Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

His hands moved to her face. He looked deep in to Adriana's eyes. Damn he loved those eyes. At times they could be so intense and so intoxicating. "I can understand their concern. I don't really like guys drooling over my girl and seeing her in very sexy bathing suits. But at the end of the day, you came home with me." He smiled. "Sometimes I wonder why. But you did. And baby if they could see you when you do it..see that smile. They would support you too baby." Jake wanted nothing more but for his girl to be happy and to smile and he knew he held the news that would probably change that smile. That killed him.

He was fine with her wanting to wait a day. Jake didn't want to be the guy that ruined things for her. She seemed so happy so why should he ruin that, especially when she asked him not to. He would wait till she was ready to hear it. He figured with her wanting to wait, she had a feeling she already knew the answer anyway.

"Why can't we go tomorrow?" He wasn't sure if they had something planned for Thursday evening that he couldn't remember. He did have plans for them to do. She wanted him to take him places he liked to go so he was excited to get to share something with her and then he was excited to get to go to her favorite places. It was Vegas so there was endless possiblities.

She smiled at him, "Let's hope they aren't too upset when they find out I am back in business. I should probably tell them before the pictures get published." She frowned a bit and shrugged her shoulder, "I will tell them on Sunday, if you want to go to dinner that is. It doesn't have to be a every week thing but at least once a month would be nice. Or more when we have good news to tell them."

She made a look when he asked why they couldn't go tomorrow. "I'm not saying we can't but some things might need to be discussed and that will be more important than a date night." She said softly. "We will see how the day takes us."

She tried to be diplomatic about it but he had to know. She wanted to be open minded about it and there was still a chance that he wasn't the father. She didn't want to think about it today though. This was her day, and while it was on the back of her mind. She got to focus on herself and not have to wait on him and do everything he asked.

Jake grabbed her hand and moved them to the living room. He sat behind her and he rubbed her neck and shoulders. "Let's stay open minded about it. But yeah you probably should tell them. I think it would be better coming from you." He gave her shoulder a kiss as his thumb and fingers worked on her neck. She was a little tense and he figured he knew why. "Baby I would love to go to dinner Sunday. Why not make it as much as we can. I may not feel too up to it after a fight but maybe those we can have here. We still need to have them over. Maybe we can do that babe...let's hold Sunday's here."

His hands moved down to her shoulders where he began to massage. "Okay. I just didn't want to be forgetting something. I need to start looking in my phone more. Or set reminders."

He would start taking initiative to take care of his things on his own. Jake knew Adri felt like he couldn't do things on his own and deep down he could. He just liked having his girlfriend be a part of everything and she was good at keeping his appointments in order. Hell that's why she got hired and what she got hired to do. She may have more to do for him because she lived with him and was also his girlfriend. But he was very grateful and thankful for all she ever did. But now he knew he needed to step up because he didn't want to depend on her with this new baby. It was his responsibility.

She put her hands on top of his and stopped his massage, "I'm tired, babe." She stood up and walked behind the couch. "It's been a long day and I am ready for bed."

"Sunday dinner here means a lot of prep and planning. I know they will jump on the chance to come and see the house so we can get away with having dinner here this weekend but next time we need to ask in advance. I need to figure out what I want to make. Once I figure it out, I am going food shopping Saturday, so I need you to write down what you need from the store by Friday."

She smiled at him and kissed him again. She picked up Max and took him outside to pee and then they went upstairs to get some sleep. She didn't sleep right away though. She got on Pinterest and looked up some new and delicious recipes she would make for Sunday dinner.

Jake sighed and tried not to get upset. He was only trying to help and he felt like she was shooting down everything he was trying to do. First the date, then now the massage. He let it go though.

"If it's too short of notice it's okay. We can do it next week...Or if you don't want to cook. I can totally grill. I wouldn't mind that at all or we can grill and have you make something and combine it. I can handle writing what I need down." He watched her get up and take make out and then upstairs. His hand ran through his hair and he let out a sigh.

A few moments later he went up to bed and crawled in with her. He saw her looking on her phone and kissed her shoulder. "I love you..." He said quietly.

"I love you too Jake." She said softly, obviously distracted by what she was looking at.

When she thought she found a couple good recipes, she closed her ipad and turned on her side to get some sleep. For once, Max slept most of the night. he only got up once in the morning to pee and then she went right back to bed. She was going to start letting him sleep with them because she was tired of getting up early but if he slept through the night on the ground, she wouldn't have to do that.

