Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

She had a valid point with what his loyalty could be bought with. "That's messed up. Cause he wouldn't have the possiblity of any of that without me."

Jake laughed when she pushed his shoulder and she pouted. He flexed his arms to show how strong he was. "Whatever I win at everything." He leaned over her. "You could sync your lips with mine." He grinned and kissed her softly. "You didn't even throw a single punch. I don't think you can punch." He teased and got up before reaching his hand out to help her up.

"Punch my abs. Hard a bunch of times." He stood there to let her punch his abs. "I want to see how good you can punch."

"That was cheesy." She told him but gave him a kiss anyways. She took his offered hand and stood up.

She laughed and shook her head, "Really?" She looked at his abs and the. Looked at him, "I don't think I should. I'm too strong. I'd hate to hurt you." She teased and rolled her eyes. "Three times and then we both need to work out. Okay?"

She out her hands up and looked at him to see if he was ready. She didn't punch him full strength the first time but if he told her too for the second punch she would. She knew how to throw a punch thanks to her training with James. She didn't want to put her entire weight behind the punch though. The training was there and if someone tried to attack her or something she could defend herself.

She punched him one more time and almost put her full weight behind it. She shook out her hands and looked at Jake, "I like high heels, make up and the finer things in life but I can kick your ass if I need too. Keep that in mind if you ever travel without me and see a bunch of groupies." She half teased. "I beat all of you up and my nails will be a weapon." She gave him a kiss and started to get out of the ring.

"Want to grab lunch after this so we can have our little talk? I packed you clothes. We are going to match in our white tops and black bottoms. And I packed you LV shoes, surprisingly I don't have any. I need to fix that." She shrugged her shoulder. "Next payday I guess." She gave him on more kiss and got out of the ring. She smiled at Luke and walked to pick up her shirt. Putting it back on would be harder than taking it off so she left it off and went to do her own workout.

"You liked it though. You thought it was cute."

He made a motion with his hands to give it to him. He gave her a nod that it was okay. He honestly was a bit impressed with how good she could punch. "Damn baby. You can punch." It did help him feel a bit better when she was by herself. She didn't really hurt him, but she could take care of herself if she needed to. "Good job babe." He stopped and looked at her. "Hey...I love you. You are my queen. My one and only." He smacked her butt as she started to walk away.

"Yeah we can do that babe. Our talk..." He was still curious. Luke made an 'uh oh' face. "Don't worry I'm not in trouble." He gave Adri a kiss back. "Thanks baby." She honestly was the best. The best assistant, best girlfriend, now fiance. He held his hand up for a fist pump. "Have a good work out."

Jake got loose for real and stretched out enough to train with Luke. He worked on some counter submission moves. Some to just get out of submissions and some to put his opponent in one after he got out of one. He zoned out and focused only on his training and let Adri do her own work out.

"You too Boo, I love you." She bumped fists with him and went to work out.

James gave her a work out for the ages. When he wasn't in the best of moods, she paid for it in a harder work out. She was t sure what out him in the bad moods but she hated it and wanted it to go away. She was very happy to not be in a shirt when her work out was over. She hated the feeli of fabric sticking to her skin when she was sweaty.

She went to the locker room and took a nice hot shower. Her legs felt like they were ready to give up but she stayed strong and acted like she just woke up and not like she was ready to drop. She got dressed in her black pencil skirt and white t shirt. Instead of LV heels she out Louboutins and she was ready to go. She decided to forgo the make up because it took too long an she wasn't in the mood.

She packed up her gym clothes and went to the kitchen. She tasted both smoothies and took the he one she enjoyed the most and sipped on it until Jake was ready to go.

Jake kind of wanted to lift after his training but he knew Adri was waiting and had things planned, he could hit a harder work out the next day. Luke gave him a few pointers about his future opponent before heading out of the ring. He sat down on a bench and took off his gloves and tape.

He walked by Adri, "Too bad you already showered." He smiled at her and turned around, walking backwards looking at her. "Do you come here often to work out? You are mighty sexy." He chuckled a bit, he enjoyed being playful with her. After getting into the locker room he took a cool shower. He got out and got dressed in the clothes Adri had packed for him. After giving himself the one over in the mirror he grabbed his bag and headed to the kitchen for his smoothie.

