Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Line-Storm Song (Fallen and R[D])

[It's okay]

Aubri cocked her brow a bit and stopped, "Ah, hell no then." she grabbed Aislyns hand and pulled her. "We aint going home. All of that walking of just..ten minutes wore you out?" She laughed and tugged her away from her house. "Nope. We're going for a walk." She grinned and began to walk down the sidewalk with her, holding the umbrella over her head to keep Aislyn mostly dry.

"Whhaaaah!" She suddenly yelped as she got dragged over to the side. That wasn't the way home. "Where are we going, Aubrii?" She whimpered some, not knowing the area that well. Which was sad considering it was her neighborhood. Heck, she wouldn't be surprised if her neighbors didn't know who she was.

She sighed and laughed a bit as she pulled her further along the sidewalk. "Eating lunch." She nodded and kept a firm grip on Aislyns hand and pulled her towards town. A diner not too far and she could already see the sign and not too many people there and she smiled. "We need food and you need to get out of your house." She cocked her brow and entered the diner with her.

She whimpered softly as she was pulled towards a diner. "I was out of the house." Aislyn whined. "There's food there. And couches, beds, and things more comfortable..." Still, the girl wasn't putting up resistance. She was actually walking along with Aubri. Aislyn always protested, but once they got there she shut up about it usually.

"Very true, but your house doesn't have the certain food I want." She smiled and entered the restaurant and moving to a booth with her and sitting down. Getting their drinks after a moment, and she sat back. "Get what you want, I'll pay." She nodded and knew what she wanted all ready and she watched Aislyn. She was such a shy girl but she realized..that's what attracted her to her and she sighed softly. But like earlier, Aislyn yelled out specifically, 'I'm not a lesbian!' which only made her sad, she had no chance with her and she looked out of the window.

Aislyn started looking through the menu, holding it high to hide her face. There was rather distressed look on it at that point. She always wondered why Aubri put up with her. Aubri hadn't had a girlfriend in forever, all because of her. And yet, there she was, still putting up with her. Still right by her side. That's why it hurt so bad. If she told Aubri she had a crush on her, it would screw up their friendship. Coming out of the closet and confessing to a best friend would really drive her away. Because Aubri didn't really mean it when she said she'd want her.

She was too boring.

She may have been boring to other people or to herself, but she wasn't boring to Aubri. Aislyn was her best friend and sometimes her source of entertainment when she was so shy and not wanting to do anything. It was so cute and it only drew Aubri closer to her which only hurt her more and she looked down. She couldn't tell Aislyn that she liked her or she'd probably run away, wouldn't talk to her. After all, she was her best friend and she was straight. She frowned and pushed the thoughts from her mind, it was best to be friends than rather ruin the relationship but telling her feelings. Though soon the waitress arrived and she took their orders, ordering her ranch chicken sandwich with fries on the side.

She wound up ordering a crispy chicken salad. It was supposed to be mostly healthy, and it did have bacon. Bacon was good. Then the food came pretty quickly, since it was lunch. And that meant Aislyn couldn't hide behind a menu anymore. She shyly poked at the salad with her fork, occasionally taking a bite.

She smiled over to Aislyn and cocked her brow before she moved her foot and nudged Aislyns and she laughed, sticking her tongue out at her. "Come on, eat." She said and took a bite from her sandwich, with some bacon and swiss cheese on it with a piece of chicken. She sighed softly and smiled, her favorite meal and she dipped it in the small cup of ranch before taking another bite. "what time shall we go to the park tomorrow?"

"Um... How about after sunset?" She suggested, finally taking a more complete bite of her meal. It wasn't that it was bad. It was just her nervousness getting the better of her. Like always. The girl milled things over in her mind, not sure what they'd really do in the park.

"Okay. " She smiled and nodded, "Lets meet at the big oak tree." She nodded and took another bite with a bright smile over to her and she watched her take her bites. Though soon she finshed and the bill was brought she thanked the waitress and she set a few bills down and told her to keep the change. She took a sip of her pepsi and she breathed in softly.

"Okay... It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so... Bring your umbrella this time." She advised, not wanting to be subject to wet hugs again. They always made her uncomfortable, even after changing clothes. "So... What are we going to do down there?" She asked, not sure as she managed to finish up her meal.

"All right.. I will." She stuck her tongue out at her before she smiled and she shrugged, "I don't know, sit and talk. Like we use to in high school." She nodded her head slowly and she smiled over to her. "I miss those days." She nodded and waited for her to finish before she stood up slowly with Aislyn, exiting the restaurant before walking along the sidewalk and opening the umbrella once more for her.