When she woke up, she took Max for a walk around the neighborhood. When she came home, she made herself a cup of tea and wnet outside to enjoy the morning.

He let out another sigh and got comfortable. His eyes closed and he started to fall asleep.

Jake let Adri get up with Max, even though he would have offered to get up with him. He slept through her getting up in the morning with him. He slept in a little and got up and went for a run. He let his head get a bit clear as he ran with his ipod on. He knew the conversation would come up eventually about the baby but if he could clear his head and do it calmly it would be best. Running always helped clear his head.

Once he got back he made a protein shake and he stuck his head outside. "Baby you want a shake?" Max came running to him. "Hey Max." He bent down and pet him. "Has he had his breakfast?"

"I put it out for him but I am not sure if he ate it. We went for a long walk and he went to sleep. He will eat it when he is hungry." She laid her head back on the lounge chair and went back to reading her book and enjoying her morning.

It wasn't until the afternoon that she got curious enough to want to know the results. She sighed and walked into the house. Max was long gone, it got too hot for him so he went to the AC and slept in there. She looked for Jake and rubbed her lips together, "Do you know the results?" She asked softly.

She sat on the couch and hugged a pillow to her chest. She was mindful that Max was in the corner sleeping and she told herself she would keep her voice down and talk this through peacefully.

He listened to her about his food and let it go. He just wanted to help in anyway he could. After making his smoothie he went to their gym and worked out. Once he was finished, he showered and went to the living room to watch UFC fights on his future competetitors.

When Adri sat next to him his heart raced a bit and he felt nervous. More nervous than any fight he ever had. When she asked her question he shut the fights off and turned to look at her. He gave her a nod and looked down before looking back at her. "I do." He let out a bit of a sigh.

"I'm this kid's father Adri..." He watched her for her reaction. "Before you say anything or get too angry or upset...there is something else you should know. After the test I gave Layla the things you bought for the baby. She said thank you. But then her and I went to talk. We got ice cream. We need to be on the same page." He looked Adriana over and reached for her hand. "I explained to her that you are my girlfriend and I love you and I want to be with you for the rest of my life so she had to get used to you being around." He wanted to get into more details about that but left it at that for now.

"I also went to see your parents. I wanted them to find out from me not the media. Or someone else and it wasn't your responsibility to tell them. This is on me and I needed to go about it right." He spoke quietly and he knew she would be upset and honestly, he had no idea how to handle this with her, whether to give her space if that was what she wanted, or try to justify things and explain his mindset.

"Adri, I have to do what is right by this kid. Not for her but for him. You and I can give him a good life. Full of love and support."

Of course she was disappointed. She didn't try to hide it. She was disappointed, she was pissed, she was sad and upset. She looked down at the couch and licked her lips. She laughed a bit, he told Layla she needed to get used to Adri. No it was the other way around. Adri was the one in the relationship. Layla was the one coming and ruining everything with a baby.

She raised her eyebrows at his revelation of going to see her parents. On one hand it was weight off of her shoulders, on the other hand they were her parents and she would have liked to be there. She ran her tongue over her teeth and nodded her head slowly, letting everything sink in. She knew it was coming but she hoped against hell that it wouldn't be true. Now that it was, she didn't know what to do. She pulled her hand out of his and pushed her hair out of her face.

She took a deep breath and rubbed her lips together again, "I would never want to come between you and your son." She said softly. She swallowed and thought about her next words. "I...um..." She shook her head and her tongue poked her cheek. She couldn't think of anything. There was a lot she wanted to say but nothing would come out.

"I need you to understand the difference between being your assistant and being your girlfriend. When I am your girlfriend, I will help you with him when you need it and whatever else but when I am your assistant, you aren't going to drop everything on me and tell me to deal with it while you work. You can find a nanny or a babysitter or something to watch him but when we are at the gym or a photoshoot, he needs to be in a suitable place."

She felt like that came out wrong but she wasn't thinking about what she said. She knew some lines had to be drawn out though. She wasn't exactly sure if she was ready to be, or wanted to be, step mom. She rubbed her eyebrows. She took a deep breath and sighed, "I don't know what to tell you, Jake." She shook her head and shrugged her shoulder.

"Should I be more accepting and let it slide like water off a duck's back? Because I don't feel that way. I don't want to feel that way. I'm pissed at both of you." She was jealous of the kid because this perfect future she had could be ruined at the snap of a finger. First child, gone. First son, gone. She would always come second to the kid. It wasn't the right way to think and she hated herself for it but it was all she could think of right now.

