Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

She shrugged her shoulder when he thanked her for the books, "Better to learn before the baby comes than struggle when it's here." She said softly and took a bite of her burger. She hadn't even thought of him going to birthing classes with Layla. It just never crossed her mind. Everything he needed was in a book and if it wasn't he could ask his mother or her parents.

She finished her satisfying meal and sipped on her shake. She could eat In-N-Out for every meal for the rest of her life. She unlocked her phone and saw a couple media outlets mentioning her racy bikini photo.

When Jake picked her up she groaned. His shoulder was digging into her stomach after she ate. "Not a good idea." She said softly and tried to push him rolled her eyes when he didn't get the hint and raised an eyebrow.

"Get off of me." She said pushing his chest back.

He held her down and shook his head no. Max thought they were playing and got excited but he ignored him for a few minutes. "I'll let you up after I'm done."

His eyes searched hers as he spoke softly. "I was stupid okay? I'll be the first to admit and take responsibility for it. But I never in a million years thought someone like you would walk into the gym and into my life. Next thing I knew...I was falling in love with you and that scared me. Hell it still does. And it kills me knowing you're hurting and because of my actions. But there is no one else I want right next to me for any of this." He gave her cheek a small kiss.

"I'm scared to death but I find it an adventure and I want to go on this adventure with you. I love you Adriana. God had a plan for things to work out like this. But he still wanted you to be there through it all too. I want to be the best father I can be for all of my children. I want them to see me and how I treat you and know that is how a man treats a woman he loves. This child needs your patience. Cause God knows you have a lot of it to deal with me." He gave her a small smile. "And he needs your love and support. Adri..." His eyes watered up a bit. "You have things to offer this child that neither Layla or myself can offer him. That's why I believe he needs you like he needs us." He paused a few moments. "I want to give him a safe place he can call home and come and spend his family. That's you, me and Mr. Maximus here. I just want our family to grow. In size and love....Adri...you changed me in ways I can't explain. I have no doubt you'd have an amazing impact on him as well." His hands still held her down. "Adriana...I love you so much."

Adri watched and listened to Jake pour out his soul to her. She tried to remain steel faced but her strong exterior was quickly fading. He was scared and she was too. He needed her to get through and she didn't want to extend herself to him out of fear of losing him to Layla. Layla was giving him something Adri didn't want to give him right now. He could choose the baby and the family life with Layla right now and not look back.

"I love you Jake. What you are asking me to do isn't easy. I've done this before and you have no idea how much it sucks when I end up alone and you get to be in a happy family with someone else. And you can say you have no feelings for her but once that baby comes, she becomes the mother of your child and things change. I don't want to be in that position again." She could leave and take Max and let Jake live his life with out having to worry about her. Or she could trust that he did love her and wouldn't leave her.

"I love you and I trust you but that thought will always be on the back of my mind. I don't want to lose you. I don't want to be the evil step mother that doesn't want the kid. I already told you I would try to help you with what I can and that was the truth. That's all I can do. I can try to help you and whatever happens from that point on happens." It was the best she could do. She was extending the olive branch. She told him she would be there. She could t make him any promises on this because she needed to protect herself.

Jake moved his hands from pinning her down to her face to make her look him eyes to see how serious he was. "I get you're worried. I totally understand why. I can't blame you. My feelings for you and wanting you is not going to change. I love you so much. I want you to be my girl forever." He brushed her lips with his own.

"Adri, I don't want Layla. I never have and I won't. Her having my son isn't going to change that. I never had any feelings for her and I know that sounds awful but it's true. Hell the woman is already pissing me off." He sounded annoyed frustrated. He figured the two would probably argue and fight about this kid. May turn a bit ugly and courts may get involved. "I'm trying to stay civil but may be impossible to not involve people but that's besides the point."

He let out a small sigh. "I know you said all you can do is try. And that is all I can really ask. But I'm telling you now and I'll tell you everyday forever, that I love you and I want you. Forever Adriana." His head moved to rest on hers. "I love you and I'll tell you a million times a day until you're sick of hearing it." His eyes looked deep in hers. "I'm taking you out tomorrow. Dress nice."

