Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Night Without Stars (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

Hulara was in Solitude again, after a long stay in Eastmarch. He woke up and tried to keep Satlyn off of him.

"Don't leave me, husband, please..." She hugged his waist as he sat on the edge of the bed, half asleep and wanting his solid frame against her for a few hours more, "They sent you away to train the men in Eastmarch and now they want you at the Dour more, I just want you a few minutes.."

She hummed humorously, "Not what I meant~" She said after she kissed back. Reluctantly, she let him go and laid in bed as she watched him dress in his armor to go to the Dour, "Why I married a military man, I'll never know.." She teased softly.

He chuckled. "Not surprising~" he said. The day went on, and soon he was out and about, patrolling Solitude and making sure nothing was wrong.

He found Satlyn out in the market, looking at the booths and purchasing some foods they may have needed. She looked toward the ramp leading to the forge, where he stood, and smiled affectionately, lifting her hand to wave at him.

His sharp eyes caught movement, flicking behind her to see a Bosmer dressed in terrible red and black leather armor. He was sneaking up on Satlyn, drawing a dagger from his back, the Dark Brotherhood assassin lunged out as Satlyn moved to approach Hulara, grabbing her arm and jerking her backward. She looked and screamed, losing her balance and falling to the ground.

Hulara shouted. "Assassin, everyone get back!!" And shoved people out of the way as he drew his sword and charged in towards the assailant.

Satlyn stared up at her death, tears in her eyes. An assassin was sent for her? Why? What had she done? She didn't want to die. She couldn't leave Hulara a widower. What would that do to him? The Bosmer lifted the dagger high over her, ready to bring it down, and she was too scared to look away.

Suddenly, in a glistening flash of light, Hulara shoulder charged the assassin, trying to get as mich distance between them and Satlyn.

The Bosmer was thrown back and the Hold Guard rallied to aid Hulara. But he wouldn't let that. This was personal. Another fool had come for his wife, and he would make him pay for it all on his own.

He charged forward again and flat kicked them back against the wall, and railed his fist right into the bridge of their nose.

He grunted and wailed, nose and throat filling with blood, before he threw his fist as hard as he could into Hulara's snout. He brough his knee up to try and kick Hulara off but was denied by the Argonian's armor.

Hulara hissed and slammed his fist into his ribcage again and again, before moving back and grabbing his sword again and readied.

"We will not stop.." The Bosmer choked out, knowing full well he was about to die and offering Hulara the small, dark warning.

His head fell from his shoulders, blood bubbling from his neck before his body fell lifeless. The guards did their best to calm the people, who were a buzz with whispers.

Hulara huffed and sheathed his sword. He moved to nudge the body before moving over to Satlyn. "Love, are you alright..? He asked as he helped her up.

Her amethyst eyes were glued on the corpse before she looked up at him. Shock seemed to set in a lot quicker this time, her body shaking in his hands. "Y...Yes...I-I'm fine..." She answered.

Back
Top Bottom