"I need to go for a walk." She said softly and picked up Max. She grabbed his leash and left. She forgot her phone in her haste and she didn't notice. She walked around the neighborhood and came to a park. She let Max run around the dog park and stood in the corner. She wiped the few tears that fell away angrily and watched her dog play.

Jake could see Adriana struggling and it killed him that he was the reason for it. His eyes just watched her and honestly his heart crushed a bit when she pulled away from him.

He gave her a nod about when she was working basically she wouldn't help with him. Honestly, he didn't expect her to. "I understand," was all he could get out. It kind of made sense certain places weren't suitable for a child and if he had to hire someone to watch the child he would.

Jake was a bit confused on what she wasnt sure what to tell him. He wasn't looking for any comforting words from her. It was a thing where he felt like he had a fight om his hands.

When she mentioned needing to go for a walk he just nodded and gave her, her space. His head rested back on the back of the couch. The more he thought about it, he could sign over the boys rights and just pay her out....but what kind of man does that. He couldn't. He had to do what was right.

His eyes closed as he waited for the woman he loved to return. A debate on calling for some white roses, lost out. He didn't think roses would help much at this point.

She loved the fact that he was going to support the kid and help raise him. That was the best thing he could do for the kid. She wasn't upset at the child for being created. She was upset because she wasn't the one to create him. Jake ruined that when he was off whoring himself with Layla and who knew who else. Who else was pregnant, or had been pregnant, with his kid? That thought irked a nerve.

She was thinking the worst and that wasn't helping the situation. She rubbed her temples and leaned against the fence of the dog park. They weren't ready for a kid. He wasn't ready for a kid. He barely knew what he was doing for the day, how was he supposed to manage a newborn? He didn't want to get up when Max cried but he was supposed to get up when a baby cried? She would help with the kid, whether she was working or being his girlfriend, but she was not going to change her job title to [insert baby's name here] assistant. She was Jake's assistant.

It was a good thing they had a nursery. It was supposed to be for their child but it would just fine for Jake's child. There was a small piece of her that was really pissed at him for ruining the little moment she wanted to give to him. And then looking longer down the line it all sucked. First day of school, first day of karate, or boxing, classes. The nerves he would get when he took them to these places, all got placed in this one baby. Maybe she was thinking into it too much. Maybe she was looking too deep into it. They were just days in a calendar. They weren't that big of a deal.

For a split second she thought of stopping the pill and getting pregnant herself but that was just petty and stupid. She had a modeling job in front of her and she wanted to enjoy it as long as she could. She collected Max when he got tired and walked him back home. She gave him some fresh water and sat on the couch with a blank expression.

She sighed and leaned over with her head on Jake's shoulder. She would never tell him how much it hurt and she couldn't leave him because he decided to do the right thing.

Jake was a bit happy and relieved when she sat next to him and laid her head on his shoulder. He kissed her head and let his lips linger a moment. His hand rested against her leg with his thumb caressing her leg. He didn't know what to say and not make matters worse so for awhile he just sat with her.

Then he finally spoke up. "I still want to do all this with you. I want to share this experience with the woman I love most in this world." He kissed her head again and got quiet for a bit longer.

"Adge...babe...I heard his little heartbeat." He said quietly. "It was...amazing. It was strong.I just kinda froze though..." He didn't know how to explain how it made him feel and Jake was afraid to share too much that he would just hurt her more so he got quiet. He started to feel like he couldn't or shouldn't share with her about his son.

It felt nice to sit there in silence but she was still being weighed down by everything. She had so much hope for their future and now she had to change so much to accommodate his child. She rubbed her lips together and sighed.

"I know." She said softly to him wanting to do this with her as well. It wouldn't be his first time but it would be his.

When he spoke of the heartbeat, the tears pooled up in her eyes. "That's great Jake." She said softly. "I'm so happy...for you." She added and she was happy for him but goddamn if it didn't feel like a knife in the back. She took a deep breath and tried to stop the tears. Instead she got up and went to the bathroom to wash her face and get all of the tears out.

Jake sat there a moment feeling awful that his girlfriend was hurting so much. And it was his fault. But it was something he did long before he even met her...but it didn't matter, it still hurt Adri.

