Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Grey with a Hint of Red (CasualVelociraptor and Ezralora)

Ezralora

Supernova
Things were getting worse, well that was an understatement. Things were already bad, they were just scraping the bottle of the barrel as a brown haired woman stood in her uniform, trying her best to stay awake after a night of patrols. She had walked around the edge of the town for the entire, she had walked through the camp they were using for the entire night. It had been a long time since she had been forced to join the military and it didn't make things any easier for the young woman. Even before she would return to the city she was a woman who had far too many names, more names than one person should have. The name she was going by was Abigail. It was the name she had been going by for the past couple of years, not the name she was born with but it would do for the time being. Abigail was sure that she would have another few names once she left the military... and then... Well that only required thinking about if she got that far.

She felt the rain splattering down onto as she grumbled, the one little bit of shelter she had been able to find on this cold night steadily letting the water drip onto her. Her fingers pulled lightly at the handle of the sword on her side, as the rifle remained slung over her shoulder as she leaned against the cold remains of a building. Shuddering lightly, as she was already damp and just trying to prevent herself from becoming more wet. The leather of her fingerless gloves creaked as she moved her hand, hooking her finger under the cuff of her jacket peeling it back to glance at her watch... Another hour. Another hour and she could get some sleep, perhaps even get a small shower, if a bucket of clean warm water being dunked over you could be called a shower.

Abigail tried to push those thoughts out of her head as she closed her pale green eyes, and felt herself lightly dozing again. Her ears taking over to do most of the work as she heard the sounds around her. Just two minutes that was all she needed...

Before she was Abigail, she had been an orphan not surprising there were a great number of people who disappeared on their children never to be seen again, at least that was how she felt. It made her feel better about the whole thing... She had been bright, she was even venture to call herself a genius at times compared to some of the other kids and had a promising future... Despite that she held onto a small belief, one that she knew was absolutely ridiculous. She was completely taken away by stories of great people who could wield ancient powers and do extraordinary things. People who could wield magic and do what they wished! It was those stories that changed her dreams to being able to wield magic, every night she could do this only to then wake up and return to the real world. No matter how hard she tried it seemed people had been right... Magic was just out of people's reach, but she still tried occasionally out of childish curiosity. She was going to be the first, she knew she was going to be the first to find out something to do with it. But then the war came, and with the war came the army looking for soldiers. Where better to pick from other than an Orphanage filled with people who wouldn't be missed?

So she got wrangle through training and dispatched, and the real world began to take its effect on her. Seeing it always effected her, the world was grey, mud, blood, bodies. People screaming and her dreams had slowly turned from dreams of wielding magic and adventures to... Grey... and red. Abigail wasn't special, sure she was clever but special... Heck what would come from that a sword or bullet goes through you all the same. Yet a small part of her held onto that childish belief, Abigail. Though people wouldn't get it, it was the name of a book character, her favourite book character that she wished to go on those adventures. One anchor that she clung desperately to in this time...

It had been... well over a year, perhaps even two. It was hard to keep track, since she had 'joined' the military and if it had taught her anything it was that reality can be a mean bitch at times. Abigail opened her pale green eyes, as she felt her muscle stiffening, she couldn't have been more than two minutes... Two minutes of shut eye and she was still here. Powerless in the bigger picture. She began to wonder if Alice would be getting up soon to start her day, or if she was in their tent waiting for her to get back... Alice, another anchor she clung at in the sea of crap around them. She had met her in basic training and from there stayed close to her as they worked their way from battle to battle.

She grimaced as cramp shot up her leg, and she felt the dried mud on her face cracking as she hopped awkwardly on one foot, her boot squelching in the puddle around her before she cursed under her breath.

Once her leg stopped having its mini moment she turned back and slipped under the shelter as she shuddered lightly. It had been hard even getting up for this crap. Having to untangle herself from an early night of semi-relief in their crappy tent that soldiers had to share in pairs...Only to step out to the beginning of a rain storm. Now a few more hours later she was still here, feeling miserable and exhausted. Gods she wished she could be back in that warm tent with Alice. Instead she was out in the cold, fighting a war she didn't even know about. Her weapons ready, her skills sharp and her body exhausted.

Abigail stopped for a moment and slowly raised her hand out in front of her, watching the rain as she flexed her fingers. Maybe, just maybe this time it would work. She tried to assert her will onto it in a childish fantasy, in this fantasy the rain stopped, the clouds parted and things began to dry up for once. In her fantasy she had caused the rain to stop, the clouds parted and things to get better. In reality there was a crack of lightning in the distance followed by the rumble of thunder as the rain continued to hammer down. She lowered her hand and yawned, "Not today it seems..." She mumbled as she brushed some of her wet hair out of her face, adjusting the wooden stock of her rifle and got back to keeping an eye on the hills, to make sure people wouldn't storm them who wanted them dead.

