Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I Love You, 3000 (Tony Stark/Ironman/RDJ Appreciation Thread)

I just finished re-watching the MCU, and just like when I saw it in the cinemas, I cried so hard watching Endgame x.x RDJ, I will miss you as Iron Man <3

Heh oh my sweet @CasualVelociraptor ......I’ve posted spoilers too. 🤪😅 But yes! Sherlock 3! I can’t wait! Also....there is Dolittle to tide over until Sherlock.....which may get pushed back because of this pandemic....at least filming of it.

@Cerianne I feel ya.....I haven’t even watched Endgame a second time yet and.....I still cry. 😭

So I bought myself a birthday present about a week and a half ago and it arrived today! I am so in love with it and the wax bars (Marvel: Nine Realms) smells amazing!

49F3DDE9-7CE0-476C-8990-D1EE2219275E.jpeg 2B8D368F-D652-4592-84FE-302CEA56154E.jpeg 18F04100-055C-4CB2-B007-71AC6E80A91E.jpeg 31B3FE2A-C09D-4B52-AE30-36BF6E889095.jpeg 26F5FA8B-5ACC-4E1B-8802-B8CB0BAAC761.jpeg D46C59BB-7885-47EC-AD2E-CCDF15193E05.jpeg
If anyone is interested in getting the Ironman Warmer from Scentsy or any of their other Marvel collection pieces, please go to the link below. The woman I bought mine from still has some available but they are limited!

A volume of old Iron Man comics I read when I was a kid (Kurt Busiek's 1988 Heroes Return run) I found cheap on Amazon just arrived yesterday and man, I've been having a blast revisiting those!

im1.jpg

I only got my hands on the first five issues in my used bookstore's bargain bin when I was a kid, but those comics honestly still hold up. #1 in particular is just downright excellent, probably the best single-comic Iron Man story ever put to print. I didn't know shit about comics when I first read them, but now as an adult I'm seeing Busiek's Reconstructionist approach in the comics and I just appreciate them so much more now. Busiek has this incredible ability to boil a character down to a single conceit, and then use that conceit as the foundation for a story that's ultimately simple, but nevertheless compelling and has something to say about what it's like to be human.

Also, Sean Chen's art is still fantastic and holds up so well even 20+ years later!! Seriously guys, that cover fucks. There's this great little paneling/framing technique he uses, where he draws the bust of a character when they're saying something serious or impactful, but the bust tapers off towards the bottom subtly intruding on a wider panel picturing that character saying something to an audience. It's a weird little trick but it works, and I don't think I've seen it anywhere else tbh.

I only found the first five issues of the run when I was younger, and this collection not only has issues 1-14 but parallel issues from other series at the time (Cap #8, Quicksilver #10, Avengers #7, FFour #15, and Cap/Iron Man 1998 Annual) when Iron Man was part of events like Live Kree Or Die and other series that featured him for an issue. I'm halfway through and just really enjoying both the old and the new in this.

Iron Man #1 (the cover above) was probably the comic that got me into Iron Man tbh, and I'm really happy to see just how well it's stood the test of time.

bwahaha I know this is technically an RDJ thread, but I was an Iron Man fan before I was an RDJ fan so I'm appropriating it for a little while 😝

@MisterKing Technically.....yes because I have a major crush on Mr. Jr. 😂 BUT the title does say “Tony Stark/Ironman” as well! So.....appropriate away! 🤭

I never have read any of the comics. I’m not a huge comic book fan personally, that was always both of my brothers thing but there used to be a little comic store in the same little plaza that my grandpa’s restaurant was in and of course us kids spent a great deal of time there and we’d all go down to the comic store. What I don’t know, if I’m interested, I go and find it. I DO really enjoy a lot of the art work in comics in general though but I love art, period. Lol

As for RDJ himself.....he will always be my Ironman. I can’t ever imagine anyone else taking up that mantle, he did such a great job!

I am fangirl squealing so hard right now! 🤗

I just spent the best dollar ever. These were found at Dollar Tree and it was the only box I saw, otherwise I’d have scooped up two. One to keep together as a set and the other to make into hanging art! I’m not a card player but you are damned skippy I bought these today!

9BBCEC60-FAEC-40CC-AF52-318F91ACDF2E.jpeg
172E9F73-EDD3-4683-A10D-F7CBA6DDA4D7.jpeg

And this comes on the heels of me actually, finally......buying my first Ironman Pop Vinyl just a few days ago!

77EEE097-484D-46F3-B0CE-084D3D418E11.jpeg
🤗🥰🤗🥰🤗🥰🤗🥰🤗

CE4B7AAB-0682-43AF-A3C3-601FF2EFF355.jpg

BFFCF9CB-6B44-412B-8EA4-AF235053D9A4.jpg

5F8F5216-3719-4AAB-B460-0B41BBA0A3B0.jpg

It’s this handsome Devil’s birthday and not gonna lie, I’d like to blow on….I mean out (no, no I don’t, I totally mean on, I will blow his “candle” so hard!)….his candle. I swear he just gets better looking with age, like a fine wine….and I would drink plentiful from his cup.

Ummm anyways! It’s his birthday! So uhhh….HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RDJ!! 😍❤️🥰🤗🎉🥳🎁🎊

I gotta say RDJ in Sherlock Holmes was such a shocker. I liked the trailer but hated it because I thought it was completely trashing Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock was such a favourite of mine. I remember finishing half the complete omnibus (a single volume monstrosity in my mother tongue) in a half day with fever and headache cause my cousin came take back the borrowed book and I don't remember exactly but would have been 8 or so.

Then I saw RDJ and the arrogance of him (just like in IronMan) was just so Sherlock Holmes, always thinking himself in control and almost always really is. And everything else just fitted.
I love him as Sherlock. As much as I love my Ironman…..I really think Sherlock is my favorite character he plays. Can’t wait for the third one. ❤️❤️❤️

Back
Top Bottom