Jake walked out with his bag on his shoulder and drinking his smoothie. "I'm ready beautiful. You still up for lunch with having your smoothie?" Jake always could eat after a work out or training. He grabbed her back and told Luke bye as they walked out to the car. "Where are we eating Q?"

"Ha, not after the work out I just had. My legs feel like jello." She went back to looking through her Instagram feed when he came back, "I'm taken sorry." She happily flashed her ring and used her bag to hit his butt and get him walking.

She nodded her head, "Starving Boo." She said softly and put her phone in her bag. She took his hand in hers and walked with him to the car. "I was thinking of going to that deli place near the grocery store. That way we don't have to drive long to get to the store." She let him drive and she plugged in the address.

When they got there it was a cute little shop. It was fairly busy for the time of day but she was able to find a table in the back where they could talk. She ordered a chicken salad sandwich and grabbed a bag of chips. She had the smoothie to drink which would also most likely stop her from finishing the sandwich.

"Did you have a good work out?" She asked him. She was suddenly very nervous. She wasn't sure how he would take what she was about to ask him but she felt like it was important.

"That means you had a good one when you are sore." He smiled at her flashing her ring. "Damn straight you're taken."

Jake just got a turkey sandwich, chips and a water. He'd share the water if Adri wanted some. He sat down with her and took a bite. "Yeah it was good. More like a training session, but it was still stuff I needed to learn. I got to watch some fights and get more familiar with his technique. I think tonight or tomorrow I'm going to lift."

He took a few more bites and looked at Adri. He had no idea what she wanted to talk about. It kind of made him nervous. "So what's up Q." He had some chips and looked at her and could see she was nervous so that made him more nervous.

"I'm glad it was good Boo." She said softly and took a bite of her sandwich. She took a moment to enjoy it and followed it with a sip of her smoothie.

"Well first, Victoria's Secret is looking for new talent and I was thinking of going to New York for a week and waking for them in person and doing some test shots. I think that would be better than the freelance stuff. VS is a steady paycheck but it would require a bit of travel. Like...sell the LA apartment and get an apartment in New York instead type of travel." She started and then she brought up the next topic that she was most nervous about.

She let out a sigh and held Jake's hand, "A lot of Hollywood marriages don't work. The divorce rate is higher than its ever been. And you know I love you and I fall in love with you more and more everyday. I just need to know that if we do grow apart or something else happens we are both, and if we have kids we are all, protected." She looked up at him and let his hand go so he could eat.

"I think we should get a prenup. We leave with everything we go into the marriage with. I don't know what our schedule would be like in the future but we could have a contract about future kids, as in who they are with mainly and how often or however else we want it to work. I'm not going to ask you for anything," she didn't need it and she doubted she would get anything from him but she wasn't going to tell him that. "It's for both of our best interests."

Jake would be supportive with whatever she wanted to do with her work. "If that's what you want. I loved New York. I could be down with visiting you and spending time there. We may want to look into a bit bigger of a spot though in New York. For Owen or family." He took a few bites.

He looked at her and froze a moment. He wasn't sure how he should take her idea. His eyes shot down to the table. "We're not most people..." He said quietly. "I understand the part about kids...but..." He let out a sigh and shook his head looking away. "I don't really know whay to say right now." He shoved his food out of his way and just looked at the table.

He couldn't help but think she was planning for them to not work. That was what bothered him. "So this is why you've wanted certain things separate." He said referring to finances. "I don't want your money if that's what you think..." He said softly. "But if that's what you want then okay..." He looked out the window.

"I don't want to get a huge apartment if I'm not there all the time, you know? It's already expensive as hell to live there. I don't know. I'd have to check it all out and see what looks best. Maybe two bedroom but I would want to be in the city close to work."

She nodded her head, "I know we aren't but I feel like we should be prepared." She rubbed her lips together and ate a chip. She thought he would be all for the idea since he was the one that would be climbing the ladder and getting more money. He had more to lose than she did.

She shook her head, "No. I know you don't want my money. I hardly have any compared to you. It's not about the money. It's about being prepared for whatever could happen in the future. It's about having a plan and I know you want this to be some fairytale that works out perfectly but there is a chance that it won't happen. We should be prepared just in case."