Last edited:
The past two years of 18 year old Alice Guthrie’s life had been hell, and her eyes showed it. She’d been taken from her first girlfriend, a wealthy and somewhat older woman named Elizabeth Jersey, and given a false choice between a women’s prison where she would likely have been raped and military service in a far off land where she would likely die for the economic and political interests of Senators, nobles, and an Empress she would never meet. Then she’d been thrown into the meat grinder and been shot at, ducked dragon fire, been scraped with shrapnel, and somehow stubbornly kept on living through all the battles her disposable body was thrown at, earning, for all the sleepless nights and danger...

A slight promotion to Private Second Class instead of Private First Class, a meager pay bump to go with it, and a slightly nicer uniform paired with a cap devoid of armor. Not very worth it in her opinion, aside from the fact the woolly mammoth fur inside was slightly higher quality than wool, meaning it was less hot and itchy when she’d have to put it on.

As Alice awoke in her nightgown and stretched, she smiled and reminded herself of the one person who had been worth all this trouble, who she would do everything- enduring her father’s beatings, running away from home with her brother, getting dragged to this hellhole full of lecherous men- over again for, who she would take a bullet to protect.

Abigail.

The quick witted, observant young woman knew deep down that this likely wasn’t her sweetheart’s real name. But she didn’t care. Fake or not, the memory of Alice sighing that angelic name last night brought a pleasant numbness to her lips, a reminder of her fellow brunette had oh so slowly drove Alice into bliss and kissed her to muffle her cries, that Alice summoned back to the fore by dragging a finger over her mouth.

Alice’s heart was heavy now, weighted down by the taboo of their love. And it truly was love; Alice had thought she’d loved Elizabeth but realized Elizabeth had only wanted to fuck her. Alice didn’t blame Elizabeth for this, as that had been what they both needed at the time. But from the first moment Abigail had kissed Alice in their bunk in basic training after lights out, Alice truly knew what it was like to be head over heels for someone. It was a terrible secret to keep, one with disastrous consequences if discovered, but at least Alice had someone to share it with. Who understood her pain and taught her how to make the mask she needed to survive. And how to take it off.

Then she saw her girlfriend trying to part the very clouds themselves, and couldn’t help but grin. Abigail was so adorable and dorky when she tried to wield magic- ever since she read the Abigail Woods books as a kid (a shared hobby of Alice’s), it had been her greatest desire. Alice knew it was impossible for humans to wield magic without an artifact, but never begrudged Abigail her dream.

So she boldly put just her boots on to keep the mud off her feet, naked underneath her negligee save for her cotton panties that were soaked with last night’s sex. The inventive Alice raised her military jacket over her head to block the rain before tiptoeing over behind Abigail to cover her as well, then kissed her neck, cheek, and finally lips. In broad daylight this would be risky, but it was barely dawn and no light could reach this base, but the darkness was their cocoon for a few precious, stolen moments more.

“Thank you for summoning this magical shield, Abby,” Alice giggled into her ear, unable to resist one little joke.

Last edited:
Abigail took in a deep breath as she rubbed her eyes with her fingerless gloved hands, making herself try and appear more awake. She had moved back a little as she took her gun up before as if by magic her vision was clouded and she felt a couple of kisses on the back of her neck, her cheek then felt something moving to the front and kissed her lips. An amused huff left her as she heard Alice speaking. "Well you know practice or want has to get somewhere eventually." She said with a slight smirk as she glanced up at the coat that was being draped over the pair of them, and Alice still in her nightgown. She raised an eyebrow at her before placing a hand on her hip. "You know you're going to get cold if you come out here like this, and i am supposed to be on guard duty."

She didn't know what Alice was planning on doing but from the way how she was dressed and the light of the day had barely come up she could imagine that it was something that would get the pair of them in trouble if they were caught. She let out a small sigh, but found it hard pressed to wipe the smile off her face. "If you keep on coming at me like this i'm going to have to start charging you, you know." She warned as she leaned forward and kissed Alice once more, tasting those sweet lips that reminded her of honey with their warmth.

Abigail brought her hand up to tug on the coat a little, which seemed to be holding back what rain was coming down out there. She shuddered a little before brushing a hand through her brown hair to try and comb it out a little before tying it into a pony tail as she looked at Alice, her green eyes having a ring of gold around the pupil. "Seriously though aren't you cold? I thought you were going to be sleeping in till the morning with the fun we had, had last night." She muttered, she had thought she had taken Alice to quite a serious high, but she seemed up and ready for more. Unless she had seriously misread the situation.