"You did want her at one point or we wouldn't be in this situation. You had feelings, no matter how small. Don't lie to make me feel better. And don't try to deny it." She rolled her eyes to them already fighting. He wasn't even here yet and they were fighting. "That's great." She said sarcastically.

"I know you will and I love you too." She rubbed his cheek and pushed him off of her. She kissed his temple and went back to her shake. "And for the record, I always dress nice." She added to show that she wasn't upset, or as upset, as she was before.

"What kind of nice? Casual nice or formal nice?"

His eye gave a small roll. "Adri...chances are I was drunk...again not a proud moment, but being honest. I didn't have feelings for her. Hell I obviously don't even remember the incident that happened..." He wasn't helping his case but he was never too drunk to remember anything with Adri. "Baby I love you, I'm not lying to make you feel better, I'm being honest and it makes me look horrible. But it's the the truth."

Jake's eyes closed briefly as she caressed his cheek. He smiled at her remark as he watched her go to the kitchen. "Yeah you do. That is the truth."

He thought a moment. "Is there an inbetween? Like, I'm going to wear dress pants, button up shirt, but no tie. And no Affliction clothes just for my baby." He smiled, "I'm going to show her I can look nice on my own." He honestly was quiet excited to take her out on this date.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. Only I'm allowed to do." She gave him a look and continued to enjoy her shake. She brought her shake to the couch and sat next to him. "I'll go in between."

She didn't say anything when he said he could dress himself. "I certainly hope so. You're going to be dressing someone else soon and I'm not going anywhere with you if you both look like clowns." She half teased.

She put her legs over his lap and then picked up Max and set him on her thighs. "Where are we going? Can I wear a dress or should I put on some jeans?"

He grinned as her playful side was coming back through and he loved that. "Oh I'll roll my eyes if I want to." He gave her a look right back. "Good choice."

"Yeah about that. I wanna go shopping with you. I want to go pick out stuff together." She had good taste in fashion and designs. He wanted his son to be a stud just like his father. "Oh yes you would come with us. And you'd love it."

Jake ran his fingertips over her legs. "You will find out tomorrow where we are going. We are going to dinner and then some places I like to go. Definitely a dress baby. A nice sexy dress for sure."

He sat there watching Max and her a moment. He debated telling her about Layla not wanting his son to have his last name. She seemed happy and excited but he didn't want to not include her. "So..Layla wants him to have her last name..." He said quietly before looking at her. "So that may be something she doesn't take from you."

She shook her head, "No. I would not go anywhere with you two dressed as clowns. I hate clowns. I would drop you both off somewhere and then drive right back home." She stuck her tongue out at him and set her empty cup on the table. "I guess to make sure you don't look like clowns when you leave the house, I will have to go with you." She did enjoy buying baby stuff before. Now that it was Jake's it might be more fun. It might help her come around to the idea of having a baby around.

She smiled and nodded her head, "A sexy dress it is." She agreed. "Speaking of sexy dresses, I am sure you have some award shows coming up soon. You're number five in the MMA world. That means you get invited right? Do you need a date to these events? Because I have a busy schedule and if I am going to be invited to any events I need to be asked. Preferably in a formal way with smiled and scratched Max's head. "Just saying."

She glanced at Jake from Max and looked down at Max again. She scratched Max's head, "That's why you two are fighting?" She asked softly. "Does he have a name yet?" She asked curiously. "You could always give him one name, like Cher and Beyoncé." She offered. "Speaking of him, you have a few free afternoons this week if you want to meet with your lawyer and create a plan for the next eighteen years of his life."

Jake shivered when she mentioned clowns. "Good cause I hate them too so we are on the same page with that. No clowns for the baby. Glad we discussed that. I could just dress him in Tapout and Affliction attire." He smiled at her knowing she'd love that. "I do want to get in with Underarmour if I ever can...fyi beautiful." He kissed her cheek.

He couldn't wait to see her in her sexy dress. "You know I am taking you out, did you ever think I was going to maybe, just maybe, formally ask you there? Gosh a guy tries to be all romantic and you make it hard." He smiled at her. "I heard your boss is a bit of a hard ass too. Maybe he won't give you the day off." Jake smiled at her.