She rolled her eyes to his passive aggressiveness. "Whatever Jake. Never mind." She started to wrap her sandwich and went to the cashier to ask for a bag. She out her sandwich away and opened for his if he was ready to go. She really wasn't hungry and she wasn't in the mood to eat. She might end up taking her brother out to eat and Jake could order a pizza or something healthy for him, Luke and Amy.

Jake was talking calming so he wasn't sure why she was getting upset with him. "Why are you getting mad with me?" He looked at her.

"Why is that I want tk marry you and it work out, is me wishing for a fairytale? And I just don't understand why we are planning for failure. Those other marriages don't work cause they cheat on each other or do work at it. That's not me." He continued to speak softly. "Why get married if we're just waiting for it to fail and be like everyone else?"

"I don't care about the money or the things. It's not what it's about. They are just things to me. At the end of the day it's going to be you that I want. That won't change. Not the house, a car the money. If it's easier to keep things separate than okay. I don't care about having one. That's not what bothers me. I don't know if I'm making any sense." He sighed out of frustration from not knowing if he was explaining right.

"I love you...I want to marry you and have a family with you. I want to grow old with you Q. I only see it working out...then I guess I am dreaming of a fairytale." He shrugged. It made it seem like she had no faith in them. That bothered him the most but if that's what she wanted to get married then he'd do it. He'd do whatever cause he loved her.

"Because your passive aggressive attitude is annoying as hell. Don't tell me to do something if you obviously don't want it." She argued.

"I'm not saying it's goi to fail. That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying IF something happens and we grow apart then we should have clear boundaries now. Who knows what feelings we will have IF it ever comes to that. If we can just get it out of the way now it will make it easier then IF we need it too."

She was trying to plan for a possible future, even if it didn't happen, and he only saw it as keeping things separate. This could be the future in ten years or fifty years or it could never happen at all. Of course she didn't want it to happen but it would be nice to know they had a plan if it did.

He was an optimist, he only saw the positives and didn't focus on the realities of the world. She was a realist and knew that they were happy now but in the future they might not be. He said him self he didn't like that she travelled so much. If she got as big as she wanted to get, she would be traveling a lot more. When Owen was older and in school, Jake wouldn't be able to travel with her because he needed to stay with him. That could be a strain on their marriage. She didn't say he would cheat or she would cheat, there were other factors to look at. The fact that they saw the world in different ways could be a strain on their relationship.

"Can we go please? I'm getting a headache. I want to lay down." She scratched the back of her neck and looked around.

He put his sandwich and chips in her bag and closed it. He listened to what she was saying. He didn't say at first but after thinking about it he spoke up. "I wasn't saying it because I don't want it." He sighed and didn't feel like he eas explaining his thoughts right.

It was clear Jake flew off the handle a lot. That had happened before they got together. "I feel like I need to explain something okay? I understand you probably have your ideas and reasonings but I may not always see that. Or at least not at first. I'm guarded Adri." He looked at her. "I've never felt this way before. I don't want to think about us not working. I'm getting married once in my life. If it doesn't work out then that's it for me. I don't think what you are suggesting is a bad idea. My mind just originally went to us not working out. That kinda freaked me out for a minute. The more you explain it. It makes sense. But I have questions about how it will work too. With the house and other things. The money part really isn't important to me. I see this kinda like a fight. You don't go in thinking you're going to lose you go in knowing you're going to win. And you fight with everything you have to win. Without giving up." He shrugged still not sure if he made sense.

"Yeah baby we can go. Did you still want to go to the store?" He got up and grabbed their bag and his drinks. Out at the car he stopped her and pulled her to him. "I'm sorry if I came off as a jerk. It's not how I meant it at all." He looked in her eyes. "I love you Adge."

"That's not a good excuse anymore Jake. If you want to be guarded then be guarded on your own. I don't want to hear it. That's the same excuse I get every time. I'm tired of it." She rubbed her lips together and sighed, "Then ask questions. Don't cut off the idea because you don't like it. Write down questions and ask or just ask them."

She shook her head to going to the store. "I'll go later or I'll just take him out somewhere." She rubbed her forehead glad she wasn't wearing make up. She could just get in bed for a little bit and sleep it off.

