Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

「RISE」(1×1 with Jikkah)

Amaya was back in her chair, sitting and waiting for Motochika to return, perhaps he simply had to use the restroom? They had been at work for hours without much in the means of breaks.

When he came back, he threw Masamune at Megohime's bed side. Masamune swayed before pushing himself up.
"Wh...Why am I...?"
"You take a long good look at her, boy. You tell me any of those wounds were deserved. She might lose her legs, did she deserve that?"
"N...No..." Masamune slurred, "No, she didn't..."

Megohime was pale, skin ashen and scales dull in color, sweat beading on her face. It had taken both Amaya and Motochika hours just to close up the small arrow wounds she had in her, having to keep her under a sleep spell to help fight the pain from her crushed legs; even then, her face won’t contort with pain, soft groans escaping her.

"You are vile human being. You don't deserve to be a hero." Motochika growled. Masamune hiccuped.
"I don't..." He muttered in agreement.

Amaya was a bit uncomfortable with the entire situation, sighing softly before standing. “I think that’s enough... I doubt he’ll remember any of this anyway.” She muttered.

Motochika pulled Masamune to his feet and hauled him out.
"Is she gonna die?" Masamune slurred. Motochika scowled.
"We're doing our best."

The next few days would be rough for Amaya and Motochika, the two just setting up thwir own beds in the room so they didn’t have to go far from Megohime while they treated her. Her legs were progressing, but slowly, and the more they healed her legs, the more pain she was in.

Motochika gave Megohime enhanced healing potions to help the process and to ease her pain, Amaya too tired to keep putting her to sleep. Akihime brought them both food and checked on them, making sure everything was going ok.

Megohime had her legs placed in splints and wrapped up as soon as the bones reformed enough to be considered bones. She would wake a few times throughout her healings, but most of the time would be too out of it, or in too much pain to do anything other than stare at either Amaya or Motochika.
“We’ll need to resupply if we’re to continue at this pace.” Amaya said, looking over the few potions they had left.

"Aye, agreed." Motochika nodded before looking to the Hakuko demi human hiding behind the door, "Aki-chan." He called and she jumped before peeking out.
"H-Hai, Tate no Yuusha-sama...?" She asked nervously. Motochika stood and made a noise.
"I'm going out to get more supplies. Keep an eye on Megohime, would ya? Call Amaya if she wakes up." He said. Akihime saluted with a determined look.
"Hai! You can count on me!" She said. Motochika shook his head before looking to Amaya.
"Go rest up while you can." He said gently.

Amaya gave a small nod and closed the door behind her, following Motochika back to the markets.

Akihime stayed with Megohime for a while before leaving as quick as she could to get some water. When she came back, Masamune was at Megohime's bedside, watching her with a frown. Akihime's whole body went rigid before her tail bristled with rage.
"Get away from her!!" She screamed and launched at him with all the fury she held in her frame.

Megohime stirred at Akihime’s screaming, weary eyes peeling open slowly, a soft groan leaving her as she turned her head to see what had woken her.

“St...stop..” Akihime felt a weak hand grip her sleeve, Megohime having crawled her way out of the bed and was now on the floor with them. He mangled legs were wrapped in gauze, now stained red in a few areas from moving. “Please...” She bowed her head, face pale and tears in her eyes. “He’s the only reason that I’m not used to breed more fighting slaves..” tears dripped down her face onto the floor. “I owe him my life..!”

She felt Megohime’s trembling hand grip her shirt tighter. “I know... I know what he’s done, I don’t excuse his actions, nor do I forgive him, but I owe him a dept..!”

Akihime frowned before glaring down at Masamune and throwing him out of the room. She went back to Megohime and gave a concerned noise, "Are you hungry or anything...?" She asked softly.

She shook her head, barely able to move as she fought off the waves of nausea from the pain. “No..” She clamped a hand over her mouth. “I need help getting back into bed.” She muttered through her fingers.

Megohime only nodded, resting on the bed and closing her eyes, trying to fight off the pain and nausea.

Akihime stayed with her the whole time, watching her sleep and making sure she was comfortable before looking when Motochika and Amaya came back.
"She woke up a bit ago," she said gently, "but I think she's settled back down now.."
"Thanks, Aki.." Motochika muttered.

Amaya nodded and murmured her thanks as well, the both of them clearly quite worn down from pulling many all-nighters.

Back
Top Bottom