Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ravenloft - Side Chat

I'd say go ahead and post tonight if your able @xavierrol the group is quite close to crossing paths with @BennyQ so we won't need to make any special side trips to accommodate the encounter.

Yes there is an inn, though I don't foresee your group reaching it just yet. Just to clarify so you don't end up moving to far ahead Benny's character is currently located at the barn your nearing.

Ok, I will wait for Benny's post then as Xavier would want Esperanza staying at an inn instead of a barn. So I am assuming they will get some sort of greeting or invite.

That's perfectly fine if you want to wait or give a shorter post with Xavier's actions as they approach the village. Maybe something to help lead Benny's character into his eventual reply?

Absolutely loved the opening from @BennyQ granted we had a lot of back and forth chit chat as I tried to establish the vibe and general tone of Barovia for him. He pulled it off exceptionally well. With that said though if at any point anyone else feels compelled to help bring the village of Barovia to life via their own posts I'm always available to give some general guidelines and information for those efforts.

Thanks Touched, but really kudo's all around as far as I'm concerned. While we're waiting to move forward I wanted to bring up an idea I had for my own posts in the future. Given the nature of this story, with different characters noticing things or knowing bits of lore and such I intend to start using the "spoiler" tag in the future. Probably not on my next reply, but as the tale progresses I'd like to tag characters in those spoiler headers. Obviously those are meant for those characters to use, whether it be something they saw or just know. Other players are welcome to look at them if they want, but just keep in mind it's information not relevant to their character at that moment.

I was just curious what everyone was thinking in regards to the pace of things as we move along. I'm not referring to the pace of replies, which I think has been fine thus far, but to my own posts in regards to how they move the group along. Currently I'm content to let the group do their thing and just provide the backdrop of the environment and the encounters they stumble across. But if the group would like for things to move quicker I can do so but I'd probably have to take some measure of responsibility for assuming some minor level of control over the group in order to get them from point A to B quicker. Any thoughts?

I'm quite happy with the way you're facilitating the story actually. I'm still figuring out myself how much I can progress the story with each post because I want to give all the other characters enough space to manoeuvre. This is my first group rp in years so a little rusty. I feel like I should give more, so if any of you have any thoughts on that I'm happy to hear them.

There's plenty enough detail, I love all of it. I'm sure when we're all ready to move forward, we can give an acknowledge of some kind?

I should have a post up later today, boys and girls.

Thanks for the well done post once again Benny. I just wanted to check in with the rest of the crew and see what schedules were looking like for their replies if any guess could be wagered? If the group wants, I could probably set up a short reply with the doorman to the Vine and help move the group on inside?

I work all weekend, long hours. I might be able to get something done on Sunday, but I am finalizing edits on my novel so I can release on Tuesday.

Yeah, I figured you were going to be on the uber busy side through the weekend since you made mention of the editing you had to do. I was more curious where Touched and xavariel were at and if me rolling out a post to get the inn door opened might be welcomed before they make their reply.

I'm competing at national championships this weekend. So I most likely won't get anything up before Monday. I would like to see whether the inn door is opened though.

Sounds good to me. I have a block of free time today so I'll probably do a reply that involves the doorman's response to Bucren's request to get inside. That should give everyone a little bit more to play off of.

And holy %@# good luck @Touch Of Temperament

After the ladies have taken their turns and since we jumped around a little, if @BennyQ wants to post a reaction to what transpired at the door to the Vine before I make my next post I'm fine with that. Also I'll note this too for those about to post so they can include it in their reply if they like. The general vibe of the taverns occupants when the group enters is a lot of glances and unless one of the ladies intends to approach someone directly nobody seems interested in talking to them, or anyone really.

Though I posted I just wanted to give everyone a heads up as I'll probably go back and do some editing on that post. The substance of the post shouldn't change much, but there's some stuff I'd like to clean up and a few details I'd like to add.

If anyone intends to reply before I get a chance to edit, go ahead as it shouldn't disrupt any potential replies. Anyway hopefully everyone has a stress free weekend.

No worries xana, everyone's time and commitments pan out a little differently. Whenever yours and others posts come around I'm sure the wait will be worth it. The communication is appreciated none the less.

Back
Top Bottom