He gave her a nod. "Yeah. I gave her a name suggestion, she liked Isaac, I saw that Owen means young fighter. So she said Owen Isaac. But Owen Isaac Connors. What kind of name is that? It doesn't even flow. Owen Isaac Daniels. That flows. Sounds good. Who knows she may turn out to hate it down the road too." He gave her another nod. "Yeah after the little argument about the name I need to talk to him. I need to figure out what right and options I have. She was saying how he would be living with her so it was only right he had her name." His head shook. "That's not how I see it. What do you think about 50/50? I want you to have a say in this too. This is our next 18 years babe, not just mine." He looked at her and rubbed her legs and gave Max a few pets.

"He is a hard ass and he better give me the day off if he wants me looking my best. I won't hesitate to go to some fancy awards show in sweatpants with my hair in rollers if he makes me cater to his every need the day of the event." She playfully threatened. If she didn't have enough time to get ready then she probably wouldn't go. She would not go to an award show if she didn't look like an award herself.

"They both sound like three first names to me." She shrugged her shoulder and kissed Max's nose. "I don't think you have a right to claim his last name. You are his father but you and Layla aren't married. At this point she has sole custody. She can name him whatever she wants. Your lawyer can't make her name him Daniels."

She frowned a little bit, "50/50 what?" It took her a second to realize he was talking about the bay spending half of his time here and she visibly relaxed. "How are we going to work out having a new born for three or four days a week? We aren't ready for a baby in way, shape or form. You don't even have a family friendly car. I get that you want to spend time with him and if that's what you want to do then fine but all we have a nursery and its decorative. It's not baby ready."

He leaned over to her and kissed her softly. "You know you could show up in sweats and your hair in rollers and still be the sexiest and most beautiful woman in the entire place." He smiled at her and gave her a peck before sitting back again. He would give her any day off she wanted as long as he didn't have a fight in the near future.

"I understand he can't make her do anything about the name. But I just mean what rights I have in general. I don't want her playing me for child support and days if I have rights to fight certain things. I'm just trying to watch my own butt here." Jake rubbed Max's back.

Jake let out a little sigh. "We work it out anyway we have to. So I'm the guy who gets to see his kid every other weekend and write out a check every month? I'm sorry I don't want that. I don't want to miss out on things in his life because I never get to see him. I get we don't have a child friendly car. We go buy one. I get we don't have bottles and diapers and food and everything else. We go and get things. We make the nursery ready." She couldn't see them having him so much, but it was hard for him to wrap his mind around not having him.

This was why he had a lawyer. She didn't know what to tell him. Most of the time the guy paid the child support and sucked it up. If he had custody half of the time maybe he would have to pay anything. Or maybe he would only have to pay half of what was required of him since she would only have the baby half the time. She didn't know how custody battles worked and she, once hoped, she would never have to learn. Now she was figuring all of this out with Jake.

"I'm not saying it's not a good idea to keep him here. I'm just saying its a lot for us to do in three months. We have no idea what your fighting schedule is going to look like. If we do keep him here and you have a fight then you will be spending most of your time at the gym to train for the fight. You can't half ass a baby. It's not just buying stuff. It's your entire schedule that needs to be changed. What happens if you have a fight the day that Layla goes into labor? What comes first? I will be the one answering that call, do I tell you or do I let you fight and then tell you?"

She shrugged her shoulder, "Buying stuff is easy. When you think about the preparation and the planning it takes to have a baby things get harder. Add a newborn to your fighting schedule. Subtract all of the sleep you want and need during a fight week and put three hours of sleep. And I know I sound like the bad guy but I'm being a realist. I will help. You have my help but if you think that because it's a fight week, I will let you sleep peacefully in bed while I slave away after a baby day and night you have another thing coming. We will either swap turns during the night or swap nights or whatever else we need to do.

Jake knew his lawyer would figure out what was best for them all involved. He trusted the guy with his life so he new he would do well this as well.

He listened to her and she made valid points. "Well she said she wouldn't expect me to watch him while I had a fight. Hopefully she will hold up to that. Hopefully she will be understanding. She wants us to watch him while she has classes certain nights. So hopefully if I do that for her she will help me out too. Now we can always set up a play pen while I'm working out... I don't expect you to watch him all day and night. I know he is my responsibility. I honestly don't expect you to wake up in the middle of the night with him at all. That is on me. When he's older he can come with me and work out with his old man." Jake smiled a bit. "You tell me if she goes into labor while I have a fight. Let me decide what to do." Honestly he wasn't sure what he would do. If he turned a fight down he'd be fined and lose out on money, but then again he didn't want to miss out on his son being born.

He understood that she was just trying to make him think about things. "Babe...we can't be the first fighter and his girlfriend or wife to have a child. Yes it will be harder but it's not impossible. Maybe I'll have a fight and get no sleep and get my ass handed to me. Or maybe God will bless us with a child who sleeps through the night, let's hope and pray, and I fight better than ever." He smiled knowing it probably wouldn't work that way but he could dream.

"That's why we should meet with my lawyer and sit down with Layla and work everything out so we have a better structure of what would happen."

In a newborn in a playpen in a gym...that sounded like a disaster. She rolled her eyes and exhaled, "Or you could ask my mother to watch him. She knows what to do with babies and since she has called me flipping out about you, I'm guessing you said something right. She would probably happily watch him while you went to the gym." She wondered if he would still mean what he said when he was running on no sleep. An interesting theory and since he hardly got up with Max it was only fair that she hardly got up with the baby. At least until the crying drove her crazy.

No there tons of athletes with girlfriends and wives that had baby mamas. She never thought she would be one of them. At least he only had one. If there were more she and Max would have been long gone.

If she knew anything about babies she knew they didn't sleep through the night. "You actually seem willing to get your ass handed to you." No one would take it easy on him because he had a baby at home. All it took was a couple a of loses and he was pushed back farther and farther from his dream. She never felt so disappointed in someone. He had all the potential in the world and now who knew what would happen. He could surprise her and become the champion he was meant to be.

"I think that's a meeting for you, Layla and your lawyer. You can tell me all about it when you come home but I have no business in that conversation." She said softly. It wasn't that she didn't want to be there but she really felt like she didn't belong there. He could call he the babies step mom all he wanted, there were some places that she was not supposed to be and that felt like one of them.

Ryan gave her a nod. "Yeah I could call your mom. I think honestly she would like that. She did already say he would be welcome for Sunday dinners." He smiled a bit. "Your mama likes me." He grinned wider. At least he that going for him.

He shook his head. "No babe. I'm not willing. Honestly it is telling me I'm going to just have to work even harder than I thought. But how wonderful is that championship going to feel when I have literally busted my ass for it?" He had no idea Adri was disappointed in him as a fighter. Part of him figured she'd be his number one fan whether he was champion or not, but not was never an option to him. Still wasn't. "It's not going to be easy Adriana. I know that." He was getting a little discouraged and frustrated. "I'm trying to do what is the right thing and also go after my own dreams and goals. Sorry I don't think I have to choose one or the other. Honestly I want someone to tell me I can't have both so I can prove them wrong." He got up and went to the kitchen to grab some water. It would be nice though to have his girlfriend have a little bit of faith in him. She was already counting him out. "It's not impossible. You may not think I can do it. But I can. And I will." He came back. "So I get creative with things. I'll figure it out." He would figure it out with or without her help.

"Fine. If you don't want to go I won't force you to go." He said quietly before taking a drink of his water.

Adri rolled her eyes, "Yeah, for some reason she likes you." She teased.

They were fine and then they jumped right back into fighting. When he got up, she got up and grabbed Max's leash and her phone. "I'm taking him the dog park down the road." She picked up two water bottles and kissed Jake's cheek. The wound was still raw. They needed to diffuse and come back to it later. There weren't any dogs at the park so Max couldn't run his energy off. Instead she focused on teaching him a command or two. He was getting better at sit and stay. That was all she knew how to do though. Jake would be busy with training and the baby. It was about time she hired someone to help her train Max. She didn't need or want Jake to over extend himself.

After an hour and half she took Max home. He got tired of walking but he was going to grow into a huge dog at one point and she could not get him used to being carried everywhere. She tugged his leash a bit and eventually he got up and slowly walked back home. When they did get home, she fed him dinner and let him chill out for a while.

She checked her personal email and then she checked Jake's work email. She finally got a response from Gatorade and she printed that out for him. There were a few other small offers from gyms that he would want to check out so she printed those. Her email was unusually active; brands were reaching out to her to model their bikini lines, FitFabFun box offered to send her a free box, teeth whitening companies were offering their product. She wouldn't have gotten these opportunities if she didn't have Jake's name attached to her and she knew that.

She could be a full time model. Her Instagram account was still attracting followers. She could stop working for Jake, if she wanted too. She wasn't going to right away but the option was there if she wanted it. There would come a time where this entire working for the guy that you love thing would get old. Everyone knew you don't shit where you eat. He didn't even need her full time.he was too busy, or lazy, to put his schedule in his phone. The only time he needed her was during his fight weeks, and she was busiest his fight day. If she brought up cutting down her hours now, it would come off as her trying to distance herself from the baby.

She printed out her offers and stuck them in a separate file. She set Jake's on the kitchen counter and she sat on the couch and looked through hers. If she was interested she put a pink highlighter dot in the corner and if she wasn't she folded the corner of the paper.

Jake let her leave. He went up his room to change into swim trunks. He jumped in the pool and swam a few laps. He tried to clear his head. He then sat in the hot tub a bit. It felt good on his muscles and aches. He sure as wouldn't get anything rubbed out by Adri for awhile so it was good to help.

After relaxing a bit he went up to shower and put on a pair of shorts. When he came down she was already home with Max. Max was obviously worn out. He saw the offers on the counter and stood there leaning over the counter looking at them.

Walking into the living room, he noticed she had papers herself. It was pretty obvious what they were. Modeling mad her happy. He looked down and thought about things. It was something that originally bothered him was to lose her as his assistant, but he didn't want to hold her back. "You know if you want to do more shoots you can. And it doesn't matter when they are. If I have a fight I'll figire something out." It was hard for Jake not to take things personally, but she made little jabs about having to cater to him every day. He was making a mental note not to let her do that.

Most of her offers were through Instagram, they wanted her to promote something and for every sale she got a portion of the sale. It wasn't that bad of a deal. Some offers actually wanted her to model their product and that meant travelling to LA or New York. It wasn't the worst thing in the world but scheduling around Jake's schedule that he didn't have would be a pain in the ass.

She looked up from the papers and rubbed her lips together, "Do you really mean that or are you being passive aggressive?" She asked softly. She didn't want to go off and do something and then come back to an angry boyfriend. "Maybe we should talk about my work schedule when we aren't so off kilter." She set the papers against her thighs and licked her teeth.

"I hate that we are constantly fighting and it feel like we are one bad fight way from going our separate ways and I don't want that to happen. I don't think you want it to happen either. So let's give it a day and then we can talk about it tomorrow."

Did he mean it, yes. Was he also upset and frustrated, yes. "Yes I mean that. I saw how happy doing them makes you. I'd be selfish to not let you do them. It's not like I have a fight planned right now." She may be right about waiting to talk about it, but it was completely how he felt. He would do whatever he had to, if it was take care of himself, a baby, and his schedule he would do it.

His hand ran through his hair and he looked at her. "Adri...I'm not going anywhere..." His eyes looked in hers without saying anything for a few moments. He then climbed over her and then laid against the back of the couch with his upper half leaning on her a moment. "I don't want that to happen. If you want to talk tomorrow we can. My answer will be the same. And from what I put together you want to do more. But we talk about that maybe you would want to think about whether or not you still want to work for me. Because I'd rather lose you as my assistant than my girlfriend." He looked at her.

"Share with me what you got?" He put his head on her shoulder.

She looked down at the papers and then back up at him. If he really meant the they could easily talk about it tomorrow and move on. It was almost like he knew what she was thinking. They were together 24/7. They never had a break from each other. Sure it was nice when they first started dating but it was quickly getting old. They needed time to miss each other.

She took a deep breath and started from the beginning, "It might be boring to you. It's not all modeling jobs." She warned before going through the list. It might make him happy to hear that most of her emails were promotion gigs and didn't really involve her travelling. It did involve a lot more photos though, which meant needing more modeling jobs and staged candid shots. Maybe she needed an assistant to take pictures of her. She laughed at herself and shook her head. She had to find Jake one first.