He got up and walked to the bathroom and opened the door and didn't say a word and just wrapped his arms around her. He held her close to him and held her tight. He tried to keep himself from getting choked up as his heart broke for her. As he held her, he wondered if maybe he should leave her so that way she can have all the things she feels she is missing out on. But he soon realized it was with him that she wanted those things.

It was as long as she needed that he stayed in the bathroom holding her. He didn't say a word but he wasn't going to let her sit there and cry alone. He squeezed her a bit tighter. Part of him wondered if she got to hear that heartbeat if she would still be so upset, he figured she would be. He realized he had to keep his feelings about it to himself. It kinda sucked he couldn't share things with her but he understood why.

Adri cried for a bit. She felt guilty for not being happier for him but she would rather cry in her arms than fake happiness and bottle her true feelings up.

When she was finished she stayed in his arms for a little bit longer and then washed her face again. "I'm sorry." She said softly and leaned against the sink. Her break down had to feel like a let down. She was supportive in most things he did and she knew this wasn't the worst thing in the world and she would come around to it eventually but it hurt.

She took a deep breath and licked her lips then rubbed them together. "I think I am going to take a nap for a bit." She said softly. "I'll make dinner when I get up." If she got up. She rubbed her nose and grabbed her phone and and ipad before going to their room and laying down.

She checked her email and saw an email from her photographer with a couple of the pictures from yesterday. She saved them to her phone and posted one of the ones she really liked. She was in the pool up to her upper thigh, in a tiny bikini with her hands in her hair. Her body was wet but somehow the bikini was dry. For the caption she tanked Phillip for making her look and feel so good and posted it to Instagram.

Jake just shook his head when she apologized. "You don't have anything to apologize for." He watched her closely and his chest hurt. His chest hurt because he knew he was hurting her.

"Don't worry about dinner. I can make something or just heat something up." He stood in the bathroom a minute and let her go upstairs. Max ran after her. The damn dog wasn't even on his side. Not that the dog knew anything that was going on anyway and he knew Adri needed cuddles from her Maximus.

He went out and sat on the couch and put his feet up and just watched fighting tapes, but really didn't pay close attention. Jake worried that she would resent this child when he got older.

Pulling out his phone he checked instagram and also researched some baby names. He saw the picture Adri put up and he commented on it, "My beautiful sexy girlfriend. I'm super proud of you baby. I love you."

He found a few names online he liked and sent them to Layla, hell okay he found a lot, "Owen means young fighter." He sent that then followed up with, "But I also like Noah, Jayden, Joseph (Joey for short), Jude (From the Beatles song), Daniel (Danny for short). Let me know what you like." He debated before sending it but then sent it. It was hard not for him to be scared and excited.

After awhile he got up and went their gym. He put on the gloves and took to hitting the punching bag.

She heard Max's little cry when she laid on th bed and played with her phone. She looked at him over the bed and she picked him up and let him curl up with her. She rubbed his back and set her phone down. After a big yawn she decided to get some rest and she closed her eyes. She took a nice little, pretty long, nap.

While she slept Layla looked over the names he suggested. "Owen Isaac Connors. I think that sounds alright. Or just Owen Connors." She replied through a text.

When Adri woke up she had a ton of likes on Instragram and she disabled notifications so he phone wasn't always going off. She grabbed her iPad again and looked for a recipe. She called her mom and asked if they could move dinner to their place.the conversation went way off topic to Jake and the baby before she finally agreed to having Sunday at their new home. She sent her family the text with their new address and got out of bed.

She wrote down everything needed to make a nice big dinner. Since she already did their grocery shopping she only had to get the food she needed for dinner.

Jake's phone went off and saw it was from Layla then he saw the last name and his forehead wrinkled. "You mean Owen Isaac Daniels." He sent it back and then went back to punching the punching bag some more for a good hour or so. Once he was done he needed a shower but wasn't going to go in their room and wake Adri up so he decided to wait.

He went to the kitchen and got some water and then went to his office and did some research on his potential opponents for a bit.

It didn't last long, it wasn't until after she was done talking to her mother that he got up and went to see if she was still sleeping to finally shower and maybe, just maybe spend some time with his girlfriend, but he figured it was a slim chance.

"No, Owen Isaac Connors. He is taking my name because he is going to be living with me. It makes sense for him to have my name."

When she had everything she needed written down, she got up and threw on a nice comfortable dress to wear to the store. She slipped into some flats and brushed her hair into a high was in the closet when Jake walked in to shower.

