face. She looked at the man that had entered sand smiled a little wider. He had a strange look about him but she was always the one to like strange people. "Good day sir. How may I help you?" she asked him.

He put a few coins and rolled up bills on the counter. "Wha can I get for this?" he asked her, he didn't know how much things cost, so he just would see what he could get with the money he had.

She arched an eyebrow before looking down at the money. Picking up the money, she quickly counted it out before turning to look at the different baked goods in the glass case. "Well... If you just want food, you could get a couple of the pastries or if you want something to drink as well, you could get coffee or a hot chocolate with a pastry or two." she said, pointing out the different things he could buy. "I would offer some of the breakfast meals but you're about fifty cents short." She had an appologetic look on her face.

"A pastry and a coffee," he said to her. It must have been awkward looking at him. He didn't seem poor or homeless, though his mannerism seemed to fit that. He sniffed slightly, not something that would be noticed. Her scent was familiar, though due to her new choice of clothing he had yet to figre it out that she was the hunter from that evening.

She nodded with a grin before opening the register and she put the money into the drawer. She turned and moved over to the coffee machine. Pulling down one of the larger cups and the saucer it went on, she poured him some coffee and placed it onto a small tray before looking over the different pastries in the case before pulling out two of them instead of one and she placed them on a plate. Setting them on the tray next to the coffee, she carried it over to the counter where he was waiting and she smiled up at him. Her pale eyes glittered brightly in the lights of the cafe and her long bangs fell in her eyes.

He was a little taken, though he may not know she was the one trying to kill him, he did know that she was indeed very cute. He also noticed the extra pastry. "Thank you....but wont you get in trouble?" he asked her, of course he had enough sense to say so in a very quiet manner, even if the small cafe was vertually empty.

She looked up into his eyes before shaking her head. "Don't worry about me. It's on the house." she said softly with a wink. "And no, I won't get in trouble." The girl reached up and absently rubbed a shallow cut on her cheek that was caused from falling off the roof the night before before shrugging.

He took notice to what she did, the cut still not becoming familiar to him. "What happened there?" he asked her, he felt it was a pity such a face was harmed like that, even if it was not a very deep or gly cut, it was still there. He looked at her, now getting the strange familiar feeling, he wondered if she had seen him before, or he had seen her.

She arched an eyebrow and touched the cut again before shrugging with a sheepish look on her face. "I was pulling down a box of hair things and it tipped over. One of my metal combs caught me on the cheek on the way down." she said, lying smoothly. She leaned against the counter and picked up the pastry that she had been in the middle of eating. "My names Nikkola." she said before taking a bite of her breakfast.

Her story seemed a bit strange, but he was not one to pry. Hearing her name he felt oligated to do the same "Mine is Lucan," he said to her. He picked up his plates, deciing now might be a good time to eat for his the coffee got cold and rather unpleasent, though he didn;t sit very far away.

Nikkola nodded slightly and swallowed her food. "Nice to meet you Lucan. Refills of coffee is free." she said before watching him walk over to one of the tables in the cafe. Hearing the door open again, she turned and looked as several people began entering. "Hullo David." she said with a grin. "The usual for all of you?" The large bearish man nodded as did the others. Turning, she walked to the doorway of the kitchen and yelled several orders to the cooks before returning to the counter. "I'll bring your food in a little bit. Your tables are already pushed together in the back." she told the small group of men as she counted out their money and put it into the counter, listening to them move to the back and sit down.

He tried to seem like he wasn't interested while he ate. Though he guessed these men where regulars here because sh knew them by nam and even knew what they wanted before anything was said. He ate his breakfast, it felt betterm especially after the unsuccessful evening.

As she moved around working on pouring different cups of coffee, she couldn't help but keep looking at Lucan and she blushed a little with a small smile. She thought he was cute. After placing the cups of hot coffee onto a tray, she carried it into the back and set it out infront of the men before returning to the counter, ignoring some of the mens remarks while giggling.

"So, what do you do when your not working?" he asked her, coming up to her counter to return the cup and plates. He didn't like the other company much, but it really didn't matter to him so long as they didn't aggrivate him.

Nikkola shrugged slightly as she picked up the cup and plate. "Oh, I do a little of this and a little of that." she said. "I tend to hang around my home alot and work on little projects that interest me. I make jewelry and clothing." She turned and set the plate and cup into a small basin that would be taken into the back and the dishes washed by one of the guys that work in the kitchens.

"Thats intereting,"he said with genuine interest. He neer knew anyon to do such things in this day and age. Not without a massie factory or something. Though he had a strange feeling that wasn't all she did, but he wasn't going to pry, aftr all he had just met her. Or so he thought.

Back
Top Bottom