Welcome to Atlantis Academy! (Lia && Chokuro)

Smiling over his shoulder, Caden bumped his hips back in greeting. "Morning. Want some grilled cheese?" It was what he'd been quite literally living on for the past few weeks other than when he showed up at Atlantis. It was easy to get sick of eating just one thing over and over again. Maybe working in a restaurant would be good too-sampling a new dish every night couldn't be all bad!

Sergei kissed Gabriel, whispering a soft, "Good morning Габриэль" before turning to serve the tea and then sit next to his lover. Beneath the table, the Russian laced his fingers together with the other man's while his foot absently stroked over the soft puppy who had made herself a home at everyone's feet. The redhead felt a little out of his element with the other couple and so he sat back and allowed Gabriel to answer most of the questions, though he did jump in here and there when he had a rather strong opinion.

Raphael rested his head onto the other's side and shook his head a little. Taking him, he tugged him away and then began to push him toward the table and chairs. "No. GOD no. Go sit. i'll make eggs." He stated and then walked over to the refrigerator, taking the bread he had been playing with and tossed them into the toaster before he went and took out the egs and some cheese and a bit of milk. "Want an omelet or just scrambled?"

Gabriel smiled and happily answered the other, his free hand on the handle to the mug, sipping the warm liquid and he looked over at the two, smiling all the more. "What's new with you two?"

Relic giggled gently. They were so cute. He really wanted to pester about their love life, the life between the sheets, but he did not want to torture the redhead. Maybe later when he was more comfortable with him, he would not mind it. He shook his head for a moment before he shrugged. "Mm. Not much. Happily living with Rune and Calder." He said ever so nonchalantly. "Classes are going well. Oh, and Tanner and I are engaged." He added the last bit with the utmost of 'apathy' and he had to resist the urge to squeal.

Gabriel froze. Engaged? He blinked a few times before he smiled all the more, holding out his hand to his uncle to see the ring. He took the hand and examined the ring. "Wow ..." he whispered, eyes wide and he looked over to teh two, laughing gently. "Congratulations."​

Caden raised an eyebrow. "I'm not too sure what magical portal you're attempting to pull eggs and milk out of, but there's nothing in there." The blond stood and moved over to close the fridge, wrapping his arms around Raphael's shoulders from behind. He wanted to say something but at the same time, he didn't. What was there to say? His saving grace was the phone ringing. With a sigh, he pecked a quick kiss to the redhead's cheek before pulling away to answer it.

"Hi mom. I'm good. Who? She what?! But I didn't even-- Yeah I know but-- Yeah. Yeah. Set up the tick..." Looking over at the redhead, Caden smiled. "Can you set up two? Yeah I know," he laughed. "Okay. Yeah. Tomorrow. Love you too." The blond flipped the phone shut. "Looks like we're going to Maine."

Sergei's eyes grew wide with the announcement. Engaged? He was quite intrigued as he thought that couples of the same sex could not marry in the United States. Of course, he was never well versed in anything of the sort and so he leaned forward to examine the ring as well. "Congratulations," the Russian added softly. He wanted to offer a congratulatory shot of vodka as was custom in Russia, but knew it was much too early. Maybe he would invite them for dinner and do it then.

Raphael remained silent while the other was on the phone. He had wanted to make him something, but he had nothing! He sighed softly, staying where he was and he slowly walked up to the other, smiling a little more. "Oh? Is the second ticket mine then?" He asked, beaming instantly with a gasp. "OH! You can meet my Mom! and Dad and see my little sister and oooh everyone else." He bounced happily a few times, really hoping that hte man meant him.

Relic giggled happily, leaning over and kissing the other's cheek softly. "Thank you Sergei."​

He shook his head. "It's not...that kind of visit." Caden took Raphael's hand and lead him to the sofa. Plopping down, he pulled the other man with him. "My...Hmmm...Lets see if I can remember this. My mother's best friend's mother? Well she passed away and apparently... I'm in her will. I have to be at the reading, but I thought that you'd like to see your family while I am." It wasn't that Raphael couldn't go to the reading with him, but the blond didn't want the other to be bored out of his mind, either. It was always nice to get to see your family. Caden, though, changed the subject quickly. "What do you say? We'll head back to school and eat there?"

Raphael arched a brow. He listened and then nodded a little while he thought for a while. he curled up against the man, nuzzling into him as he absently listened to the offer of Atlantis food. "We'll go steal Uncle Rune and Uncle Relic's food in a second..." He stated, tilting his head back to look up at him. "How about this ... You and I can stay in Maine for a little while. Because I want to see my family, I can bet you dimes to dozens Mom's worrying about me ... and I want to show you off ... but I can go to the reading with you for support and to be sure you stay awake ... Then we can hang out for a few days. Take each other to our favorite places." He grinned, already beaming about the idea of being in Maine together.​

Caden thought about it and then nodded. "Just... Don't be hurt-I don't think I'm ready to show you off as my boyfriend yet..." The blond still hadn't spoken to his parents about his sexuality, and he was hoping to ease them into it. This trip would be the perfect time. He leaned forward and pressed a little kiss to Raphael's temple. "And I don't think Calder allows anyone in his kitchen, even to grab a bit of food," he laughed. After a few more minutes, the blond stood to go get dressed. "Besides, we have to pick up Tanner and Relic anyway."