She looked at him when he pulled her to him and hugged him back,"I know Jake." She said softly. "I love you too." She got in the car and buckled up so he could drive them home.

"Baby, I didn't cut off the idea. I voiced my opinions about it. I just don't think I explained myself right...I'm trying here Adge. I'm trying to communicate. It's going to take a bit for me to figure out what works." He let out a sigh.

Jake felt bad he didn't explain things how he wanted to. Or his tone was not the best. "I don't want you to just take him out. Why don't you go home and lay down and I'll go get the groceries? I can even take Owen." He started to head back.

He stayed quiet the drive home for the most part. He probably should have thought on it more before he spoke up. "I want to specify that I will pay child support for any kids. Regardless of how much I see them, I will still support them. I trust you to use it for what they would need." He spoke softly and honestly.

"Well pushing me away when I have an idea you don't like is not going to work. Ever." She could only take the same excuse so many times before she snapped herself. She trying to let him try and figure it out on his own. They rarely fought though so it was hard for him to try.

"If we are public it will be harder for us to fight. We will have to get along." She let out a breath and. Kidded her head, "Yeah go get the food and if I feel better later I'll cook." She said softly.

She closed her eyes as he drove and opened then when he he started to talk. She wanted to believe him but his actions didn't support his words. What if he hated her when they were getting divorced? Would he still think this rationally?

"If I'm smart I won't need your help. But thank you for telling me that. The prenup will just make sure we stand by our word." She said softly and closed her eyes again.

"I wasn't trying to push you away babe. I'm sorry." She was right though. He would work on that. He tended to push people away. Hell when he talked to his mother, she didn't understand why a girl like Adri would want a guy like him. He thought about that a lot himself. "I don't want to fight over things. I don't want to fight period." He grew quiet a moment. He still felt like she thought he was this royal jerk from how he handled Layla telling him about Owen, but she had to understand that thing happened where it wasn't always the guys child, but she wanted money. He just knew other guys who had gotten screwed by the woman. Hell it happened a lot. He was trying to protect himself. As he was now, but she was trying to protect him and herself financially and he was worried about his emotional protection. "Adri..it's not you. When your own mother thinks your fiance is going to wake up and leave you one day, you start to feel like you aren't good enough. Then with your suggestion...it just made me think even more that maybe you would wake up and realize you could do so much better." He looked out the window as he felt like she probably didn't fully understand it.

"I can always cook too." He said quietly and when he got them home he carried their bags inside and put them by the stairs. "I'll get the bags when I get home. Go rest. Is there anything else you need?" He went to grab the list. As he skimmed over it, he asked what kind of wine she wanted.

Jake packed up Owen and told Amy she was done for awhile but he may need her later on. A work out would probably do him good. She could tell something was wrong. "She kick your ass?" He shook his head. "I'm going to the store." He headed out with Owen and got him strapped in before heading to the store. Amy stood there a moment a bit confused of what was going on, she called after him but then let him go. On the drive to the store he tried to clear his head. But once he got to the store, he got Owen out of the car and put his carrier on the cart. He talked to him as he shopped.

"Have I done anything to make you think that I was going to leave you? You don't just wake up one more and fall out of love with someone. It happens over time and I'm sure if I did fall out of love with you, I wouldn't be in the car trying to plan our future." She rubbed her temple and frowned, "And that should make you want to sign a prenup even more. If I did fall out of love with you wouldn't you want to feel protected?"

She went upstairs and headed to the stairs right away. She shook her head to needing anything and went to their room. She took her clothes off and took a nice long shower before getting in the bed and taking a nap. She didn't know why she was so sleepy all the time. She guessed she was still trying to recover from traveling. It wasn't too long ago they were in England.

Since Owen was gone Max came up to the room with Adri and laid with her. She knew Jake was back because Max jumped off the bed and ran downstairs to greet him. She got out of the bed and went to the bathroom before going downstairs. She bit her bottom lip and looked at Jake, "Thank you for going to the store for me." She said softly.

"No you haven't. But I didn't mean you have right now but that it's a possibility. That down the road it could happen. The fact it could happen is what freaks me out. My head just isn't worried about being protected. I'm not saying that's the right or wrong way to be, it's just how my head is." Jake thought it over. "I'd be trying to figure out what I did wrong to make you fall out of love with me and if I could make you fall back in love with me. Not some finances or the house." He shrugged.

Jake took his time at the store as he wanted Adri to get her rest. He carried Owen in first and put him on the counter. He then grabbed the other bags and carried them in.

He was putting stuff away when he saw Adri. "You're welcome. You feeling any better?"

She took Owen out of the carrier and held him while Jake brought the bags in. "Yeah my head isn't hurting anymore but I did some math, rather checked a calendar and I might need to go to the store. I'm hoping I'm wrong because it the absolute last thing we need right now but I need to check and make sure." She sighed and looked at Jake to see if he understood what she was saying with out actually having to say it. She felt like if she said it then it would actually be true and she really didn't want that right now. They had Owen and that was all they could handle.

She set him in his bouncer and let Max smell him. She went back into the kitchen and helped put the groceries away. "Don't get excited about it. It could be a fluke and with our schedules, I'm kind of hoping it's a fluke. We aren't ready for any of this." She put the chicken in the fridge and stared at the fridge door.

"I don't think it's possible. I mean it can't be. There is only like a .01% of this happening." She put her head in her hands and shook her head. "This can't be happening."

Jake froze when she mentioned having to go to the store and checking a calendar. He just looked at her a moment then went back to the groceries. It was a perfect example that he needed to think before speaking. He just gave her a nod that he was following and also listening.

He realized she kept talking and making it sound impossible more for herself than him. It woud be bad timing and who knew what people would think but he would still be happy if she was.

Jake noticed her freaking out. He put his stuff down and ealked over to her and wrapped his arms aroud her and rubbed her back. "It will be okay. It will work out. I can take you to the store. And be with you while you wait. I'm here...it will be okay. " He just held her for a few moments.

She shook her head to him taking her to the store, "Stay here with Owen. I'll be right back and then we can find out." She sighed and went upstairs to get some plain clothes on and came back to grab her keys.

"I'll be fit back." She told Jake and left. She came back about a half hour later and she had a bag full of tests and Swedish fish to snack on. She also grabbed a jug of sunny d because that was what worked for Juno.

"A stupid paparazzi by caught me coming out of the store with all of this crap." She told him and opened her SunnyD. "And no you went getting any candy." She put the candy fish in the freezer for later and drank her fake orange juice.

"I bought some plastic cups so I can pee in one of those and then dip the tests in. Much faster process." She said softly and sat on the couch. Now she just needed to wait until she had to pee.

Jake sat on the couch trying to figure out what would happen if she was in fact pregnant. She would probably hate him for getting her pregnant right now.

He got up with Owen when she came home. "Q...I wouldn't dream of stealing any of your candy..." Things dif make more sense if she was pregnant. She was tired a lot. She craved food and that day Jake thought she was a little grumpy.

"Babe...you had everything in a bag. They probably couldn't see it." He walked over and hugged her. "Good idea with the cups. How many did you buy? Come on..." He went upstairs and laid Owen down on the bed so he could give Adri most of his attention. "I can wait here." He hugged her tight.

"Five." Whether she would take all five or not depended on the answer she got from the first three. The last two she would keep for future purposes when they were in a better place and ready for a kid.

"Okay." She said softly and kind of pushed out of the hug. It wasn't that she didn't appreciate it, she just didn't want to be hugged. She wanted to take these tests and figure out what the hell she was going to do. Well, there was only one thing she really could do. She supposed while she was pregnant, she could go to school and do her make up line but she wanted to do so much more in the fashion world.

She took the cup and bag into the bathroom and did her business. She dipped the first three tests in the cup and then she went out to the bedroom and they waited. And it felt like the longest wait of her life.

He felt like she was mad at him when she pushed away. He was afraid if she was pregnant, she would hate and resent him. She was focused on her career and he didn't want to be the guy to screw that up.

Jake wanted to be supportive but he didn't know what to do or say. So as they sat and waited he just sat with her. To let her know he was there.

"I love you Adriana." He said quietly. He checked his phone every few minutes and then when it was time he looked at her and kissed her shoulder. "Theyshould be ready."

Back
Top Bottom