“I’ll be fine, Abby,” Alice cooed. “You should really be thinking about why you’re being asked to freeze your bottom off in the middle of the night when it’s not a double light day. I didn’t feel you next to me in the tent so I got concerned, and wanted to make sure you wouldn’t freeze to death. Hopefully this jacket will be enough”- she said as she walked behind her girlfriend and wrapped herself and the jacket tightly around Abigail’s body- “to keep you warm while your body does the same for me.”

As for Abigail’s quip about charging her, Alice rolled her eyes and teasingly swatted Abby’s ass so softly no one could hear after Abby kissed. Then she started groping Abigail’s breasts over her uniform, kissed the back of her neck, and whispered in her ear, “You know, you ought to pull your mind out of the gutter sometimes...I didn’t initially come here to do anything to you, but now you’ve pulled me down with you. So, here’s my thinking. There’s nothing in the Army Manual that says you can’t do other things to pass the time while guarding, or have other things done to you; so, guard. Pretend I’m not here as I show my gratitude for last night. And do try to stand up straight.”

With that, Alice nipped and sucked at the left corner of Abigail’s neck, as she was wont to do. She followed that up with unbuttoning a couple buttons at the top of Abigail’s uniform...just enough to reach her left hand in and play with Abigail’s left breast. But Alice’s offensive still was not done, as her right hand snaked over Abby’s stomach and then plunged into her pants, under her panties, and just over her bush to her rapidly dampening pussy.

Abigail closed her eyes for a moment as she stared out into the dark. "You know if we're caught it's going to be trouble for the pair of us, there are many things my sweet words can do. But talking out of being shot is not one of the-." She stopped as she felt Alice's hands begin to move over her breast and down her front as she caught her breath before letting out a low grumble as she straightened up a little more. Her back moving up as she could feel her body begin to warm up slightly. "Alice, you're going to pay for this later i hope you know." She grumbled, not making any effort to stop it as she kept her eyes forward. She could however, feel her nipple hardening against the shirt on the inside of the jacket, and her pussy heating up as she let out a breath. Just showing how warm she was, her breath was clearly rising up out of her mouth in a plume of mist.

She brushed some of her brown hair off her face as she felt Alice's surprisingly warm hands over her body, the rain out above was still going, in fact if anything it was falling down harder. Each drop smacking onto the ground and bouncing up in a splash, still it was dark, and there was little to see out there beyond the rain and sound of water flowing around them. "I hope you closed the tent, otherwise everything you have is going to be soaked..." She said, doing her best to keep her tone dignified and not moan out. She wasn't going to give Alice that pleasure just yet, no no it would take a bit more than public groping to do that.

Abigail cleared her throat as she rather casually moved her left arm back around her and brought it forward, feeling Alice's ass as she gripped it and gave it a squeeze. She might not be able to do too much else, but that was one thing that she could certainly managed for now. Just because her back was to Alice, didn't mean that she was completely at the young woman's mercy.

“Oh, I closed the tent, don’t you worry...” Alice purred. “But I want to make a tent of my own out of you,” she said.

To demonstrate her point, the nubile soldier started to put her middle and ring fingers deep inside of Abigail’s pussy the way she had deduced that her older girlfriend (by two years, or so she claimed) liked, and made come hither motions back and forth, while also circling her thumb around Abigail’s erect and wet clitoris. She knew that Abigail would probably groan at her corny pun (and hopefully from Alice’s stimulation of her sex and nipple as well), but also knew that Abigail also appreciated this side of her.

Alice also felt her heart swelling from holding her tall, brave, beautiful dreamer like this and sighed against her neck with a nibble on her ear, “Do you know that you’re the only good thing I have left in my life, dear Abby? I love you with everything that I am.”

Abigail could feel her blood beginning to warm up as she gave a slight sigh as she felt Alice continue to push her hand deeper into her pants. "I swear at times i'm going to need to put a lock on these to keep them on." She moaned as she felt her finger glide into her. She shuddered slightly, the assault was welcome but poor for her observation. What Alice was thinking she could only guess, but she was far too into it to care about much else. "You'll be paying for this tonight you know..." She moaned, her voice warm, as it rose up slightly as she felt her glide over her clit. The rain was so heavy that if anyone heard her moans and groans of pleasure they should be promoted to a scout. She moved her hands around and gripped Alice's butt cheeks with both her hands, the leather of her fingerless gloves a little cold and damp from the rain, but she squeezed, having to move under her nightgown.

It wasn't the first time Alice had done something like this, or Abigail. It was slowly becoming a game between the pair of them, making their shifts all the more entertaining and on more than one occasion they had almost been spotted. Only just about being able to pull themselves together to let a curious passer by that everything was okay. What they had also learnt is that whilst it was nice, they were on a battlefield and there was no time for hanging around and hours and hours of kissing, sexual acts and other niceties.