She swapped purses to something that went with her outfit and put the one that Jake got her away. "I am going grocery shopping. Mom said we can have dinner here so they are coming on Sunday. I'm going to take Max out and leave him in his kennel u til you get out of the shower."

Jake was pissed that Layla wanted him to have her last name. "Layla...I'm his father. The child normally has the father's name." This wasn't even something he could talk to his girlfriend about and that whole situation just frustrated and pissed him off even more.

His eyes watched her put the purse he got her away and he didn't see it from a girls perspective that it didn't match, he saw it from the dude's perspective of her being upset and not wanting to use something he got her. And even if it wasn't right it hurt a bit but he swallowed it cause he figured he should. He was back to kind of keeping his feelings to himself.

"I thought you were going Saturday? I thought I had till tomorrow evening to let you know what I needed from the store?" He asked quietly just to understand why it was changing. Not that it mattered but he hadn't had time to see if he needed anything. "I guess I can just go if I need something." He went into the bathroom before he flipped shit on anything that breathed. His hands ran over his face. He felt like he was losing his mind and the person to bring him back seemed to want nothing to really do with him and he had no idea how to handle it.

"Normally the couple are married, or dating, when the child has his father's last name." Layla replied. She wasn't going to let Jake think he could bully her for her child's last name. He was living with her, so he would have her last name.

"I got groceries on Tuesday. Everything you asked for in the kitchen." She told him. She was wondering where this attitude was coming from. "Is there something else you need me to pick up?" She rolled her eyes when he went into the bathroom. "Whatever." She said softly and left the room. Max followed her out and she let him out before she locked him in the kitchen so he could destroy the house while Jake took a shower.

She drove to the grocery store and a Barnes and Noble across the street. She walked to the Barnes and Noble store and looked around. She found some baby books and picked a few of them out. After she bought them she threw them in the trunk and went to get her groceries.

Jake let out a sigh when he checked his phone. He rolled his eyes, shaking his head as he replied. "Not always. Can we at least talk about it in person and discuss it the next time we are together?" He felt like he was being civil despite being pretty angry. In no way was he trying to bully her, but if he was paying child support and getting him, he didn't understand why he couldn't have his name. Why was she so against it? He also didn't understand why she thought the boy would be with her most of the time. He mentioned wanting him and spending time with him, but not just spending time with him but have him regularly and not just when she was busy like a damn babysitter.

He got in the shower and took a nice long hot one. He let the water spray down on him and he tried to let Layla fighting him on child's name and then trying to handle Adri's emotions go. He cleared his mind the best he could. Once he got out and got dressed he went downstairs to let Max out. He grabbed his phone and texted Adri, "I don't know if we have things for your family to drink. You know more of what they like. Can you pick up some drinks? I'll go get wine tomorrow. And I love you."

Max and Jake played for a bit before they just hung out on the couch together until Adri got home. Once she got home, Jake went out to help her carry in the groceries.

When Adri got her basket, she put her purse in the baby section of the cart and rolle dit around. She didn't feel her phone go off. She was busy looking for what she needed for dinner. She already had drinks on her list so she bought some beers she knew her brother drank, she bought some baby sodas and there was water at the house so if her parents didn't want soda or beer they could drink that. Getting wine required another store and all she wanted to do was go home and cuddle her dog.

She bought everything and got it all in her car. She drove to IN-N-Out and got a burger, fries and strawberry shake and then she drove home. It had been a long day and she deserved some fatty foods. Jake could make his own dinner. It was probably petty but he was in time out for getting another woman pregnant.

She parked in the garage and set her food on the bar before bringing everything in with Jake, and Max's, help. She sipped on her shake and put the food in it's proper place. "There's something for you in the trunk of my car." She said since she forgot to grab the books.

He would find two books one titled, The Unplanned Pregnancy Book for Teens and College Students, and the other titled, Pregnancy for Dummies.

Jake gave Adri a confused look about what would be in the trunk and noticed the food she got without offering to get him anything but he let it go. He wasn't in the mood to fight. Then he saw the books and just looked at them. He shook his head with a sigh and walked back inside and placed them on the bar. "Thanks babe. They are very thoughtful."

He put the groceries away for her so she could eat. Anger and frustration ran through him and he couldn't deal with things going the way they were.

His eyes shot at Adri and he grabbed her and picked her up over his shoulders and carried her to the living room and pinned her down on the couch. He was in the same position he was when he told her that he loved her. His eyes looked in hers. She had some things she needed to hear and she wasn't getting up until she heard them.

Back
Top Bottom