Raphael was excited nonetheless. He did not mind not being introduced as a boyfriend. It was understandable. He had been in the closet to everyone and well, he knew that it would be hard for him to tell his parents. Not so bad in his family. Considering how many men in the family turned out to at least dabble in dating other men, no one really expected much else anymore. His grandmother was actually quite surprised to find out that Amari, her second grandchild, was actually not interested in men. He was very much straight. While he was not the horn dog like the rest of the family, he had girls here and there that he was sure to keep away. Either way, he understood where Caden was coming from and would not be too upset about that.

Soon enough, the two were sitting on the plane, Raphael happy as ever. His hand laced itself with Caden's and he looked in front of them at the back of all the heads before returning his gaze to the man that was beside him. He leant over to kiss his cheek before settling his head upon his shoulder. "now, you don't mind if I tell my Mom you're my boyfriend, right?" He asked, just wanting to clarify. He tilted his head back and smiled a bit more. "If little Eli already hasn't told her, of course."​

He was glad that Raphael didn't seem to mind. Caden knew that it would be difficult for them to not be in physical contact with each other while with his family as they were so used to it, but the blond knew it was for the best to ease his parents into the idea of his being gay. Of course, once they found out that Tanner was engaged, the spotlight would quickly be off of him. He was looking forward to that moment-Caden hated the spotlight.

Looking over at the redhead, he shook his head. "No. I don't mind." In fact, he was looking forward to meeting Raphael's family and even looking forward to introducing him to his own. The blond put the arm rest between them up and tugged the other into his side a little bit, settling in for a long flight.

When they were finally on the ground, Caden had to pry his hand away from Raphael's. His mother would be picking them up. "On the up side," he offered, "She'll likely send us back with a caravan of cars stuffed with food for the apartment..."

Raphael stood up, following behind the man - and yes, part was to just gawk at his little rump. He laughed softly and shook his head just a little. "That's always great, especially for you Mr. Grilled Cheese." He teased with a little playful kick to his rump. He followed him out of the plane, swinging his bag over his shoulder while he moved to walk beside him, gripping the strap of the bag so that he was not tempted to take Caden's hand. "If she gives us too much, I can always see if Grandpa will let us use his jet." He offered with a nonchalant shrug of his hsoulders.​

Jet? The blond's eyes grew to the size of quarters at the casual mention and he didn't recover until his mother's arms were around his shoulders. He hugged her tightly, whispering his hello's and missed you's. It didn't take long to wind up back at the house, and to get Raphael set up in Tanner's room. The blond couldn't resist slipping in after his parents were in bed for a quick kiss good night, though.

Morning came and Caden dressed in a suit that his mother had had cleaned and pressed for him the day before. He took a little more time than usual to dress and get ready, but he wanted to make a good impression. He didn't know what Kathryn's mother would have left him-he couldn't even remember meeting her!-but he didn't want Kathryn or her family to think that he was ungrateful.

"Ready?" he asked with a soft knock to the door jamb of Tanner's room.

Raphael had not even noticed the look on Caden's face, he was too busy examining the woman that came bounding down to embrace her child. Cute. He definitely had an interesting family. His little sisters were adorable as well! They seemd to like him a bit more when they found out he was Relic's nephew. That amused him greatly. They were so adorable. He had a nice time and only poked the bed a few times before he actually went to sleep in it. He knew what had happened in this bed before, and only pleaded that Tanner had changed the sheets before he left, or that his lovely family had to put up their guest in his room. He definitely did not want to sleep in the same sheets that they did their deeds in.

The next morning, Raphael woke up and hopped on over to his bags to begin and rummage for the outfit Relic had made him. A few moments later, just before the knock on the door, the redhead was dressed. A perfect pair of pinstripe pants hugged his legs tightly. A simple lilac button down, silk, shirt and then a matching pinstriped vet over the shirt. He even managed to slip in a pocket watch - Relic had ranted about how cute pocket watches looked and how Rune refused to entertain him with wearing one, so he got it. He brushed his hair so it was not messy and then bounced his way toward the door. He opened it, smiling warmly at Caden. "Don't you look spiffy?" he asked, poking his head out of the room to look down the hall and double check no one was there. He then leant up to kiss his lips in a very brief peck.

Returning to his heels, he slipped past the other and began to walk toward the stairs. "I'm ready."​

The kiss was a tease and the blond shook his head as Olivia came up the stairs. "Caaddeennn! Mommy said it's time to goooo!"

"Okay Liv. Raphael just has something on his vest so we'll be right down." The blond nudged the redhead back into the room and shut the door completely before capturing his lips in a heated kiss. He was careful to not wrinkle clothes or redden either of their mouths too much, and Caden pulled away much before he really wanted to. He pecked a few more kisses to the redhead's lips before straightening up. "Now I'm ready to go," he replied grinning a little bit.

Sitting in the car was awkward. They were pressed tight together, which Caden didn't mind at all, but with two wiggling girls in the back seat with them and a car seat, too.

The reading started at eleven sharp, his dad sitting outside with the girls. It was a good half hour before they came to Caden.

"And to Caden Reed, Mrs. Lewis leaves the lump sum of one and a half million dollars, with no..." The blond's jaw dropped and he stopped hearing anything that was going on, shock completely taking over.

Raphael was all too happy to 'fix his vest' back inside the room. His arms lifted to wrap around the other's neck, holding him tightly while tehy kissed for far too short of a time. he pulled back with a very faint pink tinted to his cheeks. He brushed down the bottom of his vest and looked up at the blond, smiling a little bit as he did so. "Good." He whispered, wiping along his lips to ensure they did not look too bad. He then made his way out of the room with the other, tugging at his shirt here and there until they got into the car. He hooked his pinky with Caden's and kept his attention to the little girls beside him, trying to entertain them and seem not so interested in what Caden was doing. Yep. hiding was hard.

Sitting beside the man in the room, his right knee crossed over his left and he kept silent, not wnating to disrupt anything. He perked up when he heard Caden's name. His eyes lifted to the judge and he eventually froze. One and a half million dollars?! His eyes went wide as well, turning to look at the equally-shocked man and he blinked a few times." Holy shit..." he whispered, staring at Caden before he lifted a hand to shake his shoulder a little. "Cay?"​

He felt the hand and could only nod. Caden really wanted to walk out and catch his breath, but felt that it would be rude to sit just to hear what he was getting and then leave, and so he tried to pay attention for the last ten minutes. When everything was done, he made his way over to Kathryn and hugged her tightly. "I don't understand, Aunt Kathryn..."

She just smiled and nodded, pulling away but keeping her arms around the blond's waist. "Your mother always talks about you, honey. How hard you worked in school and how hard you push yourself to go to school and work just to struggle to make it. Mommy so admired that in you, even though she didn't know you, and wanted to make life a little easier. You always get rewarded for hard work, Caden, sometimes in more obvious ways than others."

His throat had tightened and he only nodded, hugging her tightly once more. Looking around and noting that his mother had left the room, the blond tugged Raphael over. "My boyfriend" was all he could get out as an introduction. Kathryn smiled a little more, instinctively knowing.

"She knows, honey," she offered before turning to Raphael to introduce herself properly.

Raphael remained behind Caden, his hand resting at the side of his neck, his other arm folded over his stomach and his hand rested at his hip. He listened to the two and blinked a few times. Really? That was so sweet. He smiled at the thought. That woman must have been very nice. Before he realized though, he was pulled forward by Caden and introduced. He had to admit, hearing the title gave him butterflies. He smiled warmly to the woman and smiled. "Hello. I'm Raphael." He stated with a soft little laugh. He then glanced over to Caden and sighed softly. "I'm going to go air him out ... It was lovely to meet you, Miss Kathryn." he gave a gentle bow and then straightened once more. "I am sorry for your loss." He added before taking Caden's hand and he began to pull him out of the courtroom so thath e could go breathe.​

She nodded a little bit and let go after pecking a kiss to Caden's cheek.

Caden followed Raphael outside, grateful that the physical contact with Raphael could be explained as friendly support for him. Still, he stood aside from his family with Raphael, glad for the little bit of space. "I'll talk to my parents after the girls go down for their nap."It was easier to make that decision now that he knew that his parents knew. Of course, that shouldn't have been too much of a surprise since Tanner had known.

The ride home was a bit more quiet. Caden was still in shock and didn't know what to say, and he thought that his parents were, too. What could one say? It was surreal to know that he didn't have to worry about money for a little bit, and that he had a sizeable nest egg to put away after furniture was bought and the apartment was stocked with food and he had given his parents a chunk simply because he loved them.