Due to that Abigail closed her eyes and felt herself release as she came. There was a short wave of pleasure, and a warmth that moved over her. The pleasant relief from the cold and rain amazing... Though... "Keep the coat up." She said once she regained herself. If the enemy was looking in on them it was going to be a rather strange sight, and if she got shot now. It would most likely be the most likely be very hard to explain. She took her hands and undid her trousers, and unzipping up the leg to make them be pulled over her boots and pulled them off. The cold air moving over her legs, and recently please pussy. She then slipped off her underwear, there was no point in keeping those on now that they were soaked. She got her trousers back on and looked far more dignified before she gave Alice a wink. With a clip her belt was secured and she pressed her underwear down the front of Alice's nightgown so no one would see them. "Something to remember me by whilst i'm on duty." She gave a satisfied grin of victory before nodding her head. "I love you too Alice.." She said and gave her one quick kiss before she smacked her butt. "Now go.." She laughed, "Before we really get in trouble and get changed okay?" She took the coat and draped it over Alice's shoulders, "And Alice... thanks for this."

“You remember I learned to pick locks on the street, right babe? And there’s no lock I wouldn’t defeat to be with you,” Alice giggled, then squeaked a little when Abigail squeezed her tight, athletic ass (which Abigail had confessed was her favorite feature of her lanky girlfriend).

She wished so desperately that she could make Abigail scream her name, that they could make love for hours while whispering barely comprehensible and sweet words and pleas to each other. And she often fantasized about running away to some remote island in the Alliance that was more accepting of homosexuals to marry her, having sex as loud and rough as they could please on their wedding night, and living out the rest of her days in quiet bliss with her darling Abigail by her side.

For now, though, Alice grinned like an idiot, purred as Abigail orgasmed, “Ohhh, baby, you know I love whenever you cum for your bad little girl” and licked Abigail’s cum off her fingers with another silly smile after Abigail stuffed her panties down Alice’s nightgown and kissed her.

“I look forward to my punishment, love, but for now, I win!” she whispered and playfully pulled out Abby’s panties and whipped them around like a flag before balling them up and heading back to her tent.

She had of course hoped that Abby would return the favor, but Alice knew that with the Surabamba Freedom Front melting into the jungle after their initial territorial gains were smashed and threatening to attack any Imperial base at any time, Abigail had to be on high alert. Fortunately for Alice, she didn’t have to be for a few hours, so she sniffed Abigail’s panties and started to masturbate before planning on changing into her uniform going back to bed until her shift started...

That was when the alarm was sounded. Gunfire and even cannon explosions appeared to be coming from...the ocean? Most of the scouts and defenses were pointed at the jungle because the Imperial Navy was defending the coast, so horror crossed the faces of most soldiers when a Kraken destroyed many of the ships that were supposed to be doing so, and hundreds of merfolk warriors and rebel divers carrying advanced weaponry charged ashore.

Abigail stayed at her post, eventually being moved around the place as she tried to stare out in the rain to find where anything could be coming from. Soon the warmth she had acquired from Alice was beginning to leave her and was replaced with a damp numbness. She was crouched under a heavy cloak that she had been leant with her weapon resting at her side as she stared outwards. She wasn't looking at anything she was simply staring. Before there was an alarm and a loud boom that caused the ground to shake. She shot to her feet, picking the gun up and cocking it ready to fire. She was doing her job, she took aim, resting the stock against her shoulder, both eyes open as she took careful aim before she squeezed the trigger.

It wasn't long before everything delved into complete and utter chaos. The sight of the Kraken would do that for you. Strategy was lost and people were panicking and fleeing from the camp. There weren't enough to deal with this type of attack this quickly. Abigail was rushing through the camp as shots were fired and whizzed over head, one brushed passed her cheek and cut a thin line. She didn't have time to rub away the blood that was leaking over her cheek. She just had to find Alice in the chaos and get out of here. She had to stop occasionally to fire off a shot at the merfolk to clear the path or help someone struggling. "Come on where are you?" She ducked behind a muddy hill and looked over, her cloak and uniform was so caked in mud and other unsavoury things that she pretty much blended into the hill as she scanned the area.

She continued to scan the area and if she spotted Alice she'd rush over to help her and without a word would take her hand. Grasping it tightly before beginning to run towards the forest, away from the battle, far, far away. She'd run until she couldn't anymore, until they found somewhere safe to stop and rest and potentially make camp. They couldn't stay there, the camp was lost at this point and she would be damned if she'd stay and fight for something that was already gone.