"I think I am going to let Max sleep with us from now on. Dogs have a pack mentality and they are used to sleeping on top of each other. Maybe he will sleep better, and through the night, if he knows we are there with him. That also needs we need a bigger bed. I am thinking a California king. That way when he is bigger we all still fit and if a little person has a bad dream and comes running to our room asking to sleep with us, they will fit too."

He was sort of regretting telling her if she wanted to quit she could. Jake liked having her in charge of things when it came to fights. She learned how he liked things and to get someone else trained and as good as her would be hard. Maybe he was still stuck in the honeymoon phase of their relationship and she was ready to get out of it. She had been in a relationship before, he hadn't.

He listened intently to her talk about what she got emails about and he asked questions and was interested. His hand ran up and down her leg. Some of the promotion gigs weren't things he would do but that was why they asked Adri and not him. He still thought it was great for her. "That all is awesome babe. Which do you really want to do?"

Jake just looked at her smiling as she talked about Max sleeping with them. "Thought he wouldn't sleep with us?" She was a big softy for her baby boy and Jake understood. Then he looked at her when she mentioned a little person. He smiled a bit. "A bigger bed sounds nice maybe we can get one of those memory foam ones?" He thought about it a moment. "But Max sleeps at the foot of the bed. I want to be able to cuddle with you." He gave her neck a kiss. "Would you want to go shopping tomorrow before our date?"

"I picked a few of them. The ones that I would actually use. The ones that don't require me to leave. I am still looking through the modeling gigs though." She bit her bottom lip and looked at Jake. It all depended on their talk tomorrow.

"I read something that made me feel bad. We are tearing them from their families, where they sleep on top of each other, and bringing them to a new environment. The least we could is let them sleep with us. So why not let him sleep with us?" She shrugged her shoulder. "It makes sense to me. We need a bigger bed though or we won't fit when he is full size."

She agreed to a memory foam bed. "I'm sure he will want to be curled up with one of us as a puppy and then go down to the foot when he is older and bigger." She raised an eyebrow, "We can go shopping." She agreed. "If we do find a mattress then we need to find a new headboard too. We are back into the world of furniture shopping. Fun times ahead!"

Jake ran his fingertips up and down her side. "Well if you travel is that something you want to do on your own or we could go together?" He figured depending where it was he could train while she did her shoot or if she wantes to go alone he'd give her that space. "When are you telling your family?"

"Okay babe. We can let him sleep with us. Once he's huge he better run with me or we are getting a new dog." He could just picture Max curling up with Adri and not running with him. "I want to get one of those strollers youncan run with." He grabbed his phone to do research on which is best.

"Is baby shopping okay tomorrow too?" He looked at Adri a moment. It was for only a moment but he grabbed a notebook and the book she got him. The one for dummies, and laid back down with her. He started making a list.

Stroller
Baby gates
Play pen
Bottles
Diapers

And the list went on. He had a good list started before checking the book. Once his list was done, there was research on the best of some things. After reading the book a little he looked at Adri, "What do you think about a Durango? I'd keep the mustang of course but a Durango has room for the baby and Max. Plus a spacious back for my fight bags."

"Depends on your schedule. If you can make it then I would love for you to come but if you are busy don't stress over it." She looked at him. "I tell them on Sunday after dinner so I don't have to hear their mouths for long. I can feed them, tell them the news and then send them off. It should be relatively easy." She shrugged her shoulder. "But we may have to stay away from family dinners for a week or two. Until one of my brothers does something stupid. It usually doesn't take long."

She laughed a bit, "You can get a new dog. I am perfectly happy with the one I have." She scratched Max's head happily.

"If that's what you want but you should probably get a normal stroller too." She looked through her offers while he did something on his phone. She nodded her head slowly to baby shopping. "Tomorrow is your day. We can do whatever you want."

She had to look up a Durango on her phone and nodded her head, "It's a good looking car. I think it would be nice. I thought you would go for an explorer or something but that's nice too. I think I am going to get an Explorer though or some type of big Mercedes. I'm happy with what I have for now though so I have time before I have to think about that."

Back
Top Bottom