Raphael nodded a little, pecking a gentle kiss to his cheek before he followed after him to the car. He still linked their pinkies together, wanting to give him some bit of comfort from all the chaos that ensued. He kept his attention to the girls for a bit, entertaining them through the car ride and he then turned to Caden when the car finally stopped. He stayed in teh car for a while, after the little girls were taken out. He then pushed the blond out and tugged him a bit to stay back while the girls were put down for their nap. "Want me there? Or shall I go take a nap as well?" he asked, not too sure which one the man would want. He would help asm uch as he could for him.​

He tugged Raphael into the house and to his own room without a word. He didn't know how to process anything right now, let alone whether or not he wanted his boyfriend to be with him when he spoke to his parents. The blond closed the door and nearly collapsed into him. He just needed a little bit of comfort from his boyfriend. "It's not a dream, right? It feels like one."

While he stood there, Caden thought about what was the best way to go about talking to his parents. "I think I should talk to them alone." He didn't want them to feel double teamed, even though there would be two of them sitting across from the two men.

In the end, it turned out better. Caden was more relaxed, and his parents had indeed known for a long time that he was gay. It was a weight off of his shoulders as he moved Raphael into his bedroom for the remainder of their stay at the house.

Raphael wrapped his arms around CAden, hugging him tightly and he smiled warmly. He kissed his lips gently and gripped him tightly. "It is not a dream." He whispered and hugged him until the other felt well enoguh to go out. He kissed him gently and remained in the room, actually taking a small nap, rather more of a rest, while he waited for the man to come back and get him.

When the other came to him, he stood up from the bed and walked over to the man, happily moving everything into the other's room. He then headed over to the blond after everything was in the man's room. He wrapped his arms around his form and hugged him tightly. "Hey ... Do you want to go to my house? Well... Maybe tomorrow would beb est. You're very overwhelmed today." He whispered, leaning up to kiss his lips softly once more. He then wrapped his arms around him, gripping hte man tightly to his chest.​

Nodding that the next day would be best, Caden needed a nap. Everyone else had gotten one, so why not him? He didn't mind if Raphael laid with him or not, so long as he got an hour to sleep and reset his brain to digest everything. He stripped out of his suit, hanging it carefully before climbing into the bed and falling asleep for nearly two hours.

Dinner was nice, and the three girls seemed to love Raphael even more when they were told that they were dating. It was amusing. They retired to his bedroom, the blond a little nervous as he'd never shared a bed with anyone before, let alone another man. But he found that hew as coming to trust Raphael more and more and perhaps if he became comfortable with this, then the redhead spending the night at his apartment wouldn't be such a daunting thing.

Climbing into the bed, Caden took a deep breath to try and calm the nerves that were slowly beginning to build.

The next morning, Raphael hopped out of bed and took a very quick shower. He returned to the bedroom and slipped into a pair of blue jeans and a simple black tee shirt. Nothing fancy. It was only his family. He smiled and walked over to the bed, sliding on top of Caden. His lips leant down and began to kiss along the side of the other's neck. Kissing the flesh and nipping every so often. "Wake up, Cay ... We have to go see my Mom" He whispered, leaning up to press his lips to his, kissing him once more and just wanting to wake him p nicely for once.​

He didn't feel Raphael slip from the bed, and Caden slept straight through the other getting ready... Until he felt the weight of someone on top of him, and lips against his skin. The blond's arms moved to wrap around Raphael's waist, kissing him good morning. "But I want to sleep," he whined softly, only half kidding. The blond took a few more minutes to gather the strength to get out of bed and shower and dress.

He opted for a nicer pair of jeans and a white button down shirt-these weren't his family and he wanted to make a good impression. "Lets walk?" It would help him burn off the excess nervous energy.

Raphael laughed softly and kissed him lightly once more before he slid off him to let him go shower. He turned away, a hand over his eyes when the man went to get dressed. He waited until he heard the other talk again did he open up his eyes to look at him. He smiled and hopped off the bed and took his hands, smiling all the more. "Okay." He said happily, leaning up to kiss his lips passionately for a while.

He gladly led the way through the house and soon outside to make his way toward his house. He held the other's hand all the way. He kissed his cheek every so often, telling him to relax. His family really was not at all scary. They really were not. They were much too happy of a couple to actually ever frighten anyone. The walk took a good forty-five minutes, but eventually, they arrived at the cozy, old house and he took in a deep breath.

Before anyone could even step to the door, there was a squeal followed by the little raven-haired boy rushing out of the house and pouncing onto the redhead. He laughed softly, wrapping his arms around the boy's rump and he kissed his cheek softly. "Hey Eli." He said softly and then turned to Caden. "All right. Are you ready to go inside?"​

He couldn't help but smile at the little boy who came running before the door was even fully open. "Yeah. Yeah I'm ready." Caden gave a smile to Eli and greeted him with a little ruffle to his hair. The blond remembered the layout of the house from looking at it with his parents, and he smiled at the havoc that Tanner had caused. They had had a lot of fun that day. "The entire second floor was flooded, and it got so bad before my parents realized that it'd started leaking down through the ceiling. Needless to say, Mom and Dad were less than impressed with Tanner."

Back
Top Bottom