Alice had been disoriented when she was suddenly attacked by a bayonet wielding Surabamban rebel slicing the knife through her tent, but she’d managed to throw a knife into his throat and through his brain stem, killing him instantly. Then, ever the tinkerer and self taught scientist, the young girl took a gauntlet off of the man’s left hand, then figured out that it could fire off a spring loaded grappling hook. She also picked up a Sperling-Watson Model 1867 revolver and quickly figured out that she could grapple all over the battlefield in order to flank around her foes and pick them off like so many flies.

When Abigail found Alice, Alice was at first ecstatic to see her, but then got annoyed when Abigail tried to persuade her to retreat, saying the situation would be hopeless once the kraken reached the shoreline. Alice tried arguing that the Empire could still win and that as soldiers they should never retreat unless given a general retreat order, declaring, “Impossible is a temporary state.” With fortuitous timing, said order blared over the loudspeakers.

That made Alice begrudgingly agree to retreat, but then wonder why none of the Goliaths, the Empire’s most powerful vehicles and the most recognizable symbol of its military supremacy, were firing on the enemy while walking backwards to cover the infantry’s retreat. So, despite any protestations from Abigail, she grappled up to the cockpit on the “head” of the walking artillery, pushed aside the drunkenly snoring pilot with disgust, and began trying to work the controls...

Abigail ran a hand through her hair as she saw Alice run off towards the Goliath through the battlefield. "Yo-Wh. Oooh i'm going to kill you!" She yelled as she dropped onto her front and pulled her cloak over her, moving her rifle in front of her as she looked through the scope and adjusted it. Her cloak was filthy enough to make her look like she was part of the muddy ground and from here at least she could make out the route Alice was making. After she had correctly adjusted everything she peered through the scope and pulled the bolt back, loading it.

She began to control her breathing, waiting for that moment in between breaths before she pulled the trigger and shot a merfolk through the head. Again bolt back, reload aim, fire. Again, again. Again. Five merfolk fell as Alice made her way to the Goliath. It was the least she could do to make sure that she was alive long enough to use the damn thing. As soon as Alice moved into the Goliath Abigail pulled herself up and started moving away, what ever was going to happen next there wasn't a lot that she could do against a Kraken.

Why were humans not allowed to use magic? It could help in so many ways, but instead they were stuck with these... She took in a heavy breath and moved her way to the edge of the forest where she could keep an eye on Alice, and wait for her. Hoping that she would get out of this in one piece. Her adrenaline was high and her heart hammered against her chest. "Come on, don't do something foolish."

Once Alice got a handle on the basic controls for turning the head and turned on the main engine on, black smoke belched from the smokestack at the top of the goliath. The sounds of the machine rumbling to life sounded like a cross between a steam train whistle and an an unnerving, monstrous horn call.

Alice now knew why goliaths struck fear into the hearts of the Empire’s few remaining enemies, sometimes even making terrorists surrender before they fired a shot. But more importantly, she remembered the motto of Caledoria- “Das Monster, das Monster isst.” In Old Caledorian it meant “The monster that eats monsters.” That was why she joined the Army; not just to avoid prison, but to protect people.

Then she looked around, saw that all the other goliaths lay empty, and knew what she had to do. She fired the main 40mm guns directly at all of them, and they exploded, falling down, setting the fields on fire, and providing an effective barrier to slow the enemy advance. And then, finally, as the Kraken roared back, Alice fired her Gatling guns and cannons directly at the beast to draw its ire.

Then chucked a timed grenade inside the magazine where all its bullets and cannons and got the hell out of the exit hatch by way of the rescue rope. When the Kraken attacked, it did so just as the goliath exploded, blowing the monster to smithereens with it just as Alice got out of the way.

Then a rebel soldier sliced her across the back with his sword just as she whooped in triumph. “You’ll pay for that, you bastard!” he growled as he loomed over the wounded and crying Alice, who was crawling along the ground and searching for her girlfriend while trying not to scream so as to draw more enemies to her.

“Oh, I stand corrected,” he grinned, then laughed when he pulled off Alice’s destroyed uniform to reveal her breasts, confirming his delight while Alice tried to scramble away, the mud burning at the scratch on her back. “Tell you what, little girl...surrender right now,” he added as he pointed a scattergun at Alice’s face, “and I’ll be sure that my friends and I treat you very well.”

If there was ever one thing you did not want to do on a battlefield where bullets are flying everywhere it was get confident. Abigail had watched from the edge of the forest and begun to move closer. She had found another spot to set up and kept an eye on the Goliath, and the Kraken. Most importantly Alice when she had decided to bail. She smiled to herself, relieved to see that she was unharmed. That was until the rebel got in the way. She didn't remember loading the bullet, or even squeezing the trigger. He just lined up with her sights and then, his head had a caliber hole through it. She breath out and reloaded, the empty shell pinging past her cheek as she pulled herself into a squatting position. She walked forward towards Alice and saw the wound on her back.