"Well... We still talk and stuff..." Aislyn protested. Like they did in high school really just didn't make sense to her. They still talked, they still hung out. What had been different? Aside from all the cliques and social stigmas?

"Well I mean, like going to the park. Like we use to all the time. We never do that anymore." She said with a frown and a soft sigh. "I'd just like to go to that park more often." She nodded and began to walk back to Aislyns house with her before reaching it and letting her unlock the door. Though once it was unlocked and she was in, she closed the umbrella and set it down by teh door and stood ouside with a small smile. "I'll let you get your sleep, lazy butt." She stuck her tongue out at her.

"Well... You don't have to leave... I mean... If you don't want. It's still the afternoon..." Aislyn didn't want to be an ass and turn her friend away. Even if she complained about everywhere they went, she still did love to be with her best friend. Which was sort of why it was so painful to think that she could ruin it with her stupid crush.

She smiled brightly and stepped inside, "Okay." She said and nodded before she wrapped her arms around her and giggled, not as soaked as before but wetter and got Aislyn wet. Aubri giggled and stepped past her slowly and shut the door before she breathed in and moved upstairs to her room once again where her clothes were dry now and she undressed in the hallway and pulled out her dry clothes before putting in Aislyns.

"Aubriiii!" She growled as she was hugged by the wetness yet again. She didn't get as wet, and her shirt wasn't as see-through but it was still annoying. So while Aubri was getting her clothes, Aislyn got yet another shirt and added a second shirt to the laundry pile. This time it wasn't as baggy though, just a old shirt that she usually wore when she went to sleep. It had Speed Racer and the Mach 5 on the front. As she always accused herself of being; she was a geek.

She giggled and got dressed before she walked back into her room and hopped up onto her bed. "Oh come on. Admit you like it." She nudged her playfully and laid down next to her as she looked to her and she smiled. "How can you say guys don't like you." she said, her fingers moving and pushing some hair from her face and she blushed, pulling her fingers away and she looked down. "That's just crazy talk." She rolled onto her back.

"Like getting all wet? Heck no... I wouldn't shower if it weren't for the whole clean thing." She laid on her bed, face-up so she could stare at the ceiling.

"But... guys really don't like me. How many have tried to even make the subtlest pass at me? Without you pushing them over and telling them to do it?" Aislyn sighed and brought a pillow up over her face, covering herself. "Guys just don't want a girl like me. They want a girl like you."

She laughed softly and watched her before she sighed softly and frowned a bit, "A girl like me?" she asked and laughed out, "Well they're shit out of luck before I prefer Taco over Sausage. You know that." she nudged her and smiled, pulling the pillow from her face. "And you know what kind of girl I'd like?" She asked and leaned on her elbow, "A girl like you." She nodded her head slowly. "Hell, if only you were lesbian." She nodded her head and smiled softly with a light sigh. "I don't see what their problem is. You're the best thing they could ever have and they're just walking over you." She shook her head.

"Stop it." She took the pillow and lazily flopped it over, to bap Aubri in the face. "You gotta stop joking like that. You don't have to keep trying to boost my ego. I know I'm not that great. I'm plain-looking, boring to be with... I usually bring everything down with me. I'm not great at all. Guys don't even bother to step on me. Roadkill gets more attention than me. I'll just get a job as a ninja where my ability to go unnoticed will be a benefit..."

"Aislyn!" Aubri yelled a bit and sighed, "I'm not saying it to boost your ego.." She sat up slowly, "There are some people who care about you." She nodded and she glanced down. "If you stopped worrying about how plain-jane you are and what people think, you might see that." She frowned and moved off the bed. "I'll see you tomorrow at the park." She brushed her hair to the side and stepped out of her bedroom.

Aislyn sighed as she watched her friend leave. It seemed she'd finally managed to piss off even her best friend. And now she felt worse that ever. She didn't want to lose Aislyn. But if she got too close, like lesbian close, she could lose her too. It all made her want to cry. So she covered her face with the pillow again. And she let the go.

Aubri left the house, greeted by the rain once again and sighed as she walked down the sidewalk towards he rhome which was about a block and a half away. Though reaching it she wasn't soaked but she wasn't dry, she got inside and sat down on the sofa in her living room and glanced around. Thought letting the day slowly pass on by before night came and she left to her bedroom to head to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom