Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

「σανγυινε 」|| 1x1 with DarkMudkip ||

Jin would spend days in her room, feeling an empty hole having opened in her chest, lacking the desire to do much else than to lay in her bed chambers by herself. She sent the servants on leave, wanting to have the estate entirely to herself as to hide her weeping. It almost felt like the loss of a child, that solid punch to the gut that kept her from moving all day and night.

Some scouts from the Date moved through the area to investigate the quality. The Date were expanding and they had their eyes on the land forever. When the scouts saw the manor, they moved inside to look around.
"Looks like they just upped sticks..."

It was strangely well kept for an abandon manor, no dust or broken things, doors were all well kept and fully furnished. Why would such a nice manor be abandon?

"Maybe they were forced out,couldn't take anything?"
"Maybe they were killed?"
"Shut up..." They kept looking around, maybe Masamune or his parents could make use of this stuff.

“What are you doing in my home?” A woman’s voice came from behind the men, a disheveled figure standing behind them in the hallway. The figure was that of a woman’s, in a white bed yukata and stained bandages that were partially removed to expose red and burned flesh.

Jin watched the men run from her house, not bothering to give chase, only closing the doors behind them that they had left open before returning to finish changing her bandages, her wounds aching at the air that touched them.

They returned to Kojurou, panicked and afraid, telling him of a ghost in an abandoned house. He scowled at them, finding the idea silly, but let them take the rest of the night off anyway. He headed to this haunted house, surely there was an explanation.

The house was like the men had described, old but perfectly manicured; the roadways and paths around the estate were also clean and kept well, obviously well traveled. Surely this house wasn’t abandon?

There was silence for a moment before the front door slid open, a woman heavily bandaged but well dressed at the door. “Date? What are you doing so far into my land?” She asked.

Kojurou looked and his face flushed, "U-Uh, um...well..." He looked away, "We assumed this land was available for purchase so we were scouting it. I-I would ask you forgive my masters, they didn't know someone was living here."

“One of the villages was sold for land developing yes, but the rest of this land is very much not for sale.” Her expression softened. “I’m sorry, you’ve come all this way for naught, but this land is not for sale.”

She stepped out of the house, moving over to him, long golden hair pulled to her right side away from the bandages. “I will not hold qualms against you for being on my land, but my husband is not as forgiving, you should leave before he becomes aware of your presence.”

Her felt a bandaged hand against his cheek, and Jin smiled sadly at him, the action causing her pain and discomfort. “Thank you, it was kind for you to come in person, but this land isn’t safe for humans any longer I’m afraid.”

His cheek tingled under her cool touch. Humans? Right, he had spent so much time as Masamune's servant that he forgot he wasn't a vampire either. "Of course, I will notify my masters when I return home."

“Thank you.” And then her touch was gone, hand back at her side. Her visible eye looked tired and full of anguish, not even looking up at Kojurou- she looked completely alone.

"Um..." He blushed before pulling out a card and scribbling some numbers on it, "if you need anything, please call..." He said as he offered his number to her.

She blinked and looked at the card in surprise, then reached out to take it, holding it carefully in her bandaged hand. “Thank you... I will.” She said softly.

She was beautiful, even under all of the bandages, long golden hair and eye, with the tell tale pale skin of a vampire. How was she wounded so terribly if she was the lord of that land?

He frowned softly as he thought about it, the only way she could be harmed so extensively is if it was by some holy item. Who would do that?

Back
Top Bottom