It wasn't as bad as it could have been, as sword wounds go it was far from the worst. "Come on, quickly." She said, as she brought Alice under her mud stained cloak so that the pair of them could slowly make their way across the battlefield. She kept one strong arm wrapped around Alice, she didn't have spare clothes for her, heck everything she had probably was up in flames or destroyed right now. The sound of gunfire and fighting went around them as Abigail slowly manoeuvred them both through the battlefield. Soon the fighting went quiet, quieter and then was a distant rumble on the horizon.

It was then that she whipped the cloak off the pair of them. "Turn around and remain quiet." She said, her voice commanding and worried as she reached in her belt, every soldier was issued with a first aid kit, even if it was tiny. She pulled out a vial of a deep green liquid and poured it over the wound Alice had gained. The liquid would burn white hot and hopefully rapidly increase the healing time, making it look a few days old already. Once that was done she looked over her bare chested girlfriend and took in a deep breath. Abigail herself was caked in mud, her face looked grey and there were cracks where her facial muscles had moved. "Fucking hell Alice!" She said as she pulled her into a tight hug, holding the back of her head. Keeping a strong crouched position as she held Alice tightly, afraid that she would go if she released her. "Never, ever scare me like that again. Please."

“Never...I promise. Thank you,” Alice said weakly as she put mud on her chest to restore some semblance of modesty. Then she wept into Abigail’s shoulder, the thunder and lightning that brought cleansing rains to put out the fires of battle keeping her sobs masked, but failing to put out her heart’s own fires when past traumas were brought to the fore once again.

Her breathing slowed for a minute as she dissociated, insensate to anything around her. Inside Alice’s frightened mind, she was a little girl again, in a void blacker than midnight, surrounded by eyes and black cats.

“You again,” she huffed with the benefit of years of jading herself to this occurrence.

“Yeeeeeeeesssss,” the voice growled.

Meanwhile, dozens of rebels emerged from the jungle, all pointing their guns and shouting in Suraish and Bamban phrases to put down their weapons.

“Uuuuuse our power, or she DIES!”

“Never! Never again,” Alice said, remembering how the voice had dealt with her rapist, the only time she used this power two years ago. “I hate you.”

“You really hate yourself. Use it. All your fear, all your pain, all your suffering will be ours to wield, like only we know how! It is the only way.”

“She’ll never love me again.”

“No one will ever love you anyway, or ever really has.”

“She has.”

“Ahhhh...to be young and delusional! But hurry up...time is ticking away.”

“Do it.”

“Yeeees, we are freeeee!”

Alice’s voice changed as she rose to her feet and cackled.

The frightened young men and women of the Free Surabamba Front could only back away slowly.

All Alice said was, “Goodbye!” and laughed.

Flashes from lightning and frantic gunfire were the only things that allowed any of them to see the creature Alice Guthrie became. Men were tossed like tinker toys, women screamed as they were impaled on trees, spines were ripped out, hearts were crushed. At the end of ten minutes, Alice and Abigail were the only two beings standing from the confrontation. And then Alice fainted, her pulse slow as her dark power receded.

Last edited:
Abigail could barely make out what was happening around her. here was the occasional flash of lightning or a burst of light that erupted from the end of a gun. Each spark was like the flash of a camera as they provided small snap shots of the scene that was going on. If there were words to describe what was happening she didn't know them. She knew that it was Alice that was doing this, her Alice. Except it wasn't her Alice, no human could be able to do this. Not in their wildest dreams. Soon there was a flash of lightning and a rumble around her as the end of it was revealed. The mud had grown warm and was mixing with the blood, just for a moment before the rain could wash it away.

Despite the rain and wind there was very little she could do it was a hard effort to just force herself to move, to stand to her feet. After minutes of remaining down in the mud she managed to pull herself up to her feet, grabbed Alice and slung her over her shoulder in a fireman carry before she began to trek through the jungle. Unsure of where to go, or where to even head. She remembered the next nearest camp being miles away. Staying in this spot for the night though was far from a good idea. So she began to walk.

After what seemed like (and probably was) a couple hours of walking aimlessly around the jungle with Alice on her back, Abigail’s strength was spent and she collapsed in the mud. Luckily, she did so at the feet of Sajida Dhawan, a Surai woman from a small fishing village who gave the two women shawls to get them dry and helped them all inside her hut. There wasn’t much inside, but there were two beds made of straw, as she explained this was where she had been living with her husband before he got married and he went off to join the FSF.

