Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

Jake ended up falling asleep for a little bit with Owen. Then he woke up and figured he should put the little guy to bed. He took him to his room and turn the monitor on. He then took off downstairs to grab something to drink.

He grabbed a Powerade and stood in the kitchen taking a drink as he looked into the living room to see what Adri was doing. He stood there a few minutes and didn't know if he should go in or just go back up to bed.

He let out a sigh and went into the living room and sat down beside her. He didn't say a word, he just sat there next to her. His head resting back against the back of the couch. Still kind of tired. His hand ran through his hair.

Adri was on the couch looking up plane flights and not really watching TV. She was still thinking about if she should leave in Tuesday or leave Wednesday. It was only a day difference but it felt like a big decision to make. She put the ticket for Tuesday on her cart and was starting to out her information in when Jake walked down.

She quickly changed the tab to the other page she had open which was the Louboutin website and she scrolled through the shoes. She wasn't really in the mood to shop but she did need new clothes. She put in a different website and looked at the clothes so she could start looking for some island wear. She had the bikinis she needed cover ups and shorts and flip flops and who knows what else.

While she was thinking about it she started a packing list of everything she would need while she was gone. Sunscreen was on the top of her list and she needed to go waxed again just to make sure she was sports illustrated ready.

She picked up the remote and handed it to Jake so he could watch something he was interested in. She had to tell him she was leaving but it made her stomach turn because she wasn't sure how he would take it.

"I got an email about the SI shoot and we are shooting on Cook Island next week. I was planning on leaving Tuesday." She said softly and looked up from her computer.

Jake looked at the remote and took it. He checked the guide and put on some movie that was already a half hour in. He wouldn't really pay too much attention to it anyway. He set the remote down on the couch next to him. His powerade bottle rested on the couch and leaned against his leg.

The two of them hadn't hardly touched since before lunch. Once the prenup talk happened everything went down hill. Then when he tried before the test she pushed him away. She mentioned things always happening after a year, he wondered why. Maybe she got scared and made things harder. He just wanted to be with her and be how they were the past few days but he didn't know how to get back to that. And he didn't really feel like he did anything wrong to have to be the one to apologize or make the first move. Plus maybe it was better to give her the space she wanted. She wanted space. Not him.

The longer he sat there the more he beat himself up thinking it was his fault for pressuring her. He should have waited to propose. Maybe he should just give her the out she was looking for. He was so confused. His hand ran though his hair again. The silence was driving him crazy. His head turned and he looked at her. Maybe he was kidding himself. Why would she want to be with him. She was beautiful and good at what she did. He was just holding her back.

"Did you hear me?" She asked when she didn't get a reply to what she told him. He was probably just processing it but she didn't want hear that she didn't tell him later. She did and he wasn't paying attention.

"SI is shooting on Cook Island next week. I'm leaving on Tuesday so I can get rest before the photoshoot." She repeated and looked at him this time to make sure he was paying attention "it'll probably take a week but after that I might be heading to New York for VS. that isn't definate though." During her time off she could look for apartments, if she was going to be traveling to Nea anorak a lot then an apartment would pay off.

She knew moving was on the table but they hadn't really spoken about it and rite now didn't seem like the time to bring it up so she would just look for decent sized one and two bedroom apartments for now and later, if they did decide to move, they could both go look for a family sized apartment.

He gave her a nod. "Yeah I heard you." He said softly with a sigh. "Why do you do this? Every time we get into a fight or rut that take a little bit of work to get out of you bury yourself in your work. You would give me such a hard time about shutting down and going down to the basement in the old apartment. But you do the same thing. But instead of the basement you go to work. And hope the time apart fixes everything. Or just ignore it." He looked away and shook his head. "And you leave me here thinking I'm the one that fucked up and who knows if you are coming home or when." His voice still soft.

He wasn't telling her not to work. He was happy for her but it was a pattern she had. Early discussion was that maybe he would go with her to the shoot but it was clear she didn't want him around. Jake was so lost and confused and worried he'd just say the wrong thing.

"I'm trying to process everything and I'd be lying if I said I completely understand everything. I feel like I'm losing you and I have no idea what to do to fix that." He looked out the window because the thought of losing her tore him up and he really didn't want to cry and look like a wimp. "My initial thought with everything today was that you wanted out. And the thought scares me to death. If that's the case please just tell me." He looked down at his hands before glancing at her.

"I feel like if I try to do something I'm just smothering you. Maybe I rushed things. Maybe I should have waited to propose. I didn't mean to pressure you. I have thrown a lot at you. But I know what I want and how I feel." He looked down and let out a sigh. He just wondered if she felt the same way and wanted the same things. "When we got this house we talked about it being our forever home. It has everything we wanted. Maybe we just jumped the gun on it. In the end it's just a house though." He thought it over a minute. "We will move when you know for sure where you want to go. If you want to go to LA for a bit then move to New York we will do that. But if you want to do it now, I need to know so I can tell Dana I need to back out of 200. I'm not going to try to move and train at the same time. I'll need to find new trainers and a new gym." He wasn't worried about Amy because she could get a job doing anything. His father could either come with them or go back to what he was doing. He was stupid to think that his family could all be together any way. That type of business never works out for people. He was willing to put his career on hold for her and her happiness. That's what people who love one another do. He'd never get in a cage again if he had to. That was how much he loved that woman.

"You knew I was doing SI before any of this started. It's not like I'm leaving all of the sudden. We knew I was going to leave soon." She rubbed her lips together and sighed. She probably shouldn't have called her agent to get her out of the house but she did already and that couldn't be changed.

"All I wanted was a prenup. I thought it would be an easy conversation and you would understand why we should get one and you'd think wow this girl is really thinking ahead for just in case something happens in the future. And I got the passive aggressive fine do whatever you want answer and it pissed me off. And I was scared shitless when I took that test because I'm not ready to be a mother. I don't want to be a mother. The only reason I am a mom right now is because if I say no to Owen, I lose you and I don't want that."

She got off the couch because she needed to walk somewhere and she needed to put space between her Jake. "I don't want to hear that you will give everything up for me. I don't want you to give everything up for me. I am trying to find a happy medium where I am not traveling all the time and you get to keep some normalcy too but all I get from you is I will just start over. That's not what I want Jake. There has to be a different way to go about moving." She was getting frustrated again because he thought giving everything up would make everything better. She turned her back and wiped her eyes quickly.

"Do you really think I'd make you move while you're training for 200? Do you think I would do something like that?" She rolled her eyes and put her hands on her forehead. "I don't know how to talk to you about it because all you give me in return is I will give it all up for you and I need a real honest opinion about it. I don't want to hear that anymore."

"But you don't have to leave so soon for it..." He said quietly.

"I don't care about the prenup Adri. Like I said the house and money doesn't matter to me. What bothers me is that you think we are going to fail. I gave you the do whatever you want because to me it doesn't matter." He looked in her eyes. "I'm not giving up on us. So a prenup to me is pretty pointless if we never use it. But if it makes us both feel a little bit better to have then fine. Yes it does make sense for kids sake..." Then she said she didn't want to be a mother. He looked away kind of hurt from that comment.

He let her get up and just listened to her until she was finished. He got up and walked over to her. "You want my real opinion. That is it. I honestly didn't know we had an issue with how things were going. You traveled and we made it work. I may be missing something here. But if you want to move...I don't want to live half way across the country from each other." He shook his head and rolled his eyes. "I want to marry you. That's why I put that damn ring on your finger. And with what comes with that comes with sacrifices and compromise. If it means me having to move with you to be with you I'm telling you I will do it. I can tell you don't want to stay here. You've made that really clear."

He looked down and his voice got quiet. "You don't have to be a mother to Owen until you are ready. I can deal with this on my own. I'm sorry I put it on you." He honestly thought she was warming up to everything then he got thrown ten feet back.

"You aren't asking me to move during 200. I'm offering. I just need to know. It's not a huge deal I'll get another fight." Even if she didn't choose for them to move he may back out. He didn't know if a fight was something that could capture his attention the way it should right now.

Jake turned to head upstairs but then stopped and looked at her. "I'm not sorry for loving you as much as I do. I am sorry that it seems hard for you to realize that someone can in fact love you that much. I'm not sorry that your ex's were jerks that have you hurt you the way they did. Cause they have given me the chance to love you and I'm grateful for that. You want my real honest opinion?"

He stood there and his hands shook a moment and he had to look away and fight back the emotion. Then he turned and looked at her. "I think I'm holding you back. You don't seem happy here with me. I've offered to move wherever you want to go. And you don't want that. I'm afraid the more you bury yourself in your work the more you are slipping away from. But I will not ask you to stay. I have no idea how to fix this. I woke up this morning on cloud fucking 9. Now I don't even fucking know what tomorrow brings." He shrugged and looked away. "I'll sleep in the spare room." He spoke softly and turned to go upstairs.

She let him leave and didn't watch him as he walked away. What did she say to that? How was she supposed to fix that? Would she be happier on her own? She knew she was happy with Jake when they weren't fighting. This day seemed to be just a day from hell. He told her that she buried herself in work when she got upset and she was about to do it again.

She walked upstairs to the spare bedroom and knocked on the door. "I don't know what I want." She said through the door. "A part of me thinks I'm better off alone where no one has to depend on me for anything. You and Owen will be better off. He has Amy and you have your family. That's all you have wanted. You look so happy when your dad is around and I cannot pull you away from that. And you don't see it the way I do because you don't see the way your eyes light up when he compliments you or says he's proud of you. I can't just break that up."

She put her hand and forehead on the door, "Jake I love you. I love you more than any other guy that has walked in my life. I don't want to give you up. I don't want to break your heart. I don't want anything but for you to be happy." She swallowed and rubbed her lips together. A tear fell down her cheek and she tried to speak but her voice was gone. She cleared her throat and started again.

"I need some time to think. I need to be on my own for a little bit. I just need to know that when I come back my stuff won't be in a box out front. I want to work this out but I need to collect my thought before we have a talk that doesn't end the way they have been today. Can you give me that?"

Jake sat on the bed and listened to her. He wouldn't be better off without her. He completely disagreed with her on that. Then she talked about his father. She was partially right. It was nice having his father around and for him to be proud of him and like what he did. She'd feel the same way with her parents.

She wanted him to be happy but didn't see she was the thing that brought him happiness. He knew this entire conversation was coming from how the day had gone. Normally what came after time away to think was a breakup. The thought made him sick. "I won't touch your stuff. Take as long as you need." He said softly. At least she was admitting she didn't know what she wanted.

He took his shirt off and shorts to get ready for bed. He knew he wouldn't sleep and a run sounded better but he wasn't going to ask Adri to watch Owen. Then he remembered he didn't have his monitor. He opened the door to get it out of their bedroom. He stopped to check on him before going back into the spare bedroom. Jake laid on the bed and tried to shut his mind off to sleep but failed miserably.

Adri went to their bedroom and did the one thing she could do. Once the door closed she cried her eyes out silently so Jake didn't know she was crying. It felt like a break up was immanent and that was truly the last thing she wanted. She could imagine what life would go back to without Jake by her side.

She got off of the floor and washed her face. She took a hot shower and then wrapped up in her big fluffy robe and laid on Jake's side of the bed. She realized it was her that put this space between them and she hoped that it would help her see what life would be like. She was crying because it was just the pent up emotion of the day. She was afraid to be on her own again but she would try it out for a little while and see where they ended up.

After a little while, she got out of the bed and started packing her beg. She figured it would easier to have space if they didn't glove in the same house. She would go to LA for a couple days before she made the trip to the a Cook Islands for the photoshoot. Hopefully by then she would be in a better star emotional and wouldn't have the red eyes and nose.

Jake sent a message to Amy that he would probably need her help a little bit more for a little bit. She was okay with that but asked if everything was okay. All he replied was he didn't know. Truth was he had no idea where the two of them stood. He felt like he could throw up. There was a pain in his chest he couldn't explain.

He checked out some articles about himself and his UFC weight class. There was a big fight coming up with 199. He really should go to it. It was in LA so he was going to ask Adri to go but that was out of the question for now. Who knew where she would be or what she'd be doing then. It may be something he too would have to miss.

Max sensed something was wrong so he stayed by Adri's side. He even offered a few kisses.

Right when he was about to fall asleep, Owen woke up. Jake got up and picked him up. He carried him back to the spare room with him. He wasn't exactly getting any sleep anyway so why not have some company. A couple hours later, he finally fell asleep with Owen asleep on his chest. When he woke up in the morning, he would get up and go for a long run and a hard work out. If he got anything out of this time apart, it would be a better body and in better shape.

She was a little surprised that amax decided to stay with her. He seemed torn about being wi her and going to Jake and Owen though. She wrapped her arms around him and kissed his head and cuddled him while she had him. She really knew if they broke up that she could not take the dog. Max was Owen's dog. Not hers and not Jake's.

She did fall asleep after packing but when Owen started to cry, she woke up. She was going to get him but she heard Jake shuffling around and she let him do his thing. Max whined to get out so she opened the door and let him out and he went straight to Jake and Owen.

She got back in bed and checked her emails. She got one from her agent telling her that People has been postponed until further notice. She figured they would lose interest soon since this was the second time they did this to them. She didn't really care though. They didn't need the world to know about what they were going through right now and people really didn't care about what was going on at fashion week.

Max found a spot on the floor and got comfortable. Owen woke up early and Jake kind of dreaded getting up but he knew Owen was probably hungry and ready for his day. Worse case scenario, he'd just nap when Owen did if he needed to. He played with Owen a few minutes to keep him happy. Owen found it funny when Jake pretended to get him and tickle his tummy. Jake was grateful to have Owen, he kept a smile on his face.

The boys got up and Jake took Owen to get changed. After a clean diaper, they headed down for breakfast. Jake warmed up a bottle then sat on the couch to feed him. Max was let out as the bottle warmed up. Fox Sports was turned on while Owen ate. Jake would wait till whenever Amy would come over to go for his run. He wasn't in a huge hurry as he was still half asleep.

When Amy did come over she looked at her brother, "You look like shit..."

"Morning to you too."

"Thinks do not look like they are okay. Do you want to talk about it?" Jake shook his head. He didn't know if it was really appropriate to talk about it. "Adri has to leave for work so I'm going to need some help." She gave him a nod. "I want to go for a run but going back to bed sound better. I didn't sleep much at all...would you mind?"

She shook her head and took her nephew. "Get some sleep then go for your run. I got it under control." Jake got up and gave her a hug with a quick kiss on the head, "Thanks Aim." He headed back up to bed.

When Adri woke up she felt like she looked like crap. She kept tossing and turning and she woke up every three hours which sucked major ass. She hoped she could get some sleep on the plane but that probably wouldn't work out for her either. When she woke up she packed her carry on bag and took her suitcase downstairs. She gave Amy a smile but it didn't quite reach her eyes. No amount of make up would cover the red nose. She put eye drops in her eyes to get rid of the red though.

"So I have a flight at one. I won't be back until next Saturday or Sunday." She only knew the number. She wasn't entirely sure what day it was though. She gave Owen a kiss on the cheek and rubbed the top of his head.

"Keep an eye on Jake. We..." She sighed, "Just make sure he doesn't go too hard when he is training or anything. Okay?" She got on her knees and kissed Max's head goodbye. She told him to be a good boy and that she would be back soon. She gave him one more kiss. That was normally when she kiss Jake good night and told him she loved him. She hesitated for a moment but she went up to the spare bedroom and gave him a kiss on his forehead. She didn't want to wake him up so once she gave him the kiss she was gone.

Her Uber came a few minutes later and she was really gone.

Amy could tell she had a rough night. Girls know those kind of things and with how Jake was acting, she really knew it to be true now. "Okay well have a safe flight. Let us know you landed safe?" She watched her with Owen. "I'll keep an eye on him. But you know how he gets..." She said softly and offered her a small smile.

Jake didn't wake up when she went up to kiss him bye. But when he did wake up she was already gone. The empty bed was kind of hard for him to look at while he changed into his work out clothes. He grabbed his phone and sent her a text, "Could have woke me up. I love you. Travel safe." He tossed the phone back on his dresser and went downstairs. His gym bag was dropped by the stairs for easy access when he got back.

"I'm going for my run." He would normally take Max with him, but he needed a long hard run without having to slow down for Max. He'd take him for a walk or something later. He spent the day running and working out. When he got home, Amy tried asking if he wanted to talk and he still said no.

The next week went just about the same. He would get up, take care of Owen, go for a run, work out and train and come home and spend time with Owen while he worked on tapes and other things. Jake hadn't tried to contact Adri while she was gone. He wanted her to be able to focus on her work. He missed her greatly but she needed this so he wasn't going to ruin anything.

Im sorry I didn't. I love you too. she replied to his text and then turned her phone off. She left her hotel information on the dresser and if he needed her for an emergency he could call the hotel.

The next week for her was slow and boring. She had fun when he mind was preoccupied and she was doing something but when she wasn't doing her photoshoot she was lost in her thoughts. She was thinking about all the things she could tell Jake about but she told herself she needed the week on her own to think.

This is what it would be like to be single again. She would work and then go home to an empty apartment and sleep and try to fill the time. She would tell herself not to think about Jake and fail miserably. She would worry about Owen and Max and not be able to contact them without having to reopen old wounds with Jake.

So it was hard with him now but it would be so much harder if she had to do it on her own. The thing she loved about Jake was the fact that she could talk about her job for hours and he would sit there and listen win a smile on his face. She could have a bad day and he would wrap her up in some tape and let her punch it out on a punching bag. Andre asked her if she wanted to be old and successful alone or be old and surrounded by family and she would rather be surrounded by family.

She didn't want to do this alone. She didn't want to experience the happiest moments of her life alone. She wanted to do it with Jake and Owen and Max by her side. If this were a fight she would want them on her side of the ring. She was an idiot for thinking one came over the other. She wouldn't be less successful because of Jake she would be more successful and if work didn't work out then she would have Jake and she would have something to keep her from breaking completely.

The night before her flight home, she went to the gift shop and got Owen and Max teddy bears of where she went. She packed up all of her things and she couldn't wait to get home.

Owen found his way in Jake and Adri's room just about every night. The little guy would fall asleep and if Jake wa in there, he'd let him sleep and just move him to the bassinet.

When Jake couldn't sleep he would spend the time thinking of Adri and watching Owen. He thought that even if Layla wasn't going to step up to be a mother Adri would but now he secod guessed that and felt he pressured her to do that.

Luke and Amy would have dinner with Jake almost every night. He also had his dad over a few nights and trained him a bit to be his assistant.

Jake wasn't expecting Adri home anytime soon so he got up and carried on with his normal routine. After his work out and run Jake came home and bad lunch with Owen. He figured he'd go to the store later and get him some stuff to make his own food. Some fruit and veggies. Jake gave Owen his bottle and the of them fell asleep on the couch together.

Adri came home with out much warning. She wanted to jump on Jake and give him a hug and a kiss but she also didn't want to feel the rejection of being pushed away just in case during his thinking he came up with a different conclusion than she did. She just hoped that her plan worked and that she wouldn't have to pack her things up.

She looked around and saw Jake on the couch sleeping with the boys. Max raised his head and his tail started to wag but he stayed by Jake and Owen. Adri grabbed her purse and went to the store to buy some food for dinner. She needed to whip up something quick and easy. And while she was out she made a quick run to the strip to pick something she had made up as well.

When she had everything she needed she went home and put the groceries in the kitchen and then put the item she had made in the bedroom in a hidden space.

She went back downstairs to start cooking dinner and when Jake made an appearance she turned to face him, "I am making chicken Parmesan for dinner. I was hoping you would join me, just the two of us. I asked Amy if she would watch Owen and Max and she said yes. So it really would be the two of us."

Jake woke up to movement in the kitchen. He was ready to yell at Amy when he got up and saw Adri. He just kind og froze a moment.

"Hi..." Honestly since there fight he hadn't said more than a few sentences. "I didn't know you were coming home." He laid Owen in his bouncer. "I thought you were going to New York."

She was home and making dinner. He wasn't sure how to take her doing all of that. "Um...yeah. I can have dinner with you." He looked around the house wondering if he was dreaming. "I'm sorry. I should have cleaned up more." Owen and Max's toys were everywhere. "So Aim is watching Max and Owen?" He smiled a little.

"How was SI?"

She shook her head, "I had something more important to do. Victoria's Secret will always be there. Right now we need to focus on us." Tasking him to dinner and getting him to agree to coming was one check off of her to do list.

"I expected it to be a little bit more of a mess, honestly." She said softly and shrugged her shoulder. She nodded her head to his question. "In about an hour." She added and looked at the clock.

She smiled when he mentioned SI, "Simply amazing but something was missing the whole time I was out there." She felt nervous. At least he wasn't kicking her out yet but she didn't know how he would take dinner tonight. Her best hopes were that her grand gesture ended this and all fights in the future but she hadn't talked to Jake in a week. The longest they have gone with out talking. She wasn't sure what his thought process was and that scared the crap out of her.

He looked her over. What was she saying. "You think we're a bunch of messy guys or what?" He smiled a little. Speaking of messy he looked at himself.

"An hour...I probably should shower and clean up." He looked at Owen who was sleeping but he didn't know for how much longer. "Uhh... mind keeping an eye on him? I can be fast. We eating in here or outside?"

When Jake went to head upstairs to shower he stopped and looked at Adri. "It's nice to have you home." He went up and into the bathroom to shower. If she spent the time to cook he should at least shower.

She nodded her head, "Yeah pretty much and no one was here to out the toys away after they were pulled out." She was happy to see him smile. She could feel them slightly turning back to the normal part of their relationship.

She agreed to watch Owen While Jake showered and cleaned up. He would be pretty easy to watch since he was sleeping. "Inside." She checked on the chicken and looked at Jake when she heard his voice again. "I'm glad to be back." She said softly.

She set the table and light the candles. While he was upstairs she ran to get her gift and then ran back down. She checked on awoken and made a bottle but didn't warm it up yet. Amy would probably be the one to do that since Owen seemed pretty peaceful and it didn't look like he was going to wake up anytime soon.

She finished cooking and set it all on a plate. She made a small salad for the both of them to go with dinner and she poured two glasses of wine for them. She set the salads and wine on the table and she would grab the food when they were finished with that. She felt like she should have gotten dessert but it was too late now

Jake got out of the shower and debated what to wear. He decided on jeans and a nice button up shirt. It seemed kind of like a date so he should look nice.

Amy came over to get Max and Owen just as Jake came down. He looked at the candles and table set. He was completely shocked with what was going on. He went over and gave Owen a kiss bye. She told both boys to be good. Amy told both of them to have fun.

After she left Jake walked into the kitchen. "It smells great." He hoped the occasion was a good one and not her leaving. He thought if that was the case she would just get her stuff and leave. Not cook him dinner. "What is all this for Adge?" His stomach had knots and he was pretty nervous.

"Thank you." She said to his compliment about the food smelling good. "It's dinner so we can talk and I can get some things off my chest and hopefully come up with a better conclusion than we have the last few times we spoke." She told him.

"Dinner is finished though, so if you want to sit and eat we can." She walked to the table because that is what she wanted to do. She didn't eat much while she was gone and she was starving now.

She decided to start off light and then she would go into how she was feeling. "How was your week with the boys?" She asked.

Jake was a bit nervous about talking and coming up with a conclusion. He hoped it would be a conclusion he liked. And not one that killed him.

He sat down and started to eat. He also didn't eat a whole lot with his nerves and stomach in knots. It almost felt like a first date, but he was a lot more invested than a first date. Then she asked her question. Did he speak honestly or sugar coat it?

"Can I be honest? It hasn't been disastrous but hasn't been great either. The boys miss you. They always do when you are gone. But we got a routine down. It's worked for us. I had the 200 press conference. I really should go to 199 for publicity and they have a big fight in my weight class. But it's in LA. So I don't know if it's doable." He shrugged. " I've missed you too." He said the last part quietly and let out a little sigh. He wasn't saying that to make her feel bad but show she is part of their family and when she isn't around she is missed.

"How was your week? Tell me about SI." He took a sip of hs drink.

Back
Top Bottom