Sajida also said it was perfectly fine if Abigail wanted to sleep next to Alice, as “this kind of arrangement” was not uncommon. (What she didn’t say was that it was not consecrated with marriage either). Then they all went to sleep.

Alice woke up the next afternoon with the most splitting headache, with Abigail spooning her after they’d both slept for a solid twelve hours at least, and asked, “Where am I?” to herself.

Last edited:
Abigail kept her eyes closed as she felt Alice moving in her arms, she let out yawn before shaking her head. "In a town that isn't fill with a bunch of dead bodies." She said as she opened her eyes before sitting up and brushing fingers through her hair as she stretched her arms over her head. She had a vest covering her chest and her pants were on but everything else was being washed of mud. She just showed signs of very basic cleaning, she wasn't caked in the stuff. She slipped off the bed as she sniffed and rolled her arms around for a moment as she looked over at Alice. "I met a woman called Sajida, she's letting us stay here until we're all good to go."

There was a pause as she cracked her hair, and flakes of mud and dirt dropped onto the wooden floor. "Alice... there's... no real... easy way to say this. But..." She bit her lip and juggled the words in her head for a long while. "What the fuck did you do in that forest? One minute you were hurt and the next you were killing people with your bare hands. So seriously i need answers. Right now, and i swear if you've been holding back on me that you're some big being from the cosmos then I hold the right to smack you. I'd rather get this out of the way before i head to the water pits... since Sajida has said they were meant to be places of relaxation. So out with it. Now." She folded her arms beneath her breaths, the muscles on her arms flexing slightly as she did so. Abigail definitely had the build of a soldier, a nice amount of muscle keeping her fit and healthy. It also meant that if she did hit someone, it would very much hurt.

"There's no easy way to say this either, and I'm so scared that you'll hate me if you do hear it, but you deserve to know the truth, so here goes," Alice said. She cupped Abigail's calming face and touched their foreheads together as she explained:

"My family is one of maybe a few hundred in the entire world who are cursed with the ability to commune with a...force. It's called The Darkness with capital letters. It's haunted my nightmares ever since I can remember, and it drove my older sister Rose insane and made my brother Edward a functional mute, but I turned out normally so I just ignored it and hoped it would go away. Then I had to use it to gain the strength to kill my rapist when I was 16, after I ran away from home and had to leave my Edward with the Church of Solstice. My first girlfriend, Elizabeth Jersey, taught me how to wield it like a weapon to steal from whoever I wanted, but we were both arrested for sodomy if you can believe it, and that's how I ended up here. I don't like how I feel when I use this power, or what I do, so I knew I had to keep a lid on it, but it took the Imperial Army's training- and more importantly, you- to gain the emotional balance I needed to do so. Last night, I was told by The Darkness that I had to use it or you'd die, so I gave in. I know this is a lot to dump on you, but if anyone from the Army finds out, I'll be a science experiment for the rest of my life, so can I ask you to keep this secret?"

Alice gulped, hoping that Abigail would say yes and that she would agree to take Alice to the water pits with her and Sajida.

Last edited:
Abigail listened but moved Alice's hands away from her cheeks as she kept a rather neutral look. Despite how completely and utterly batshit insane it sounded it seemed to explain a fair bit. "Alice if anything i'm offended that you'd think i'd tell anyone this after everything we've been through..." She sighed before shaking her head. "It's just fucking hard to wrap my head around it, i mean why you're family of all people. What is this darkness and why don't i know about it? Why isn't it mentioned in Churches, or folklore or by the rebels we're fighting against every day." Of course Alice had the powers, even if it came with a few strings attached she had something that people could only dream of. "Well just... just don't let it out again. Not for the sake of other people but for your own. You looked as though you pushed yourself through a ringer just by doing it for a few seconds."

Abigail still didn't seem to let the tension slip out as they began to make their way to the water pits. Which were pits of naturally warmed water of varying depths surrounded by stone walls. Abigail pulled off the rest of her mud crusted clothes, bits of her skin spotless from where they were protected, but she was a mis match of dried mud and skin. So she jumped into the water, and a plume of mud moved to the surface of the pool. Which were then broken up by the occasional bubble and carried away. Soon she surface her hair slicked back from her face, and looking nearly back to normal.

“Why my family? I can’t explain it. Why hasn’t the Church of Solstice said anything about it? Because they tricked me into thinking they could help Edward but turned my brother into a robot in an attempt to suppress it...as for others, I imagine few who have seen it have lived,” Alice sighed.

Then, when she arrived at the water pits and Sajida went away to perform ritual ablutions on her body first, she scrambled to assuage Abigail, “And it’s not that I thought you’d tell anyone. But now that you know, you could be placed in a great deal of danger from people who might want to use me for this power. So if you wanted to leave me because of that...”

Alice then had to hold that thought when Sajida returned in her birthday suit and immersed herself in the water next to them. But she pulled her naked, still very much mud caked body close to Abigail as Sajida closed her eyes and kissed her, saying, “You’ve been the most supportive girl I could have ever asked for. I promise now I’ll never scare you again. How can I ever repay you?”

"Leave you? Alice i'm not angry at you because i might be in danger. I'm angry because you've got something that no one else is going to have. Something that you didn't even bother to tell me about! We've only been with each other for... Gods two years now and you didn't think to just mention it once? Sure the darkness suck but you know what i would give just to be able to float, and here you are throwing people into trees." She glanced at Sajida before nodding as she had finished her ritualistic stuff. She went to move away from Alice for a moment and rested against the side of the water pool as she thought for a while.

"I'm not going to leave you if that's what you're worried about..." She whispered before sinking a bit deeper into the water as she glanced at Sajida with her eyes closed. Abigails hand poked out of the surface of the water and beckoned for Alice to come closer to her. "Just start getting that mud off you for now, otherwise you're going to peel skin off with it as well."

Alice was slightly nervous that Abigail didn’t realize The Darkness wasn’t just a cool power like the kind she’d craved for a while, but she replied, “I know I have been hiding this from you for a while, but I was just scared like I have been for so long. So, you’re right, no more secrets between us.” Like, perhaps, Abigail’s real name, she quickly thought, then quashed that just as fast.

Alice instead started running her hands around her body to wash the mud off in earnest and looked with total adoration upon her gorgeous, tall, sensitive, loving girlfriend...and wanted to marry her. “I love you, sweet Abby...and I’m ready for that punishment if you think I deserve it now,” she whispered into her ear as they embraced skin to skin in the light of day for the first time.

Abigail nodded her head slightly as she dipped the lower part of her head in the water. It bubbled slightly as she remained quiet whilst Alice cleaned herself. Alice had power, the price for it seemed like something that was beyond this world. It seemed like something that no one could ever really understand... but in a way it gave her hope. It was possible, the trick was finding a way to gain it without the risk of this Darkness getting at her as well. It was still pitiful dreams of fancy and was far from something that she could hope to obtain. She looked at Alice as she washed herself and smiled slightly, she was beautiful. To stay mad at her would be like trying to walk through a storm. Foolish and in the long run more painful.

Abigail felt her close, her soft skin against her own as she raised an eyebrow. Her right hand began to move down Alice's side in the water, over her hip and around to cup her butt. "I would have thought you'd like to rest today..." She muttered and leaned her head closer, "And well you did interrupt me in my post." She pointed out, the thought of the battlefield flash over her face but she quickly went to dismiss it. Her left had moved between her Alice's legs and pressed against her. "What to do with you..." She whispered as she looked over Alice's shoulder to Sajida, making sure she still had her eyes closed.

“Fuck,” Alice squeaked as Abigail’s skilled hand rested between her throbbing pussy lips. “Anything you like. I’m yours...” she then hissed, closing her eyes, leaning her head back, and biting her lip while playing with her own nipples and then Abigail’s below the water.

Sajida had her eyes closed, but she could still hear even though the two girls were trying to be quiet. The young bride had not surrendered her virginity or been given adequate release by her husband since he’d gone off to war the next day. And so she ran her hands under the water and over her tight, toned, tanned legs as she started to touch herself to this. Her nipples also became hard of their own accord, unabashedly revealing their interest in all this.

Last edited:
Abigail kept her hand there for a moment as Alice already seemed to be getting into it. "Ssh..." She whispered and gave a small smile as she kissed her gently before resting her forehead against hers. "I love you." She said with a small grin and moved her thumb gently up to rest against her clit before she brushed it over that sensitive part of her body. As she did that she moved two fingers up her and began to pump them slowly. She didn't want to cause ripples in the water just yet as she gave a little grin. Her other hand squeezed Alice's butt, it was something else that rear. She squeezed the soft flesh before cupping it in her hand. "You have to stay quiet Alice, come on."

She looked over Alice's shoulder with a small grin on her face to check on Sajida again and frowned for a moment. She didn't point anything out, but there was definitely something going on there. The warm water washing Abigail's and Alice's bodies was something pleasant that she hadn't felt in a long time. With that she pushed her fingers up deeper into her partner. She somewhat reluctantly moved right hand from Alice's butt to her breast and pinched her nipple between her index finger and thumb and rubbed it slightly. "You definitely look better thought without the mud."

Back
Top Bottom